Time  Nick          Message
21:40 cait          rangi++ LeeJ++
21:36 LeeJ          take care all
21:36 * LeeJ        waves to everyone
21:36 LeeJ          anyways, I'm heading home :)
21:35 LeeJ          cait: rangi merged my changes :)
21:35 * LeeJ        waves to cait
21:34 cait          heh
21:34 LeeJ          hahahaha
21:34 kidclamp_away you should see my impression of a table ;-)
21:34 LeeJ          kidclamp_away++ for being a great chair
21:33 schnydszch    Thanks everyone, cheers and have a nice day!
21:33 kidclamp      thanks everyone!  see you in the future!
21:33 huginn        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017.2017-07-05-21.01.log.html
21:33 huginn        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017.2017-07-05-21.01.txt
21:33 huginn        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2017/general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017.2017-07-05-21.01.html
21:33 huginn        Meeting ended Wed Jul  5 21:33:10 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
21:33 kidclamp      #endmeeting
21:32 kidclamp      #info Next Meeting: 2017, August 02, 14 UTC
21:32 schnydszch    that's all kidclamp
21:32 kidclamp      going twice
21:32 kidclamp      going once
21:31 LeeJ          kidclamp: that seems reasonable
21:31 schnydszch    sorry got cut off by my internet connection
21:31 kidclamp      #info Thanks to KohaCon 2017 organizers http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Maraming-salamat-from-KohaCon2017-organizers-td5938518.html
21:31 kidclamp      ?
21:31 kidclamp      August 2nd, 2017 - 14 UTC
21:31 schnydszch    i basically thanked all the people here: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Maraming-salamat-from-KohaCon2017-organizers-td5938518.html. So we've got pending uploads of some edited presentations to archive.org. I also would like to create a blog post of the event ala-Chris Cormack, Manny can also probably help me. That's all! Again, from the bottom of our hearts, Maraming maraming salamat!
21:30 kidclamp      indeed! hopefully we'll meet at a future Kohacon
21:30 Manny         kidclamp: welcome, and thank you for the opportunity. You missed the fun here :)
21:29 kidclamp      #topic Next meeting
21:29 kidclamp      thanks Manny and schnydszch>
21:28 kidclamp      Alright, moving on unless anyone has anythign to add?  last chance!
21:28 Manny         None
21:28 kidclamp      anything else guys?
21:27 schnydszch    kidclamp, confusion with fb haha
21:27 * LeeJ        blames rangi for such a solid product being made
21:26 Manny         :)
21:26 rangi         we shouldnt have made 2.2.9 so solid :)
21:25 kidclamp      so it responds as well as it can :-)
21:25 kidclamp      the '@' symbol confuses the bot
21:25 huginn        schnydszch: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:25 schnydszch    huginn was that there reason?
21:24 huginn        schnydszch: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
21:24 schnydszch    @Rangi: we (together with Manny) hopefully can handle those who really want to go newer versions through OSLS and TA.
21:23 Manny         rangi: "their not in a hurry" :(
21:23 schnydszch    those presentations was able to tackle 2.2.9 versions during the Q&As, Paul poulain's presentation was able to mentioned new features in newer versions hence the interest: https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_01_poulain_201707
21:22 rangi         heh the national librarian told me that in 2010, hopefully this time :)
21:22 schnydszch    https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_04_Quiros
21:21 schnydszch    https://archive.org/details/kohacon2017_03_Gallana
21:21 schnydszch    yes kidclamp, yes they're planning to upgrade as well as the national library
21:21 kidclamp      #info many users were on older versions so the conference showed a lot of new features
21:21 Manny         Hopefully
21:21 kidclamp      wowza! Paul had mentioned that I think, are lots of people planning to upgrade now?
21:21 schnydszch    there were those who attended only the first day, some attended second to third only. thanks manny for that
21:20 Manny         Another highlight was they become aware of the new features of Koha because most of them are using 2.2.9 version
21:20 schnydszch    and there were attendees for the main conference that did not attend the hackfest
21:19 kidclamp      #inf0 191 was exact total attendance for KohaCon2017 (conference and hackfest combined)
21:19 schnydszch    there were attendees for hackfest that did not attend the main conference
21:19 Manny         Nope
21:19 schnydszch    Thd: nope
21:19 thd           Did the same number of people stay for both?
