Time  Nick          Message
03:27 mtj           hmm, i think ive found the issue around my weird quoting problem, from yesterday
03:28 mtj           i edited the MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl file, and removed some quotes
03:29 mtj           from..
03:29 mtj           <a><xsl:attribute name="href">/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=se,phr:"<xsl:value-of select="marc:subfield[@code='a']"/>"</xsl:attribute>
03:29 mtj           to..
03:29 mtj           <a><xsl:attribute name="href">/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=se,phr:<xsl:value-of select="marc:subfield[@code='a']/>"</xsl:attribute>
03:29 wizzyrea      that's pretty weird, because the original fix added those quotes.
03:30 mtj           lol, nice
03:30 wizzyrea      (iirc)
03:30 wizzyrea      maybe that's caught in a more recent version of one of the dependencies
03:30 wizzyrea      < has no idea really
03:32 mtj           removing the quotes fixed the issue, and doesnt seem to cause a problem?!
03:32 mtj           i noticed some quoting inconsistencies in the xslt file
03:34 mtj           like, no quotes for a title,phrase search...
03:34 mtj           <a><xsl:attribute name="href">/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ti,phr:<xsl:value-of select="translate($f773, '()', '')"/></xsl:attribute>
03:35 mtj           herm...or is that quoted, even? - i cant even tell
03:36 mtj           ^ not such a hottt example
03:50 mtj           bug 5369, is prolly the change yr thinking of wizzyrea ?
03:50 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5369 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, CLOSED FIXED, se queries with paranthesis fail
03:50 wizzyrea      probably
03:52 mtj           tho, its not adding any quotes - but removing a single unmatched "
03:54 mtj           hmm, looks like its a legit fix for an old bug
03:59 mtj           ah, this is the patch to add double quotes, bug  6553
03:59 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6553 major, P3, ---, liz, CLOSED FIXED, Parentheses in corporate author break tracings
04:12 mtj           meh, i added a single " in my series, and it f*kd it
04:13 mtj           so, its still a variation of the same general problem
04:54 mtompset      Have a great day, #koha.
05:56 * magnuse     waves
06:43 reiveune      hello
06:47 dojobo        hello
06:47 wahanui       privet, dojobo
06:48 dojobo        can i just say, coming from an inferior ILS, i love koha's interface
06:48 dojobo        the multi-function search bar on the staff main page is brilliant
06:49 dojobo        (as well as in the modules, e.g. acquisitions has vendor search or orders search)
06:54 cait          hm no kyle
06:54 cait          someone ever seen a debarment comment from another borrower showing for another?
06:55 cait          the patron in question has one entry in borrower_debarments without a comment... but we still see the comment from another in the account
06:58 magnuse       ouch!
06:58 cait          yeah super weird :(
06:59 cait          borrower.debarred is correct and there is one entry in borrower_debarments, the debarments tab shows it all correct, but the message at the beginning of the table is wrong
07:00 alex_a        bonjour
07:00 wahanui       salut, alex_a
07:02 cait          Joubu: around maybe?
07:02 Joubu         hi
07:02 Joubu         cait yep
07:03 cait          I was wondering, could you take a quick look at soem code with me?
07:03 cait          i have the strange penomenon that we see comments from the wrong debarment in an account :(
07:03 cait          or many accounts
07:12 cait          Joubu++
07:13 cait          it's coming from borrowers.debarredcomment, not from borrower_debarments table
07:29 Joubu         So now we know how to improve Koha's speed! We just need to checkout the 2.x branch!
07:31 cait          ssh
07:31 cait          hehe
07:35 gaetan_B      hello
07:54 cait          Joubu++ saving my day
07:54 Joubu         hehe, cool :)
07:55 cait          ah - i am mostly done with testing the I18N patch
07:55 cait          i failed it again, but most files so far looked good :)
07:55 cait          so not much left
07:55 cait          i am done with all the reports and most intranet files
07:55 cait          Joubu ^
07:56 Joubu         cait: I am on it
07:59 magnuse       cait++ Joubu++
08:06 cait          @wunder Konstanz
08:06 huginn        cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 6.0°C (10:00 AM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.02 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
08:06 cait          @wunder Tylösand
08:06 huginn        cait: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
08:06 cait          @wunder Halstad
08:06 huginn        cait: The current temperature in Climax, Climax, Minnesota is 6.6°C (3:00 AM CDT on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Rising).
08:24 cait          @wunder CPH
08:24 huginn        cait: The current temperature in Copenhagen, Denmark is 9.0°C (10:20 AM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
08:28 magnuse       Halstad = Climax, Minnesota?!?
08:28 magnuse       @wunder halmstad
08:28 huginn        magnuse: The current temperature in Vilsharad, Halmstad, Sweden is 9.0°C (10:28 AM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
08:28 magnuse       @wunder Tylosand
08:28 huginn        magnuse: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
08:28 * magnuse     sets off in ~24 hours
08:29 cait          my flight is tomorrow aound noon :)
08:29 cait          ic an try to catch you were people come out - but if I don't give me a quick call or so when you have landed?
08:29 cait          s/were/where
08:30 magnuse       will do!
08:38 ashimema      whats the latest on using memcached configuration guys? I got lost a while bakc when it kept swithcing between being configured in the vhost conf or configured in the koha-conf
08:39 cait          we are not using it, sorry
08:40 ashimema      @later tell pianohacker Always like signoffs ;).. was related to sessions being recreated with every refresh/page load
08:40 huginn        ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:40 ashimema      yeah.. nor are we in most places.. but we're wanting to take the leep again and try it
08:41 magnuse       ashimema: the packages add the memcached config to the apache site configs
08:42 magnuse       http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=debian/templates/apache-site.conf.in
08:42 magnuse       so i assume that is the correct place :-)
08:51 cait          @later tell atheia part of the presentations is linked now http://www.bsz-bw.de/bibliothekssysteme/vufind/2015.html
08:51 huginn        cait: The operation succeeded.
09:09 ashimema      'tis his day off today ;)
09:09 ashimema      back tomorrow
09:09 ashimema      cheers magnuse
09:09 ashimema      @wunder stevenage, uk
09:09 huginn        ashimema: The current temperature in Stevenage, England, Stevenage, United Kingdom is 9.7°C (10:09 AM BST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
09:10 ashimema      possitively tropical ;)
09:15 magnuse       @wunder boo
09:15 huginn        magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 9.0°C (11:00 AM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 98%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Rising).
09:15 * magnuse     too
09:18 cait          @wunder Konstanz
09:18 huginn        cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 7.0°C (11:00 AM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
09:23 magnuse       cait: it's warmer in the arctic ;-)
09:24 cait          hmpf
09:24 cait          i think even first snow in some parts of germany today
09:27 magnuse       we have had snow on the peaks for a while now
09:38 cait          Joubu++
09:45 ashimema      snow on the peaks.. that makes me want to go skiing again.. it's been too long :(
09:47 Joubu         ashimema: Where do you go skiing in England?
09:48 ashimema      I don't.. I head out to the alps ;)
09:48 ashimema      though there is 'some' skiing in Scotland
09:48 Joubu         ha :)
09:48 ashimema      none in England as far as I'm aware.. except for the dry slopes and snow domes ;)
09:59 drojf         hi #koha
10:30 cait          hi drojf
10:30 magnuse       moin drojf
10:46 Balvis        is there any way to migrate the database from libsys 4 to koha?I have ubuntu 14.04  with Koha installed in it.
10:59 drojf         Balvis: google shows several good hits for libsys and koha. i don't know libsys myself
11:18 * cait        waves
11:24 * magnuse     waves too
11:26 magnuse       andreashm: will we meet you tomorrow, or do you arrive early on friday?
11:28 andreashm     magnuse: I arrive early(ish) friday.
11:29 magnuse       ah, cool
11:29 * magnuse     wonders how many will be staying at the hotel from thursday to friday
11:43 cait          me me me
11:43 cait          :)
11:46 magnuse       me me me too
11:46 magnuse       where's Viktor when you need him :-)
12:40 Joubu         tcohen: around?
