Time Nick Message 00:32 mtj hey #koha 00:33 mtj i really like the attention to facial hair in your link, rangi :0) 00:43 mtj oh wow, ive just clicked to what pixton actually is 02:28 wizzyrea I need some frikkin RDA records, anybody have some that they'd share? 02:28 wizzyrea suppose I could just go find some from LoC 02:28 dcook What do you need specifically about them? 02:29 wizzyrea Preferably RDA native (not converted), with all of their fields 02:29 wizzyrea nice to have is an importable format. 02:30 wizzyrea where "all of the fields" is "the fields that RDA records do differently from AACR" and where "native" means this was a new or originally catalogued RDA record. 02:31 * dcook has no idea :/ 02:33 cait1 not yet 02:34 cait1 still waitin to get test data from our union catalog 02:34 cait1 can share probably once i got some 02:35 wizzyrea that would be sweeeeet cait1 <3 02:37 cait1 remind me in a week or so? 02:37 * wizzyrea makes a note 02:41 wizzyrea cait1: because I am weird, I was trying to get huginn to schedule an alert next week (you can't do that, btw) but I noticed that you have huginn messages waiting for nicks cait: cait. and cait, 02:41 wizzyrea :) 02:41 cait1 they will be a bit german, so yo might also keep looking for other test data :) 02:41 cait1 hm can't name myself that 02:41 cait1 nick cait, 02:41 cait1 invaid nicks 02:42 wizzyrea bother :) 02:42 eythian cait1: go back to bed 02:42 wahanui http://33.media.tumblr.com/b3425d8454fa56c1d559458d655170ed/tumblr_nbrpcsI8m21sc9rdlo1_r2_400.gif 02:43 wizzyrea best turtle. 02:58 dcook Sometimes, I doubt my Perl skills... and then I look at some really really bad code and I feel better... and tell myself that I need to get better because there might be people who are better at coding than me who think the same thing I'm thinking now... but about my code. 02:59 dcook This is pretty bad though... 03:02 dcook I suppose I was told that this script was written by someone who didn't understand the purpose of the script, so... that probably explains it a bit too 03:13 wizzyrea a koha one? 03:13 dcook Thankfully not :) 03:13 wizzyrea \o/ 03:14 dcook It's a reminder though that when people say "I'm hardcoding this for now..." in a patch on Bugzilla, I should really say, "No... just... please no." 03:15 wizzyrea we should automatically create a bug like "make thing more flexible because it's hardcoded" after every one pushed like that. 03:16 dcook hehe 04:01 eythian authorities/authorities-list.pl is some pretty bad looking code 04:24 wizzyrea is it making you depressed? 04:25 eythian well, it's small, it has that going for it. 04:26 wizzyrea http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjHPOzQzk9Qo&ei=aqacVcqwN-HRmAXk2IHADQ&usg=AFQjCNF6ub27Ai_wDdzTTuZHfsk5XxpGvQ&sig2=Gm1v2qc-zIJBYU0HhgcjTw&bvm=bv.96952980,d.dGY 04:26 wizzyrea ew 04:26 wizzyrea www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo 06:38 reiveune hello 06:40 * magnuse waves 06:41 magnuse meting in 3 hours 20 minutes? http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015 06:49 * dcook has no idea 06:57 magnuse hiya dcook 06:59 dcook hey magnuse :) 07:01 alex_a bonjour 07:03 magnuse @wunder boo 07:03 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 10.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.47 in 998 hPa (Steady). 07:03 magnuse @wunder marseille 07:03 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 25.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 22.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady). 07:04 dcook salut alex_a 07:04 dcook @wunder syd 07:04 huginn` dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 14.0°C (4:30 PM AEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Rising). 07:04 dcook Hmm, I could handle being in Marseille about now... 07:04 dcook Pretty warm for 8:30am though, no? 07:13 magnuse yeah, it will probably get hotter... 07:13 magnuse yup, supposed to reach 32 in the middle of the day 07:18 dcook Nice! 07:18 dcook En tout cas, I have to head home! 07:20 dcook Ciao folks\ 07:38 gaetan_B hello 08:27 drojf morning 08:27 magnuse moin drojf 08:27 drojf hei magnuse 08:57 cait @wunder Konstanz 08:57 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Bodensee Konstanz City, Konstanz, Germany is 20.4°C (10:56 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady). 09:02 magnuse cait: not too bad, yet? 09:02 cait it might be ok today 09:03 cait there was some rain last night 09:04 drojf @wunder berlin, germany 09:04 huginn` drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 21.0°C (10:50 AM CEST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady). 09:15 cait drojf: i win ;) 09:16 Joubu Hello #koha 09:19 cait hi Joubu :) 09:48 indradg kia ora #koha 09:48 indradg @wunder Kolkata 09:48 huginn` indradg: The current temperature in Kolkata, India is 30.0°C (2:50 PM IST on July 08, 2015). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 27.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Steady). 09:50 magnuse meeting in 10 minutes? 09:51 magnuse http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015 09:55 cait1 huh 09:58 cait1 well... better a restart before the meeting than n the midst of it 10:00 cait1 ok 10:00 cait1 everyone ready? 10:00 thd I could be more ready. 10:00 cait1 #startmeeting General IRC Meeting 8 July 2015 10:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jul 8 10:00:52 2015 UTC. The chair is cait1. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. 10:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote. 10:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015' 10:00 cait1 #topic Introductions 10:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient 10:01 cait1 Please introduce your self with #info, following wahanui's example 10:01 cait1 #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_8_July_2015 10:01 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany 10:01 Jerwyn fist timer here 10:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City 10:01 Brooke welcome Jerwyn 10:02 schnydszch #info Eugene Espinoza Rome 10:02 cait1 welcome :) the #info will make your name show up in the list of attendees in the meeting logs 10:02 Jerwyn hello Brooke 10:02 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand 10:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart 10:02 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany 10:02 Jerwyn #info Jerwyn Fernandez, Manila, Philippines 10:03 cait1 i will wait a little longer 10:05 cait1 ok, let's moveon 10:05 cait1 #topic Announcements 10:05 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway 10:05 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions 10:05 cait1 i knew it! heh 10:06 cait1 there is always someone just after changing the topic :) 10:06 drojf internet is crazy, brb 10:06 cait1 any announcements? 