Time  Nick           Message
06:35 reiveune       hello
06:35 wahanui        hey, reiveune
06:57 alex_a         bonjour
07:27 jenkins        Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #57: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_17.11_D8/57/
07:27 jenkins        * magnus: Bug 20546: Display shelving location on checkin
07:27 jenkins        * kyle: Bug 18821: TrackLastPatronActivity is a performance killer
07:27 jenkins        * kyle: Bug 18821: Convert to using cache with date checking
07:27 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20546 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, RESOLVED FIXED, Shelving location not displayed on checkin
07:27 jenkins        * m.de.rooy: Bug 18821: (QA follow-up) Last tweaks for performance
07:27 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18821 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , TrackLastPatronActivity is a performance killer
07:41 gaetan_B       hello
09:11 eythian        hi
09:11 ashimema       ho
11:43 oleonard       Hi all
11:54 ncbaratta      howdy oleonard :)
11:57 oleonard       Hi ncbaratta, I enjoyed seeing your conference tweets recently
11:58 ncbaratta      Thanks!! I haven't been going to as many conferences lately :) and when I do I always seem to be working the ChickTech booth
12:13 ashimema       ooh.. we moved master to testing against D9.. I thought we were going to test both
12:48 oleonard       Are we still having simultaneous dev and documentation meetings today?
12:53 Joubu          oleonard: we will do one after the other ;)
12:57 Joubu          oleonard: If CircSidebar is set and you hit /cgi-bin/koha/circ/returns.pl, you will get "ReferenceError: $ is not defined"
12:58 oleonard       I'm sorry.
12:58 Joubu          I have not idea how to fix it simply and cleanly, I am going to open a bug report ;)
13:01 tuxayo         kivilahtio around?
13:02 Joubu          bug 20931
13:02 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20931 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , JS error "ReferenceError: $ is not defined" when CircSidebar is turned on
13:12 kivilahtio     tuxayo: fortunately
13:17 ashimema       tcohen++
13:19 tcohen         morning
13:19 * ashimema     will be late to the meetings.. collides with school run.
13:39 Freddy_Enrique Good morning everyone
13:40 oleonard       Hi Freddy_Enrique
13:42 Freddy_Enrique One quick question... there in the US people like soccer? here are making me nuts for the world tournament
13:44 Freddy_Enrique the other question, a more serious one.. how is it possible for me to include a slider like the one shown here? : https://snag.gy/SRbJ8V.jpg
13:46 oleonard       Freddy_Enrique: Yes there are people in the US who like soccer, there just aren't as many as like American football, baseball, and basketball.
13:46 Freddy_Enrique do I need to change some config files or just do all the work in the opac-main user/css in the intranet?
13:46 Freddy_Enrique I see :)
13:46 oleonard       The slider is probably build on a JavaScript widget, maybe a jquery plugin. It's probably a combination of HTML (in OpacMainUserBlock), CSS (in OpacUserCSS) and JavaScript (in OpacUserJS)
13:47 Freddy_Enrique oh....
13:47 Freddy_Enrique Can you find some code like that to download or one should build it from scratch?
13:48 Freddy_Enrique uhm...I get it now. Java :(
13:49 oleonard       Not Java, JavaScript.
13:49 tuxayo         kivilahtio: can I take bug 12586 :)
13:49 tuxayo         Thanks a lot for having done most of the work on this!
13:49 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12586 normal, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Failed QA , Record matching rules - Required match checks doesn't work with MARCXML
13:49 tuxayo         I'll try to rebase, write an automated test, and help the bug to make it through the process.
13:49 Freddy_Enrique Sorry, my bad. Thanks Oleonard :)
13:50 kivilahtio     tuxayo: wow. Thank you so much for asking. Please help yourself!
13:50 * LeeJ         waves
13:50 kivilahtio     tuxayo: I think the latest version is available in our github
13:50 LeeJ           hi #koha
13:51 LeeJ           Joubu: around?
13:51 oleonard       Freddy_Enrique: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/3.3/javascript/#carousel
13:51 Joubu          LeeJ: yes
13:51 kivilahtio     tuxayo: https://github.com/KohaSuomi/Koha/blob/ks-rumble/C4/Matcher.pm
13:52 Freddy_Enrique time for a little playground :3
13:52 Freddy_Enrique oleonard++
13:52 kivilahtio     tuxayo: that is running in production and is prolly the most best version I know of that feature
13:55 oleonard       Freddy_Enrique: The carousel widget JS is already included in the OPAC, so no additional JS required
13:55 LeeJ           anyone who's here for the docs meeting..docs will begin its meeting immediately following the dev meeting :)
13:59 * kidclamp     waves
13:59 * LeeJ         waves to kidclamp
14:00 kidclamp       Are we running meetings at same time?
14:00 kidclamp       one emeting to cover docs and dev?
