Time  Nick       Message
23:39 dcook      oleonard++
23:29 dcook      heh
23:28 tcohen     wife is waiting for me to cook!
23:28 dcook      and night :)
23:28 dcook      hey, tcohen
23:28 tcohen     night every1
23:28 dcook      Dang, cait...1:30am?
23:28 bag        tcohen++
23:27 bag        thanks tcohen
23:27 tcohen     hi dcook
23:27 * dcook    looks forward to reading the minutes
23:27 rangi      thank you tcohen
23:26 tcohen     thanks everyone
23:26 huginn     Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_2.2014-07-02-22.01.log.html
23:26 huginn     Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_2.2014-07-02-22.01.txt
23:26 huginn     Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_2.2014-07-02-22.01.html
23:26 huginn     Meeting ended Wed Jul  2 23:26:25 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
23:26 tcohen     #endmeeting
23:26 tcohen     what was the command?
23:26 tcohen     done
23:25 tcohen     #agreed next meeting date: July 23rd (part 1: 15:00 UTC) (part 2: 22:00 UTC)
23:25 bag        ok I need dinner now
23:25 tcohen     ^^^^^^ kohacon14
23:24 tcohen     http://bit.ly/1iXmSgC
23:24 bag        works  +1
23:24 rangi      +1
23:24 eythian_   same_bat_time++
23:23 tcohen     15:00 UTC and 22:00 UTC
23:23 tcohen     same time
23:23 tcohen     thus, proposed July 23rd
23:22 tcohen     I proposed on koha-devel, trying a 3-week cycle for this meetings
23:22 tcohen     #topic Set time of next meeting
23:22 cait       22nd_releases++ :)
23:21 tcohen     ok
23:21 bag        heh
23:21 rangi      thanks
23:21 bag        I just don't want my calendar alerts to be wrong :P
23:21 tcohen     we can do it
23:21 tcohen     yes, i'll talk to the guys about that
23:21 bag        agreed - I think it should be back to 15th 22nd
23:20 rangi      i just wanted to mention that, and see if people would like to try to get back to monthly regular releases
23:20 rangi      but it kinda is all over the place now, which makes it harder for translators etc
23:19 rangi      it used to be 15th was string freeze, and 22nd was release (for maintenance releases)
23:19 rangi      ive notice we seem to be slipping from our release dates
23:19 tcohen     release dates are slippin
23:19 rangi      ah yeah
23:18 tcohen     we forgot to talk about that on part 1
23:18 tcohen     #topic Dates of releases
23:18 tcohen     ok, moving on
23:17 cait       but it's the time
23:17 * cait     might already be half asleep
23:17 cait       huh?
23:16 tcohen     we should move on, cait would fall asleep otherwise
23:16 eythian_   That looks worthwhile.
23:15 tcohen     thanks bgkriegel
23:14 bgkriegel  TemaTres: http://www.vocabularyserver.com/
23:13 tcohen     is a tool for managing thesaurus and controled vocabularies
23:12 wahanui    well, that is the intended behavior?
23:12 eythian_   what is that?
23:12 tcohen     ok, i mentioned TemaTres
23:12 eythian_   yay bugs! :)
23:11 bag        see if we can't find some more bugs
23:10 * bag      is working on getting 2 production sites up in the next two weeks for plack staff
23:10 eythian_   A few have been signed off, and one or two need a bit more work (of the ones I've done.)
23:10 tcohen     is there big stuff needing sign-off or any kind of feedback?
23:09 tcohen     rangi: about plack support
23:08 tcohen     excellent
23:08 bag        once we can have pianohacker in the "office" for a consistent period we'll be looking at all those again
23:08 cait       not sure what we could use instead
23:08 bag        yup cait there is...
23:07 bag        will do
23:07 cait       there is also the opac patch using pazpar2
23:07 tcohen     :)
23:07 bag        like why even change what we already have versus being creative with something new :)
23:07 cait       :)
23:06 tcohen     ok, let everyone know if feedback is needed
23:06 bag        right now pazpar2 isn't reliable - so pianohacker needs to decide on how he wants the z3950 searching done
23:05 tcohen     (from the release team)
23:05 tcohen     bag: what needs to be done for rancor?
23:05 bag        he should have more patches coming in another 3~4 weeks
23:05 rangi      elastic search, plack, and cover images
23:05 huginn     04Bug 11559: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Professional cataloger's interface
23:05 bag        pianohacker just spent the last week working pretty heavily on http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11559
23:05 rangi      just the same as before
23:04 tcohen     I mentioned earlier that I plan to work on a TemaTres<->Koha integration
23:04 wahanui    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
23:04 tcohen     anyone?
23:04 tcohen     #topic Big stuff we are working on
23:04 tcohen     ok next topic
23:03 tcohen     #actions ByWater is working to provide an LDAP server for testing purposes
23:02 tcohen     bywater++
23:02 bag        :)
23:02 bag        so LDAP will come just not too fast
23:02 * tcohen   is amazed most of the sentences are even aligned
23:02 bag        just got back in office from being out for about 40 days (work travel and vacation)
23:01 tcohen     :-D :-D
23:01 * bag      is working on getting an LDAP server for testing
23:01 tcohen     we still don't have an LDAP server for testing LDAP patches
23:01 tcohen     biblibre++
23:01 tcohen     biblibre set a CAS server for testing purposes
23:01 tcohen     SIP, etc
23:00 tcohen     not everyone has a CAS or LDAP server
23:00 tcohen     due to the lack of a proper testing environment
23:00 tcohen     the QA team has several bugs in their queue
22:59 tcohen     #topic Testig of APIs, CAS, LDAP...
22:59 tcohen     ok, moving on now, agreed?
22:59 tcohen     dcook for instance, proposed YAML instead
22:58 tcohen     or comment on the bug (feedback is always welcome)
22:58 tcohen     ok, if anyone has any comment to do on that, approach bgkriegel
22:58 tcohen     we currently have one file for each language
22:57 rangi      yep
22:57 tcohen     anyway, what bgkriegel want's to do for now, is abandoning the SQL files stored in the source tree, and move them to XML for better translation
22:57 wahanui    okay, cait.
22:57 cait       the change is also to make it easier translatable - i think maybe not try tomake it do everything now, but make afirst step?
22:56 tcohen     DSpace uses an XML file to model the input form (cataloguing framework)
22:55 rangi      ie it doesnt have to support others yet, but just not make it harder to :)
22:55 rangi      just whatever we choose to represent our frameworks, it would be nice to not build in assumptions that it will always be MARC
22:55 eythian_   Though a lot of the existing stuff it hooks into expects marc, but that's a solvable problem.
22:55 rangi      well elasticsearch already lets us index anything, not just marc so nothing more needed there really
22:54 rangi      not in this release cycle no
22:54 tcohen     rangi et al: do u plan to work on that regarding the ES integration efforts?
22:52 rangi      just not locking us into only being able to represent marc fields would be the first step
22:52 wizzyrea   could probably take some cues from projects like greenstone
22:51 rangi      thats designed heavily for cataloguers (ie people who like MARC) i doubt we'd touch that
22:51 cait       not sure what i say makes sense it's quite late here
22:50 bgkriegel  and what about rancor?
22:50 cait       we would have to add to it maybe, but use vor validation?
