Time  Nick         Message
00:01 dcook        morning folks
01:19 mtompset     it works?
01:19 wahanui      For now...
01:19 mtompset     it works?
01:19 wahanui      For now...
01:19 mtompset     it works?
01:19 wahanui      For now...
01:19 mtompset     it works maybe!
01:19 mtompset     it works!
01:19 wahanui      For now...
01:19 mtompset     bah, wahanui, you've become boring. I thought you had some randomness in there.
01:20 mtompset     Greetings, dcook. :)
01:25 * dcook      waves
01:42 wizzyrea     it works!
01:42 wahanui      You should blog about it.
01:42 wizzyrea     totes.
02:38 eythian      mtompset: randomness doesn't mean giving a different response, just that it might give a different response :)
02:48 jcamins      Didn't expect that!
02:48 wahanui      No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
02:48 eythian      http://lwn.net/Articles/568517/ <-- copying images with attribution automatically.
02:52 dcook        Coool
03:36 wizzyrea     that is fantastic
04:20 mtompset     But aren't firefox and other browers dropping plug-in support?
05:16 mtompset     Have a great day, #koha.
05:36 cait         good morning #koha
05:37 dcook        hey ya cait
05:37 cait         hi dcook :)
06:18 cait         dcook: have you seen the hackfest page on hte wiki?
06:20 dcook        Mmm, a little while ago, but not recently
06:22 cait         you should write something there :)
06:22 * cait       is nudging people to fill the website a bit
06:23 dcook        I think I've been nudged enough for one conference :p
06:23 dcook        What's the URL again?
06:23 dcook        hackfest?
06:23 wahanui      hackfest is, like, awesome! Group motivated koha hacking is the best koha hacking :)
06:24 dcook        http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon13/Hackfest
06:24 dcook        Hmm
06:26 dcook        I don't know if I have any ideas for tutorials or group work, but maybe some discussion
06:29 reiveune     hello
06:29 wahanui      hi, reiveune
06:35 dcook        Idea for discussion added, cait :p
06:35 cait         thx :)
06:35 cait         hackfest is also http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon13/Hackfest
06:35 wahanui      okay, cait.
06:36 cait         dcook: looks like you intend to open the can or worms
06:36 dcook        Oh?
06:37 dcook        It's just an idea ;)
06:42 cait         yep valid one too
06:42 cait         i was just thinking
06:43 cait         maybe we should ask the libraries what they like least and like best about Koha and take that into the hackfest with us
06:44 Oak          we should that from experienced Koha users here as well.
06:45 magnuse      cait++
06:45 * magnuse    waves
06:45 * cait       waves
06:45 * magnuse    waves back
06:45 cait         something like the most annoying bug or missing enhancement
06:47 Oak          yes, find the most annoying bug that most of present here name, then on the hackfest, you guys will get the once a year chance of being physicaly present in the same room... and then you kill that bug
06:47 Oak          high five
06:47 Oak          never mind
06:47 wahanui      Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't understand, and probably never will, being a bot.
06:49 cait         kill the bug!
06:49 cait         have to run :) bbiab
06:52 dcook        It's not a bad idea, Oak, although it might be tough to get everyone's opinion
06:52 dcook        I imagine that's the problem with my discussion idea as well. There will never be a time when every (regular) contributor is in the same room
06:56 dcook        Item-level facets :@
06:56 * dcook      waves to magnuse in a not angry way but goes back to glaring at facets
06:56 * dcook      also waves to sophie_m in a non-angry way :)
06:57 sophie_m     hello dcook :-)
06:57 sophie_m     why should you be angry ?
06:57 * magnuse    waves pacifyingly to dcook
06:58 sophie_m     hi magnuse
06:59 dcook        They don't work very well :/
06:59 magnuse      bonjour sophie_m
06:59 dcook        For instance, if you look for Item Type A and Branch B, you'll get results for bib records that may or may not contain items that have Item Type A at Branch B
06:59 magnuse      @wunder boo
06:59 huginn       magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 3.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on September 27, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
07:00 magnuse      @wunder marseille
07:00 huginn       magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 20.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on September 27, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
07:00 dcook        Because even though branch and item type are technically item-level, they're indexed at the bib-level...
07:00 magnuse      hm, is marseille stuck on 20?
07:00 dcook        @wunder syd
07:00 huginn       dcook: The current temperature in Bardwell Park, Sydney, New South Wales is 20.0°C (5:00 PM EST on September 27, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
07:00 magnuse      dcook: ooh, that sounds like a can of fun!
07:00 * dcook      wonders why magnuse and cait are both talking about cans today :p
07:00 dcook        Yeah...fun times :/
07:01 dcook        Not a difficult explanation per se but not a fun one
07:02 dcook        I think I might have just realized how DOM indexing might fix it though..
