Time  Nick               Message
22:30 wizzyrea           kidclamp ^ is that what you had in mind (it's not exactly what I had in mind but might suffice...)
22:28 wizzyrea           i'm not sure
22:28 huginn`            Bug 22724: major, P5 - low, ---, hayleymapley, Needs Signoff , Staff without writeoff permissions have access to 'Write off selected' button on Pay Fines tab
22:28 wizzyrea           https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22724 hm how are we feeling about her followup here
22:27 wizzyrea           :)
22:27 wizzyrea           and that's signed off
22:02 cait               it's clear what goes wrong... but was not sure how to fix
22:02 cait               I believe you, I looked it and didn#t come with an idea
21:46 Joubu              it was tricky!
21:44 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11853 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cannot clear date of birth via OPAC patron update
21:44 cait               Joubu++ thx for bug 11853
21:43 cait               oh missed caroline
21:30 caroline_catlady   I'll be off the grid until (and during) kohacon send me an email if you need me
21:01 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #264: FIXED in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_U18/264/
21:01 wahanui            Congratulations!
21:01 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
20:43 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #267: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_D9/267/
20:40 rangi              heh
20:36 Joubu              ha! I knew it!
20:36 wahanui            Congratulations!
20:36 Joubu              Yippee, build fixed!
20:34 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #275: FIXED in 18 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_D8/275/
20:34 wahanui            Congratulations!
20:34 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
20:26 rangi              heh
20:20 cait               was still fun
20:18 cait               we weren't allowed in any pubs :)
20:18 cait               i was in dublin in tenth grade... 16 or so?
20:17 rangi              yeah :)
20:17 davidnind          rangi: will see what I  can do, loving Alex's photos from his trip.
20:13 rangi              davidnind: that tour looks great! I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos
20:12 cait               to automate
20:12 cait               ashimema: he was asking if sending the patches as emaisl would help i think
20:12 caroline_catlady   Ireland and UK have been on my bucket list forever. One week in Dublin is a start
20:11 caroline_catlady   nice!
20:10 rangi              davidnind: true :)
20:10 ashimema           Very cool davidnind. Sure it'll be lovely
20:10 davidnind          rangi: there is never enough chocolate...
20:09 davidnind          caroline_catlady:  leaving this Sunday evening, doing this tour before kohacon https://www.rabbies.com/en/ireland-tours/from-dublin/4-5-day-tours/escape-to-west-5-day-tour
20:09 ashimema           I never replied to your thread cait, wasn't ignoring it.  Was just still contemplating it.
20:08 cait               sent to work email i think, because from work
20:08 ashimema           Awesome.
20:08 rangi              yep ill read it tonight
20:08 cait               i am a little lost there, can you take the ball?
20:08 cait               reminds me.. i forwarded you an email from bernardo
20:08 ashimema           I hugely enjoyed my hiatus whist on rebus:list and came back so much happier and appreciative of Koha as a whole.. though also occasionally driven to moments of despair still too.. but things certainly seem to be improving rapidly now
20:08 cait               cool :)
20:07 rangi              also id like to do some stuff with the manual to get translations being pulled nightly etc
20:06 ashimema           Cool, ๐Ÿ˜Š. Sometimes it's really nice to be able to concentrate on that stuff again.
20:06 * ashimema         now contemplates whether that's a vote of confidence or a hands up in the air despair.. hehe
20:06 rangi              ill probably just try to write some code and do some signoffs :)
20:05 rangi              :)
20:05 ashimema           No worries rangi, we were just all surprised..
20:05 caroline_catlady   davidnind: you're leaving soon right?
20:04 rangi              ohhh now davidnind has all that, im gonna have to think up something different!
20:04 caroline_catlady   I was thinking maple butter candies (if I can find any) or maple sugar cones, and ketchup chips
20:04 caroline_catlady   same here!
20:04 cait               i have made a stash too.... special requests still possible :)
20:03 cait               the jelly tip thing looks interesting
20:03 cait               ooooh dark salted caramel....
20:03 rangi              hehe
20:03 * cait             pouts because he fled her team
20:02 davidnind          caroline_catlady cait: has chocolate https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmn3AXFa96yUQuGB9
20:02 rangi              ashimema: i thought i might sit this cycle out, first one in years (ever?) that i havent had a role
20:02 wizzyrea           afk
20:02 wizzyrea           ok kiddo pickup time
20:01 ashimema           Shame.  Matrix used to be soo reliable for me
20:01 ashimema           For me it was matrix.org having more problems.. their oftc IRC bridge went down.. seems I found a whole in their active monitoring too
20:01 cait               brb
20:01 * cait             has to go out into the rain to bring hte garbage out *grumbes*
20:00 caroline_catlady   I saw that a bunch of ppl got kicked out during the meeting too
20:00 ashimema           Yes... rangi we want you for QA team.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
19:59 ashimema           Mine too.. right as the meeting started
19:59 caroline_catlady   no prob :)
19:56 davidnind          y = my
19:56 davidnind          oops!  not sure how I did that (plus y computer froze up earlier as well):-D
19:56 cait               just auto-put him on qa as formar RM
19:56 cait               naw... not twist his arm
19:55 cait               well they do sell german chocolate in nz.... so
19:54 caroline_catlady   davidnind: you pinged me cait and rangi earlier
19:53 wizzyrea           and they were wanting to twist your arm to be on it
19:53 wizzyrea           you aren't on the qa team list anymore
19:53 wizzyrea           oh
19:53 davidnind          rangi: ? (might have accidentally done something  when posting link to presentation)
19:53 wizzyrea           bahaha
19:53 caroline_catlady   https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/257/271/a8d.jpg
19:52 caroline_catlady   lol same!!
19:52 wizzyrea           https://media.giphy.com/media/rrhDzw5FwPpFC/giphy.gif
19:51 wizzyrea           but i might be thinking/saying "I regret nothing!!!!"
19:51 wizzyrea           caroline_catlady, that would certainly cause me to get a chocolate tummy ache
19:50 wizzyrea           be awesome. per usual.
19:50 rangi              davidnind: what did i do now?