22:50 cait       hm for the data i think yes, but not sure that's the same
22:49 tcohen     the cataloguing interface needs to be rewritten to support that I guess
22:48 wizzyrea   most of the metadata formats have dtds I thought...
22:47 tcohen     hi wizzyrea
22:47 tcohen     rangi: if you have any idea on an XML model that should help going that direction, please step in :-D
22:47 rangi      with that, plus elasticsearch .. we are moving away from 1968 :-)
22:47 wizzyrea   cataloguing_frameworks++
22:46 wizzyrea   ^^
22:46 rangi      xml seems like a good step in that direction
22:46 wahanui    hmmm... interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
22:46 tcohen     interesting
22:46 rangi      might be dc, might be whatever
22:45 rangi      which might be marc
22:45 rangi      id like to move it to cataloguing frameworks
22:45 rangi      id like to see it as a first step away from being MARC specific
22:45 tcohen     using XML has the advantage that the current translation tools like it
22:45 bgkriegel  it will be useful if some want to comment on that bug
22:44 tcohen     the idea is to use xml for generating the data
22:43 bgkriegel  main reason is to ease translations
22:43 bgkriegel  other files could be also
22:43 bgkriegel  I'm for using xml, at last in frameworks
22:42 bgkriegel  well, as said earlier, need opinions/ideas
22:42 wahanui    bgkriegel is, like, on a signoff spree
22:42 tcohen     bgkriegel?
22:42 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12477 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , We need better ways to manage MARC Frameworks
22:42 tcohen     Better ways to manage MARC Frameworks - Bug 12477
22:42 tcohen     ok, moving on
22:41 tcohen     yohann++
22:41 tcohen     and they are talking on hte public list about that
22:41 tcohen     khall_away offered to help him with that
22:40 tcohen     #info yohann sent several patches to move C4::SQLHelper-dependent code to using DBIx
22:39 tcohen     next is the removal of C4/SQLHelper
22:39 rangi      yep
22:38 tcohen     syspref == ccsr || prog -> bootstrap
22:38 tcohen     one thing worth mentioning is that in will imply changing the opactheme syspref
22:38 rangi      oleonard++
22:37 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11346 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Deprecate the PROG and CCSR themes
22:37 tcohen     #info Removal of prog/CCSR themes (bug 11346) - oleonard will be working on those patches
22:37 tcohen     defaults need to be changed, sysprefs deleted, and so on
22:36 cait       oleonard++
22:36 tcohen     #info oleonard said he'll be working on patches for that
22:36 tcohen     next is removal of prog/CCSR themes
22:35 cait       :)
22:35 cait       oh right.. there was that
22:35 tcohen     #info cait will put the GBSD for UTF.8 cleanup in next general meeting's agenda
22:34 cait       #info gmcharlt will set a date for a gbsd for the utf-8 clean up
22:33 tcohen     we need as many eyes as possible on that one
22:32 tcohen     gmcharlt said he'll be reviewing that patch set
22:32 tcohen     Joubu worked hard on that. It is a tricky one
22:32 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
22:32 tcohen     UTF-8 cleanup - Bug 11944
22:31 tcohen     so, next is
22:31 rangi      yep
22:31 tcohen     agreed on that path?
22:30 tcohen     #info rangi asked that removal should imply a clear statement for the users to be aware of the removal
22:29 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl uses HTP
22:29 tcohen     #action tcohen will ask on the mailing list if someone still uses misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl (bug 9000)
22:29 tcohen     asking people if they rely on that
22:29 tcohen     (i'll do it)
22:29 tcohen     and that a mail to the general list should be sent
22:28 tcohen     ok, we earlier agreed that there was no rush for it
22:28 cbrannon   thanks
22:28 cbrannon   sorry
22:28 huginn     04Bug 11096: major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Koha cannot retrieve big records from Zebra
22:28 bag        hey cbrannon there is a meeting going on - but I think you are looking for this http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11096
22:28 rangi      just that it doesnt do the same thing as a saved search, so you will need to tell people how they can do the same thing
22:27 cait       gmcharlt has also asked again on twitter, we can do mailing list and release notes
22:27 rangi      im not against removing it
22:27 tcohen     maybe they are interested in improving it
22:27 cait       yes, so far it's just the only feedback from users we have
22:27 rangi      i still think we need to make it very clear in the release notes (not just an email to the list)
22:27 rangi      yes, thats fine for those who have a support company
22:27 tcohen     ok, i'll send an email to the general list as we said in part 1
22:27 cait       ashimema said at the last meeting he had checked with his coworkers and they 'would cope'
22:26 rangi      so we will have to document its being removed and provide easy instructions for an alternative
22:25 cait       it's not nice, but i tried it, untranslatable tho
22:25 rangi      and if you installed koha pre 3.4.0 you will have
22:25 cait       it does
22:25 cbrannon   Is anyone aware of an item limit for bib records?
22:25 rangi      if you have html::template::pro installed, it works
22:25 rangi      asheima said so in the last meeting
22:25 rangi      yes
22:25 rangi      so we would need to make it nice and clear in the release notes its being removed
22:24 tcohen     rss.pl?
22:24 rangi      there are some people around the world using it, it will work fine if you installed koha a while ago and jsut kept on upgrading
22:24 tcohen     with cait we agreed earlier
22:23 eythian_   yeah, if it's never used and won't even work, toss it.
22:22 tcohen     and we can always recover from git if needed
22:22 tcohen     it depends on HTML Template Pro which is not even a dependency for us
22:22 tcohen     does anyone have any concern on removing rss.pl?
22:21 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl uses HTP
22:21 cait       Removal of misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl uses HTP - Bug 9000
22:21 tcohen     bug 12456 (already on master)
22:21 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12456 normal, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Pushed to Master , The file C4/Maintainance.pm can be removed
22:21 cait       Removal of C4/Maintainance.pm - Bug 12456
22:21 tcohen     which are passed QA
22:20 tcohen     I mentioned two bugs that remove stuff
22:20 tcohen     #topic Bugs
22:20 tcohen     #agreed add a deprecation warning to coding guidelines
22:20 tcohen     agreed?
22:19 tcohen     +1
22:19 cait       adding no new features to non-xslt
22:18 cait       +1
22:18 tcohen     the plan is to freeze non-XSLT related code during 3.18
22:18 eythian_   +1
22:18 tcohen     do we agree on that addition to the coding guidelines?
22:16 tcohen     #info suggested coding guideline by gmcharlt http://paste.lisp.org/display/143068
22:16 cait       hm new coding guideline... not no
22:16 cait       and gmcharlt has written up a suggested no coding guideline - http://paste.lisp.org/display/143068
22:16 cait       HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC HighlightOwnItemsOnOPACWhich
22:16 wahanui    hmmm... sysprefs is one
22:16 tcohen     and sysprefs
22:15 cait       it appears there is at least one
22:15 cait       the next step would be identify features that are non-xslt only
22:15 eythian_   oh good :)
22:15 eythian_   Just to ensure everyone has a heads up.
22:15 cait       xslt is already default :)
22:15 eythian_   e.g. start making XSLT default, then in a couple of releases remove it.