21:18 schnydszch    191 was the exact number for the main conference and haekfest
21:17 thd           :)
21:17 schnydszch    wait just woke up ;)
21:17 Manny         schnydszch: do you want to add
21:17 schnydszch    #info Eugene Espinoza Philippines
21:16 kidclamp      #info sandboxes were failing during hackfest - maintainers please take a look
21:16 Manny         Though at tge hackfest most of tge sandboxes failes
21:16 kidclamp      anything to highlight Manny?
21:15 kidclamp      Manny++
21:15 kidclamp      that ought to satisfy the masses :-)
21:15 kidclamp      #link https://archive.org/details/@kohacon17 KohaCon on Archive.org
21:15 kidclamp      #link https://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities KohaCon2017
21:15 Manny         https://archive.org/details/@kohacon17
21:14 MichaelKuhn   https://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities
21:14 MichaelKuhn   sorry
21:14 MichaelKuhn   Ihttps://aslpwiki.wikispaces.com/Forums%2C+Seminars%2C+Conferences+and+Other+Activities
21:14 kidclamp      #link https://archive.org/search.php?query=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:14 kidclamp      link https://archive.org/search.php?query=kohacon%202017 KohaCon presentations
21:13 wahanui       link is both helpful/unhelpful
21:13 kidclamp      link?
21:13 Manny         Most of the presentations are now in internet archive
21:13 kidclamp      #info KohaCon 2017 had 180+ participants!
21:12 LeeJ          #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
21:12 Manny         We have at least 180+ participants for the KohaCon and hackfest
21:12 rangi         #info Chris Cormack (sorta here)
21:11 Manny         We wiuld like to thank you guys
21:11 kidclamp      Manny, the floor is yours :-)
21:11 kidclamp      #topic KohaCon
21:11 Joubu         nope
21:11 kidclamp      Joubu: anything to mention?
21:10 kidclamp      16.11.09 and 17.05.01 were both released, upcoming on track afaik
21:10 kidclamp      #topic Update on releases
21:09 * LeeJ        just noticed there was a meeting
21:09 kidclamp      everyoneelseinvolvedbutIambadatremembering++
21:08 thd           #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:08 kidclamp      LeeJ++
21:08 kidclamp      cait++
21:08 kidclamp      I will just mention I have seen cait and LeeJ talking manual and wiki updates so things seem to be going well there
21:08 thd           I see :)
21:07 kidclamp      I got it at 17:01
21:07 thd           kidclamp: startmeeting
21:07 Joubu         Nothing from me, just back from holidays. I am processing my emails
21:07 thd           kidclamp: You forgot
21:07 wahanui       Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
21:07 kidclamp      anyone?
21:07 Manny         Yes:)
21:07 kidclamp      #topic Announcements
21:06 kidclamp      Let's start and just go quick :-) since I see kohacon folks and they can report :-)
21:05 thd           Is anyone here awake enough to conduct a meeting?
21:05 kidclamp      seems to be a light meeting, not a lot on agenda, do we want to continue?
21:04 kidclamp      any NZers?
21:02 Manny         #info Manny Tamayao, Philippines
21:02 MichaelKuhn   #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
21:01 kidclamp      I need to leave in about 40 minutes, so be quikc or someone can take chair at that time :-D
21:01 Joubu         #info Jonathan Druart
21:01 kidclamp      #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:01 wahanui       #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01 kidclamp      #topic Introductions
21:01 huginn        The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_july_2017'
21:01 huginn        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01 huginn        Meeting started Wed Jul  5 21:01:04 2017 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:01 kidclamp      #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 July 2017
21:00 wahanui       Hi, Doctor Nick!
21:00 Joubu         hi everybody
21:00 Joubu         hi kidclamp! :)
20:59 MichaelKuhn   11 PM over here
20:59 MichaelKuhn   I usually miss the time but for once I'm too early ;-)
20:59 * thd         has been suffering from clock drift.
20:58 wahanui       I hate jetlag.
20:58 kidclamp      welcome back!
20:58 * kidclamp    waves at Joubu
20:58 kidclamp      I thought I was late for a second
20:57 thd           MichaelKuhn: You may be a few minutes early.
