Time  Nick             Message
21:53 cait             bye all!
21:53 cait             time to sleep :)
21:53 BobB             thank you cait
21:52 caboose-kohatmtg thank you cait!
21:52 cait             thx all for attending!
21:52 huginn`          Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/documentation_irc_meeting_19_october_2017.2017-10-19-21.00.log.html
21:52 huginn`          Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/documentation_irc_meeting_19_october_2017.2017-10-19-21.00.txt
21:52 huginn`          Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/documentation_irc_meeting_19_october_2017.2017-10-19-21.00.html
21:52 huginn`          Meeting ended Thu Oct 19 21:52:07 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
21:52 cait             #endmeeting
21:52 cait             #agreed next meeting will be on Monday, 13 November, 21 UTC
21:50 kellym-kohamtg   that date works for me!
21:50 georgewilliams   13th works here
21:50 cait             same time? at least we should go into winter time before that, so a little bette rfor me (if I calculated correctly)
21:50 cait             13th
21:50 caboose-kohatmtg that works for me
21:49 cait             is a week later still ok? maybe monday?
21:49 cait             so that week is generally bad for me, unless somoene else could chair
21:49 cait             hm will be having trainign that week
21:48 BobB             Nov 8 is a Wednesday
21:48 Joubu            maybe 9th then
21:48 Joubu            ha, it's a Wed
21:48 cait             hm let me quickly chekc my calendar
21:47 georgewilliams   yes
21:47 caboose-kohatmtg yep
21:47 kellym-kohamtg   yes
21:47 cait             is that ok for everyone?
21:47 Joubu            Nov
21:47 Joubu            +3w, Now 8th :)
21:47 cait             Joubu: can you suggest a date?
21:46 caboose-kohatmtg perfect
21:46 Joubu            in 3 weeks
21:45 cait             should we meet agian before?
21:45 cait             so release is end of nov
21:45 cait             #topic Set time of next meeting
21:44 cait             cool
21:44 cait             #action georgewilliams to report about the documentation meeting and the need for contributors at the next Koha-US meeting
21:44 caboose-kohatmtg :)
21:44 cait             excellent!
21:44 georgewilliams   And I'll also report on this meeting and the need for contributers at the next Koha-US meeting
21:44 cait             it's awfully late here
21:44 cait             moving onto setting a date for the next meeting ok?
21:43 cait             and if any of you know someone who would be good to contribute something, please ask them
21:43 cait             #action cait to update the kanban with latest developments/needs
21:43 cait             #info If you ntoice something missing on the manual, a typo, some error, please take a short moment to note on the to-do list!
21:42 Joubu            kanban*
21:42 cait             the todo is made so it can't be done quickly, no log in or anything
21:42 Joubu            cait: maybe you should (just in case...) add a message on the kanba. There was a documation epic with lot of people interesting by contributing to the manual
21:42 georgewilliams   That's a good idea - a good starting point
21:42 cait             also when you notice a typo or whatever
21:42 georgewilliams   That I can probably do
21:42 cait             georgewilliams: maybe start small... you are lookign for something in the manual, don't find it, note it on the todo
21:40 georgewilliams   I'm being crushed by demands for help from the 51 libraries in our system, so my biggest issue is a complete lack of time
21:40 cait             #info Please think about putting your name down for documentation team 18.05
21:40 Joubu            (just a number, this year we have ~20 authors per months, last years it was ~30)
21:40 * wizzyrea       fires up the cloning machine
21:40 cait             maybe another thought
21:40 cait             heh
21:40 BobB             LOL
21:40 georgewilliams   If there were two of me
21:40 cait             georgewilliams: what would make it easy for you?
21:40 BobB             so keep pounding the mailing list?
21:39 cait             all the koha people are super busy, which is good, so we need more of us and get libraries involved
21:39 georgewilliams   As a librarian I want to help too but, like BobB says, there are a lot of demands on my time
21:39 cait             BobB: we understand, it's just turning into a global problem :)
21:39 wizzyrea         ^
21:39 BobB             somehow we really need to get users to own this - librarians
21:38 cait             Joubu: not sure I can do with even less...