19:50 caroline_catlady   They had FREE samples of EVERYTHING!!
19:49 caroline_catlady   I remember having the worst tummy ache after going to a chocolate factory in belgium
19:49 wizzyrea           >.>
19:49 wizzyrea           whatever, nz chocolate = best.
19:49 wizzyrea           or belgium
19:49 caroline_catlady   I thought it was belgium
19:49 wizzyrea           sorry germany, it's true.
19:49 wizzyrea           I am spoiled on chocolate, nz has the best chocolate
19:48 caroline_catlady   and never enough ice cream!
19:48 wizzyrea           correctprocedure
19:48 caroline_catlady   never enough chocolate, what kind of question is that?
19:47 wizzyrea           do you have enough chocolate
19:47 cait               uh any question for me left? :)
19:46 cait               ashimema: that's a little scarry :) i hope to recruit some more helpers
19:45 cait               reading back later
19:45 cait               sorry, long phone call
19:45 wizzyrea           that's the kind of thing i was hoping for ^.^
19:45 wizzyrea           also sip cli emulator :)
19:45 wizzyrea           but libraries will definitely want to know if a payment was cash or card or whatever
19:44 wizzyrea           i don't know if it's *wrong*
19:43 ashimema           wizzyrea ++ thanks for the feedback.. certainly looks like I've got something wrong.. will hit it first thing tomorrow
19:40 caroline_catlady   thx davidnind!
19:39 davidnind          caroline_catlady: cait's presentation from KohaCon18 is great as well https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykzTQzIx62RLS1BZWI5dmlIODR3TXhZUEdma2dyTDdJSlo0/view?usp=sharing
19:39 caroline_catlady   sending this over to a writer for an article so it has to be correct :)
19:39 wizzyrea           :)
19:39 wizzyrea           sure, the branches thing can go away
19:38 caroline_catlady   it's juste step 3 that's got to go?
19:38 caroline_catlady   ashimema, wizzyrea ok so I'll edit that
19:37 caroline_catlady   hello!
19:37 wizzyrea           it kinda morphed into the topic experts thing
19:37 davidnind          caroline_catlady: cait and rangi
19:36 wizzyrea           it was supposed to be a way to get bigger patches in
19:36 wizzyrea           that was an experiment that kinda went by the wayside
19:36 wizzyrea           yeah no
19:36 ashimema           I don't think I've seen a QA branch pushed in years though so that syrup can probably go
19:35 ashimema           Not mine,. Though I vaguely render writing something similar.. that one looks great though.
19:34 ashimema           Oh, nice page.
19:33 ashimema           That rings a bell
19:33 caroline_catlady   ah found it https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_workflow
19:32 caroline_catlady   I'm looking for an explanation on how a request goes from a new bugzilla to being pushed to master
19:31 caroline_catlady   ashimema, I seem to remember you wrote a wiki page about the development process? Or was it the development cycle?
19:19 ashimema           Your gonna have loads of eager volunteers. ๐Ÿ˜Š
19:19 ashimema           Testing workshop is the second most popular workshop btw Cait.. after elastic search
19:15 indradg            cait++
19:14 wizzyrea           well it feels, i think, more approachable that way
19:14 cait               (testing workshop)
19:14 cait               to care about functionality and tell us what concerns them, let others worry about code
19:14 cait               i'll actually try to encourage librarians in that way at kohacon
19:13 cait               that' sok :)
19:13 wizzyrea           there are bigger brains up the chain from me to say "hey that code is dumb"
19:13 wizzyrea           unless the unit tests aren't passing then I'd kick it out before even tryin git
19:12 wizzyrea           unit tests are great but I feel my role is more to be concerned by the function ^.^
19:12 wizzyrea           I'd be happy to
19:12 cait               wizzyrea: maybe you could continue testing? tests could be added later
19:12 wizzyrea           yes
19:12 wizzyrea           no flogging
19:12 ashimema           right.. best dissapear for a bit now I'm afraid.. other half would like to see me again this evening.. ;)
19:12 wizzyrea           j/k
19:12 * wizzyrea         gets out the wet spaghetti noodle for your flogging
19:11 ashimema           oops :S
19:11 ashimema           it would be great to have some feedback/user testing.. but I will certainly write a test for it now I've spotted that it's not tested
19:11 wizzyrea           they currently pass :P
19:11 wizzyrea           well if it makes you feel better
19:11 wizzyrea           lulz
19:10 * ashimema         just failed qa on his own patch.. grr.. curse my haist
19:10 wizzyrea           oh
19:10 * ashimema         now realises he didn't hit those patches with the test suit.. wonder if we test that area properly already.. I'll need to write a test
19:10 wizzyrea           it's just fiddly. :)
19:10 wizzyrea           the emulator in misc/sip_cli_emulator.pl does work well for testing
19:09 ashimema           yeah.. I agree
19:09 ashimema           thanks for looking at it.. it'll be another nice little step to having clearer codes and translatability and things
19:08 wizzyrea           that's alright I think maybe I can work something out. We really ought to have a library of these things.
19:08 wizzyrea           I see
19:08 wizzyrea           right, oki so they get in there via SIP
19:08 ashimema           Kyle might be a good bet?
19:08 ashimema           but yeah.. I'm afraid I haven't got an emulator to hand at all :(
19:07 ashimema           this is one of those where I mostly coded it by reading the logic.. I did get colin_c to give it a quick once over and he seemed confident (and Kyle has also taken a quick look too)
19:07 ashimema           basically.. SIP transactions contain a type string somewhere which is 01, 02 or 03 in 99% of cases (or missing or another numeric in others).. it's that string and it used to just get concatenated onto 'Pay'
19:06 wizzyrea           i just thought if you had one from when you were developing that it would be handy
19:06 wizzyrea           it's ok I can make one up
19:05 wizzyrea           well a sip string or a sipemulator thing
19:05 ashimema           I'm afraid I don't really have anything to hand :(
19:05 ashimema           yeah.. testing SIP sucks
19:04 ashimema_          erm
19:04 ashimema_          ohh.. fun
19:04 wizzyrea           I promise I won't bother after this lol
19:04 wizzyrea           and how do you get Pay01 entries in your DB
19:04 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , SIP Payment Types should be moved out of accountype
19:04 wizzyrea           I wanted to test bug 22610 wondering if you had a sip string
19:03 ashimema_          but fire away
19:03 ashimema_          was about to step away..