10:07 Brooke yep 10:07 Brooke If anyone's in the DC/Baltimore area mid August, there's a Code4Lib meetup 10:07 cait1 link? 10:08 Brooke not terribly useful but 10:08 Brooke #link http://wiki.code4lib.org/MDC 10:08 cait1 ok, let's move to the next topic 10:09 cait1 #topic Update on releases 10:09 cait1 i think tcohen is not here yet - quite early in argentina 10:09 cait1 any of the RMaints? 10:10 cait1 could be a quick meeting :) 10:10 cait1 afaikt everything seems to be on track 10:11 cait1 we had a security release 10:12 cait1 some follow-up patches fixing some side effects of the security fixes will be in hte next releases i think 10:12 Joubu I think 3.18.x is still buggy: not possible to add/update a vendor 10:12 cait1 yep 10:12 cait1 there is also a proble with item search i think, but the patches are ready 10:13 cait1 thx Joubu 10:13 cait1 ok,moving on 10:13 cait1 #topic KohaCon15 10:14 cait1 #link http://koha-community.org/kohacon/kohacon15/ 10:14 cait1 i think today there is noone here from Nigeria 10:14 cait1 any questions or comments you want to have show up in the logs? 10:14 Jerwyn 3.18 - 3.20 inventory is bug 10:15 cait1 #topic KohaCon16 10:16 Jerwyn http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon16_Proposals 10:16 thd People from Greece have not added or not linked a detailed proposal. 10:16 Jerwyn show Greece 10:16 cait1 #info we got 2 bids right now, one from Aristotle Universtiy in Greece and another from National Library of the Philippines 10:16 cait1 #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon16_Proposals 10:17 cait1 thx Jerwyn 10:17 thd Anyone here from Aristotle University? 10:17 cait1 i don't think so - but votes only open in september 10:17 cait1 but votes are not before september, is what i meant 10:18 cait1 #info Voting will take place in September 10:18 cait1 maybe we could schedule something before in an irc meeting for people with questions? 10:18 Brooke I'm glad we have 2 bids from places we've not yet been :) 10:18 thd At some point a reminder may be needed for Aristotle University in case they are all on holiday. 10:18 Jerwyn if ever can we change the venue for the National Library Kohacon2016? 10:19 cait1 Jerwyn: i think you can still edit the wiki 10:19 Brooke the temporary demise of their banking system is prolly a bit more pressing than a KohaCon bid at present... 10:19 cait1 maybe add a note that it changes to be more visible 10:19 * thd has not been following the news closely :) 10:20 cait1 Jerwyn: do you want me to put a note in then minutes? what's the new location? 10:20 schnydszch_ #info we're having a hard time contacting the national libeary. They seemed are busy with transferring. But we're hoping national library of phils. Cooperates 10:20 Jerwyn got that cait they are renovating the building dont know when they will finish it. 10:20 cait1 you can also say it might change due to renovations or something... no problem changing the bids before the voting i think 10:21 Jerwyn cait have to check with the National Library Staff when they will finish the renovation. 10:21 schnydszch_ #info noted cait 10:21 cait1 #info The venue in the Philippines bid might change due to renovations of the building 10:22 schnydszch_ #but it will still be in the national capital 10:22 Jerwyn thanks cait 10:22 cait1 anything else? 10:22 schnydszch_ Or within the vicinity 10:22 schnydszch_ #info but it will still be in the national.capital. or within the vicinity 10:23 cait1 ok :) 10:23 cait1 moving on then :) 10:23 cait1 #topic Next steps in Fundraising 10:24 cait1 i think first we need to take a look at the bylaws / TOR 10:24 cait1 is someone from the fundraising committee here? 10:25 cait1 #info bylaws = Terms of Reference 10:25 cait1 #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising 10:25 cait1 any comments? 10:26 Brooke I will state that I hope in future we reach out to Mozilla or similar to get ideas for our governance rather than reinventing the wheel 10:26 drojf if there is nobody here, will we postpone it to the next meeting? 10:26 cait1 i first want to check if htere are open questions 10:27 cait1 i will leave it up to the meeting if we have a vote, if people are comfortable we can, if there is still need for discussion, we might postpone 10:27 khall I think we should go ahead and vote if nobody has any questions 10:27 davidnind Seems okay to me 10:27 thd While I agree somewhat with Brooke, borrowing complete documents from allied communities works somewhat less well than using the GPL in common. 10:27 khall I've read through it and it seems pretty straight forward to me 10:28 Brooke It's missing a lot of safeguards. 10:28 cait1 Brooke: safeguards? 10:28 Brooke I also hope that geography and diversity will be a bit of a bigger factor next yearish 10:29 cait1 i think it's hard to write that up - anyone can candidate 10:29 indradg #info Indranil Das Gupta 10:29 thd Brooke: what safeguards would be helpful apart from the issue of encouraging diversity? 10:30 khall cait1: is correct, these are simply the people who volunteered for the job 10:32 cait1 Brooke? 10:32 wahanui I'M TAKING THE PISS OUT OF 'EM. or a ratbag. 10:32 drojf sorry my wifi hates me 10:32 khall Brook, can you be more specific? 10:32 khall Brooke: ^ 10:32 Brooke sorry I'm having a discussion on the side. 10:33 Brooke Yes, specifically I'm worried that our bylaws are not strong enough on conflicts of interest, and I would like to see that bit flushed out much more. 10:33 khall Brooke: in what way? 10:33 Brooke I am not saying don't vote, I'm just saying I hope that people take the process as one of continuous improvement. 10:34 khall Brooke: absolutely, continuous improvement is what we're all about ; ) 10:34 thd If the vote is delayed currently then there should be further opportunity to propose changes before first use. 10:34 cait1 #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising#Article_3:_Conflicts_of_Interest 10:35 cait1 #idea improve paragraph on 'conflict of interest' 10:35 khall If there are no questions, shall we vote then? 10:36 cait1 first i'd like to ask: is there anyone here opposed to voting today? 10:36 davidnind There has been over a month already to provide feedback, more time allowed at last general meeting.. 10:36 cait1 i am preparing the vote statement now, giving you b it more time 10:36 cait1 always need a bit to get that right 10:37 indradg dumb question - membership means a member of the fundraising committee? 10:37 cait1 ... and it needs to be phrased as a question 10:37 cait1 i'd say so 10:37 khall indradg: that is correct 10:37 Brooke yep 10:37 cait1 Committee members shall be elected via vote in a Koha General Meeting 10:37 indradg ok 10:38 cait1 can someone help me phrase that vote as a question that makes sense? :) 10:38 khall how about "Do we approve the International Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Terms of Reference?" 10:39 khall cait1: the signatories were already approved in a previous vote, correct? 