Time  Nick         Message
08:29 gaetan_B     hello
08:29 wahanui      hi, gaetan_B
08:41 Joubu        info: bug 11944 breaks the installer, follow-up coming soon
08:41 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
09:00 magnuse      Joubu++
09:00 magnuse      @karma
09:00 huginn       magnuse: Highest karma: "cait" (185), "gmcharlt" (153), and "tcohen" (138).  Lowest karma: "^" (-10), "-" (-10), and "ie" (-10).  You (magnuse) are ranked 11 out of 342.
09:00 magnuse      who can reset that for the new year?
09:03 Joubu        @karma
09:03 huginn       Joubu: Highest karma: "cait" (185), "gmcharlt" (153), and "tcohen" (138).  Lowest karma: "^" (-10), "-" (-10), and "ie" (-10).  You (Joubu) are ranked 6 out of 342.
09:04 Joubu        whaou
09:04 Joubu        ie--
09:04 Joubu        @karma
09:04 huginn       Joubu: Highest karma: "cait" (185), "gmcharlt" (153), and "tcohen" (138).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-11), "^" (-10), and "-" (-10).  You (Joubu) are ranked 6 out of 342.
09:04 magnuse      hehe
09:04 Joubu        better :)
09:13 cait         hm i think there should be an IRC meeting about now
09:13 cait         my meeting got cancelled, will be back in 5 mins if we want to have one
09:16 ashimema     ooh.. meeting
09:16 Joubu        * AGREED: The next meeting will be held on 14 January 2015 at 10 UTC
09:18 cait         hm is that now or later?
09:20 cait         aah it's at "11" - 40 minutes
09:25 ashimema     done
09:26 ashimema     sent a reminder to the list.. bit late but hopefulyl some may see it
09:26 magnuse      ashimema++
09:27 cait         ashimema++ thx!
09:34 thd          ashimema: Could we discuss your ideas for the wiki?
09:51 ashimema     hi thd
09:51 ashimema     did you just call?
09:51 ashimema     i was in a call and a colleague picked up.
09:52 thd          Yes ashimema
09:52 wahanui      well, ashimema is on qa now .)
09:53 ashimema     i'll be about for another 20 mins or so.. then I have another call so will be trying to dip in and out of the two meetings :(
09:53 thd          ashimema: I suggest that we try to reach a consensus or at least a common understanding about  the wiki.
09:53 jransom      hi everyone: jo ransom, horowhenua (nz)
09:54 thd          ashimema Is there some time we could talk on telephone?
09:54 ashimema     Hi jo.. meeting hasn't quite started yet.. but when it does  stick an #info infront of that ;)
09:54 jransom      cheers
09:54 ashimema     sure thd.. erm.. remind me. where are you based?
09:55 thd          ashimema: I am based in New York City but would be happy to call you wherever.
09:55 ashimema     I can skype out to you to keep the costs down.. as I said I'm a little tied this morning (UK time)
09:56 ashimema     hmm.. your lateish afternoon over there right now right..
09:56 thd          ashimema: I saw your criticisms while I was in California but I did not have any opportunity until now to try to communicate with you properly.
09:56 thd          It is 5 am in NYC.
09:56 ashimema     they were meant to be constructive btw.. hope they're werent too nasty sounding..
09:56 ashimema     oh.. 5am.. i was thinking it was 5pm..
09:57 thd          Nothing was nasty and you have some good ideas
09:57 ashimema     early riser then ;)
09:58 thd          I have the time to implement any good ideas or at least I expect to start to have proper time from mid-February.
09:58 ashimema     cool..
09:58 thd          ashimema: I think you are also a little confused about the function of some installed extensions.
09:58 wahanui      okay, thd.
09:59 thd          ashimema: When would be a good time to talk on telephone?
09:59 cait         ok, it's about meeting time now but i might get called awy...
09:59 cait         who is around for the meeting and would maybe be willing to take over chair/chair?
09:59 ashimema     I should be free for a chat between 7am and 11am your time today if that helps
09:59 ashimema     i was just working that out ;)
09:59 ashimema     i'm getting called away any minute too cait :(
10:00 thd          ashimema: I suggest we defer decisions about wiki management until the next general meeting while we discuss options.
10:00 BobB         hi all
10:00 ashimema     I'm fine with that.. makes reasonable sense..
10:01 cait         ok, i wil start it and we see what happens?
10:01 ashimema     especially as neither of us has too much time at the minute to start implementing anything we discuss/decide upon.. delaying a decision won't delay the action.. yet
10:01 thd          ashimema: What number should I call at 7 am EST?
