Time  Nick        Message
23:15 huginn`     bag: Error: You haven't asked me a command; perhaps you want to see someone else's more.  To do so, call this command with that person's nick.
23:14 bag         @more
23:14 huginn`     bag: The current temperature in Kittyland Love Center, E Tabor, Portland, Oregon is 31.3°C (4:14 PM PDT on June 25, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Falling).  Excessive heat warning in effect from noon Friday to 5 am PDT Sunday...
23:14 bag         @weather 97215
23:09 wnickc      have a good night all
21:00 * wizzyrea_ is just glad she didn't stuff it up
21:00 wizzyrea_   :) we've done heaps of 3.16's, so thank you too :)
20:57 mtj         thanks for the release :p
20:56 mtj         we upgraded to 3.18.8 last nite, wiz :0)
20:56 mtj         hey #koha
20:43 wizzyrea_   jeff++
20:42 jeff_       WRITE "Good %GREETING_TIME, %FIRST_NAME"
20:39 Dyrcona     heh
20:38 wizzyrea_   <time-of-day>
20:37 wahanui     afternoon is good
20:37 Dyrcona     afternoon.
20:37 rangi       morning
20:37 * cait      waves
20:23 wizzyrea_   :)
20:22 pianohacker I'm tempted to taunt you with our bright burning sun, but our winter was crappy enough that I'll hold off...
20:17 * wizzyrea_ hates on winter some more
19:05 drojf       ashimema: are the ptfs europe sandboxes mentioned here http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Sandboxes supposed to be up? not working for me
18:58 cait        :)
18:47 drojf       building a koha package on the cheapo vps takes ~7 minutes. nice.
18:35 AmitG       thanks galen
18:24 pastebot    "gmcharlt" at pasted "AmitG: and here's another way to do it" (10 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/156
18:14 gmcharlt    AmitG: hmm?
18:13 AmitG       galen around?
18:13 AmitG       hi
17:59 tcohen      bye #koha
17:55 huginn`     New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14002: Display readonly values as plain text <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=f194bca26891a338761f5a4041b0886f87631e27> / Bug 14002: Show patron expiry date in OPAC <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=69baa022a587ffd9df2bc065a0e8e72c14cf7c4f> / Bug 14440: get_template_and_user can not have an empty template_name (quote*_ajax.pl) <http://git.koha-community.org
17:52 tcohen      we cannot blame systemd
17:51 tcohen      damn
17:51 tcohen      heh
17:50 drojf       well, nevermind :)
17:50 drojf       lol
17:50 drojf       and it was easily available :D
17:49 drojf       oh. haha. the host needed bash-completion, not the pbuilder environment :D
17:49 tcohen      good you found your answer :-D
17:47 aschorr     Thank you tcohen!  I looked at sys prefs for item_level_itypes. Looks like it doesn't really matter if item is the authoritative item type.
17:34 drojf       heh
17:33 tcohen      :-P
17:32 tcohen      not that i'm suprised something trivial and working got broken by systemd integration
17:32 tcohen      bash-completion vs. systemd
17:31 drojf       or did you mean my slow upload? :P
17:30 drojf       me neither, i have been building koha packages for a while now
17:30 tcohen      never heard of that kind of problems
17:30 drojf       i forgot how slow my upload is at home. guess i will do some shopping now instead of staring at the upload for another 15 minutes
17:29 drojf       i do. and the purpose of the machine is to automatically build koha packages from master + patches, so it would be nice if it actually worked with the code as is :)
17:26 tcohen      do u use the koha-* scripts at all?
17:23 drojf       i will try to copy the old base.tgz to the new machine and not care about all of this :P
17:21 tcohen      ;-)
17:21 tcohen      koha-common ships tab-completion  for the koha-* scripts if you have bash-completion installed
17:21 drojf       but i suppose it has some reason? :)
17:20 drojf       tcohen: i don't know why it is there actually
17:20 drojf       there is pbuilder wheezy but no systemd on the old machine. can't get it on the new one. hm
17:20 tcohen      but you don't need it to build koha-common, right? it is an optional install dependency
17:19 drojf       tcohen: when i try to build a package, bash-completion is a dependency. but it seems to be not compatible to systemd and some other packages. when i try to install bash-completion manually, i geht huge warnings about it
17:18 drojf       hm no it is wheezy inside pbuilder on the other machine too
17:18 tcohen      how is systemd related to bash?