07:02 dcook        Or could fix it
07:02 dcook        Mmm, actually, maybe not
07:02 sophie_m     yep magnuse and 25° during the day
07:02 magnuse      it's can day!
07:03 magnuse      or cannes day, if you are in the south of france
07:03 sophie_m     :-)
07:03 magnuse      oh, and "can day" is short for "can do day", of course
07:05 dcook        I wish I can do a fix for search :p
07:06 magnuse      give all your money to jcamins? ;-)
07:07 dcook        hehe
07:07 dcook        money, time, and energy :p
07:07 dcook        He's only one man
07:07 dcook        An amazing man, but still only one
07:10 magnuse      :-)
07:13 kf           good morning again :)
07:13 magnuse      kia ora kf
07:13 kf           kia ora magnuse
07:16 kf           dcook: seems you understand now? about item level facetting?
07:19 dcook        Just the problem
07:19 dcook        Not the solution
07:20 dcook        You and Jared explained the problem a while ago though :)
07:20 kf           dcook: yeah but it seems i failed to explain how dom could fix it :)
07:20 dcook        I don't know how item level facetting could ever work as expected :S
07:20 dcook        Ah, yes, there is that :p
07:21 dcook        I assume that it would mean the introduction of more indexes?
07:21 dcook        No, that wouldn't work either..
07:22 dcook        Items dissolve into the bib record when indexing
07:23 dcook        The only way I can imagine this problem going away is if the items were able to keep their integrity
07:24 dcook        Anyway, I should probably get going
07:25 dcook        I should already be on my way to the gym!
07:25 dcook        No beer o'clock for this guy...
07:25 kf           sec
07:25 dcook        sec?
07:27 * dcook      waits?
07:28 kf           I think the trick is to have an index where the different infromation is indexed together ... in one term?
07:28 dcook        Hmm...now that I think about it...maybe that could work
07:28 dcook        Maybe
07:29 dcook        But you could still run into problems, I would think
07:29 dcook        Instead of having itemtype indexes, you could just have item indexes, and then search those I guess..
07:29 dcook        But I don't know how that would work either
07:30 dcook        It would probably work for single facet searches (but the current indexing does too)
07:30 kf           i think it would be an additional index probably
07:30 kf           well you would construct something like item:branch location as a search term
07:31 kf           so it would require a bit of new logic for the facets to change the links according to what you searched before
07:31 kf           it's doable, but not easy i guess
07:31 dcook        Mmm, I think I getcha now
07:31 dcook        so item: branch location
07:31 dcook        item: branch itemtype
07:31 dcook        Like that?
07:31 kf           yeah
07:31 dcook        Yeah, if the logic was there, I could see that working
07:31 kf           maybe need to add a prefix not sure, to avoid colliosions
07:31 dcook        We'd need a lot of extra indexes though
07:32 kf           item: branchsomething locationsomething ...
07:32 kf           hm that would only be one I think?
07:32 dcook        Basically, we'd need an index for every permutation
07:32 samueld      hi everybody
07:32 kf           dcook: hm i don't think so
07:32 dcook        Ah, I see what you mean by prefix now
07:32 dcook        Hmm
07:32 kf           it's like a title search
07:32 kf           not phrase where the sequence would matter
07:33 dcook        You mean word search?
07:33 kf           guess so
07:33 dcook        Ok...I get what you're saying now
07:33 kf           was not sure about the correct term
07:33 dcook        It might be string search
07:33 dcook        I can't remember the correct term either
07:34 kf           at least we understoood each other :)
07:34 dcook        I know there is title:w, title:p, and title:s
07:34 dcook        Can't remember the difference between w and s
07:34 magnuse      just search, as opposed to "prhrase search"?
07:36 dcook        Hmm, apparently Zebra does facets as well..
07:36 dcook        http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/special-retrieval.html#special-retrieval-types
07:36 dcook        I think Jared mentioned that once
07:36 kf           yes it does
07:36 kf           i think someone said there was a problem with utf8 data there, but not sure it's still a problem
07:36 kf           it's been a long while since
07:37 dcook        http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/character-map-files.html
07:39 dcook        Wait, that's the one I want apparently... http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/querymodel-zebra.html#querymodel-pqf-apt-mapping
07:39 dcook        Hmm, I'm not sure
07:39 dcook        But I really need to run :(
07:40 kf           cya tomorrow :)
07:40 kf           and have anice evening!
07:40 dcook        Hope not. My saturday is tomorrow ;)
07:40 dcook        thanks :)
07:40 dcook        Have a good day and a good weekend!