10:39 cait1 not quie 10:39 cait1 with one exception 10:39 cait1 paul_p added his name after the initial election 10:40 khall ok, let's cast a bigger net 10:40 cait1 so he has not been elected 10:40 schnydszch_ I move that we vote on the international koha fund raising committee term of reference 10:40 cait1 schnydszch working on it, one more moment please 10:40 khall "Do we approve the Fundraising Commitee and International Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Terms of Reference?" 10:40 cait1 #vote Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today. Do you approve? (yes,no) 10:40 schnydszch_ my bad.. 10:40 cait1 hm 10:41 cait1 that wasn't it 10:41 thd I have a question. 10:41 cait1 #vote Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today? 10:41 cait1 yes? 10:41 cait1 and please help me get the vote started someone... 10:41 indradg #vote yes 10:41 Jerwyn #vote yes 10:41 schnydszch_ #vote yes 10:41 cait1 sorry, it's not started correctly yet 10:41 cait1 i will have it now 10:42 cait1 thd: your question? 10:42 thd How would the conflict of interest clause not affect most members thus preventing a quarum? 10:42 cait1 yeah, i think that's a problem :) 10:42 cait1 #startvote Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today? 10:42 huginn` Begin voting on: Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today? Valid vote options are Yes, No. 10:42 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts. 10:42 cait1 ok, now please bote 10:42 cait1 vote 10:42 khall #vote yes 10:42 thd no 10:42 schnydszch_ #vote yes 10:42 davidnind #vote yes 10:42 thd #vote no 10:42 Jerwyn #vote yes 10:43 magnuse #vote yes 10:44 cait1 #vote abstain 10:45 indradg #vote abstain 10:45 cait1 i am giving this a bit longer to make sure everyone has voted 10:46 drojf grr 10:46 cait1 could someone look for the link to the email thread about the support vendor listing meanwhile? 10:46 cait1 drojf: vote is still open 10:46 drojf let me check the log what we are voring on :) 10:47 mtj #vote yes 10:47 drojf #vote abstain 10:47 cait1 the abstains are not counted by the bot, but will note them in the minutes 10:47 drojf cait1: thanks for waiting btw :) 10:47 cait1 ending the vote now 10:48 cait1 #endvote 10:48 * mtj waves from his fone 10:48 huginn` Voted on "Do you approve of the Koha Fund Fundraising Committee Bylaws/Terms of Reference as stated on the wiki today?" Results are 10:48 cait1 hm no results... 10:48 indradg bug? 10:48 wahanui bug is it stores biblionumber not itemnumber 10:49 cait1 #agreed. Results of the vote are: yes (6), no (1), abstain (3) 10:49 cait1 i hope i have counted correctly 10:49 cait1 please check 10:49 cait1 khall: i suggest we add voting on paul_p to the next agenda? 10:49 khall cait1: I will double check 10:49 cait1 he isn't around 10:50 cait1 and it seems not time criticial 10:50 khall cait1: is there a specific reason, or just that he's not around? 10:51 cait1 maybe just that it's not been on th eagenda :) 10:51 cait1 i always feel a bit uncomfortable doing votes that haven't been announced 10:51 davidnind the figures add up ! 10:51 cait1 thx davidnind 10:51 khall that's fine by me, like you said, probably not time critical 10:51 cait1 i will add an action 10:52 cait1 #action cait to add voting on Paul P for the fundraising committee to the next agenda 10:52 cait1 ok, moving on? 10:52 drojf a general remark: i would like to see people attend the meetings if they want the meeting to vote on things. 10:53 cait1 i second that... it would be a lot easier with someone involved around to answer questions and comments 10:53 khall let's vote on it! 10:53 khall ; ) 10:53 cait1 #topic Support vendor listing on the website 10:54 cait1 does someone have th elink to the email thread? 10:54 Brooke I want to keep it. It's one of the most frequently asked questions. 10:54 cait1 I often refer to it too... so I would like to have something like that at least 10:54 cait1 but i can understand the problems that have been raised 10:54 khall cait1: did you find a link to the mailing list thread? 10:55 cait1 not yet 10:55 davidnind still looking.. 10:55 cait1 got it 10:55 cait1 #link https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2015-July/043138.html 10:55 davidnind https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2015-July/043138.html 10:55 cait1 so far we have i think 2 ideas 10:55 davidnind I'm too slow! 10:56 cait1 #idea proposal to remove the 'paid support' list 10:56 cait1 #idea move the 'paid support' list to the wiki 10:56 magnuse i think "koha has 40+ support companies all over the world" is something of a unique selling point for koha, so i'd like to keep it, in some form 10:56 magnuse moving it to the wiki sounds good to me 10:56 mtj Me too 10:56 drojf moving it to the wiki sounds bad to me 10:57 cait1 it's also more neutral if you can say other vendors can be found there... instead of having to give someone a list or maintain one yourself 10:57 drojf if it is all evil now, why would it be ny good in the wiki? 10:57 drojf any 10:57 cait1 i think the idea was to have it less official there 10:57 magnuse i don't think it is all evil now 10:57 davidnind I think it should be kept, I think it is clear to me that there is no 'official support providers' 10:57 magnuse yeah, the wiki would be less official 10:57 indradg we have a baby and bathwater problem 10:58 Brooke nope, we have a tempest in a teapot problem. :P 10:58 cait1 stop confusing the chair please 10:58 davidnind I am happy to help maintain if more help is required - the criteria are quite clear, and what it means is quite clear as well 10:58 drojf i think it is not my problem if people consider it an official list, why it says otherwise. i don't care. it's not the lists fault 10:58 schnydszch there should be a disclaimer in the wiki that it is not an official list 10:59 cait1 i think one of the problems raised was possible legal issues removing a company that no longer links back or offers koha services 10:59 Brooke anyway, I think we basically have some of this information redundantly on the wiki since the Users' pages sometimes have a vendor included in the table for the installation sites. 10:59 drojf what i find problematic is all the maintining work and what comes with it. people getting insulted and so on 10:59 khall It seems that moving it to the wiki is the best middle ground idea. I 10:59 thd Is there a claim that the website listings are not being updated quickly enough? 10:59 khall thd: vendors are using the website listing as proof they are an 'official' Koha vendor 10:59 cait1 #link http://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/ 10:59 drojf and moving it to the wiki would just move the craziness. do we want to have edit wars there because some people can't behave? 10:59 schnydszch and so is the current koha support list page 10:59 cait1 please note that there is a disclaimer already, but people still seem not to read it... 11:00 indradg khall: not just the vendors, even the end users are looking at it as official list 11:00 Brooke we can't be responsible for folks just not reading. 