17:17 drojf       yes. squeeze is rather old now ;)
17:17 pianohacker drojf: that's going to be problematic now that Jessie is out :/
17:16 drojf       so systemd in pbuilder breaks building koha packages? or am i missing something? looks like it is not compatible to bash-completion and explodes when i try to build a package. pbuilder gave me sid by default but wheezy does not work either. looks like it is squeeze on the other machine so i will try that
17:15 tcohen      the description clearly stateswhat are the consecquences fo using either
17:15 tcohen      take a look at the item-level_itypes syspref
17:15 tcohen      aschorr: it depends on what you want to do
17:05 aschorr     Yes, that's my question. If you have different item-level item types are you supposed to have matching bib-level item types?
17:04 pianohacker aschorr: no, the 942$c is the bib-level item type
17:04 tcohen      nope
17:02 aschorr     Right, so does that mean you can have multiple 942$c fields too?
17:01 aschorr     Yes, I've most recently worked with 3.18
17:01 tcohen      people usually do item-level itype, so a bib record can have items with different itypes each
17:00 tcohen      aschorr: have you seen this, right? http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/master/en/html-desktop/
17:00 aschorr     If you have multiple item types, do you only have a single bib item type or can you only have multiple?
16:59 tcohen      shoot
16:59 aschorr     okay. i'm new to koha and I just had a basic question about the bib itype...
16:55 tcohen      it would depend on other people's time/willingnes
16:55 tcohen      you won't always get an answer you're looking for
16:54 tcohen      aschorr: this is a public chat, you can ask whatever you want
16:54 gaetan_B    bye
16:46 aschorr     What kind of questions are asked in this forum?
16:20 pianohacker take it easy good sir
16:19 ashimema    i need to shoot off now but have a feeling I'll be working through the night on this one later..
16:19 ashimema    perhaps
16:18 pianohacker hm... I'm wondering if check_api_auth does something different with the CGI object
16:18 ashimema    but POSTDATA is always empty
16:18 ashimema    body contains the xml and only the xml
16:18 ashimema    UTF-8
16:18 ashimema    text/xml
16:18 pianohacker correct content-type?
16:18 ashimema    yup
16:18 pianohacker ashimema: are you sure that it's being sent from the client correctly?
16:17 ashimema    which is rather sucky
16:17 ashimema    think I'm going to resort to reading it in from STDIN
16:17 wahanui     undefined is just another object
16:17 ashimema    still undefined..
16:17 ashimema    nope..
16:14 pianohacker mm-hmm...
16:11 ashimema    in mojo this would have been soooo easy ;)
16:11 ashimema    what a mess.. I hate CGI..
16:11 ashimema    that seesm to be about it..
16:11 ashimema    then it may or may not appears in param('POSTDATA') if your lucky..
16:11 ashimema    so you have to qw utf8, set the binmode and the encoding
16:10 ashimema    cheers pianohacker
16:04 tcohen      khall_sickday: how are you feeling?
16:04 tcohen      i was going to ask khall_sickday for a bug to be passed qa, but noticed he's sick
16:02 jeff_       i think the XForms:Model approach is needed if your incoming POST doesn't have an XML content-type.
16:01 jeff_       my $xml = $cgi->param('POSTDATA');# || $cgi->param('XForms:Model');
16:01 jeff_       looks like at one time i needed to fall back to XForms:Model, if this messy comment is to be trusted:
16:00 jeff_       my $xml = $cgi->param('POSTDATA');
16:00 jeff_       my $cgi = CGI->new();
16:00 jeff_       i remember running into challenges when doing that at times, but this seems to be working for me at present:
16:00 pianohacker ashimema: take a look at svc/bib
15:57 ashimema    I can't get this damn thing to work.. CGI just butchers the post body :(
15:56 ashimema    anyone here know how to read POSTDATA (text/xml) where the xml is the whole of the body in using CGI?
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:35 tcohen      kivilahtio++
15:32 kivilahtio  ashimema: tcohen: I will prolly start working on my RFC tomorrow in the Koha::Authentication -namespace. If you find some issues why not, then please send me a @later-message :)
15:29 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7174 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Authentication rewriting
15:29 kivilahtio  ashimema: Bug 7174
15:19 kivilahtio  my candle is burning
15:19 kivilahtio  if you are not I am going home
15:19 kivilahtio  ashimema: are you still here?