14:00 LeeJ           kidclamp: docs can start after dev
14:00 kidclamp       kk
14:00 LeeJ           :)
14:01 kidclamp       #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 13 June 2018
14:01 huginn`        Meeting started Wed Jun 13 14:01:23 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01 huginn`        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 huginn`        The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_june_2018'
14:01 kidclamp       #topic Introductions
14:01 wahanui        #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:01 kidclamp       #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:01 Joubu          #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 LeeJ           #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
14:02 oleonard       #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:02 josef_moravec  #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
14:03 kidclamp       #topic Announcements
14:03 kidclamp       Anybody
14:03 thd            #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 LeeJ           docs will be having a meeting immediately following this dev meeting :)
14:04 LeeJ           kidclamp: have there been any 18.11 pushes to master done yet? or still getting set up?
14:04 kidclamp       #topic Update from the Release manager (18.11)
14:04 Joubu          we should send a what's on in koha-devel email this month. If you want to contribute, it's there https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/What_s_on_in_koha-devel
14:05 kidclamp       still pushing bugs for one more week, then will begin with the queue next friday
14:05 kidclamp       #info RM is pushing bugs for one more week, will begin on enhancements next friday
14:05 LeeJ           kidclamp: okay thanks..so the docs meeting will be brief :)
14:05 kidclamp       thanks Joubu
14:06 kidclamp       LeeJ there is a note on the merging deleted tables for docs
14:06 kidclamp       bug 20271
14:06 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 major, P1 - high, ---, oha, Passed QA , Merge deleted* tables with their "alive" cousins
14:06 LeeJ           kidclamp: hm?
14:06 LeeJ           oh dear...alright
14:07 * lavamind     waves
14:07 LeeJ           kidclamp: thanks...I'll have to read it in-depth later
14:07 kidclamp       oleonard, is there a write up on the wiki for dev/testing process after SCSS patches are pushed?
14:08 kidclamp       if not, can there be?
14:08 oleonard       https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Working_with_staff_client_SCSS
14:08 oleonard       I can add a section specifically for testers
14:08 kidclamp       oleonard++
14:09 kidclamp       that's all I have for now, I am going to push all I can to leave time for testing
14:09 kidclamp       Mana, ES stuffs, other big things please QA sooner rather than later :-)
14:09 kidclamp       #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:10 kidclamp       RMaints?
14:10 wahanui        somebody said RMaints was kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
14:10 fridolin       #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:10 kidclamp       wahanui RMaints is ashimema (18.05), fridolin (17.11 and 17.05)
14:10 wahanui        ...but rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)...
14:10 kidclamp       wahanui RMaints is ashimema (18.05), fridolin (17.11 and 17.05)
14:10 wahanui        ...but rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)...
14:10 Joubu          no wahanui, RMaints is ashimema (18.05), fridolin (17.11 and 17.05)
14:10 wahanui        okay, Joubu.
14:11 kidclamp       thanks joubu
14:11 kidclamp       fridolin?
14:11 wahanui        i guess fridolin is that guy with the great hair
14:11 fridolin       evrything is ok for 17.11.07 release
14:11 fridolin       nothing special
14:12 ashimema       #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:12 kidclamp       it has been mentioned we may want to relase 18.05.01 early? ashimema?
14:13 lavamind       iirc Joubu mentioned 18.05 was unfit for prod
14:14 ashimema       I've been waiting for the bugfixes to slow down before making a decision on early release.. felt like there were still bits coming in at more than a tricle pace
14:15 ashimema       as I said.. I'm open to opinions on that but to date I've only had one person suggest a need to get it out sooner than 22nd
14:15 Joubu          there are still some that are not pushed to 18.05.x
14:15 ashimema       indeed
14:15 Joubu          bug 20918, bug 20899 , bug 20832 should be part of 18.05.01
14:15 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20918 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , left-side navigation broken on the checkout history page
14:15 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20899 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Patron name not showing on issuehistory.pl
14:15 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20832 critical, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, Passed QA , Opac user page crash when there is an overdue fine and not any rental charge for a patron
14:16 ashimema       We'll stick to 22nd as per the norm I think.. get as many solid fixes in as possible rather than setting a precident to release early with some fixes missing
14:16 kidclamp       #info 18.05.01 will stick to release on 22nd to get as many fixes as possible
14:16 kidclamp       soudns good to me
14:16 ashimema       20832 was one that particular caught my attention ;)
14:17 kidclamp       I will push bugs today or tomorrw
14:17 kidclamp       to give you time
14:17 * ashimema     goes on school run to presence will be intermitten for the next 30 mins
14:17 ashimema       :)
14:17 kidclamp       moving on
14:17 kidclamp       #topic Updates from the QA team
14:18 kidclamp       QA team?
14:18 wahanui        QA team is hunting all the bugs!
14:18 Joubu          qa_team?
