Time  Nick               Message
07:37 * magnuse          waves
07:39 josef_moravec      morning #koha
07:44 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 23037: Add Henry Bolshaw to contributors <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=72d4b10bf4abcfc36a9f3bac263ad182b6512088>
08:11 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D8 build #263: SUCCESS in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/263/
08:40 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9 build #752: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9/752/
08:40 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_U18 build #247: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_U18/247/
09:05 ashimema           Grr, random failures
09:05 magnuse            those are the best kind...
09:11 vfernandes         hi #koha
09:11 magnuse            hi vfernandes
09:12 magnuse            hi indradg
09:12 * magnuse          needs lunch
09:33 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9 build #753: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9/753/
09:34 * ashimema         is confused.. same failures... but all I pushed was a tiny string patch
10:01 fraktik            @karma
10:01 huginn`            fraktik: Highest karma: "Joubu" (754), "cait" (720), and "oleonard" (431).  Lowest karma: "-" (-59), "failed" (-41), and "ie" (-38).
11:19 alex_a             Bonjour
11:20 magnuse            hiya alex_a
11:21 alex_a             Salut magnuse
11:49 magnuse            Guten Tag calire
11:56 calire             hi magnuse :)
12:45 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 22982: (QA follow-up) Add behavior to Koha::Account::Line::apply and unit test <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=f417c15e499745a7cd35fd1c8c5ae79888857199>
12:45 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 22982: Add unit tests <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=986629b29f8651a99f877444c69dec2838f513d8>
12:45 huginn`            News from kohagit: Bug 22982: Paying lost fee does not always remove lost item from checkouts <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=20dde4cc4acf35ba9f5edc76c5271198217994e6>
12:59 ashimema           ooh.. general meeting
12:59 * ashimema         had totaly forgoten that
13:05 ashimema           anyone around?
13:06 Charles_Quain      charles here
13:06 georgew            I'm here because I thought there was a meeting this morning
13:06 ashimema           it's deadly quiet today
13:07 davidnind          yep
13:07 thd                yes
13:07 ashimema           there indeed is.. so long as we've got enough people to actually say anything ;)
13:07 ashimema           coolios.. could be a nice quick one then
13:08 georgew            I think it may be so quick that it might be over already
13:08 ashimema           #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 June 2019
13:08 huginn`            Meeting started Wed Jun  5 13:08:37 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:08 huginn`            Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:08 huginn`            The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_june_2019'
13:09 ashimema           #topic Introductions
13:09 ashimema           #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
13:09 caroline_catlady   #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:09 georgew            #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
13:09 Charles_Quain      # Charles Quain, Interleaf Technology
13:09 lisette            #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District
13:09 donnab             #info Donna Bachowski - ByWater Solutions
13:09 Charles_Quain      #info Charles Quain, Interleaf Technology
13:10 davidnind          #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
13:10 thd                #info Thomas Duk;eth, Agogme, New York City
13:10 khall              #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:10 ashimema           now they poor in :)
13:10 kidclamp           #info Nick Clemens,ByWater Solutions
13:10 tcohen             hi
13:10 wahanui            niihau, tcohen
13:10 magnuse            #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:10 tcohen             #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:11 tcohen             agenda?
13:11 greenjimll         #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
13:11 caroline_catlady   tbh, I had forgotten it was earlier than usual, literally just got in
13:12 magnuse            Charles_Quain: you forgot the "info" after the # :-)
13:12 greenjimll         The agenda is in: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_5_June_2019
13:12 Charles_Quain      Sorry. Still not used to IRC. Re-did it!
13:12 magnuse            ah, missed that
13:13 josef_moravec_     #info Josef Moravec, Czech Republic
13:14 ashimema           #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_5_June_2019 Agenda
13:14 ashimema           #topic Announcements
13:14 ashimema           Well, we succesfully released 19.05.00, 18.11.06, 18.05.13 :)
13:14 ashimema           #info 19.05.00, 18.11.06 and 18.05.13 were all released since we last met
13:14 ashimema           and, we had a successful Kohacon19 :)
13:14 ashimema           Great to see everyone there :)
13:14 ashimema           anyone got anything else to announce?
13:14 ashimema           ooh.. my irc seems to have a lag again today
13:15 greenjimll         Great to have the YouTube coverage of Kohacon19
13:15 Charles_Quain      Great work on 19.05. Some really great stuff in it.
13:15 Charles_Quain      On KohaCon....
13:15 Charles_Quain      I am putting the finishing touches to a report on the event.
13:15 ashimema           kidclamp++
13:15 fraktik            #Tomáš Wünsch, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
13:15 Charles_Quain      Will post it tomorrow or early next week.