15:17 kivilahtio  now they have project spartan or edge or whatwasit
15:17 drojf       kivilahtio: doesn't matter. it will be around forever :P
15:16 kivilahtio  drojf: we already killed ie
15:16 reiveune    bye
15:16 kivilahtio  tcohen: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/15w-P9rF_2lJIXX_vda-tPDzpB2ZMt02coMJofKjJcfo/edit?usp=sharing
15:16 kivilahtio  ashimema: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/15w-P9rF_2lJIXX_vda-tPDzpB2ZMt02coMJofKjJcfo/edit?usp=sharing
15:04 drojf       tcohen++
15:04 drojf       joubu++
15:04 drojf       cait++
15:03 drojf       :D
15:03 tcohen      ie--
15:03 drojf       ie--
15:03 tcohen      Joubu++
15:03 tcohen      cait++
15:03 huginn`     indradg: Highest karma: "cait" (241), "Joubu" (200), and "tcohen" (189).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-22), "MARC" (-15), and "<-" (-13).  You (indradg) are ranked 26 out of 436.
15:03 indradg     @karma
14:56 tcohen      ashimema: morning
14:56 kivilahtio  I have a solution to that
14:53 drojf       i was goint to say "aren't there 5345 frameworks we could add for that?" :P
14:49 ashimema    Mojo::Plugin::Authentication and Mojo::Plugin::Authorization are ineresting idea's though ;)
14:49 ashimema    not one that i've worked out yet anyways ;)
14:49 ashimema    so there's no really clear flow you can adopt that will work for all cases..
14:48 ashimema    the problem I've had with all of my architectures is that auth can happen in varying orders depending upon the mechanism..
14:47 ashimema    but it's a big job
14:47 ashimema    Auth is a right mess.. it's been on my pile to clean it up for about 7 months now..
14:47 ashimema    just happened to be looking at the window when you made it..
14:46 kivilahtio  you replied in a nanoseond?
14:46 kivilahtio  ashimema: how did you pick up my comment so quickly?
14:45 kivilahtio  I'll be bach
14:45 ashimema    so would be interestd to get your unbiased RFC  ;)
14:44 kivilahtio  I kne you had expertise to evaluate it
14:44 ashimema    I'm still working out the best model ;)
14:44 kivilahtio  great
14:44 ashimema    I've written a couple of auth systems now..
14:44 kivilahtio  gimme one hour? or do you have adaughter to pick up ? ;)
14:44 kivilahtio  we can talk about it soon
14:44 kivilahtio  ashimema: I have a diagram on how it should work. I have been mapping that mess for few hours now
14:44 ashimema    I've not started anything yet beyond a perltidy ;)
14:43 ashimema    but and RFC would be greately apreciated
14:43 kivilahtio  ashimema: hmm
14:43 ashimema    and tere's a bug open
14:43 kivilahtio  ashimema: I will post my RFC in an hour
14:43 ashimema    I've been wanting to have that whole section of code reworked for ages
14:43 kivilahtio  yes?
14:43 wahanui     rumour has it kivilahtio is working to integrate our SMS provider to Koha
14:43 ashimema    kivilahtio
14:43 kivilahtio  but it might be too difficult to do, considering how deeply entwined the whole thing is
14:42 kivilahtio  I am wraping up a proposal to refactor it
14:42 kivilahtio  the authentication system at C4::Auth is such a mess
13:44 drojf       magnuse: but don't eat after midnight!
13:32 * magnuse   wanders off
13:30 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13419 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Add filters and server-side processing to the shelves list view
13:30 drojf       maybe it's translations not keeping up with bug 13419?
13:24 drojf       not sure if that is something gitify related with translations
13:23 drojf       tcohen: actually the translated lists page looks different for me. different table/ table layout and there is no processing at all
13:07 tcohen      http://snag.gy/SBrea.jpg
13:06 magnuse     lulz
13:06 tcohen      opac works, only intranet
13:06 drojf       rofl
13:06 wahanui     First of all, keep magnuse out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight.
13:06 magnuse     gremlins!
13:05 magnuse     tcohen: opac, intranet ot both?
13:04 tcohen      but why it works on the english templateS?
