Time  Nick          Message
23:30 huginn        bag: Contains the current price of an item or records the special export price of an item in any currency. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,m,2,6,8]
23:30 bag           @marc 365
23:25 huginn        bag: unknown tag price
23:25 bag           @marc price
23:25 huginn        bag: Information relating to the publication, printing, distribution, issue, release, or production of a work. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,e,f,g,3,6,8]
23:25 bag           @marc 260
22:33 mtompset      and about 11 or so addressed.
22:32 mtompset      I have 1 or 40+ done.
22:32 mtompset      Yes, handwriting thank you letters.
22:30 dcook         Handwriting?
22:29 mtompset      I was. Still need to, but handwriting is painful.
22:28 wahanui       hmmm... mtompset is catching up in the non-coding aspects of his ministry.
22:28 dcook         Hey mtompset
22:26 mtompset      Greetings, dcook.
22:17 * dcook       waves
22:14 bag           afternoon y'all
22:04 francharb     see ya
21:30 oleonard      Bye #koha
21:30 * oleonard    will have to look again tomorrow
21:30 mtompset      Well, not assured unique
21:30 mtompset      It is not unique.
21:30 mtompset      See the comment I put on the bug.
21:29 oleonard      mtompset: Is that unique in Koha, do you know?
21:29 wahanui       i guess postfix is found at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix (but you probably can skip the SASL stuff) or at http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html
21:29 mtompset      postfix?
21:29 mtompset      You need to have sendmail working on your koha server.
21:29 mtompset      Ah, the forgot password patch?
21:28 mtompset      oleonard: You ping'd?
21:19 oleonard      Anyone else have problems with the suspend holds feature in the OPAC? When I specify a date it gets saved as 0000-00-00
19:57 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update serial image
19:57 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update subscription detail image
19:57 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #18: SUCCESS in 11 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/18/
19:56 jenkins_koha  Starting build #18 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:54 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update serial image
19:54 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update subscription detail image
19:54 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update serials subscription info
19:54 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs build #447: SUCCESS in 12 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/447/
19:54 jenkins_koha  Starting build #447 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:42 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update serials subscription info
19:42 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix routing list confusion
19:42 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #17: SUCCESS in 13 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/17/
19:42 jenkins_koha  Starting build #17 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:39 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix routing list confusion
19:39 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update patron notification
19:39 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs build #446: SUCCESS in 13 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/446/
19:39 jenkins_koha  Starting build #446 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:37 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: clarify routing lists
19:37 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update patron notification
19:37 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.12.x build #46: SUCCESS in 12 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.12.x/46/
19:37 jenkins_koha  Starting build #46 for job Koha_Docs_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:32 nengard       lots of patches coming to the manual :)
19:32 nengard       thanks again
19:32 nengard       let me give that whirl as well
19:31 cait          first tab i think, right column
19:30 cait          you can see who subscribedfor email notifications from the link on the subscription detail page
19:30 cait          really routing lists
19:30 nengard       cait one more question - may or may not be related. The tab on the patron's record for 'routing lists' is that things they subscribed to or are they really routing lists?
19:28 nengard       you did help!! a lot
19:28 nengard       all better cait
19:27 jenkins_koha  Nicole C. Engard: update patron notification
19:27 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #16: SUCCESS in 9.6 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/16/
19:26 jenkins_koha  Starting build #16 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:24 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix syntax errors
19:24 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: add two new circ permissions
19:24 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update routing list info
19:24 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: update info on when items marked lost/withdrawn
19:24 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs build #445: SUCCESS in 10 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/445/
19:23 jenkins_koha  Starting build #445 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:23 cait          hope it helped :)
19:22 nengard       thanks!
19:22 nengard       Okay I need to fix this in not just the current manual but the old ones too
19:21 cait          naming it email alert woudl be more accurate
19:21 cait          that's why i said the standard template is misnamed
19:21 cait          nengard: yep, as long as you have the routing syspref activated itshould all work
19:21 nengard       cait it's not me misunderstanding you - it's me misunderstanding stupid serials :) hehe
19:20 nengard       so, i can manually create a routing list without this selected? Let me go check on this
19:20 cait          but you can always add a routing list
19:20 cait          if you have none in the pull down, the link for subscribing is not showing in opac
19:20 cait          so it should go whereever this feature is subscribed
19:20 cait          you only need to pick a notification, so the link for the email alert shows up in the opac
19:19 cait          the first image and explanation on the manual page can be deleted
19:19 cait          hm i thnk we are misunderstanding each other
19:14 nengard       my question is this - if I add someone to the routing list - as described in this section of the manual do they get an email when an issue has arrived or do they just show on the routing list that the library prints.