13:15 magnuse            kidclamp++
13:16 Charles_Quain      207 Signed Up
13:16 Charles_Quain      15 Cancelled before the event
13:16 Charles_Quain      112 Attended on Monday
13:16 Charles_Quain      116 Attended on Tuesday
13:16 Charles_Quain      99 Attended on Wednesday
13:16 Charles_Quain      77 Attended on Thursday
13:16 fraktik            #info Tomáš Wünsch, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
13:16 Charles_Quain      We did not count Culture Day attendees
13:16 Charles_Quain      4 scheduled speakers were unable to attend.
13:16 greenjimll         If anyone wants to write a trip report on Kohacon19 for Ariadne journal, I hear the editor is willing to listen. :-)
13:16 Charles_Quain      Looks like we will have a surplus of about €2000 in the budget.
13:17 ashimema           #info Kohacon19 will have a nice report sent out in the next few days
13:17 Charles_Quain      still some final bills to come in.
13:17 Charles_Quain      I'd like to suggest that we use the surplus to fund some development in Koha.
13:17 Charles_Quain      Maybe put it on the agenda for the next IRC
13:17 caroline_catlady   are the results from the survey to be included in the report or is that just for you/next year's info
13:17 caroline_catlady   ?
13:18 Charles_Quain      No, the survey will be there too.
13:18 ashimema           we've jumped down the agenda a bit.. but that's fine with me.. kohacon is good to talk about
13:18 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
13:18 wahanui            Congratulations!
13:18 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D9 build #754: FIXED in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D9/754/
13:19 ashimema           #info There should end up a reasonably surplus on the Kohacon19 budget, lets discus a good use of that at the next meeting
13:20 ashimema           #info Sponsoring a development or donating it as a starter kitty for the next Kohacon in NZ are just a couple of options
13:20 ashimema           anything else kohacon Charles_Quain
13:20 Charles_Quain      Think that's all - sorry for messing your agenda sequence!
13:21 ashimema           let's move on then :)
13:21 ashimema           #topic Update on releases
13:22 ashimema           #info I'm pushing bugs only for at least another couple of weeks whilst I get up to speed as a new RM for 19.11
13:22 ashimema           rmaints?
13:22 wahanui            rmaints is, like, ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
13:22 ashimema           haha.. that needs an update now
13:23 ashimema           no, rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
13:24 ashimema           hmm
13:25 ashimema           none of them are around..
13:25 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_U18 build #248: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_U18/248/
13:25 ashimema           #info The new team is all in place and we're all warming up to the new cycle
13:25 fridolin           hi
13:25 tcohen             Martin, push the accounts work as it gets through QA
13:25 tcohen             don't delay it
13:25 tcohen             :-D
13:26 greenjimll         Is there a particular area of future development/bugs that needs focusing on?
13:26 ashimema           Was going to discuss that with fridolin to make sure I don't make his life too hard early on.. but I'm of the same opinion
13:27 ashimema           I'll be sending a mail to the dev lists later this week with some dev targets.. I'm a little behind where I'd hoped to be
13:28 ashimema           #info RM will send a mail later this week with some general target area's for this cycle
13:28 ashimema           acquisitions is one area I hope to get us working together on
13:29 ashimema           right now focus on bugfixes
13:29 ashimema           next topic
13:29 ashimema           #topic Training meeting proposition
13:29 caroline_catlady   oh yes, that's me
13:29 ashimema           davidnind: That one is our isn't it?
13:30 ashimema           oh.. coolios
13:30 caroline_catlady   I had written something somewhere
13:30 caroline_catlady   let me just find it
13:30 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D8 build #264: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/264/
13:30 ashimema           the floor is yours :)
13:31 caroline_catlady   Ok, so during Kohacon, a conversation sparked during one of the conferences (i think it was donnab 's?)
13:32 caroline_catlady   about how the organizations (support companies, et al) all have practices and materials  for training that we develop in our corner
13:32 caroline_catlady   but we thought it might be interesting to share
13:32 caroline_catlady   so the idea was to propose to add a meeting to the calendar where trainers/educators could exchange on ideas/best practices/materials
13:33 caroline_catlady   I don't think it's necessary to do one every month like the others
13:33 caroline_catlady   maybe 3-4 per year?
13:33 caroline_catlady   (anyone feel free to jump in)
13:33 donnab             I think quarterly would be good
13:33 georgew            i think it's an awesome idea
13:33 ashimema           #idea Lets share more documentation materials and training practices with each other.
13:33 ashimema           is irc the right format or are you thinking something more like a video conf?
13:34 caroline_catlady   I don't think there would be a set agenda like there is for actual meetings
13:34 donnab             I think a video conf would be better
13:34 caroline_catlady   I hadn't thpought of that
13:34 georgew            NEKLS might be able to offer the use of a Zoom room for this type of meeting
13:34 Charles_Quain      I agree that it is a terific idea
13:35 lisette            Sounds like a great idea!
