Time  Nick            Message
01:03 dcook           I wonder if folk run the web installer for kohadevbox...
01:03 dcook           Got a timeout the first time and now it's a bit borked
01:03 wizzyrea        ah
01:03 wizzyrea        yeah that happens sometimes
01:03 wizzyrea        do it with less sample data.
01:03 dcook           "reset_all" time I think
01:04 wizzyrea        I think it's the frameworks that do it?
01:04 wizzyrea        I leave them off now when I do the installer in devbox
01:04 dcook           Mmm I could see that. People must usually just use the defaults
01:04 wizzyrea        and import them manually later
01:04 wizzyrea        if required
01:04 dcook           Makes sense
01:04 dcook           For most things a person probably doesn't need them
01:04 wizzyrea        well not for testing/dev really
01:05 wizzyrea        it's only in the devbox it's quite strange
01:05 wizzyrea        like I said it normally doesn't worry me too much I just don't do that thing that makes it die :P
01:05 dcook           heh
01:05 dcook           We could probably just increase the timeout but yeah it's one of those things that's like "ehhhh"
01:05 * dcook         is debating lunch atm
01:06 wizzyrea        yeah, I didn't see the point lol :)
01:06 dcook           I have things here to eat but wouldn't mind other things. But my muscles are sore and I don't want to go anywhere. heh
01:06 * dcook         needs the massage that the doctor recommended back in March
01:08 dcook           Also, how've you been keeping, wizzyrea?
01:09 dcook           Feel like we haven't chatted for a really long time
01:09 wizzyrea        neither here nor there really, how about you?
01:10 dcook           Yeah pretty good. Not too many complaints.
01:10 dcook           Most of the complaints are probably self-inflicted anyway :p
01:11 wizzyrea        how's the kiddo?
01:11 dcook           Huge. And stubborn. But overall good heh.
01:11 wizzyrea        ^.^
01:12 dcook           I figure all the things that make life hard for the parents now will be assets to the kiddo later in life.
01:12 wizzyrea        if you can manage to not be too controlling, that's probably true.
01:12 dcook           Well except the cafe addiction
01:12 dcook           Yeah, I try not to be too controlling, although sometimes it feels like a fine line between controlling and overly permissive
01:13 dcook           It's really neat seeing their mind develop though. Like what seems like an irrational tantrum to an adult is completely rational to a kid.
01:13 dcook           And today it was clearly being pissed off that I wouldn't go to the cafe
01:13 wizzyrea        hehe, that's why kids relate to the Hulk
01:13 dcook           lol
01:14 dcook           My kid is a huge spiderman fan
01:14 dcook           Always spraying webs at people
01:14 dcook           We don't even do any spiderman stuff at home. It's all from other kids.
01:14 dcook           Although I'm all "That's right kiddo. Like Marvel."
01:14 wizzyrea        :)
01:14 dcook           It's not controlling if they like it of their own accord >_>
01:15 dcook           How's spud doing?
01:15 dcook           Must be so much older than I'm thinking as he started school ages ago...
01:15 wizzyrea        he's 10!
01:15 dcook           Christ...
01:15 wizzyrea        ^.^
01:15 dcook           Where have the last 7 years gone? hah
01:15 wizzyrea        yeah he's well enough
01:16 dcook           That's good :)
01:17 dcook           Don't mind me. Just letting my worldview re-align.
01:17 dcook           10..
01:18 * dcook         remembers when he was just going to move to Australia for 6 months..
01:21 wizzyrea        >.>
01:24 dcook           Ok reproduced the bug in kohadevbox. Woo!
01:25 * dcook         wants to do more of his community contributions via kohadevbox
01:25 dcook           Now to fix the bug... when I have a million other things that I should be doing <_<
01:25 wizzyrea        it makes it easy for sure
01:26 dcook           I think I was just trying to do the fastest/easiest thing for me before, but I figure if I do it all with kohadevbox, it makes it easier for other people to reproduce, test, and sign off...
01:27 wizzyrea        mmm devbox is hands down easier than any other way these days
01:34 * mtompset      is awake sort of. :)
01:34 mtompset        Greetings, wizzyrea dcook
01:34 wizzyrea        hi mtompset
01:35 mtompset        I actually thought of you guys recently while looking at bugs, but can't remember context. Oh well. :)
01:38 * dcook         waves
01:38 dcook           I actually have a fix I wrote for something else that shoudl work here...
01:40 dcook           Excellent. Bug fixed.
01:40 dcook           Not sure if everyone will agree with the solution but...
01:40 dcook           Maybe we can all find a better one
01:48 mtompset        which bug?
01:50 mtompset        @later tell CrispyBran blame caching. You need to restart_all between git bz's.
01:50 huginn          mtompset: The operation succeeded.
01:50 dcook           https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21556
01:50 huginn          Bug 21556: minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Deleting same record twice leads to fatal software error
01:50 dcook           Still working on getting a patch up
01:50 * dcook         is new to kohadevbox
01:50 dcook           Uh oh I've screwed up my line endings...
01:51 mtompset        are you git bashing from windoze?
01:52 dcook           Yeah the git clone was set up using the git bash from windows. I've dealt with this before. Silly me.
01:59 mtompset        When you set up git bash in windoze... always remember to change the checkout as is and checkin as is.
01:59 mtompset        The default is the wrong one. :(
01:59 dcook           I know ;)
01:59 mtompset        CrispyBran had that problem today.
01:59 dcook           Well wrong for working with Koha at least
01:59 dcook           For other projects, it's not necessarily an issue
01:59 dcook           Well and only with Koha in terms of sharing with Linux on the same system
01:59 dcook           Anyway
02:00 dcook           So you could actually leave the default for git bash for windows
02:00 dcook           Then just locally change it for your Koha repo
02:00 * dcook         thumbs up
02:00 mtompset        true.
02:02 dcook           Wee! Done!
02:03 dcook           wizzyrea: You're right. The environment is configured soooo nicely.
02:09 dcook           Hmm looks like the git was actually already configured correctly. Hmmm. Maybe it wasn't in the past...
02:33 dcook           Actually, I don't think I do "Checkout as-is, commit as-is" (false). I do "Checkout as-is, commit Unix-style line endings" (input) for Koha. And by default Git for Windows does "Checkout Windows-style, commit Unix-style line endings" (true).