19:13 nengard       In Serials you edited the tip for the Routing List option when adding a subscription - this section of the manual is about routing lists http://manual.koha-community.org/3.14/en/routinglist.html
19:12 jenkins_koha  Nicole C. Engard: update routing list info
19:12 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #15: SUCCESS in 11 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/15/
19:11 jenkins_koha  Starting build #15 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:11 cait          ideally we should rename the sample notice not to be routing list, it's really confusing, but was harder to do then fixing the note
19:10 cait          not sure what 'here' is referring to :)
19:09 cait          maybe
19:09 cait          Routing lists are separate from email notifications and patrons have to be added to those separately in the serials module
19:09 cait          the picture is the subscription screen?
19:09 nengard       how would you say it?
19:08 cait          but not sure which picture is shown above
19:08 nengard       that's what i was asking
19:08 cait          +          list slip (not be notified via email)
19:08 cait          +          a new issue is received. Patrons added to the list here will only appear on the routing
19:08 cait          Selecting a notice will allow patrons to subscribe via the OPAC to notifications when
19:08 cait          not sure about the second sentence here:
19:08 cait          nengard: saw your comment on the bug now
19:00 cait          np
19:00 nengard       thanks
19:00 nengard       got it!
19:00 cait          routing lists and email alert are not related at all
19:00 cait          yes
19:00 nengard       So - if i add someone to the routing list from the staff client they won't be notified - they have to also subscribe?
18:59 cait          just got home, but mostly around
18:59 cait          yes kind of
18:59 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11228 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Explanation on 'patron notification' is not quite right
18:59 nengard       question about bug 11228 for the manual
18:59 nengard       cait around?
18:59 gmcharlt      so that "fast" messages like password resets would be process immediately, while slower ones would wait a bit
18:58 oleonard      But it would be nice if we could both solve that problem and keep email sending unified under one system
18:58 * gmcharlt    recalls some discussion about adding a priority level for certain message types
18:58 oleonard      I don't consider it solved. You can process the queue more frequently but that breaks the "digest" feature of some notices (since it doesn't give messages time to accumulate)
18:56 cait          how is it solved there? just by running the script more often?
18:56 cait          ah
18:55 oleonard      The patron registration feature uses the message queue, and it has a similar requirement for immediacy.
18:55 cait          but notice templates... ys
18:55 cait          i mean it needs to be sent out immediatley
18:55 cait          hm message queue probably because of the processing
18:54 * oleonard    wonders why the password recovery feature doesn't use notice templates and the message queue
18:52 cait          for the cart is was definitely wrong... either that or all my books have the same number of pages :)
18:51 wahanui       rumour has it interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
18:51 cait          hm interesting
18:51 cait          just saw your patch for the top issues
18:51 oleonard      cait: I thought that was going to be the case as well, but when I tried it it worked.
18:51 cait          because .size seems to be a TT thing
18:51 cait          i ran into that on the cart email
18:51 cait          my impression was that it only gives you the size of the loop/hash whatever
18:51 cait          oleonard: are you sure .size gives the correct result from the database?
18:50 * oleonard    tested the "forgot password" patch but didn't get a password recovery email
18:48 * cait        waves
18:48 oleonard      mtompset around?
18:46 gaetan_B      bye !
18:42 jenkins_koha  Nicole C. Engard: update serial search image
18:42 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #14: SUCCESS in 11 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/14/
18:41 jenkins_koha  Starting build #14 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:39 jenkins_koha  Nicole C. Engard: update serial search image
18:39 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs build #444: SUCCESS in 16 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/444/
18:39 jenkins_koha  Starting build #444 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:08 huginn        druthb: The operation succeeded.
18:08 druthb        @later tell cait https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/484850_709927635708162_1058643023_n.jpg   #whistles innocently
18:07 huginn        kivilahtio: The operation succeeded.
18:07 kivilahtio    @later tell Joubu I fixed the dumb Copyright copypaste error, also tested the permissions regarding the getAuthorisedValues() user permissions properly.
18:06 reiveune      bye
17:39 tcohen        probable not much
17:38 kivilahtio    tho I am not sure what would be the performance penalty for doing so?
17:37 kivilahtio    but mtompset is right that it would be much better if we passed hashes around instead of ordered parameters
17:36 tcohen        "unless there is no other way"
17:36 kivilahtio    tcohen: thanks! Good we clarified that to mtompset :)
17:36 tcohen        i was against changing the API in a not-backwards compatible way
17:36 tcohen        exactly, that's what I mean by "unless it falls back to current behaviour"
17:36 kivilahtio    100% compatible with the existing method call
17:36 kivilahtio    so if $branc_limit is not defined, nothing happens
17:35 kivilahtio    this used to be $authvalues = GetAuthorisedValues([$category], [$selected], [$opac]);
17:35 tcohen        (e.g. changing its parameters to to a hash reference
17:35 kivilahtio    tcohen: $authvalues = GetAuthorisedValues([$category], [$selected], [$opac], [$branch_limit]);
17:35 tcohen        i don't know the context of your talk, but I'd say GetAuthorisedValues shouldn't necesarily change its API
17:34 kivilahtio    tcohen: what do you mean?