22:15 eythian_   It'd be good to have a plan, like with prog->bootstrap
22:14 tcohen     on the first part we discussed changing the coding guidelines to reflect that
22:14 tcohen     #link http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2014-April/040456.html
22:14 tcohen     it's been discussed that non-XSLT should be deprecated
22:13 tcohen     #topic Additions to Coding Guidelines
22:13 tcohen     ok, moving on
22:13 tcohen     anyone that wants to take a look is welcome
22:13 tcohen     Ah, I forgot to mention that the new jenkins setup made visible some problems, most notably Perl 5.18 related
22:12 cait       move on :)
22:12 cait       yep
22:11 tcohen     ok, moving on?
22:10 tcohen     s/\.8/\.18/ :-P
22:10 tcohen     questions on RM 3.8 comments?
22:09 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
22:09 tcohen     also, now bug 11703 is passed-qa, i'm considering it for pushing soon, tomorrow i'll be testing it too
22:09 tcohen     I'm excited, and expect to have feedback if something needs improvement
22:08 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9811 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Patrons search improvements
22:08 tcohen     also, I pushed my first "big patchset" (bug 9811)
22:08 tcohen     #info anyone that wants to take a look at the Trello boards for Koha Community, just let tcohen know
22:07 bgkriegel  #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Argentina & late
22:07 tcohen     #info Koha Community org on Trello can be found at https://trello.com/kohadevel
22:07 tcohen     Katrin is experimenting for QA, I expect dcook to do it on for his Search code rethink/rewrite effort
22:06 tcohen     Also, we are exploring the use of Trello to coordinate more efforts on the development team
22:05 tcohen     #info Jenkins tasks have been changed/updated, feedback from RMaints and anyone interested is expected
22:05 tcohen     to take a look and let me know their suggestions or stuff that needs to be done
22:04 tcohen     I ask everyone interested (specially RMaints)
22:04 tcohen     tweaks might be needed to the launching scripts
22:04 tcohen     each one has its own DB
22:04 tcohen     on ubuntu 12.04 & 14.04, and Debian 6 & 7
22:04 tcohen     I mentioned today that the jenkins tasks have been set to build and run tests for all stable branches
22:03 tcohen     #topic RM 3.18 comments
22:03 tcohen     #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting,_2_July_2014
22:03 tcohen     agenda:
22:03 tcohen     so, moving on :-D
22:02 tcohen     today we had a really long meeting
22:02 rangi      #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst
22:02 bag        #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
22:02 JesseM     #info Jesse Maseto, ByWater
22:01 eythian_   #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, NZ
22:01 cait       #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
22:01 tcohen     #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
22:01 wahanui    #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
22:01 tcohen     #topic Introductions
22:01 huginn     The meeting name has been set to 'koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_2'
22:01 huginn     Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:01 huginn     Meeting started Wed Jul  2 22:01:07 2014 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
22:01 tcohen     #startmeeting Koha IRC Developer Meeting, July 2nd, part 2
21:56 eythian_   all going well I may have to bail part way through.
21:53 tcohen     dev meeting in 6 minutes!
21:50 eythian_   hi
21:50 cait       hola tcohen
21:49 tcohen     hola #koha
21:26 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12151 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , remove remaining uses of the Perl smartmatch operator
21:26 wizzyrea   bug 12151
21:25 wizzyrea   doh missed oleonard
20:48 huginn     New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12485 - Show OPAC search history when opacuserlogin is OFF <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=a06cb31941f8cb4cee5498f25e518344e8f9aeda>
20:14 oleonard   Bye #koha
19:58 cait       maybe a typo/accidentally hitting sent
19:56 rangi      super helpful comment
19:55 rangi      morning
19:53 oleonard   "lol" ?
19:53 huginn     04Bug 7021: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mathsabypro, ASSIGNED , patron category in the statistics table
19:53 oleonard   http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7021#c14
19:11 tcohen     bye #koha
19:08 tcohen     can anyone sign 12151? i bothers me a lot :-P
19:06 cait       khall++ :)
19:06 huginn     New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12463 - Capitalization: Calendar tool, headings for different types of holidays <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=d925b0446d3071a3d25e2837dcee548480eb9d1f>
18:56 huginn     New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12386 - 'Days in advance' pull down in bootstrap OPAC is huge <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=e8789adfe2c0351101c0fe1846b32d5bd2c01277> / Bug 8566: [SIGNED-OFF] Enable koha-foreach to insert the instancename into commands <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=d7a55f58901d7cfd98b846213654df0d7544695b> / ug 11857 - Number of patrons on a patron list not accurate
18:22 huginn     New commit(s) kohagit: BUG 12304: LDAP auto-provisioning set default messaging preferences <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=9da4c80b0149a88c14316099515ede2ebdaf7646> / Bug 12456: The file C4/Maintainance.pm, and by extension the file t/Maintainance... <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=9187c10a8008a2e29051ff167fca39323d4cbe80> / Bug 9811 [QA Followup] - Enable bProcessing <http://git.k
18:15 tcohen     and Pottle!
18:12 cait       well... we still have jquery :)
18:11 cait       thx :)
18:11 * oleonard approaches the English Council of Terminology to petition a rule change
18:11 cait       so for translation... it's been a problem and it's wrong in our opac currently
18:10 cait       oleonard: the problem with term is that it also means... something like word
18:07 tcohen     thanks oleonard, cait
18:05 oleonard   I think "term" is a less-specific word where "semester" and "quarter" imply a more specific duration, but all are basically the same thing
18:03 wahanui    Using deft allegory, the authors have provided an insightful and intuitive explanation of one of Unix's most venerable networking utilities. http://www.amazon.com/Story-about-Reading-Railroad-Books/dp/0448421658
18:03 cait       khall: ping?
18:03 cait       spring course
18:03 cait       spring semester... maybe
18:03 tcohen     manual uses "Spring" as an example
18:03 cait       but it's bad for translation
18:02 cait       i think the term of the ... hm academic year?
18:00 tcohen     #koha: what is "Term" used for in course reserves?
17:48 huginn     New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9811: Fix wording branch vs library <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=5fa481fa081e52053ee535b9a94e71483950b4a0> / Bug 9811: Cardnumber could be alphanumeric <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=4bbda034644723750a11c5693953390cc229a0a7> / Bug 9811: Various fixes <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=05b4fd7d522436face13f45634671bae0151b
16:11 newbie     goodbye
16:10 newbie     It was great to watch :-)
16:10 ztajoli    cait ++
16:10 tcohen     cait++
16:09 gmcharlt   cait++
16:09 ztajoli    bye
16:09 bgkriegel  cait++
16:09 cait       thx everyone!
16:09 huginn     Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_1.2014-07-02-15.00.log.html
16:09 huginn     Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_1.2014-07-02-15.00.txt
16:09 huginn     Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_1.2014-07-02-15.00.html
16:09 huginn     Meeting ended Wed Jul  2 16:09:25 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
16:09 cait       #endmeeting
16:09 cait       but we are over by 10 minutes! heh :)
16:09 tcohen     +1
16:09 cait       sorry for being a  bit fast in the end
16:08 cait       #agreed next meeting, pending confirmation from second meeting today, will be 23rd July, 15 + 22 UTC
16:08 bgkriegel  +1
16:08 ashimema   +1
16:08 oleonard   +1 for July 23
16:08 gmcharlt   +1 23rd July
16:07 cait       #topic Set date of next meeting
16:07 tcohen     July 23rd
16:07 ztajoli    fro me is better 23rd
16:07 tcohen     yes
16:07 bgkriegel  July 23? 30?