21:38 BobB             but there are so many competing demands on everyone's time
21:38 Joubu            people should stop sleeping
21:38 BobB             as a company we want to help ....
21:37 wahanui          any other ideas are welcome as well
21:37 cait             any other ideas?
21:37 cait             i think too early for another sprint maybe
21:36 cait             actually that fits with the question about 17.11
21:36 cait             #topic Getting more people involved
21:36 cait             moving on?
21:36 cait             sounds good :)
21:36 cait             so i think we covered about all of the next steps topics listed now
21:36 * Joubu          duplicates himself
21:35 cait             search has been fixed
21:35 cait             #action Joubu to generate pre-release notes for manual work
21:35 cait             #action caboose to look into styling/improving the manual look and feel
21:34 cait             #info If people want to send text and screenshots instead of merge requests, cait will turn that into patches
21:34 cait             Joubu: willing to try, but can't do it alone, so let's try mailing list next
21:33 cait             #info caboose to look into styling/improving the manual look and feel
21:33 caboose-kohatmtg cool, I am on it
21:33 cait             haven't had time to review, but might be a starting point
21:32 caboose-kohatmtg sweet
21:32 cait             someone left some notes about ways on how to do that on the todo list
21:32 caboose-kohatmtg yeah I want to help with that for sure cait!
21:32 caboose-afk      I definitely want to get involved
21:32 cait             caboose-afk: don't go... was going to ask you about styling the manual :)
21:31 Joubu            Anyone around that is willing to help documenting the new 17.11 features?
21:31 cait             Joubu: could you check where we could keep the pre-release notes? and then we send an email to the mailng list to aks people to send merge requests or texts to koha-docs mailing list to include?
21:30 cait             add screenshots too if they are sent separately
21:30 cait             if that's a barrier
21:30 cait             and if peope send me text i can make the patches to include
21:30 cait             we could try to get more people involved by having such a list
21:29 cait             without having the list I fear that we might not have enough people rightnow
21:29 Joubu            - Do we want to have all these ft with enough doc when 17.11 is out?
21:29 cait             because you can't see where it should go and it's suppoed to be a summary I think - not instructions how to use
21:28 Joubu            - It is not a job for dev
21:28 Joubu            - Does we ask dev to make something bigger for the manual?
21:28 cait             no
21:28 cait             jenkins sounds like a good idea to me
21:28 Joubu            - Is it enough to put that in the manual?
21:28 cait             ah
21:28 Joubu            new ft will be highlighted in the release note, with the "release notes" field
21:28 cait             could work
21:28 cait             constantly bulid them
21:28 rangi            to publish them somewhere
21:28 rangi            Joubu: you could use gitlab ci or jenkins
21:27 cait             Joubu: hm?
21:27 rangi            ah right, misread
21:27 Joubu            and highlight what is missing (new)
21:27 cait             yeah, but not release notes to see what will be added :)
21:27 Joubu            I would like to do something for the release notes, provide them very early and make the contribution/fix easy
21:27 rangi            its always that pattern
21:27 rangi            https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/html/
21:26 wahanui          link is both helpful/unhelpful
21:26 cait             link?
21:26 rangi            they are there now
21:26 cait             maybe we could provide 'alpha' release notes for 17.11 to get people started?
21:26 kellym-kohamtg   yes cait!
21:26 cait             kellym-kohamtg:  was going to look at 17.05 release notes
21:26 cait             we have a possible backlog to 16.11 or 16.05, not sure yet
21:25 Joubu            the ones that are going to be in 17.11
21:25 wahanui          new features are almost invariable meant for master
21:25 cait             new features?