17:29 tcohen        or it is for a future enhancement
17:29 tcohen        unless it falls back to current behaviour
17:29 tcohen        if you're fixing a bug that you pretend to get pushed to stable releases, don't change the API
17:26 kivilahtio    unfortunately its not within the scope of this patch
17:26 kivilahtio    mtompset: GetAuthorisedValues is referenced from ~50 places :(
17:03 kivilahtio    tcohen: hi there!
17:02 kivilahtio    thinking about changing unit test
17:02 kivilahtio    mtompset: I could change all invocations of GetAuthorisedValues but is would be a HUGE pain
17:02 tcohen        hi kivilahtio
17:01 kivilahtio    mtompset: I would love to do that, but it breaks existing functionality?
17:00 kivilahtio    Joubu: le fuu, I'll check that
16:47 Joubu         kivilahtio: the Copyright looks wrong too
16:47 Joubu         kivilahtio: the auth check in the second patch is not right. You check tools => upload_local_cover_images
16:46 Joubu         kivilahtio: yep, I'll try to have a look tomorrow
16:45 mtompset      kivilahtio: I know it is a pain, but if you are going to add a parameter to something that already has way too many (>3 in my opinion), could you change the parameter to a single hash and add a key instead?
16:44 mtompset      kivilahtio: eewwwww.
16:44 mtompset      Ewwww....
16:44 cait          isn't catalyst already working on elastic search?
16:44 cait          hm
16:43 mtompset      Greetings again, #koha.
16:43 kivilahtio    Joubu: Would you kindly take a peek at this? It is a super small modification :)
16:35 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11676 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Needs Signoff , Loading shelving locations based on the item's homebranch instead of the user's logged-in branch.
16:35 kivilahtio    bug 11676 :)
16:21 huginn        tcohen: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
16:21 tcohen        @notes tcohen
16:19 huginn        bag: I currently have notes waiting for #koha, bgkriegel, bgkriegel:, Brooke:, cait,, cait:, ccurry, chris_c, chris_n,, chris_n:, christ, cindy, Culiforg:, dcook,, dpavlin:, drofj, drojf:, druthb_away, druthb_away:, eythian:, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hackfesters, hdl:, hdl_laptop:, http://www.ub.uni-dortmund.de/listen/inetbib/msg48204.html, jcamins:, juan-siera, kf,, khall:, khall_away, km_kale, kmkale:, kyleh, (1 more message)
16:19 bag           @notes
16:19 huginn        bag: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
16:19 bag           @notes bag
16:19 wahanui       morning is a state of cat
16:19 bag           morning
16:19 tcohen        hi bag
16:18 tcohen        hi barton
16:17 cait          hi bag
16:17 barton        morning, bag
16:08 cait          hi tcohen
16:06 tcohen        hi cait
16:04 barton        a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin if little minds like mine, apparently.
16:00 cait          that was my impression
16:00 barton        Yeah, that would do it.
16:00 cait          i mean... it seems to use different things from the subscription for different things, like looking up when a subscription will expire
15:59 cait          sometimes it's using the start date and sometimes the last issue date i think
15:59 cait          i noticed a difference in koha
15:59 cait          barton: hm
15:56 wahanui       hi, talljoy
15:56 talljoy       hola
15:56 barton        morning talljoy.
15:55 barton        renewing a subscription due on 01/01/2013 => start date of 01/01/2014, but when trying to receive the first issue, it is dated 2015.
15:52 barton        yep.
15:52 nengard       cause i think that's one i tested and reproduced
15:52 nengard       it happens when they renew the subscription i think barton
15:52 barton        Ok, wait ... I misread the ticket. It's a subscription thing.
15:48 barton        cait: I can check, but I don't think so.
15:48 cait          barton: where they updated to a new version in between? could it besomething in the update going wrong?
15:47 cait          they are starting withs erials, so adding old issues
15:47 cait          and it resulted in 1998 when it shoudl have been 1999
15:47 cait          i had a library that said they used the receive multple issues at once function
15:46 cait          hmmm
15:46 barton        We had a number of partners who skipped 2014. Next issue was always in 2015.
15:44 cait          barton: what's the bug you are trying to get a hold on?