02:33 dcook           I think in this case, the koha git repo must have been an old one created with the "true" config setting
02:34 dcook           It should be safer to use "input" rather than "false" in the event you work on both windows and linux for the same working directory
03:05 mtompset        I'm crashing hard. Have a great day, #koha dcook wizzyrea
05:01 dcook           @seen gmcharlt
05:01 huginn          dcook: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 2 days, 8 hours, 35 minutes, and 11 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> cait: awww. yeah, my colleagues mentioned that to me; just tied up keeping fires burning at home, as it were
05:36 marcelr         hi #koha
05:36 calire          morning #koha
05:36 marcelr         hi calire
05:36 calire          hey marcelr
06:01 Archie_         good morning marcelr
06:01 * cait          waves
06:01 Archie_         ha cait
06:07 ere             morning #koha
06:08 cait            ere: would you interested in a job as elasticsearch qa expert? :)
06:10 ere             cait: Depends on what it really means (wiping the floor is fine, but I'm afraid of heights) :)
06:10 cait            https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_19.05
06:10 cait            a sign-off can count towards QA
06:10 cait            aah you are already module maint
06:10 cait            or will be
06:10 ere             cait: Well, yeah :)
06:11 cait            i think we can treat that similarly :)
06:11 ere             cait: Just let me know what you need and we'll see what happens.. :D
06:11 cait            :)
06:11 cait            was just looking for ways to improve flow of those patches...
06:12 cait            atm my elasticsearch is broken again :(
06:12 cait            so focusing on the other areas a bit right now in qa
06:13 ere             cait: I'd love that, but I think I'm somehow involved in all of the ones I'm waiting for atm so that it's better if someone else does the qa..
06:13 cait            makes sense
06:13 cait            might change :)
06:14 ere             cait: true
06:14 cait            do you know if someone is testing at the moment?
06:14 ere             cait: unfortunately I've no idea
06:14 ere             cait: so, what's wrong with your ES?
06:15 ere             cait: maybe I can help you help me!
06:15 cait            i have to run to work :( will have to look at it antoher time
06:16 ere             cait: sure, just let me know if there's something I can help with
06:18 cait            thx!
06:26 cait            bbl!
06:37 reiveune        hello
06:37 wahanui         niihau, reiveune
06:41 marcelr         hi reiveune  and ere
06:41 reiveune        salut marcelr
06:54 alex_a          bonjour
06:55 fridolin        hit here
06:55 * paxed         prefers not to
06:56 ere             hi marcelr and everyone
06:56 calire          hi ere
06:56 ere             hi calire
06:56 marcelr         and hi alex_a fridolin
06:58 fridolin        hi everyone everywhere ;)
07:00 alex_a          hello, marcelr ere cait and fridolin
07:01 ere             hi alex_a
07:09 ashimema        morning #koha
07:09 cait            morning #koha
07:23 marcelr         hi ashimema
07:26 josef_moravec   morning #koha
07:26 ashimema        did you get my pm this morning cait ?
07:28 cait            ah nope not yet?
07:29 * andreashm     waves
07:30 * drojf         waves
07:30 * dcook         waves
07:30 dcook           Clearly time for me to head home :p
07:30 andreashm       dcook: =)
07:30 cait            and good morning all :)
07:31 andreashm       hi drojf and cait
07:32 andreashm       dcook: find any of that spare time (whatever that is?) to work on bug 10662? =)
07:32 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Failed QA , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
07:32 dcook           Not yet. I've been absolutely flat out. I'm hoping next week.
07:33 dcook           I've got my kohadevbox running and submitted my first patch with that
07:33 dcook           https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21556
07:33 huginn          Bug 21556: minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Deleting same record twice leads to fatal software error
07:33 andreashm       cool!
07:33 dcook           Thinking I'll try chipping away at 10662 next week either in the mornings or evenings
07:33 josef_moravec   dcook++
07:33 * dcook         blushes
07:34 andreashm       dcook++
07:34 dcook           And thanks to josef_moravec, I think I have an idea of how to run the QA scripts
07:34 dcook           So hopefully I should get a bit further along
07:34 andreashm       josef_moravec++
07:34 dcook           josef_moravec++
07:34 dcook           Definitely ^
07:34 andreashm       dcook: what time is it there? honestly, I'm surprised to see you still here as I started working a bit late, since I was out walking the dog
07:34 dcook           Looking at the bug again, it's not as scary as I thought it was heh
07:34 dcook           6:34pm
07:35 dcook           On a Friday :p
07:35 andreashm       ehhh.
07:35 dcook           Time to head home for a beer and dinner I think
07:35 andreashm       eeeh, I planned to write.
07:35 andreashm       Go get beer! =)
07:35 dcook           Both see applicable heh
07:35 dcook           I have a few tasty ones sitting in my fridge. Waiting. Calling my name.
07:36 drojf           hallucinating because of lack of beer?
07:36 dcook           Probably
07:36 wahanui         Probably is too hard.
07:36 dcook           Should have beer just to be safe
07:36 drojf           yep. good medicine
07:37 andreashm       +1
07:38 andreashm       beer would be nice. just not quite so early in the morning... =)
07:39 drojf           a nice get back to bed beer
07:40 andreashm       hehe
07:41 josef_moravec   beer++ :D
07:41 dcook           or two
07:41 dcook           I did end up doing a bit of programming last night heh
07:41 drojf           bug 21536
07:41 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21536 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , t/Koha_ExternalContent_RecordedBooks.t skips more tests than scheduled
07:41 drojf           nightly builds would be happy about a signoff ;)
07:41 * josef_moravec have 2 in fridge too, but there is still morning and much work ahead ;(
07:41 dcook           Set up one of these https://tronixlabs.com.au/arduino/boards/wireless/wemos-lolin-d1-mini-arduino-compatible-esp8266-wifi-australia/ with a motion detector to hit a IFTTT webhook when it sees motion
07:42 dcook           josef_moravec: I'll start and you finish ;)
07:42 dcook           All right. I'm off. Enjoy your Friday, all!
07:42 drojf           dcook: cool, i started playing with esp8266 recently
07:42 josef_moravec   dcook: enjoy your rest ;)
07:47 tuxayo          ashimema++
07:47 tuxayo          Great recuiting email on the koha-devel list :)
07:49 josef_moravec   ashimema++
07:49 andreashm       ashimema++
07:49 cait            ashimema++ ;)
07:50 drojf           @later tell tcohen i put a pre version of libwebservice-ils-perl in the unstable repo (upload to debian pending), nightly will pick it up as soon as 21536 or 17084 is pushed. you might need to stop cpan-ing it in devbox in case you do
07:50 huginn          drojf: The operation succeeded.