08:20 kf           @wunder Konstanz
08:20 huginn       kf: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 16.0°C (10:00 AM CEST on September 27, 2013). Conditions: Light Fog. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.99 in 1015 hPa (Rising).
09:03 kivilahtio__ does this script still exists? misc/maintenance/sync_items_in_marc_bib.pl
09:03 kivilahtio__ I would like to migrate holdings to Koha directly to the items table
09:15 kf           kivilahtio__: not sure, we have never used it
09:15 kf           but it shoudl not be necessary i think
09:15 kf           you fill the items table directly, then you do a full reindex
09:15 sophie_m     kivilahtio__: this script was used to synchronised marc in biblioitems with items data. As biblioitems doesn't contains items info anymore, it is deprecated
09:15 kf           in ealrier times item information was also held in the marcxml and marc fields in the database, so that needed to be synched
09:15 kf           what sophie_m says :)
09:15 kivilahtio__ ok
09:16 kivilahtio__ so I just run the reindexZebra.pl?
09:16 kf           important is the full reindex
09:16 kivilahtio__ rebuild_zebra.pl
09:16 kf           after you have changed the item data yes
09:16 kivilahtio__ rok on!
09:17 kivilahtio__ thanks!
09:17 kivilahtio__ I can get into migrating our data
09:17 kivilahtio__ I hope I can do it during the weekend. We are having a Evergreen vs Koha final meeting next monday
09:18 kivilahtio__ just extended the UseBranchTransferLimits to limit holds as well. Took me 4h! Yay! That was one thing that COULD NEVER be done with Koha :D
09:18 kf           ah
09:18 kf           hope your meeting goes well
09:19 kivilahtio__ kf: However it goes, I am sure it will turn out ok for me, atleast ;)
10:04 magnuse      kivilahtio__: hope you make the right decision, then :-)
10:26 kivilahtio__ magnuse: thanks magnuse for caring!
12:21 oleonard     Hi #koha
12:24 magnuse      kia ora oleonard
12:31 kf           hi oleonard :)
12:54 druthb       kf!
12:54 magnuse      druthb!
12:54 wahanui      Well, she finally snapped, like we all knew she would.
12:54 kf           druthb!
12:54 magnuse      kf!
13:08 tcohen       morning #koha
13:09 ebegin       Hi there ! I remember having seen a list of domain name vs company name in order to get the company credited for a commit. Anybody can point me where this is ?
13:12 magnuse      ebegin: this? http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=.mailmap;hb=HEAD
13:13 jcamins      I don't recall seeing anything like that in Koha.
13:14 magnuse      i think maybe rangi has one that he uses when he runs the statistics?
13:14 jcamins      I used this as RM: http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=release-tools.git;a=blob;f=gitdm/domain-map;h=79318c7b1bd64033f743f4fa9b2ad54286f7e831;hb=HEAD
13:14 jcamins      But I think rangi has his own.
13:14 ebegin       jcamins, that's it !
13:15 ebegin       Thanks ! We will add inLibro since we are planning to do much more check ins
13:16 ebegin       jcamins,++
13:16 ebegin       jcamins++
13:17 ebegin       magnuse was close though, and I think we will add entries in there too
13:17 jcamins      ebegin: you only need to add to the mailmap if you don't set your git environments up consistently.
13:20 ebegin       jcamins, does git have a kind of 'Organization' setting ?
13:22 kf           jcamins: i think there is a mailmap file somewhere in koha... but not sure
13:22 jcamins      ebegin: no.
13:22 jcamins      kf: yeah, magnuse provided a link earlier.
13:22 kf           oh right...s crolling sown
13:22 kf           down
13:22 kf           sorry :)
13:22 tcohen       .mailmap
13:23 blou         Holà #koha
13:23 kf           hi blou
13:23 blou         Question about installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl
13:24 tcohen       ebegin: put a file ~/.gitmessage.txt
13:24 tcohen       with a single line: Sponsored-by: inLibro
13:24 blou         How do we modify this for a patch?  It doesn't seem right hardcode a db version in it (ex:
13:25 kf           tcohen: i think inLibro is the company, so maybe better doing it with the mailmap
13:25 kf           blou: you create a new entry
13:25 kf           and set the version there to 3.13.00.XXX
13:25 tcohen       database updates?
13:25 kf           the RM will add the number when it goes in
13:25 ebegin       tcohen, cool trick !
13:26 magnuse      blou: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Database_updates
13:26 tcohen       wahanui: database updates is http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Database_updates
13:26 wahanui      OK, tcohen.
13:26 blou         kf: ha!  Excellent!  Thanks a lot!
13:26 blou         magnuse: thanks!!
13:27 magnuse      my pleasure!
