Time  Nick           Message
22:06 wizzyrea_      yep sweet, my thinking is not daft.
22:05 rangi          or whatever it is
22:05 rangi          yeah just call it donation - blah blah
22:04 wizzyrea_      because you can't decouple receiving from Koha generating an internal invoice.
22:03 wizzyrea_      I think the answer is "give the invoice a meaningful name that you can match up later."
22:03 wizzyrea_      physical/digital
22:03 wizzyrea_      just pondering the question of "I have to receive shipments without having a physical copy of the invoice"
21:59 tcohen         eythian: :-P
21:59 eythian        I bet it's way down
21:59 wizzyrea_      ^.^
21:59 wizzyrea_      yeah, that's on my to-do list
21:59 rangi          if you can get the world governments to agree on taxes .. then we can simplify that bit ;-)
21:58 rangi          yep
21:58 tcohen         taxes, discounts, etc
21:58 rangi          cos no 2 places ever does them the same
21:58 tcohen         hi rangi
21:58 rangi          yep, they kinda have to be
21:58 tcohen         :-P
21:58 tcohen         lots of things are arbitrary in KOha…
21:56 wizzyrea_      invoices in Koha are basically arbitrary, right?
21:43 cait1          oh
21:43 tcohen         unwanted bugs
21:40 cait1          bichos no deseados?
21:40 tcohen         cait1: muy bien, encontrando bichos no deseados
21:37 andreashm      yeah, I'm not to worried.
21:36 cait1          but i think as long as we figure it out before august it's ok :)
21:36 cait1          not really
21:35 andreashm      I've been terribly slow with this, you are the fast one. =)
21:35 cait1          :)
21:34 andreashm      cait: no problem whatsoever.
21:34 cait1          i am travelling from friday to sunday so probably can't do much until next week - but will try to send some comments before :)
21:33 cait1          i will check the etherpad tomorrow if that is ok?
21:33 cait1          just read your email
21:32 andreashm      hi cait, double-hi wizzyrea_
21:32 cait1          hi andreashm :)
21:31 wizzyrea_      hi again
21:31 liz            hi
21:30 * andreashm    waves
21:26 cait1          y tú?
21:26 eythian        hi
21:26 cait1          bien
21:23 huginn`        New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3206: (QA followup) missing comma on sysprefs.sql <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6e9086fb2c4d031e6e99efca85ad4a5f3c0b9f42>
21:20 tcohen         hola Katrina, ¿como estas?
21:15 wahanui        privet, cait1
21:15 cait1          hola
21:09 wahanui        hola, tcohen
21:09 tcohen         hi
21:02 * mtompset     goes to check out his vehicle.
21:02 mtompset       He was running on a 300baud modem connection with a 8Mhz cpu? ;)
21:02 cait1          oh i missed andreashm
21:01 pianohacker    cait1: really dang slow one if so :)
20:59 * cait1        wanders if this magnuse is a bot
20:58 cait1          morning rangi
20:58 * magnuse      shouts "kia ora rangi", then falls asleep
20:21 rangi          morning
20:20 cait1          if you are looking for another - 14508 looks interesting :)
20:10 mtompset       Now to write up a decent test plan, and I should have something to post for the non-XSLT stuff. :)
20:10 mtompset       like I said... I'll leave the bug. :)
20:10 pianohacker    so I'd recommend not touching the grouped results stuff :)
20:09 mtompset       Then realized it is broken in opac-results-grouped.tt as well.
20:09 pianohacker    it did what it said on the tin but was difficult to understand, hard to set up, broke occasionally in hard-to-diagnose ways, and introduced breaking config changes in bugfix releases
20:09 mtompset       So got the fix working.
20:09 mtompset       Realized I fixed the wrong file. :)
20:09 huginn`        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14259 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, ASSIGNED , OPAC system preference BiblioDefaultView is ignored
20:09 mtompset       I was looking at bug 14259.
20:08 huginn`        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
20:08 pianohacker    mtompset: I used it for rancor's original metasearch, and my first try at bug 10486
20:08 mtompset       I'll leave the bug then. :P
20:08 pianohacker    mtompset: you'll also have to set up pazpar2
20:08 mtompset       Does anyone actually use parpaz?
20:08 mtompset       Found it.
20:07 mtompset       which sys pref?
20:05 cait1          but it migt break search
20:05 cait1          you can try switch the syspref
20:05 cait1          which to my knowledge is not fully functional currently
20:05 cait1          it was related to pazpar2
20:05 cait1          i am not sure it's currently possible
20:02 mtompset       How do I trigger opac grouped search results?
20:02 mtompset       Greetings, #koha.
19:49 cait1          bgkriegel++
19:49 cait1          they update automatically, but i am not sure how often
19:48 francharb      thanks for the tip
19:48 cait1          and use that to make a patch
19:48 cait1          from here http://translate.koha-community.org/files/fr_CA/
19:48 cait1          because when you translate the po file for the marc21 frameworks here http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/marc21/ you can then download translated framework files
19:48 francharb      yes cait1, marc21
19:47 cait1          francharb: are you using marc21 in canada?
19:47 cait1          maybe we cause we started to do that - just didn't get to make it for all frameworks i guess
19:45 francharb      why did I think it could be in a po file??
19:45 francharb      You're right, it's all in the database
19:44 francharb      Thanks cait1 !
19:44 francharb      wouhou!
19:44 francharb      I just checked and I can find the xslt strings
19:44 francharb      but obviously, I was wrong
19:44 francharb      Thanks! I should have paid more attention on this one. When I checked, i understood it was cataloguing specific
19:44 cait1          i don't think bernardo has some ready for the unimarc/normarc files yet
19:42 cait1          marc21 SQL Files
19:42 cait1          http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/
19:42 cait1          a level above the version po files
19:42 cait1          actually the marc frameworks are also separate
19:41 cait1          hm, not sure
19:41 francharb      but those are for the marc frameworks
19:41 cait1          http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/3.20/
19:40 francharb      I checked that
19:40 cait1          so you no longer need to translate normarc:)
19:40 francharb      Hi cait!
19:40 cait1          francharb: we now have marc specific po files
19:39 cait1          francharb: they are probably in separate po files now
19:29 francharb      Is there a new way to translate the xslts?
19:29 francharb      I try to update to po files (translate update fr-CA) and I just find a couple of strings from compact.xsl and plainmarc.xsl
19:27 francharb      Has anyone experienced xslt translation issues with koha 3.20?
19:27 francharb      I was wondering
19:27 francharb      How is everything?
19:27 drojf          hi francharb
19:27 francharb      Hello #koha!