08:10 * ashimema      tries to temp someone into attempting to test bug 20640
08:10 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20640 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Allow migrating a request between backends
08:20 ashimema        hehe.. get ready for the influx of new volunteers .. haha
08:30 ere             speaking of which, it would be great to have a bit more in the wiki about what's expected from them.. When I tried to find out about module maintainers, there were mostly questions
08:31 ashimema        it's not the most defined of roles.. didn't take off a great deal
08:32 ashimema        so.. you can sort of make what you want of it to a certain extent ere.. just keep close contact with the rm of the time and see how much responsibility they're happy to divolve :)
08:33 cait            josef_moravec: you put something new in the queue... now you have to qa something for balance ;)
08:33 ashimema        haha
08:33 ere             ashimema: yeah, figured that out, but I'm thinking of others that may be interested in participant, where it would be nice to know about the basic expectations before raising a hand
08:34 ere             s/participant/participating/
08:34 ashimema        :)
08:34 josef_moravec   cait: I'll try ;)
08:34 ashimema        I'll see what I can do :)
08:35 cait            ere: to say it in a positive way.... it's a role that can still shapeß
08:35 cait            ?
08:35 ere             ashimema: really, if waht you just said would be in the wiki, that'd be a good start :) And then maybe start cleaning up the pages where there are only questions about what these roles might be :D
08:36 ere             cait: Yes, also that the roles are not set in stone is a good thing to know :)
09:05 ashimema        https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles
09:05 * ashimema      is working on it ;)
09:07 cait            today is the day of email problems :(
09:10 ashimema        cait.. fancy adding a short summary of your role to that page ^ ?
09:11 ere             ashimema++
09:12 ashimema        the info is largely out there.. just not especially well summarised
09:12 ashimema        we need wiki curators ;)
09:13 cait            i got a proposal that shoud cover it i think
09:13 cait            sorry, right now bit tied up
09:13 ashimema        okies
09:15 ere             ashimema: maybe wiki curation could be promoted as a way to volunteer :)
09:15 ashimema        it's in the email ;)
09:19 ere             ashimema: oh, right :)
09:32 marcelr         @later tell mtompset signoffs signoffs
09:32 huginn          marcelr: The operation succeeded.
09:40 ashimema        what do you want to make of your module maintainer role ere?  do you have a proposal of what you'd like to do?
09:41 * ashimema      wonders if qa specialist might suit better or not
09:41 marcelr         module maintainer are never really used
09:41 ashimema        indeed
09:41 marcelr         we should not mention them anymore
09:41 marcelr         just my thought
09:41 ashimema        or has kidclamp got you onboard and have a plan for you ere perhaps ;)?
09:42 ashimema        I sort of think they'd be bette servered as a QA Topic Expert.. try to coax some more people into QA but letting them officially limit themselves to an area they feel confident in..
09:45 marcelr         yeah having module maintainer and qa topic experts is overkill
09:45 marcelr         maybe we should name them topic experts and strip the qa word btw
09:45 marcelr         there is qa and there is topic expert
09:46 marcelr         certainly no experts in qa team :)
09:46 ashimema        hehe
09:46 ashimema        good idea
09:47 ere             ashimema: Well, yeah, I thought I might actually do something useful as a module maintainer..
09:47 marcelr         having good ideas tends to make todo lists even longer
09:47 marcelr         ere: no
09:47 marcelr         ^^
09:48 ashimema        hehe
09:48 marcelr         join qa, become release maintainer, bug wrangler, ..
09:48 ashimema        I'd like to know what you'd like to contribute ere.. once we know that we can work no a name for the role and make sure we can utilise those skills and that keeness to get on board and help :)
09:49 ere             marcelr: I suppose kidclamp may have an idea since he asked me.. I don't consider myself a really good qa person, rather a developer with some some areas where I've gathered quite a bit of knowledge.
09:49 marcelr         you would be a topic expert
09:49 * ashimema      was a module maintainer for a while.. i treated it as a topic expert and just tried to make sure I jumped on bugs in my expert area quickly if I saw them.. making sure I SO'd or QA'd them quickly or contributed in any other way I could
09:50 marcelr         and you could be contacted by qa
09:50 ashimema        but in reality.. it didn't really help much.. just generally QAing was of far more benefit
09:50 marcelr         im all for topic experts
09:50 ashimema        that's perfect for topic expert I reckon ere
09:50 cait            i think for elastic we need someone to keep an overview
09:50 cait            of dependencies etc
09:50 cait            what will clash
09:51 ere             I don't really care what the title is, but I'm willing to contribute in stuff I know.
09:51 ashimema        for instance.. I'm not entirely confident about QAing ES patches yet.. but if I had someone to reach out to to bash idea's against then I'd be more happy about diving in.
09:51 marcelr         ere++
09:51 ashimema        does that make sense
09:51 ashimema        ere++
09:51 cait            ere++ :)
09:53 marcelr         later tell @Joubu lots of qa tools warns like File not found : js/global.js at .../Plugin/Asset.pm
09:53 marcelr         @later tell Joubu lots of qa tools warns like File not found : js/global.js at .../Plugin/Asset.pm
09:53 huginn          marcelr: The operation succeeded.
09:54 marcelr         ashimema: care to have a look on bug 21299 ?
09:54 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21299 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Signed Off , Move referer code from changelanguage to module in opac and staff
09:55 ashimema        sure thing
09:55 marcelr         got no more feedback from the qa gurus
10:01 cait            i can't test with https, that's what kept me away so far
10:02 marcelr         you should use https
10:02 marcelr         as you know
10:02 marcelr         :)
10:02 marcelr         letsencrypt
10:02 wahanui         letsencrypt is a link to certbot
10:05 cait            marcelr++ thx for qa
10:10 marcelr         it was a big one..
11:07 Archie^         right, so has anyone here tried to load their own OpenLibrary?
11:11 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec++ thanks for the QA
11:11 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: i haven't finished yet ;)
11:12 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  I thought I'd got through lightly, I'll await your final verdict ;-)
11:38 cait            ashimema++ thank you
11:38 ashimema        :)
11:40 oleonard        Hey
11:45 calire          hi oleonard
11:45 wahanui         hi oleopard
11:58 ashimema        @later tell caroline I got asked to clarify the community release team roles a bit on the wiki.. I've run out of steam at the documentation team.. did you guys fancy adding a bit of a summary on what you do to https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles
11:58 huginn          ashimema: The operation succeeded.
12:17 oleonard        So much qa!