10:01 cait         #startmeeting General IRC Meeting, 14th January 2015
10:01 huginn       Meeting started Wed Jan 14 10:01:23 2015 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
10:01 huginn       Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:01 huginn       The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting__14th_january_2015'
10:01 cait         #topic Introductions
10:01 wahanui      #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
10:01 BobB         ashimena there is only one meeting today: a decision of the last meeting'
10:01 cait         please introduce yourself with #info
10:01 BobB         #info Bob Birchall, Calyx Australia
10:01 thd          ashimema:  I am at +1 212-674-3783
10:01 cait         #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_14_January_2015
10:02 cait         #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
10:02 Joubu        #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
10:02 jransom      #info joann ransom, horowhenua, nz.
10:02 ashimema     #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
10:02 paul_p       #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre
10:02 ashimema     cheers thd.. I'll call you :)
10:02 thd          #info: Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
10:02 paul_p       (hello all, and good morning, evening, afternoon, or night night)
10:03 BobB         hi paul_p
10:03 cait         ok, moving on :)
10:03 cait         #topic Announcements
10:03 cait         paul_p: hackfest maybe? :)
10:04 paul_p       cait what kind of announcement would you like ? ;-)
10:04 BobB         #info Asian Cup:  Australia 4 Oman 0
10:04 cait         heh
10:04 cait         that there is one .)
10:04 cait         but i will take anything
10:05 paul_p       as already announced on koha-devel : Hackfest in Marseille will take place in March, 2nd-6th. It will take place in 2 locations (20mn distant), so we should have a lot of space
10:05 paul_p       bag told me that he expect to have ElasticSearch search working & ready to be tested for the hackfest
10:05 cait         #info The hackfest in Marseille is from Marc 2nd - 6th and will take place in 2 locations (20 mins apart)
10:05 ashimema     I'm just booking hotels and flights paul_p.. just bending colinc's arm, alex will be there for the whole period and I hope to join for at least half (with baby on the way that's a bit up in the air ;) )
10:05 paul_p       there are already many registrations, and that will be a great time :D
10:05 BobB         sadly not us
10:05 paul_p       ashimema ++++ !
10:06 cait         paul_p: google doc? ;)
10:06 ashimema     will register properly once I know exact details of our lot this end
10:06 paul_p       cait should come soon
10:06 cait         hotel is booked for me,still waiting for the train tickets - were not available last time i tried :)
10:06 cait         ok, something else?
10:06 paul_p       I don't think so.
10:06 cait         #topic Updates on Releases
10:07 cait         I think we are a bit short on RM and RMaints this meeting
10:07 cait         but it looks like all is quite well on track I think
10:07 BobB         mtj about?
10:07 mtj          hi all
10:07 BobB         #info I know Mason is on track to release 3.16.7 on 22 Jan
10:08 cait         #info UTF-8 patches got pushed to master yesterday - keep an eye out for any encoding problems
10:08 mtj          ..sorry, didnt realise a meeting was on
10:08 BobB         ah sorry mtj
10:08 * fridolin   i'm here
10:08 cait         updates on the releases? :)
10:08 * mtj        reads the scrollback
10:08 Joubu        cait: installer is broken, patch sent this morning
10:09 cait         ah ok
10:09 fridolin     i m adding only a few patches on 3.14.x to keep a stable version
10:09 cait         do you have the bug number for testing?
10:09 paul_p       I'd like to see HEA backported to previous versions. And maybe activated by default (because, for now, there's "no-one" that has activated it : only 53, most of them -if not all- come from BibLibre)
10:09 fridolin     since there is 3.16;x and 3.18.x
10:09 cait         paul_p: i think activating by default is highly critical
10:10 Joubu        cait: bug 13577 fixes the installer problem
10:10 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13577 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , The correct COLLATE set to all DB tables
10:10 Joubu        blocker, NSO
10:10 paul_p       cait what do you mean by "highly critical" ?
10:10 cait         #info please test bug 13577 to fix a problem with the installer
10:10 cait         we shoud not have a koha that calls out to another website by default
10:11 cait         i know we don't transmit personal information, but it shoudl still be opt-in
10:11 mveron       #info Marc Véron, marc veron ag / Koha Support Schweiz
10:11 ashimema     ooh.. thanks for the reminder paul..
10:11 ashimema     I've been meaning to activate our 3.18's
10:11 paul_p       ashimema ;-)
10:11 cait         maybe we could put it in the newsletter?
10:11 mtj          #info i'll be pushing some commits to the 3.16 branch over the next few days
10:11 Joubu        paul_p: Maybe a mail on the koha ml + the news letter could be useful
10:11 cait         today was the call
10:11 paul_p       cait + Joubu ++ !
10:11 paul_p       Joubu I let you drop an email about that, OK ?