21:25 Joubu            I would like to know what do we do for the new ft
21:25 cait             getting more people involved
21:25 Joubu            what's next? :)
21:25 Joubu            wait
21:25 Joubu            yes
21:24 wahanui          well, something else is doing that, before you ran my rebuild
21:24 cait             something else?
21:24 cait             ok
21:24 cait             #action Joubu is goingto look into options for manual translation
21:24 rangi            thanks Joubu
21:23 Joubu            at least estimate the amount of work we need
21:23 rangi            cool
21:23 Joubu            I really would like to announce that the manual for 17.11 is ready, so I will try to have a look
21:22 rangi            if we can use tools others are maintaining, rather than our own scripts its a massive win
21:21 cait             is someone volunteering to look into options?
21:21 rangi            i really dont want to build any more tools we have to look after
21:21 cait             is there any action item we can look?
21:21 cait             ok
21:20 cait             manual translation coudl be different to gui
21:20 rangi            yeah
21:20 cait             not having context or knowing what the paragraph before referenced to is making things hard
21:20 Joubu            ok, so the plan would be to first make it translatable easily, then reinject the strings that are already translated
21:19 cait             i still think translating in context would make up for repeats
21:19 rangi            we will see :)
21:19 rangi            but i think sphinx-intl will do a much better job
21:18 Joubu            ok sounds fun
21:18 rangi            lots of strings repeat
21:18 rangi            heh no
21:18 Joubu            strings should appear only once in the manual, so should not be picked twice
21:18 Joubu            why duplicated stuff?
21:17 cait             ot as much in the manuals as in the interface i think, but yeah
21:17 Joubu            I will try to have a look at that, if nobody else does
21:17 rangi            im hoping we can reduce lots of that
21:16 rangi            (like we do in our .tt)
21:16 rangi            the old way you get lots of duplicated stuff
21:16 cait             it's been a lot of work, would be good to save it
21:16 rangi            ah yes substitute italian for german
21:15 cait             italian maybe too
21:15 cait             but there are some
21:15 cait             not german
21:15 rangi            we can start fresh with the others
21:15 rangi            (which is spanish, french, chinese and german?)
21:15 rangi            for the ones that are translated yes
21:15 Joubu            (sorry, tired...)
21:15 Joubu            :s/when/we
21:14 Joubu            when will want to pick the strings that are already translated on the old manual I guess?
21:14 cait             we haven't added anything there for sphinx yet
21:14 rangi            and https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sphinx-intl
21:14 cait             for the old way there is inofrmation on the wiki
21:14 rangi            http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/intl.html
21:14 rangi            but this looks like the best way for sphinx
21:14 rangi            i dont have the docs for the old docxml way, that was done by bernardo
21:13 cait             #action kellym to add missing 17.05 features to to-do list
21:13 Joubu            the different possibilities, what has been tried already, etc.
21:13 Joubu            manual translation
21:13 cait             kellym-kohamtg: thx! sysprefs should be done up to 17.05, but everything else we didn't check
21:13 rangi            Joubu: about what?
21:13 Joubu            Are there notes somewhere already about that?
21:13 rangi            its the currently the way we generate it, and regenerate the docs that is the messy bit
21:13 kellym-kohamtg   cait I can add to the to do list for 17.05 release including new sys pref and features
21:12 rangi            people can use transifex or anything they want with the .po file
21:12 cait             would be nice to have th estrings in the order they appear
21:12 rangi            yes
21:12 cait             i thin one problem with pootle is if hte po files orders alphabetic
21:12 cait             hm but still po files then?
21:11 reiveune         bye
21:11 rangi            we can still use pootle, but there are easier was to generate the .po file
21:11 rangi            https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sphinx-intl
21:11 cait             yes, translation is a big TODO
21:10 rangi            there are nicer ways to do translation than the way we currently do it for the old manual, id like to get one of those working
21:10 cait             rangi, any technical todos?