12:17 oleonard        cait++
12:17 cait            oleonard: and finding bugs :(
12:17 oleonard        calire++
12:17 cait            we just got a report htat we don't sort checkout date correctly in list of checkouts
12:17 oleonard        rangi++
12:20 * ashimema      is going to start slipping back down the board at this rate.. lovely to see people climbing up it.. go QA
12:21 ashimema        the NSO queue is a tad high though :(
12:21 cait            it was worse... but it could be much better
12:24 ashimema        indeed
12:25 * ashimema      has a hankering to make some pretty graphs on the Dashboard :S
12:26 oleonard        cait: Are there any particular circumstances which trigger the date sorting problem?
12:28 fridolin        Bug 21560
12:28 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21560 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , report ODS export optimization
12:29 fridolin        if someone uses reports ODS export, it may explode the server performance
12:29 oleonard        Sorry cait your comment just came through
12:29 cait            oleonard: so far i confirmed it only in 16.11 and 17.11 but couldn't find a bug or patch that matches
12:30 cait            couldn't test in master right n ow
12:30 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec++ thanks for the QA (assuming you're now finished) :-)
12:37 ashimema        blimey..
12:38 * ashimema      cheers AndrewIsh on to get those QA followups done and offers josef_moravec a beer
12:41 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  You suggestion here https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20581#c56 to use auth_val_cat.sql instead of an atomic update - will that get deployed during an upgrade? (Sorry for the n00b question!)
12:41 huginn          Bug 20581: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Failed QA , Allow manual selection of custom ILL request statuses
12:41 ashimema        you'll need both I would think AndrewIsh
12:42 ashimema        one for at install time, the other for at upgrade time
12:44 AndrewIsh       ashimema:  Yes, I already have it in kohastructure.sql, but josef is suggesting putting the upgrade modifcation in auth_val_cat.sql instead of my own file which, now I read it again, makes sense! :)
13:03 tcohen          morning
13:03 cait            morning tcohen
13:03 tcohen          now kidclamp is away, lets push all the things LOL
13:04 caroline        good morning!
13:04 tcohen          josef_moravec: are you going to submit to bug 21401 the API change?
13:04 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21401 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, ASSIGNED , Account offsets should save the transacting library
13:06 tcohen          hola AndrewIsh and ashimema
13:06 AndrewIsh       Good morning tcohen
13:07 ashimema        mornin'
13:07 corilynn        qq josef_moravec? (but first a thank you!)
13:07 Archie^         a question: let's say i have access to national library db that store the latest records with all national books. i can do a daily export of any changes in said datbase. but as far as i understand i can only import into koha via manage stored MARC records? Or can i do a just a plain insert into koha DB ?
13:08 Archie^         ofc after some sort of data manipulation so it fits koha db
13:09 corilynn        Archie^ you can import bibliographic records with the cataloging interface
13:09 corilynn        wait, or do you mean bulk?
13:09 Archie^         bulk
13:09 corilynn        *(I've got cataloging interface on the brain)
13:10 Archie^         sure i can import large excel file or whatever, but i wanna automate this procedure to do a daily dump
13:11 Archie^         to only upload the changes in national library
13:11 corilynn        I wonder if the api would help?
13:14 Archie^         yeah i was thinking the same
13:15 Archie^         but here is the thing tho. i get that i can add patron via insert into db. Can same be done with books?
13:17 caroline        Archie^: I don't know the details, but we've developed somthing for the local ebbok platform (like overdrive but in Quebec) and I know the code uses "AddBiblio"
13:18 Archie^         i'm actually looking into ebook platform right now
13:18 caroline        (I know mainly because my colleague was cursing about addbiblio this week, hehe)
13:18 Archie^         i'm looking into openlibrary
13:18 Archie^         ;D
13:20 caroline        I'll ask if I can share the .pl file with you so you can look at what it does. I'm not sure because it's a paid development by our clients
13:21 Archie^         then i won't get my hopes up
13:21 Archie^         but thanks anyway
13:23 Archie^         wait... if i'm installing koha via packages where is the default directory it installes itself into?
13:24 blou            imo, the stuff is perfectly sharable.  Except it's not a cute standalone code, couldn't really extract it.
13:24 Joubu           @later tell marcelr how did you get those warnings?
13:24 huginn          Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:24 caroline        (blou = cursing colleague mentioned above)  :P
13:25 tcohen          hola Joubu!
13:28 blou            Archie: what format will you get those records into?  We're getting some JSON, which we read using perl's decode_json into a hash, then create a MARC record using perl's MARC::Record library, filling the fields we can find.  It's very custom.
13:28 Joubu           hola tcohen, #koha!
13:29 corilynn        hi Joubu!
13:29 Archie^         blou: not sure, we are not getting them in any way, shape of form YET. I will have access next week so we are in the plans of "how to migrate this to koha etc etc"
13:29 Archie^         hi Joubu ;)
13:29 ashimema        hi coroline
13:30 caroline        Hi ashimema! :) I got your message about the wiki page
13:30 caroline        will look at it this afternoon
13:30 ashimema        no rush
13:30 ashimema        :)
13:31 caroline        With the nice email you sent, it might be good to have more details where we could point volunteers to
13:32 ashimema        ;)
13:32 caroline        So I'll try to do it earlier than later
13:32 ashimema        that;'s what drove it..
13:32 oleonard        It was a very nice email ashimema
13:32 ashimema        felt a little bit 'salesy' to me.. but I got cait to vet it to make sure it wasn't toooo over the top ;)
13:33 caroline        I thought it was great
13:33 ashimema        I expect you to put your name down as a topic expert for ui design now though oleonard.. haha ;)
13:34 ashimema        I was in a 'sales pitch' wordy mood this morning when I wrote it.. it started out as 'votes are open, come put your names down'.. but grew a bit
13:40 cait            oleonard: i hope you will too :)
13:40 caroline        oleonard++
13:41 cait            ashimema: procrastinating something? ;)
13:45 ashimema        lol
13:45 ashimema        perhaps..
13:45 ashimema        I was putting off working on an ill backend ;)
13:45 * oleonard      added his name
13:49 ashimema        yeay :)
13:59 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: yes finish, no I didn't ment to remove ILLSTATUS category form atomic, I ment to remove the new installer file optional/ill_status.sql and add it only the category itself to a mandatory file auth_values_cat.sql
14:00 josef_moravec   tcohen: Yes, I would like to add the API changes to bug 21401
14:00 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21401 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, ASSIGNED , Account offsets should save the transacting library
14:00 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  Yes, sorry mixed terminology on my part. I think this addresses it: https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=80474&action=diff
14:00 josef_moravec   sorry guys  I am late with my responses
14:01 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  Still working through your feedback, super useful, thanks very much :)
14:02 corilynn        josef_moravec I added a new comment on bug 19263 (what AndrewIsh says ++ useful and great)
14:02 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19263 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, carnold, ASSIGNED , Advanced Editor - Rancor - Add auto control number (001) widget
14:02 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: not at all, thanks for your followups ;) Your enhancements to ILL module are pretty useful!