11:00 drojf if it is in the wiki, it is the official list in the wiki, for those who want it to be 11:00 khall From Tomas: 11:00 khall Some places, notably India and others, expect some kind of 11:00 khall official certification for service providers, and people are referring to 11:00 khall being listed on the site as a way to certify their validation as service 11:00 khall providers. 11:00 drojf khall: and they will refer to the wiki from then on 11:00 khall The list is being abused, simply put 11:00 drojf i don't see any win 11:00 thd khall: I recognise the previous complaint from indradg . 11:01 khall A wiki is specifically editable by anyone, so in my mind it loses a lot of "status" 11:01 drojf if we don't want to keep it, i'd say delete it, link to the dashboard, done 11:01 drojf khall: what status does the other list have in your mind? 11:01 khall drojf: "other list"? 11:01 cait1 from our current disclamer: "Inclusion on this directory implies no “official” status whatsoever. Any organization who claims to be an “official” Koha support provider is misrepresenting their relationship to the Koha project." 11:01 drojf khall: the list now, as it is. and compare that to others peoples minds that are the problem right now ;) 11:02 mtj Drojf. You have a better idea than the wiki? 11:02 Brooke I've to go to work. Cheers, folks. 11:02 drojf mtj link to the dashboard to find companies that contribute 11:02 khall the problem is we all have the "curse of knowledge" in regards to what the list really is 11:02 thd I think that a stronger disclaimer on the website would be better than relying solely upon the wiki. 11:03 cait1 might lead to a lot of typo fixes heh 11:03 cait1 davidnind: i read you#d be willing to help out? 11:03 Jerwyn actually I registered our company to be put in the list. For some reasons the paid support maintaining body is not updating it. On the contrary I have no problem with it. :) 11:03 drojf i really do not see how moving it to a different place will change anything for those that don't understand what the list now is. it will be exactly the same. plus people editing each others entries 11:03 khall I also don't think lines of code is a good single-factor way of saying who's contributing 11:04 khall for example, the entire manual done by nicole 11:04 mtj Drojf. Ah OK. Sorry.. Irc is laggy 11:04 drojf true 11:04 schnydszch i second the motion khall 11:04 khall and what about when one company hires another? Case in point, the elastic search development 11:04 cait1 also companies are different size/offer differnt things 11:04 cait1 we don't have a full time koha dev... but we are still involved 11:04 thd Relying solely on the wiki may lead to the opposite impression of an official endorsement ... namely no presumption that possible wiki spammers have been excluded. 11:04 davidnind I would be happy to help with requests. I think it is better to keep list as it is - to make sure that at least the criteria for listing are met. 11:04 cait1 just doens't show in lines of code 11:04 khall plus it ignores all the support everyone gives on the mailing list gratis 11:05 schnydszch you certainly hit it khall. 11:05 cait1 #action davidnind is volunteering to help out maintaining the current list 11:05 davidnind Having a dashboard of contributors would also help - this could be linked from the paid support providers list 11:05 cait1 davidnind: could you maybe get in contact with wizzyrea about this? 11:05 davidnind cait1: will do 11:06 indradg davidnind: vendors wanting to get listed are complying when listing up. Once done, the pages are being changed to reflect an alternate 'reality'. Are we ready to police that? 11:06 drojf true. but does that actually change anything in reality? who does the manual, who does support on the list? bywater is certainly in the dashboard, so are others. how many companies are there that exclusively answer questions on the list? 11:06 drojf (and do not a single signoff, for example) 11:07 thd davidnind: What would a dashboard be? 11:07 schnydszch and how about those people who asked other people directly and not directly in in Koha community? gratis and that's how other people who have known other Koha people ask and goes into Koha 11:07 drojf not saying it is the best possible idea. just trying to think in a direction away from what we have now 11:07 davidnind As part of maintaining the list, could have a regular review of those listed e.g. annually 11:07 cait1 #idea a dashboard showing contributions/contributors instead 11:08 Jerwyn should be a least quarterly 11:08 drojf Jerwyn: are you volunteering? 11:08 davidnind thd: proposal for a dashboard to show the organisations/individuals are contributing to Koha development 11:09 khall I don't know if this is a terrible idea, but maybe there could be a registration fee paid to some entity and that entity would use the money to do the 'policing'. I don't think we're ready for that yet 11:09 cait1 khall: maybe once we get the fundraising sorted... 11:09 khall cait1: agreed 11:09 Jerwyn drokf: can be 11:09 cait1 also it seems a bit contrary to our basic principles hm 11:09 drojf when people pay they are entitled to be listed. or do you want to make them pay for the check and not list then? 11:09 davidnind khall; probably a terrible idea, don't think we are ready for that 11:09 thd Any attempt to objectively quantify contributions will ultimately be necessarily unfair and an extremely poor substitute for investigation on the part of libraries wanting services. 11:10 khall cait1: yes, it's kind of an icky thought, but would solve all the problems 11:10 cait1 khall: not sure, some will happily pay and still be evil :) 11:10 khall thd: I definitely agree 11:10 khall cait1: but at least they will be evil within the rules ; ) 11:11 thd A dashboard is what people at LibLime introduced in 2009? as a means of diminishing their competitors unfairly. 11:11 cait1 i think it was the reason we said we have a low barrier and not many checks - it's just too hard to judge failry 11:11 Jerwyn #idea let the paid support donate something from the community fundraising 11:11 davidnind I think the dashboard idea was so that this could more easily verify vendors claims that they 'contribute extensively' to Koha development 11:11 mtj A dashboard is great. But its a different thing than a vendor list 11:12 davidnind mtj: agreed, complementary but different, and for different purposes 11:12 mtj It doesn't help someone find koha support in their area 11:12 khall davidnind: I'm generally be down with the idea in that sense, but mtj is right 11:12 schnydszch thd like what I've said how can you quantify gratis answers from people who asked you, that instead of focusing with primary work, you answer their questions even though you already told them that there is this koha community 11:12 thd davidnind: The idea of a dashboard is only good in abstract principle. There is no practise which would not lead to even unintended unfairness. 