13:01 cait        i had this happen with the item search
13:01 cait        it might also somethign it thinks is invalid data
12:59 drojf       lists works for me
12:58 drojf       does it work in the english  version? its probably an unfinished translation
12:58 tcohen      works in english
12:58 tcohen      it keeps showing the "Processing" message
12:57 tcohen      i have issues with the lists
12:57 drojf       (master)
12:57 drojf       yes. but i have to update translation, as adding items is broken right now ;)
12:56 tcohen      anyone with a translated 3.20/master?
12:51 * magnuse   waves
12:47 tcohen      hi andreashm marcelr
12:47 marcelr     hi tcohen
12:44 andreashm   hey tcohen
12:43 tcohen      morning
12:42 andreashm   (most likely)
12:40 andreashm   because otherwise this is something we will have to build/sponsor
12:39 andreashm   I'll have to send out an e-mail then
12:37 cait        i encouraged the person to ask on the list too - i think there was no email yet
12:37 cait        this is what i know too
12:36 andreashm   thanks gaetan!
12:36 gaetan_B    but better wait for an answer from a sip specialist
12:36 gaetan_B    i think it's true, i remember reading about something like this somewhere
12:36 gaetan_B    hi andreashm :)
12:35 andreashm   oh, and hey gaeten_b!
12:35 andreashm   I saw in the log from yesterday a question about paying fines via SIP. Is it correct that paying individual fines in Koha through SIP is not supported today, but only the full sum of all fines of a patron?
12:34 gaetan_B    is there a way to make the 008 plugin aware of the resource type according to what's in the leader ?
12:34 drojf       if it's not available as a package anxymore, i don't care :P
12:34 gaetan_B    i have a marc21 question
12:34 * andreashm waves
12:33 cait        might be in ealrier ones too, but i lost patience
12:33 cait        i did 3.20 and 3.18
12:33 drojf       cait: so it's fixed or should i have a look later? sorry too many things at once
12:32 cait        in aqorders
12:32 cait        and...why?
12:32 cait        when did we stop using sort1_authcat and sort2_authcat?
12:32 * cait      sighs
12:32 huginn`     indradg: TallJoy was last seen in #koha 1 week, 1 day, 22 hours, 55 minutes, and 2 seconds ago: <talljoy> hiya magnuse
12:32 indradg     @seen TallJoy
12:29 cait        ah :)
12:29 indradg     diff bug
12:29 indradg     cait: mea culpa! I was on a conf call, Mark msged on FB... /me lost my head :P
12:27 cait        not seeing his comment
12:25 indradg     well, he pointed to a line of redundant code
12:24 wahanui     well, mtompset is catching up in the non-coding aspects of his ministry.
12:24 cait        hm mtompset?
12:23 indradg     cait: bug 14440, saw your and mtompset's comments. If no one does anything over the weekend, I'll look in and fix by Monday evening
12:22 cait        i amh ere
12:21 huginn`     indradg: cait was last seen in #koha 1 minute and 18 seconds ago: <cait> drojf: i found the 3.20 one.. now looking in 3.18
12:21 indradg     @seen cait
12:20 cait        drojf: i found the 3.20 one.. now looking in 3.18
12:16 fridolin    but it should not be hard to rebase
12:16 cait        drojf: are you fixing it?
12:15 fridolin    sorry I cant test right now
12:15 fridolin    on opac-ratings.pl, I've also removed unnecery dependances
12:15 cait        would be good if someone else tried
12:14 cait        i thik the first was fine, the second was not
12:14 fridolin    cait: all of them ?
12:11 cait        they dn't apply for me
12:11 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14440 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Passed QA , get_template_and_user can not have an empty template_name
12:11 drojf       if yxou remind me i'll try it later
12:11 cait        hm i think we need another version of the patches on bug 14440 for 3.18
12:11 drojf       sorry very deep in the ncip patch again right now
12:10 drojf       or it worked for me by accident ^^
12:10 cait        you fix it? :)
12:10 cait        hm
12:10 drojf       i'm sure i did
12:10 cait        you can't do both at the same time i think
12:10 drojf       or did you get 5000 results by that?
12:09 drojf       but searching for tu in original and do in translation maybe?
12:08 drojf       ah the second thursday should be tuesday, now i got it
12:08 cait        need to fix the do = tuesdays :)
12:08 cait        do for thursday is right
12:08 cait        tuesday :)
12:08 drojf       shouldn't it be th or thu?