10:12 Joubu        paul_p: k
10:12 cait         ready to move on to the next topic?
10:12 cait         #action Joubu will send info about HEA to the mailing list and the newsletter
10:12 cait         paul_p: also a thing to keep in mind - many people might not have updated to 3.18 yet
10:12 BobB         cait, joubu ++
10:13 cait         will take us some more time too
10:13 cait         #topic KohaCon15
10:13 paul_p       cait yes, of course. And that's why that would be good to have it backported !
10:13 mtj          paul_p:  i'd be keen to backport HEA to 3.16
10:13 paul_p       and we've already done it for 3.14
10:13 paul_p       (as most of our customers are using it)
10:13 mtj          awesome ^
10:14 paul_p       let's submit the patch then ;-) ( Joubu  / fridolin = can you take care of that pls )
10:14 cait         mtj: want an #action? :)
10:14 BobB         #action mtj to backport HEA to 3.16
10:14 mtj          yes please :0)
10:14 cait         #action Joubu or fridolin to submit HEA patches for 3.16
10:14 Joubu        will have a look, yes
10:14 cait         #action mtj to backport HEA into 3.16
10:15 cait         I'd also like to see a statement on the hea page about what is /can be stored
10:15 fridolin     ok, whe have a 3.14 version indeed
10:15 fridolin     squashed patches
10:15 Joubu        cait: aleisha is working on Hea
10:15 cait         Joubu: cool
10:16 cait         ok, nothing for kohacon i think?
10:16 cait         I will move on?
10:16 cait         #topic Actions from the last meeting
10:16 cait         we got the roadmap on the agenda
10:17 cait         BobB: I saw you did some work on it?
10:17 BobB         #link:      http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roadmap_for_Koha
10:17 BobB         So that is the proposal I guesss:  needs feedback ...
10:17 BobB         and if it is ok, folks can start to populate it
10:18 cait         i like the text - read it before the meeting
10:18 cait         BobB++
10:18 paul_p       sorry, about the KohaCon, i've something to say !
10:18 paul_p       (was AFK due to another call...)
10:18 BobB         go ahead paul_p
10:18 cait         let's talk about the raodmap first and come back to the con?
10:19 paul_p       fine !
10:19 BobB         ah, sorry , what cait said
10:19 paul_p       (as I just receive an email about the kohacon15 NOW !)
10:19 paul_p       reading it...
10:19 cait         BobB: shoudl we put the wiki page on the mailing list?
10:19 cait         asking people to add?
10:20 BobB         yep, ok, will i do that?
10:20 ashimema     added 5 libraries to HEA for you paul_p ;)
10:20 ashimema     will get collegues to keep going through the list
10:20 cait         BobB: it would be nice if you could
10:21 BobB         #action BobB to email the list to ask for contributions to the Road Map
10:21 cait         #action BobB will send an email about the Roadmap wiki page to the mailing list
10:21 cait         ah
10:21 cait         heh
10:21 BobB         Is everyone here ok with the idea / text?
10:22 cait         i am :)
10:22 cait         +1
10:22 mveron       +1
10:22 ashimema     +1
10:22 BobB         ok, cool
10:23 thd          +1
10:23 cait         :)
10:23 cait         #topic KohaCon14 (cont.)
10:23 cait         paul_p: nwo :)
10:23 cait         now even
10:23 paul_p       chris & I have some emails with ppl from Ibadan. The organisation is moving on. The proposed location cost quite a lot of money (international & diplomatic location). So we're wondering whether that's the best option. Other locations (like in a university) would be much cheaper, but ppl could fear about security.
10:23 paul_p       so, still to be decided, but things are moving ;-)
10:24 cait         #info things are moving, location still to be decided
10:24 thd          cait: Should that not be KohaCon15?
10:24 cait         yes... it should be
10:24 paul_p       hehe...
10:24 cait         don't tell me doesn't happen to all of you currently :)
10:24 cait         #info topic should be 15 ... not 14.
10:25 cait         anything else?
10:25 thd          paul_p: What is indicated that fear for security would be warranted at a university location?
10:25 paul_p       what is you opinion about the location : a very safe one, in diplomatic area, with all safety, but cost 150USD/day all included
10:25 cait         paul_p: for the participant?
10:25 paul_p       or the university, where security would be more "standard" (the ibadan area being not in the unsafe part of nigeria)
10:26 cait         thd: if you read up a bit about nigeria there are some warnings
10:26 paul_p       cait = yep, 150USD for room, lunch, dinner,...
10:26 paul_p       + 1800USD/day for the conference room, that will have to be sponsored by someone
10:26 cait         i see
10:26 paul_p       cait = yep, 150USD for bedroom, lunch, dinner,...