16:06 cait       maybe 23rd?
16:06 cait       i think tcohen had said something about 3 weeks
16:06 oleonard   August 6 starts the Koha North America conference
16:06 gmcharlt   early August?
16:05 cait       someone going to help me with finding a good time for the next meeting?
16:05 cait       :)
16:05 tcohen     that we will discuss soon :-D
16:05 tcohen     and there are several ways to integrate it
16:05 tcohen     it implements the SKOS model
16:04 Joubu      (have to go, bye)
16:04 gmcharlt   tcohen: neat!
16:04 cait       #link http://www.vocabularyserver.com/
16:04 tcohen     gmcharlt: http://www.vocabularyserver.com/
16:03 tcohen     it has a REST API
16:03 khall      I'll take a look
16:02 tcohen     TemaTres is a tool for managing thesaurus and controlled vocabularies
16:02 gmcharlt   cait: yes, but not making promises yet as to when
16:02 gmcharlt   tcohen: TemaTest is what, briefly?
16:02 tcohen     :-D
16:02 tcohen     TemaTres author is willing to do whatever is needed to help integrating it to Koha
16:02 cait       khall? gmcharlt?
16:02 cait       #info Joubu still waiting for a signoff on batch modification records - bug 11395
16:01 tcohen     to complete the current RFC
16:01 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Batch modifications for records
16:01 Joubu      Still waiting a signoff on batch moification records patches (bug 11395 and linked)
16:01 cait       #info tcohen working on TemaTres integration soon
16:01 tcohen     will have a videoconference with its creator tomorrow morning
16:01 tcohen     I plan to work on TemaTres integration soon
16:01 ashimema   nadda here... to much other stuff on the plate
16:00 Joubu      nothing new planned here.
16:00 cait       sorry, that shoudl have been only one ?
16:00 cait       any announcements??
15:59 cait       #topic Big stuff we are working on
15:59 cait       yes, z39.50 - but I think nothing in the qa queue currently - maybe in needs sign off
15:58 cait       :)
15:58 cait       ok, that's it from me on the topic
15:58 cait       #action all if you can, test LDAP, SIP and CAS patches or give them a second sign off! :)
15:57 cait       i think a second sign off could help QA
15:57 tcohen     Z39.50 also
15:57 ashimema   allot depends on the varying configurations..
15:56 ashimema   it's not as easy as putting up a test ldap/cas/shibboleth server though unfortunately.
15:56 cait       please, if you can test LDAP, SIP, CAS patches, do so, even if they are signed off already
15:56 cait       for the CAS patch paul_p has provided a login to a test server, so that should be possible to test now
15:56 cait       one reasn is that we don't have an LDAP or CAS to test against
15:55 cait       api patches often seem to get stuck, because we have only very few testers for them
15:55 cait       #topic Testig of APIs, CAS...
15:55 cait       a bit
15:55 cait       we are running out of time, so i will hurry up a big
15:54 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12477 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , We need better ways to manage MARC Frameworks
15:54 cait       #action all comment on bug 12477 with ideas about improving our MARC framework management
15:54 tcohen     +1 for the idea of having the data in XML for translation purposes
15:54 bgkriegel  no need for actions right now, but some ideas to work with, could be comments on 12477
15:53 gmcharlt   and the custom ones wouldn't be touched during ugprades
15:53 gmcharlt   if somebody wants a customized one, they'd derive it from one of the standard ones
15:52 gmcharlt   i.e., the standard frameworks wouldn't be changed, but could be upgraded to meet the standard
15:52 gmcharlt   right, but user-facing
15:52 cait       but it seems to work nicely
15:52 cait       well in sql
15:52 cait       gmcharlt: it hink we already have that now for authorities
15:51 gmcharlt   one approach might be to change the structure so that there's a concept of a derived framework
15:50 cait       it was sooo easy compared to the horror of translating them the first time
15:50 bgkriegel  but dcook raised some questions on that bug, i think someone could comment
15:50 cait       bgkriegel++ his work on making the frameworks translatable has been a great help in updating the German frameworks
15:50 tcohen     the idea is to have the sample data (for example) in XML format for easier translation tasks
15:50 bgkriegel  i have some code for frameworks, and most sql files
15:49 * khall    notices yohann uses HashRefInflator, excellent!
15:49 bgkriegel  it will be easier to translate
15:49 bgkriegel  what do you think on using xml for our data?
15:48 cait       bgkriegel: do you want to take over?
15:48 wahanui    bgkriegel is on a signoff spree
15:48 tcohen     bgkriegel?
15:48 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12477 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , We need better ways to manage MARC Frameworks
15:48 cait       Better ways to manage MARC Frameworks - Bug 12477
15:48 tcohen     yohann1++
15:48 cait       runing a bit low on time... next one :)
15:48 cait       ok
15:48 khall      np!
15:48 yohann1    khall: thanks you :)
15:47 Joubu      khall: thanks
15:47 cait       #action khall to give yohann feedback on his patches
15:47 ashimema   nice one khall++
15:47 cait       yay
15:47 ashimema   yeay.. action on khall ;)
15:47 khall      I will
15:47 ashimema   cait, someone needs to step up and give yohann some feedback..
15:47 cait       i guess that's the problem here
15:47 ashimema   though using it in the koha context is still baffling me a tad.
15:47 cait       hehe those are  nice but not #actions
15:46 ashimema   me too ;)
15:46 khall      I'm am completely for increased use of dbic
15:46 cait       can someone give me something for an #action? :)
15:45 khall      yohann++ indeed
15:45 gmcharlt   yohann++
15:44 cait       also yohann++ for improving our test coverage :)
15:44 ashimema   I was about to say that Joubu.. do any dbic pros want to comment on the bug please.. i'm no pro so not in a position to ;)
15:44 Joubu      There are at leats 4 others modules to update
15:44 cait       #info some patches for removing SQLHelper from the code base are ready for testing/feedback, see http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2014-June/040594.html
15:44 Joubu      see the mail on the list
15:44 Joubu      Yes, the patches are interesting, but he needs some feedbacks to continue
15:43 ashimema   yohann++
15:43 cait       yohann++
15:43 cait       yohann1 has send some patches to achieve that
15:43 cait       next is the removal of C4/SQLHelper
15:42 cait       ok, anything more?
15:42 * khall    has dealt with custom templates and didn't enjoy the experience
15:42 cait       :)
15:42 cait       i haven't used it yet... but it seems like something that might be useful for some
15:41 khall      cait: yeah, I just thought of that.
15:41 cait       khall: and look at ccsr - you can just have your own template file for one thing and fall back to standard theme for the rest
15:41 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12233 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, REOPENED , remove prog and CCSR OPAC themes
15:41 gmcharlt   cait:  see also bug 12233
15:41 oleonard   We let people do all sorts of things which are terrible ideas :)
15:41 gmcharlt   khall: who's to say that if the library is comfortable doing it?
15:41 cait       khall: not necessarily
15:41 khall      which is generally a terrible idea
15:40 tcohen     khall: we agreed people might have their own templates
15:40 cait       khall: because you can create templates
15:40 khall      why not remove the pref altogether?
15:40 cait       and also a big red note in the release notes?