19:11 cait1          #adding agenda for next meeting
19:10 cait1          davidnind++
18:22 tcohen         ok, leaving home right now, have a nice (rest of the) day #koha
18:18 huginn`        New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3206: (RM followup) DBIx updates <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=bc29f6226fd641ec3fcd56aec3a95fe14635714d> / Bug 3206: DBRev <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=b9cc3e8e72c56d0c62d52071afc1eb8b7b82cf17> / Bug 3206: (QA followup) OAI repository deleted records support. <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6d91e791cdf852
18:02 wahanui        Using deft allegory, the authors have provided an insightful and intuitive explanation of one of Unix's most venerable networking utilities. http://www.amazon.com/Story-about-Reading-Railroad-Books/dp/0448421658
18:02 CanuckPaul     Ping?
17:48 huginn`        New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14453: (followup) Fix shipped XSLT files <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=fbe25b1d8e1806768b04d829bd9fc1a05f4861cf> / Bug 14453: kohaidx is missing for id in authority-koha-indexdefs.xml <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=2365537eea9d5cd6526843b1cd0c2152a6def06c> / Bug 14326: XSLT Syntax error in MARC21slimOPACResults.xsl <http://git.koha-community.org/gitwe
17:48 cait1          it's almost 8pm
17:48 cait1          too late here i think
17:37 tcohen         matts_away: around?
16:40 AmitG          Good night all!!!
16:37 mtompset       Have a great day, #koha pianohacker CanuckPaul nengard tcohen.
16:34 huginn`        AmitG: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14472 major, P5 - low, ---, amitddng135, Needs Signoff , Wrong ISSN search index in record matching rules
16:34 AmitG          @bug 14472
16:33 CanuckPaul     Thanks - clear blue skies on the shores of Lake Ontario. On Koha lists I sign as Paul.A
16:32 pianohacker    CanuckPaul: yup, we hear you loud and clear
16:32 CanuckPaul     Absolute newbie -- am I connected?
16:01 nengard        okay
16:01 nengard        oh cool
16:01 mtompset       nengard: I mentioned some git settings which should help in the future on the bug.
16:01 tcohen         we are good
16:01 nengard        hehe
16:01 nengard        oh! thanks tcohen - i did try to run a plugin on the manual to clean up all the spacing and capitalization ... it crashed
16:00 mtompset       updated help files. :)
16:00 tcohen         3.20 docs
16:00 druthb         very tempting, mtompset
16:00 nengard        what for ... what'd i miss
16:00 tcohen         nengard: good job
16:00 tcohen         and
16:00 tcohen         thanks mtompset
15:59 mtompset       Sounds like time to go home for lunch, and work from home if possible, druthb. :)
15:56 mtompset       tcohen: I noted our conversation here, quoted you, and signed off the bug. -- Oops... forgot to attached signed off version.
15:53 druthb         It's getting really hot and stuffy in here.  Our team's meeting room was really bad, as the sun hits that wall directly at this time of day.
15:51 mtompset       Good idea... I'll note the git settings to auto-fix.
15:51 tcohen         because this will happen again and again
15:51 tcohen         or teach nicole how to do it almost-automatically
15:50 tcohen         don't waste your time!
15:50 mtompset       Would anyone object if I fix the whitespace issues, and sign off?
15:49 tcohen         exactly
15:49 mtompset       Oh... the help pages. There was a bug...
15:49 tcohen         you failed qa a bug in which nicole was adding documentation for the new features in 3.20
15:48 mtompset       tcohen: Broader context? I kind of forget everything I have done. :)
15:47 tcohen         mtompset: we are loosing the coding guidelines for the help pages, because Nicole copy/pastes from the manual, otherwise is too much work
15:47 nengard        am catching up after being away for a few days
15:47 nengard        just saw it now
15:47 huginn`        mtompset: nengard was last seen in #koha 1 day, 19 hours, 24 minutes, and 22 seconds ago: <nengard> hola #koha
15:47 mtompset       @seen nengard
15:47 huginn`        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12329 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Inventory setting date last seen to 0
15:47 mtompset       nengard: Did you see my comment on bug 12329?
15:46 mtompset       Greetings, #koha.
15:28 JRJML_Director we want to know the exact definition where to specify the notices directory for sending these jobs to a queue so we can make a script to print from that directory
15:26 JRJML_Director oh ok. my IT guy says you have to put a command line to printoverdues.sh
15:26 JRJML_Director where does koha know which printer to use? how does it all work?
15:25 JRJML_Director what other magic tricks do we have to do to get this stuff to actually print.
15:24 JRJML_Director i have the trigger set, i have a notice template set
15:24 JRJML_Director So. Trying to generate printed 60 day notices
15:01 barton         indradg: I just ran across the vim buffer where I was looking at C4/Circulation.pm -- did you figure out what you needed with regard to the message transport types?
14:54 AmitG          hi tcohen
14:52 tcohen         hi AmitG
14:45 AmitG          heya indradg
14:20 khall          sure!
14:20 cait1          khall: do you have a moment for that maybe?
14:19 huginn`        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14453 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , kohaidx is missing for id in authority-koha-indexdefs.xml
14:19 cait1          bug 14453
13:46 tcohen         back
13:36 tcohen         can anyone from the QA team take a look at 14453?
13:31 JRJML_Director is that correct?
13:30 JRJML_Director theoretically i could remove everything and keep the "all libraries"
13:29 JRJML_Director i've basically got 3 copies of every one. one for my branch, one for the old branch, and one for "all libraries"
13:29 JRJML_Director so yeah. our library used to have two branches and one of them is now closed. what do i do with all these notices and slips?
12:55 barton         I wonder if it would be possible to add a script to huginn` which woujld look for new nicks (perhaps after a few days on #koha) and send a @later inviting the new member to put their nick and name on http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Regulars
12:39 magnuse        ¡hola tcohen!
12:35 * magnuse      apologizes for disappearing
12:25 tcohen         morning #koha!
12:18 thd            Sleep at last.
12:14 drojf          cait++ # chair stuff
12:00 thd            ... I have been helping a friend avoid eviction and will resume working on the wiki when he seems safe from eviction which may not be until mid-August.
11:58 thd            I hope to be faster with an announcement for the next meeting ...
11:58 Jerwyn_        davidnin: thanks man
11:57 davidnind      Jerwyn_: stay safe
11:57 cait1          (13:43:49) huginn` hat das Thema zu Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 8 July 2015) abgeändert
11:57 cait1          thd: hm i think i did
11:56 Jerwyn_        davidnid: yeah its been raining for almost a week
11:56 thd            caitl: On a trivial note maybe you missed advancing the agenda for the meeting log to picking a date and time for next meeting.
11:56 Jerwyn_        cait1: until next time :)
11:55 davidnind      Jerwyn_: that doesn't sound good
11:55 cait1          Jerwyn_: thx for attending :)
11:54 cait1          i should bite my tongue next time
11:54 cait1          heh yeah
11:54 davidnind      I think as soon as you say it will be a quick meeting, it isn't..