15:44 oleonard      There are a bunch of choices
15:44 oleonard      Check out the subscription_frequencies table
15:43 barton        Is it expressed as issues/year?
15:43 oleonard      How often a new issue of a periodical comes out
15:42 barton        What does it mean?
15:42 oleonard      Do you mean where the values originate? Or what does it mean?
15:41 barton        I'm trying to track down a bug in serials -- can someone explain how 'periodicity' is defined?
15:39 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix minor typo
15:39 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: add cache expiry info to report
15:39 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs build #443: SUCCESS in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/443/
15:39 jenkins_koha  Starting build #443 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:37 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix minor typo
15:37 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: add cache expiry info to report
15:37 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.12.x build #45: SUCCESS in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.12.x/45/
15:37 jenkins_koha  Starting build #45 for job Koha_Docs_3.12.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:35 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=11686 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , "please note your reason here..." does not get translated
15:34 oleonard      Bug 11686 is strange...
15:27 nengard       and there it is :)
15:27 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: fix minor typo
15:27 jenkins_koha  * Nicole C. Engard: add cache expiry info to report
15:27 jenkins_koha  Project Koha_Docs_3.14.x build #13: SUCCESS in 13 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs_3.14.x/13/
15:27 jenkins_koha  Starting build #13 for job Koha_Docs_3.14.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:24 nengard       :)
15:24 nengard       there, added to manual
15:18 cait          well if they see it, it's probably active :)
15:17 nengard       Well I need to include the image cause people will see it but I'll put a note on it that it's a sys admin thing ;)
15:17 mtompset      I better read back. :)
15:17 cait          i am struggling with it myself
15:17 nengard       right
15:17 mtompset      public report, JSON?! I think
15:17 cait          it's something on system adminsitration level, you can#t do it using prefs
15:16 nengard       i also don't think i documented how to turn on memcaching at all - cause i'm not finding it in the manual
15:16 nengard       awesome
15:16 cait          wlel the JSON data is still accessible... after logging in
15:16 cait          if your report is not pulbic, it's still accessible over JSON - using the staff URL and asking you to log in
15:15 cait          by caching it for x time, this is avoided
15:15 cait          if you make the report available as JSON and it's constantly rerun that would cause a lot of load
15:15 nengard       oh! for the public report
15:14 cait          nengard: it's for the JSON
15:11 oleonard      I don't have experience with memcached so I can't advise you.
15:11 nengard       or why it's there so i don't know how to document it
15:11 nengard       but i'm not sure what it does
15:10 nengard       it's related to the preference
15:10 nengard       so you're right
15:10 nengard       No - I checked on two systems, that's why i saw it on one and not the other - I've never had memcache on on my test system so i never saw it but a partner site does have it on and i saw it for the first time today
15:10 oleonard      I don't understand nengard... You checked out 3.12.4 and then 3.12.7 in the same test system?
15:08 nengard       now ... can you tell me what it means so I can document it? :)
15:08 nengard       oh! No I did not
15:06 oleonard      nengard_afk: Did you check 3.12.4 and 3.12.7 on different servers? Looks like caching options only appear if memcached is enabled.
15:00 nengard       brb - pup wants out
15:00 nengard       (just checked) :)
15:00 nengard       it was not there in 3.12.4 and it's there is 3.12.7
14:58 nengard       I have screenshots from more recently that do not have that
14:58 nengard       wait ... that says 2012 ... that's not right
14:58 nengard       thanks owen
14:56 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7249 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, Report webservices
14:56 oleonard      git blame says Bug 7249
14:54 nengard       i can't find a bug or patch anywhere ...
14:52 nengard       now question from me ... when did 'Cache expiry' get added to reports
14:52 nengard       oh good :)
14:51 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10865 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Don't show list permissions when adding public lists/sharing lists is not allowed
14:51 oleonard      Yeah I'm working on Bug 10865
14:51 nengard       i guess my problem is that most of our libraries don't allow patrons to create public lists and those options still show
14:50 oleonard      I guess I should test before asking... If I create a public list as User1 and allow anyone else to add entries then User2 can indeed add entries.
14:48 nengard       thought it was only in the staff client
14:48 nengard       i was surprised to see it pop up at my last training actually
14:47 nengard       not that i know of
14:47 oleonard      Allowing others to add/remove entries?
14:47 oleonard      Is there any aspect of OPAC list permissions that is currently functional?
14:43 rocio         back
14:38 rocio         brb
14:15 petter        I'll leave it until that is resolved then
14:14 petter        It says it depends on 10694
14:14 petter        aha
14:13 huginn        04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8769 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Allow SIP2 return backdating
14:13 petter        I dunno, its bug 8769
13:58 oleonard      petter: Is it a patch which depends on another patch?