15:40 gmcharlt   yes
15:39 cait       that will keep their opacs functional
15:39 tcohen     moving them to bootstrap
15:39 cait       switching the pref
15:39 cait       i think we might have to put in a database update
15:39 oleonard   I'm not sure how we should handle the upgrade process for users of prog
15:38 ashimema   oleonard++
15:38 cait       #action oleonard is going to send patches for removing the deprecated prog/CCSR themes
15:38 gmcharlt   oleonard++
15:38 tcohen     oleonard++
15:38 cait       oleonard++
15:38 bgkriegel  there are five patches from oleonard removing related sysprefs
15:38 cait       :)
15:38 tcohen     oh, great!
15:38 oleonard   I have started submitting patches already, will continue.
15:38 tcohen     if anyone wants to help, let me know
15:37 oleonard   Sorry, I was afk
15:37 tcohen     will be sending patches soon
15:37 tcohen     ok, I can delete that stuff
15:37 Joubu      I am volunteer to SO on it :)
15:37 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11346 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Deprecate the PROG and CCSR themes
15:37 cait       #info Removal of prog/CCSR themes (bug 11346) - looking for volunteers
15:37 tcohen     ok, volunteers? oleonard?
15:36 tcohen     :)
15:36 cait       tcohen: we are still in bugs
15:36 tcohen     cait: the topic
15:36 tcohen     has anyone appointed to start sending patches on this?
15:35 cait       decision has been made, now we need to get it done :)
15:35 cait       next is removal of prog/CCSR themes
15:35 cait       #action cait to put UTF-8 GBSD on next weeks meeting agenda
15:35 ztajoli    Ok, for CINECA july is a good month for 11944
15:35 tcohen     cait: agreed
15:34 gmcharlt   cait: sure
15:34 gmcharlt   :)
15:34 tcohen     hmm, this not anormal
15:34 cait       we can then talk again about the gbsd maybe?
15:34 cait       we have a normal meeting next week i think
15:33 Joubu      k
15:33 tcohen     (e.g. CGI using -utf8)
15:33 gmcharlt   Joubu: still working on it; not much chance to code during the ALA conference
15:33 tcohen     those that set the correct way to cope with data encoding/decoding
15:33 Joubu      gmcharlt: did you manage to write some tests?
15:32 tcohen     that i'd like to push the important bits sooner than later
15:32 cait       #info gmcharlt is also currently reviewing the feature and remaining issues
15:32 tcohen     i'd like to say
15:32 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
15:32 cait       #action gmcharlt to call a date in July for a GBSD focused on UTF-8 clean-up (bug 11944)
15:31 cait       also gmcharlt++ for the review
15:31 tcohen     Joubu++
15:31 gmcharlt   and completing my review some time over the weekend
15:31 ashimema   Joubu++
15:31 gmcharlt   by tomorrow I'll be calling a date in July for a GBSD focused on it
15:31 ztajoli    ++
15:31 cait       Joubu++ :)
15:31 tcohen     Joubu worked hard on that
15:31 gmcharlt   so, re UTF-8
15:30 tcohen     great ashimema
15:30 ashimema   sorry for being late.. just catching up now
15:30 cait       next ist an update on the UTF-8 clean up
15:30 ashimema   "we'll cope" was their general response.
15:29 * ashimema has never played with it personally.
15:29 ashimema   many have still been using it recent;y.. but they're happy to switch to the search based rss if you can get the same functionailty out of it..
15:29 cait       #action tcohen will ask on the mailing list if someone still uses misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl (bug 9000)
15:29 * oleonard finds it hard to believe anyone is using it
15:29 tcohen     to the public list this time
15:29 ashimema   I asked the question to my collegues..
15:29 tcohen     i will
15:29 cait       who asks?
15:29 cait       ok
15:28 tcohen     that
15:28 tcohen     should we hold it back, and ask again?
15:28 gmcharlt   I suggest that we ask again - i can tweet - and if we don't hear back in a couple weeks, assume nobody's using it and remove it
15:28 cait       hm i think tcohen send something
15:28 tcohen     its been asked on the dev list
15:27 cait       but the rss xml files generated are not translated and thre are probably other problems as well
15:27 tcohen     it seems that it could serve for having heavy-loading rss precalculated
15:27 gmcharlt   has it been asked on the general mailing list whether anybody is using it?
15:27 cait       unlike Maintenance.pm is still somewhat functional when you have HTP installed
15:27 tcohen     besides mtompset's question
15:27 tcohen     I didn't get any feedback on rss.pl
15:26 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl uses HTP
15:26 cait       Removal of misc/cronjobs/rss/rss.pl uses HTP - Bug 9000
15:26 cait       next one is similar
15:26 cait       #agreed C4/Maintanance will be removed (bug 12456)
15:26 reiveune   bye
15:26 bgkriegel  yes
15:26 cait       ok
15:26 cait       yes
15:26 cait       gmcharlt: true, just vote quickly and let's move on
15:26 ztajoli    +1
15:26 oleonard   yes
15:26 gaetan_B   bye!
15:26 yohann1    yes
15:26 gmcharlt   but anyway, +1 to removing it
15:25 khall      yes
15:25 tcohen     yes
15:25 gmcharlt   cait:  #startvote -- although to be frank, I'm not sure that this is worth calling a vote for
15:25 cait       #vote Remove of C4/Maintenance, yes = remove
15:25 gmcharlt   git keeps the history, in case somebody wants a reference to reimplement deletion-undo
15:25 cait       gmcharlt: how do i start the vote?
15:24 gmcharlt   from my POV, it can go
15:24 cait       sadly :)
15:24 cait       as far as I understand it, it's quite an old part of the code, for features no longer present
15:24 tcohen     start a vote?
15:24 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12456 normal, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Passed QA , The file C4/Maintainance.pm can be removed
15:24 cait       bug 12456
15:24 cait       removal of C4/Maintenance.pm
15:23 cait       #topic Bugs
15:23 cait       and +1 for the wording from me :)
15:23 barton     +1
15:23 tcohen     +1
15:23 cait       moving on to bugs?
15:23 cait       #info suggested coding guideline http://paste.lisp.org/display/143068
15:22 cait       let's make this quick as we have more topics - anyone wnats to veto? :)
15:22 tcohen     its ok
15:21 gmcharlt   but I can change it to "don't need to be" if that's cleerer
15:21 cait       sorry :)
15:21 cait       oh
15:21 gmcharlt   cait: "need not"
15:21 cait       in the first sentence of the second paragraph
15:21 cait       hm missing a don't I think?
15:20 tcohen     its fine gmcharlt
15:20 cait       #agreed add a deprecation warning to coding guidelines
15:20 gmcharlt   thoughts on the suggested wording?
15:20 gmcharlt   cait: and others - http://paste.lisp.org/display/143068
15:20 ztajoli    +1
15:19 tcohen     agreed
15:19 khall      agreed
15:19 cait       without calling another vote?
15:19 gmcharlt   they're similar
15:19 gmcharlt   khall: I think somebody tested recently
15:19 cait       can i add an agreed on the idea?
15:19 khall      considering we only process the visible results, the difference is probably not too great
15:19 wahanui    gmcharlt: I forgot 4.0
15:19 gmcharlt   wahanui: forget 4.0
15:19 khall      question: what kind of performance difference do we see between the two?