11:54 Jerwyn_        we just have typhoon here in the Philippines that is why I was able to attend today.. :)
11:54 * thd          did not sleep the night before.
11:53 davidnind      I'm normally up this late, so not too bad
11:53 Jerwyn_        nice meeting you guys!
11:53 Jerwyn_        I always have bible studies every wed's
11:53 cait1          davidnind: got quite late for you davidnind - thanks for staying around :)
11:52 cait1          thx all for attending!
11:52 davidnind      cait++ thanks for chairing the meeting,
11:52 huginn`        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.log.html
11:52 huginn`        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.txt
11:52 huginn`        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.html
11:52 huginn`        Meeting ended Wed Jul  8 11:52:51 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
11:52 cait1          #endmeeting
11:52 cait1          #info next meeting will take place on Wednesday, 5 August, 20 UTC
11:52 cait1          i am going with 5th - the consistency got me  (being QA and all..)
11:51 cait1          i'd like to keep the distance not too long as it seems lots to discuss recently
11:51 davidnind      generally try to have in the first week of the month
11:51 thd            I prefer 12th
11:51 davidnind      otherwise up to the chair
11:51 cait1          hm - that#s a point
11:51 thd            I prefer not the first Wed.
11:50 davidnind      vote for the 5th to keep consistent
11:50 cait1          6th +1
11:50 thd            Wed. 5th
11:50 Jerwyn_        6th for me
11:50 cait1          you got a minute :)
11:50 cait1          now
11:50 cait1          quick vote please - 5th or 6th
11:50 schnydszch     vote for 6th
11:50 cait1          nope, therw as no old business according to the meeting logs
11:49 thd            Have we skipped old business?
11:49 davidnind      Wednesday 5th
11:49 Jerwyn_        still Thursday
11:49 cait1          quick, people :)
11:49 Jerwyn_        6th
11:48 cait1          august 5th or 6th maybe?
11:48 cait1          next meeting is 20 utc i think
11:47 Jerwyn_        will just wait for further announcements
11:47 cait1          i tihnk it would depend on the one doing it
11:47 Jerwyn_        I mean for the virtual bootcamp
11:47 cait1          so there are some events during the day maybe
11:47 schnydszch     start time? for the tuts
11:47 cait1          what we could do this time with the tuturials is set some specific times
11:47 cait1          in whatever time zone
11:47 cait1          usually they run the full day
11:46 Jerwyn_        sorry to ask in what time?
11:46 cait1          #agreed Proposed date for the next GBSD is September 3rd - suggestions and help organising welcome!
11:46 khall          afk
11:46 thd            3 Sep. +1
11:46 schnydszch     +1 Sept. 3
11:46 davidnind      +1
11:46 cait1          but haven't checked closely
11:46 cait1          ithink we had different days
11:46 khall          +1
11:45 Jerwyn_        September 3 +1
11:45 thd            What day of the week has been usual for Koha GBSDs?
11:45 cait1          +1
11:45 cait1          i am not going to do the vote thing again,... but september 3rd please vote :)
11:45 schnydszch     thursday +1
11:45 khall          September 3 then?
11:45 cait1          thursday sounds good
11:45 khall          any weekday should work for me
11:45 Jerwyn_        Thursday
11:44 wahanui        fridays are too difficult heh
11:44 cait1          fridays?
11:44 Jerwyn_        cant on wednesday
11:44 cait1          any day preference?
11:44 cait1          what about wednesdays?
11:44 cait1          we could do it now and i'd run it then on the mailing list
11:44 davidnind      Recent meetings: 8 April 2015 19:00 UTC -- 6 May 2015 10:00 UTC -- 10 June 2015 20:00 UTC -- 8 July 2015 10:00 UTC
11:43 thd            Would we not pick a date for GBSD?
11:43 cait1          #topic Next meeting
11:43 cait1          #info all done
11:43 cait1          just reading the bylaws - which we hopefully have done before voting
11:43 cait1          #topic Actions from last meeting
11:43 Jerwyn_        +
11:43 cait1          moving on?
11:42 cait1          but we could get some general thins on the agenda early on
11:42 indradg        yes
11:42 cait1          i think picking bugs needs to be a bit closer to the date probably
11:42 Jerwyn_        first week of September would do
11:42 cait1          #action cait to send an email proposing a date early september and asking for tutorials on the list
11:42 cait1          ok, let's try to keep this one moving :)
11:41 thd            early September++
11:41 indradg        +1 for early september
11:41 cait1          #idea have a GBSD event early september
11:40 schnydszch     early september
11:40 cait1          ok
11:40 cait1          with early september we are running a bit close to the deadlines... but it should still work
11:40 drojf          then i'd say early september too
11:40 cait1          drojf: october :)
11:40 cait1          i could try to help organizing, but probably wouldn't make it to attend - so someone should be there to see things go smoothly
11:40 khall          that would give me plenty of time to figure out my sandbox stuff
11:40 Jerwyn_        last week of july
11:40 drojf          when is kohacon?
11:40 khall          what about early september?
11:40 cait1          that's alright
11:39 khall          sorry cait1 didn't see your comment
11:39 khall          how about late august?
11:39 cait1          just a bit hard to be there then
11:39 drojf          if you want to get new people involved
11:39 cait1          the last 2 weeks of august are bad for me... but that of course shouldn#t stop anyone from squashing bugs :)
11:39 drojf          too soon maybe
11:39 cait1          last week of july maybe?
11:38 schnydszch     i'm in europe, but I approve august, no vacation for me
11:38 khall          we have KohaNA and then a ByWater staff retreat
11:38 cait1          another proposal?
11:38 cait1          hm
11:38 cait1          ah
11:38 khall          early august is bad for me and bywater peeps in general
11:38 drojf          i just wanted to say that august is probably not great for europe…
11:37 cait1          i know we are running into vacation time in europe... but i guess hard to avoid running into vacation time somewhere
11:37 cait1          would the first week of august work as a first idea for this?