11:13 cait1 i tend to agree, such a think would be really hard to get right 11:13 davidnind How do we come some conclusion/way forward for this? 11:14 cait1 good question 11:14 thd There are some problems for which the possible remedies are worse than the problem itself. 11:14 cait1 we have collected some ideas 11:14 khall indeed, I think we have three options at the moment 11:14 khall 1) Do nothing 11:14 cait1 maybe a next step would be to flesh them out on the wiki ? 11:14 khall 2) Delete it 11:14 khall 3) Move it to the wiki 11:14 mtj We should at least try a wiki method. If we have problems. Then do dething else 11:14 cait1 #idea keep it like it is - some help in maintaining it was offered 11:15 khall do we have any more ideas of merit that are actionable? 11:15 indradg #idea - a compromise: move the list to wiki... anyone can edit and place their names on it. And website links to dashboard. 11:15 thd Would adding a wiki page redundantly be helpful? 11:15 khall Right now I count 45 listings 11:16 drojf i get junk mails from india now because of that list, btw. »I hope this email finds you in good health and high spirits. We're a team of creative geeks based out in India!!« 11:16 Joubu $ 11:16 * Joubu should not clean his kb... 11:16 cait1 a downside of the wiki might be that all we can do is sort alphabetically... maybe list by region 11:16 khall really, policing that many wouldn't be super difficult, except for the language barrier, which is a very high barrier itself 11:16 davidnind My suggestion: continue to maintain the list with more help and make sure vendors meet the criteria; add RFC to wiki to flesh out the ideas suggested here 11:17 drojf davidnind: +1 11:17 cait1 yep that sounds good 11:17 cait1 i thik a list of options for the next meeting 11:17 cait1 and maybe we can then make a decision 11:17 thd Would adding a wiki page redundantly be helpful in addition to having the same content also in a web page which has been checked for spammers more completely? 11:17 cait1 does that sound ok? 11:17 indradg khall: India has has the highest number of listed vendors, at least 3 - 4 are pending inclusion and more are ready to pop up 11:17 drojf thd: have the same list twice? or am i misunderstanding? 11:18 khall in that case I think we'll need a team of watchers who cover all the languages those websites are available in 11:18 thd yes droijf 11:18 cait1 i like thelively discussion 11:18 davidnind I don't think you would want two lists 11:18 thd yes drojf 11:18 drojf thd: then we have all prossible problems of both places 11:18 cait1 but i think we need to move on now to get this meeting to an end at some point :) 11:18 drojf all the work with the maintained list and the edit wars ;) 11:19 davidnind cait1: agreed 11:19 cait1 #action Everyone to help add a list of options on how to proceed with the vendor listing to the wiki for the next meeting 11:19 cait1 davidnind++ for your offer of helping out - thx! 11:19 thd drojf: I agree with your argument that redundancy would be bad. 11:19 cait1 i will try to start an agenda later - please feel free to add to it! 11:20 khall #idea a team of volunteers covering all the languages needed to review the websites periodically 11:20 cait1 i will just try to give a starting point to make it easier for you all 11:20 cait1 to go in and add 11:20 cait1 ok, moving on 11:20 cait1 #topic GBSD 11:21 cait1 i had proposed to magnuse to have another gbsd, maybe in combination with a qa sprint 11:22 cait1 but we are both in doubt a bit, because: The last Global Bug Squashing Days have not generated a lot of signoffs. Why? How can we get more people excited and ready to contribute? 11:22 cait1 citing from the wiki 11:22 cait1 magnuse: still there? 11:22 wahanui there is no way to add items to a list? 11:22 drojf wahanui: what? 11:22 wahanui drojf: wish i knew 11:23 cait1 now everyone has gone quiet heh 11:23 cait1 i think the gbsd in the evergreen community seems to be a bit more successful right now 11:24 khall cait1: any idea what they are doing that we aren't? 11:24 cait1 but i haven't checked how they are exactly organized 11:24 cait1 not yet 11:24 thd What is done differently with Evergreen GBSDs? 11:24 cait1 #idea have people suggest bugs they want to test beforehand and make sure they apply/are sandbox ready 11:24 drojf khall: take part? :P 11:25 khall lol 11:26 drojf apart from announcements i did not have much of a GBSD feeling the last times. did not seem that people are really doing this together, they just continued to do everyday work 11:26 cait1 it doesn't look really different - maybe it#s just newer, getting more attention? 11:26 cait1 #link http://evergreen-ils.org/evergreen-bug-squashing-day/ 11:26 cait1 drojf: yeah... but how can we change that? 11:26 cait1 another diea maybe 11:26 davidnind My thought is it depends on the underlying purpose: encourage contribution (including coaching new participants) or getting things done -- or both 11:27 cait1 #idea offer a beginners tutorial on that day - like helping people set up a kohadevbox 11:27 thd davidnind++ 11:27 indradg cait1++ for the idea 11:27 davidnind Should it be made regular event? e.g. every month, or six weeks 11:28 khall cait1: one thing of note I see are they set up pre-configured sandboxes by request beforehand 11:28 cait1 #idea encourage contribution - including coaching new participants 11:28 davidnind cait1++ 11:28 cait1 khall: yeah, something we could do too i think - maybe elastic, accounts rewrite etc. 11:28 cait1 that could get people to come out a bit more 11:28 khall cait1: I think I can help with that, I was already planning a server with many preconfigured test sites 11:29 khall assuming I can convince larry to give me more disk space ; ) 11:29 schnydszch those are goof ideas cait, i want to attend GBSD in e the near future 11:29 cait1 #idea set up pre-configured sandboxes beforehand 11:29 cait1 schnydszch :) 11:29 khall I can spin up a test site with the default sample data and a bug applied right quick 11:30 schnydszch great ideas 11:30 khall but it won't have any ability to add a sign off until I write that part 11:30 cait1 khall: we have some sandboxes where you can do that - maybe you could use the code 11:30 khall but I imagine I can steal that code out of biblibre's sandbox code 11:30 cait1 i think it's in our gneeral repo, the sandbox stuff 11:30 khall excellent 11:31 cait1 might be worth checking if it's the most current version, but i think i saw it there 11:31 cait1 also ashimema and Joubu might be able to give pointers 11:31 drojf it is in there 11:31 cait1 so people are in favour of trying again with the GBSD? :) 11:31 Joubu yes repo contrib 11:31 indradg yep! 11:31 indradg cait1: +1 11:32 davidnind yes 11:32 thd Maybe I should comment on why I have never participated in a GBSD. 11:32 cait1 i think i could try and get people to add some 'events' - like find someone to run a tutorial 11:32 khall pelase do 11:32 cait1 not sure i could run one myself 11:32 khall cait1: are you meaning virtual? 