12:07 cait        ... and i have 4991 results...
12:07 cait        it's just "Tu"
12:07 cait        ... my problem is finding the string in pootle now
12:07 cait        true
12:07 drojf       cait: oh. i'd prefer two sundays!
12:06 marcelr     yeah we are at the crossing point of pushing and fixing or refactoring
12:06 cait        'half-working' things :)
12:06 cait        i think the feature idea is great - but we need to take care not to introduce h
12:06 cait        i know, but that should probably be easy to fix
12:06 marcelr     cait: the translation issues are not even my biggest concern ;)
12:05 cait        thursdays
12:05 cait        drojf: in 3.18 the german calendar has 2 Do
12:04 cait        I'd really like to see some of the things addressed you pointed out - like the translation issues
11:31 marcelr     i am talking with tcohen about it
11:31 drojf       ok, thanks
11:31 marcelr     yes i would leave them a little
11:30 drojf       if chances are high they will, i would test them at a later point, maybe when 6784 is pushed
11:30 wahanui     probably is not, but i do not know another way
11:30 marcelr     probably
11:30 drojf       the when is not my concern, just that your patches won't change completely :)
11:30 marcelr     i guess there will be quite some changes needed; some could be built on top of 14295/6
11:29 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Attach a file to a MARC record (Was: File upload in MARC)
11:29 drojf       i understand they depend on the general feature new in bug 6874, which is not pushed yet and you added a list of concerns (not deal breakers), so there may be changes to 6874
11:29 marcelr     they are built on top of it; but i am not sure about 6874 getting pushed right now
11:28 marcelr     hi drojf: what do you exactly mean?
11:28 drojf       marcelr: the patches on bugs 14295 and 14296 should be quite safe to some qa changes to 6874, right?
11:17 marcelr     thx drojf++
10:18 huginn`     cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 20.0°C (12:00 PM CEST on June 25, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 47%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.19 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
10:18 cait        @wunder Konstanz
10:16 cait        huh?
10:02 drojf       oh that 01e coded field error thing in the marc frameworks is actually supposed to be there? i always thought that was a misspelled 019 :D
09:07 kivilahtio  ok
09:07 jajm        kivilahtio, the 4th patch on 13799 concerns swaggerui, which has its own bug now, so i will obsolete it, don't reattach it :)
09:05 fridolin    special thanks to Joubu :)
09:05 fridolin    cait: cool
09:04 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=14440 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , get_template_and_user can not have an empty template_name
09:04 cait        bug 14440 has passed qa
09:04 jajm        i will retry from the beginning, picking the patches in the order you sent me, on top of current master, and see what happens
09:01 kivilahtio  I just pick your changes to swagger ui
09:01 kivilahtio  jajm: but you have the same patches I have. I can take a look at updating them later today
09:00 kivilahtio  jajm: I understand, there is a distrubance in the force
09:00 jajm        and nobody will test patches if they have to do that
08:59 jajm        kivilahtio, this is not "normal", patches should apply without using --reject
08:57 kivilahtio  and be done with it
08:57 kivilahtio  I just git apply --reject
08:57 kivilahtio  I have the same issues all the time
08:57 kivilahtio  that's all I got  :)
08:57 jajm        no it's something else
08:57 kivilahtio  jajm: well that was the missing patch, but it shouldnt affect anything?
08:56 kivilahtio  jajm: noo i think it borke something, but that was missing in the bugzilla
08:55 kivilahtio  now it is in the bugzilla
08:55 kivilahtio  was missing
08:55 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13799 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Add base for building RESTful API
08:55 kivilahtio  jajm: Bug 13799 - 4. Add base for building RESTful API - Fix missing character encoding in the index.html
08:54 jajm        kivilahtio, thanks for the pm
08:53 kivilahtio  jajm: I will add the CGISESSID authentication today, I just need to sort the SIP out first
08:53 jajm        kivilahtio, there is 1,2,3 in 13799 and 7,8,9 in 13920.. there's something missing here :)
08:53 kivilahtio  jajm: I PM:ed ou my commit stack
08:52 kivilahtio  jajm: and applied in that order...
08:52 kivilahtio  jajm: I numbered the apply order?