10:26 thd          cait: Yes, I know the general reports.
10:27 cait         paul_p: not sure - it's quite a bit of money, bit worried about the local participation
10:27 paul_p       anyone an opinion that I could feedback to the team ?
10:27 paul_p       yep, that's also my 1st reaction : local or non nigerian but african participation.
10:28 jransom      nigeria was on the 'no travel' list ladt time I looked on nz foreign affairs page so insurance is going to be imposdible. the secure place would be my preference but price is so high.
10:28 cait         i thnk it's hard to tell from here - the organizers will know best about the local situation
10:28 paul_p       150USD/day is fine for me, that's what costed the KohaCon in Nevada or Argentina, roughly.
10:28 cait         jransom: similar here
10:28 ashimema     same here jransom
10:28 paul_p       cait organizers say it's safe. but of course they're black & nigerian...
10:29 thd          I would like to know more about the specific security concern at a nearby university as distinct from known problematic places in Nigeria.
10:29 paul_p       here it's "orange", which is better than "red" (northern part or nigeria), but worst than green or yellow...
10:29 paul_p       OK, I'll feedback that to organizers.
10:30 thd          paul_p: Where is the colour coded map?
10:30 BobB         the problem is that you know the security situation now: you don't know what it will be in Oct
10:30 paul_p       thd http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays/nigeria-12319/
10:30 BobB         I would urge an abundance of caution
10:30 paul_p       probably wise BobB ...
10:30 BobB         There are Work Health and Safety issues for employers, just sayin'
10:31 jransom      I agree.
10:31 paul_p       thd click on "securité" tab
10:31 cait         something we should add to the logs?
10:31 cait         or minutes, it's all going into the logs of course
10:32 thd          paul_p: Where is it green or yellow?
10:32 paul_p       thd see argentina for example : http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays/argentine-12200/
10:32 jransom      I fear it will an either /or situation: affordable and high local participation vs exp and moderate number of foreigners
10:32 paul_p       thd mostly green, some parts yellow
10:32 Joubu        no green or yellow in nigeria :)
10:32 Joubu        or :-/
10:32 paul_p       Joubu right...
10:33 paul_p       maybe I should ask you : let's suppose it's tomorrow. would you go if it were in the diplomatic area ? would you go if it were in the university ?
10:34 thd          paul_p: You should ask what might be done to mitigate the security concern at a local university.
10:34 jransom      if tomorrow I would go to diplomatic area but not university
10:34 cait         paul_p: I think it's unlikely I will go this year - not giving a vote
10:35 paul_p       cait = imagine you've the budget, the time and the agreement from you boss. It's just to poll ;-)
10:36 jransom      I guess the organisers will have to the best judgement calls they can, put together the package and offer up to the community.
10:36 cait         jransom++
10:36 Joubu        What about Africans? Are they ready to come?
10:36 Joubu        Africans from other countries I meant
10:36 paul_p       Joubu don't know.
10:36 magnuse      #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech
10:37 magnuse      (sorry, was busy with other things)
10:37 thd          Certainly, they ought to try to poll people who may be likely to come if they do not know how to decide otherwise.
10:38 paul_p       OK, will report all that to organizers. Thanks for questions/advices/opinions
10:38 jransom      if it was in ghana or kenya or south african, a university no problem, but nigeria has known security issues that have to be taken into consideration. is a different
10:38 cait         ok
10:38 cait         moving on?
10:39 cait         #topic Set date and time for the next meeting
10:39 thd          If relatively few people would come in any case and those people would have sufficient funding then the issue may be easier to decide.
10:39 cait         i'd like to propose february 11th, 19 UTC
10:40 cait         i feel like we used to have good attendance at 19 UTC in the past, but might be wrong
10:40 cait         and it would be 8horus from now, so shoudl get some of the people missing today
10:40 BobB         worth a try
10:40 cait         vetos? +1? :)
10:40 cait         other suggestions?
10:41 cait         i am bad with timezones, so hope my thinking is not wrong :)
10:41 thd          Yes, I think we should take some measures to avoid worst times which have had almost no attendance.
10:41 oleonard     +1 to not this time
10:41 cait         19UTC oleonard?
10:41 cait         11th february?
10:41 Joubu        cait: not 10 UTC for oleonard :)
10:42 thd          oleonard: There are worst times than this hour for you :)
10:42 cait         don't leave me alone now people - please vote :)
10:42 thd          +1
10:42 oleonard     19UTC works fairly well for me
10:42 Joubu        +0 # not a good time, too late for me
10:43 BobB         ouch will be 6am here
10:43 BobB         but good in nz
10:43 cait         hm moving it to 20utc better?