12:42 Joubu         tcohen: I have sent you a pull request on kohadevbox:ansible
12:42 Joubu         and I have spent last hour with Laurent (sysop's biblibre) to try and fix the cgi->url issue (using Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxyPath)
12:43 Joubu         but we failed, it should work, but it does not
12:43 Joubu         Do you remember why we use unix socket for Plack?
12:45 jcamins       Joubu: ports can't be named.
12:46 jcamins       (so multiple instances is harder)
12:46 Joubu         jcamins: to support several instances, that's it?
12:46 Joubu         yes ok, thanks
12:47 jcamins       That's why I did it, at least.
12:56 Joubu         tcohen: have a look at last note of bug 15005, SCRIPT_NAME works :)
12:56 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15005 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , (Plack) Use of SCRIPT_NAME makes Koha generate wrong URIs
13:11 tcohen        morning everyoen
13:11 tcohen        Joubu: I didn't manage to make Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxyPath work as expected
13:11 tcohen        I suspect a bug in Apache's mod_proxy (on UDS) but I'm not sure
13:12 tcohen        and jcamins is right
13:12 tcohen        about why to use UDS
13:12 tcohen        hi andreashm
13:12 andreashm     hi tcohen
13:13 andreashm     is anyone actually using kohadevbox on windows? we are having trouble setting that up.
13:13 tcohen        andreashm: which branch?
13:13 wahanui       it has been said that which branch is HEAD in this statement?
13:14 andreashm     (also with mac there is some new errors... something about the vagrant box having a different name than the one requested)
13:15 andreashm     tcohen: are there several branches?
13:15 andreashm     tcohen: cloned from the kohadevbox repo
13:15 andreashm     digibib/kohadevbox
13:16 tcohen        andreashm: there is a revamped kohadevbox
13:16 tcohen        which was created so we can test the plack integration into the packages
13:16 tcohen        for 3.22
13:16 andreashm     ah, that might explain the errors.
13:16 andreashm     where do we clone that from?
13:17 tcohen        it is a general purpose kohadevbox, but it was started to make it easier to test plack for the 3.22 release
13:17 tcohen        just checkout the 'ansible' branch
13:17 tcohen        from the same repo instead of master :-D
13:17 andreashm     ok
13:17 tcohen        but let me apply a pull request from Joubu first
13:18 andreashm     ok, part 2. =)
13:18 andreashm     we're not working on it right now. but good to know.
13:18 tcohen        check the README, as it needs ansible to be installed
13:20 andreashm     ok thanks
13:47 nengard       cait if you get a sec can you read our questions on http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14377
13:47 huginn        04Bug 14377: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wsalesky, Failed QA , Indicate that a record is suppressed in staff client
13:49 cait          done
13:49 cait          nengard: i think we don't need a pref
13:49 cait          as Koha knows the value - we just need to look it up
13:56 cait          brendan-bag?
13:57 brendan-bag   Hi
13:57 * brendan-bag on the bus
13:58 cait          so it's bus-bag :)
13:58 brendan-bag   Ha
14:02 barton        morning all!
14:02 barton        here for the dev meeting.
14:03 cait          oh right that's now
14:03 cait          tcohen: ?
14:03 cait          do you want to chair?
14:05 cait          tcohen: ping
14:06 tcohen        hi
14:06 cait          can you chair today?
14:06 * tcohen      was preparing a big cup of coffee
14:06 tcohen        cait: of course
14:06 cait          i need to run around here a bit - and that would not work well with being chair :)
14:06 barton        #info big cup of coffee sounds awesome.
14:07 * tcohen      just found a bug :-/
14:07 barton        ^^ purposfully playing around with #info, just because I know we haven't started yet :-)\
14:08 tcohen        #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 October 2015 - part 1
14:08 huginn        Meeting started Wed Oct 14 14:08:29 2015 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:08 huginn        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:08 huginn        The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_1'
14:08 tcohen        #topic Introductions
14:08 wahanui       #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:08 tcohen        #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:08 nengard       #info Nicole C Engard, ByWater Solutions
14:08 tcohen        please introduce yourselves like that ^^^^
14:09 jajm          #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:09 ColinC        #info Colin Campbell PTFS-Europe
14:09 khall         #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:09 andreashm     #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
14:09 barton        #info Barton Chittenden, ByWater Solutions
14:09 brendan-bag   Brendan Gallagher ByWater
14:10 tcohen        will wait one more minute
14:10 brendan-bag   #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
14:10 cait          #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
14:11 tcohen        time
14:11 tcohen        #topic RM 3.22 comments
14:12 Joubu         #info Jonathan Druart
14:12 tcohen        first of all, I want to apologize for the lag on the PQA queue
14:12 tcohen        it has become more and more difficult to keep the pace on such big developments
14:13 cait          tcohen++ looking better then the NQA ;)
14:13 tcohen        testing them and making sure everything is ironed for the users worldwide
14:13 tcohen        and having a life appart from that
14:13 tcohen        heh
14:13 nengard       tcohen I thought RMs weren't allowed to have lives? ;)
14:14 tcohen        I'm happy with how things have been doing overall, but I know it is frustrating to see
14:14 nengard       tcohen++
14:14 tcohen        your work lag even when it was perr-review by several people
14:14 tcohen        i think that will happen, always
14:14 tcohen        because the RM position is very demanding
14:15 tcohen        and it should be (somehow) funded so people can do it full time
14:15 tcohen        just my two cents for the project's future
14:15 brendan-bag   Here hear
14:15 khall         tcohen++
14:15 brendan-bag   Trying for that we are
14:15 nengard       tcohen++
14:16 tcohen        by 'funded' I mean that support companies should bring someone from their team to do it on work-hours
14:16 tcohen        or whatever suits the community's possibilities at some point
14:16 barton        btw, agenda at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_14_October_2015
14:16 tcohen        i'm not complaining at all, I really enjoyed this, but it got more difficult than I expecetd
14:16 tcohen        so
14:17 tcohen        that was the "RM" bit
14:17 tcohen        now the "3.22 comments" part :-P
14:17 tcohen        some big stuff has been pushed recently
14:18 tcohen        file-upload capabilities and refactoring
14:18 marcelr       #info Marcel de Rooy
14:18 tcohen        OAI implementation changes
14:18 Joubu         bug 14321
14:18 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Merge UploadedFile and UploadedFiles into Koha::Upload
14:19 tcohen        that one requires ironing the deployment: i.e. we need to set a default upload_path
14:19 marcelr       bug 14893
14:19 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Separate temporary storage per instance in Upload.pm
14:19 tcohen        overall things are pretty stable, even though jenkins is failing
14:20 tcohen        #info tcohen asks patch authors to take care of things being broken on jenkins, might be your fault!
14:20 tcohen        anyway
14:21 tcohen        I repeat myself, but we need more teseting on koha-plack, that's the purpose of teh kohadevbox:ansible branch
14:21 tcohen        Jonathan has been working on a couple problems we found
14:21 tcohen        Joubu++
14:21 cait          #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_14_October_2015
14:21 cait          Joubu++
14:21 tcohen        but the fact is that we are a month and a half away from the release and there is no evidence
14:22 tcohen        people have been testing the plack integration on the packages
14:22 Joubu         bug 15005
14:22 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15005 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , (Plack) Use of SCRIPT_NAME makes Koha generate wrong URIs
14:22 bag           back
14:23 tcohen        #info bug 15005 is really tricky to solve, with possible integration issues, and requires expert eyes
14:24 tcohen        we have enough time to iron things out, but we will need to focus on this things
14:24 tcohen        #action tcohen volunteers to help people set a suitable test environment for anywant willing to spend a couple minutes testing plack
14:24 Joubu         stress session?
14:25 tcohen        ah, that
14:25 wahanui       ah, that is just to say that everything should be on one line
14:25 tcohen        #info ByWater has provided a VM with external access, in which we will set a Koha+plack install so we can do stress tests on it
14:25 tcohen        bywater++
14:26 tcohen        questions?