21:10 cait             if someone wants to volunteer to fill up the list it would be nice :)
21:09 cait             i think it would be good to take a look at the feature lists of the last releaess and check against the manuals what is missing
21:09 cait             we've listed some areas where descriptions are missing, authorised values and notices for examples
21:08 cait             #link https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/KohaManualTodo todo list
21:08 cait             #topic Next steps
21:08 cait             i'd like to move on to todo if that' sok
21:07 cait             sorry :)
21:07 cait             #info rangi fixed the search problem!
21:07 rangi            thats about all I got done
21:07 rangi            i fixed the search
21:07 kellym           #info kelly mcelligott bywater
21:07 cait             hope i didn't miss someone - every contribution is much appreciated
21:07 cait             #info kellym has been updating the authorized values list
21:06 cait             #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2017-10-05_Documentation_Sprint_Day Past Documentation Sprint day
21:06 cait             #info Documentation Sprint has been quite good, we got some first time contributors, more listed on the wiki
21:06 cait             #info jzairo has been working on a patron clubs feature - merged not long ago today
21:05 cait             #info Joubu fixed the problem with the screenshots that were not migrated correctly
21:05 cait             #info LeeJ has been cleaning up the cronjobs chapter and adding new things to it
21:04 cait             #topic What's been done so far
21:04 cait             BobB: thx! Irma has sent a merge request - waiting for her feedback on my comment
21:04 BobB             no contribution from me yet, cait, hoping to get to it in the next couple of weeks
21:04 cait             moving on
21:04 cait             #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Editing_the_Koha_Manual Instructions on how to edit hte manual
21:03 cait             let me know if I can help :)
21:03 caboose          I'm just getting my act together (missed last( but will review instructions :)
21:03 cait             but are there any questions about the process?
21:02 cait             I don't have new information since the last meeting, instrcutions are available on the wiki
21:02 cait             #topic How does it work?
21:02 cait             thx all cor coming!
21:02 huginn`          Current chairs: cait rangi
21:02 cait             #chair rangi
21:02 rangi            #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst NZ
21:02 cait             #link https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Documentation_IRC_meeting_19_October_2017 today's agenda
21:01 cait             #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:01 caboose          #info Michael Cabus, ByWater Solutions
21:01 Joubu            #info Jonathan Druart
21:01 BobB             #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Australia
21:01 cait             please introduce yourself using #info :)
21:01 georgewilliams   #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
21:01 wahanui          #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01 cait             #topic introductions
21:00 huginn`          The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_19_october_2017'
21:00 huginn`          Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:00 huginn`          Meeting started Thu Oct 19 21:00:37 2017 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:00 cait             #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 19 October 2017
20:58 cait             meeting in a moment
20:57 BobB             morning
20:24 barton           yeah, I'm making that happen.
20:24 wizzyrea         ^^^
20:24 Joubu            there is no excuse for using it :)
20:23 Joubu            there is also misc/devel/create_superlibrarian.pl
20:22 wizzyrea         so you never log in with the db user.
20:22 wizzyrea         ffs, that's why we have the onboarder.
20:22 wizzyrea         ^
20:22 Joubu            create a user anyway :)
20:22 wizzyrea         dunno then, wfm
20:21 barton           wizzyrea: nope. I'm using master, fresh install.
20:20 wizzyrea         custom JS?
20:19 wizzyrea         I see it on master logged in as the db user though
20:19 wizzyrea         yeah don't do that.
20:19 wizzyrea         haha
20:18 cait             yeah well, don't do that heh
20:18 barton           hm. I'm logged in as the database user (prolly not the best idea, but it's a fresh install)
20:18 cait             and was a separate permission for a long time
20:18 cait             hm if you are superlibrarian i think ti should just work
20:18 wizzyrea         or something like
20:17 * wizzyrea       wonders if the db update didn't update users who aren't superlibrarian to have the permission
20:17 cait             i still see the link
20:17 cait             do you have the create sql perm?