19:03 wizzyrea           ashimema_, about
18:57 koha-jenkins       Use '!koha-jenkins help' to get help!
18:57 koha-jenkins       cait did you mean me? Unknown command 'is'
18:57 cait               koha-jenkins: is celebrating
18:56 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #82: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/82/
18:56 wahanui            Congratulations!
18:56 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
18:55 tcohen             cait++
18:54 ashimema_          awesome thing to finish the day on there koha-jenkins :)
18:54 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #80: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/80/
18:54 wahanui            Congratulations!
18:54 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
18:53 cait               it happens :)
18:53 * ashimema_        goes back to read the minutes and see what he missed
18:53 ashimema_          apologies for the really late arrival there guys.. silly IRC client faliure
18:53 lisettelatah       cait++
18:53 ashimema_          cait++
18:53 davidnind          cait++
18:53 cait               thx for attending everyone!
18:53 huginn`            Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_8_may_2019.2019-05-08-18.04.log.html
18:53 huginn`            Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_8_may_2019.2019-05-08-18.04.txt
18:53 huginn`            Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2019/general_irc_meeting_8_may_2019.2019-05-08-18.04.html
18:53 huginn`            Meeting ended Wed May  8 18:53:08 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
18:53 cait               #endmeeting
18:53 cait               #info Next meeting: 5 June 2019, 13 UTC
18:53 ashimema_          :)
18:52 caroline_catlady   +1
18:52 cait               everyon ok with 13 UTC?
18:52 ashimema_          it would for me
18:52 cait               would be one hour earlier work better?
18:52 ashimema_          could be fun
18:52 ashimema_          indeed
18:52 cait               hm it will be your first RM general :)
18:51 cait               i think one hour earlier might be slightly better for catching people at work
18:51 ashimema_          that's OK for me.. though I'll be coming from the mobile phone for some of it (school pickup time)
18:51 thd                I am uncertain whether we have had drift from preferences as summer time winter time clocks have changed.
18:51 cait               good?
18:51 ashimema_          yup, 3pm
18:50 cait               shoudl be 3pm uk?
18:50 cait               4 pm here
18:50 thd                Yes, 14 UTC has been used recently.
18:50 * ashimema_        quickly converts that to bst
18:49 caroline_catlady   is there a rotation for times?
18:49 cait               it looks like april had 14 utc
18:49 ashimema_          works for me
18:49 cait               can someone help with the next time slot?
18:49 thd                Yes, holidays and other major events should be avoided.
18:48 cait               may 1 was a holida yin a lot of places
18:48 thd                almost always
18:48 cait               which time?
18:48 cait               June 5
18:48 cait               i think we always do first wednesday of the month
18:47 cait               #topic Time for next meeting
18:47 * ashimema_        is looking forward to it all now.. I feel we've got a a great team there
18:47 cait               moving on :)
18:46 wizzyrea           away just a minute
18:46 cait               it's named team for a reason :)
18:46 wizzyrea           I think it's gonna be fun :D
18:46 tcohen             ashimema++
18:46 cait               ashimema_++ :)
18:45 tcohen             this will be great, ashimema
18:45 ashimema_          Thanks mate :)
18:45 Joubu              congrats ashimema! And good luck! ;)
18:45 wizzyrea           \o/
18:45 ashimema_          :)
18:44 cait               congratulations everyone! we got a new release team!
18:44 ashimema_          oh.. I missed that there are no wiki curators this time around.. interesting
18:44 huginn`            yes (10): Joubu, georgew, caroline_catlady, cait, lisettelatah, davidnind, wizzyrea, ashimema_, thd, tcohen
18:44 huginn`            Voted on "Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time?" Results are
18:44 cait               #endvote
18:44 wizzyrea           whenever the build is fixed.
18:44 wizzyrea           i love that they have a wee bot conversation
18:44 Joubu              koha-jenkins and wahanui take part in the vote!
18:44 cait               giving it another moment :)
18:43 tcohen             #vote yes
18:43 ashimema_          #vote yes
18:42 georgew            #vote yes
18:42 cait               I am especially happy about the new names on this list!
18:42 thd                #vote yes
18:42 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #76: FIXED in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/76/
18:42 wizzyrea           #vote yes
18:42 wahanui            Congratulations!
18:42 koha-jenkins       Yippee, build fixed!
18:42 Joubu              #vote yes
18:42 lisettelatah       #vote yes
18:42 davidnind          #vote yes
18:42 caroline_catlady   #vote yes
18:42 cait               #vote yes
18:41 huginn`            Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
18:41 huginn`            Begin voting on: Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:41 cait               #startvote  Do you elect the release team for 19.11 as listed on the wiki at this time? (yes,no,abstain)
18:41 Joubu              yes, let's vote!
18:41 Joubu              I will ask more later, do not worry ;)
18:41 cait               Joubu: are you satisfied with the answers?
18:41 wizzyrea           but anyway vote nao?
18:40 cait               opinions are good, base for discussion
18:40 wizzyrea           <.<
18:40 wizzyrea           >.>
18:40 wizzyrea           but yes I am friendly and also opinionated.
18:40 ashimema_          even
18:40 wizzyrea           :)
18:40 ashimema_          ;)
18:40 wizzyrea           fine.
18:40 ashimema_          tame as in friendly ;(
18:40 wizzyrea           ok you're right
18:39 wizzyrea           haha you called me tame.
