Time  Nick           Message
00:42 wajasu         i'm testing bug 8702
00:42 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8702 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , System preferences search does not allow accented letters
00:43 wajasu         now i am trying to verify, so prepatch, i cataloged a record with  Jürgen  in the author,   and ren zebrasrv -v all  to see what its doing.
00:44 jcamins        wajasu: bug 8702 has nothing to do with Zebra.
00:45 wajasu         you are right its prefs.  i'm braindead
00:57 wajasu         prepatch i added Jürgen to a couple of places in syspref value fields.  i search for it and don't get anything matching, but an info message that has a missing ü ( Jrgen ).  i patch and i still don't match to anything. but i do get the full "Jürgen" in the info message.
00:57 wajasu         so its not eating the data in the form.  but the search/query might be suspect.
00:58 wajasu         if it queries mysql db fields directly, maybe we need to NFC normalize the string to match.
00:59 mtompset       Greetings, #koha.
00:59 wajasu         hi
00:59 mtompset       Greetings wajasu. Hope you didn't mind your nick being used in a bug report. :)
01:00 wajasu         naw, its all over the place for signoffs
01:00 mtompset       bug 8780
01:00 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8780 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Lower dependency version for DateTime::TimeZone
01:01 wajasu         i could signoff.   i've been downgrading and running with 1.20 since june.  :)
01:02 mtompset       "Given that Colin says it should be okay to lower it to 1.20, and that Wajasu has purposefully tweaked his out since June (almost 3 months), I propose we lower the minimum value to 1.20 from 1.26. This will make git installs under Debian attainable."
01:02 mtompset       I noted that in the bug report.
01:03 wajasu         i'll signoff in a few minutes.  after what i'm working on.   bug 8702
01:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8702 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , System preferences search does not allow accented letters
01:04 mtompset       I wonder if it is related to the fact that libtext-unaccented-perl was not listed in debian.packages
01:05 wajasu         i've been doing debian installs all day for tcohens patch, and i added libtext-unaccented-perl in my VM script. (installing koha-common wanted it)
01:06 mtompset       bug 8784
01:06 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8784 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Missing files in debian.packages list
01:06 wajasu         its not related.  this has to do with a regex that strips chars at input.
01:07 mtompset       Ah.
01:12 wajasu         maybe you can help me understand id i can pass this patch.  see what i irc'ed just before you logged on http://irc.koha-community.org/irclog/koha/2012-09-19#i_1081185
01:12 mtompset       Oh, I was just noticing line 298 on that patch for bug 8702... is it possible to trigger a search without searchfield being set?
01:12 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8702 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , System preferences search does not allow accented letters
01:14 mtompset       Is it searching syspref values or syspref keys?
01:14 mtompset       key (eg. IntranetFavicon)
01:15 wajasu         thats the action that is sent in when one presses the search button. the preferences.pl support multiple commands onthe page, so the "op" is the differentiator.
01:15 wajasu         i don't know what its searching (i though any text matching)
01:16 mtompset       Try switching languages.
01:16 mtompset       Find text in the descriptions which have an accented character.
01:17 mtompset       Then search for it.
01:17 wajasu         i know if i search for "subdivisions"  it finds the entry with that in the value field.
01:17 wajasu         good idea
01:18 wajasu         now if i can.
01:18 wajasu         i only have enlish on my staf IF
01:19 wajasu         i might have to generate/translations
01:19 * mtompset     nods.
01:19 wajasu         or manually stick it in the db text :)
01:23 mtompset       oh yuck.
01:23 mtompset       Maybe.
01:24 wajasu         i always document my testplan so QA can understand, and the original patch writer can cry wolf if i misunderstood what they needed. lets see.
01:36 wajasu         I added  "Jürgen" to the explanation column for ExportWithCsvProfile syspref.   it didn't find it.  maybe the search string needs to be NFC normailzed. lets see if i can find the query.
01:54 mtompset       It would be much easier to switch languages. ;)
02:05 jenkins_koha   Starting build #841 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 16 days ago)
02:09 * wajasu       taking a break.
02:10 mtompset       I'm just tweaking out stylesheets right now.
02:10 mtompset       Need to make sure the color.css reflects our colour scheme properly.
02:19 mtompset       That was a nice blip.