13:58 tcohen        petter
13:58 tcohen        hi peeter
13:56 druthb        tcohen++
13:56 petter        hi tomas!
13:56 tcohen        the patch's parent is not present in your local DB
13:55 petter        when trying to apply a patch
13:55 petter        hot to resolve "fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless"
13:55 petter        any git maestros in here?
13:54 cait          i had every intention of sleeping through it :)
13:54 * oleonard    had every intention of coming to the meeting...
13:53 cait          hi oleonard :)
13:35 oleonard      Hi #koha
12:12 Joubu         salut francharb
12:06 francharb     good morning!
09:59 ashimema      htop
09:51 cait          hi Joubu
09:40 wahanui       hi, Joubu
09:40 Joubu         hello
09:16 cait          hm guess i was too slow
09:02 cait          and on server side debian is easiest because of the packages
09:02 cait          raye: as long as your clients can run a modern browser (firefox or chrome are often used) you shoudl be ok
09:01 petter        raye: koha's interface is a website - so any computer will do
09:01 petter        I think its some kind of client virtualization
09:01 cait          raye: I am sorry, not sure what N is?
09:00 raye          Hello? I'm working on implementing ILS in a small institute library. I have been thinking of using N computing system, so I would like to know if KOHA supports that system. Actually I want to install one or two servers, and around 10 computers for searching.
09:00 petter        hi katrin!
08:59 cait          hi petter :)
08:57 petter        good morning koha!
08:52 paxed         thanks. reported it as a bug
08:47 cait          paxed: i haven't been able to figure out why the one time i tried, but that was long ago
08:47 cait          paxed: yes, it's a translation glitch
08:46 paxed         is it just me, or doesn't the "please note your reason here..." text in suggestion management ever get translated? i've translated it in the po-file, but the template text didn't get translated.
08:25 * cait        waves
08:04 wahanui       bonjour, gaetan_B
08:04 gaetan_B      hello
07:47 wahanui       privet, alex_a
07:47 alex_a        bonjour
07:42 reiveune      hello
07:05 paxed         AFAICS, AdvancedSearchTypes settings can be eg. "itemtypes|loc" ... but then GetSupportList() does $advanced_search_types eq 'itemtypes'  ??!
06:41 paxed         is it just me, or is the ORDERED auth value missing from SUGGEST_STATUS when installing?
05:04 talljoy       any night owls around?
03:27 mtompset      Greetings, #koha.
03:02 wizzyrea      good luck ;)
03:01 * thd         has to work on migrating a vintage clothing business to ERP.  ERP today, some tomorrow for Koha.
02:53 wizzyrea      yep, I'm familiar
02:52 thd           wizzyrea: Most cataloguers do not consider the coding of extent to be an important problem but quite a few people concerned with machine operability are waiting on the work of a working group preparing recommendations for separating the quantity being measured, such as number of pages, from the unit being measured, such as pages.  The resolution of such issues should make machine indexing much easier.
02:46 thd           wizzyrea: RDA MARC implementation is also not a fully settled issue, JSC CC:DA are still very actively working on some important problems.  RDA is far from being a mature standard as AACR 2 had become.
02:44 wizzyrea      I can't wait to see them.
02:43 ziemore       alright, you guys have idea how much if i would avail own server?(just wanted to know)
02:43 thd           wizzyrea: I have not had the time recently to give enough attention to the Koha mailing lists but there are people preparing answers to just those questions with different levels of support for RDA.
02:42 dcook         ^^
02:41 wizzyrea      There is already a framework for RDA - we store the data. What to do with it is the current question, and no one seems to want to answer that.
02:41 thd           wizzyrea: I should look for some easy RDA tutorials.   I had some for AACR 2 in the old wiki.
02:40 gmcharlt      ziemore: for your size DB, that's fine
02:39 wizzyrea      like we always say, if someone would tell us what to do with RDA fields, we'd do something with them.
02:39 thd           wizzyrea: Bibframe is a long term issue.  Sufficient support for RDA is well behind many other more important technical issues for Koha.
02:38 ziemore       1GB Memory 1 Core 30GB SSD Disk 2TB Transfer - koha would run good with this spec of VPS?
02:38 wizzyrea      go ahead with your questions if you like
02:38 wizzyrea      ziemore: meeting's over now :) it was short
02:37 ziemore       how to send private message so i would not disturb meeting?
02:37 wizzyrea      at least we agree on that.
02:35 thd           wizzyrea: All roadblocks in Koha are merely technical and consequently economic.
02:35 wizzyrea      only economic ones.
02:34 wizzyrea      afaict there is no bureaucratic roadblock to inclusion or modifying Koha to deal with bibframe.