10:43 cait         ah no
10:43 cait         not for joubu
10:43 BobB         18 UTC is ok
10:43 cait         5am?
10:43 wahanui      5am is probably early for me, with luck i'd have insomnia ;)
10:43 Joubu        cait: the idea was to alternate, so it's good
10:43 BobB         sorry I meant 19
10:43 thd          BobB would adjusting the time to 21 UTC work better?
10:44 cait         shoudl we try 19 and see how it works out?
10:44 BobB         there is no time that is good for everyone in the world
10:44 cait         i think ideal is not achievable sadly
10:45 cait         #info Next meeting is scheduled for 11th February, 19 UTC
10:45 BobB         all good
10:45 thd          BobB: Yes, we cannot  make it good for everyone but we can make it least bad for many.
10:45 cait         we can still discuss on ml if it causes bigger problems
10:45 cait         #endmeeting
10:45 huginn       Meeting ended Wed Jan 14 10:45:29 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
10:45 huginn       Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting__14th_january_2015.2015-01-14-10.01.html
10:45 huginn       Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting__14th_january_2015.2015-01-14-10.01.txt
10:45 huginn       Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2015/general_irc_meeting__14th_january_2015.2015-01-14-10.01.log.html
10:45 cait         thx for attending everyone
10:45 Joubu        cait: yep :)
10:45 BobB         thank you cait
10:46 BobB         We did not discuss the matter of the Wiki Curator and Communications manager
10:46 BobB         Discussion on those topics is ongoing
10:46 BobB         I will list them for next meeting
10:47 jransom      and the funded position / fundraising / donatons.
10:47 BobB         yes jo, also ongoing
10:47 BobB         I think bag will be sure to list it for next time
10:48 jransom      cool. I have an agenda to put tigether next week for trustees otherwise next month.
10:48 BobB         jransom, bag and I are working on a paper for you this week
10:49 Joubu        BobB, jransom: there are not in the agenda: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_14_January_2015
10:49 BobB         by what day do you need it?
10:49 thd          BobB: ashimema and I are going to discuss ideas about wiki management.
10:49 Joubu        s/there/they
10:49 jransom      I know paul and brendan are eagef to get this cracking aling.
10:49 BobB         joubu that is correct, I'm saying we'll add them for next meeting
10:50 BobB         thx
10:50 cait         i was not sure who would be around, so i kept the agenda open
10:50 jransom      if we want it to got jis month I neeed
10:50 jransom      scrap that ...
10:50 thd          BobB: He had raised some criticisms but I could not communicate with him properly while I was away in California.
10:50 BobB         yep, all good
10:51 BobB         best we get these things right, rather than rush them
10:51 jransom      I need to have anything by next thursday if we want it on this month's agenda
10:51 thd          BobB: Communications manager needs a better definition or understanding of the intended role.
10:52 BobB         ok jransom, that is enough time for us
10:52 BobB         will get it to you by mid-week
10:52 * magnuse    waves to jransom
10:52 * BobB       waves to magnuse
10:52 thd          BobB: It may be difficult to attract volunteers for a role for which the responsibilities are unclear.
10:53 BobB         agreed, yes
10:54 thd          BobB: The issue of ambiguity about what the Communications Manager would do was raised if I remember correctly again at the first meeting last time.
10:55 * magnuse    waves to BobB
10:55 BobB         feel free to email me (or the list) with any thoughts thd
10:55 thd          BobB: What did the Maouri word which I do not remember but thought of as something like Communications Manager do that is different from your conception of communications manger?
10:57 BobB         heaven knows, the only Maori I know is on the Koha wiki
10:57 magnuse      kaitiaki?
10:58 magnuse      nah, maybe not
10:58 thd          magnuse: yes
10:58 BobB         anyway, its bed time for me folks
10:58 BobB         good night all
10:58 thd          BobB: Do you remember when Koha had a kaitiaki?
10:58 thd          Good night BobB.
10:59 BobB         yes I do, nice concept, but don't get me started on governance at this hour, we'll both regret it  :)
10:59 BobB         night folks
10:59 ashimema     back
10:59 thd          jransom: Were you once the kaitiaki?
11:02 thd          ashimema: You may have missed the discussion of no yellow or green bits on the security map for Nigeria.
11:02 magnuse      hm, it looks like kaitiaki = guardian, so that might be more apt for jransom and hlt than for a "Communications Manager"?
11:02 * magnuse    needs lunch
11:03 thd          magnuse: I had thought that one of the functions had at one time been to publicise Koha when it was less well known.