13:35 caroline_catlady   So the idea here was to set a date for a first meeting
13:35 georgew            it would depend on scheduling, but we have two Zoom accoounts that are usually available
13:35 caroline_catlady   then we can iron out the details
13:35 ashimema           would you 'host' it caroline/david or would you rotate hosting it around participating organisations?
13:35 ashimema           good meet is also an option.. we've always found it to be very reliable (and free)
13:36 georgew            I'd be willing to host the meeting on one of our Zoom accounts and, after the meeting is started it's not hard to give control of the meeting to someone else
13:36 caroline_catlady   zoom accomodates how many people?
13:36 caroline_catlady   I have a free zoom account but i've never used it
13:36 donnab             I can offer the ByWater education zoom room too
13:36 georgew            our accounts will accomodate up to 100 attendees
13:36 donnab             a webinar will hold 100 people
13:36 caroline_catlady   holy cow!
13:36 ashimema           fancy proposing a date on the lists as a first step caroline?
13:36 * ashimema         now sees that as a challenge :P
13:37 caroline_catlady   would you like me to send a doodle/framadate to the list or decide on a date here and now?
13:37 ashimema           I think a doodle/framadate is probably best.. that should catch a few more people who may be interested
13:38 georgew            i'd prefer a doodle or framadate poll - then I could indicate if there were any times that our Zoom accounts were unavailable
13:38 * ashimema         knows he's not got the ptfs-e trainer calenders to hand and I'm sure they're like to attend ;)
13:39 caroline_catlady   #action caroline_catlady will send a doodle/framadate to the list to determine a date for a first trainer/educator meeting
13:39 caroline_catlady   (can I action even if I'm not chair?)
13:39 ashimema           awesome, you beat me to it
13:39 ashimema           I 'think' you can
13:39 ashimema           but for good measure
13:39 ashimema           #action caroline_catlady will send a doodle/framadate to the list to determine a date for a first trainer/educator meeting
13:40 caroline_catlady   I think that was it unless other people had input on this subject?
13:40 Charles_Quain      Interleaf will definitely be part of it.
13:40 caroline_catlady   Oh something else!
13:40 ashimema           brill
13:41 caroline_catlady   During Kohacon, it was also decided that we would create a catalog for plugins
13:41 caroline_catlady   rangi proposed setting up a koha for plugins and 'cataloging' them
13:42 caroline_catlady   inLibro will host the installation and I will start to catalog them
13:42 ashimema           haha.. brilliant
13:42 caroline_catlady   If anyone has a repo for their plugins, please send it to me
13:43 caroline_catlady   I also wanted to widen the purpose of that catalog a bit and maube add training materials
13:43 ashimema           #info caroline_catlady is going to start cataloging koha plugins, please send her your repositories if you've built any plugins.
13:43 caroline_catlady   like youtube videos and things
13:43 greenjimll         Cataloguing Koha release documents?
13:43 ashimema           are you aware of the bibliography?
13:43 thd                I assume that Zoom provides faciltiies for recording the session for everyone's future benefit.
13:43 caroline_catlady   ashimema: yes
13:43 caroline_catlady   I will try not to deduplicate
13:43 caroline_catlady   but it's still just an idea
13:44 greenjimll         Not to deduplicate?
13:44 caroline_catlady   right now the focus is on plugins
13:44 * ashimema         likes having 'one place to rule them all'
13:44 caroline_catlady   nsorry not duplicate what is in the bibliography
13:44 greenjimll         :-)
13:44 ashimema           there was also some discussion about adding plugin listings to mana.. I think there's a bug for it.. but who knows when/if we'll have a chance to do it.
13:45 caroline_catlady   anyway, that's all I wanted to say
13:46 donnab             I think it's an awesome idea caroline and will be happy to help in any way I can!
13:46 caroline_catlady   thx donnab :)
13:46 ashimema           ++
13:46 ashimema           teamwork++
13:46 ashimema           so.. I think that just leaves us with setting a time for the next meeting
13:47 ashimema           #topic Set time of next meeting
13:48 thd                The first Wed. 3 July but also a day before independence day holiday in the US.
13:49 ashimema           hmm, is that going to be a challenge for our friends over in the US then.. should we try a little earlier/later?
13:49 thd                Late on the day before independence day could be very bad for participation from the US.
13:50 thd                The following week should be fine for the US and may be before people in Europe leave for summer holidays.