18:39 * ashimema_        suggests wizzyrea for a tame SO person.. and I'm sure almost anyone QA wise would be keen to be involved in such bugs early
18:39 wizzyrea           yeah that's frustrating
18:39 Joubu              or... wait for it pushed and disappear
18:39 cait               we got our wish list, now just have to work towards it
18:39 cait               and write some helpful docs on how to use X :)
18:38 wizzyrea           don't drop it and disappear
18:38 wizzyrea           and your bug fixing
18:38 wizzyrea           and be ready for your inevitable followups
18:38 cait               that's a good approach
18:38 ashimema_          meaning, get a SO and QA person on side first and work with them whilst writing it rather than having it all land as a surprise
18:38 ashimema_          I'd say "If you're looking to do a big patch, get a team behind you before submitting it"
18:38 tcohen             ashimema++
18:37 Joubu              thanks ashimema_  :)
18:37 ashimema_          those are all general things I think we as a team are looking for.. I am happy to mention them specifically though
18:37 Joubu              well, it depends on several things, but most of the time yes, no big patches :)
18:37 cait               small steps
18:36 cait               also please... no big big patches
18:36 caroline_catlady   what a great community we have :)
18:36 wizzyrea           well continuous improvement is an excellent goal to have
18:36 ashimema_          we're in better habbits as a community (though we need to keep striving for improvements)
18:36 Joubu              ashimema_: ok good plan, just remember it is what I tried :) I hope you will have more chance than me ;)
18:36 ashimema_          No, I hope to continue to encourage that.. I just forgot to mention it.. the 'improve unit tests' I feel is a given at all times now
18:35 Joubu              Also, no more "refactoring" or "improve unit tests" bullets on the list. Which means you think we reached a goal already?
18:34 ashimema_          that's an initial plan anyway..
18:34 ashimema_          my hope is to grab a chat with support company purse string holders and get an idea of where they're wanting to focus efforts the next couple of cycles.. spot overlaps and try to get them to agree to time them nicely to collaborate rather than us all being out of sync
18:33 ashimema_          I had hoped to already mail a few company directors but time got away from me
18:33 Joubu              I'd like to know how Martin plans to "introduce more collaboration between parties"
18:33 cait               Joubu first
18:33 wizzyrea           but it might mess up the url
18:33 wizzyrea           lol
18:33 wizzyrea           well put a ? on the end
18:33 Joubu              sorry, did not see it, I have a question then
18:32 wizzyrea           oh I thought you were asking for the question for the vote
18:32 cait               the voting thing wants something that ends with ?
18:32 cait               wizzyrea: that's not a question :)
18:32 cait               i#ve asked for questions before :)
18:32 wizzyrea           Accept the whole team documented as at whatever the time is now UTC at https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11
18:32 Joubu              questions about the proposal, maybe? :)
18:31 cait               hm, i might need help to phrase a question
18:31 cait               ok, preparing the vote vote sec
18:31 huginn`            yes (10): Joubu, georgew, caroline_catlady, cait, lisettelatah, davidnind, wizzyrea, tcohen, thd, ashimema_
18:31 huginn`            Voted on "Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page?" Results are
18:31 cait               #endvote
18:31 Joubu              #vote yes
18:31 cait               ...
18:31 ashimema_          #vote yes
18:31 cait               1
18:31 cait               2
18:31 cait               3
18:31 cait               4
18:31 cait               5
18:30 tcohen             #vote yes
18:30 davidnind          #vote yes
18:30 cait               vote on the method... vote vote next :)
18:30 georgew            #vote yes
18:30 caroline_catlady   #vote yes
18:30 lisettelatah       #vote yes
18:30 cait               yep
18:30 cait               #vote yes
18:30 caroline_catlady   this is a vote on the vote?
18:30 thd                #vote yes
18:30 wizzyrea           #vote yes
18:30 huginn`            thd: ye is not a valid option. Valid options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:30 cait               ashimema: i kind of forgot :)
18:30 thd                #vote ye
18:29 huginn`            Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
18:29 huginn`            Begin voting on: Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
18:29 cait               #startvote Shall we vote on the whole release team 19.11 in one big vote as listed on the wiki page? (yes,no,abstain)
18:29 davidnind          +1
18:29 ashimema_          +1 on whole team vote
18:29 thd                ++
18:29 ashimema_          I mostly went for RM and didn't think it hugely appropriate to do other things at the same time that may conflict..
18:29 caroline_catlady   +1
18:29 wizzyrea           fine by me
18:29 cait               if that receives no veto
18:29 cait               ok, my plan is to vote for the whole team in one big vote
18:28 ashimema_          happy to be cait
18:28 cait               ashimema: shibboleth? ;)
18:28 wizzyrea           this all seems fine to me?
18:28 cait               someone still not sure who needs a little encouragement?
18:28 cait               any questions? :)
18:28 wizzyrea           #info Liz Rea, doer of things
18:28 wizzyrea           well if it isn't a rule it should be :P
18:27 cait               not sure about qa
18:27 cait               i htink they are part of security group
18:27 cait               not sure if it's documented
18:27 ashimema_          oh really Joubu, I wasn't aware of that one
18:27 tcohen             hola Yonatรกn
18:27 cait               and give us a little heads up so we can hit refresh
18:27 cait               also, if you want to sign up and haven't yet, please do now :)
18:27 ashimema_          confident we can bend his arm
18:27 Joubu              Previous RMs are part of the QA team de facto, iirc :)
18:26 ashimema_          rangi on qa++
18:26 tcohen             we can volunteer him of course ;-)
18:26 cait               i think we can still fix that a little later
18:26 cait               tcohen: shame on me for not noticing until now he had escaped!
18:25 cait               please review the page and ask any questions you have
18:25 tcohen             can I veto the absense of rangi on the QA team?
18:25 cait               main event
18:25 wizzyrea           #Liz Rea, doer of things
18:25 tcohen             \o/
18:25 cait               #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.11 Proposals for 19.11 release team
18:25 cait               I see we had some last minute additions, very happy :)
18:24 cait               main part of today's meeting
18:24 cait               no veto, so moving on :)
18:24 cait               #topic Elections!
18:24 cait               not longer...
18:24 cait               might on longer torture the ones not being able to attend
18:23 cait               ok, moving on?
18:23 cait               cool
18:22 ashimema_          It's just so we can guestimate the numbers and allocate rooms suitably.. change welcome on the day.. I may even shift the program around a little if I get the overwhelming feeling that two really popular one's overlap ;)
18:22 Charles_Quain      Well, Interleaf is famous for giving away small jars of jelly beans at conferences...