13:27 blou         i need to learn to abuse those little bots
13:27 tcohen       kf: as UNC's employee should i stop pasting patches with "Sponsored-by" line then?
13:28 kf           tcohen: hm no I don'tthink so., because you are working for a library and doing features for it...
13:28 jcamins      Sponsored-by and the gitdm file are two different things.
13:28 magnuse      hm, the database updates page says "Now that bug 7167 has been pushed..." wasn't that pulled out again?
13:28 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7167 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , updatedatabase improvements
13:28 kf           tcohen: so employer and library are the same :)
13:29 jcamins      inLibro is probably not sponsoring many of its developments.
13:29 tcohen       yeah, but it seems that because of the sponsored-by line UNC always appears in a weird place
13:29 tcohen       on the release notes
13:29 kf           maybe addtionally add to the mailmap?
13:29 kf           i think the spnsored by shows up as sponsoring institutions and libraries or something like that
13:30 ebegin       jcamins, we sponsored a lot of them actually :-)
13:30 jcamins      The Sponsored-by and mailmap show in different places.
13:30 kf           ebegin: I think mailmap would be the first thing to change - so you go in the stats with a good name -.the sponsored by just adds to a list in the rlease notes :)
13:30 tcohen       kf: i think i'll check the get-bugs script
13:30 jcamins      ebegin: in that case, for some you could have both sponsored-by and non-sponsored by.
13:31 kf           get-bugs?
13:31 kf           sorry, it's friday, i am consued
13:31 kf           easy to confuse and can't type apparently
13:31 tcohen       kf: the script that generates the release notes, sorry
13:31 jcamins      Though my feeling is that it doesn't make sense for vendors to use Sponsored-by, even if they did sponsor the development.
13:31 jcamins      It misses the point of that enhancement to the release notes, which was to highlight *users* that were sponsoring development.
13:32 kf           jcamins: same feeling here somehow... but I don't think we have written it down somewhere. I think the initial idea of the sponsored-by was to have  way to mention the libraries spnsoring?
13:32 tcohen       Lyon and Rennes always appear as companies for example
13:32 ebegin       jcamins, I see. In case where the dev is not sponsored, we wont put Sponsored-by
13:32 mtompset     Greetings, #koha.
13:32 magnuse      but Lyon and Rennes do their own development? or not?
13:32 magnuse      hiya mtompset
13:33 mtompset     Greetings, magnuse. :)
13:33 kf           tcohen: hm i think they have been sending patches and are also biblibre customers, so might have sponsored something
13:33 mtompset     Greetings, kf. :)
13:33 jcamins      kf: yeah, I added Sponsored-by for that reason.
13:34 jcamins      And as the end users, I have no problem with Lyons and Rennes listed in sponsored-by.
13:34 ebegin       tcohen, the .gitmessage.txt is a template and is can be edited at commit time, right ?
13:34 kf           ah end users
13:34 kf           that's good
13:34 kf           to differentiate
13:34 tcohen       ebegin: exactly
13:35 tcohen       jcamins: how should i list UNC in the release notes ?
13:35 kf           i think you are really both
13:35 kf           end user and developer
13:36 tcohen       we have "companies" and "libraries" (users)
13:36 tcohen       oh, and "individuals"
13:37 jcamins      tcohen: UNC should be listed in both companies and libraries.
13:37 tcohen       not that i care too much about this, just clarifying
13:37 jcamins      Though companies should maybe renamed "organizations."
13:37 tcohen       +1
13:37 kf           the qotd feature seems a bit fragile
13:38 kf           jcamins: true
13:39 kf           grr.
13:39 kf           i have no idea why it doesn't show!
13:39 kf           [off] https://hshl.bsz-bw.de/
13:42 magnuse      kf: simple questions first: did you enable the feature?
13:43 jeff         HP apparently region-locks their inkjet printer cartridges.
13:43 jeff         that just seems... wow.
13:43 kf           magnuse: yup
13:44 jeff         didn't actually mean to go into that here, but now that i think about it #koha seems almost an appropriate place.
13:44 * jcamins    heads into the city.
13:46 kf           magnuse: and i turned it on and off again to make sure
13:46 magnuse      kf: no clue then, i'm afraid
13:46 kf           hmpf
13:46 kf           but thx ;)
13:46 kf           oh
13:46 kf           could someone do me a tiny favour and check if it shows on master?
13:46 kf           we recently updated this instllation to the latest 3.12.x
13:48 kf           when there was only 1 quote it worked
13:48 kf           now the library added more and they look perfect and it stopped showing
13:54 magnuse      kf: alas, no time for testing, but if you want to test on http://head.bibkat.no:8080/ you can log in as demo/demo
13:54 kf           i thik i will postpone it to monday
13:58 kivilahtio__ phew got the Bibs and Items in DB
13:59 kivilahtio__ not production ready but still. gg
13:59 kivilahtio__ just wanted to tell someone ! :)
14:00 magnuse      kivilahtio__: yay!