11:35 gaetan_B     i have a question on futureholds and the ConfirmFutureHolds syspref (bug 9761)
11:35 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9761 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, CLOSED FIXED, Make it possible to confirm future hold requests at checkin time
11:35 gaetan_B     i think i got it but not sure
11:36 gaetan_B     does this mean that, if the value in this syspref is 3
11:36 gaetan_B     and i place a hold with a date in the future (20th of january for instance)
11:36 gaetan_B     if the book is checked in on the 18th, the librarian will get an alert and will be able to confirm the hold and set the book aside for me
11:37 gaetan_B     if the book is checked in on the 16th there will be no message and the book will be back on the shelves for normal circulation ?
11:37 gaetan_B     extra question if i got this right : what about checking the book in on the 17th?
12:32 Joubu        bug 13577 needs QA :)
12:32 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13577 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , The correct COLLATE set to all DB tables
12:40 oleonard     Hi again #koha
12:42 magnuse      kia ora oleonard
12:51 cait         hi again oleonard ;)
12:52 magnuse      hiya meliss and NateC
12:52 meliss       hi magnuse
12:55 cait         mveron: rotating collections doesn't seem to appearin the help files - so we shoudl be done with your patch :)
12:55 cait         mveron++
12:56 mveron       hi cait  :-)
12:58 cait         mveron: can we rename other things too? medientyp to exemplartyp? :)
13:04 tcohen       hi koha
13:08 mveron       cait:What would be the new names for Medientyp and Exemplartyp?
13:09 cait         Exemplartyp instead of Medientyp
13:09 cait         because people always thing it has to do witht he materialtype shown in the record
13:09 cait         hi tcohen
13:11 mveron       cait: Ach so... I will ask librarians here. Maybe we could ask others on German list?
13:19 cait         mveron: last time i got only one answer and lost :) but more people around now
13:20 cait         maybe worth trying again
13:28 tw           hello , everybody ! I want to know koha & elasticsearch (current state)
13:28 cait         tw: it's still in development
13:28 cait         that's what my impression is
13:29 cait         you can find a bug on bugzlla that links to a branch with some/all? the work i think
13:29 tw           thanks,  cait
13:30 ashimema_    what she said
13:32 tw           and then, i want to ask  plack for koha (it's also  in development)
13:32 tw           right!
13:33 ashimema_    plack is closer I think..
13:33 ashimema_    but turning it on is still not the most straight forward or documented thing
13:34 tw           koha have turn to mvc framework
13:34 tw           some new ides
13:34 tw           some new idea!
13:35 tw           like ruby on rails, php on laravel and some on....
13:35 oleonard     No. We are not going to re-write Koha in another language.
13:35 ashimema_    if you have an infinite amount of money and time to do such a migration.. go for it ;)
13:35 ashimema_    lol
14:05 Joubu        ashimema(', ashimema_?): Did you see my private msg?
14:06 ashimema_    sorry Joubu.. not seen it yet..
14:07 ashimema_    on the wrong computer at the minute whilst on the phone
14:07 Joubu        ashimema: k :)
14:07 ashimema_    will try to finish this phone call soon
15:12 nengard      oleonard around?
15:12 oleonard     Yes
15:13 nengard      got a sec to help me with a jquery headache? :)
15:13 oleonard     Sure
15:13 nengard      woo hoo
15:13 nengard      one sec i'll paste
15:14 pastebot     "nengard" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "jquery for oleonard" (5 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/363
15:47 huginn       New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12792: C4::Reserves breaks my vim syntax color <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=0f406a840a09b381dc12a4e9704846b126b0c214> / Bug 13408: Tell librarians they may continue scanning while checkouts table is loading <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=28513edb943c255b191c94e0fbc0fe14368e6985> / Bug 13566 - Change translation for 'Rotating collection' in German web
16:07 reiveune     bye
16:46 gaetan_B     bye
17:30 DigitalZen   hello
17:31 oleonard     Hi DigitalZen
17:32 DigitalZen   hi olenoard, I have a question about koha could you help me?
17:33 oleonard     You can ask any question you like, and anyone who knows the answer can respond
17:33 DigitalZen   awesome
17:33 wahanui      That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, DigitalZen
17:36 mveron       Bye #koha
17:38 DigitalZen   I am trying to import a MARC file into Koha but the 952 tag is not being imported, how can i solve this issue? I am running Koha 3.18 on Debian
17:41 oleonard     DigitalZen: How are you creating the MARC file?
17:43 DigitalZen   I am exporting them from an Athena system then using MARCedit I changed the 852 tag into 952
17:43 oleonard     DigitalZen: Perhaps you could paste the text of an example MARC record at http://paste.koha-community.org/ ?