14:26 wahanui       questions are good :)
14:26 Joubu         when?
14:26 tcohen        i can set everything up tomorrow morning
14:27 tcohen        #action tcohen will send an email to the devel list with data about the koha-common+plack server
14:27 Joubu         we need as many people as possible, to simulate a normal circulation/search/etc. workflow
14:28 tcohen        questions about 3.22?
14:28 Joubu         It would be preferable to push 15005 before the stress session
14:28 Joubu         yes, do you plan to push the ES work?
14:28 tcohen        Joubu: I didn't realized you already provided the needed followups for ->url
14:29 Joubu         and bug 11559?
14:29 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Professional cataloger's interface
14:29 Joubu         and the REST api "base"
14:29 nengard       Would love to see ^^ in 3.22
14:29 andreashm     us too
14:30 tcohen        I tested it and it has issues, but it can be pushed as it is an opt-in, once it gets PQA
14:30 tcohen        (rancor)
14:30 Joubu         I need to know the priorities to focus my work for the next month
14:30 tcohen        I don't think the ES work will make it
14:30 bag           imo ES needs more testing, I’ve tested it and I’ve got it set up,
14:31 tcohen        I think the REST work should be pushed if we generate the needed patches for integrating with the packages
14:31 tcohen        that's my opinion
14:31 bag           bug number for need patches?
14:31 bag           bug 13799
14:31 wahanui       it has been said that bug 13799 is ready to go in master, if nobody complains about it
14:31 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13799 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Add base for building RESTful API
14:31 Joubu         I have not willing to see 13799 pushed without any guidelines
14:31 tcohen        I welcomed ashimema's followups, I guess we just need to solve minor issues right now
14:32 ashimema      :)
14:32 Joubu         I thing we need to see discussion (yes again) on bug 14974 before
14:32 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Use the REST API for cities
14:32 ashimema      ooh.. meeting..
14:32 wahanui       meeting is probably in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
14:32 ashimema      oops
14:32 tcohen        ashimema++
14:32 ashimema      #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:33 ashimema      agree with Joubu.. we're getting there with the rest stuff.. but I'd like to see some concrete examples and guidlines around implimenting controllers for it
14:33 tcohen        I think ashimema's comment on 13799 should be the basis for those guidelines
14:33 ashimema      so we get adoption going.
14:33 Joubu         code please!
14:33 ashimema      I know khall, joubu and I are all working on some examples
14:34 Joubu         mine is submitted, I don't plan to do more
14:34 * ashimema    goes off to remind himself of the comment
14:34 ashimema      :)
14:34 ashimema      I'm trying to find some time for my angualr guy to attack it
14:35 tcohen        so you think we need guidelines on how the UI should use the REST api to accept it pushed?
14:35 Joubu         (definitely)
14:35 tcohen        or just guidelines on how to build the controllers?
14:35 ashimema      not exactly.. I'd love to see some..
14:36 ashimema      but I do think we need some clear guidelines on how controllers should be coded.. or rather spec'd
14:36 tcohen        i don't think we need more than guidelines on the controllers code
14:36 ashimema      it's important to build good specs with swagger.. else allot of the 'win' from using it is lost..
14:36 Joubu         I'd like to see alternative patches suggested on 14974, to do exactly the same things as mine
14:36 tcohen        becuase otherwise we should make a decision on the UI tools (angular?) before we can have a REST api
14:36 ashimema      the current specs are too sparse in terms of the requests and responses are not schema'd up..
14:37 Joubu         what's the point to have a "rest api base" if we don't know how to use/improve it?
14:37 ashimema      i.e there is currently no validation going on before and after the controller code runs to varify what you 'think' you are getting in is what you actually are..
14:37 ashimema      and vica versa
14:37 ashimema      UI wise, i think that's the next step.. hopefulyl closely behind..
14:38 Joubu         Better than specs, I'd prefer some code
14:38 ashimema      I think getting the server level into master sooner rather than later good.. but also think before full release we need the ui examples and documentation in too
14:38 ashimema      does that make sense
14:39 tcohen        if we had a technical comitee, with schedules to make decisions I'd say we should wait for that
14:40 tcohen        but we don't, we make decisions in places like this meeting
14:40 tcohen        and mostly with code, provided by people that actually work on the implementations
14:40 bag           that’s so true
14:40 bag           catch 22
14:41 tcohen        i'm happy with extracting martin's comments on how we should split the swagger file, and his guidelines on the types we need to choose for things
14:41 tcohen        and consider that, and Julian's implementation something close to a guideline
14:41 bag           seems reasonable
14:41 tcohen        but I accept that we might not agree on that
14:42 tcohen        I read Jonathan's implementation, and if it complied with martin's recommendation, I'd push it too :-P
14:42 tcohen        well, I'm not sure about the UI part
14:42 tcohen        but the controller and backend, yes
14:43 Joubu         Where is Julian's implementation?
14:43 tcohen        I'll close this topic, as we moved to the next one (REST :-D)
14:44 tcohen        but first, I'd like to set feature slush for 23rd October
14:45 tcohen        questions about feature slush
14:45 tcohen        ?
14:46 Joubu         In the bug reports linked to the "api base" I don't see a guideline on how using the REST api from Koha scripts
14:46 Joubu         it's pretty soon :)
14:47 marcelr       how do you explicitly define feature slush ?
14:47 tcohen        the point were things that things that are not PQA are not *elegible* for poshing
14:47 ashimema      I'll post the promised followups ot the rest bug shortly
14:48 ashimema      just writing them now
14:48 bag           sweet thanks ashimema
14:48 ashimema      (found a bug in swagger2 lib which i'm fixing first.. hense the slow down)
14:48 nengard       So we need everything that is signed off passed qa by the 23rd or else it won't be in 3.22?
14:48 nengard       Got it
14:48 marcelr       no this is about new features only
14:48 * ashimema    has been writing tests furiosly for the Mojo Swagger2 lib the past few weeks.. to make sure feature we are using don't go away ;)
14:49 ashimema      feature slush good :)
14:49 nengard       oh good to know marcelr
14:49 tcohen        i'm moving it November 26th, because people tend to work hard before the feature slush, and no point setting it to a friday when I'm not going to have time to push things
14:49 marcelr       tcohen: and enhancements?
14:49 khall         ashimema++
14:49 tcohen        ashimema++
14:50 marcelr       October 26th i guess
14:50 tcohen        ah, yes, thanks marcelr
14:50 tcohen        #info feature slush is October 26th
14:51 tcohen        marcelr: I'm not sure, I guess small enhancements are not a problem, those that look more like a feature are
14:51 marcelr       clear enough
14:52 tcohen        in the end, it will depend on how much time I can spend on this, because I will be focusing on ironing things
14:52 tcohen        unless people start seriously testing and let me spend more time pushing :-P
14:53 tcohen        the next topic is the REST api implementation
14:53 tcohen        #topic RESTful API Implementation
14:54 Joubu         tcohen: you can count me in #testing
14:54 tcohen        about bug 13799, I expected that Julian and Martin explained us the implementation details/decisions, and then Martin's followups, with the aim to have a general idea of those guidelines
14:54 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13799 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Add base for building RESTful API
14:54 tcohen        thanks Joubu
14:55 tcohen        is there any volunteer that could extract that information from the bug so we start a wiki for those "guidelines"?
14:55 Joubu         and code? :)
14:55 khall         what guidelines are we looking for?
14:55 khall         to add new services to the api, using the api, or both
14:56 Joubu         both
14:56 tcohen        my opinion is that we need the first
14:56 tcohen        as mandatory
14:56 khall         agreed.
14:56 ashimema      I can write some guidelines based around using the swagger stuff meaningfully
14:56 tcohen        we don't even have angular pushed to master
14:56 ashimema      and write some examples too
14:56 khall         I'll create the wiki page if ashimema and Joubu can go through and tweak it
14:57 cait          back...
14:57 ashimema      the clientside I'm less up to speed on and am honestly not entirely sure of the best aproach as yet..