14:18 wahanui        qa_team is probably alex_a jajm marcelr khall kidclamp tcohen josef_moravec
14:18 Joubu          and few more now
14:19 kidclamp       no wahanui qa_teamis jajm marcelr josef_moravec alex_a ashimema tcohen khall Joubu rangi
14:19 kidclamp       no wahanui qa_team is jajm marcelr josef_moravec alex_a ashimema tcohen khall Joubu rangi
14:19 wahanui        okay, kidclamp.
14:19 Joubu          I'd like QA on bug 19817 and bug 20287, they should be pushed early in the release cycle
14:19 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge local and online documentations
14:19 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20287 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move AddMember and ModMember to Koha::Patron
14:20 Joubu          bug 20271 is PQA, I think we should get another stamp on it
14:20 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 major, P1 - high, ---, oha, Passed QA , Merge deleted* tables with their "alive" cousins
14:20 kidclamp       #info bugs 19817 and 20287, please QA for early pushing to allow thorough testing
14:20 Joubu          and also know if someone is going to work on other tables (issues, reserves, etc.) for this release
14:21 kidclamp       Joubu, doesn't it touch them all?
14:21 kidclamp       oh, it changed
14:22 Joubu          ha, maybe it has changed since I took a look
14:22 kidclamp       no, it was all, then it wasn't again
14:22 kidclamp       yes, issues and reserves are the most problematic
14:22 Joubu          I have just looked at the update db entry this morning
14:22 Joubu          and it's scary
14:23 Joubu          INSERT IGNORE INTO items (
14:23 Joubu          +            SELECT *, timestamp AS deleted_on FROM deleteditems
14:23 Joubu          +            WHERE biblioitemnumber IN (SELECT biblioitemnumber FROM biblioitems)
14:23 Joubu          +            AND homebranch IN (SELECT homebranch FROM branches)
14:23 Joubu          +            AND holdingbranch IN (SELECT holdingbranch FROM branches)
14:23 Joubu          +            AND biblionumber IN (SELECT biblionumber FROM biblio)
14:23 Joubu          not sure how this will behave on very big DB, that needs to be checked/confirmed before pushed
14:24 kidclamp       will test against some dbs before pushing
14:24 kidclamp       #info bug 20271 could use a second (or third) pair of eyes as it is a big (but necessary) change
14:25 kidclamp       anything else Joubu?>
14:25 Joubu          nope
14:25 kidclamp       #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:25 Joubu          (well, it's no longer a necessary change ;))
14:25 kidclamp       #topic Accounts API: Vote the RFC
14:27 thd            I note the question about manager_id vs something more familiar.
14:28 kidclamp       #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Patrons_account_lines_endpoint_RFC Accountlines endpoint RFC
14:28 ashimema       The accounts RFC looks solid to me.
14:29 LeeJ           looks good to me as well
14:29 thd            Is the reason for manager_id to use accounting terms as distinct from Koha nomenclature?
14:29 kidclamp       thd: I think vote can proceed with note to consider the naming for tcohen
14:29 kidclamp       I am not sure why 'manager_id'
14:30 Joubu          kidclamp: heh, I was going to ask the same!
14:30 Joubu          to me it's confusing
14:30 ashimema       What term would you prefer?
14:30 thd            It may be the term which proper accountants expect.
14:31 Joubu          and cait asked the same on the wiki page
14:32 kidclamp       for the api he specifies 'user_id' which is more in line
14:32 kidclamp       so I think he took the comment into account
14:32 ashimema       Staff_id would suit me
14:32 ashimema       Grr, autocorrect
14:33 josef_moravec  both terms proposed by Katrin are OK for me...
14:33 ashimema       Hmm, user_id feels too generic to me
14:34 kidclamp       vote on user_id vs staff_id then vote on rfc with that change?
14:34 ashimema       There are two users in this call.. so having role there makes sense
14:34 thd            Yes, actually if it was for accountants then the api term would be manager so manager is still confusing.
14:34 kidclamp       user_id vs patron_id
14:35 khall          #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:36 kidclamp       going to call a vote for the manager id field
14:36 thd            I think we should wait for clarification from the author of the API.
14:37 kidclamp       tcohen said he is happy to go with what is wanted
14:37 thd            OK
14:38 thd            patron_id is a distinct and separate role.
14:38 kidclamp       #startvote Should manager_id in the accountlines endpoint be referred to as staff_id, user_id, or manager_id? staff_id, user_id, manager_id
14:38 huginn`        Begin voting on: Should manager_id in the accountlines endpoint be referred to as staff_id, user_id, or manager_id? Valid vote options are staff_id, user_id, manager_id.
14:38 huginn`        Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:38 kidclamp       #vote user_id
14:38 LeeJ           #vote user_id
14:39 khall          #vote user_id
14:39 Joubu          https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Acquisitions_funds_endpoint_RFC
14:39 thd            #vote staff_id
14:40 Joubu          #vote member_id
14:40 huginn`        Joubu: member_id is not a valid option. Valid options are staff_id, user_id, manager_id.