20:16 barton           hey #koha, the 'Create from SQL' link seems to have disappeared from reports/reports-home.pl on master. Is there a different way to get to it that I'm missing?
19:59 LeeJ             cait: glad to help :)
19:54 cait             thx for the work :)
19:50 LeeJ             all good! :)
19:47 cait             just a bit slow tonight
19:47 cait             hehe i know
19:46 LeeJ             :)
19:46 LeeJ             cait: by the way..there's a merge request pending
19:44 LeeJ             okay :)
19:44 cait             that sounds ogod
19:43 LeeJ             we have a Catalog section
19:42 cait             do we have something like catalouging?
19:42 cait             the import webservice one
19:42 LeeJ             okay
19:42 cait             i think the job might have been thougth to be general
19:41 LeeJ             cait: so should I add a new section? Perhaps calling it OCLC?
19:30 cait             :)
19:22 eythian          kathryn: but if your holiday is still around Wellington, it'll work :)
19:22 eythian          ibeardslee: oh nice
19:21 eythian          kathryn: hmm, I think I head back around the 7th
19:21 ibeardslee       eythian: that's good I understand francois will be about around that time as well
19:20 kathryn          I'll be on holiday from Christmas til the 9th or so, but can catch up sometime for sure
19:19 eythian          I need to work out the internal details still
19:19 eythian          Sweet. I'm sure I'll attend some beer o'clock
19:18 kathryn          cool, I'll be around btw Christmas and NYs
19:18 eythian          Definitely
19:18 kathryn          well that's a sure thang then
19:17 eythian          I know this because someone i haven't spoken to since I left knew.
19:17 kathryn          ooooOOOOoooooo
19:17 eythian          Rumour has it I'm coming back for New Year's.
19:17 kathryn          hi eythian!
19:16 eythian          Hi kathryn
18:46 tcohen           hi
18:45 cait             hi tomascohen[m] :)
18:31 LeeJ             okay!
18:31 cait             brb - washing the dishes :)
18:31 cait             might be helpful to somoene
18:30 LeeJ             okay :)
18:30 cait             with the description from the bug
18:30 cait             i think we shoudl include both
18:30 LeeJ             should we include it?
18:30 cait             that's the other script
18:29 cait             ah
18:29 cait             a daemon that listens for OCLC Connexion
18:29 cait             maybe
18:29 cait             i think it was a little part of it
18:29 cait             hmm
18:29 LeeJ             cait: according to the patch here https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=8256 its description is "a cron job for processing import batch queues of type 'webservice' batches can also be processed through the UI"
18:28 cait             is that the one for oclc connexion?
18:27 cait             i am not sure waht it does
18:27 cait             hm
18:20 LeeJ             cait: import_webservice_batch.pl has never been in kohadocs...what heading should it go under? Or should a new one be created?
18:18 LeeJ             cait: sorry got pulled to help with something :P
18:07 cait             hey
18:02 cait             LeeJ:
18:01 cait             yep
17:42 LeeJ             cait: around?
17:35 LeeJ             aha! I'm thankful all old bug patches get archived!
17:33 LeeJ             does anyone know what the import_webservice_batch.pl do? It doesn't appear to have a perldoc so it's hard to include it in kohadocs
16:28 LeeJ             I think I will as soon as I finish this method I'm writing :P
16:23 kidclamp         if you want to so that patch.... :-D
16:23 kidclamp         oh, hah
16:22 kidclamp         what'd i do?