14:03 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  :-D
14:03 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: yes, that is exactly what i was thinking about (your patch ;))
14:03 ashimema        and there's plenty more in the pipe too :)
14:03 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  Excellent
14:03 wahanui         darn tootin' it is.
14:04 josef_moravec   ashimema: glad to hear ;)
14:04 corilynn        wahanui is a one trick pony
14:05 oleonard        wahanui what are you?
14:05 wahanui         i am probably back??!!!
14:05 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: you should remove optional/ill_auth_cat.txt too
14:06 cait            oleonard: look up waha and nui separately - he is a big mouth :)
14:06 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  I did, I *think* the orange line in that diff represents that
14:06 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  Oh, sorry .txt! There's a .txt?! Oh man...
14:07 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: :D
14:07 * ashimema      gets to his first QA of the day at last :)
14:08 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: yes, you added it here https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=80279&action=diff ;)
14:08 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  Duh, so I did, I'll fix! I'm glad one of us is paying attention ;-)
14:10 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: ;)
14:17 josef_moravec   corilynn: thanks for quick follow-up
14:17 josef_moravec   corilynn++
14:17 corilynn        :)
14:18 corilynn        josef_maravec ... it's my first real bug
14:19 josef_moravec   corilynn: great!
14:19 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec:  I *think* I've addressed everything on bug 20581 now, thanks again for that!
14:19 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20581 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Allow manual selection of custom ILL request statuses
14:28 josef_moravec   AndrewIsh: I am looking into it ;)
14:29 AndrewIsh       josef_moravec++
14:31 * CrispyBran    waves
14:34 tcohen          hi
14:34 wahanui         salut, tcohen
14:34 CrispyBran      hellop tcohen
14:35 mtompset        Greetings, #koha.
14:35 CrispyBran      hellop is so much better than hello, don't you think?  :/
14:35 mtompset        marcelr++ # thank you, thank you.
14:36 mtompset        elho?
14:36 oleonard        cait: I added a followup to Bug 21434 but left it 'signed off.' I hope that's okay.
14:36 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21434 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Switch two-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Tools part 2
14:36 mtompset        no no ehlo. :)
14:36 CrispyBran      heleo
14:37 mtompset        Daylight comes and I want sleep now. ;)
14:37 CrispyBran      holle
14:39 mtompset        Must get back into the sign off groove...
14:40 mtompset        cait is too close. :)
14:40 * ashimema      is getting sleepy.. it's not even late afternoon yet!
14:41 * mtompset      hands ashimema a monster ultra sunrise, "Lovely orangey taste."
14:41 ashimema        hehe :)
14:41 ashimema        blimey.. you just got me checking out the dashboard stats.. 119 signoffs this year to date.. you're a machine!
14:42 ashimema        I was happy to be in the top 10
14:43 Joubu           kidclamp: push session planned?
14:44 caroline        Joubu: he said he was only coming back next week
14:45 Joubu           ok thanks
14:45 * Joubu         wonders how the PQA queue is processed :D
14:46 Joubu           looks like a Last Big In First Out
14:48 ashimema        I think tcohen was talking about pushing a few for kidclamp to keep the queue management in his absence
14:48 cait            mtompset: i am not even trying hard :P
14:49 cait            oleonard: of course :)
14:49 tcohen          Joubu: stock rotation was a big one, that's correct
14:49 cait            oleonard: i saw something odd on the form for adding items to label batches
14:49 cait            the checkboxes are disarranged - but it was before/after your patches on this one, i forgot to note it
14:50 cait            Joubu: stock rotation on admin permissions i guess?
14:50 cait            i will try to rebase over the weekend...
14:50 * cait          glares a little at ashimema
14:50 cait            ;)
14:51 cait            or maybe it was Joubus new perm...
14:51 ashimema        :'(
14:51 cait            ohno...
14:51 * cait          sends cookies
14:51 cait            i can't stand the sad smiley
14:52 Joubu           cait: I guess it was the new stock rotation perms, yes
14:53 caroline        How are MANUAL_INV accounttypes stored in accountlines? Does it just take the first 6 letters?
14:54 ashimema        hehe
14:57 ashimema        Joubu.. you still planning on QAing bug 15219 ?
14:57 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15219 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Server-side processing and pagination on checkouts tables
14:59 Joubu           I will try and get back to it, sure. The question is when..
14:59 ashimema        okies..
15:00 ashimema        I'll work through a few others first and come back to it if you've not got there yet :)
15:00 reiveune        bye
15:10 cait            oleonard: could you help me with a follow-up for bug 20689?
15:10 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20689 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Make it possible to add capital letter subfields to item search fields
15:11 cait            i tried to add a html5 regex thing... but I couldn't get it to work :(
15:11 cait            maybe we have something existing i don't think about?
15:13 cait            pattern check
15:15 oleonard        What do we need? only digits or only letters?
15:15 tuxayo          cait: hi, does the browser inspector shows any callbacks on the <input> ?
15:16 ashimema        yup
15:17 ashimema        only digits and letters.. so we're trying to exclude 'fun' characters like ~ and the euro sign
15:17 oleonard        And those are the MOST fun two characters.
15:21 ashimema        hehe
15:23 oleonard        cait: What regex were you testing?
15:26 cait            it#s been a while :(
15:26 cait            like... dozens?
15:26 oleonard        Okay :)
15:27 cait            i am about to leave but be back in half an hour with the right devbox
15:27 cait            will you still be around?
15:27 oleonard        Yup. I think the browser's built-in validation is superseded by the validation plugin
15:27 cait            tht could explain
15:27 cait            i checked a lot of different websites for how to do it and it really upset me i couldn't make it work :)
15:28 cait            ok, hurrying up and going home - bbiab
15:32 mtompset        ashimema, I had over 100 after 4 months.
15:32 mtompset        I took a break, because other projects needed attention.
15:32 ashimema        know that feeling
15:58 cait            back, almost
16:09 cait            back back :)
16:09 cait            hi caroline :)
16:11 oleonard        cait: It is the case that the validation plugin is overriding the browser's validation. That's why your HTML5 pattern didn't work.