18:22 caroline_catlady   bringing maple candies for bribes
18:22 cait               did you plan for a sweets table?
18:22 * cait             will bring extra chocolate
18:22 cait               i might switch if the technical ones are too hard... :)
18:21 Charles_Quain      The doorman can be bribed!
18:21 cait               :)
18:21 Charles_Quain      Not at all.
18:21 caroline_catlady   will we be refused at the door?
18:21 Charles_Quain      https://forms.gle/KrHt5FxwvWt9jm8c7
18:21 caroline_catlady   what if we can't decide?
18:21 ashimema_          Workshops attendance looks like a nice spread.
18:20 ashimema_          Nothing really to add to that
18:20 Charles_Quain      There is a google form for those who want to sign up - sent out via eventbrite. Give me a sec and I'll send the link
18:20 cait               we heard all slots are filled
18:19 cait               anything about the workshops maybe?
18:19 ashimema_          :(
18:19 ashimema_          literally just joined
18:19 ashimema_          no idea what's been said
18:19 cait               ashimemaanything to add to Kohacon?
18:19 ashimema_          sorry I missed most of the meeting.. was sitting waiting for it to begin!
18:18 Charles_Quain      some great pubs to be sampled.
18:18 ashimema_          grr, seems my irc connection is dead again..!
18:18 cait               of living in Dublin? :)
18:18 Charles_Quain      I put a few names on the pub list, but didnt want to do too many in case I gave a bad impression of my social life!
18:17 cait               also add yourself if you want to :)
18:17 cait               #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon19/Social Info about people arriving/leaving and pubs
18:17 Charles_Quain      if anyone has questions around the wider Dublin stuff, feel free to email me directly.
18:16 cait               heh
18:16 kidclamp           ah yes, things are cool, fix the bugs, be execellent to eac hother
18:16 Charles_Quain      looking forward to seeing everyone in Dublin in 2 weeks
18:15 Charles_Quain      finalising the Culture Day outings this week
18:15 cait               nice :)
18:15 Charles_Quain      #info Huge thanks to our donors
18:15 Charles_Quain      #info all speaking slots and workshops filled
18:14 Charles_Quain      #info 187 delegates signed up
18:14 Charles_Quain      All going well
18:14 cait               Charles_Quain?
18:14 cait               #topic KohaCon19
18:14 cait               moving on!
18:13 cait               hope that makes sense
18:13 cait               #info Help needed to add more info to the release notes using the notes field in bugzilla for release notes
18:13 cait               #link https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-release-notes/blob/master/release_notes_18_12_00.md pre-release notes for 19.05
18:12 cait               sec
18:12 cait               ah
18:12 cait               moving on?
18:12 cait               i hope things are on track ;)
18:11 cait               #info We have reached feature freeze and are approaching feature slush on 10 May
18:10 wahanui            it has been said that kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
18:10 cait               kidclamp?
18:10 cait               RM?
18:10 wahanui            Rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
18:10 cait               Rmaints?
18:10 cait               #topic Updates on releases
18:10 cait               moving on!
18:10 georgew            Thanks lisettelatah
18:10 cait               :)
18:10 lisettelatah       #link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUyOAowsiGoOwAI_jj_YIiMRbIlbZgvSkSDuoDMjzFVkb51Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
18:09 georgew            And I'm trying to post the link but I can't find it AAAA
18:09 caroline_catlady   argh you out-info'd me ;)
18:09 cait               thx!
18:09 cait               #info koha-US is accepting proposals for its conference in September
18:09 georgew            koha-US is accepting proposals for our conference in September
18:08 cait               anyone? :)
18:08 cait               #topic Announcements
18:08 cait               ok, moving on in a second
18:07 cait               khall: lukeG ?
18:07 cait               ping people that are lurking :)
18:07 tcohen             #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
18:06 cait               i will give it alittle more time
18:06 davidnind          #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
18:05 Joubu              #info Jonathan Druart
18:05 kidclamp           #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
18:05 cait               #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_May_2019 Today's agenda
18:05 lisettelatah       #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, Moscow, Idaho
18:05 georgew            #info George Williams - Northeast Kansas Library System
18:05 thd                #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:05 cait               #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
18:05 caroline_catlady   #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
18:05 Charles_Quain      #info Charles Quain Interleaf Technology
18:05 huginn`            Current chairs: cait caroline_catlady kidclamp
18:05 cait               #chair kidclamp
18:05 huginn`            Current chairs: cait caroline_catlady
18:05 cait               #chair caroline_catlady
18:04 cait               please introduce yourself using #info
18:04 cait               #topic Introductions
18:04 huginn`            The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_may_2019'
18:04 huginn`            Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
18:04 huginn`            Meeting started Wed May  8 18:04:47 2019 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:04 cait               #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 May 2019
18:04 cait               let's start :)
18:04 cait               ok
18:04 cait               same
18:03 caroline_catlady   ah it appeared
18:03 wahanui            gmcharlt is usually lurking much earlier.. hense ashimema's pointing him out
18:03 cait               gmcharlt?
18:03 cait               bad bad timing
18:03 caroline_catlady   not working for me
18:02 cait               hm, does the wiki work for everyone?
18:02 cait               give me a sec, just pulling up the agenda
18:02 cait               thx :)
18:02 caroline_catlady   I can co-chair
18:02 kidclamp           have to get kid in a bit
18:02 cait               i can do it, but can i get some helpers?
18:01 kidclamp           hereish but can't chair
18:01 * kidclamp         waves
18:01 cait               kidclamp: ?
18:01 * cait             catches breath
18:00 davidnind          cait: your timing is excellent!
17:59 cait               back
17:56 philor             tcohen: yeah, I did, before I realized I had editbugs and could mark it myself :)
17:55 tcohen             philor: you can actually add your explanation of why you think is a duplicate, for later reference
17:50 philor             thanks, will do
17:50 tcohen             philor: I'd say duplicate
17:40 cait               it's raining... eek.
17:39 cait               i have to run - but i will try to be on time for th emeeting, maybe 5 mins late
17:38 caroline_catlady   maybe ashimema would know
17:36 caroline_catlady   good question
17:32 philor             what's the right resolution for a bug that was fixed in passing by another bug, duplicate or worksforme?