11:37 cait1          thx all for the enthusiasm and offering help :)
11:36 cait1          #idea run a webinar
11:36 cait1          and also ask on the mailing list
11:36 cait1          maybe
11:36 schnydszch     +2 to vitual bootcamp
11:36 cait1          khall: we can do a google doc or an etherpad
11:35 khall          cait1: if we could get more bootcamp volunteers to get better timezone coverage that would be best
11:35 schnydszch     ok thanks cait, i'll take note of that
11:35 cait1          #action khall to run a virtual bootcamp during GBSD
11:35 cait1          i think that might be the easiest way
11:35 khall          cait1: for the sandbox stuff we need a form somehwere like this: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ai8yL-XbCo3v8dxgMTCYcam_OtM93yzXv1WYF3MUm8Y/viewform
11:35 drojf          khall: i may or may not do a second try with a webinar software, which we could use for stuff like that. i had some technical difficulties the last time though
11:35 Jerwyn_        +1 to virtual bootcamp
11:35 cait1          and then sort by bug number
11:35 cait1          hm what i have is a saved search for all open
11:34 schnydszch     browsing of bugs in http://bugs.koha-community.org/ wherein you can browse from the latest bug number, regardless of component
11:34 khall          I'd be willing to do a virtual bootcamp over gotomeeting or whatever is available
11:33 cait1          schnydszch sorry, not sure i understand
11:33 cait1          but it might get early august then for a date - as I don't have a lot of time currently
11:33 schnydszch     dumb question with the bug list, is there a way by browsing by bug number, not by category then bug nos. and I approve for another GBSD
11:33 thd            I do not do real time programming well, however, there may be other tasks which could engage me on such days.
11:32 khall          cait1: are you meaning virtual?
11:32 cait1          not sure i could run one myself
11:32 khall          pelase do
11:32 cait1          i think i could try and get people to add some 'events' - like find someone to run a tutorial
11:32 thd            Maybe I should comment on why I have never participated in a GBSD.
11:32 davidnind      yes
11:31 indradg        cait1: +1
11:31 indradg        yep!
11:31 Joubu          yes repo contrib
11:31 cait1          so people are in favour of trying again with the GBSD? :)
11:31 drojf          it is in there
11:31 cait1          also ashimema and Joubu might be able to give pointers
11:31 cait1          might be worth checking if it's the most current version, but i think i saw it there
11:30 khall          excellent
11:30 cait1          i think it's in our gneeral repo, the sandbox stuff
11:30 khall          but I imagine I can steal that code out of biblibre's sandbox code
11:30 cait1          khall: we have some sandboxes where you can do that - maybe you could use the code
11:30 khall          but it won't have any ability to add a sign off until I write that part
11:30 schnydszch     great ideas
11:29 khall          I can spin up a test site with the default sample data and a bug applied right quick
11:29 cait1          schnydszch :)
11:29 cait1          #idea set up pre-configured sandboxes beforehand
11:29 schnydszch     those are goof ideas cait, i want to attend GBSD in e the near future
11:29 khall          assuming I can convince larry to give me more disk space ; )
11:28 khall          cait1: I think I can help with that, I was already planning a server with many preconfigured test sites
11:28 cait1          that could get people to come out a bit more
11:28 cait1          khall: yeah, something we could do too i think - maybe elastic, accounts rewrite etc.
11:28 davidnind      cait1++
11:28 cait1          #idea encourage contribution - including coaching new participants
11:28 khall          cait1: one thing of note I see are they set up pre-configured sandboxes by request beforehand
11:27 davidnind      Should it be made regular event? e.g. every month, or six weeks
11:27 indradg        cait1++ for the idea
11:27 thd            davidnind++
11:27 cait1          #idea offer a beginners tutorial on that day - like helping people set up a kohadevbox
11:26 davidnind      My thought is it depends on the underlying purpose: encourage contribution (including coaching new participants) or getting things done -- or both
11:26 cait1          another diea maybe
11:26 cait1          drojf: yeah... but how can we change that?
11:26 cait1          #link http://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-bug-squashing-day/
11:26 cait1          it doesn't look really different - maybe it#s just newer, getting more attention?
11:26 drojf          apart from announcements i did not have much of a GBSD feeling the last times. did not seem that people are really doing this together, they just continued to do everyday work
11:25 khall          lol
11:24 drojf          khall: take part? :P
11:24 cait1          #idea have people suggest bugs they want to test beforehand and make sure they apply/are sandbox ready
11:24 thd            What is done differently with Evergreen GBSDs?
11:24 cait1          not yet
11:24 cait1          but i haven't checked how they are exactly organized
11:24 khall          cait1: any idea what they are doing that we aren't?
11:23 cait1          i think the gbsd in the evergreen community seems to be a bit more successful right now
11:23 cait1          now everyone has gone quiet heh
11:22 wahanui        drojf: wish i knew
11:22 drojf          wahanui: what?
11:22 wahanui        there is no way to add items to a list?
11:22 cait1          magnuse: still there?
11:22 cait1          citing from the wiki
11:22 cait1          but we are both in doubt a bit, because: The last Global Bug Squashing Days have not generated a lot of signoffs.  Why? How can we get more people excited and ready to contribute?
11:21 cait1          i had proposed to magnuse to have another gbsd, maybe in combination with a qa sprint
11:20 cait1          #topic GBSD
11:20 cait1          ok, moving on
11:20 cait1          to go in and add
11:20 cait1          i will just try to give a starting point to make it easier for you all
11:20 khall          #idea a team of volunteers covering all the languages needed to review the websites periodically
11:19 cait1          i will try to start an agenda later - please feel free to add to it!
11:19 thd            drojf: I agree with your argument that redundancy would be bad.
11:19 cait1          davidnind++ for your offer of helping out - thx!
11:19 cait1          #action Everyone to help add a list of options on how to proceed with the vendor listing to the wiki for the next meeting
11:19 davidnind      cait1: agreed
11:18 drojf          all the work with the maintained list and the edit wars ;)
11:18 cait1          but i think we need to move on now to get this meeting to an end at some point :)
11:18 drojf          thd: then we have all prossible problems of both places
11:18 thd            yes drojf
11:18 davidnind      I don't think you would want two lists
11:18 cait1          i like thelively discussion
11:18 thd            yes droijf
11:18 khall          in that case I think we'll need a team of watchers who cover all the languages those websites are available in
11:17 drojf          thd: have the same list twice? or am i misunderstanding?
11:17 indradg        khall: India has has the highest number of listed vendors, at least 3 - 4 are pending inclusion and more are ready to pop up
11:17 cait1          does that sound ok?
11:17 thd            Would adding a wiki page redundantly be helpful in addition to having the same content also in a web page which has been checked for spammers more completely?
11:17 cait1          and maybe we can then make a decision
11:17 cait1          i thik a list of options for the next meeting
11:17 cait1          yep that sounds good
11:17 drojf          davidnind: +1
11:16 davidnind      My suggestion: continue to maintain the list with more help and make sure vendors meet the criteria; add RFC to wiki to flesh out the ideas suggested here
11:16 khall          really, policing that many wouldn't be super difficult, except for the language barrier, which is a very high barrier itself
11:16 cait1          a downside of the wiki might be that all we can do is sort alphabetically... maybe list by region
11:16 * Joubu        should not clean his kb...
11:16 Joubu          $
11:16 drojf          i get junk mails from india now because of that list, btw. »I hope this email finds you in good health and high spirits. We're a team of creative geeks based out in India!!«
11:15 khall          Right now I count 45 listings
11:15 thd            Would adding a wiki page redundantly be helpful?