15:19 cait       #action identify XSLT-only features and file bugs for those
15:18 wahanui    4.0 is pbly at least a year from now, if not more, so PostgreSQL support in it seem reasonable and doable.
15:18 tcohen     4.0?
15:18 oleonard   And non-XSLT is officially gone when?
15:18 khall      +1
15:18 tcohen     ./t/db_dependent/check_sysprefs.t
15:18 cait       #idea add a deprecation warning - non-XSLT officially no longer maintained, new features will only be added to XSLT
15:17 wahanui    i already had it that way, cait.
15:17 cait       tcohen: not that i am aware of
15:17 tcohen     btw, do we have a test for not-used sysprefs?
15:17 cait       gmcharlt: could you maybe write smething for the coding guidelines about that?
15:17 ztajoli    +1
15:17 tcohen     +1
15:16 gmcharlt   +1
15:16 cait       what about a deprecation warning? no longer maintain them, add new features only to XSLT?
15:15 cait       a lot of features seem to be xslt only
15:15 gmcharlt   yeah, there could be otehrs
15:15 cait       not sure if there are more, just did a quick search in the pref editor
15:15 cait       gmcharlt: with which?
15:15 gmcharlt   one to deprecate, and another with those two sysprefs as a blocker to the first
15:15 gmcharlt   we can deal with that as bugs
15:15 ztajoli    sorry Stefano Bargioni
15:15 cait       HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC HighlightOwnItemsOnOPACWhich says it's non-xslt only
15:14 cait       i think i spotted a possible problem:
15:14 ztajoli    Stefano Bargione tries to finda and XSLT to display ISBD (MARC21 format)
15:14 cait       hm ok
15:13 gmcharlt   oleonard: none
15:13 cait       i think maybe a first step could be to not maintain them officially
15:13 oleonard   gmcharlt: Any response to you from users on this issue?
15:13 cait       but the question has come up on a bug, if a new feature needs to be added to non-XSLT as well
15:13 fridolin2  hie all
15:12 cait       not yet
15:12 tcohen     is there a bug for removing that?
15:12 cait       there has been a mailing list discussion a while ago about deprecating the non-XSLT views
15:12 cait       #link http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2014-April/040456.html
15:11 cait       #topic Additions to coding guidelines
15:11 tcohen     ok next
15:11 cait       khall++ for fixing some issues with IE and accessiblity f
15:11 tcohen     any comments or concerns please let me know
15:10 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
15:10 tcohen     and now that bug 11703 is passed-qa, i'm considering it for pushing it soon
15:10 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9811 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Patrons search improvements
15:10 tcohen     that i'm about to push bug 9811
15:10 cait       next topic?
15:10 tcohen     moving on, i wanted to mention
15:10 cait       :)
15:10 tcohen     :-P
15:10 tcohen     don't be shy
15:10 cait       so nothing official currently
15:09 cait       hm kind of - i am still testing trello mostly right now :)
15:09 tcohen     ok
15:09 tcohen     the QAM also set a QA board
15:09 cait       thx!
15:09 cait       ah, now we overlapped gmcharlt :)
15:09 cait       #info Let tcohen know if you want to take a look at the Trello board for Koha Release Management
15:09 tcohen     heh, was about to post the same
15:08 gmcharlt   #info Koha Community org on Trello can be found at https://trello.com/kohadevel
15:08 khall      #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:08 tcohen     and I'm about to set a new one, for dcook to use in his effort to have better Zebra code
15:07 cait       welcome newbie
15:07 tcohen     we've set a board for having a list of pending dev meetings topics
15:07 newbie     #info Christopher - about to implement koha
15:07 tcohen     anyone that wants to take a look, please let me know
15:07 tcohen     The "Koha Community" Trello organization is being used for openly establishing priorities and work that needs to be done
15:06 barton     #info barton, bywater
15:06 tcohen     ok, next
15:06 tcohen     any ideas, please let me know
15:05 tcohen     its a shell script, that is written inside the form
15:05 ztajoli    #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA
15:05 tcohen     Joubu: those scripts are in the task configuration form in jenkins
15:05 tcohen     (on master)
15:05 Joubu      Where can we found launching scripts?
15:05 tcohen     that jenkins shows
15:05 tcohen     There are still pending issues with Perl 5.18
15:05 JesseM     #info Jesse Maseto, ByWater
15:04 cait       #info Jenkins tasks have been changed/updated
15:04 tcohen     and feedback will be welcome
15:04 tcohen     the launching scripts might need to be improved
15:04 tcohen     they now test all maintained branches (/plus master) on ubuntu 12.4, 14.04 and debian 6 & 7
15:03 tcohen     Jenkins tasks for running unit tests have been changed/updated
15:03 tcohen     some brief comments
15:03 tcohen     hi
15:02 cait       handing over to tcohen
15:02 cait       #topic RM 3.18 comments
15:02 cait       1... :)
15:02 cait       3... 2....
15:02 cait       #link http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting,_2_July_2014
15:02 wahanui    today's agenda is probably on the wiki
15:02 cait       today's agenda
15:01 gmcharlt   thx
15:01 tcohen     wb gmcharlt
15:01 bgkriegel  #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba Argentina
15:01 oleonard   Welcome back gmcharlt
15:01 jwagner    #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
15:01 tcohen     #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
15:01 gmcharlt   #info Galen Charlton, Equinox
15:01 yohann1    #info Yohann Dufour, BibLibre
15:01 Joubu      #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:01 oleonard   #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
15:01 cait       #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany, QAM
15:01 cait       please introduce yourself with #info
15:00 wahanui    #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
15:00 cait       #topic Introductions
15:00 huginn     The meeting name has been set to 'koha_irc_developer_meeting__july_2nd__part_1'
15:00 huginn     Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 huginn     Meeting started Wed Jul  2 15:00:47 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00 cait       #startmeeting Koha IRC Developer Meeting, July 2nd, part 1
15:00 cait       ...
14:59 cait       get ready, get coffee... but be fast!
14:59 cait       hehe exactly!
14:59 cait       ok peeps
14:59 tcohen     meeting in 1!
14:54 cait       meeting in 5!
14:51 cait       hm weird
14:50 druthb     whoa.
14:50 huginn     druthb: meliss was last seen in #koha 7 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes, and 18 seconds ago: <meliss> #info Melissa Lefebvre, ByWater Solutions
14:50 druthb     @seen meliss
14:50 druthb     !
14:50 huginn     druthb: talljoy was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes, and 1 second ago: <talljoy> no problem!
14:50 druthb     @seen talljoy
14:34 tcohen     thanks oleonard for the pointer
14:29 huginn     04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6815 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kohapatch, ASSIGNED , Capture member photo via webcam
14:29 oleonard   There's even an existing bug for that: Bug 6815
14:28 tcohen     and i thought of a syspref-driven feature for the OPAC too
14:28 tcohen     A library asked me to implement that for the staff interface
14:28 tcohen     yes
14:26 oleonard   If a system like that were added to the OPAC it ought to be combined with the pending patron modifications system
14:25 oleonard   If a library wanted accurate photos of their patrons I would think they would not want to trust photos received through the OPAC, but I guess that's a choice they could make.
14:24 tcohen     I was thinking on both
14:24 oleonard   tcohen: On the staff side or OPAC?