17:26 caroline_catlady   XD
17:26 oleonard           https://media.giphy.com/media/fKfFwRQTR8QHm/giphy.gif
17:24 * oleonard         prints that on a t-shirt
17:23 caroline_catlady   unfortunately, no inspo in salads...
17:23 caroline_catlady   back!
17:04 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #263: STILL UNSTABLE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_U18/263/
16:53 cait               oh right
16:48 caroline_catlady   meeting is in a hour right?
16:48 caroline_catlady   I'll go have lunch... maybe I will find inspiration in my salad...
16:47 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #274: STILL UNSTABLE in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_D8/274/
16:46 caroline_catlady   At least it's only this much in the test database... in the live db, they only have around 1000
16:46 oleonard           Too bad talljoy isn't arround, seems like something she'd know
16:45 caroline_catlady   Yeah I thought about deleting them right out of the table, but I'm afraid to forget something
16:44 caroline_catlady   I still want to keep a trace in deleteditems and old_issues just in case they need statistics
16:44 oleonard           Delete the corresponding entries from the issues table maybe?
16:43 caroline_catlady   or force deletion?
16:43 caroline_catlady   is there a way to batch return?
16:43 caroline_catlady   oh my god... There are more than 6000 loans on one card (in their old system, this client had a card for weeded items, probably because there was no such thing as a weeded status) and Koha won't delete them because they are loaned
16:42 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #75: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/75/
16:40 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #266: STILL UNSTABLE in 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.05_D9/266/
16:22 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #79: STILL UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/79/
16:19 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #81: STILL UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/81/
16:17 caroline_catlady   wizzyrea++
16:15 wizzyrea           it's a good sign when they leave after you help
16:03 wizzyrea           not required obv I can build one up but if you have one handy that'd be nice
16:02 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , SIP Payment Types should be moved out of accountype
16:02 wizzyrea           for bug 22610 did you have some sip emulator commands you were using to test?
16:01 wizzyrea           ashimema, about?
15:59 wizzyrea           np at all
15:59 Scott_             I appreciate your help
15:59 Scott_             will do!
15:59 wizzyrea           let us know if you get stuck again
15:57 wahanui            o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:57 wizzyrea           confetti
15:57 wizzyrea           :D
15:57 Scott_             Who could've ever guessed /s
15:57 Scott_             I added the port and guess what it fixed my problem.
15:56 wizzyrea           that may be the next problem hehe yeah exactly
15:56 cait               just a thought o rmight be the next problem to run into
15:56 cait               i had the login screen come up in between (plack/memcached restart)
15:56 wizzyrea           it seems to be working when he flips the ports around
15:56 wizzyrea           than a "blank"
15:56 wizzyrea           and it's more of a "not connected"
15:55 wizzyrea           it *could* be but they're getting the login screen
15:55 cait               they are not automatically added
15:55 cait               could that be related to your problem?
15:55 cait               wizzyrea: i had a blank screen instead of the installer - missing rewrite rules for js/css (18.05 change i think)
15:54 Scott_             8081 isn't in ports.conf so I'll add it there
15:54 wizzyrea           great :D
15:54 Scott_             Yeah you're making sense
15:54 wizzyrea           person
15:54 wizzyrea           i hope I'm making sense you seem like a fellow who mostly knows what you're doing
15:54 wizzyrea           in /etc/apache2/ports.conf
15:54 wizzyrea           it could be that you just don't have 8081 enabled
15:53 wizzyrea           you'd want to use the ports
15:53 wizzyrea           if you *had* to use IP
15:53 wizzyrea           rmuohp.myDNSname.org
15:52 wizzyrea           and for the opac
15:52 wizzyrea           so when you go to the intranet, you'd use the  rmuohp-intra.rm.edu name
15:51 Scott_             Okay, I can try that.
15:51 wizzyrea           koha uses named vhosts
15:51 wizzyrea           you can use 80 for both
15:51 wizzyrea           you just need to sort out your ports and your names and it all should work
15:50 wizzyrea           yep so yeah
15:50 Scott_             using the ip and port 80 takes me to the login screen
15:49 Scott_             I flipped the ports of the OPAC and Staff and it took me to the login screen
15:49 wizzyrea           (you'll need to update the name for the opac as well, that's the top vhost)
15:48 wizzyrea           or updating the dns
15:48 wizzyrea           either by adding it to your local /etc/hosts
15:48 wizzyrea           and use the name
15:48 wizzyrea           so i'd change the 8081 to 80 and restart apache
15:48 Scott_             But if I use port 8081 I just get site can't be reached
15:48 wizzyrea           right ok
15:47 Scott_             I can get the ip to work on port 80 and that takes me to the system maintenace screen
15:47 wizzyrea           I mean, that is assuming that you've got that name pointed to the IP of this box
15:46 wizzyrea           does it work if you get rid of the 8081, and replace it with 80 (and restart apache)
15:46 wizzyrea           and if you go to rmuohp-intra.rm.edu that doesn't work?
15:45 Scott_             http://paste.koha-community.org/2664?tx=on&submit=Format+it%21
15:44 wizzyrea           hm you got the link?
15:44 Scott_             I believe I shared that
15:36 wizzyrea           that'll help :)
15:35 Scott_             I'll paste it
15:35 Scott_             It was rmuohp-intra.mydnsname.org and I had changed it to the correct domain name reflecting in koha-sites.config
15:35 wizzyrea           we have a paste bin, paste.koha-community.org if you want to paste what's in your apache config
15:34 wizzyrea           and then you can use the name
15:34 wizzyrea           to your /etc/hosts on the machine
15:34 wizzyrea           127.0.0.1    kohadev.myDNSname.org kohadev-intra.myDNSname.org
15:34 wizzyrea           add
15:34 wizzyrea           you can do things like
15:34 wizzyrea           in apache, not koha-sites
15:33 wizzyrea           what do you have in there for your named host?  rmuohp-intra.myDNSname.org ?