14:40 Joubu          :D
14:40 LeeJ           lol
14:40 ashimema       #vote staff_id
14:40 thd            #vote staff_id # for the DB
14:40 huginn`        thd: staff_id # for the DB is not a valid option. Valid options are staff_id, user_id, manager_id.
14:40 Joubu          #vote staff_id
14:40 thd            Is the vote about the DB or the API?
14:41 kidclamp       the api
14:41 kidclamp       i think we are tied, someone around to help us?
14:41 josef_moravec  #vote staff_id
14:41 kidclamp       josef_moravec++
14:41 kidclamp       last call
14:41 ashimema       We can't easily change the db can we?
14:41 Joubu          it's not so important, we just need to stay consistent with other endpoints
14:42 thd            The original question was about the DB column manager_id with API key user_id .
14:42 kidclamp       #endvote
14:42 huginn`        Voted on "Should manager_id in the accountlines endpoint be referred to as staff_id, user_id, or manager_id?" Results are
14:42 huginn`        staff_id (4): Joubu, ashimema, thd, josef_moravec
14:42 huginn`        user_id (3): kidclamp, LeeJ, khall
14:43 kidclamp       #info staff_id is preferred for API access to manager_id in the db
14:43 thd            My vote was intended to be for the DB column name.
14:43 kidclamp       did you want to change your vote thd?
14:44 thd            I am still not clear what the vote is for DB column or API key?
14:44 kidclamp       the API
14:44 Joubu          maybe we do not care?
14:44 thd            ... or both
14:44 Joubu          really, who *really* cares?
14:44 kidclamp       we do not planj to alter the db, is much messier
14:45 thd            Is the db column not new?
14:45 thd            maybe not.
14:45 kidclamp       no, this is just conversing on API endpoints for existing database tables
14:45 kidclamp       calling for vote on the RFC
14:46 thd            I will leave my vote
14:46 kidclamp       #startvote Should we accept the accountlines endpoint RFC with adjustment for manager_id -> staff_id? Yes, No, Abstain
14:46 huginn`        Begin voting on: Should we accept the accountlines endpoint RFC with adjustment for manager_id -> staff_id? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:46 huginn`        Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:46 kidclamp       #vote Yes
14:46 Joubu          let's say the RFC is flexible and will be adjusted depending on further needs/discussions?
14:47 kidclamp       #info  the RFC is flexible and will be adjusted depending on further needs/discussions
14:47 josef_moravec  #vote Yes
14:47 thd            Joubu++
14:47 josef_moravec  Joubu++
14:47 thd            #vote Yes
14:47 kidclamp       yes, just voting on enough consensus for work to proceed
14:48 LeeJ           #vote Yes
14:48 thd            I would have preferred to have a rationale from tcohen.
14:49 khall          #Yes
14:49 khall          #vote Yes
14:49 Joubu          #vote yes
14:49 kidclamp       last call
14:50 kidclamp       you can still discuss with him later thd
14:50 kidclamp       #endvote
14:50 huginn`        Voted on "Should we accept the accountlines endpoint RFC with adjustment for manager_id -> staff_id?" Results are
14:50 huginn`        Yes (6): Joubu, josef_moravec, khall, kidclamp, thd, LeeJ
14:50 kidclamp       #info Accountlines RFC endpoint is accepted
14:50 kidclamp       #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:51 kidclamp       #topic Add a new coding guideline about maintaining the cookie documentation, see: Use of Cookies
14:51 kidclamp       #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Use_of_Cookies Use of cookies
14:51 thd            I meant that I would have preferred a rationale from the author before voting but the suggestion has been that he did not have a strong rationale and as Joubu rightly stated we can revisit the issue if it has a consequence.
14:53 thd            s/has been/has been implied indirectly/
14:54 kidclamp       cookies seems to be gdpr consideration? anyone know who added or has opinion?
14:54 oleonard       Okay, so cookies...
14:55 LeeJ           kidclamp: should the cookies page be referenced somewhere in the manual considering the gravity of GDPR?
14:56 kidclamp       it can't hurt, or can refer to that page
14:57 kidclamp       I think asking devs to update docs for cookie expiration time sounds fair
14:57 kidclamp       just need someone to word it to vote
14:57 LeeJ           sounds good! I'll mark it down for the docs meeting to mention it/create a task
14:58 * Joubu        thinks Koha should have a page with developper's name and postal address to let librarians send them cookies
14:59 * LeeJ         agrees with Joubu's idea
14:59 eythian        that's what the cookie law was about eg
14:59 eythian        *eh
14:59 kidclamp       Joubu++
14:59 kidclamp       Joubu, you added the note, you want to propose a guideline to vote on? or next meeting?