17:49 DigitalZen   ok done
17:52 oleonard     You'll have to share the link with us DigitalZen
17:53 DigitalZen   http://paste.koha-community.org/364?tx=on&submit=Format+it%21
17:55 oleonard     I notice it doesn't have $a (home library) or $b (holding library)
17:57 DigitalZen   oh ok, I have another MARC file from the same place but I used a perl script to format it would you like that one too
17:59 pastebot     "DigitalZen" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "This one I used a perl script to convert the fields" (26 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/365
17:59 oleonard     DigitalZen: For what it's worth, when I import the record you pasted it imports with an item
18:02 DigitalZen   when you imported it did it have a barcode?
18:03 oleonard     Yes
18:03 oleonard     34014000074551
18:07 DigitalZen   ok I think i see what my problem was, thanks for the help sorry I am new to asking for help on IRC :p have a good day
18:07 oleonard     What was the problem DigitalZen?
18:12 DigitalZen   I kept looking for the 952 tag in the MARC view on koha. The imports I did in the past was with a perl script that removed my barcodes so I tried doing it without it and I knew the Barcode was in 952p but when I didn't see the 952 tag in the marc view on koha and after searching on google alot i decided to ask for help in IRC.
18:16 oleonard     DigitalZen: And now you see item information for your imported records?
18:17 DigitalZen   oleonard: Yes I do
18:21 DigitalZen   oleonard: I got to go Thanks again
18:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #590 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #590: SUCCESS in 4 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/590/
18:21 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update budget image
18:21 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: split add budget section
18:21 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add second way to duplicate budget
18:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #591 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #591: SUCCESS in 1 min 31 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/591/
18:34 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update dup budget info
19:04 jenkins_koha Starting build #592 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:04 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #592: SUCCESS in 1 min 24 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/592/
19:04 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add new section for closing a budget by Denise Hannibal
19:07 cait         hi #koha
19:10 bag          hi cait
19:10 cait         hi bag
19:11 bag          meeting?
19:11 wahanui      meeting is probably not today... but tomorrow
19:11 bag          meeting notes?
19:11 bag          note?
19:11 wahanui      it has been said that note is not visible in opac i think? but in staff?
19:11 bag          notes?
19:11 wahanui      notes is the key :D
19:11 oleonard     wahanui: Forget all that stuff.
19:11 wahanui      oleonard, I didn't have anything matching all that stuff
19:11 oleonard     wahanui: forget meeting
19:11 wahanui      oleonard: I forgot meeting
19:11 oleonard     wahanui: forget notes
19:11 wahanui      oleonard: I forgot notes
19:12 oleonard     wahanui: forget note
19:12 wahanui      oleonard: I forgot note
19:17 bag          @later tell ashimema  congrats and good luck :)
19:17 huginn       bag: The operation succeeded.
20:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #593 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #593: SUCCESS in 2 min 42 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/593/
20:05 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update budgets section with links
20:07 wizzyrea     hi
20:08 nengard      hi
20:57 cait         academy_students++
21:18 wizzyrea     oh cait
21:19 wizzyrea     regarding "report a security bug could be bigger" - it's quite huge here: http://koha-community.org/security/
21:19 cait         wizzyrea: it shows really small for me
21:19 wizzyrea     on that page?
21:19 cait         let#s see if my server has come back so i can show you
21:19 wizzyrea     it's a giant blue link.
21:20 cait         http://librarygeekgirl.de/pics/pic_fc731a.png
21:20 cait         i disagree :)
21:20 wizzyrea     yeah, that one's on every page
21:20 wizzyrea     look up at the top of that page.
21:20 wizzyrea     Report a security issue in Koha
21:20 cait         ah
21:20 wizzyrea     that is a link
21:20 cait         that link
21:21 wizzyrea     :)
21:21 cait         I thik i just thought it was a heading
21:21 cait         instead of the linkt to report
21:21 wizzyrea     that's legitimate
21:21 cait         could we make the link at the bottom look linky? (blue?)
21:25 * wizzyrea   sics an academy student on the problem
21:26 cait         :)
21:38 wizzyrea     12352 illustrates the importance of a good bug report.
21:41 cait         bug 12352
21:41 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12352 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , Update patron records -page should have a link to patron details
21:53 wizzyrea     any other website-y things?
21:53 wizzyrea     sections you'd like added?
21:53 wizzyrea     removed?
21:54 cait         wizzyrea: did you see my update on the bug?
21:55 wizzyrea     yeah, really helpful
21:55 wizzyrea     the original though, it could have been clearer.
22:03 eythian      hi
22:04 * dcook      waves
22:06 wizzyrea     cait: your bug reports are always awesome. :)
22:07 cait         i wish :)
22:08 wizzyrea     pft.