14:14 * magnuse    calls it a week - happy pizza day #koha!
14:14 kivilahtio__ happy weekend magnuse!
14:16 tcohen       pizza for magnuse!
14:16 magnuse      w00t!
14:18 kivilahtio__ have you thought about rewriting Koha with a real object oriented language? Like Java? Which actually forces many good design practices?
14:19 kivilahtio__ I'm sure you have but just asking if someone has a opinion
14:20 kivilahtio__ Not looking for a friday night firefight regarding the issue tho ;)
14:28 kf           kivilahtio__: i think you can write bad code in any language
14:28 mtompset     Thanks for the correction, kf. :)
14:29 kf           i think most people would have known waht you meant, but since blou is new, i wanted to save him headache :)
14:37 kivilahtio__ kf: so true :) Just noticed some polymorphism in C4::Circulation::AddIssue and was wondering how easily these could be maintained using object inheritance.
14:43 mtompset     Are you referring to the type checking for the date, kivilahtio__?
14:43 kivilahtio__ mtompset: =item C<$borrower> is a hash with borrower informations (from GetMember or GetMemberDetails).
14:44 kivilahtio__ mtompset: could this maybe be resolved usig a PAtron-object?
14:45 kivilahtio__ mtompset: not complaining, I feel things are pretty straightforward here, but I think there would be benefit in defining object for databse types.
14:46 mtompset     Perhaps it is a matter of having some base data, and any thing extra is irrelevant. In which case doing the object thing is pointless.
14:47 mtompset     if there was different processing based on different information content, then perhaps going the object route would make sense.
14:48 mtompset     Haven't looked, so I can't properly comment. :)
14:48 kivilahtio__ mtompset: prolly, I am not a Koha specialist
15:03 jcamins      kivilahtio__: people suggest rewriting Koha in a different language about once every two months.
15:04 jcamins      Maybe three.
15:06 rambutan     I think Koha should be rewritten in Ada.
15:06 rambutan     There, now we're good for two or three months.
15:06 reiveune     byec
15:07 rambutan     But just a few minutes ago I was checking to see the state of Prolog on Linux, so that's on my mind for next quarter.
15:14 gmcharlt     oleonard: could you look at my last comment on bug 10836?
15:14 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , New layout for placing holds in the OPAC
15:29 blou         kf, mtompset, oleaonard: When modifying kohastructure.sql, do I need to do the Pg version as well? (Bug 8753?)
15:29 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8753 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Failed QA , Add forgot password link to OPAC
15:30 blou         Yeah!
15:30 mtompset     blou: Considering the Pg version is newer, I don't know.
15:30 mtompset     Good question though. :)
15:30 jcamins      Not at present. And the Pg version is much older.
15:31 blou         well, file is bigger :)
15:31 mtompset     okay, guess I never noticed it before then. :P
15:31 jcamins      Also, that patch should not require a change to kohastructure.sql. Just sysprefs.sql.
15:34 blou         I did not code the change, I'm the commiter :)  But it uses a new table to store the unique id sent to the user in email, for future validation
15:36 jcamins      blou: ah, then yes, kohastructure change.
15:36 blou         I'll add more comments on that in the commit/patch.
15:36 jcamins      There was a different bug that just added a syspref.
15:37 blou         I'm running 3 in parallels, to confuse reviewers, but mostly just to confuse myself
15:38 jcamins      Hehe. Looks like you're succeeding.
15:42 blou         got to be good at something
15:48 oleonard     Yes, gmcharlt. Sorry, I was afk.
15:48 gmcharlt     oleonard: I've since started working on a follow-up patch -- I'll want extra eyes on it, so will be attaching it soon
15:48 * oleonard   just walked an MLS student through the process of installing Koha
15:48 gmcharlt     oleonard++
15:54 sophie_m     I can't find v3.10.08 release notes on koha-community.org
15:55 sophie_m     Someone ot help me ?