02:34 thd           wizzyrea: Yes, Koha is not in use at libraries which have to worry about AACR 2 record contributions ending for PCC.
02:32 * wizzyrea    doesn't see libraries lining up to pay for that.
02:31 thd           RDA and Bibframe will eventually eat your Koha if you do not pay more attention ;)
02:30 wizzyrea      imo.
02:30 wizzyrea      ah wikipedia. They were rather swallowed by their own bureaucracy.
02:29 thd           wizzyrea: We are a long way from having the problem which worries maintainers of Wikipedia with declining contributions.
02:29 davidnind_    Something where we can generate some ideas (if we don't have enough already)....
02:29 davidnind_    Maybe for the general meeting have a list of topics for discussion over a peiod of time e.g. promotion, website, statistics, particular features, ebooks...
02:29 wizzyrea      I do worry about it some ;)
02:28 wizzyrea      (more)
02:28 wizzyrea      I would worry about indifference if people weren't submitting patches and the software wasn't improving.
02:28 thd           wizzyrea: I agree, lack of pressing issues for a meeting is great.   However, complacency and indifference may also set in.
02:28 BobB          but also re dcook's comment, there is no reason not to put a strategic question on this agenda now and then
02:28 dcook         Yes, I have missed that, but it sounds good!
02:27 gmcharlt      something that will have an agenda that's less routine, and hopefully more focused
02:27 gmcharlt      dcook: I think you might have missed it, but that's one of the reasons why I'm calling a developer's meeting for later this month
02:27 BobB          that's true, wizzyrea
02:27 dcook         Good point, BobB
02:26 dcook         I still wonder about the usefulness of having some sort of strategic meetings
02:26 BobB          so there is not a lot of significant info shared.  It gets a bit routine then.
02:26 wizzyrea      things are ticking along.
02:26 BobB          I think one of the problems is that people who can give updates are often not at the meeting, RMaints, KohaCon organisers,
02:26 wizzyrea      it's rather encouraging that we don't *need* huge long meetings.
02:25 thd           The other issue is making them of some consequential interest without burdening the agenda for an excessively long meeting.
02:25 dcook         Peer pressure is fun! ^_^
02:25 dcook         gmcharlt++
02:25 talljoy       gmcharlt++
02:25 davidnind_    gmcharlt++
02:25 BobB          thx gmcharlt
02:25 huginn        Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_general_meeting__5_february_2013.2014-02-05-02.04.log.html
02:25 huginn        Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_general_meeting__5_february_2013.2014-02-05-02.04.txt
02:25 huginn        Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2014/koha_general_meeting__5_february_2013.2014-02-05-02.04.html
02:25 huginn        Meeting ended Wed Feb  5 02:25:05 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
02:25 gmcharlt      #endmeeting
02:25 gmcharlt      anyway, sufficient unto the day
02:24 gmcharlt      davidnind++ # clearly the next step involves more ... drastic measures ;)
02:24 dcook         I don't suppose the meetings are all that relevant for most people
02:23 davidnind_    I tried... an email to list on Sunday, tweet about an hour beforehand
02:23 gmcharlt      agreed that we need more active promotion
02:23 BobB          I agree, and I guess we could do more to promote the meetings, to librarians esp.
02:23 dcook         By announcements, I mean reading the topic when I enter the channel
02:22 gmcharlt      another solution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jmdLpsK_k8
02:22 dcook         But I usually assume that it's not that time, so I don't pay too much attention to the announcements
02:22 dcook         This is actually the one time I probably can do for meetings
02:22 thd           Maybe insufficiency of announcement is the more important problem.
02:21 wizzyrea      #info Liz Rea
02:21 BobB          that's a bit fishy, thd
02:21 JDatTeTakere_ This is a great time for NZ but obviously not so good for other parts of the world
02:21 * talljoy     had her days wrong.  sigh.
02:20 talljoy       #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
02:20 thd           Yes, I will propose that we consider not holding meetings when the time is optimal for people who live in the middle of the ocean.
02:20 gmcharlt      #agreed the next community meeting will be held at 18:00 UTC on 5 March 2014
02:20 davidnind_    Not from me
02:20 dcook         #info David Cook, Sydney, Australia
02:20 gmcharlt      but for now, any objections to 5 March 2014 18:00 UTC for the next meeting?
02:19 * dcook       was on the phone
02:19 gmcharlt      thd: I think this question should be brought up again at the next meeting -- it's not productive to hold meetings at times that barely anybody attends
02:18 thd           This hour has always been a difficult time to attract people.   I argued unsuccessfully in the past for choosing times differently.
02:18 gmcharlt      indeed
02:18 davidnind_    The next in the sequence is 18:00 UTC
02:18 gmcharlt      so, 5 March 2014?