16:11 mtompset        Greetings, caroline
16:11 cait            oleonard: i am kind of relieved :)
16:11 cait            some other docs i could look at?
16:11 cait            what is our current validation plugin?
16:11 oleonard        We could either remove the JS validation in favor of the built-in, or I could add some custom JS validation
16:12 mtompset        Your name constantly triggered a musical flashback. There was a girl I knew growing up, and all the guys in our church group would bug her by singing the chorus of a Neil Diamond classic.
16:12 mtompset        ^ caroline
16:12 oleonard        (built-in = browser's)
16:12 mtompset        https://youtu.be/1vhFnTjia_I?t=64
16:13 oleonard        The advantage to using the jQuery validation plugin is the consistent interface clues
16:13 mtompset        -- and possible backward compatibility, right, oleonard?
16:13 oleonard        https://caniuse.com/#feat=form-validation
16:14 oleonard        IE9 would be the only folks left behind.
16:14 oleonard        I imagine they're used to it :P
16:15 cait            i am bit lost what i better but leaving behind IE sounds good :)
16:15 oleonard        cait: Limiting field and subfield entries to \d | \w sounds right to you?
16:16 cait            i haven't looked up \w yet
16:16 oleonard        or [0-9a-zA-Z]+]
16:16 cait            that was what i had tried to implement
16:16 cait            the latter
16:17 cait            i think theoretically marc allows a bit more, but we know it creates problems
16:17 cait            our main problem was the upper case letters missing for the subfields
16:17 cait            but the long pull downs also seemed not very ergonomic
16:17 oleonard        And a MARC tag like '9tX' would be okay?
16:18 cait            let me check docs
16:18 cait            but i thik we have one infamous one in standard frameworks with an e
16:19 corilynn        gah... I need help with the patchy spaghetti that is bug 18823
16:19 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18823 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, carnold, ASSIGNED , Advanced editor - Rancor - add ability to edit records in import batches
16:19 mtompset        It would seem that main support for windows 7, 8, 8.1 were all prior to February this year.
16:19 mtompset        I suppose IE9 support loss isn't a huge thing, given this.
16:21 cait            data element identifier.   A one-character code used to identify individual data elements within a variable field.  The data element may be any ASCII lowercase alphabetic, numeric, or graphic symbol except blank
16:22 oleonard        Graphic symbol? 🐅 ?
16:22 cait            ...
16:22 cait            ascii
16:22 cait            but was my first thought too heh
16:23 cait            i think they say \; would be valid
16:23 cait            tag.   A three character string used to identify or label an associated variable field.  The tag may consist of ASCII numeric characters (decimal integers 0-9) and/or ASCII alphabetic characters (uppercase or lowercase, but not both).
16:23 cait            http://www.loc.gov/marc/specifications/specrecstruc.html
16:23 cait            source :)
16:24 cait            so us using uppercase is against standard (but it works and is used) and we don't really care about doing the graphics thing do we?
16:25 cait            i feel like we should go with  [0-9a-zA-Z]+]
16:26 oleonard        Okay I have a patch ready for that cait
16:26 cait            wow
16:26 cait            oleonard++
16:26 cait            want to put it as a follow-up and i sign it?
16:27 oleonard        Sure
16:29 cait            and thx for your help, really appreciated
16:31 oleonard        Of course!
16:31 oleonard        patch sent
16:33 cait            oleonard++ testing now :)
16:36 corilynn        anyone know how to get these conflicts to stop happening with patches? something I can read?
16:37 cait            so standard is deactivated by removing the validated class?
16:38 oleonard        Adding the validated class allows the form to trigger the validation plugin by adding classes like "required."
16:39 oleonard        I wanted it to use custom rules, so I switched the class for an id
16:39 cait            interesting, thx!
16:40 oleonard        FYI: https://jqueryvalidation.org
16:43 cait            signed off, back in the queue :)
16:44 cait            oleonard++
16:44 cait            corilynn: which conflicts specifically?
16:45 corilynn        my branch works, but when I create a new branch to test it out, or push to a sandbox there are conflicts
16:45 cait            if you work a lot in the same area sometimes it works best to build things on top of each other and mark them as depends/blocks in bugzilla
16:45 corilynn        cait, there's already a depends/blocks
16:45 cait            is your branch built on top of the latest master?
16:46 corilynn        yes
16:46 cait            what kind of conflicts?
16:46 corilynn        the patches themselves conflict
16:46 corilynn        three different developers
16:47 corilynn        I don't know how to make it all happy
16:48 mtompset        corilynn, the best kind... :(
16:48 tuxayo          corilynn: ouch, good luck :(
16:48 corilynn        so, no good guides?
16:49 corilynn        I'm stuck muddling through... I mean... not that that's new to me...
16:50 mtompset        oh yuck... it's an ugly bug.
16:51 corilynn        mtompset / tuxayo ... should I just grab all these changes and make one big pretty patch and obs all the rest?
16:51 corilynn        I have a branch that works
16:51 mtompset        muddling through is the only way to ensure you don't lose changes.
16:52 corilynn        okay then, game on
16:52 mtompset        I always do a old patches to new patches compare after I push up a rebased version.
16:52 mtompset        Just to make sure nothing is lost.
16:53 cait            if you are working on old bugs
16:53 cait            please also be careful about keeping authorship
16:53 cait            changes should be added in follow-up patches etc
16:54 corilynn_       what just happened?
16:54 cait            we  don't squash when it#s different authors for example
16:54 cait            no idea, you didn't leave in my client.. just reappeared
16:54 corilynn_       I'm two people
16:55 corilynn_       anyway, i missed everything after "mtompset> Just to make sure nothing is lost."
16:56 corilynn_       cait, are you saying I shouldn't roll it all up into one patch?
16:59 mtompset        corilynn_, not if there are multiple authors.
17:00 corilynn_       mtompset, it's really just two, the third was already obliterated by Nick a long while ago
17:01 corilynn_       mtompset, maybe I can at least get it down to a couple
17:03 cait            (18:53:25) cait: if you are working on old bugs
17:03 cait            (18:53:31) cait: please also be careful about keeping authorship
17:03 cait            (18:53:41) cait: changes should be added in follow-up patches etc
17:03 cait            what you had missed
17:03 cait            or irc?
17:03 wahanui         i guess irc is not the most active at the time of the week ;) (I don't know where you are, but where caroline_ is it's friday afternoon so a lot of ppl are gone for the weekend)
17:03 cait            hm
17:03 cait            logs?