16:00 gmcharlt     oleonard: I've attached my follow-up
16:00 oleonard     Thanks gmcharlt, I'll test it today
16:03 oleonard     It's strange sophie_m, I can find the announcements for 3.10.7 and 3.10.9 but not 3.10.8
16:03 gmcharlt     sophie_m: it looks like they weren't posted to the website.  However, you can find a copy here - http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=misc/release_notes/release_notes_3_10_8.txt;h=bae0d81ca8e27cc325ad782f1ea0d8569a0be522;hb=refs/heads/3.10.x
16:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #123 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:30 huginn       New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9299: fix LDAP login breakage when ExtendedPatronAttributes is on <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=4d75243e27cab93cd84ee6bbfd71362326569c21>
16:37 oleonard     gmcharlt: If you don't mind I'm going to throw a couple of really  minor display-related markup changes in with my signoff
16:37 gmcharlt     oleonard: fine with me
16:45 oleonard     So the good news is I figured out why collection codes were showing up in my item type search facets. The bad news is we have 84,000 MARC records with the bad data that causes the problem
16:50 huginn       New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10836: (follow-up) improve display toggles on the OPAC hold request form <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=e9c77aaf3acbcf1a2d2d4e492673fe2739685b5d> / Bug 10836 - New layout for placing holds in the OPAC <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=74553d7fef8ebd6059915478bf978596f620a975>
16:57 khall        Just an FYI, if your Koha database has biblios where the biblionumber doesn't equal the biblioitemnumber, DO NOT run misc/batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl, or you'll end up with deleted biblioitem rows! http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10961
16:57 huginn       04Bug 10961: critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Error in GetMarcBiblio can cause severe data loss
17:10 huginn       New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10901: (follow-up) add space between 'Edit in host' and 'Delink' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=7e3f8e0838584a89f3fbdce8e956880de8556d7a> / Bug 10901: (follow-up) make the withdrawn column sortable <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=eec049492fe52d546f3fdef96e3257aee3292464> / Bug 10901: Add datatables to the add item page <http://git.koha-community.org/gitw
17:14 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #123: SUCCESS in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/master_maria/123/
17:14 jenkins_koha Srdjan: Bug 9299: fix LDAP login breakage when ExtendedPatronAttributes is on
17:14 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=9299 major, P3, ---, nunyo, Pushed to Master , for loop in Auth_with_ldap.pm requires an extended patron attribute to be set or LDAP logins fail
17:14 jenkins_koha Starting build #124 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:21 sophie_m     gmcharlt: thanks but I wanted to give the link to a librarian
17:22 sophie_m     thanks gmcharlt and oleonard
17:22 gmcharlt     well, the text is the same
17:24 gmcharlt     khall: I've added comments to 10961; upshot, I think another part of the solution is removing batchRebuildBiblioTables.pl
17:27 khall        gmcharlt: you are correct in your points made, but won't touch_all_biblios.pl suffer from this same bug, since the bug is in GetMarcBiblio which touch_all_biblios also uses?
17:28 gmcharlt     khall: no, because ModBiblio() does the Right Thing and looks up the biblioitemnumber directly
17:29 khall        Ah, I see. Thanks!
17:29 gmcharlt     IOW, it doesn't go by whatever is embedded in the MARC record
17:57 cait         hm hail storm?
17:57 cait         @wunder Konstanz
17:57 huginn       cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 17.3°C (7:55 PM CEST on September 27, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
17:58 cait         not quite right huginn
17:58 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #124: SUCCESS in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/master_maria/124/
17:58 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 10836 - New layout for placing holds in the OPAC
17:58 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10836: (follow-up) improve display toggles on the OPAC hold request form
17:58 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10901: Add datatables to the add item page
17:58 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10901: (follow-up) make the withdrawn column sortable
17:58 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , New layout for placing holds in the OPAC
17:58 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10901: (follow-up) add space between 'Edit in host' and 'Delink'
17:58 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10901 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Filters is needed on the add item page
18:02 gmcharlt     oops
18:02 * gmcharlt   just gave his test VM a case of indigestion by reproducing the load issue eythian wrote about yesterday
18:03 jcamins      Well done!
18:03 jcamins      What causes it?
18:04 gmcharlt     not sure yet if it matches his situation precisely -- need to wait for the VM to calm down -- but if you enter a patron search and never release the enter key, madness ensues
18:04 jcamins      There was a patch for that.
18:05 jcamins      Let me see if I can find it.
18:06 jcamins      Oh, no, it was _saving_ patrons that it was fixed for.
18:10 oleonard     I can't believe our copy of The best book of MS-DOS 5 is still checked out
18:10 cait         lol
18:11 jcamins      oleonard: great book!
18:23 tcohen       LOL
18:36 mtompset     Hey, there are some still useful tips, I'm sure for those who want to go old school on the command line.
18:38 cait         did someone rewrite Koha in Java while i slept? :)
18:39 jeff         cait: the magic of timezones!
18:39 jcamins      cait: we were going to, until someone decided to use .bat files instead.
18:39 cait         :)
18:40 tcohen       http://sourceforge.net/projects/jkoha/
18:42 mtompset     Oh my evilness!