20:56 MichaelKuhn   #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
19:08 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move GetBorrowersWithEmail to Koha::Patron
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17554: (followup) Shibboleth check should use ->find too
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17554: Koha::Patrons - Remove GetBorrowersWithEmail
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: [QA Follow-up] Remove second find of same patron
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Remove warning about redeclaration of $patron
19:08 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17738 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move GetReservesFromBorrowernumber to Koha::Patron->holds
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Remove C4::Reserves::GetReservesFromBorrowernumber
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17738: Replace GetReservesFromBorrowernumber with
19:08 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=17843 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo to Koha::ItemTypes
19:08 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18782 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Remove unused C4::Serials::getsupplierbyserialid
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: [QA Follow-up] Some polishing
19:08 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: Remove C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 17843: Replace C4::Koha::getitemtypeinfo with Koha::ItemTypes
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18782: Remove unused C4::Serials::getsupplierbyserialid
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: QA Followup - use gender neutral language in new tests
19:07 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18228 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Make list permissions easier to use/understand
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Add missing comma in kohastructure.sql
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Adjust Virtualshelves.t
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Implement the new columns in code
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: DBIx schema changes for Virtualshelve.pm
19:07 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=18214 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Cannot edit list permissions of a private list
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18228: Table revision of virtualshelves
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18214: Add check for shared or public list
19:07 jenkins       * jonathan.druart: Bug 18214: Cannot edit list permissions of a private list
19:07 jenkins       Project Koha_Master_D8 build #209: SUCCESS in 1 hr 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Master_D8/209/
18:47 LeeJ          Bovinity: yay!
18:35 Bovinity      Yay, management gave me the ok to submit that bug report.
17:09 huginn        New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17554: (followup) Shibboleth check should use ->find too <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=60e55c857c0e59693eaea138fbcc025f0de23960> / Bug 17554: Koha::Patrons - Remove GetBorrowersWithEmail <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=69ddc094345e995aabf0b0be79813c2019419caa> / Bug 17738: [QA Follow-up] Remove second find of same patron <http://git.koha-community.org/g
16:26 LeeJ          Joubu: thank you! That's what I thought. I asked because without ES setup in devbox Koha_Elasticsearch_Indexer.t fails because Catmandu::Importer::MARC isn't installed.
16:25 Joubu         LeeJ: yes, skipped
16:14 reiveune      bye
16:06 LeeJ          can someone clarify something for me? ES tests should skip/bailout if ES isn't installed instead of outright failing..correct?
15:48 LeeJ_lunch    Bovinity: ouch..well glad you're here at least ^_^
15:40 Bovinity      I had to clear it with my boss to just chat in here. :D
15:40 Bovinity      Oh, they left. Oops.
15:40 Bovinity      cait: Oh, the act of posting isn't an issue, it's just management here is really big on who does what and people overstepping their roles and such.
15:32 cait          bye all :)
15:29 cait          just trying to encourage... hope it comes across this way
15:27 cait          :)
15:25 cait          just a quick descriptions with steps to reproduce and your koha version is more than enough
15:25 cait          it's not science and doesn't need to be technical at all
15:25 cait          Bovinity: we welcome everyone to report bugs - especially librarians (just saying)
14:59 LeeJ          Bovinity: yeesh...that is certainly a security issue. khall have you ever run into this before?
14:58 Bovinity      Huzzah indeed.
14:57 LeeJ          Bovinity: yay for oversight!
14:57 Bovinity      Seems to work the same for allowing someone to create a report without the appropriate permissions, too.
14:57 Bovinity      LeeJ: Meh, will have to wait, manager wants to have someone in IT report it. Outside of my scope and all that. :D
14:39 Bovinity      Will have to get on that. :D
14:39 Bovinity      Looks like I never made an account on bugzilla, oops.
14:32 LeeJ          Bovinity: can you file a bug report? I'll take a look at it
14:31 LeeJ          Bovinity: that certainly sounds like a bug to me...
14:15 Bovinity      Speaking of URLs, it seems that even if you remove permissions from a user to edit reports, they can just change the phase to Edit SQL in the url when otherwise accessing the report and it'll let them edit it anyway.
14:11 Bovinity      It's a fairly minor thing overall, mostly just me being lazy about adding periodicals. Just funny that you could pretty much delete an entire catalog via URL with a script, but even just populating the add window with certain default values is an issue.