16:22 LeeJ             kidclamp++
16:17 LeeJ             hi #koha
16:17 * LeeJ           waves
15:52 ammopt           online demo is instant with irregular and about 4 seconds with any other periodicity
15:51 ammopt           except the online demo is a tad fast, probably cause the database is much lightier
15:51 ammopt           also running 16.11.12
15:51 ammopt           tested on an online demo, happens the same
15:51 ammopt           if irregular -> 1.5 secs
15:51 ammopt           if it has periodicity other than irregular -> takes 10 seconds, no matter what type of data
15:50 ammopt           has nothing to do with the actual data not respecting the periodicity
15:34 ammopt           and for that i need to find an actual "real" subscription born in Koha
15:33 ammopt           or if it is defined but not compatible with the actual serials
15:33 ammopt           i still need to check if its because the subscriptions have periodicity defined
15:32 Joubu            if the data are bad, it's always better to update them :)
15:30 ammopt           now i dont know if i should change the code or update all the data to irregular
15:29 ammopt           but if there's any other periodicity defined, it lags
15:29 ammopt           so those are processed fast
15:29 ammopt           the periodicity->{unit} is empty/false for the irregular subscriptions
15:28 ammopt           we have some data with "once a year" but the actual data doesnt respect that
15:28 ammopt           i think it has to do with periodicity
15:28 ammopt           i think i got it, Joubo
15:21 ammopt           yes i hope to have a conlusion soon
15:20 Joubu            let us know if it's better after the changes
15:18 ammopt           thanks a bunch
15:18 ammopt           and follow your suggestion
15:18 ammopt           i will try to prove if it is indeed this that its causing the lag
15:18 ammopt           and it turns out in fact all of the data has 9999 in the field we're using for enddate
15:17 ammopt           our team developed a custom script to import biblios + create subscription + import serials
15:17 ammopt           I just checked my original data
15:16 Joubu            I'd say it is expected for enddate, check if the perf issue is only with the startdate=~^9999 or with others as well
15:12 ammopt           the other 10.036 are endate
15:12 ammopt           only 1 of those is startdate
15:11 ammopt           its enddate
15:11 Joubu            to see if it is startdate or enddate
15:11 Joubu            select count(*) from subscription where enddate like "9999%";
15:11 Joubu            select count(*) from subscription where startdate like "9999%";
15:10 ammopt           that explains it, i guess
15:10 ammopt           i have 15k subscriptions total
15:10 ammopt           10037
15:10 ammopt           well
15:09 ammopt           ill run that query
15:09 ammopt           that must be it actually
15:09 ammopt           i see
15:09 ammopt           oh
15:08 Joubu            if you have date like 9999-12-31, the comparaison/calculation/etc will take ages
15:08 Joubu            select count(*) from subscription where startdate like "9999%" or enddate like "9999%";
15:08 ammopt           you mean in the summary of the subscription?
15:07 ammopt           im thinking of inverting the if + elseif
15:07 Joubu            did you display the startdate and enddate?
15:05 ammopt           im afraid i might open holes somewhere else
15:05 ammopt           and how should i go about hacking it
15:05 ammopt           my question is how important is this function
15:04 ammopt           heyo
15:04 Joubu            and hi :)
15:04 ammopt           16.11.12
15:04 ammopt           namely when the function GetExpirationDate is called
15:04 Joubu            what is your Koha version?
15:04 ammopt           https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/master/C4/Serials.pm#L2166
15:04 ammopt           located here:
15:04 ammopt           i have pinpointed the performance problem to the abouttoexpire function
15:04 ammopt           i'm having problems with performance using serials
15:02 hlx              hi
15:02 ammopt           hello everyone
13:17 * chris_n        will need it
13:17 Joubu            good luck then :)
13:16 chris_n          guess I'll have to dig into it :-)
13:16 chris_n          Joubu: the issue was that patrons are forbidden to return books via self-check; all parameters mentioned thus far are set correctly as far as I can tell
13:13 wahanui          g/xml/d
13:13 chris_n          heya pianohacker
13:05 magnuse          Joubu: ah, i had not considered that, thanks for the pointer!
13:00 Joubu            biblibre around? Simon?