17:03 cait            well there is irc.koha-community.org for logs
17:07 corilynn_       cait, the only problem with follow up patches is the original patches don't "apply" they fail when pushed to sandboxes
17:08 corilynn_       they were already conflicted
17:08 corilynn_       I'll do my best... many have told me that git is delorian equiped, so I can't mess it up THAT bad
17:09 corilynn_       what if I keep the first patch (which is big and stomps all over a bunch of files), and roll up the rest?
17:12 cait            you can rebase, just not add new code
17:12 corilynn_       cait, deal
17:12 cait            same author/sign offer can be squashed
17:12 cait            but we do it rarely
17:12 corilynn_       wait, maybe I don't get it
17:13 cait            i noticed you working on a lot of the rancor patches
17:13 cait            are you taking them over officially?
17:13 corilynn_       just one other
17:13 corilynn_       Yes, I asked Nick before he left
17:13 corilynn_       I work for the company that hired bywater to make the Rancor changes
17:14 corilynn_       DGI
17:14 cait            aah I see :)
17:14 cait            that explains
17:14 cait            ok, usually you ask the original author if possible
17:14 corilynn_       I did, promise!
17:14 cait            yep, was just wondering :)
17:14 cait            all good
17:15 corilynn_       I did a bunch of testing and said, "wow, it's so close to working, it just needs someone to champion it"
17:15 cait            :)
17:15 corilynn_       anyway, I'll keep patch 79240 and try and roll the rest
17:16 corilynn_       so that it will apply cleanly and I can do some sandbox testing
17:28 corilynn_       ok, so i figured out, even the first patch has a conflict
17:30 corilynn_       this is all going to have to wait til next week, cause I just ran out of time... have a good weekend ya'll
17:35 caroline        hey all! Sorry, I was on stupid VPN that doesn't allow me to be on my own network, then I went to lunch
17:35 caroline        must go back on VPN to extract data for migration, laterz!
17:36 * cait          sends caroline cookies
17:48 * caroline      sends cait timbits
17:55 cait            oooh that looks good on google
18:08 tcohen          Joubu: around?
18:09 Joubu           yes
18:10 pastebot        "tcohen" at pasted "kohadev-koha@kohadevbox:/home/" (21 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/117
18:10 tcohen          why that much output and the paste?
18:10 tcohen          I haven't tried the selenium tests in a while
18:11 tcohen          the paste thing is awesome!
18:11 tcohen          not sure if it was ok or not
18:11 tcohen          or how to control it
18:11 tcohen          can you guide me?
18:11 Joubu           context?
18:11 Joubu           the opac basket count?
18:11 tcohen          I want to push bug 21479
18:11 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21479 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Removing from cart removes 2 items
18:12 Joubu           search for FIXME in the patch
18:12 Joubu           ;)
18:12 Joubu           wahanui: was it me?
18:12 wahanui         i don't know, joubu
18:12 Joubu           let's try
18:12 Joubu           search for FIXME in the patch
18:12 Joubu           outch :)
18:12 Joubu           FIXME!
18:13 Joubu           search for FIXME
18:13 Joubu           lol
18:14 CrispyBran      if I want to amend something to my last commit, do I make the change and use git commit --amend
18:14 Joubu           git add, the commit --amend, yes
18:14 Joubu           then*
18:14 tcohen          if it is already commited, you commit it, then squash the commits
18:15 tcohen          Joubu: why do you eval?
18:15 Joubu           to not explode
18:16 Joubu           tcohen: take a look at t::lib::Selenium->new
18:16 Joubu           the short answer is: it's bad and wrong, you should not push as it
18:22 Joubu           for FIXME
18:22 Joubu           FIXME
18:23 Joubu           bla search for FIXME bla
18:23 Joubu           bla search for FIXME
18:23 Joubu           search for FIXME bla
18:23 Joubu           search for fixme
18:23 Joubu           oops
18:23 Joubu           come back wahanui!
18:24 tcohen          search for FIXME
18:24 tcohen          ?
18:36 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 21553: Remove JS error on the Rota view <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=3c210589f8e72bcd2241e348226e8d608061e1f3>
18:36 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 21536: t/Koha_ExternalContent_RecordedBooks.t skips more tests than scheduled <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=ef769ea33276313a47d5b343edc748f538927671>
18:42 cait            tcohen: you can use --amend if commited
18:42 cait            stop killing wahanui
18:43 tcohen          cait: but that's for the commit message/author only, right?
18:45 Joubu           search for TODO
18:45 Joubu           search for tcohen
18:46 cait            tcohen: no :)
18:46 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 21479: Remove the trace if the node does not exist <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=be4f22f5a0745ef64c6bf20b89bd9f4fcbe40403>
18:46 cait            you git add and then it will include those changes too
18:46 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 21479: Add regression tests <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=45fbd36e1f2e1aa622eec1ba588424cc50243fb3>
18:46 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 21479: Fix remove from cart links at the OPAC (should remove only 1) <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=2cd49034c43a16c7497f05e94c18396532fceddc>
18:47 oleonard        wahanui: Did you find tcohen?
18:47 wahanui         oleonard: i haven't a clue
18:47 oleonard        Maybe search longer next time
18:47 Joubu           search longer for tcohen
18:47 cait            oleonard: i tihnk bug 21566 is a known bug, we ran into it, was about to comment
18:47 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21566 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Lists function not displaying lists when trying to add a book to a list
18:47 cait            fixed in 17.11.10
18:47 oleonard        It sounded familiar
18:48 cait            hm no .11
18:48 cait            it's when you have no private list or something like that
18:48 tcohen          ?
18:49 tcohen          I want to push any cool thing oleonard did
18:49 cait            codemirror heh
18:49 cait            bug 21297
18:49 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21297 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, "More lists" screen missing "Select an Existing list" fieldset when all lists are public
18:49 tcohen          bug 20260
18:49 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Use CodeMirror for the SQL reports editor
18:52 oleonard        I don't know how you can choose tcohen, they're all hits
18:55 cait            oleonard: i only recognized it because i spent hours figuring out that error report :)
18:56 cait            one of hte libraries had reported it
18:57 tcohen          oleonard: regarding 20260, can you
18:58 tcohen          kidding, just pushed it
18:58 huginn          News from kohagit: Bug 20260: Use CodeMirror for the SQL reports editor <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=56ab53702013f36c7f174e1a219b7b450098412a>
19:07 tcohen          have a great weekend, #koha
19:08 oleonard        Same!