08:51 kivilahtio  no idea. I get that crap all the time. Just use git apply --reject and it is a breeze (but boring) to apply them
08:51 jajm        have you applied any other patches in between ?
08:51 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13920 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , API authentication system - proposal
08:51 jajm        kivilahtio, bug 13920 doesn't apply well, i applied 13799, 13995 and 14437, but git still fails with error "sha1 information is lacking or useless (installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl)"
08:50 kivilahtio  jajm: I worte a report here, not sure how accurate it is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/New_REST_API_RFC
08:49 kivilahtio  jajm: the DBIx connection dies and doesn't come back
08:49 kivilahtio  jajm: we have issues with our SIP server, can you imagine.
08:48 kivilahtio  jajm: yes, but need to fix the SIP Server
08:48 jajm        kivilahtio, around ?
08:48 jajm        ashimema, swaggerui is now in a separate bug, i'm still working on removing the swaggerui part from the authentication bug
08:34 ashimema    swagger 'should' make testing expected results formats easy.. nothing will make testing expected outputs given certain actions especially easy
08:28 wahanui     testing is, like, fun! or easier when you have a test plan. Hint hint
08:28 cait        testing...
08:28 cait        resulting in making it hard to maintain keep running
08:28 drojf       espresso anyone?
08:27 cait        i am worried we overcomplicate this
08:24 ashimema    I've scalled it back a little at least.. think we pretty much agreed to strip out the whole swagger ui peice
08:23 ashimema    agreed..
08:23 magnuse     (not saying the API isn't important, though!)
08:23 magnuse     and for a relatively small part of the bigger project too...
08:23 ashimema    anywho.. hard one to call..
08:22 rangi       yeah
08:22 ashimema    into another pre-existing app
08:22 ashimema    'tis hard.. I love Mojo and use it in our own home built app.. but it's oe thing starting a project with it.. it's another side loading it
08:21 ashimema    inspired from dancer, mojo et al
08:21 rangi       i agree
08:21 ashimema    was pretty succint
08:21 ashimema    I actualyl really liked pianohackers Koha::Restful stuff
08:20 rangi       yup
08:20 ashimema    but we do still appear to be pulling in an enormous amount of 'stack' to add this functionality.. if the idea is to slowly migrate Koha to Mojo.. then great.. if it's not.. then I feel it's meaning we'll be supporting two systems instead of one.
08:20 rangi       yeah i feel the same way, i feel like its introducing a lot of potential debt
08:19 magnuse     ashimema: excellent!
08:18 ashimema    basing it on mojo kinda scares me.. mojo moves really fast as a project.. though that worry has been answered by sticking to the deb packaged one.. so effectively using a pinned version
08:17 ashimema    I have mixed feelings.. in some ways I love it.. in others I think it's going way too far.
08:17 ashimema    what are your thoughts on the whole API stuff then rangi?
08:17 rangi       sweet
08:16 ashimema    I try to get him to pop in here semi-regularly with updates
08:16 ashimema    he's still going strong on it magnuse.. loads going on in the repo still
08:16 ashimema    I've been crap at QA for a few months though.. which I don't like.. don't feel I'm pulling my weight at the minute.. and there's loads of interesting stuff going on
08:16 * magnuse   hopes atheia gets time to wrap up the ill work
08:15 ashimema    indeed
08:15 ashimema    all nice big names too :).. but yeah.. means I'm not getting much time in te day to sleep at th eminute ;)
08:15 rangi       is the game you have to play
08:15 rangi       heh yeah
08:15 ashimema    so it's mad at the moment here as you can imagine..
08:14 magnuse     nice
08:14 magnuse     hehe
08:14 ashimema    we put in for 5 at the beginning of the year thinking we might get one.. we ended up with all five.
08:14 magnuse     w00t!
08:14 ashimema    company has hit that stage now of winning allot fo the big contracts..
08:14 ashimema    I know that feeling well.. we're super busy over here at the moment..
08:14 ashimema    busy is good and bad ;)
08:13 rangi       really busy, but good
08:13 ashimema    hows it going anyways.. not spoken to you in ages?
08:13 ashimema    though not actually read it all yet.
08:12 ashimema    I ws just reading back.. saw a swagger convo going..
08:12 ashimema    dude.. you are awake..
08:12 rangi       sup ashimema
08:11 ashimema    oh well
08:11 ashimema    never seem to catch rangi whilst awake
08:00 AmitG       indradg around?