22:26 cait         night :)
22:35 wizzyrea     later cait :)
22:38 rangi        bag: you about?
22:41 bag          for a sec
22:43 bag          rangi:
22:44 bag          ok I have a meeting I’m running too - catch you later rangi
22:44 bag          rangi: if it’s something urgent - shot me an email - I can check that on the go
22:46 rangi        righto
22:47 rangi        just wanted a test baker and taylor username to test a bug
22:52 anonymous    can you check kohaacademy wizzyrea?
22:52 wizzyrea     sure :) sorry was afk for a moment
22:55 anonymous    no worries
23:29 barton       hey #koha, I've just done a major overhaul on the 'Notices and Slips' page on the wiki. Please take a look. I'm soliciting comments (feel free to leave me a @later if I don't respond).
23:30 barton       http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Customising_Notices_and_Slips
23:32 dcook        You know... if LoC cared so much about RDA, you think they'd add a "r" value to the Leader's 18 position... although I'm sure we all know LoC doesn't actually like RDA anyway..
23:32 barton       Even better, if you have the ability to read perl code and some extra time and attention, follow the link at the end of the page and help me fill in some of the details.
23:33 dcook        barton: I can't say I've had any of the problems you mention with Outlook :S
23:33 dcook        But I'm also on the newest version, I think..
23:34 barton       Oh, actually that's the legacy part of the page ... atll the stuff that I added was in the 'Notice Markup' part of the page, and down.
23:35 dcook        Mmm
23:35 dcook        Neato
23:35 barton       It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft has made their html handling much more robust since that page was written.
23:36 dcook        If you don't mind me asking, is the wiki page intended for librarians or developers?
23:36 barton       yes.
23:36 barton       ;-)
23:36 dcook        lol
23:36 dcook        :p
23:37 barton       It's meant to be a resource for the entire Koha community.
23:38 barton       I'd like to add a link to the messaging rewrite RFC: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Messaging_rewrite_RFC
23:38 barton       ... unfortunately, that page is fairly out of date as well.
23:38 dcook        I was just about to ask if anyone was working on that one :p
23:38 dcook        I agree about what you said about messaging being one of the most public parts of Koha though
23:39 dcook        It would be good to have all the public parts be the most robust and well documented..
23:41 barton       Sing it, brother!
23:44 barton       I would like to see a) the formatting done via template toolkit (I'm not in *love* with template toolkit, but we need something that we don't re-write every time we add a new message type).
23:46 barton       b) much more of the letters logic pulled into C4::Letter (or write Koha::Messages ...)
23:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #32 for job Koha_3.18.x_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:47 dcook        Hmm, using template toolkit could probably be a bit risky
23:47 dcook        Totally agree with b) though
23:47 dcook        There's so much logic in individual scripts and it's rather inconsistent at times
23:47 dcook        Koha::Messages or something would be rad
23:48 barton       c) use DBIC for the data to pull, and have the staff client only show the data avaliable for a given letter.
23:48 barton       "rather inconsistent at times" <= understatement of the day.
23:50 dcook        hehe
23:50 tcohen       @later tell rangi if you want to backport the UTF-8 tests into 3.18.x, I can set jenkins so it runs them
23:50 huginn       tcohen: The operation succeeded.
23:51 rangi        hmm i dont think i will
23:51 rangi        big enough changes that i think ill leave it for master
23:52 barton       Like I said, I'm not in love with template toolkit ... it's krufty and ugly, but does have the necessary power to display lists of data in a consistent fashion... plus, we use it for everything else.
23:52 barton       what risks do you see, dcook?
23:52 barton       XSS?
23:53 tcohen       rangi: i'm talking about the tests only
23:53 tcohen       bug 13264
23:53 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=13264 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, z.tajoli, Pushed to Master , Full stack encoding tests (UTF-8)
23:53 tcohen       new files
23:53 rangi        ah hmm might backport them
23:53 rangi        ill let you know
23:55 rangi        TT is for display logic, not functional logic, the only reason stuff gets crufty is when people start putting functional logic in your templates .. just because you can, doesnt mean you should
23:55 dcook        ^
23:55 * dcook      hearts TT a bit ;)
23:55 dcook        barton: I was thinking a bit about http://www.template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Directives.html#section_PERL, although it might be irrelevant if "EVAL_PERL" is disabled.
23:56 dcook        It probably isn't set although errors wouldn't be good either
23:56 dcook        While I like TT syntax, it might also be a bit intimidating for librarians
23:56 dcook        And possibly too powerful
23:57 dcook        Of course, I'm always locked in a struggle regarding how much power to give to staff client users...
23:59 dcook        abby++