11:33 thd I do not do real time programming well, however, there may be other tasks which could engage me on such days. 11:33 schnydszch dumb question with the bug list, is there a way by browsing by bug number, not by category then bug nos. and I approve for another GBSD 11:33 cait1 but it might get early august then for a date - as I don't have a lot of time currently 11:33 cait1 schnydszch sorry, not sure i understand 11:34 khall I'd be willing to do a virtual bootcamp over gotomeeting or whatever is available 11:34 schnydszch browsing of bugs in http://bugs.koha-community.org/ wherein you can browse from the latest bug number, regardless of component 11:35 cait1 hm what i have is a saved search for all open 11:35 cait1 and then sort by bug number 11:35 Jerwyn_ +1 to virtual bootcamp 11:35 drojf khall: i may or may not do a second try with a webinar software, which we could use for stuff like that. i had some technical difficulties the last time though 11:35 khall cait1: for the sandbox stuff we need a form somehwere like this: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ai8yL-XbCo3v8dxgMTCYcam_OtM93yzXv1WYF3MUm8Y/viewform 11:35 cait1 i think that might be the easiest way 11:35 cait1 #action khall to run a virtual bootcamp during GBSD 11:35 schnydszch ok thanks cait, i'll take note of that 11:35 khall cait1: if we could get more bootcamp volunteers to get better timezone coverage that would be best 11:36 cait1 khall: we can do a google doc or an etherpad 11:36 schnydszch +2 to vitual bootcamp 11:36 cait1 maybe 11:36 cait1 and also ask on the mailing list 11:36 cait1 #idea run a webinar 11:37 cait1 thx all for the enthusiasm and offering help :) 11:37 cait1 would the first week of august work as a first idea for this? 11:37 cait1 i know we are running into vacation time in europe... but i guess hard to avoid running into vacation time somewhere 11:38 drojf i just wanted to say that august is probably not great for europe… 11:38 khall early august is bad for me and bywater peeps in general 11:38 cait1 ah 11:38 cait1 hm 11:38 cait1 another proposal? 11:38 khall we have KohaNA and then a ByWater staff retreat 11:38 schnydszch i'm in europe, but I approve august, no vacation for me 11:39 cait1 last week of july maybe? 11:39 drojf too soon maybe 11:39 cait1 the last 2 weeks of august are bad for me... but that of course shouldn#t stop anyone from squashing bugs :) 11:39 drojf if you want to get new people involved 11:39 cait1 just a bit hard to be there then 11:39 khall how about late august? 11:39 khall sorry cait1 didn't see your comment 11:40 cait1 that's alright 11:40 khall what about early september? 11:40 drojf when is kohacon? 11:40 Jerwyn_ last week of july 11:40 khall that would give me plenty of time to figure out my sandbox stuff 11:40 cait1 i could try to help organizing, but probably wouldn't make it to attend - so someone should be there to see things go smoothly 11:40 cait1 drojf: october :) 11:40 drojf then i'd say early september too 11:40 cait1 with early september we are running a bit close to the deadlines... but it should still work 11:40 cait1 ok 11:40 schnydszch early september 11:41 cait1 #idea have a GBSD event early september 11:41 indradg +1 for early september 11:41 thd early September++ 11:42 cait1 ok, let's try to keep this one moving :) 11:42 cait1 #action cait to send an email proposing a date early september and asking for tutorials on the list 11:42 Jerwyn_ first week of September would do 11:42 cait1 i think picking bugs needs to be a bit closer to the date probably 11:42 indradg yes 11:42 cait1 but we could get some general thins on the agenda early on 11:43 cait1 moving on? 11:43 Jerwyn_ + 11:43 cait1 #topic Actions from last meeting 11:43 cait1 just reading the bylaws - which we hopefully have done before voting 11:43 cait1 #info all done 11:43 cait1 #topic Next meeting 11:43 thd Would we not pick a date for GBSD? 11:44 davidnind Recent meetings: 8 April 2015 19:00 UTC -- 6 May 2015 10:00 UTC -- 10 June 2015 20:00 UTC -- 8 July 2015 10:00 UTC 11:44 cait1 we could do it now and i'd run it then on the mailing list 11:44 cait1 what about wednesdays? 11:44 cait1 any day preference? 11:44 Jerwyn_ cant on wednesday 11:44 cait1 fridays? 11:44 wahanui fridays are too difficult heh 11:45 Jerwyn_ Thursday 11:45 khall any weekday should work for me 11:45 cait1 thursday sounds good 11:45 khall September 3 then? 11:45 schnydszch thursday +1 11:45 cait1 i am not going to do the vote thing again,... but september 3rd please vote :) 11:45 cait1 +1 11:45 thd What day of the week has been usual for Koha GBSDs? 11:45 Jerwyn_ September 3 +1 11:46 khall +1 11:46 cait1 ithink we had different days 11:46 cait1 but haven't checked closely 11:46 davidnind +1 11:46 schnydszch +1 Sept. 3 11:46 thd 3 Sep. +1 11:46 khall afk 11:46 cait1 #agreed Proposed date for the next GBSD is September 3rd - suggestions and help organising welcome! 11:46 Jerwyn_ sorry to ask in what time? 11:47 cait1 usually they run the full day 11:47 cait1 in whatever time zone 11:47 cait1 what we could do this time with the tuturials is set some specific times 11:47 schnydszch start time? for the tuts 11:47 cait1 so there are some events during the day maybe 11:47 Jerwyn_ I mean for the virtual bootcamp 11:47 cait1 i tihnk it would depend on the one doing it 11:47 Jerwyn_ will just wait for further announcements 11:48 cait1 next meeting is 20 utc i think 11:48 cait1 august 5th or 6th maybe? 11:49 Jerwyn_ 6th 11:49 cait1 quick, people :) 11:49 Jerwyn_ still Thursday 11:49 davidnind Wednesday 5th 11:49 thd Have we skipped old business? 11:50 cait1 nope, therw as no old business according to the meeting logs 11:50 schnydszch vote for 6th 11:50 cait1 quick vote please - 5th or 6th 11:50 cait1 now 11:50 cait1 you got a minute :) 11:50 Jerwyn_ 6th for me 11:50 thd Wed. 5th 11:50 cait1 6th +1 11:50 davidnind vote for the 5th to keep consistent 11:51 thd I prefer not the first Wed. 11:51 cait1 hm - that#s a point 11:51 davidnind otherwise up to the chair 11:51 thd I prefer 12th 11:51 davidnind generally try to have in the first week of the month 11:51 cait1 i'd like to keep the distance not too long as it seems lots to discuss recently 11:52 cait1 i am going with 5th - the consistency got me (being QA and all..) 11:52 cait1 #info next meeting will take place on Wednesday, 5 August, 20 UTC 11:52 cait1 #endmeeting 11:52 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jul 8 11:52:51 2015 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4) 11:52 huginn` Minutes: http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.html 11:52 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.txt 11:52 huginn` Log: http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting_8_july_2015.2015-07-08-10.00.log.html 11:52 davidnind cait++ thanks for chairing the meeting, 11:52 cait1 thx all for attending! 