07:49 gaetan_B    "fun" fact, in 2010, ptfs also registered koha-community.com
07:32 drojf       hei magnuse
07:31 huginn`     magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 10.0°C (9:20 AM CEST on June 25, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
07:31 magnuse     @wunder boo
07:31 magnuse     moin drojf gaetan_B liz
07:27 gaetan_B    hello
07:22 drojf       morning #koha
07:22 xarragon    magnuse: 'Eeeeexcellent' in Mr Burns voice.
07:16 fridolin    hie
07:14 magnuse     looks like the marc field might get removed
07:14 huginn`     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10455 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , remove redundant 'biblioitems.marc' field
07:14 magnuse     bug 10455
07:13 magnuse     xarragon: there is a bug about that
07:10 xarragon    BobB_: Ok, that is consistent with my limited observations. Thank you. That simplifies some things for me.
07:09 BobB_       if I am not mistaken, the marc-blob is not used at all; only the marcxml is used
07:08 BobB_       xarragon, I saw a post on that on the devel list just recently ...
07:04 xarragon    is that true, or where is the bare MARC used?
07:04 xarragon    In the database we have both bare MARC data and MARCXML data, but from looking at some code it seems mostly the marcxml is used, in conjunction with MARC::Record~from_xml()
07:02 wahanui     kia ora, alex_a
07:02 alex_a      bonjour
06:41 reiveune    salut magnuse :)
06:38 magnuse     bonjour reiveune
06:37 reiveune    hello
06:35 magnuse     hiya marcelr
06:35 marcelr     hi #koha
06:23 * magnuse   waves
06:18 kivilahtio_ hola bag
05:49 bag         hey :)
05:49 indradg     hi bag
05:49 huginn`     indradg: The operation succeeded.
05:49 indradg     @later tell eythian added you to CC on bug 14407, since it intends to add a new (yet unpackaged) perl dep
05:48 bag         hola
05:48 huginn`     indradg: eythian was last seen in #koha 3 days, 2 hours, 33 minutes, and 9 seconds ago: <eythian> heh
05:48 indradg     @seen eythian
05:41 huginn`     indradg: The current temperature in Kolkata, India is 30.0°C (10:50 AM IST on June 25, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 27.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Falling).
05:41 indradg     @wunder Kolkata
05:40 huginn`     cdickinson_: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 7.0°C (5:30 PM NZST on June 25, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
05:40 cdickinson_ @wunder nzwn
05:10 huginn`     kivilahtio_: The operation succeeded.
05:10 kivilahtio_ @later tell pianohacker If you want to use Perl, there is no alternative to use Swagger2 than Mojolicious.
04:43 AmitG       indradg
04:43 AmitG       hi
02:39 rangi       i can see the appeal of following a standard(ish) which swagger is, so that your api is not super suprising
02:38 rangi       yep
02:38 pianohacker swagger seems useful as a combined config/documentation effort, but the benefits of mojolicious are less clear
02:38 rangi       heh
02:38 pianohacker my initial reaction to some of the infrastructure in the new API was that they were trying to boil oceans fast enough to counteract global warming...
02:37 pianohacker rangi: having reread logs, I very much share your concerns about Mojo
02:33 pianohacker and rangi :)
02:33 pianohacker hi wizzyrea
02:33 wizzyrea    hi pianohacker
02:31 rangi       hi pianohacker
02:30 pianohacker hi
02:01 wizzyrea    it'd be easy from a devbox.
02:01 wizzyrea    mtj: I have some stuff kind of ready for "from librarian to developer in 90 minutes"
01:25 jcamins     Well, I highly recommend the fish. Swagger seems like a good idea, if it doesn't come with too many inconveniences.
01:24 rangi       both in fact
01:23 jcamins     Oh, sorry, you were probably responding to my comment on Swagger.
01:23 jcamins     rangi: I _highly_ recommend it.
01:22 rangi       jcamins: :)
00:47 huginn`     jcamins: The operation succeeded.
00:47 jcamins     @later tell cait Coconut-cashew-vanilla-crusted golden pomfret was a fantastic idea.
00:36 jcamins     ... wait...
00:36 jcamins     rangi: the idea is that Swagger will make it easier for developers to quickly integrate with your mainstream APIs.