14:59 kidclamp       (at 1 hr)
15:00 Joubu          did I??
15:00 josef_moravec  I think it was Katrin ;)
15:01 thd            Koha Coding Guidelines to be changed to incorporate cookies use and expiration as described in https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Use_of_Cookies with the Koha Manual to incorporate a reference to the same policy as an element in GDPR compliance, Yes or No?
15:01 kidclamp       ah, I misread
15:02 Joubu          why do we need to vote on that? Submit a patch and we are done
15:02 thd            Joubu++
15:02 kidclamp       the vote is on adding a guideline to ask devs to maintain that page
15:03 thd            we need an #info at least.
15:03 Joubu          ho right, so let's vote yes
15:04 LeeJ           I'm wondering if there should be a dedicated section in the manual titled something like "GDPR Compliance" if we're going to be continually updating/changing things for compliance purposes
15:04 Joubu          (we need 2 version columns (from-to), if we remove them)
15:04 kidclamp       #startvote Should a codign guidline be added to require devs to maintin documentation on cookie use/expiration as required by GDPR and maintained on the wiki page Use of Cookies? Yes, No, Abstain
15:04 huginn`        Begin voting on: Should a codign guidline be added to require devs to maintin documentation on cookie use/expiration as required by GDPR and maintained on the wiki page Use of Cookies? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
15:04 huginn`        Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
15:04 Joubu          #vote yes
15:04 kidclamp       #vote Yes
15:04 oleonard       #vote yes
15:04 khall          #vote Yes
15:04 thd            #vote Yes
15:05 LeeJ           #vote Yes
15:05 kidclamp       last call
15:05 Joubu          it could also be added to the release notes (like syspref, notice templates, permissions, etc.)
15:05 thd            Joubu++
15:05 kidclamp       #endvote
15:05 huginn`        Voted on "Should a codign guidline be added to require devs to maintin documentation on cookie use/expiration as required by GDPR and maintained on the wiki page Use of Cookies?" Results are
15:05 huginn`        Yes (6): Joubu, oleonard, khall, kidclamp, thd, LeeJ
15:06 kidclamp       #info agred, we shoudl add a coding guideline to maintain cookie documentation
15:06 kidclamp       #info Joubu suggests also adding notes about cookies/gdpr to release notes
15:06 kidclamp       #action cait, please write a codign guideline for cookies
15:07 kidclamp       Next meeting June 27th, 21 UTC?
15:08 Joubu          yes
15:08 thd            The more place people may see references to specific elements of GDPR compliance release notes, etc. as Joubu stated the safer people should be at present from any overzealous enforcement.
15:08 kidclamp       #info Next meeting: 27 June 2018, 21 UTC
15:09 kidclamp       #endmeeting
15:09 huginn`        Meeting ended Wed Jun 13 15:09:07 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:09 huginn`        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/development_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-14.01.html
15:09 huginn`        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/development_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-14.01.txt
15:09 huginn`        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/development_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-14.01.log.html
15:09 kidclamp       thanks all!
15:09 kidclamp       koha++
15:09 josef_moravec  kidclamp++
15:10 Joubu          LeeJ: your turn
15:10 LeeJ           I'll be starting the docs meeting in a few minutes..helping someone for a sec :)
15:11 LeeJ           #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 13 June 2018
15:11 huginn`        Meeting started Wed Jun 13 15:11:48 2018 UTC.  The chair is LeeJ. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:11 huginn`        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:11 huginn`        The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_13_june_2018'
15:12 * ashimema     is back.. but on child care duties so still intermittent
15:12 LeeJ           #topic Introductions
15:12 wahanui        #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:12 LeeJ           #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
15:12 ashimema       #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
15:13 thd            #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:14 Joubu          #info Jonathan Druart
15:14 kidclamp       #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:15 LeeJ           #topic What's been done so far
15:15 LeeJ           #info the docs group has been adding tasks to the koha manual Taiga as necessary to prepare for documenting 18.11
15:16 josef_moravec  #info Josef Moravec
15:16 LeeJ           #info kidclamp will begin tackling the RM queue beginning Friday June 22, 2018
15:17 kidclamp       ;-)
15:17 ashimema       kidclamp++
15:18 LeeJ           #topic Next steps
15:18 reiveune       bye
15:18 LeeJ           #info there is a note on the merging deleted tables for docs (Bug 20271) per kidclamp which will need to be addressed in the documentation
15:18 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 major, P1 - high, ---, oha, Passed QA , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables with their "alive" cousins
15:19 LeeJ           anyone have anything else to add? ashimema anything about your work to add? :)
15:19 LeeJ           oh! I just remembered something else to add
15:20 LeeJ           #info will be discussing the inclusion of a "GDPR Compliance" section of the manual with a minimum content of adding links to the appropriate wiki pages (i.e. the use of cookies https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Use_of_Cookies)
15:20 Joubu          LeeJ: you got a PR, with a schema
15:21 ashimema       I was going to create a branch to merge for the above then submit it with the WIP flag until the bug is pushed to master
15:21 LeeJ           Joubu: that will be addressed soon but not right now..I'll explain more later
15:21 LeeJ           ashimema: a branch for what exactly?