14:57 Joubu         khall: I have no idea on how to use it and I am not involved in the discussion from the beginning, so not me :)
14:57 khall         agreed, the backend is far more important at this point
14:57 tcohen        the guidelines should cover:
14:57 ashimema      would like to see some angualr based stuff sooner rather than later.. and to see some non-blocking async calls going on.. we're really nto very good at async calls yet
14:57 khall         Joubu: np!
14:58 tcohen        - how to structure the controller scripts
14:58 tcohen        - how to make decisions on the endpoint naming, etc
14:58 khall         ashimema: a wiki page on that would be good
14:58 ashimema      k.. khall and I will tag team writing that page :)
14:58 tcohen        - how to organize the swagger files
14:58 khall         with good and bad examples
14:58 ashimema      certainly ;)
14:58 ashimema      we have some nasty blocks in the few places (the patrons search page in the staff cleint is very blocky currently)
14:59 ashimema      I'll do the controllers + swagger guidlines first..
14:59 ashimema      then move onto utilising them clientside (with help of my tame angular dev)
14:59 khall         ashimema: that sounds most excellent
15:00 ashimema      :)
15:00 tcohen        #info Jonathan worked on his own REST implementation test-drive on bug 14974, please, Mojo/Swagger/REST experts take a look and provide feedback
15:00 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Use the REST API for cities
15:00 ashimema      sorry guys.. my auth maintainer hat is beign put down for a while whilst this api stuff goes through the motions ;)
15:00 ashimema      only so many hours in a day
15:01 bag           :)
15:01 tcohen        ashimema: we forgive you, if you help us have those guidelines :-D
15:01 pianohacker   hallo
15:02 tcohen        pianohacker: just in time, we said next one to login was the volunteer
15:02 pianohacker   uh oh
15:02 khall         lol
15:02 pianohacker   volunteer for what? Finishing full port to dbic?
15:02 ashimema      :)
15:02 * ashimema    would love full dbic port.. (and a cleaner db schema to boot)
15:03 tcohen        pianohacker: yes, but we need a full rewrite of all the things too, thanks for volunteering!
15:03 pianohacker   oh, cool
15:03 pianohacker   in perl 6 of course
15:04 tcohen        pianohacker: yes, but needs to be backwards compatible
15:04 pianohacker   with python? Can do!
15:04 tcohen        back to perl 5.6
15:04 pianohacker   man, I thought you were volunteering me for something HARD
15:04 tcohen        ok, so can I put actions?
15:05 ashimema      go for it
15:06 tcohen        #action Kyle volunteers to start a wiki page for the REST guidelines
15:06 tcohen        #action Martin volunteers to polish some Controller / Swagger guidelines for the REST implementation
15:07 Joubu         and code/example, someone?
15:07 * Joubu       has the impression that he is repeating himself
15:08 tcohen        action pianohacker volunteers to take a look and comment on 14974
15:08 tcohen        :-P
15:08 pianohacker   good to know!
15:08 tcohen        if you accept I'll add the dash
15:08 bag           yes
15:08 pianohacker   oh yeah can do
15:08 tcohen        #action pianohacker volunteers to take a look and comment on 14974
15:08 bag           excellent
15:08 tcohen        pianohacker++
15:09 tcohen        ashimema: please comment on anything you need, or whatever I/we can help with regarding the docs
15:10 tcohen        and thanks
15:10 tcohen        moving on
15:11 ashimema      will also try to do some code example Joubu.. to go with the docs
15:13 bag           sweet
15:15 ashimema      :)
15:16 tcohen        ok, sorry, had my boss asking me about my work :-/
15:17 tcohen        (DSpace things)
15:17 tcohen        #topic 'Big stuff we are working on'
15:17 Joubu         tcohen: You don't do anything at work, just surfing on facebook, everybody knows that
15:17 tcohen        yeah
15:17 * tcohen      seriously things his boss belives so
15:18 ashimema      so.. Bug stuffs?
15:18 ashimema      s/Bug/Bug
15:19 pianohacker   Working on rancor atm, but I think that's already been discussed
15:19 * tcohen      suspects the guidelines will be full of typos
15:19 tcohen        :-P
15:19 bag           HA
15:20 tcohen        pianohacker: yeap
15:20 tcohen        ok, moving on
15:20 tcohen        #topic Specific bugs that need feedback
15:21 tcohen        #info please take a look at tests failing on jenkins, specially if your patches might be guilty
15:21 pianohacker   tcohen: at least one of the jenkins build failures seemed to be due to DB connection issues
15:21 tcohen        I'd also like to ask the QA team to give packages-related patches some priority
15:22 * ashimema    is terrible at holding conversations in multiple windows and managing to stave off the typo's too
15:22 tcohen        pianohacker: thanks, will check (on that free time I have heheh)
15:22 * Joubu       missed the big bugs stuffs...
15:22 tcohen        Joubu: only rancor was mentioned
15:22 Joubu         we absolutely need to test 13618
15:22 tcohen        would you like to add something?
15:22 Joubu         because I won't rebase it for months!
15:22 pianohacker   tcohen: you find any of that "free time" stuff, make sure to share your source
15:22 pianohacker   bug 13618
15:22 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13618 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
15:22 barton        tcohen: silly question, but where do I look to see if one of my patches has broken jenkins? is 'prove' enough?
15:23 Joubu         and I have provided a quick patch on bug 14778, because it was blocker for everybody
15:23 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14778 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Get rid of DBIx::Connector
15:23 Joubu         now there is a patch
15:23 Joubu         and nobody cares
15:23 pianohacker   barton: there's a link in the email that takes you to the jenkins site, and you can see the test output there
15:23 tcohen        jenkins is sending emails to patch authors since it started failing
15:24 tcohen        it doesn't know what patch broke things
15:24 tcohen        (i.e. is not bisecting the git repo)
15:24 pianohacker   Joubu: how sure are we that bug 13618 covers all the areas that output HTML?
15:25 pianohacker   Joubu: and I think everyone very much cares but has no idea what is wrong
15:25 Joubu         no way to know
15:25 reiveune      bye
15:25 Joubu         if we don't manage to make DBI::Mock works, since kick it out
15:26 Joubu         s/since/then
15:26 tcohen        Joubu: I agree
15:26 pianohacker   does TestBuilder at least partially remove the need for it?
15:26 Joubu         ye
15:26 Joubu         yes
15:26 tcohen        hmm
15:27 Joubu         say yes
15:27 Joubu         more or less
15:27 tcohen        I think there is a conflict
15:27 Joubu         but the tests using the DB Mock are not very useful
15:27 tcohen        because TestBuilder is used for 'integration tests', in the sense that they need data on the DB, and things like that
15:27 tcohen        Unit tests on t/ should actually mock everything+}
15:28 tcohen        the fact that we are reaching DBIx::Class on some tests that are mocking DBI, is a symptom that we have mixed things too much
15:28 Joubu         the tests using it could cover more use cases if they were DB dpes
15:28 Joubu         deps
15:28 tcohen        I'd say we shouldn't be using DBI::Mock on t/db_dependent
15:28 pianohacker   there's only 6 tests that use DBD::Mock, but 4 of them (Koha, Biblio, Calendar and Members/cardnumber) are non-db-dependent
15:29 Joubu         pianohacker: did you test the patchset on a customer's server?
15:29 * ashimema    is catching back up
15:29 pianohacker   Joubu: no, the site where we were experiencing issues has gone quiet for reasons we don't entirely understand :/
15:29 Joubu         pianohacker: I have much more occurrences
15:30 Joubu         t/Acquisition/Invoice.t for instance
15:30 tcohen        pianohacker: every test file that uses t::lib::Mocks
15:30 pianohacker   ohhhh, shoot.
15:30 tcohen        the problem is mixing things
15:32 John          Johnster
15:32 tcohen        ok
15:33 tcohen        #info 14778 is very important and needs urgent feedback
15:33 Joubu         Note that it's not important for me :)
15:33 ashimema      also on my todo pile is that bug ;)
15:33 ashimema      'tis for me
15:33 John          I'm just happy that I got an install up and running--with one notable exception!