19:12 cait            have a great weekend tcohen and oleonard
19:30 CrispyBran_     @seen tcohen
19:30 huginn          CrispyBran_: tcohen was last seen in #koha 23 minutes and 10 seconds ago: <tcohen> have a great weekend, #koha
19:31 CrispyBran_     @seen Joubu
19:31 huginn          CrispyBran_: Joubu was last seen in #koha 43 minutes and 36 seconds ago: <Joubu> search longer for tcohen
19:31 CrispyBran_     @later tell Joubu Please take a look at bug 21503 and let me know if my test and fix look good.  I appreciate your help!
19:31 huginn          CrispyBran_: The operation succeeded.
19:32 CrispyBran_     @seen mtompset
19:32 huginn          CrispyBran_: mtompset was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 33 minutes, and 9 seconds ago: <mtompset> corilynn_, not if there are multiple authors.
19:56 CrispyBran      @later tell tcohen I think I have 21503 worked out.  Take a look when you can.
19:56 huginn          CrispyBran: The operation succeeded.
19:56 CrispyBran      bug 21503
19:56 huginn          Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=21503 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Update AuthorisedValues.pm to fall back to code if description doesn't exist
20:00 caroline        cait around?
20:00 cait            yes here
20:00 cait            knitting, but keeping an eye on irc :)
20:00 caroline        What were the titles of your presentation with rangi? I only remember "document all the things"
20:00 cait            not in the manual? you can change that
20:01 cait            This sphinx is not talking in riddles
20:01 cait            I think
20:02 caroline        ah yes! I had forgotten the sphinx :)
20:02 caroline        I thought they were all very clever
20:26 caroline        trying to complete the docs team section on https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles
20:27 caroline        So far I have "Pick a new feature, enhancement or just a missing section in the manual, try it and write how to do it"
20:27 caroline        I can't think of anything else...
20:27 cait            fix typos and spelling
20:27 cait            um.
20:28 cait            update screenshots?
20:28 cait            maybe a link to the editing the manual page
20:28 caroline        Should I put that in here if we have the automation thing
20:28 caroline        ?
20:29 caroline        I'll put it anyway and remove it when we have the automated screenshots thig working
20:30 davidnind       Maybe current process until we have it working - there will still be some screenshots I think that will need manual creation.
20:30 caroline        Hi davidnind!
20:30 cait            hi davidnind :)
20:30 caroline        I didn't know you were here :)
20:30 davidnind       Hi caroline + cait!
20:32 davidnind       I've been lurking - watching a live webinar/conference + trying to write notes, so having difficulty doing two or three things at once!
20:32 cait            work or fun? :)
20:34 davidnind       Work related, but of interest to me as well for technical writing https://2018-adobe-dita-world.meetus.adobeevents.com/
20:34 cait            ah :)
20:35 caroline        cool!
20:35 davidnind       DITA is an open structured authoring standard - write multiple self-contained topics (task, reference, concept), combine together to create information products...
20:39 davidnind       Still thinking about how/whether to introduce the idea to the documentation team --> solves some challenges, but creates others; probably a demo set of Koha content + how to do using free and open source tools
20:40 caroline        davidnind++
20:41 davidnind       would group typos, spell checking, etc under maintenance tasks
20:44 davidnind       really like the idea of having the roles page
20:51 caroline        What do you think? https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles#Documentation_team_member
20:51 davidnind       caroline++
20:53 cait            caroline++
20:54 davidnind       Great! We have some great starting points now - the editing the manual page, regular IRC meetings, cait and rangi's presentation at KohaCon18.
20:57 davidnind       caroline++ cait++ LeeJ++ rangi++
20:57 cait            davidnind++
20:57 davidnind       Hope to get an initial content development guide together over the next few weeks for comment (which I hope will help), bot probably more use medium to long-term.
20:58 davidnind       bot s/be but!
20:58 davidnind       Concentrating this weekend on trying to get a repository demoing automation of screenshots over the weekend... will see how I go!
20:59 cait            wow
20:59 davidnind       Now I've said it, I'll have to do i!
20:59 cait            heh
20:59 davidnind       i s/be it!
20:59 cait            i have to write my presentation for next week :(
20:59 cait            slides?
21:00 cait            he used to send me back to them ... someone made him forget i guess :)
21:03 davidnind       Have fun writing the slides, and good luck with the presentation!
21:04 cait            thx!
21:05 cait            and success for your projects too!
21:05 davidnind       thx as well!
21:20 caroline        @later tell LeeJ I tried to fill out the docs manager and docs team member section on this page https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Project_roles#Documentation_manager can you review to make sure I didn't write nonsense? (I'm not sure what your specific tasks are, but I wrote what I observed you do :) )
21:20 huginn          caroline: The operation succeeded.
21:55 caroline        @wunder Montreal, Canada
21:55 huginn          caroline: Montreal, Quebec :: Mostly Cloudy :: 50F/10C | Friday: Mainly cloudy. Lows overnight in the low 40s. Friday Night: Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Low 41F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
21:58 davidnind       @wunder Wellington, New Zealand
21:58 huginn          davidnind: Wellington, New Zealand :: Overcast :: 61F/16C | Saturday: Windy with rain showers early then partly cloudy for the afternoon. High 51F. Winds S at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 50%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph. Saturday Night: Clear skies. Low 43F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
22:02 davidnind       I think that is wrong - it's about 1/2 that (about 8C) + raining!
22:18 caroline        @karma caroline
22:18 huginn          caroline: Karma for "caroline" has been increased 62 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 62.
22:18 caroline        I didn't know you could decrease karma...
22:19 caroline        sounds harsh
22:22 davidnind       sounds ... unkind?
22:23 davidnind       occasionally karma is reset back to zero - not sure why that happens though...
22:27 caroline        @list
22:27 huginn          caroline: Admin, Alias, Bugzilla, Channel, Config, Dict, Dunno, Factoids, Filter, Games, Google, Herald, Internet, Karma, Lart, Later, MARC, Math, MeetBot, Misc, Network, News, Note, Owner, Plugin, Quote, ReleaseDay, Seen, Todo, URL, Unix, User, Utilities, and Weather
22:29 caroline        @factoids
22:29 huginn          caroline: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
22:30 caroline        @MARC 506
22:30 huginn          caroline: Information on the restrictions that govern access to or the limited distribution of the described materials. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,d,e,f,u,2,3,5,6,8]
22:30 caroline        cool!
22:30 caroline        @Todo
22:30 huginn          caroline: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
22:31 caroline        Have a good weekend all!
23:16 * CrispyBran    waves