13:50 ashimema           we could postpone it by a week
13:50 Charles_Quain      I dont have any particular preference
13:50 ashimema           so 10th.. sounds good to me
13:51 ashimema           and what time shall we make it
13:51 ashimema           20 UTC
13:51 * ashimema         digs out a timezone display
13:51 wizzyrea           good morning friends bah I missed the meeting
13:53 ashimema           ok,, 10 July 2019, 20 UTC it is unless I get any other options in the next minute or so?
13:53 Charles_Quain      OK with me
13:53 kidclamp           +1
13:53 davidnind          +1
13:53 thd                18 UTC was the previous meeting.
13:54 ashimema           that timing should mean we might catch a NZ person perhaps
13:54 georgew            +1
13:54 ashimema           8pm UK, 3pm US and 7am NZ (unless my math is out)
13:55 ashimema           of course.. US has lots of different times.. i know you lot are spread about ;)
13:55 ashimema           ok with that too thd.. or did you have any particular want of it being 18UTC?
13:55 thd                20 UTC may be more in the direction of the previous alternate norm but I am not certain.
13:55 Charles_Quain      Lovely. Talk soon.
13:56 davidnind          there is hope :)
13:56 davidnind          https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Meetings
13:56 ashimema           #info Next meeting: 10 July 2019, 20 UTC
13:56 ashimema           #endmeeting
13:56 huginn`            Meeting ended Wed Jun  5 13:56:55 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
13:56 huginn`            Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_5_june_2019.2019-06-05-13.08.html
13:56 huginn`            Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_5_june_2019.2019-06-05-13.08.txt
13:56 huginn`            Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_5_june_2019.2019-06-05-13.08.log.html
13:57 ashimema           thanks all
13:57 caroline_catlady   ashimema++
13:57 davidnind          ashimema++
13:58 * ashimema         goes and runs the meetings script
13:59 * caroline_catlady hates choosing dates for a poll
14:00 caroline_catlady   I don't want to put 45 dates on there, but I have no idea of the range
14:00 donnab             pick 10
14:00 greenjimll         Pick a month and then pick dates in that month you're available as a starter
14:01 caroline_catlady   I feel like june is too soon, but July and August are vacation months
14:01 greenjimll         You're never going to please everyone, even with a Doodle poll.
14:02 caroline_catlady   you're right, I always try to please everyone....
14:02 donnab             last couple of weeks of June should be fine!
14:02 davidnind          strike while the iron is hot!
14:03 ashimema           agree
14:04 oleonard           #info Owen Leonard -- Too late!
14:05 ashimema           lol
14:06 ashimema           ouch.. i forgot we're in BST over here.. I just set the next meeting to be at 9pm UK.. lol
14:06 ashimema           oh well
14:07 caroline_catlady   it's hard to get a good time for both NZ and western europe...
14:08 caroline_catlady   it's excatly 12 hours I think, so anything during the day in one place is during the night in the other
14:09 davidnind          just have to be night owls I guess :)
14:13 ashimema           indeed
14:14 wizzyrea           yeah nz is a real problem
14:14 oleonard           yeah, ashimema I don't think you get to complain to davidnind :)
14:14 wizzyrea           well it's just 12 hours :)
14:15 davidnind          :)
14:16 ashimema           haha.. I'm always amazed at your attendance davidnind.. huge commitment :)
14:16 ashimema           davidnind++
14:16 * ashimema         runs off on a school run.. brb
14:19 davidnind          Does anyone know who has the Koha YouTube channel access info? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqOmLE1-kt84liiG5233BRQ
14:19 davidnind          Would like to start curating playlists and things... and maybe add Kohacon videos
14:21 oleonard           Not listed here, unfortunately: https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Social_Networks
14:21 oleonard           (that page is almost certainly out of date)
14:22 caroline_catlady   There is a small section on here https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11 but it doesn't say who has the admin password
14:24 davidnind          Maybe tcohen, as the video on the channel is from the one they did for Kohacon in Argentina
14:24 davidnind          Which was in 2014
14:25 tcohen             davidnind: me!
14:26 tcohen             I created it, and gave access to wizzyrea (at least tried)
14:29 tcohen             caroline_catlady, davidnind I have access to the YouTube channel, I created it. Let's talk about handing you control
14:29 caroline_catlady   what do you need?
14:30 caroline_catlady   email address?
14:30 davidnind          thanks tcohen! that would be great!
14:30 caroline_catlady   (davidnind You can take care of it, I will just be a backup)
14:30 * oleonard         looks forward to more cat videos on the YouTube channel
14:31 davidnind          caroline_catlady: that would be great!
14:33 davidnind          always need a backup...
14:38 davidnind          tcohen: my email is david.nind@gmail.com
14:38 davidnind          right, better try and gets some zzzs
16:04 oleonard           Thank goodness for meetings or logbot would have nothing to do
16:17 reiveune           bye
19:07 wizzyrea           hi everybody
20:08 rangi              morning