15:34 ashimema      but need to get the customers test server up to date before I can get them to test it
15:34 tcohen        thanks ashimema
15:34 Brooke        o/
15:35 tcohen        ok, I think it is time to move on
15:35 tcohen        #topic Set time of next meeting
15:36 tcohen        #info there will be at least one more dev meeting, tcohen might call for a topic-specific dev meeting if there is something urgent that needs feedback
15:36 tcohen        #info please communicate fluently regarding bugs and things that might hit the next release
15:37 tcohen        thanks everyone for attending and specially for volunteering, you all rock
15:38 nengard       thanks tcohen
15:38 tcohen        #endmeeting
15:38 huginn        Meeting ended Wed Oct 14 15:38:05 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:38 huginn        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_1.2015-10-14-14.08.html
15:38 huginn        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_1.2015-10-14-14.08.txt
15:38 huginn        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_1.2015-10-14-14.08.log.html
15:38 bag           thanks
15:38 Joubu         thanks tcohen
15:38 Joubu         Muchas gracias!
15:39 khall         indeed!
15:39 tcohen        vous êtes les bienvenus ?
15:39 Joubu         au contraire
15:39 tcohen        literal translation
15:39 wahanui       tcohen: translation =is= translate.koha-community.org
15:39 tcohen        heheh
15:39 tcohen        au contraire!
15:39 ashimema      cheers
15:39 Joubu         de nada == de rien
15:39 tcohen        de rien
15:39 Joubu         use Spanish instead of English to translate French :)
15:39 Joubu         to
15:40 tcohen        true .-D
15:43 tcohen        ok
15:45 Brooke        you should just use Arnaud. One less articulation. ;)
15:46 tcohen        hi Brooke
15:46 Brooke        what's up?
15:46 tcohen        lunch time here
15:46 tcohen        so pretty hungry
15:46 Brooke        yeah, I just had a steak quesadilla.
15:47 Brooke        if you are at home, I know that there are plenty of good places you could theoretically eat :D
15:47 Joubu         so pretty thirsty
15:47 * Joubu       heads to the pub
15:47 Joubu         bye
15:49 Brooke        see you!
15:55 ashimema      where abouts in scouseland are you Joubu..?
15:55 * ashimema    wonders if he knows the pub ;)
16:19 mveron        Good evening / daytime #koha
16:26 drojf         hi mveron
16:27 mveron        hi drojf :-)
16:28 drojf         how are things going in allschwil?
16:48 mveron        drojf: Sorry, was diving into a bg...   Hmm, it's getting colder:
16:48 mveron        @wunder Alslchwil
16:48 huginn        mveron: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
16:48 mveron        @wunder Allschwil
16:49 huginn        mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 7.0°C (6:30 PM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
16:51 mveron        drojf: Loads of work and a little bit tired. I try to clean up some bugs from the C4::Dates series...
16:51 mveron        drojf: And in Berlin?
16:58 mveron        @wunder Berlin
16:58 huginn        mveron: Error: No such location could be found.
16:58 mveron        @wunder Berlin, GErmany
16:58 huginn        mveron: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 7.0°C (6:50 PM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
17:07 drojf         @wunder berlin, germany
17:07 huginn        drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 7.0°C (6:50 PM CEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
17:07 drojf         mveron: got really cold here too
17:08 drojf         and tired ;) hope to have time for some bugs next week. lots of other things coming in the way
17:09 mveron        drojf: Tomorrow I'm invited to "Schreck am See", we will have to walk up the mountain, they expect snow there...
17:09 mveron        www.schreckamsee.ch
17:11 drojf         "Himmlische Genüsse und höllische  Gefühle" sounds like fun :D
17:11 tcohen        @wunder cordoba, argentina
17:11 huginn        tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Altos de San Martin - NW, Cordoba city, Cordoba City, Argentina is 32.2°C (2:10 PM ART on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 34%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.53 in 1000 hPa (Falling).
17:11 tcohen        @seen Joubu
17:11 huginn        tcohen: Joubu was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 24 minutes, and 13 seconds ago: <Joubu> bye
17:11 drojf         @wunder thessaloniki
17:11 huginn        drojf: The current temperature in Thessaloniki, Greece is 18.0°C (7:50 PM EEST on October 14, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
17:12 tcohen        @seen marlcelr
17:12 huginn        tcohen: I have not seen marlcelr.
17:12 tcohen        huginn: you know what I meant
17:12 huginn        tcohen: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
17:12 tcohen        @seen marcelr
17:12 huginn        tcohen: marcelr was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 20 minutes, and 55 seconds ago: <marcelr> clear enough
17:46 * cait        waves
17:46 * pianohacker ckab sevaw
17:47 cait          huh?
17:51 pianohacker   ti tuoba kniht
17:51 liw           hyvää syntymättömyyspäivää kohalle
17:52 pianohacker   ilo Koha li pona
17:56 * magnuse     waves in norwegian
17:56 magnuse       is/was there a meeting today?
17:57 cait          yes  and  yes i think
17:57 cait          missed it too - too busy
17:58 cait          ut there should be another in 3 hours i think
18:03 magnuse       ok
18:04 magnuse       yup, 3 hours until the next one: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_14_October_2015
18:20 tcohen        magnuse: we volunteered you for package maintenance
18:20 tcohen        and you even agreed!
19:04 * cait        struggles packing for an overnight trip
19:09 tcohen        bye #koha
19:09 rangi         i heard whispers gmcharlt might do package stuff?
19:09 tcohen        hehe, that'd be awesome!
19:09 gmcharlt      rangi: eythian caught me in a weak moment
19:09 rangi         heh
19:10 tcohen        gmcharlt++
19:15 cait          gmcharlt: can you package my bag for tomorrow too? :)
19:19 liw           cait, do you have a packing list? are you trying to stuff too much into the bag? are you filling a suitcase with salmiakki candy and have no space for clothes?
19:21 rangi         heh
19:22 liw           (http://liw.fi/travel/ is my checklist)
19:22 cait          heh
19:22 cait          I only have hand luggage and no idea what to wear - typical problems i guess :)
19:23 liw           (http://files.liw.fi/temp/suitcase.jpg is my suitcase half-filled with salmiakki candy)
19:23 cait          i am travelling to sweden...
19:23 cait          wonder what is the typical thing there :)
19:24 rangi         fish
19:24 liw           http://www.onebag.com/ is one of the sites that turned me from a panic-attacky travel-hater to someone who just hates airlines and airplanes and airports
19:24 rangi         swedish fish
19:24 cait          liw: my suitcases to kohacon usually look somewhat like this - but with chocolates
19:24 cait          heh
19:24 liw           cait, the top right quadrant is salmiakki chocolate :)
19:24 cait          interesting!
19:24 wahanui       interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:29 bag           :)
19:29 cait          not sure about this case wahanui
19:32 gmcharlt      cait: bag tends to wriggle a lot whenever I try to package him
19:32 gmcharlt      ;)
19:34 cait          lol
19:34 bag           ;)
19:34 cait          i guess now we found out what the problem is
19:36 cait          bag might be too heavy for hand luggage... only 8kg
19:36 bag           I’m trying :)  getting closer
19:37 cait          liw: your electronics list is very telling :)
19:38 cait          bag: i hope not :)
19:39 liw           cait, I get really annoyed if I forget to bring, say, a charger with me :)
19:41 cait          understandable :)
19:41 cait          i have to leave my laptop behind - i thurts
19:42 cait          it hurts
19:44 liw           what's the point of travelling to faraway lands if I can't go hide in a hotel room and talk on irc all the time?
19:44 cait          it's too heavy, i have a smaller one from work to take with me
19:44 cait          but it's just not the same :)
19:45 cait          and no koha on it to play with!
20:13 pianohacker   brain is hurt, when is dev meeting part 2?