15:22 ashimema       Bug_20271
15:23 LeeJ           okay
15:23 tcohen         hi
15:24 LeeJ           #info ashimema will be creating a WIP branch on the manual to handle Bug 20271
15:24 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20271 major, P1 - high, ---, oha, Passed QA , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables with their "alive" cousins
15:24 ashimema       Anyone else been having issues with gitlab the last few days out of interest? That's what's held me up on submitting it already
15:24 LeeJ           tcohen: I can't end meeting you today because we're in the docs meeting :(
15:24 LeeJ           ashimema: not me
15:24 tcohen         yeah, I love the situation actually
15:24 tcohen         haha
15:26 LeeJ           anyone have anything else to add before scheduling next meeting?
15:26 kidclamp       LeeJ is the best
15:27 kidclamp       except for me of course ;-)
15:27 LeeJ           kidclamp: agreed ;)
15:28 LeeJ           guess we're good
15:28 LeeJ           Set time of next meeting
15:29 Joubu          wait
15:29 Joubu          I'd like to know why nobody cares about bug 19817
15:29 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge local and online documentations
15:29 Joubu          but really, why?
15:30 LeeJ           Joubu: I'll make sure no one contributes anything until that's taken care of :)
15:30 LeeJ           including myself
15:30 * ashimema     just hasn't got that far down his list yet Joubu
15:30 tuxayo         kivilahtio: great! Do you think that the test plan changes a lot?
15:31 LeeJ           ashimema: put it at the top of your list? <3
15:31 Joubu          Next meeting on July 4th then?
15:32 LeeJ           I just wrote the bug # on my whiteboard in my office so I can work on it and not forget
15:32 ashimema       It's very nearly there already 😉
15:32 LeeJ           I won't be at work on July 4th because it's a holiday :)
15:34 LeeJ           July 13th 21:00?
15:34 Joubu          nope, general meeting
15:34 Joubu          ha it's at 14
15:35 LeeJ           so that would work then?
15:35 Joubu          yes
15:36 LeeJ           cool
15:36 LeeJ           #topic Set time of next meeting
15:37 LeeJ           #info Next meeting: 13 July 2018, 21 UTC
15:37 LeeJ           #endmeeting
15:37 huginn`        Meeting ended Wed Jun 13 15:37:13 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:37 huginn`        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/documentation_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-15.11.html
15:37 huginn`        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/documentation_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-15.11.txt
15:37 huginn`        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2018/documentation_irc_meeting_13_june_2018.2018-06-13-15.11.log.html
15:37 LeeJ           thanks for coming out everyone :)
15:41 Joubu          Friday 21UTC?
15:41 Joubu          it was 11th actually
15:45 thd            LeeJ: Joubu is correct.   You may have mistakenly typed 13 July without enough attention given when 11 July was intended.
15:45 LeeJ           ugh
15:46 LeeJ           >_>
15:46 * LeeJ         needs to start checking his typing in quadruplicate
15:47 thd            LeeJ you could have an administrative typo correction meeting just now.
15:47 LeeJ           thd: hm?
15:47 LeeJ           do tell
15:48 thd            Just do startmeeting etc. and fix the date for the next meeting, link the additional log to the wiki, send an email correcting the error to the relevant lists.
15:50 thd            Most anyone who was here 10 minutes ago is still here also.
16:00 Tim_A          Does anyone know if it's possible or even how to modify item search results fields?
16:05 dani
16:22 oleonard       Bug 20935
16:22 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20935 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Redesign system preferences interface
16:26 cait           t
16:35 Joubu          bug 20934 needed for 18.05.01
16:35 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=20934 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Biblio checkout history shows only current checkout
18:49 Laura__MCC_    I am in need of some serials help
18:52 oleonard       Laura__MCC_: Ask a specific question so people can reply if they know the answer
18:53 Laura__MCC_    So I am trying to enter Library Journal that comes out on the 1 and 15 for instance I added as a semimonthly and the dates added were 1 and 16 can this be changed in the subscription or is there a better way to do this?
18:55 Laura__MCC_    Question 2 - what are the implications of not entering an end date?
18:58 Laura__MCC_    Question 3: I have been told by EBSCO that they did  not have a way to do claims with Koha.  Have individuals figured out a work around?
18:59 * oleonard     waves goodbye and wishes Laura__MCC_ luck
20:12 zenkit         hi does anyone recommend installing koha on a VM environment
20:12 zenkit         ?