02:18 gmcharlt      #topic Set time for next meeting
02:18 gmcharlt      OK, so let's see about the next meeting time
02:18 gmcharlt      good question
02:17 davidnind_    Is this the quickest one yet?
02:17 eythian       I think it's a quiet one this time around :)
02:16 gmcharlt      so ... any other topics that folks wish to bring up before we set a time for the next meeting?
02:16 gmcharlt      looks like there's no update for KohaCon
02:15 thd           Thank you for the clarification.
02:15 gmcharlt      it also makes it easier for the discussion of give issues to be made more public after a fix has been released
02:15 thd           s/supporting/reporting/
02:14 gmcharlt      thd: not with a tracker behind it, though -- using BZ will help sure that more eyes see things, that the security team can apply the normal QA process, and that there's less of a chance for things to slip through the cracks
02:14 thd           Has the change merely been a change in bugzilla as opposed to the previous use of a private email address?
02:13 thd           I had thought that the private supporting of security bugs had been set long ago.
02:13 gmcharlt      anybody around who can give an update on KohaCon14?
02:13 gmcharlt      ok
02:13 BobB          no questions
02:12 gmcharlt      any questions?
02:12 gmcharlt      #link http://koha-community.org/security/
02:12 gmcharlt      #info Bugzilla has been set up to allow security bugs to be reported privately
02:12 gmcharlt      oh, also
02:11 gmcharlt      other than that, there's some largish stuff that's been percolating that I hope will hit Bugzilla by the end of the month as well, for review in time for beta cutoff
02:10 gmcharlt      #info RM's goal for the end of the month is to clear the passed-QA queue
02:10 gmcharlt      #topic Update on 3.16
02:10 gmcharlt      if I'm mistaken and any of the rmaints are around, please speak up
02:10 gmcharlt      OK, at the moment it looks like all of the RMaints are away, so I will skip the rmaints updates
02:08 BobB          #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, sorry I'm late, disconnected
02:08 jcamins       #info jcamins = Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
02:08 gmcharlt      any other announcements?
02:08 gmcharlt      #action gmcharlt will be calling a general developer meeting for some time in February for general planning and plotting, particularly concerning topics like DBIx::Class
02:07 gmcharlt      #topic Announcements
02:07 gmcharlt      proud
02:07 gmcharlt      er,
02:07 gmcharlt      the few, but the pround
02:06 JDatTeTakere_ #info JD (Joanne Dillon), Te Takere, Levin, NZ
02:06 ziemore       thanks for everyone, it was a great help. :)
02:06 jwagner       #info Jane Wagner, PTFS/LibLime
02:06 gmcharlt      ziemore: you're welcome
02:05 davidnind_    #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
02:05 ziemore       ok, thanks for the info. this site is cool.
02:05 eythian       #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, NZ
02:05 thd           #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
02:05 gmcharlt      #info gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, 3.16.x release manager, Equinox Software, Seattle, USA
02:05 wahanui       #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
02:05 gmcharlt      #topic Introductions
02:05 gmcharlt      #info Agenda is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_5_February_2014
02:04 gmcharlt      ziemore: you're fine -- just note that there's a meeting going on now, so attention may be devided for a bit
02:04 huginn        The meeting name has been set to 'koha_general_meeting__5_february_2013'
02:04 huginn        Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
02:04 huginn        Meeting started Wed Feb  5 02:04:24 2014 UTC.  The chair is gmcharlt. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
02:04 gmcharlt      #startmeeting Koha general meeting, 5 February 2013
02:04 ziemore       am i flooding this chat? i dont know how to use "private message" XD
02:04 gmcharlt      #start_meeting Koha general meeting, 5 February 2013
02:04 davidnind_    There is, not me! Agenda is here http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting_5_February_2014
02:03 gmcharlt      ...
02:03 ziemore       just researchers. accessing those catalogs and try to download if there is available file-- just like that
02:02 gmcharlt      who wants to run it?
02:02 gmcharlt      OK, I believe we have a community meeting scheduled for now?
02:01 gmcharlt      for your needs, thiere's little reason to pay for more than that
02:01 gmcharlt      ziemore: one core would be sufficient for that, although two would be nice
02:00 ziemore       for example a maximum of 10 people would access  at the same time.
01:59 eythian       (but, if I guess, probably not.)
01:59 eythian       what does that mean?
01:59 ziemore       i dont need high cores right?
01:58 mtj           try that installation method first :)
01:57 mtj           …thats a good install guide for koha on debian, using .deb packages ^^
01:56 mtj           ziemore, -> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.x_on_Debian_Squeeze
01:56 eythian       yeah, or to a dedicated server or whatever, it's all virtually the same process.
01:55 ziemore       like installing it to my computer?