11:15 indradg        #idea - a compromise: move the list to wiki... anyone can edit and place their names on it. And website links to dashboard.
11:15 khall          do we have any more ideas of merit that are actionable?
11:14 cait1          #idea keep it like it is - some help in maintaining it was offered
11:14 mtj            We should at least try a wiki method. If we have problems. Then do dething else
11:14 khall          3) Move it to the wiki
11:14 khall          2) Delete it
11:14 cait1          maybe a next step would be to flesh them out on the wiki ?
11:14 khall          1) Do nothing
11:14 khall          indeed, I think we have three options at the moment
11:14 cait1          we have collected some ideas
11:14 thd            There are some problems for which the possible remedies are worse than the problem itself.
11:14 cait1          good question
11:13 davidnind      How do we come some conclusion/way forward for this?
11:13 cait1          i tend to agree, such a think would be really hard to get right
11:12 thd            davidnind: The idea of a dashboard is only good in abstract principle.  There is no practise which would not lead to even unintended unfairness.
11:12 schnydszch     thd like what I've said how can you quantify gratis answers from people who asked you, that instead of focusing with primary work, you answer their questions even though you already told them that there is this koha community
11:12 khall          davidnind: I'm generally be down with the idea in that sense, but mtj is right
11:12 mtj            It doesn't help someone find koha support in their area
11:12 davidnind      mtj: agreed, complementary but different, and for different purposes
11:11 mtj            A dashboard is great. But its a different thing than a vendor list
11:11 davidnind      I think the dashboard idea was so that this could more easily verify vendors claims that they 'contribute extensively' to Koha development
11:11 Jerwyn         #idea let the paid support donate something from the community fundraising
11:11 cait1          i think it was the reason we said we have a low barrier and not many checks - it's just too hard to judge failry
11:11 thd            A dashboard is what people at LibLime introduced in 2009? as a means of diminishing their competitors unfairly.
11:10 khall          cait1: but at least they will be evil within the rules ; )
11:10 khall          thd: I definitely agree
11:10 cait1          khall: not sure, some will happily pay and still be evil :)
11:10 khall          cait1: yes, it's kind of an icky thought, but would solve all the problems
11:09 thd            Any attempt to objectively quantify contributions will ultimately be necessarily unfair and an extremely poor substitute for investigation on the part of libraries wanting services.
11:09 davidnind      khall; probably a terrible idea, don't think we are ready for that
11:09 drojf          when people pay they are entitled to be listed. or do you want to make them pay for the check and not list then?
11:09 cait1          also it seems a bit contrary to our basic principles hm
11:09 Jerwyn         drokf: can be
11:09 khall          cait1: agreed
11:09 cait1          khall: maybe once we get the fundraising sorted...
11:09 khall          I don't know if this is a terrible idea, but maybe there could be a registration fee paid to some entity and that entity would use the money to do the 'policing'. I don't think we're ready for that yet
11:08 davidnind      thd: proposal for a dashboard to show the organisations/individuals are contributing to Koha development
11:08 drojf          Jerwyn: are you volunteering?
11:08 Jerwyn         should be a least quarterly
11:07 cait1          #idea a dashboard showing contributions/contributors instead
11:07 davidnind      As part of maintaining the list, could have a regular review of those listed e.g. annually
11:07 drojf          not saying it is the best possible idea. just trying to think in a direction away from what we have now
11:07 schnydszch     and how about those people who asked other people directly and not directly in in Koha community? gratis and that's how other people who have known other Koha people ask and goes into Koha
11:07 thd            davidnind:  What would a dashboard be?
11:06 drojf          (and do not a single signoff, for example)
11:06 drojf          true. but does that actually change anything in reality? who does the manual, who does support on the list? bywater is certainly in the dashboard, so are others. how many companies are there that exclusively answer questions on the list?
11:06 indradg        davidnind: vendors wanting to get listed are complying when listing up. Once done, the pages are being changed to reflect an alternate 'reality'. Are we ready to police that?
11:05 davidnind      cait1: will do
11:05 cait1          davidnind: could you maybe get in contact with wizzyrea about this?
11:05 davidnind      Having a dashboard of contributors would also help - this could be linked from the paid support providers list
11:05 cait1          #action davidnind is volunteering to help out maintaining the current list
11:05 schnydszch     you certainly hit it khall.
11:04 khall          plus it ignores all the support everyone gives on the mailing list gratis
11:04 cait1          just doens't show in lines of code
11:04 davidnind      I would be happy to help with requests.  I think it is better to keep list as it is - to make sure that at least the criteria for listing are met.
11:04 thd            Relying solely on the wiki may lead to the opposite impression of an official endorsement ... namely no presumption that possible wiki spammers have been excluded.
11:04 cait1          we don't have a full time koha dev... but we are still involved
11:04 cait1          also companies are different size/offer differnt things
11:04 khall          and what about when one company hires another? Case in point, the elastic search development
11:04 schnydszch     i second the motion khall
11:04 drojf          true
11:04 mtj            Drojf. Ah OK. Sorry.. Irc is laggy
11:04 khall          for example, the entire manual done by nicole
11:03 khall          I also don't think lines of code is a good single-factor way of saying who's contributing
11:03 drojf          i really do not see how moving it to a different place will change anything for those that don't understand what the list now is. it will be exactly the same. plus people editing each others entries
11:03 Jerwyn         actually I registered our company to be put in the list. For some reasons the paid support maintaining body is not updating it. On the contrary I have no problem with it. :)
11:03 cait1          davidnind: i read you#d be willing to help out?
11:03 cait1          might lead to a lot of typo fixes heh
11:02 thd            I think that a stronger disclaimer on the website would be better than relying solely upon the wiki.
11:02 khall          the problem is we all have the "curse of knowledge" in regards to what the list really is
11:02 drojf          mtj link to the dashboard to find companies that contribute
11:02 Brooke         I've to go to work. Cheers, folks.
11:02 mtj            Drojf. You have a better idea than the wiki?
11:01 drojf          khall: the list now, as it is. and compare that to others peoples minds that are the problem right now ;)
11:01 cait1          from our current disclamer: "Inclusion on this directory implies no “official” status  whatsoever.  Any organization who claims to be an “official” Koha  support provider is misrepresenting their relationship to the Koha  project."
11:01 khall          drojf: "other list"?
11:01 drojf          khall: what status does the other list have in your mind?
11:01 drojf          if we don't want to keep it, i'd say delete it, link to the dashboard, done
11:01 khall          A wiki is specifically editable by anyone, so in my mind it loses a lot of "status"
11:00 thd            khall: I recognise the previous complaint from indradg .
11:00 drojf          i don't see any win
11:00 khall          The list is being abused, simply put
11:00 drojf          khall: and they will refer to the wiki from then on
11:00 khall          providers.