18:44 cait         the last update worries me some :)
18:45 cait         ah but not really code there
18:46 mtompset     http://jkoha.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jkoha/
18:46 mtompset     There is code.
18:46 mtompset     But you have to hunt for it.
18:47 mtompset     What would cause javascript to fail?
18:47 cait         mtompset: well i only see initial commits
18:47 tcohen       its just a bunch of stub classes
18:47 cait         from what looks like general configuration stuff
18:48 jcamins      Syntax error, incorrect logic, missing dependencies, lack of execution... any number of things.
18:48 cait         jcamins: ?
18:48 mtompset     okay... this upload plug in I'm testing for bug 6874...
18:48 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , File upload in MARC
18:48 jcamins      cait: reasons why JS fails.
18:48 mtompset     there it pops up the window and you select a file to upload... it uploads... and changes the 856$u to a URL.
18:49 mtompset     great for when you do it right.
18:49 mtompset     Now... you click the plugin icon again... and it asks about deleting the one you just uploaded.
18:49 mtompset     no problem there...
18:49 mtompset     But if you tell it to delete it... the 856$u URL isn't cleared.
18:49 mtompset     but the code is the same as the code that filled in the URL in the first place.
18:50 cait         jcamins: ah. :)
18:50 tcohen       upload a patron image, press Esc in the middle of the process, upload a patron image
18:50 jcamins      Sounds like it failed QA.
18:50 cait         agreed
18:51 mtompset     tcohen: Does that do a similarly bizarre thing too?
18:51 tcohen       not sure, but bizarre
18:52 jcamins      tcohen: are you using FF?
18:55 mtompset     AH! Found the error.
18:56 tcohen       jcamins: sorry, made a silly mistake: it was on frameworks import not patron images
18:57 jcamins      tcohen: FF has an interesting feature... hitting the escape key cancels all outstanding network connections.
18:59 tcohen       interesting jcamins
19:01 mtompset     Silly [% themelang %] vs. [% interface %] problem in the template files.
19:04 mtompset     Interesting, Fartkontroll means Speed Trap in Swedish.
19:04 tcohen       http://kiriakakis.net/comics/mused/a-day-at-the-park
19:17 tcohen       jcamins: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=614304
19:17 huginn       04Bug 614304: was not found.
19:17 tcohen       we will eventually reach that number huginn
19:19 tcohen       on chrome it never recovers / acknowledges upload finished
19:21 tcohen       ok, have a nice weekend #koha
19:33 cait         hm seems everyone is leaving
19:36 Dyrcona      seams everyone is splitting....
19:36 cait         hm that does sound painful
19:37 cait         ah glad to see that ldap patch finally going in
19:38 * oleonard   is cruelly forced to work on non-Koha activities
19:39 cait         eek
19:39 cait         for how much longer?
19:39 oleonard     Possibly hours!!
19:40 cait         oh god
19:40 * cait       sends cookies
19:40 cait         how bad is it? drupal?
19:40 oleonard     Not that bad ;)
19:40 cait         :)
19:40 * jcamins    shudders.
19:42 oleonard     This would make you shudder jcamins, it's my home-grown staff intranet written in years of spaghetti PHP code
19:42 pianohacker  php--
19:42 oleonard     php++
19:42 oleonard     :P
19:42 * jcamins    shudders again.
19:42 pianohacker  xquery++
19:42 cait         koha++
19:42 pianohacker  xslt--
19:42 pianohacker  koha++
19:42 cait         pianohacker: still waiting for a rebase from you !
19:43 cait         as you have made the mistake to show up :)
19:43 pianohacker  Have I been under a rock, though? I never knew that xquery existed, it's like xslt but with a good syntax
19:43 pianohacker  cait: on bug 10486 or bug 8133?
19:43 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Patch doesn't apply , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
19:43 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8133 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , hourly loans doesn't know when library closed
19:43 jcamins      pianohacker: I've only seen xquery used in one project.
19:44 pianohacker  Fair enough. I might start looking at advocating a Koha switch to it (with my volunteered time to move the existing stylesheets)
19:44 cait         the first one more than the latter
19:44 jcamins      Not that I remember where I saw it.
19:45 pianohacker  cait: gotcha. I've been delaying integrating the five quadrillion changes made to 10320 into 10486, but it will happen soonish :)
19:45 cait         there is a deadline quite soon..
19:45 cait         but 10320
19:45 cait         bug 10320
19:45 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10320 enhancement, P4, ---, jweaver, Pushed to Master , Show results from library's OverDrive collection in OPAC search
19:45 cait         ah
19:46 pianohacker  10486 used some of the same code, due to foolish optimism on my part
19:46 jcamins      I had looked at using XQuery for Biblionarrator, but ultimately concluded that I couldn't see much of a benefit to it.