20:16 cait          45 mins
20:17 pianohacker   thanks cait
20:17 Francesca     @wunder wlg
20:17 huginn        Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0°C (9:00 AM NZDT on October 15, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
20:17 rangi         im gonna be in a meeting with clients
20:44 tcohen        hi
21:05 wnickc        meeting?
21:05 wahanui       i think meeting is in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
21:07 cait          oh i tihnk so
21:07 cait          tcohen: i haven't read back yet :(
21:08 tcohen        hi everyone
21:09 eythian       hi
21:09 wahanui       hi, eythian
21:09 tcohen        #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 October 2015 - part 2
21:09 huginn        Meeting started Wed Oct 14 21:09:44 2015 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:09 huginn        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:09 huginn        The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_2'
21:09 tcohen        #topic Introductions
21:09 wahanui       #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:10 cait          #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
21:10 eythian       #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, NZ
21:10 tcohen        #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
21:10 wnickc        #info Nick Clemens, VOKAL Consortium
21:10 tcohen        ok, a couple more minutes just in case anyone else is around
21:11 mtompset      Greetings, #koha.
21:11 mtompset      Who is the 3.20.x maintainer again?
21:11 tcohen        his name is Chris Cormack
21:11 cait          heh
21:11 tcohen        heh
21:11 mtompset      vi /t/db_dependent/Circulation.t
21:12 eythian       never heard of him
21:12 mtompset      -- /<<<<<
21:12 tcohen        ah. merge conflict markers?
21:12 mtompset      Yes
21:12 mtompset      Is there a patch for that?
21:12 tcohen        we are beginning a meeting
21:13 mtompset      Oh, is this the second one?
21:13 tcohen        mtompset: I think he can do a quick and dirty followup if you leave him a @later
21:13 cait          meeting? :)
21:14 tcohen        #topic RM 3.22 comments
21:14 mtompset      @later tell rangi t/db_dependent/Circulation.t has merge conflict markers in it. Shall I put patch up on bugzilla?
21:14 huginn        mtompset: The operation succeeded.
21:14 mtompset      #info Mark Tompsett
21:14 tcohen        did you all read the logs?
21:15 * cait        hides
21:15 tcohen        (of course you did)
21:15 mtompset      Not yet.
21:15 eythian       http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_1.2015-10-14-14.08.log.html <-- in case you need to
21:15 tcohen        ok, I apologized to people with patches on the PQA queue
21:15 pianohacker   no wizzyrea?
21:15 wahanui       i guess no wizzyrea is not.
21:15 tcohen        read the logs for that, i apologize, that's it
21:15 eythian       pianohacker: no, she's busy this morning
21:16 pianohacker   curses :/
21:16 tcohen        I forgot (again)
21:16 eythian       she'll be back in the arvo most likely
21:16 tcohen        #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting_14_October_2015
21:16 tcohen        that's the agenda
21:16 pianohacker   arvo?
21:16 pianohacker   afternoon?
21:16 wahanui       i heard afternoon was good
21:16 eythian       yeah
21:16 eythian       lrn2english ;)
21:16 tcohen        ok, meeting
21:16 pianohacker   wahanui: arvo is afternoon
21:16 wahanui       OK, pianohacker.
21:17 mtj           #info Mason James, NZ
21:17 mtj           hi folks
21:17 tcohen        3.22 is in good shape, some minor issues are raised by jenkins (devs, please take a look just in case is your fault or just want to fix something to feel good)
21:18 tcohen        my main concern is the lack of testing the plack integration into the packages has
21:18 tcohen        we can always put a big note saying "try at your own risk", but I think it is worth investing time on this last sprint
21:19 tcohen        we've even set a kohadevbox:ansible branch so people can test it out of the box
21:19 cait          tcohen++
21:19 eythian       I'll see about giving it a review if I get the chance
21:19 eythian       (I'll try to make the chance)
21:19 tcohen        the main outstanding issues are integration issues
21:20 tcohen        there seems to be a problem with headers, that ends  with Koha generating wrong links
21:20 tcohen        see bug 15005
21:20 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15005 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , (Plack) Use of SCRIPT_NAME makes Koha generate wrong URIs
21:20 mtompset      are you talking about a branch on Magnus' kohadev box git?
21:20 tcohen        it is tricky to solve
21:20 tcohen        mtompset: exactly
21:20 tcohen        #link http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.education.libraries.koha.devel/12362
21:21 mtompset      I do have Magnus' kohadevbox. I haven't touched it lately. :)
21:22 tcohen        this kohadevbox branch just does things simpler (in some way)
21:22 tcohen        and lets koha-plack handle the plack configuration/management
21:22 tcohen        so it is more suitable for testing the plack integration on the packages
21:22 tcohen        without breaking peoples' kohadevbox which everyone loves
21:22 tcohen        ok?
21:23 * cait        nods
21:23 tcohen        i'm not pushing for this specific kohadevbox now, I'm just saying that it is the easiest way to test the plack integration
21:23 mtompset      But isn't the kohadevbox meant for breaking? :)
21:24 tcohen        they don't have feature-parity so in some scenarios it doesn't replace the original one, ok?
21:24 tcohen        we could, eventually, who knows, do it, but is not the point right now
21:24 tcohen        patches are accepted (jonathan already contributed fixes)
21:25 tcohen        anyway, please test plack, and help us figure how to solve bug 15005
21:25 tcohen        you will earns cookies from jcamins
21:25 tcohen        which are the best
21:25 tcohen        ever
21:25 tcohen        questions?
21:25 wahanui       questions are good :)
21:26 cait          you mentioned a bywater server for testing plack in the other meeting?
21:26 tcohen        ah, yes
21:26 bag           yes
21:26 * cait        was waiting for that heh
21:26 tcohen        ByWater provided a server in which we will do some stress tests
21:27 tcohen        i'll send an email to the list once it is set
21:27 tcohen        (expect it for tomorrow morning)
21:27 tcohen        if there aren't any more questions...
21:27 tcohen        - please test master
21:28 tcohen        - please test the plack integration
21:28 tcohen        - please fix all the bugs
21:28 tcohen        :-D
21:28 bag           in reverse order
21:28 cait          i might be able to do some stress testing while travelling, I iwll try
21:28 cait          it's just... try all the things work right?
21:28 cait          just...
21:28 eythian       that's all, not hard :)
21:28 liz           hi
21:28 wahanui       kia ora, liz
21:28 cait          hehe
21:28 tcohen        yes, I already noticed a problem with the label batch creator
21:29 tcohen        didn't fill a bug yet :-/
21:29 cait          something specific that needs testing still? or a certain area?
21:29 tcohen        file upload received a major refactoring on this release
21:29 tcohen        it should be tested
21:29 liz           what was the problem with the batch creator?
21:29 tcohen        also cataloguing plugins
21:29 tcohen        liz: in plack
21:30 liz           oh coolio
21:30 tcohen        when you create a batch, you don't
21:30 tcohen        heh
21:30 liz           ouch.
21:30 bag           I think if we have many different people trying to break it - we’ll find the spots
21:30 tcohen        bag: agreed
21:30 bag           once it’s ready I will help break
21:31 tcohen        eythian: we might need Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxyPath
21:31 tcohen        it will depend on how we solve that bug
21:31 tcohen        ok, shall we?
21:32 tcohen        #topic RESTful API Implementation
21:32 eythian       tcohen: thought we had that already, but sure
21:32 tcohen        during part 1
21:32 tcohen        (eythian, will recheck)
21:32 tcohen        we had a long discussion about the REST api implementation
21:33 tcohen        jonathan was afraid (and several were) that people were not actually
21:33 tcohen        trying to code new endpoints
21:33 tcohen        and there wasn't a clear path on how to do it (guidelines
21:33 tcohen        for controller scripts, for swagger files, etc)
21:33 * ashimema    made lots of promises to add documentation, guidelines and code examples
21:33 mtompset      I'm not touching REST, because I don't know Mojo or swagger.