11:00 khall          being listed on the site as a way to certify their validation as service
11:00 khall          official certification for service providers, and people are referring to
11:00 khall          Some places, notably India and others, expect some kind of
11:00 khall          From Tomas:
11:00 drojf          if it is in the wiki, it is the official list in the wiki, for those who want it to be
11:00 Brooke         we can't be responsible for folks just not reading.
11:00 indradg        khall: not just the vendors, even the end users are looking at it as official list
10:59 cait1          please note that there is a disclaimer already, but people still seem not to read it...
10:59 schnydszch     and so is the current koha support list page
10:59 drojf          and moving it to the wiki would just move the craziness. do we want to have edit wars there because some people can't behave?
10:59 cait1          #link http://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/
10:59 khall          thd: vendors are using the website listing as proof they are an 'official' Koha vendor
10:59 thd            Is there a claim that the website listings are not being updated quickly enough?
10:59 khall          It seems that moving it to the wiki is the best middle ground idea. I
10:59 drojf          what i find problematic is all the maintining work and what comes with it. people getting insulted and so on
10:59 Brooke         anyway, I think we basically have some of this information redundantly on the wiki since the Users' pages sometimes have a vendor included in the table for the installation sites.
10:59 cait1          i think one of the problems raised was possible legal issues removing a company that no longer links back or offers koha services
10:58 schnydszch     there should be a disclaimer in the wiki that it is not an official list
10:58 drojf          i think it is not my problem if people consider it an official list, why it says otherwise. i don't care. it's not the lists fault
10:58 davidnind      I am happy to help maintain if more help is required - the criteria are quite clear, and what it means is quite clear as well
10:58 cait1          stop confusing the chair please
10:58 Brooke         nope, we have a tempest in a teapot problem. :P
10:57 indradg        we have a baby and bathwater problem
10:57 magnuse        yeah, the wiki would be less official
10:57 davidnind      I think it should be kept, I think it is clear to me that there is no 'official support providers'
10:57 magnuse        i don't think it is all evil now
10:57 cait1          i think the idea was to have it less official there
10:57 drojf          any
10:57 drojf          if it is all evil now, why would it be ny good in the wiki?
10:57 cait1          it's also more neutral if you can say other vendors can be found there... instead of having to give someone a list or maintain one yourself
10:56 drojf          moving it to the wiki sounds bad to me
10:56 mtj            Me too
10:56 magnuse        moving it to the wiki sounds good to me
10:56 magnuse        i think "koha has 40+ support companies all over the world" is something of a unique selling point for koha, so i'd like to keep it, in some form
10:56 cait1          #idea move the 'paid support' list to the wiki
10:56 cait1          #idea proposal to remove the 'paid support' list
10:55 davidnind      I'm too slow!
10:55 cait1          so far we have i think 2 ideas
10:55 davidnind      https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2015-July/043138.html
10:55 cait1          #link https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2015-July/043138.html
10:55 cait1          got it
10:55 davidnind      still looking..
10:55 cait1          not yet
10:54 khall          cait1: did you find a link to the mailing list thread?
10:54 cait1          but i can understand the problems that have been raised
10:54 cait1          I often refer to it too... so I would like to have something like that at least
10:54 Brooke         I want to keep it. It's one of the most frequently asked questions.
10:54 cait1          does someone have th elink to the email thread?
10:53 cait1          #topic Support vendor listing on the website
10:53 khall          ; )
10:53 khall          let's vote on it!
10:53 cait1          i second that... it would be a lot easier with someone involved around to answer questions and comments
10:52 drojf          a general remark: i would like to see people attend the meetings if they want the meeting to vote on things.
10:52 cait1          ok, moving on?
10:52 cait1          #action cait to add voting on Paul P for the fundraising committee to the next agenda
10:51 cait1          i will add an action
10:51 khall          that's fine by me, like you said, probably not time critical
10:51 cait1          thx davidnind
10:51 davidnind      the figures add up !
10:51 cait1          i always feel a bit uncomfortable doing votes that haven't been announced
10:51 cait1          maybe just that it's not been on th eagenda :)
10:50 khall          cait1: is there a specific reason, or just that he's not around?
10:50 cait1          and it seems not time criticial
10:49 cait1          he isn't around
10:49 khall          cait1: I will double check
10:49 cait1          khall: i suggest we add voting on paul_p to the next agenda?
10:49 cait1          please check
10:49 cait1          i hope i have counted correctly
10:49 cait1          #agreed. Results of the vote are: yes (6), no (1), abstain (3)
10:48 wahanui        bug is it stores biblionumber not itemnumber
10:48 indradg        bug?
10:48 cait1          hm no results...
10:48 huginn`        Voted on "Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today?" Results are
10:48 * mtj          waves from his fone
10:48 cait1          #endvote
10:47 cait1          ending the vote now
10:47 drojf          cait1: thanks for waiting btw :)
10:47 cait1          the abstains are not counted by the bot, but will note them in the minutes
10:47 drojf          #vote abstain
10:47 mtj            #vote yes
10:46 drojf          let me check the log what we are voring on :)
10:46 cait1          drojf: vote is still open
10:46 cait1          could someone look for the link to the email thread about the support vendor listing meanwhile?
10:46 drojf          grr
10:45 cait1          i am giving this a bit longer to make sure everyone has voted
10:45 indradg        #vote abstain
10:44 cait1          #vote abstain
10:43 magnuse        #vote yes
10:42 Jerwyn         #vote yes
10:42 thd            #vote no
10:42 davidnind      #vote yes
10:42 schnydszch_    #vote yes
10:42 thd            no
10:42 khall          #vote yes
10:42 cait1          vote
10:42 cait1          ok, now please bote
10:42 huginn`        Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
10:42 huginn`        Begin voting on: Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
10:42 cait1          #startvote Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today?
10:42 cait1          yeah, i think that's a problem :)
10:42 thd            How would the conflict of interest clause not affect most members thus preventing a quarum?
10:42 cait1          thd: your question?
10:41 cait1          i will have it now
10:41 cait1          sorry, it's not started correctly yet
10:41 schnydszch_    #vote yes
10:41 Jerwyn         #vote yes
10:41 indradg        #vote yes
10:41 cait1          and please help me get the vote started someone...
10:41 cait1          yes?
10:41 cait1          #vote Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today?
10:41 thd            I have a question.
10:41 cait1          that wasn't it
10:40 cait1          hm
10:40 schnydszch_    my bad..
10:40 cait1          #vote Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today. Do you approve? (yes,no)
10:40 khall          "Do we approve the Fundraising Commitee and International Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Terms of Reference?"