19:47 pianohacker  It's equivalent functionally, in truth. Just, again, much nicer syntax imo
19:47 jcamins      Oh, definitely much nicer than XSLT, which I ruled out as well.
19:48 pianohacker  ah, okay. What did you end up using (and for what part of biblionarrator, actually?)
19:48 jcamins      Record display.
19:48 jcamins      Handlebars, primarily.
19:48 jcamins      Well, for non-self-describing formats, anyway.
19:48 pianohacker  right
19:48 jcamins      For self-describing formats, it's just a matter of walking the record and printing everything out as HTML.
19:51 jcamins      [off] Super-simple MARC21 template: https://github.com/biblionarrator/biblionarrator/blob/master/src/node_modules/bn-schema-isbd/templates/marc21.handlebars and record rendered with it: http://umich.biblionarrator.com/record/5475192
19:53 pianohacker  [off] jcamins: I'm guessing #field runs its contents for every matching field? interesting
19:54 jcamins      Yeah, https://github.com/biblionarrator/biblionarrator/blob/master/src/lib/environment/renderer.js#L23
19:56 oleonard     Is there anyone out there who is making even halfway-decent arguments that RDA is a good thing?
19:56 jcamins      oleonard: no.
19:57 jcamins      Well, not arguments that get anywhere near convincing me.
19:57 oleonard     Seems like it would be easier if I could just drink the RDA kool-aid and get it over with.
19:58 oleonard     "Just lie back and think of FRBR"
19:58 jcamins      lol
19:59 jcamins      You'd think that the RDA kool-aid would at least be sweetened.
19:59 jcamins      But no. Unsweetened kool-aid.
20:00 oleonard     It's particularly galling that the RDA Toolkit costs hundreds of dollars a year to access
20:00 jcamins      Yeah. "We're all about inclusiveness and open access... NOW PAY US LOTS OF MONEY!"
20:04 oleonard     Lucky for us the overarching rule of RDA seems to be, "You know, do, like, whatever you want."
20:05 jcamins      I need to get little bags of M&Ms to A) make M&M cookies and B) give to trick-or-treaters.
20:05 oleonard     At the end of September? Both will be gone by the time the trick-or-treaters arrive
20:06 jcamins      The M&M cookies are for next week.
20:06 jcamins      You may have a point on the M&Ms saved for trick-or-treaters.
20:07 cait         mmh M&Ms
20:08 * cait       wants chocolate
20:12 * cait       switches to qa
20:13 * oleonard   switches to weekend
20:13 oleonard     Bye #koha
20:13 cait         bye oleonard :)
20:13 cait         have a nice one
20:15 cait         blou++
20:52 cait         @later tell eythian could you maybe take a look at bug 10733?
20:52 huginn       cait: The operation succeeded.
20:57 cait         fredericd++
20:57 cait         fixing the annoyingly broken translated list email :)
21:25 cait         gmcharlt: around?
21:26 gmcharlt     cait: yes
21:26 cait         I have a question about bug 10956
21:26 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10956 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Series of OPAC searches can cause a browser crash
21:26 cait         hm wrong
21:26 cait         bug 10949
21:26 huginn       04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=10949 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , hold request not retrieved when printing hold slip
21:26 cait         it seems i can't reproduce the problem on master
21:26 gmcharlt     the slip prints fine for you?
21:26 cait         yes
21:27 cait         hm it was an item level hold
21:27 cait         should it make a difference?
21:27 * cait       tries title level
21:28 cait         no difference, my template is ugly, but there is a reserve slip
21:29 gmcharlt     cait: it could /appear/ to work if the borrowernumber of the patron in question is the same as the reserve_id of a row in the reserves table
21:29 cait         interesting
21:29 wahanui      well, interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
21:29 gmcharlt     is it the _right_ hold request? :)
21:29 cait         let me see
21:29 cait         and it is not
21:29 cait         :)
21:29 cait         tricky!
21:29 gmcharlt     indeed
21:29 cait         will leave a note to that in my testing notes
21:29 cait         thx!
21:29 gmcharlt     great!
21:29 gmcharlt     and thank you!
21:30 * gmcharlt   is just glad that your test patron and test hold didn't happen to have the same ID number ;)
21:31 cait         :)
21:31 cait         yes, but we would still have figured it out eventually
21:34 cait         gmcharlt: you pass QA :)
21:34 cait         well your patch does :)
21:34 gmcharlt     eek -- I'm not sure I could bear if I personally failed QA! ;)
21:35 cait         I think you are not in danger to :)
21:52 cait         good night #koha :)