12:59 Joubu            magnuse: it is a URI reserved char, so you need to escape it
12:58 magnuse          ah, could be
12:58 magnuse          s/pane/tab/
12:57 magnuse          in firefox those options are there. "copy link address" works, but "open in a new pane" does nothing
12:56 Joubu            I guess it's the ':'
12:56 magnuse          in chromium, when i right click on the link, there are no options related to links, like "open in a new pane" or "copy link address"
12:55 magnuse          Joubu: the html looks good, though: <a href="file://P:/HPX/V141.pdf">Klicka här för att gå online</a>
12:54 Joubu            magnuse: the code is talking about indicator(1)==7 and subfield $2, see C4::Biblio::GetMarcUrls
12:53 caroline_        At the same time, they told me it only started happening when they switched to IE
12:53 caroline_        Since there is no constraint, could it be mechanical, like the scanner scanned the barcode twice in quick succession and it checked out twice?
12:51 Joubu            good news for you then :) Maybe you will want to delete one of the 2 checkins from the old_issues table, to fix the history
12:51 caroline_        I re-checked it out from my end and only one was added to the usesr's file
12:50 caroline_        Both are returned
12:49 magnuse          i know it will not work for anyone outside the customers LAN, but it should at least work there
12:49 magnuse          anyone got any experience with putting file-scheme links like "file://P:/HPX/V141.pdf" in 856u?
12:47 Joubu            Does it fail or both are checked in?
12:47 Joubu            what happens if you check one item in?
12:47 caroline_        ok
12:47 Joubu            you should fix that issue before upgrading
12:47 caroline_        I will also tell the developpers to add the unique constraint to their version
12:47 Joubu            the constraint is added by, but the upgrade will fail actually
12:46 caroline_        Ah, good to know... Thanks for your help! :) I will tell them to consider upgrading
12:44 Joubu            apparently 3.14 does not have the unique constraint...
12:43 caroline_        The select count(*) from issues gives me 4, itemnumbers 159013, 159013, 154522, 154522
12:39 Joubu            3.14.07 has been released in may 2014...
12:39 Joubu            caroline_: you should at least upgrade to the last 3.14.x version, which is 3.14.17
12:38 Joubu            this last query should return 0
12:38 Joubu            then select count(*) from old_issues where returndate is null and borrowernumber=XXX;
12:38 Joubu            it will return the number of items that are really checked out
12:37 Joubu            if you have access to the mysql cli, you can try: select count(*) from issues where borrowernumber=XXX;
12:37 caroline_        3.14.07 from my info, but it might not be up to date
12:36 Joubu            3.14.17 at least?
12:36 Joubu            caroline_: no idea, 3.14 is very old now
12:35 caroline_        I have no idea. Maybe they didn't want to upgrade just yet
12:35 caroline_        *known
12:35 caroline_        Is that a know issue in 3.14?
12:35 Joubu            Why are you using that version? Do you have a customized version?
12:34 Joubu            ha, you will have to upgrade
12:34 marcelr          oops
12:33 caroline_        sorry 3.14
12:33 Joubu            There is one bug that is not resolved because we do not know how it happens: items are checked out but the "old_issues.returndate" is not set when checking in
12:33 caroline_           16.05
12:33 Joubu            caroline_: which version of Koha are you using?
12:32 Joubu            nope
12:32 caroline_        The librarian said they're using Internet Explorer. COuld that be the problem?
12:32 marcelr          reset_plack will not resolve it; it is obsolete indeed, these paths were removed
12:31 caroline_        It is happening at one site. The same item is check out twice to the same user. Instead of 2 checkouts, it shows 4 checkouts
12:29 Joubu            there is a unique constraint on issues.itemnumber, that means you cannot have the same item checked out twice at the same time
12:28 Joubu            caroline_: double check outs? it should not be possible
12:28 Joubu            it does few sed, but I think it is obsolete
12:28 Joubu            marcelr: reset_plack.pl from misc4dev
12:27 marcelr          to me this is a critical one ;)
12:27 marcelr          too bad; a small difference might have given a clue
12:26 Joubu            I am using exactly the same one, yes
12:26 caroline_        Hi guys. I have a question. What could cause double check outs in Koha?