11:53 cait1 davidnind: got quite late for you davidnind - thanks for staying around :) 11:53 Jerwyn_ I always have bible studies every wed's 11:53 Jerwyn_ nice meeting you guys! 11:53 davidnind I'm normally up this late, so not too bad 11:54 * thd did not sleep the night before. 11:54 Jerwyn_ we just have typhoon here in the Philippines that is why I was able to attend today.. :) 11:54 davidnind I think as soon as you say it will be a quick meeting, it isn't.. 11:54 cait1 heh yeah 11:54 cait1 i should bite my tongue next time 11:55 cait1 Jerwyn_: thx for attending :) 11:55 davidnind Jerwyn_: that doesn't sound good 11:56 Jerwyn_ cait1: until next time :) 11:56 thd caitl: On a trivial note maybe you missed advancing the agenda for the meeting log to picking a date and time for next meeting. 11:56 Jerwyn_ davidnid: yeah its been raining for almost a week 11:57 cait1 thd: hm i think i did 11:57 cait1 (13:43:49) huginn` hat das Thema zu Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 8 July 2015) abgeändert 11:57 davidnind Jerwyn_: stay safe 11:58 Jerwyn_ davidnin: thanks man 11:58 thd I hope to be faster with an announcement for the next meeting ... 12:00 thd ... I have been helping a friend avoid eviction and will resume working on the wiki when he seems safe from eviction which may not be until mid-August. 12:14 drojf cait++ # chair stuff 12:18 thd Sleep at last. 12:25 tcohen morning #koha! 12:35 * magnuse apologizes for disappearing 12:39 magnuse ¡hola tcohen! 12:55 barton I wonder if it would be possible to add a script to huginn` which woujld look for new nicks (perhaps after a few days on #koha) and send a @later inviting the new member to put their nick and name on http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Regulars 13:29 JRJML_Director so yeah. our library used to have two branches and one of them is now closed. what do i do with all these notices and slips? 13:29 JRJML_Director i've basically got 3 copies of every one. one for my branch, one for the old branch, and one for "all libraries" 13:30 JRJML_Director theoretically i could remove everything and keep the "all libraries" 13:31 JRJML_Director is that correct? 13:36 tcohen can anyone from the QA team take a look at 14453? 13:46 tcohen back 14:19 cait1 bug 14453 14:19 huginn` 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14453 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , kohaidx is missing for id in authority-koha-indexdefs.xml 14:20 cait1 khall: do you have a moment for that maybe? 14:20 khall sure! 14:45 AmitG heya indradg 14:52 tcohen hi AmitG 14:54 AmitG hi tcohen 15:01 barton indradg: I just ran across the vim buffer where I was looking at C4/Circulation.pm -- did you figure out what you needed with regard to the message transport types? 15:24 JRJML_Director So. Trying to generate printed 60 day notices 15:24 JRJML_Director i have the trigger set, i have a notice template set 15:25 JRJML_Director what other magic tricks do we have to do to get this stuff to actually print. 15:26 JRJML_Director where does koha know which printer to use? how does it all work? 15:26 JRJML_Director oh ok. my IT guy says you have to put a command line to printoverdues.sh 15:28 JRJML_Director we want to know the exact definition where to specify the notices directory for sending these jobs to a queue so we can make a script to print from that directory 15:46 mtompset Greetings, #koha. 15:47 mtompset nengard: Did you see my comment on bug 12329? 15:47 huginn` 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12329 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Inventory setting date last seen to 0 15:47 mtompset @seen nengard 15:47 huginn` mtompset: nengard was last seen in #koha 1 day, 19 hours, 24 minutes, and 22 seconds ago: <nengard> hola #koha 15:47 nengard just saw it now 15:47 nengard am catching up after being away for a few days 15:47 tcohen mtompset: we are loosing the coding guidelines for the help pages, because Nicole copy/pastes from the manual, otherwise is too much work 15:48 mtompset tcohen: Broader context? I kind of forget everything I have done. :) 15:49 tcohen you failed qa a bug in which nicole was adding documentation for the new features in 3.20 15:49 mtompset Oh... the help pages. There was a bug... 15:49 tcohen exactly 15:50 mtompset Would anyone object if I fix the whitespace issues, and sign off? 15:50 tcohen don't waste your time! 15:51 tcohen or teach nicole how to do it almost-automatically 15:51 tcohen because this will happen again and again 15:51 mtompset Good idea... I'll note the git settings to auto-fix. 15:53 druthb It's getting really hot and stuffy in here. Our team's meeting room was really bad, as the sun hits that wall directly at this time of day. 15:56 mtompset tcohen: I noted our conversation here, quoted you, and signed off the bug. -- Oops... forgot to attached signed off version. 15:59 mtompset Sounds like time to go home for lunch, and work from home if possible, druthb. :) 16:00 tcohen thanks mtompset 16:00 tcohen and 16:00 tcohen nengard: good job 16:00 nengard what for ... what'd i miss 16:00 druthb very tempting, mtompset 16:00 tcohen 3.20 docs 16:00 mtompset updated help files. :) 16:01 nengard oh! thanks tcohen - i did try to run a plugin on the manual to clean up all the spacing and capitalization ... it crashed 16:01 nengard hehe 16:01 tcohen we are good 16:01 mtompset nengard: I mentioned some git settings which should help in the future on the bug. 16:01 nengard oh cool 16:01 nengard okay 16:32 CanuckPaul Absolute newbie -- am I connected? 16:32 pianohacker CanuckPaul: yup, we hear you loud and clear 16:33 CanuckPaul Thanks - clear blue skies on the shores of Lake Ontario. On Koha lists I sign as Paul.A 16:34 AmitG @bug 14472 16:34 huginn` AmitG: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14472 major, P5 - low, ---, amitddng135, Needs Signoff , Wrong ISSN search index in record matching rules 16:37 mtompset Have a great day, #koha pianohacker CanuckPaul nengard tcohen. 16:40 AmitG Good night all!!! 17:37 tcohen matts_away: around? 