14:23 tcohen     for a flash fallback if the browser doesn't provide the API
14:23 tcohen     it could be combined with https://github.com/addyosmani/getUserMedia.js
14:22 tcohen     upload/take picture
14:22 tcohen     I was thining of adding that to the patron details page
14:21 wahanui    interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
14:21 oleonard   Interesting.
14:21 oleonard   No
14:20 tcohen     oleonard: have you used Photobooth.js?
13:38 cait       according to thelibrarian actually tab shoudl work and woudl work better, but this seems the way it works now
13:38 Joubu      yep, thanks
13:38 Joubu      ok, right/left
13:38 cait       Joubu: for testing - click on the checkouts tab (to get the focus), then use arrow right keys
13:38 Joubu      cait: what are the shortcuts for tab navigation?
13:07 bgkriegel  hi cait :)
13:07 cait       hi bgkriegel and tcohen :)
13:02 bgkriegel  Hi To+
12:59 tcohen     hi bgkriegel
12:53 bgkriegel  Hi
12:32 oleonard   MARC preview not working in the latest Manage staged MARC records interface
12:19 oleonard   Hi everyone
12:18 tcohen     buen día #koha
12:18 huginn     tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 8.0°C (9:00 AM ART on July 02, 2014). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Steady).
12:18 tcohen     @wunder cordoba, argentina
12:07 francharb  o/ cait
12:07 cait       hi francharb :)
12:07 francharb  good morning!
12:06 cait       there is not much you can do without fixing the network
12:06 cait       i am sorry, i think csharp is right then
12:06 Racoo      this duplications especialy occur when the network is slow.
12:06 Racoo      yes
12:05 cait       Racoo: you mean that if you don't refresh or use the browser back button, there are still duplicates being created?
12:04 Racoo      When we hit the refresh button or press f5 it creates duplications, but without refreshing the page by hitting refresh button or press f5 unfortunately it again creates duplications.
12:02 csharp     we see similar behavior in Evergreen when the network is congested and/or insufficient
12:02 cait       zebra is unlikely, if the duplicate only existed in the index, you couldn#t delete it
12:02 cait       it could be it sends the request again - and then that might cause the duplicate
12:01 cait       do you hit refresh?
12:00 csharp     Racoo: a web-based program like koha needs a healthy network connection - no way around that
11:59 Racoo      ?
11:59 Racoo      cant it be solved programaticaly
11:58 csharp     (but that's beyond the scope of #koha ;-))
11:57 csharp     Racoo: sounds like you need a professional to come evaluate your network setup... there are ways to throttle bandwidth via free/open source programs like pfsense
11:54 Racoo      when the network is busy, it gives "Internal server error" but the biblio or the holding record is created, but sometimes 1 record sometimes 2 or more than 2 duplications are created. than we have to delete all the duplications, it is a huge lost time :(
11:50 Racoo      it is a big problem
11:49 Racoo      how can we solve it??
11:49 wahanui    hmmm... indexing is done by Zebra.
11:49 Racoo      indexing
11:49 Racoo      it may be beause of zebra
11:48 Racoo      both in biblios and holdings
11:48 Racoo      when the system is busy it creates dublications
11:48 Racoo      no dont click double
11:47 cait       not sure that can be sovled within koha
11:46 cait       i think it might happen because of your network issues
11:46 cait       do you double click by chance?
11:46 Racoo      Please help,  when I  create new catalogue entries, I often find I get a 'double' entry, so that I end up with a biblio record with holdings, and one without. I then have to go back and delete the extra entry, otherwise it shows up on catalogue searches as having 'no items' which is confusing for people using the catalogue. When I add an item it duplicates too. When the network slows this problem happens. How can I stop duplication
10:33 cait       lunch bbl!
10:33 cait       i only helped
10:33 cait       library++ :)
10:29 khall      cait++
09:13 cait       Joubu: library tested ok :) going to sign off the 2 patches in the name of the librarian
08:24 cait       Joubu: my tests look good, letting the library know
08:20 cait       Joubu++
08:18 Joubu      cait: done ;)
08:07 cait       Joubu: ping me when it's done?
07:51 cait       thx!
07:51 cait       cool
07:51 Joubu      cait: in 10min
07:51 Joubu      cait: yep
07:49 cait       it was number 7
07:49 cait       the database still seems to have the test configuration from yesterday
07:49 cait       could you maybe apply the new 2 patches from kyle to the sandbox?
07:48 Joubu      cait: yep
07:48 cait       Joubu: around?
07:45 cait       good morning biblibre :)
07:35 cait       mornign #koha
07:22 Joubu      hello
07:16 dcook      au revoir, tous
07:16 dcook      Need to run!
07:15 dcook      Might just need to keep batting away at it until I find the right solution...
07:15 dcook      Hmm, I might actually have a bit of a plan for buildQuery now...
07:05 gaetan_B   hello
06:59 cait       Joubu: rollover is done :)
06:41 reiveune   hi cait dcook
06:41 cait       :)
06:41 cait       dcook: it could be worse
06:40 cait       hi reiveune
06:40 reiveune   hello
06:38 dcook      :(
06:33 cait       bit frustrating
06:33 cait       i know i tested this and it worked at some point
06:33 cait       the partial receive status is not properly given on updating an older database
06:33 cait       hm yeah
06:32 dcook      Surprise! :D
06:32 cait       found a bug i think
06:32 cait       hm gah
06:16 cait       i sent something
06:15 * dcook    doesn't start work until 9, but might try to get in early..
06:15 dcook      I might be there on my phone...
06:15 dcook      Oh right... I guess it would be 8am for me tomorrow
06:10 dcook      Or is it supposed to be my july 3rd?
06:10 dcook      It is july 2nd today for me O_o
06:10 cait       http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Development_IRC_meeting,_2_July_2014
06:09 cait       or the reminder?
06:09 cait       july 2nd
06:09 wahanui    hmmm... the meeting is on wednesday?
06:09 cait       the meeting?
06:08 dcook      Or did I get my days screwed up?
06:08 dcook      I thought that was already done?
06:07 cait       shoudl i send a reminder about today's (for you tomorrow's) dev meeting?
05:59 dcook      Well, I guess I've learned a lot...
05:58 dcook      Hopefully better than mine :p
05:58 cait       hm wonder how mine will turn out then :)
05:56 dcook      I've been trying a lot of things with CCL and QueryParser
05:56 cait       how can a day be experimental?
05:54 dcook      Mmm, experimental
05:52 cait       how is wednesday?
05:52 dcook      I guess so
05:52 * dcook    shrugs
05:52 cait       looks like i missed this morning's search discussion? :)
05:51 cait       hi dcook :)
05:37 * dcook    waves to cait
05:20 * cait     waves
04:08 dcook      Yep
04:07 eythian    250$a
04:06 eythian    If I have an 'edition' field, where would I put that in MARC?
03:15 dcook      Always nice when you need to change something on Gitolite but haven't used it in ages :p
02:55 dcook      Hmm, looks like .mailmap didn't merge my usernames together on GitStats :/
02:50 dcook      Cool :)
02:50 eythian    there's definitely some facility for it.
02:50 eythian    I'm pretty sure it is possible.
02:49 * dcook    doesn't care for weight fields all that much
02:49 dcook      Don't know if weight fields is even possible with ES although I don't really mind that
02:49 eythian    yeah, I havne't really implemented those yet.