15:32 wizzyrea           hmm
15:30 huginn`            Scott_: I've exhausted my database of quotes
15:30 Scott_             @wizzyrea, I believe I had changed it correctly, but I can't browse to it still. I would think I should be able to browse to it using localhost:8081 on the machine.
15:27 wizzyrea           i accept that as an answer
15:27 wizzyrea           maybe it's dumb to worry about
15:27 wizzyrea           or it's not centered or idk
15:27 oleonard           I think that's just because of the width of the header
15:26 wizzyrea           on accounting
15:26 wizzyrea           it's wider than it needs to be
15:26 wizzyrea           next to pay
15:26 wizzyrea           in the actions column
15:26 oleonard           Where's the gap?
15:25 wizzyrea           oleonard, sorry I think I was looking at the wrong thing, though there is still a weird gap in the table when permissions for writeoff arent there
15:23 wizzyrea           koha-sites really only manages what happens when a new instance is created
15:23 wizzyrea           and restart apache
15:23 wizzyrea           right if you change the name for the host, you hve to change it in apache
15:21 Scott_             I have changed it in koha-sites.config but it doesn't reflect the change in apache sites, do I have to manually update it there instead of restarting apache?
15:20 Scott_             When I try to go to the named host, the computer can't find it. which may be a problem with the hosts/dns settings? The server name is rmuohp-intra.myDNSname.org
15:19 wizzyrea           or the ip/port combination that will be indicated there
15:19 wizzyrea           do you get the upgrade screen?
15:19 wizzyrea           if you go to the named host specified there
15:19 Scott_             I see that.
15:18 wizzyrea           the 2nd is the staff interface
15:18 wizzyrea           you should see 2 virtualhosts
15:18 wizzyrea           so in your /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/$koha-instance.conf
15:17 wizzyrea           Scott_, ^
15:17 wizzyrea           also that is a heroic effort
15:17 wizzyrea           this is a great place to ask that
15:17 wizzyrea           oh, welcome to our party
15:15 Scott_             I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask questions or if there is somewhere better. But, I was thrown into upgrading and partly managing our Koha instance which included upgrading Debian 6 to 9 and upgrading Koha from 3.18 to 18.11. After the upgrade I only have access to the OPAC screen and it's the system maintenance screen. I'm not sure how to get the staff page up, everything in the /koha-sites.conf looks correct AFAIK.
15:12 wizzyrea           only for pats
15:12 wizzyrea           no no youre not supposed to eat them
15:12 oleonard           Yeah thems are good eatin'
15:11 wizzyrea           i wish I had a porg for you
15:11 wizzyrea           the function looks good
15:10 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22724 major, P5 - low, ---, hayleymapley, Needs Signoff , Staff without writeoff permissions have access to 'Write off selected' button on Pay Fines tab
15:10 wizzyrea           hailey's done a patch for bug 22724 to remove the writeoff button if the permissions aren't there, but it leaves a weird gap in the table. if you want a probably simple thing, a follow up to make it purty might be nice?
15:10 oleonard           A porg?
15:10 oleonard           Like a real-life Pokemon or something?
15:09 wizzyrea           oleonard, you want a silly little thing?
15:04 wizzyrea           it uses SIP
15:04 wizzyrea           Catalyst IT in NZ have done an implementation to tie drupal and Koha together
15:03 wizzyrea           somewhere out there is a plugin that uses SIP to connect to it
15:03 wizzyrea           vero, if you're thinking like drupal
15:03 wizzyrea           https://twitter.com/2nickels/status/1125846655574605825 THIS IS A THING and I am very excited and amazed and amused by it
14:59 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #78: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D8/78/
14:58 vero               Unify with your own software developed in php that does authentication by token
14:57 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #74: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_U18/74/
14:53 oleonard           vero: This sounds like a complicated question. What other software are you wanting to integrate with?
14:53 vero               help please, some way to unify the Koha login with other software thanks
14:44 koha-jenkins       Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #80: UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_18.11_D9/80/
14:43 wizzyrea           100% yes that's what happened i reckon
14:31 oleonard           ashimema: It looks like that buzz turned into a snore at the end
14:27 ashimema           Bzzzzzx
14:18 oleonard           True. The worst for me is when the will is there but any kind of focus eludes me.
14:17 wizzyrea           oleonard, some days that is really hard
14:17 oleonard           ashimema++ # Release maintaining
14:15 * oleonard         is trying to be a busy bee
14:10 wizzyrea           how we doin
14:00 oleonard           Hi wizzyrea
13:59 wahanui            privet, wizzyrea
13:59 wizzyrea           hi
13:50 ashimema           biblibre I think
13:50 wahanui            biblibre is 17.11
13:50 tcohen             caroline_catlady: biblibre
13:50 caroline_catlady   I'm trying to reject a spam email, but I always get a security message
13:50 caroline_catlady   who takes care of lists.koha-community.org? I'm having trouble with the ssl I think?
13:48 tcohen             morning
13:43 ashimema           and dev on 15th
13:42 ashimema           documentation tomorrow
13:42 ashimema           yup
13:39 caroline_catlady   what is the meeting today? general?
13:39 ashimema           I was sure I added it
13:39 ashimema           grr.. why is todays meeting not on the calendar
13:38 ashimema           :(
13:37 caroline_catlady   yeah... I feel like I failed for 19.05, I was too busy with new migrations
13:36 vfernandes         it's possible to checkout a book directly from the reserves without entering on patron page when a reserve is confirmed?
13:36 ashimema           caroline_catlady: I'm not seeing you in any roles for 19.11 ?
13:35 vfernandes         hi #koha
13:18 wahanui            hi oleopard
13:18 magnuse            hi oleonard
13:12 oleonard           :D
13:11 * caroline_catlady giggles
13:11 wahanui            hi oleopard
13:11 caroline_catlady   hi oleonard
13:11 caroline_catlady   oh I forgot
13:11 caroline_catlady   hello!
13:11 oleonard           Hi caroline_catlady
13:02 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Simplify the process of selecting database columns for system preferences
13:02 oleonard           Ugh, why are all the prefs covered by Bug 22844 pipe-delimited but  UniqueItemFields is space-delimited??