17:48 cait1 too late here i think 17:48 cait1 it's almost 8pm 17:48 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14453: (followup) Fix shipped XSLT files <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=fbe25b1d8e1806768b04d829bd9fc1a05f4861cf> / Bug 14453: kohaidx is missing for id in authority-koha-indexdefs.xml <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=2365537eea9d5cd6526843b1cd0c2152a6def06c> / Bug 14326: XSLT Syntax error in MARC21slimOPACResults.xsl <http://git.koha-community.org/gitwe 18:02 CanuckPaul Ping? 18:02 wahanui Using deft allegory, the authors have provided an insightful and intuitive explanation of one of Unix's most venerable networking utilities. http://www.amazon.com/Story-about-Reading-Railroad-Books/dp/0448421658 18:18 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3206: (RM followup) DBIx updates <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=bc29f6226fd641ec3fcd56aec3a95fe14635714d> / Bug 3206: DBRev 3.21.00.014 <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=b9cc3e8e72c56d0c62d52071afc1eb8b7b82cf17> / Bug 3206: (QA followup) OAI repository deleted records support. <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6d91e791cdf852 18:22 tcohen ok, leaving home right now, have a nice (rest of the) day #koha 19:10 cait1 davidnind++ 19:11 cait1 #adding agenda for next meeting 19:27 francharb Hello #koha! 19:27 drojf hi francharb 19:27 francharb How is everything? 19:27 francharb I was wondering 19:27 francharb Has anyone experienced xslt translation issues with koha 3.20? 19:29 francharb I try to update to po files (translate update fr-CA) and I just find a couple of strings from compact.xsl and plainmarc.xsl 19:29 francharb Is there a new way to translate the xslts? 19:39 cait1 francharb: they are probably in separate po files now 19:40 cait1 francharb: we now have marc specific po files 19:40 francharb Hi cait! 19:40 cait1 so you no longer need to translate normarc:) 19:40 francharb I checked that 19:41 cait1 http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/3.20/ 19:41 francharb but those are for the marc frameworks 19:41 cait1 hm, not sure 19:42 cait1 actually the marc frameworks are also separate 19:42 cait1 a level above the version po files 19:42 cait1 http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/ 19:42 cait1 marc21 SQL Files 19:44 cait1 i don't think bernardo has some ready for the unimarc/normarc files yet 19:44 francharb Thanks! I should have paid more attention on this one. When I checked, i understood it was cataloguing specific 19:44 francharb but obviously, I was wrong 19:44 francharb I just checked and I can find the xslt strings 19:44 francharb wouhou! 19:44 francharb Thanks cait1 ! 19:45 francharb You're right, it's all in the database 19:45 francharb why did I think it could be in a po file?? 19:47 cait1 maybe we cause we started to do that - just didn't get to make it for all frameworks i guess 19:47 cait1 francharb: are you using marc21 in canada? 19:48 francharb yes cait1, marc21 19:48 cait1 because when you translate the po file for the marc21 frameworks here http://translate.koha-community.org/fr_CA/marc21/ you can then download translated framework files 19:48 cait1 from here http://translate.koha-community.org/files/fr_CA/ 19:48 cait1 and use that to make a patch 19:48 francharb thanks for the tip 19:49 cait1 they update automatically, but i am not sure how often 19:49 cait1 bgkriegel++ 20:02 mtompset Greetings, #koha. 20:02 mtompset How do I trigger opac grouped search results? 20:05 cait1 i am not sure it's currently possible 20:05 cait1 it was related to pazpar2 20:05 cait1 which to my knowledge is not fully functional currently 20:05 cait1 you can try switch the syspref 20:05 cait1 but it migt break search 20:07 mtompset which sys pref? 20:08 mtompset Found it. 20:08 mtompset Does anyone actually use parpaz? 20:08 pianohacker mtompset: you'll also have to set up pazpar2 20:08 mtompset I'll leave the bug then. :P 20:08 pianohacker mtompset: I used it for rancor's original metasearch, and my first try at bug 10486 20:08 huginn` 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC 20:09 mtompset I was looking at bug 14259. 20:09 huginn` 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14259 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, ASSIGNED , OPAC system preference BiblioDefaultView is ignored 20:09 mtompset Realized I fixed the wrong file. :) 20:09 mtompset So got the fix working. 20:09 pianohacker it did what it said on the tin but was difficult to understand, hard to set up, broke occasionally in hard-to-diagnose ways, and introduced breaking config changes in bugfix releases 20:09 mtompset Then realized it is broken in opac-results-grouped.tt as well. 20:10 pianohacker so I'd recommend not touching the grouped results stuff :) 20:10 mtompset like I said... I'll leave the bug. :) 20:10 mtompset Now to write up a decent test plan, and I should have something to post for the non-XSLT stuff. :) 20:20 cait1 if you are looking for another - 14508 looks interesting :) 20:21 rangi morning 20:58 * magnuse shouts "kia ora rangi", then falls asleep 20:58 cait1 morning rangi 20:59 * cait1 wanders if this magnuse is a bot 21:01 pianohacker cait1: really dang slow one if so :) 21:02 cait1 oh i missed andreashm 21:02 mtompset He was running on a 300baud modem connection with a 8Mhz cpu? ;) 21:02 * mtompset goes to check out his vehicle. 21:09 tcohen hi 21:09 wahanui hola, tcohen 21:15 cait1 hola 21:15 wahanui privet, cait1 21:20 tcohen hola Katrina, ¿como estas? 21:23 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3206: (QA followup) missing comma on sysprefs.sql <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6e9086fb2c4d031e6e99efca85ad4a5f3c0b9f42> 21:26 cait1 bien 21:26 eythian hi 21:26 cait1 y tú? 21:30 * andreashm waves 21:31 liz hi 21:31 wizzyrea_ hi again 21:32 cait1 hi andreashm :) 21:32 andreashm hi cait, double-hi wizzyrea_ 21:33 cait1 just read your email 21:33 cait1 i will check the etherpad tomorrow if that is ok? 21:34 cait1 i am travelling from friday to sunday so probably can't do much until next week - but will try to send some comments before :) 21:34 andreashm cait: no problem whatsoever. 21:35 cait1 :) 21:35 andreashm I've been terribly slow with this, you are the fast one. =) 21:36 cait1 not really 21:36 cait1 but i think as long as we figure it out before august it's ok :) 21:37 andreashm yeah, I'm not to worried. 21:40 tcohen cait1: muy bien, encontrando bichos no deseados 21:40 cait1 bichos no deseados? 21:43 tcohen unwanted bugs 21:43 cait1 oh 21:56 wizzyrea_ invoices in Koha are basically arbitrary, right? 21:58 tcohen lots of things are arbitrary in KOha… 21:58 tcohen :-P 21:58 rangi yep, they kinda have to be 21:58 tcohen hi rangi 21:58 rangi cos no 2 places ever does them the same 21:58 tcohen taxes, discounts, etc 21:58 rangi yep 21:59 rangi if you can get the world governments to agree on taxes .. then we can simplify that bit ;-) 21:59 wizzyrea_ yeah, that's on my to-do list 21:59 wizzyrea_ ^.^ 21:59 eythian I bet it's way down 21:59 tcohen eythian: :-P 22:03 wizzyrea_ just pondering the question of "I have to receive shipments without having a physical copy of the invoice" 22:03 wizzyrea_ physical/digital 22:03 wizzyrea_ I think the answer is "give the invoice a meaningful name that you can match up later." 22:04 wizzyrea_ because you can't decouple receiving from Koha generating an internal invoice. 22:05 rangi yeah just call it donation - blah blah 22:05 rangi or whatever it is 22:06 wizzyrea_ yep sweet, my thinking is not daft.