10:40 cait1          schnydszch working on it, one more moment please
10:40 schnydszch_    I move that we vote on the international koha fund raising committee term of reference
10:40 cait1          so he has not been elected
10:40 khall          ok, let's cast a bigger net
10:39 cait1          paul_p added his name after the initial election
10:39 cait1          with one exception
10:39 cait1          not quie
10:39 khall          cait1: the signatories were already approved in a previous vote, correct?
10:38 khall          how about "Do we approve the International Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Terms of Reference?"
10:38 cait1          can someone help me phrase that vote as a question that makes sense? :)
10:37 indradg        ok
10:37 cait1          Committee members shall be elected via vote in a Koha General Meeting
10:37 Brooke         yep
10:37 khall          indradg: that is correct
10:37 cait1          i'd say so
10:37 cait1          ... and it needs to be phrased as a question
10:37 indradg        dumb question - membership means a member of the fundraising committee?
10:36 cait1          always need a bit to get that right
10:36 cait1          i am preparing the vote statement now, giving you b it more time
10:36 davidnind      There has been over a month already to provide feedback, more time allowed at last general meeting..
10:36 cait1          first i'd like to ask: is there anyone here opposed to voting today?
10:35 khall          If there are no questions, shall we vote then?
10:35 cait1          #idea improve paragraph on 'conflict of interest'
10:34 cait1          #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising#Article_3:_Conflicts_of_Interest
10:34 thd            If the vote is delayed currently then there should be further opportunity to propose changes before first use.
10:34 khall          Brooke: absolutely, continuous improvement is what we're all about ; )
10:33 Brooke         I am not saying don't vote, I'm just saying I hope that people take the process as one of continuous improvement.
10:33 khall          Brooke: in what way?
10:33 Brooke         Yes, specifically I'm worried that our bylaws are not strong enough on conflicts of interest, and I would like to see that bit flushed out much more.
10:32 Brooke         sorry I'm having a discussion on the side.
10:32 khall          Brooke: ^
10:32 khall          Brook, can you be more specific?
10:32 drojf          sorry my wifi hates me
10:32 wahanui        I'M TAKING THE PISS OUT OF 'EM. or a ratbag.
10:32 cait1          Brooke?
10:30 khall          cait1: is correct, these are simply the people who volunteered for the job
10:29 thd            Brooke: what safeguards would be helpful apart from the issue of encouraging diversity?
10:29 indradg        #info Indranil Das Gupta
10:29 cait1          i think it's hard to write that up - anyone can candidate
10:28 Brooke         I also hope that geography and diversity will be a bit of a bigger factor next yearish
10:28 cait1          Brooke: safeguards?
10:28 Brooke         It's missing a lot of safeguards.
10:27 khall          I've read through it and it seems pretty straight forward to me
10:27 thd            While I agree somewhat with Brooke, borrowing complete documents from allied communities works somewhat less well than using the GPL in common.
10:27 davidnind      Seems okay to me
10:27 khall          I think we should go ahead and vote if nobody has any questions
10:27 cait1          i will leave it up to the meeting if we have a vote, if people are comfortable we can, if there is still need for discussion, we might postpone
10:26 cait1          i first want to check if htere are open questions
10:26 drojf          if there is nobody here, will we postpone it to the next meeting?
10:26 Brooke         I will state that I hope in future we reach out to Mozilla or similar to get ideas for our governance rather than reinventing the wheel
10:25 cait1          any comments?
10:25 cait1          #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising
10:25 cait1          #info bylaws = Terms of Reference
10:24 cait1          is someone from the fundraising committee here?
10:24 cait1          i think first we need to take a look at the bylaws / TOR
10:23 cait1          #topic Next steps in Fundraising
10:23 cait1          moving on then :)
10:23 cait1          ok :)
10:22 schnydszch_    #info but it will still be in the national.capital. or within the vicinity
10:22 schnydszch_    Or within the vicinity
10:22 cait1          anything else?
10:22 Jerwyn         thanks cait
10:22 schnydszch_    #but it will still be in the national capital
10:21 cait1          #info The venue in the Philippines bid might change due to renovations of the building
10:21 schnydszch_    #info noted cait
10:21 Jerwyn         cait have to check with the National Library Staff when they will finish the renovation.
10:20 cait1          you can also say it might change due to renovations or something... no problem changing the bids before the voting i think
10:20 Jerwyn         got that cait they are renovating the building dont know when they will finish it.
10:20 schnydszch_    #info we're having a hard time contacting the national libeary. They seemed are busy with transferring. But we're hoping national library of phils. Cooperates
10:20 cait1          Jerwyn: do you want me to put a note in then minutes? what's the new location?
10:19 * thd          has not been following the news closely :)
10:19 cait1          maybe add a note that it changes to be more visible
10:19 Brooke         the temporary demise of their banking system is prolly a bit more pressing than a KohaCon bid at present...
10:19 cait1          Jerwyn: i think you can still edit the wiki
10:18 Jerwyn         if ever can we change the venue for the National Library Kohacon2016?
10:18 thd            At some point a reminder may be needed for Aristotle University in case they are all on holiday.
10:18 Brooke         I'm glad we have 2 bids from places we've not yet been :)
10:18 cait1          maybe we could schedule something before in an irc meeting for people with questions?
10:18 cait1          #info Voting will take place in September
10:17 cait1          but votes are not before september, is what i meant
10:17 cait1          i don't think so - but votes only open in september
10:17 thd            Anyone here from Aristotle University?
10:17 cait1          thx Jerwyn
10:16 cait1          #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon16_Proposals
10:16 cait1          #info we got 2 bids right now, one from Aristotle Universtiy in Greece and another from National Library of the Philippines
10:16 Jerwyn         show Greece
10:16 thd            People from Greece have not added or not linked a detailed proposal.
10:16 Jerwyn         http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon16_Proposals
10:15 cait1          #topic KohaCon16
10:14 Jerwyn         3.18 - 3.20 inventory is bug
10:14 cait1          any questions or comments you want to have show up in the logs?
10:14 cait1          i think today there is noone here from Nigeria
10:14 cait1          #link http://koha-community.org/kohacon/kohacon15/
10:13 cait1          #topic KohaCon15
10:13 cait1          ok,moving on
10:13 cait1          thx Joubu
10:12 cait1          there is also a proble with item search i think,  but the patches are ready
10:12 cait1          yep
10:12 Joubu          I think 3.18.x is still buggy: not possible to add/update a vendor
10:12 cait1          some follow-up patches fixing some side effects of the security fixes will be in hte next releases i think
10:11 cait1          we had a security release
10:10 cait1          afaikt everything seems to be on track
10:10 cait1          could be a quick meeting :)
10:09 cait1          any of the RMaints?
10:09 cait1          i think tcohen is not here yet - quite early in argentina
10:09 cait1          #topic Update on releases
10:08 cait1          ok, let's move to the next topic
10:08 Brooke         #link http://wiki.code4lib.org/MDC
10:08 Brooke         not terribly useful but
10:07 cait1          link?