12:25 marcelr          depends on the details..
12:25 marcelr          is it exactly the same one?
12:25 Joubu            the one in debian/templates
12:25 Joubu            marcelr: it's in master
12:21 tcohen           :/
12:21 tcohen           wait a seconf, I busted my virtualbox setup
12:14 marcelr          or is it identical to master ?
12:14 marcelr          can you paste the content of your current kohadevbox plack.psgi ?
12:14 marcelr          hola tcohen
12:08 cait             bye, bbl
11:56 Joubu            It makes more sense to me to check the existence of the issue instead of the config of the anonymous patron
11:56 marcelr          add a follow-up, and it is ready for qa
11:56 Joubu            I think we should create the item in the tests
11:55 Joubu            it is quite simple, the call is done without a valid itemnumber, so now it does not die anymore
11:55 marcelr          i was
11:55 Joubu            marcelr: are you on it?
11:54 Joubu            hi Owen!
11:54 Joubu            marcelr: nope
11:54 oleonard         Hi #koha
11:18 marcelr          Joubu: related to 19487, does Circulation/MarkIssueReturned.t still pass with you ?
11:13 marcelr          thx
11:13 kidclamp         done
11:13 marcelr          go ahead and change it !
11:13 wahanui          the former is much more complicated.
11:13 kidclamp         the former
11:11 huginn`          04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19487 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Internal server error when writing off lost fine for item not checked out
11:11 marcelr          kidclamp: did you forget to set signed off status on bug 19487 or did you request an extra one ?
11:09 Joubu            it could be marked as major, if we did not have 10 majors
11:09 marcelr          yeah the other one
11:09 Joubu            "internal server error" on stable releases, it is critical for me
11:09 marcelr          Joubu: things are marked critical quite easily of course
11:01 Joubu            We have 2 critical bugs, with patches, waiting for a bit of love. They affects stable releases
10:43 kidclamp         hi Joubu
10:42 marcelr          o/
10:41 Joubu            hi
10:39 kidclamp         thanks
10:39 marcelr          wait vs unfilled ;)
10:39 kidclamp         heh
10:38 marcelr          kidclamp: will finish 16187 tomorrow; it 'waited' long enough..
10:29 * cait           waves
09:59 marcelr          o/
09:58 * kidclamp       waves
09:39 wahanui          bidet, eythian
09:39 eythian          hi
08:45 marcelr          hi #koha
08:32 cait             good mornign magnuse :)
08:26 magnuse          guten morgen cait
08:04 cait             good morning #koha
07:56 magnuse          benjamin: sure
07:56 benjamin         hei magnuse, talk to you in 1hour (meeting) about ILL?
07:54 magnuse          heia benjamin
07:39 wahanui          bonjour, gaetan_B
07:39 gaetan_B         hello
07:04 fridolin         hi there
07:02 huginn`          04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=19492 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Field 'lowestPriority' doesn't have a default value (MariaDB)
07:02 magnuse          noone else running into bug 19492?
06:42 alex_a           bonjour
06:32 reiveune         hello
06:27 * magnuse        waves
00:56 mtj              thanks for the signoffs mtompset++ :0)
00:53 mtj              i plan to create a proper KC bug/patch for it 'real soon'... but good to get some eyeballs on it early, in irc
00:50 wizzyrea         yes good
00:50 mtj              ..it basically uses systemd to run the magical SQL on mysql startup, for every koha instance
00:50 wizzyrea         ohhhh that is excellent :)
00:49 mtj              http://git.kohaaloha.com/?p=misc/.git;a=tree;f=koha-mysql-init
00:49 mtj              kia ora wiz... naw.. its the same as suggested above
00:48 wizzyrea         oh is it different from the existing one?
00:48 mtj              https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix
00:47 mtj              hiya #koha, fyi: i seem to have a working startup script, for the 'duped id' problem..