01:55 eythian       ziemore: they're identical to installing it anywhere else.
01:55 ziemore       is there any guides/docs on how to install koha on vps?
01:54 mtj           ziemore, try out a VPS first i think...
01:54 mtj           no probs :)
01:54 ziemore       it would be a great help
01:53 ziemore       thanks for the link
01:53 ziemore       which is better i get my own server or acquire a VPS?
01:53 mtj           those VPS are pretty good ^^
01:52 mtj           hey ziemore, -> https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing
01:52 gmcharlt      with that few, it would be very hard to go wrong
01:52 ziemore       currently just around 200 books
01:51 gmcharlt      so... how many records do you have?
01:50 gmcharlt      most likely a VPS will do, but depends on the size of the database -- as in, a really large one would need more care in provisioning VMs or hardware
01:48 ziemore       my web hosting company offers both, vps will do?
01:47 ziemore       vps server or dedicated server?
01:46 eythian       it's like having your own server, but a fair bit cheaper.
01:46 eythian       yeah, what wahanui said
01:45 wahanui       VPS is probably Virtual Private Server.
01:45 ziemore       VPS?
01:42 eythian       it depends on what the hosting site lets you do. In general, it can't be installed on a shared hosting site, but if it's a VPS, then you can.
01:40 ziemore       can i install koha on a hosting site? so that others can access it anywhere?
01:40 wizzyrea      go ahead :)
01:39 eythian       wahanui is missing
01:39 eythian       oh
01:39 eythian       ask?
01:39 ziemore       can i ask some questions, i need help about koha
01:38 wizzyrea      er hi
01:38 wizzyrea      hiywas
01:38 ziemore       hi koha-community
01:29 dcook         ebegin: You still about?
01:25 mtj           just curious… :)
01:25 mtj           sorry, a non-french / non-unimarc Koha
01:24 mtj           …especially anyone on a non french/unimarc system
01:22 mtj           does anyone currently use the 'OpacCloud' / build_browser_and_cloud.pl feature, on their Koha?
01:22 mtj           hey #koha...
00:59 pianohacker   aight, I'm out. See you all later.
00:48 pianohacker   It's been a pain point with Rancor
00:48 pianohacker   I'll give Jed a shot. Just trying to find something that can eliminate the requirement to pack all UI code with translatable strings into the templates or use a message catalog...
00:47 pianohacker   right, okay
00:46 gmcharlt      that doesn't mean that that's the form they have to be used, though, as long as the process for converting them after get get out of Pootle is completely mechanical
00:46 gmcharlt      it can get cached, but the main point is that the outgoing strings and the incoming translations have to be PO files to interact with Pootle
00:45 pianohacker   While I can't exactly say I was looking forward to it, I was thinking of modifying the translation scripts
00:44 pianohacker   gmcharlt: Hmm. Would we want to directly feed it the catalog? Even if we have a separate one for JS strings, that's still a decent-sized resource to load
00:43 gmcharlt      since, well -- I don't think we have any choice but to use something that can do that, as splitting apart the ways that translators do their thing strikes me as a non-starter
00:43 gmcharlt      another point in its favor (and something that would be useful for any choice) is that it can handled gettext-based message catalogs
00:42 pianohacker   I like the fact that it doesn't introduce a message id that separates the string from the UI; always thought that made things pretty obtuse (Android UI code, for example)
00:41 pianohacker   gmcharlt: I'm not sure it'll solve all our problems, but I'll definitely take a look at Jed
00:40 ebegin        be back in few minutes
00:38 pianohacker   I'm working on improving JS translation at hackfest, so the translation scripts would pick up and replace the base string
00:38 gmcharlt      in that case, rather than reinventing the i18n wheel, something like http://slexaxton.github.io/Jed/ or https://github.com/recurser/jquery-i18n seems a better bet
00:37 pianohacker   gmcharlt: Yes
00:37 gmcharlt      pianohacker: this would be purely client-side?
00:37 pianohacker   ugh, that's awful
00:36 ebegin        it can not be worst than Select your %s%s%s library %s%s %s %s ;)
00:35 pianohacker   ebegin: I like it. Something of a standard, at least :) Do you think context clues will be enough for translators to know what they are?
00:34 ebegin        http://www.diveintojavascript.com/projects/javascript-sprintf
00:34 ebegin        pianohacker, __("Widget {2} has been updated {1} times", name, count)
00:33 wizzyrea      hi jd
00:30 ebegin        I'm not sure if it was in Koha though, let me check
00:30 ebegin        __("Widget $1 has been updated $2 times", name, count)
00:30 pianohacker   ebegin: where?
00:30 ebegin        pianohacker, I already saw some translation using $1 and $2 as parameters.