12:54 Archie^            magnuse:  i wonder if it is possible to make these changes by developing some sort of plugin?
12:49 magnuse            Archie^: there are settings to hide based on all sorts of atributes of the items, but i don't think there is a way to hide records without items
12:18 Archie^            magnuse:  what about books that have no items? Right now i have multiple books presented in search that have no Items, any way to hide it?
12:06 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=22563 enhancement, P4, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Convert lost handling to use 'status' instead of multiple accounttypes
12:06 ashimema           another good reason for someone to SO and QA bug 22563
12:05 ashimema           think I prefer it but it makes the bug depend on the new status stuff
12:05 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19919 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Writing off a Lost Item Fee marks as "Paid for by patron"
12:05 ashimema           I've done an alternative for bug 19919 now
12:05 ashimema           okies
12:04 cait               maybe better to ask wizzyrea or khall
12:04 cait               we havemostly special libraries and academics and are not evenusing the longoverdue cronjob right now
12:03 cait               i don't think we have used it
12:00 ashimema           I wondered if you could varfiy that paidfor is only displayed by moredetails.pl cait
11:59 cait               around now for a bit, phone call soon
11:48 magnuse            Archie^: there is a syspref called SeparateHoldings, but that will only split items into two tabs. i don't think it's possible to hide completely records that are not connected to the user's library
11:30 oleonard           Hi all
11:27 Archie^            Hey, is there a way to restrict search so it shows only homebranch items in intra / opac?
10:47 ashimema           I note we have LOST auth values in the optional sql loads.. of which one is 'Lost and Paid for'.. should we not automatically be setting that (it if exists I suppose as it's optional) when the item is paid for?
10:45 ashimema           also.. the lost status of the item
10:44 ashimema           or have I missed some occurence somewhere
10:44 ashimema           I can only see that it's ever display on the moredetails page.. is that right?
10:44 ashimema           anyone here us the paidfor field?
10:24 * ashimema         goes for :tea:
10:23 ashimema           cait around?
10:23 ashimema           that does feel a little odd
10:02 paxed              hm. so, uh, misc/cronjobs/update_totalissues.pl also updates the record 005 field. this is very much counterintuitive and feels wrong
09:48 Archie^            is there a way to restrict search so it searches only in homebranch of patron?
08:56 magnuse            \o/
08:55 Oak                magnuse
08:48 magnuse            Oak
08:47 * Oak              waves
08:44 * rangi            wanders off for a bit
08:42 * ashimema         goes to meeting
08:42 ashimema           I love the idea
08:41 magnuse            that would be super nice
08:40 rangi              but i've never got round to doing anything about it
08:40 rangi              so ppl can go try new features
08:39 rangi              has been to have a page that just lists all the new sysprefs, since last upgrade
08:39 rangi              my plan for ages
08:38 rangi              but for librarians to see what changed
08:38 rangi              like we do with the history
08:37 rangi              also if it was in the repo, then about.pl could pull from there too
08:37 ashimema           me too
08:37 rangi              it would be easier than looking at a pile of release notes :)
08:36 rangi              i just find chronologically easier to read, when i want to see what changed when
08:35 ashimema           indeed
08:35 rangi              just like the do for the release notes now
08:35 rangi              the hook can fetch details from bugzilla tho
08:34 rangi              yep
08:34 ashimema           embelishing commits once pushed would obviously be crazy bad too with the whole history re-writing pain
08:34 ashimema           I find our commit messages vary widely.. I kind of like the way we use bugzilla for the release notes details.. it's easier to go back and fix those in BZ than it is to embelish commits
08:33 rangi              if we wanted we could a hook, and it would update the changelog for us ;)
08:32 ashimema           interesting, ta
08:31 rangi              if you check out a pre 2003 koha, you'll see it :)
08:31 rangi              misc/info/Changelog
08:31 ashimema           indeed you can
08:30 rangi              you can generate them from git pretty easily
08:30 ashimema           I like changlogs
08:28 rangi              but theres the entry when paidfor was added, and why, and how it worked :)
08:28 rangi              git log wasnt a thing then of course :)
08:27 ashimema           jumping major version is easy to get confused by our notes as they contain overlapping bugs between maint release notes
08:27 rangi              yeah it was a bit more like a git log, for humans
08:26 pastebot           "rangi" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "paidfor" (8 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/2663
08:26 ashimema           though I think our release notes are rather hard to comprehend if you're trying to work through them
08:26 ashimema           I suppose in way that's the idea of the release notes isn't it?
08:25 rangi              did you know, back in the day we used to maintain a Changelog
08:15 * ashimema         really wouldn't want to break people existing uses
08:14 ashimema           ta, that's helpful to know :)
08:13 rangi              its just to display
08:11 ashimema           no hurry to answer
08:11 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19919 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , Writing off a Lost Item Fee marks as "Paid for by patron"
08:11 ashimema           bug 19919 that's in relation to rangi ^
08:11 ashimema           do you know how Horowhenua use the paidfor stuff.. do they report on it (i.e do they need it literally within the items table) or it just simply for display in certain places (in which case I could drop the field but keep the display by grabbing the details from accountlines) ?
08:10 ashimema           and no worries
08:10 ashimema           good evening :)
08:09 ashimema           oh, your online :)
08:09 * cait             waves
08:08 rangi              thanks ashimema
08:03 huginn`            ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:03 ashimema           @later tell rangi I've also struggled to catch the other rmaints.. I've grabbed the tags from the security repo though and pushed them up to main for them
06:49 paxed              in this case, 264ababc is shown in koha as 264aabbc
06:48 paxed              ashimema: cataloguers always want the data to be shown exactly as they've entered it.
06:46 ashimema           I wasn't suggesting removing the feature, rather refining it to work with modern practices
06:46 huginn`            Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19919 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , Writing off a Lost Item Fee marks as "Paid for by patron"
06:46 * ashimema         needs more input on bug 19919
06:45 * ashimema         can't work out whether that was sarcasm or not paxed
06:24 magnuse            \o/
05:25 paxed              instead of showing in the order the subfields are in the record.
05:24 paxed              oh, our cataloguers just love it when the xslt decides in which order subfields are shown