21:34 tcohen        it is all spreaded in the RFC, on BZ comments, etc
21:34 cait          ashimema: so you did :)
21:34 ashimema      mtompset... my aim in the guidlines is to make it as trivial as possible to code up a controller without having had prior experience with either swagger or mojo
21:34 tcohen        jOnathan is actively working on figuring how to do things, and he even posted an implementation (backend and UI tweaks) for handling cities
21:34 ashimema      aid in adoption
21:35 tcohen        bug 14974
21:35 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Use the REST API for cities
21:35 tcohen        mtompset: Jonathan's is a good example
21:35 tcohen        the swagger files need to be splitted so they are maintainable, etc
21:36 * ashimema    will be posting followups to showcase more on that bug ;)
21:36 tcohen        that's what the guidelines are about: how to do things well and avoid (as much as possible) added technical debt
21:36 tcohen        Kyle volunteered to create a wiki page, and Martin (ashimema) to solve all our problems
21:37 tcohen        =D
21:37 cait          ashimema++ kyleh++
21:37 tcohen        khall++ ashimema++
21:37 tcohen        Joubu++
21:37 bag           :)
21:37 pianohacker   and I volunteered to rewrite Koha in Perl 6
21:37 tcohen        ah, I forgot!
21:37 bag           in twice the number of lines
21:38 pianohacker   of course
21:38 tcohen        rewrite it in Perl 6 making it backwards compatible with Perl 5.6
21:38 ashimema      perl 6 prototypes are 'interesting'
21:38 ashimema      anywho
21:38 tcohen        pianohacker volunteered too, to work on this
21:38 pianohacker   yup yup
21:38 mtompset      I think the marking... sigils?... aren't backward compatible.
21:39 pianohacker   but yeah, anywho
21:39 cait          pianohacker++
21:39 tcohen        pianohacker++
21:39 tcohen        questions about this? issues?
21:39 cait          khall++ # correcting my typo
21:40 pianohacker   tcohen: looks good
21:40 tcohen        ok
21:40 tcohen        eythian? liz? mtompset?
21:40 eythian       yes?
21:40 tcohen        comments on the REST thing?
21:40 liz           um, please feel free to add me to the CC on anything you think needs backporting to 3.18 and I'll give it a go.
21:40 liz           nope
21:40 tcohen        ok
21:40 eythian       not really, haven't looked at it for a while.
21:41 mtompset      Not really. Still don't have time to touch it.
21:41 tcohen        eythian: we decided that it needed to be simplified
21:41 tcohen        and Julian worked on that
21:41 eythian       Yeah, I'm very very pro that idea.
21:41 liz           start small, dream big
21:41 liz           :)
21:41 tcohen        we still didn't provide patches for integrating it to plack-on-packages
21:41 * cait        is too
21:42 cait          small steps are great steps
21:42 tcohen        yes, we got rid of rewriting C4::Auth
21:42 tcohen        and reinventing Oauth2 too
21:42 liz           phew
21:42 liz           thanks for that
21:42 tcohen        so it is simple now, it shares authentication and authorization mechanisms
21:42 tcohen        with the rest of the codebase
21:43 eythian       good
21:43 tcohen        and if someone dares to rewrite C4::Auth
21:43 tcohen        he/she can, following our workflow, and should have good reasons to do it
21:44 eythian       it is something I want to do, it's a bit of an ugly monster
21:44 mtompset      It needs a rewrite so that things like authentication fallback order can be implemented. :)
21:44 tcohen        it is not a bad idea, but we cannot rewrite the whole project to have something as simple as a REST api
21:44 eythian       no
21:44 eythian       it'd be its own thing
21:45 tcohen        BTW: kivilathio already wrote the code, it is a separate bug and anyone can comment on that and even provide followups, etc
21:45 tcohen        eythian: exactly
21:45 * cait        nods
21:45 tcohen        ok
21:46 tcohen        i grab this from part 1
21:46 tcohen        #info Jonathan worked on his own REST implementation test-drive on bug 14974, please, Mojo/Swagger/REST experts take a look and provide feedback
21:46 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Use the REST API for cities
21:47 tcohen        I recall, pianohacker volunteered for implementing full  port to dbic
21:47 tcohen        #topic 'Big stuff we are working on'
21:48 tcohen        eythian: something to say about ES?
21:48 eythian       sure
21:48 eythian       first, big ++ to Joubu for helping work on it
21:49 tcohen        Joubu++
21:49 liz           joubu++
21:49 cait          Joubu++
21:49 cait          eythian++ too
21:49 eythian       otherwise, it's in need of more testing, and more polish. I'm currently working on filing off the burrs, I think the bulk of the features are complete, though no doubt more will be found that were missed as people test.
21:49 tcohen        eythian++
21:50 eythian       for the next day or two I'm going to be making sure that zebra still works so it can be merged in without risking anything breaking.
21:50 bag           that sounds good
21:50 tcohen        sounds great
21:51 bag           something we could push that is OFF by default
21:51 eythian       totallyu yeah
21:51 eythian       -u
21:51 tcohen        cool
21:51 cait          eythian: is the demo up to date currently with the latest patches?
21:51 eythian       cait: it's close, but not quite.
21:51 eythian       I'll do that today
21:51 bag           awesome
21:51 wahanui       That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, bag
21:51 bag           awesome
21:52 tcohen        eythian: one integration question
21:52 tcohen        does it consider the multi-instance scenario?
21:52 eythian       yes
21:52 tcohen        (will it work on the packages?)
21:52 tcohen        ok
21:52 tcohen        single ES?
21:52 eythian       yep
21:52 eythian       the index base name is defined in koha-conf
21:53 eythian       and will be generated from the instance name, like the database name is
21:53 tcohen        ah, just like memcached namespaces
21:53 eythian       yeah, exactly
21:53 tcohen        perfect
21:53 cait          eythian: are there some easy notes how to get it running yet somewhere? wiki?
21:53 cait          or still too many things changing?
21:54 eythian       I think there already are instructions on the wiki
21:54 eythian       not much that would affect things is changing.
21:54 bag           I’ve found it quite simple cait
21:54 cait          ok
21:54 bag           you can ping me if you have trouble
21:54 bag           I will help
21:54 cait          i am travelling a lot until feature slush... but will try to put in as much time as I can
21:54 cait          hm a lot before...
21:54 eythian       cool :)
21:54 bag           sounds good
21:54 cait          well, will have to do several things, but try to do as much as i can on each :)
21:55 eythian       Reminds me, I do need to do a bit of work on the dependencies
21:55 tcohen        #chair cait
21:55 huginn        Current chairs: cait tcohen
21:56 tcohen        :-D have to leave, urgently
21:56 tcohen        sorry guys!
21:56 cait          um
21:56 pianohacker   :D
21:56 eythian       surprise!
21:56 cait          ok
21:56 pianohacker   cait++
21:56 tcohen        please read the last logs and comment on those bugs
21:56 * mtompset    laughs.
21:56 cait          someone reminds me where we are in the agenda? :)
21:56 liz           big things we are working on I think
21:56 eythian       the "big things" stage
21:56 liz           jinx
21:56 mtompset      Elastic search. "big things"
21:57 cait          one sec
21:57 cait          ok
21:57 cait          found the log
21:57 cait          some big stuff has been pushed recently
21:57 pianohacker   rancor is still a creature from star wars, still a cataloging editor, still getting bugs fixed and I'm still trying to get it ready for the slush
21:57 cait          file-upload capabilities and refactoring
21:57 cait          OAI implementation changes
21:58 bag           pianohacker: talked about rancor - same kind of deal - pushed in as defaulted off
21:58 cait          bug 14321
21:58 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , Merge UploadedFile and UploadedFiles into Koha::Upload
21:58 cait          bug 14893
21:58 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Needs Signoff , Separate temporary storage per instance in Upload.pm
21:58 bag           pianohacker++
21:58 pianohacker   :)
21:58 mtompset      Oh... that looks like a bug I should look at.
21:58 cait          bag: pianohacker: i'd like osmeone to test if it doesn't break records/items
21:59 cait          as a small thing out of a bit test plan that i think we need to make really sure of
21:59 bag           we’ve got a library using it - so that’s totally possible cait
21:59 bag           would that work for you?