20:25 lavamind       zenkit: I run 120 instances in a VM environment :P
20:26 zenkit         :) Thanks lavamind
20:27 lavamind       I have a problem where both the opac and intranet base URLs (https://example.com/) return a 404 error
20:31 lavamind       I can still login and use the site
20:32 Joubu          lavamind: hum?
20:33 lavamind       "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404
20:33 lavamind       but "GET /cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl HTTP/1.1" 200
20:33 * lavamind     checks rewrite configs
20:36 lavamind       aah, I'm missing mod_dir
20:37 lavamind       apache-shared.conf could use a "DirectoryIndex index.html" directive
20:38 lavamind       yeah, because index.html is aliased to the correct cgi script
20:39 lavamind       but nothing in the Koha configs define index.html as a directory index
20:40 lavamind       mod_dir and DierctoryIndex index.html are usually default configurations
20:41 * lavamind     is finding out many things using a ground-up setup<
21:35 lavamind       I'd be interested to learn how I can minimize memory usage with Plack
21:35 lavamind       200MB per instance is too much
21:45 lavamind       is it possible to example only load a part ok Koha (OPAC) into plack ?
21:48 Joubu          lavamind: in the psgi file,  remove some "use" statements (?)
21:49 lavamind       Joubu: yeah I tried that, the effect is very small
21:50 lavamind       oh I did it with mount
21:50 zenkit         What is the minimum RAM requirement to reflect memcache speed?
21:53 lavamind       I commented out all use C4:: and use Koha:: and now it uses more memory :s
22:03 lavamind       I think it's way too tricky, I just wont use Plack at all
22:08 wizzyrea       120 instances on one server?
22:08 wizzyrea       plack might be heavy for that.
22:10 lavamind       it's heavy even for 10 instances
22:10 lavamind       same with the indexer daemon
22:10 wizzyrea       the indexer you can go around if you're happy to use the cron
22:11 lavamind       not so happy to use cron no, because running it doesn't even have time to index all the instances within 5 minutes
22:11 lavamind       I used to have it every 15 minutes, and it worked but the machine just kept grinding days and night
22:12 wizzyrea       offload zebra to a different server?
22:12 lavamind       so eventually I enabled apache access logs and had the cron only trigger when there was activity
22:12 lavamind       most the instances are seldom used
22:12 lavamind       they're just there for classes and assignments
22:13 lavamind       instead of watching apache access logs Ill try watching the zebraqueue table using the commandline and trigerring the reindex as needed
22:14 lavamind       having 120 rebuild_index.pl in memory is too heavy
22:14 wizzyrea       possibly having 120 koha on one machine is too many.
22:15 lavamind       heh, that's my Koha 3.02 setup :p
22:15 lavamind       just upgrading it to 18.05
22:15 wizzyrea       but koha 3.02 is like 10 years old.
22:15 rangi          lavamind: you can disable the indexer, and go bak to the cron job for rebuild zebra
22:15 lavamind       hence the upgrade
22:16 lavamind       rangi: */10 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra && koha-rebuild-zebra $(find /var/log/koha -mmin -10 -name intranet-access.log | cut -f5 -d/)
22:16 rangi          the indexer runs as a daemon, so much more realtime, but if you switch that off, and put the cron job back in, and just say you might have to wait up to 15 mins for your change to show in search
22:16 rangi          yep
22:18 lavamind       maybe there's a way to run multiple instances using one Plack daemon
22:18 rangi          thats all good as no other jobs (like other crons) change values
22:18 rangi          as long as i mean
22:19 rangi          like long overdues cron job that makes stuff lost
22:19 rangi          but it'll get index after someone looks at koha i guess ;)
22:19 lavamind       as far as I know the classes they teach don't use OPAC services at all
22:19 rangi          there is a bug for that,and some patches you could try
22:20 rangi          i forget the bug number
22:20 lavamind       rangi: let me know if you find it
22:20 lavamind       for now I have to run
22:20 lavamind       thanks btw
22:22 Joubu          bug 15562
22:22 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15562 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , Make Koha more suitable for shared hosting with plack
22:34 zenkit         how do i create multiple instances of koha in one server?
22:38 wizzyrea       koha-create --create-db instance1
22:38 wizzyrea       koha-create --create-db instance2
22:38 wizzyrea       koha-create --create-db instance 3
22:38 wizzyrea       and so on
22:38 zenkit         thanks :wizzyrea
22:38 wizzyrea       np
22:38 zenkit         How about the ip references
22:39 wizzyrea       you can edit the apache config files in /etc/apache2/sites-available/instance1.conf (instance2.conf, instance3.conf, etc.)
22:39 wizzyrea       and restart apache
22:40 wizzyrea       maybe I'm not understanding what you're referring to as "ip references"
22:41 zenkit         i wish to have each instance of koha referenced by a unique ip or port no.
22:41 wizzyrea       then yeah, as before
22:42 zenkit         is zebra indexing instantiated to index simultaneous?