02:49 dcook      As that will require parsing the query, modifying it, then stitching it back together again
02:48 dcook      Autotruncation
02:48 dcook      I wonder a bit about stemming and weight fields..
02:48 dcook      Yeah, and the existing code sucks :p
02:47 eythian    it's more or less a shim to allow compatibility with the existing code.
02:46 eythian    dcook: oh yeah?
02:46 dcook      But we'll see :)
02:46 dcook      eythian: I suspect ElasticSearch will have problems with the query building as well
02:45 wizzyrea   that seems closer to what I experienced
02:42 rangi      and is 6.7
02:42 rangi      metservice says it feels like 3
02:41 wizzyrea   :P
02:41 wizzyrea   when I was outside, it felt colder than that.
02:41 eythian    you're inside.
02:41 wizzyrea   feels colder than that.
02:41 huginn     wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (2:30 PM NZST on July 02, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.18 in 988 hPa (Steady).
02:41 wizzyrea   @wunder nzwn
02:35 wahanui    okay, wizzyrea.
02:35 wizzyrea   be eythian is also <reply> just move to elasticsearch
02:35 wahanui    Sod it all, let's head to the pub!
02:35 wizzyrea   be eythian
02:33 eythian    dcook: just move to elasticsearch
02:31 dcook      Mmm, maybe even stemming..
02:31 dcook      Except stemming
02:31 dcook      Well...for a basic search it might work..
02:30 dcook      Ahh, wait, idea no good...damn
02:30 dcook      It's just that buildQuery works really stupidly
02:30 dcook      Yeah, maybe
02:30 dcook      :p
02:30 wizzyrea   look out.
02:29 dcook      Hmm, I think I'm getting an idea...
02:24 dcook      It did the first time I tried in Koha but that might've been unrelated
02:24 dcook      Actually...not so much
02:19 dcook      It takes ages
02:19 dcook      Oh totally
02:14 eythian    it's probably a lot more expensive to do that
02:10 dcook      O_O
02:10 dcook      'find rltrn=?fess?' = CCL ERROR: Both left - and right truncation not supported
02:09 dcook      'find rltrn="?fess?"' = expected result
02:08 rangi      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTg8lisw2gM
02:08 rangi      they'll get this
02:08 rangi      next time someone asks me about NCIP
02:01 dcook      Oh my..
01:57 eythian    http://imgur.com/a/KBWIf <-- the weather took a turn around lunch time
01:56 dcook      hehe
01:53 eythian    I would also expect that.
01:53 eythian    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/38-wonderful-moments-in-closed-caption-history?bffb
01:53 dcook      You can use them as truncation wildcards within parentheses though
01:53 dcook      eythian: Naturally
01:52 dcook      yaz-client plus "querytype ccl2rpn" and "set_cclfile /koha/etc/zebradb/ccl.properties" = no Koha crap
01:52 eythian    I would expect that
01:51 dcook      Well, you can, but they apparently are treated as regular text and not wildcards...
01:51 dcook      Apparently you can't use truncation wildcards within double quotes
01:20 dcook      As Squeeze uses 4.0.11-1
01:19 dcook      Not in Squeeze though
01:19 dcook      It looks like Wheezy's packaged version is 4.2.30, so people using packages should be OK
01:16 wahanui    okay, eythian.
01:16 eythian    wahanui: dcook is also the designated masochist
01:16 wahanui    ...but dcook is missing part of that original link due to a smiley face that comes up in dcook's IRC client|currently out of line....
01:16 eythian    wahanui: dcook is the designated masochist
01:15 dcook      Why do I do such things...:p
01:15 dcook      IE and Zebra
01:14 dcook      I'm on 4.2.13...
01:14 dcook      Make CCL's @truncation work again.
01:14 dcook      Fix cql_sortby_to_sortkeys. Completely broken before.
01:14 dcook      --- 4.2.21 2011/11/23
01:14 dcook      There's a bug
01:14 dcook      Ahhh
01:10 dcook      Just like it says here: http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/doc/tools.html#CCL
01:10 dcook      suggests that there can be truncation aliases..
01:10 dcook      http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/dox/html/cclfind_8c_source.html
01:06 dcook      Mmm then again..
01:06 dcook      In fact, I think the documentation might be plain wrong
01:00 dcook      eythian: Certainly badly documented
00:58 eythian    dcook: that's all very mysterious.
00:58 wizzyrea   because it's cold as outside
00:58 * wizzyrea is really grateful for her flat white right now
00:55 dcook      Hmm maybe not enough testing to be sure though..
00:52 dcook      I think truncation characters might only factor in when using special truncation attribute combos...
00:51 dcook      wrdl,rtrn="profession?" will return the same as wrdl,rtrn="profession"
00:51 dcook      Have to have "rtrn"...
00:50 dcook      Yep, not a damn thing I can see
00:50 wahanui    hmmm... unless is probably meant to give code that reads more like natural language? but i'm not a fan either
00:50 dcook      Hmm, unless..
00:50 dcook      Hmm, tests say that adding "?" or "*" to a query doesn't do a damn thing when using Zebra
00:32 dcook      And I doubt many people use it when they're trying to remember how to do a search in Koha
00:32 * dcook    doesn't think the manual is necessarily 100% correct
00:31 dcook      Or at least staff accessible
00:31 dcook      Something that is user accessible
00:31 * dcook    has also been thinking about writing up Zebra search tips for Koha
00:23 dcook      Wait..nvm..
00:23 dcook      Ah ha
00:21 dcook      Ah, Indexdata's website says truncation is a CCL directive...
00:20 * dcook    should re-read the CCL syntax...
00:17 dcook      Damn google and not being able to search special characters
00:14 dcook      I suppose it's still possible @truncation is a thing in a different file..
00:13 * dcook    did notice that removing * and ? didn't seem to have an effect when using rtrn anyway...
00:12 dcook      eythian: Yeah, Koha::SearchEngine::QueryBuilder would be great
00:12 dcook      Sorry, little rant there
00:12 huginn     dcook: downloading the Perl source
00:12 dcook      @truncation in ccl.properties looks like it's been totally made up as a thing
00:12 dcook      And with reason...
00:11 dcook      Yay open source...
00:11 dcook      http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/dox/html/cclptree_8c_source.html
00:11 dcook      Hmm, I'm beginning to think CCL2RPN doesn't actually understand "*" or "?"
00:08 dcook      Mmm, agreed
00:07 eythian    there is stuff for that there now, but it's incomplete.
00:07 eythian    so, you should just ask for Koha::SearchEngine::QueryBuilder and get the right thing
00:07 eythian    yeah
00:07 dcook      Hmm, so do you mean about loading modules that you may or may not need?
00:06 eythian    yeah, pretend it's not
00:05 dcook      (Huh, I didn't know for/when was a thing)
00:03 eythian    I need to get it to the point where you don't even know what search engine you're using.
00:02 eythian    have a look near the top of opac-search.pl
00:02 dcook      Faking it?
00:02 eythian    I'm sorta faking it at the moment, but that's not ideal.
00:01 eythian    I need to do something about that.
00:01 eythian    Though, that syspref isn't currently a very good switch
00:01 eythian    yeah.
00:00 dcook      Rather than using the syspref as a switch, yeah?
00:00 dcook      Ahh, nevermind. I think I gotcha.