14:08 cait          but if Koha can't do what you want now, that might be what we can do to make it work in the future
14:08 cait          i am actually not sure we have an endpoint for items yet, the rest api is still being developed in large parts
14:07 cait          it's rather new, probably not a permisson thing
14:07 Bovinity      Should look into that.
14:07 Bovinity      I want to say that management either disabled or forbade use of any API functions, but not sure on that.
14:06 cait          but you want to have the values too? you could add an enh request maybe... or take a look at the rest api work
14:05 cait          you can open the add item form by url
14:05 cait          maybe because it's more complicated than other things
14:05 LeeJ          Bovinity: that's a very good question
14:04 Bovinity      Why is it that so many things in Koha can be done through a URL but adding items - the one thing that'd be really useful - is where they draw the line? ><
14:03 LeeJ          it had large boxes saying "incorrect heading"
14:03 LeeJ          I literally copied the contents of the administration rst file into it on the left and then the output on the right indicates syntax problems :)
14:02 LeeJ          cait: I used this tool http://rst.ninjs.org/
14:02 cait          did you figure out how to test locally? or how did you notice?
14:02 cait          oops
14:01 LeeJ          cait: I goofed up the headings format which broke the layout..whoops! all fixed now :)
14:01 cait          continuous documentation work - awesome :)
14:01 cait          and thx!
14:01 LeeJ          cait: certainly!
14:01 cait          but maybe rangi beats me to it
14:00 cait          LeeJ: might be tomorrow - that ok?
13:59 huginn        tcohen: Error: No such location could be found.
13:59 tcohen        @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:38 LeeJ          cait: merge request pending when you get time :)
13:10 tcohen        morning
13:08 LeeJ          cait: nvm...think I found the problem :)
12:55 oleonard      Hi Joubu
12:54 marcelr       hi Joubu welcome again
12:53 wahanui       I hate jetlag.
12:53 LeeJ          Joubu: welcome back!
12:53 * LeeJ        thinks he might have broke it
12:52 LeeJ          cait: specifically for the administration section? The others appear to be fine..
12:50 LeeJ          cait: is the kohadocs preview not displaying correctly for you either? I'm not getting the formatted output displaying
12:50 Joubu         hi #koha
12:36 cait          i remembered that from the initial bug, but always good to make sure
12:36 LeeJ          mhm..appears so
12:36 cait          recalculated, right?
12:36 LeeJ          cait: just an FYI
12:36 cait          ah!
12:35 LeeJ          cait: manual didn't specify under SpecifyReturnDate what happens with fines on item return when backdating
12:34 cait          LeeJ: um sorry, not following
12:34 LeeJ          cait: so I found the bug related to SpecifyReturnDate in the TODO..I added it to that line in the list
12:31 wahanui       hi olé onard
12:31 cait          hi oleonard
12:30 LeeJ          oleonard: same!
12:30 oleonard      Pleasantly uneventful
12:30 LeeJ          oleonard: haha how was your 4th?
12:29 * LeeJ        waves to oleonard
12:27 marcelr       hmm
12:26 oleonard      Everyone get lots done yesterday without the Americans around?
12:26 oleonard      Hi all
12:08 LeeJ          hi marcelr!
12:08 marcelr       hi LeeJ
12:08 LeeJ          hello cait!
12:08 cait          hi LeeJ!
12:07 * LeeJ        waves
12:05 marcelr       hello cait
12:04 cait          hi marcelr
12:02 marcelr       hi eythian
11:53 eythian       hi marcelr
11:36 marcelr       hi #koha
08:47 cait          hi eythian :)
08:45 eythian       hi cait
08:42 cait          someone using OAI-PMH with Plack?
08:41 * cait        waves
07:24 gaetan_B      hello
07:10 fridolin      hie tehre
07:09 huginn        eythian: The operation succeeded.
07:09 eythian       @later tell irma https://goo.gl/photos/1Z68B1QV1Eis8UUr6 from 6 years ago :)
07:00 wahanui       que tal, alex_a
07:00 alex_a        bonjour
06:51 reiveune      hello
06:13 oha           o/
04:08 huginn        barton: dcook was last seen in #koha 7 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <dcook> see you all :)
04:08 barton        @seen dcook