21:59 cait          of course
21:59 bag           excellent that we can do
22:00 cait          i think Joubu has also done some testing - there might be still problems with UNIMARC, but not sure
22:00 cait          he left some comments on the bug
22:00 bag           pianohacker any update on your work with Joubu on that?
22:00 pianohacker   not yet, will be working on his and other comments on the bug today and tomorrow
22:00 cait          :)
22:01 bag           :)
22:01 cait          there is another bug, mentioned in part 1
22:01 cait          bug 15005
22:01 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=15005 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , (Plack) Use of SCRIPT_NAME makes Koha generate wrong URIs
22:01 cait          'is really tricky to solve, with possible integration issues, and requires expert eyes'
22:01 cait          tomas also offered to help anyone willing to test plack with setting up a suitable test environment
22:02 eythian       cait: we covered that
22:02 cait          oops
22:02 cait          went to the wrong place in the logs...
22:02 cait          ok
22:02 cait          anything else big someone wants to mention then? :)
22:03 cait          some big plans for the next release? :)
22:03 cait          ok, then i am moving on
22:03 cait          #topic Specific bugs that need feedback
22:03 cait          bug 13618
22:04 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13618 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
22:04 cait          please test!
22:04 cait          and help get rid of the xss problems once and for all (hopefully)
22:04 cait          bug 14778
22:04 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14778 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Get rid of DBIx::Connector
22:05 cait          and then there was some discussion about DBI::Mock that you should read up on in the logs about
22:05 cait          other bugs?
22:05 cait          echo?
22:05 wahanui       echo?
22:06 pianohacker   echo?
22:06 wahanui       echo?
22:06 cait          ok, someone is still here apart from wahanui :)
22:06 cait          moving on then
22:06 cait          #topic set date and time of next meeting
22:06 cait          #info there will be at least one more dev meeting, tcohen might call for a topic-specific dev meeting if there is something urgent that needs feedback
22:06 cait          #info please communicate fluently regarding bugs and things that might hit the next release
22:06 cait          #endmeeting
22:06 huginn        Meeting ended Wed Oct 14 22:06:54 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
22:06 huginn        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_2.2015-10-14-21.09.html
22:06 huginn        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_2.2015-10-14-21.09.txt
22:06 huginn        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/development_irc_meeting_14_october_2015___part_2.2015-10-14-21.09.log.html
22:06 eythian       hmm
22:07 eythian       you missed an "anything else to add" stage :/
22:07 cait          oh
22:07 cait          i asked fo an echo...
22:07 eythian       yeah, about other bugs
22:07 cait          (00:05:27) cait: other bugs?
22:07 mtompset      echo?
22:07 wahanui       echo?
22:07 mtompset      Sorry... lots of screens are distracting. :)
22:08 cait          i did - but maybe not clearly
22:08 eythian       I was going to add that I had successfully blackmailed gmcharlt into being the new package maintainer.
22:08 eythian       cait: very not clearly :)
22:08 cait          oh!
22:08 liz           nice
22:08 cait          gmcharlt++
22:08 liz           gmcharlt++
22:08 pianohacker   gmcharlt++
22:08 cait          there is also somehting else we forgot
22:09 cait          http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_3.24
22:10 liz           oh I'm happy to stay on RMaint for 3.18
22:10 eythian       cait: http://youknowyouregermanwhen.com/
22:10 eythian       > You don’t see how “Streichholzschächtelchen” would be difficult to pronounce.
22:10 mtompset      Will we lose 3.18.x as packages when 3.22 comes out (as we only had oldstable/stable)?
22:10 eythian       yes
22:11 mtompset      What's the ETA on 3.22? November?
22:11 bag           I think november 26th or something
22:12 mtompset      okay.
22:12 mtj           peeps, i think i might step down from 3.16.x rmaint, when 3.22 is released
22:12 bag           hiya mtj
22:12 mtompset      So I have to finish my current problem before November 26. :)
22:12 bag           makes sense mason
22:13 mtj           hey, bag.. yeah
22:13 bag           hey kathryn we just got a message from overdrive
22:13 bag           but it’s useless
22:13 bag           sigh
22:14 liz           seems like overdrive's customers need to contact them and say "get off your butts and help these people or we'll cancel"
22:14 kathryn       bag heya...yeah...
22:14 bag           agreed
22:15 bag           well we just scored the owners phone number yesterday - we did threaten calling him if they don’t respond
22:20 kathryn       will be watching out for the next installment...
22:22 bag           eythian++
22:22 bag           thanks man - I’m a little more encouraged about what you said about ES and some prospect of 3.22 inculsion
22:22 bag           eythian++
22:23 wnickc        g'night all
22:23 eythian       yeah, if we can be sure that it won't cause zebra breakage, but could be mostly functional, then it might be feasible.
22:47 drojf         hi #koha
22:48 drojf         did i miss the third meeting within a week? wow
22:51 eythian       good work drojf :)
22:51 drojf         eythian: thanks!
22:51 eythian       http://youknowyouregermanwhen.com/ <-- drojf, I sent it to cait already :)
22:52 cait          ... i think afer  missing 3 meetings in a week... he might not be german after all :P
22:53 drojf         "Your CV is not just a summary of your work experience,  but rather a book depicting everything about your personal life,  details about your children, your political interests, the names and  professions of your parents and everything else you ever did in your  entire life."
22:53 drojf         as someone who just updated his CV, that is pretty accurate
22:54 drojf         cait: i would have been pünktlich if i had noted it somewhere
22:54 cait          so you were not organisiert!
22:54 pianohacker   heh, where you get subtly and implicitly accused of being an egotistical bastard if you have a resume longer than a page in the states :)
22:54 pianohacker   be back much later
22:54 pianohacker   stay frosty
22:54 eythian       here ~3 pages is normal
22:54 drojf         eythian: is the catalyst ES demo gone? and the fancy NYTProf thingy too
22:54 eythian       drojf: ...no?
22:55 drojf         http://elasticsearch.koha.catalystdemo.net.nz/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
22:55 eythian       hmm
22:55 eythian       oh
22:55 eythian       I was messing with it yesterday
22:55 eythian       I probably broke something
22:56 drojf         that would not have happened with german engineering :D
22:57 eythian       heh
22:57 drojf         "You know you're German when... 	You understand Dutch just fine, but you pretend you don’t understand a single word of it."
22:57 drojf         lol. nobody understands dutch
22:58 eythian       so, I've found that the drunker you are, the easier it is to understand
22:58 drojf         true for a lot of things
22:58 drojf         maybe everything
22:58 drojf         lol
22:59 eythian       doesn't help with german. no one can understand that.
22:59 drojf         you are just jealous because you are not a Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän
23:00 eythian       it's true
23:00 wahanui       I saw it on Digg!
23:01 eythian       for some reason the virtual hosting has gone weird
23:01 tcohen        ?
23:01 eythian       and if anyone tells me to disable the default site, there will be a stabbing.
23:02 tcohen        did i miss something?
23:02 eythian       nothiong important
23:02 tcohen        what is the vhost problem?
23:02 eythian       that it's not working :)
23:02 drojf         i was planning to print shirts with "i a2dissite default"
23:02 tcohen        apache2ctl -D DUMP_VHOSTS
23:02 tcohen        always helps
23:03 eythian       oh, I didn't know that
23:03 eythian       ahh
23:03 eythian       so
23:03 eythian       I changed the machine name to be fully qualified
23:03 eythian       and so now that matches the default site.
23:04 eythian       that seems like a flaw in the default config
23:04 eythian       ironically, disabling the default site here is probably the best solution.
23:05 eythian       drojf: back now
23:06 eythian       that -D DUMP_VHOSTS is super handy, it should be the default thing people are asked to do when they get the wrong site or a "it works" page or whatever
23:07 drojf         eythian: great, thanks
23:49 tcohen        bye everyone, picking the wife at the football training site