10:07 Brooke         If anyone's in the DC/Baltimore area mid August, there's a Code4Lib meetup
10:07 Brooke         yep
10:06 cait1          any announcements?
10:06 drojf          internet is crazy, brb
10:06 cait1          there is always someone just after changing the topic :)
10:05 cait1          i knew it! heh
10:05 khall          #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
10:05 magnuse        #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
10:05 cait1          #topic Announcements
10:05 cait1          ok, let's moveon
10:03 cait1          i will wait a little longer
10:02 Jerwyn         #info Jerwyn Fernandez, Manila, Philippines
10:02 drojf          #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
10:02 Joubu          #info Jonathan Druart
10:02 davidnind      #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
10:02 Jerwyn         hello Brooke
10:02 cait1          welcome :) the #info will make your name show up in the list of attendees in the meeting logs
10:02 schnydszch     #info Eugene Espinoza Rome
10:01 Brooke         welcome Jerwyn
10:01 thd            #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
10:01 Jerwyn         fist timer here
10:01 cait1          #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
10:01 cait1          #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015
10:01 cait1          Please introduce your self with #info, following wahanui's example
10:00 wahanui        #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
10:00 cait1          #topic Introductions
10:00 huginn`        The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015'
10:00 huginn`        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:00 huginn`        Meeting started Wed Jul  8 10:00:52 2015 UTC.  The chair is cait1. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
10:00 cait1          #startmeeting General IRC Meeting 8 July 2015
10:00 thd            I could be more ready.
10:00 cait1          everyone ready?
10:00 cait1          ok
09:58 cait1          well... better a restart before the meeting than n the midst of it
09:55 cait1          huh
09:51 magnuse        http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015
09:50 magnuse        meeting in 10 minutes?
09:48 huginn`        indradg: The current temperature in Kolkata, India is 30.0°C (2:50 PM IST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 27.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Steady).
09:48 indradg        @wunder Kolkata
09:48 indradg        kia ora #koha
09:19 cait           hi Joubu :)
09:16 Joubu          Hello #koha
09:15 cait           drojf: i win ;)
09:04 huginn`        drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 21.0°C (10:50 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
09:04 drojf          @wunder berlin, germany
09:03 cait           there was some rain last night
09:02 cait           it might be ok today
09:02 magnuse        cait: not too bad, yet?
08:57 huginn`        cait: The current temperature in Bodensee Konstanz City, Konstanz, Germany is 20.4°C (10:56 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
08:57 cait           @wunder Konstanz
08:27 drojf          hei magnuse
08:27 magnuse        moin drojf
08:27 drojf          morning
07:38 gaetan_B       hello
07:20 dcook          Ciao folks\
07:18 dcook          En tout cas, I have to head home!
07:18 dcook          Nice!
07:13 magnuse        yup, supposed to reach 32 in the middle of the day
07:13 magnuse        yeah, it will probably get hotter...
07:04 dcook          Pretty warm for 8:30am though, no?
07:04 dcook          Hmm, I could handle being in Marseille about now...
07:04 huginn`        dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 14.0°C (4:30 PM AEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Rising).
07:04 dcook          @wunder syd
07:04 dcook          salut alex_a
07:03 huginn`        magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 25.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 22.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
07:03 magnuse        @wunder marseille
07:03 huginn`        magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 10.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.47 in 998 hPa (Steady).
07:03 magnuse        @wunder boo
07:01 alex_a         bonjour
06:59 dcook          hey magnuse :)
06:57 magnuse        hiya dcook
06:49 * dcook        has no idea
06:41 magnuse        meting in 3 hours 20 minutes? http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015
06:40 * magnuse      waves
06:38 reiveune       hello
04:26 wizzyrea       www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
04:26 wizzyrea       ew
04:26 wizzyrea       http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjHPOzQzk9Qo&ei=aqacVcqwN-HRmAXk2IHADQ&usg=AFQjCNF6ub27Ai_wDdzTTuZHfsk5XxpGvQ&sig2=Gm1v2qc-zIJBYU0HhgcjTw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.dGY
04:25 eythian        well, it's small, it has that going for it.
04:24 wizzyrea       is it making you depressed?
04:01 eythian        authorities/authorities-list.pl is some pretty bad looking code
03:16 dcook          hehe
03:15 wizzyrea       we should automatically create a bug like "make thing more flexible because it's hardcoded" after every one pushed like that.
03:14 dcook          It's a reminder though that when people say "I'm hardcoding this for now..." in a patch on Bugzilla, I should really say, "No... just... please no."
03:13 wizzyrea       \o/
03:13 dcook          Thankfully not :)
03:13 wizzyrea       a koha one?
03:02 dcook          I suppose I was told that this script was written by someone who didn't understand the purpose of the script, so... that probably explains it a bit too
02:59 dcook          This is pretty bad though...
02:58 dcook          Sometimes, I doubt my Perl skills... and then I look at some really really bad code and I feel better... and tell myself that I need to get better because there might be people who are better at coding than me who think the same thing I'm thinking now... but about my code.
02:43 wizzyrea       best turtle.
02:42 wahanui        http://33.media.tumblr.com/b3425d8454fa56c1d559458d655170ed/tumblr_nbrpcsI8m21sc9rdlo1_r2_400.gif
02:42 eythian        cait1: go back to bed
02:42 wizzyrea       bother :)
02:41 cait1          invaid nicks
02:41 cait1          nick cait,
02:41 cait1          hm can't name myself that
02:41 cait1          they will be a bit german, so yo might also keep looking for other test data :)
02:41 wizzyrea       :)
02:41 wizzyrea       cait1: because I am weird, I was trying to get huginn to schedule an alert next week (you can't do that, btw) but I noticed that you have huginn messages waiting for nicks cait: cait. and cait,
02:37 * wizzyrea     makes a note
02:37 cait1          remind me in a week or so?
02:35 wizzyrea       that would be sweeeeet cait1 <3
02:34 cait1          can share probably once i got some
02:34 cait1          still waitin to get test data from our union catalog
02:33 cait1          not yet
02:31 * dcook        has no idea :/
02:30 wizzyrea       where "all of the fields" is "the fields that RDA records do differently from AACR" and where "native" means this was a new or originally catalogued RDA record.
02:29 wizzyrea       nice to have is an importable format.
02:29 wizzyrea       Preferably RDA native (not converted), with all of their fields
02:28 dcook          What do you need specifically about them?
02:28 wizzyrea       suppose I could just go find some from LoC
02:28 wizzyrea       I need some frikkin RDA records, anybody have some that they'd share?
00:43 mtj            oh wow, ive just clicked to what pixton actually is
00:33 mtj            i really like the attention to facial hair in your link, rangi :0)
00:32 mtj            hey #koha