22:43 wizzyrea       pass
22:45 zenkit         do i have to do configure anything in koha_config with regard to kohadb instances
22:46 wizzyrea       you don't have to, but some things are nice to do
22:46 wizzyrea       for example, your domain name is probably not mydnsname.com
22:46 wizzyrea       so set that to your one
22:46 wizzyrea       you might not like the intranet to have -intra, you might prefer -admin, or -staff
22:46 wizzyrea       you might want to set memcached on by default for all new instances, that's in there
22:47 wizzyrea       it sets the settings for all new instances
22:47 wizzyrea       at least the ones created since you changed your koha_config
22:47 wizzyrea       actually I just realised you might be asking a different question
22:48 wizzyrea       i.e. "do I have to change anything in the koha-conf.xml related to the database"
22:48 wizzyrea       the answer to that question is "no, if you are running the database server locally you do not"
22:48 zenkit         related to zebra indexing
22:48 zenkit         ...
22:48 wizzyrea       if you are running the zebra server locally you shouldn't have to change anything
22:49 wizzyrea       don't think too hard about it.
22:50 zenkit         :) ok. Let me give it a try and get back to you.
22:50 zenkit         thanks a lot wizzyrea
22:50 wizzyrea       good luck :90
22:50 wizzyrea       :)
23:02 zenkit         @wizzyrea i don't if will be suitable to koha on Amazon ec2 t2.nano 512 MB 1vCPU upto 3.3GHz
23:02 huginn`        zenkit: downloading the Perl source
23:03 zenkit         anyone please...
23:06 wizzyrea       that's gonna be tight
23:06 wizzyrea       I personally wouldn't go that small, especially if you anticipate any sort of actual usage.
23:07 zenkit         10GB of storage
23:07 zenkit         15,000 biblio
23:07 wizzyrea       if you are running multiple instances, that will not be enough.
23:07 wizzyrea       not enough even for one really
23:07 wizzyrea       Koha isn't a lightweight anymore.
23:09 zenkit         yes I realize recently, koha has put on weight
23:11 zenkit         how about t2.micro? will that be suitable or your recommendation...
23:12 wizzyrea       i wouldn't go with less than 2GB RAM and at least 20-30GB storage.
23:13 wizzyrea       idk what the amazon sizes mean anymore I use the catalyst cloud :P
23:16 zenkit         yes i c the price in catalyst seems much higher
23:18 zenkit         Anyway I'll take your recommendation. thanks
23:24 wizzyrea       oh I wasn't saying you should use that, just that I don't know what the names for aws sizes mean.
23:26 zenkit         ya, I was referring to the minimum server config
23:28 zenkit         I don't know if it would support 50-100 users at a given instance
23:31 wizzyrea       50-100 per instance with like 5 instances on the server?
23:31 wizzyrea       each with 15k bibs?
23:31 wizzyrea       a very small server, even that would be tight.
23:32 zenkit         yes 15k
23:32 zenkit         2GB 20GB Storage
23:32 wizzyrea       storage is cheap tho yeah?
23:32 wizzyrea       don't skimp.
23:33 wizzyrea       you might get away with it on that RAM
23:33 wizzyrea       you just... don't wanna be running out of storage every night when you do backups for 5 instances.
23:33 wizzyrea       it might be fine
23:34 wizzyrea       but idk what all you're planning to keep in your Koha, and thusly don't really feel qualified to size your server.
23:34 zenkit         alright i do then will be requiring more Storage
23:34 wizzyrea       go as big as you can afford.
23:34 wizzyrea       ^advice for life, really.
23:34 zenkit         I hope 2GB RAM should fine?
23:35 wizzyrea       i guess it's not terrible to size it up in that regard if it's not ok
23:35 wizzyrea       work-wise
23:35 wizzyrea       go as big as you can afford.
23:35 wizzyrea       no, I don't want to say "yes that will be ok" because I really can't say.
23:36 lavamind       you definately want more than 2gb of ram with 5 instances and plack
23:37 wizzyrea       (I would personally never go that small if I was going to have more than one instance. But I am not you and I don't have your $$ constraints)
23:37 lavamind       rangi: bug 15562 is definately what I'm looking for
23:37 huginn`        Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15562 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , Make Koha more suitable for shared hosting with plack
23:38 zenkit         ya need to evaluate on the $
23:40 zenkit         Can we also implement google OAuth for patrons?
23:42 lavamind       zenkit: look in https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/
23:42 lavamind       enhancement request are filed there
23:42 wizzyrea       yes that's a feature
23:42 wizzyrea       i think
23:42 wizzyrea       at least someone was working on it
23:46 zenkit         I came across the manual. Haven't tried yet. I wish it works well. Interesting feature. After all having multiple logins is a nightmare
23:58 zenkit         gtg :wizzyrea  c y soon
23:58 zenkit         bye