02:30 mtompset       *ping* Anyone here now? :)
02:40 mtompset       Greetings, ago43
02:47 ago43          hi, mtompset!
02:56 wajasu         here still
03:12 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #841: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/841/
03:28 halcyonCorsair rangi: yo
03:29 rangi          heya
03:37 wajasu         rangi:  bug 8702  patch seems to enable one to pass "Jürgen" (things with accents/diacritics/utf8  for possible search and match in sysprefs search.  i can see the information message doesn't drop the ü anymore.
03:37 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8702 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , System preferences search does not allow accented letters
03:38 wajasu         but i wondered if the patch was to enable an actual match in "explanation" text.
03:38 wajasu         nothing that fancy in the patch itself.  but wouldn't that be the goal?
03:38 wajasu         or do i need to switch languages
03:39 wajasu         like mtompset suggested
03:39 rangi          ive no idea, i didnt write that patch
03:39 wajasu         i wish test plans were a requirement
03:39 mtompset       I know there was an email saying people should include test plans.
03:40 mtompset       In fact, I have now gone through the trouble of putting a test plan BEFORE I put the patch up.
03:40 melomind       I'm looking for information regarding required hardware in order to set up KOHA for our small historical society library.  Is this the proper forum for that?  If not, could someone point me in the right direction?
03:40 rangi          nothing is a requirement, we have guidelines though
03:40 rangi          melomind: the mailing list is probably better
03:40 mtompset       It's just considerate for testers and QA'rs.
03:41 melomind       I'll check there.  Thanks.
03:42 jenkins_koha   Starting build #180 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:43 mtompset       http://koha-community.org/download-koha/ tends to focus on software requirements. I think checking the list is the best idea.
03:49 halcyonCorsair rangi: http://halcyoncorsair.tumblr.com/post/31841813338/deploying-koha-from-git-with-chef
03:50 halcyonCorsair pt 1
03:50 halcyonCorsair now i need to mention it on the wiki somewhere I guess?
03:51 mtompset       If it is a page about koha, wouldn't you want it ON the wiki?
03:51 * mtompset     is just throwing the idea out there.
03:51 rangi          halcyonCorsair: cool ;)
03:52 halcyonCorsair mtompset: sure, but I wanted to get it out there while it 'in progress', I'm travelling around a bit, so I do what I can when I can
03:52 halcyonCorsair installation? development sections?
03:53 mtompset       This seems to be an advanced installation.
03:54 mtompset       You may wish to run it by mtj the installation documentation manager. ;)
03:55 rangi          id put it under dev
03:55 mtompset       Hmmm... good point, you put it under installation and most people who aren't familiar with anything are going to start doing it.
03:55 rangi          yep
03:56 mtompset       Oh, and try to reword it to avoid keywords people might use for installation. ;)
04:03 halcyonCorsair A *very* quickly wikified page: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Install_Koha_via_Chef_and_Vagrant
04:03 halcyonCorsair err, i'll just adjust those categories
04:04 halcyonCorsair anyway, bedtime
04:04 halcyonCorsair feel free to leave me feedback, err, somehow ;)
04:07 mtj            halcyonCorsair, /me love the bike stuff on yr blog :p
04:07 wajasu         i figured it out.  the language specific .pref files in koha-tmpl and that is the text that is matched against.   So once I put an accented character I was able to match in the search for 8702.  now i can signoff.
04:08 mtj            ' …but am soon alone with the great metal beasts' :)
04:22 cait           good morning #koha
04:45 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_3.8.x build #180: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_3.8.x/180/
04:45 jenkins_koha   * fridolyn.somers: Bug 7690: hidelostitems not working in Normal Display
04:45 jenkins_koha   * colin.campbell: Bug 8727 Minor stylistic change to help text
04:45 jenkins_koha   * mtompset: Bug 8713 - Warning message triggered by clicking Keywords to MARC mapping
04:45 jenkins_koha   * dcook: Bug 8765 - Add series title to intranet search results
04:45 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 8765 follow-up replace tabs by spaces
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7690 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , hidelostitems not working in Normal Display
04:45 jenkins_koha   * colin.campbell: Bug 8336 Support Sip Renewal Transaction
04:45 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 8336 follow-up, tabs to space
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8727 trivial, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , Correct help text in rebuild_zebra_sliced.sh
04:45 jenkins_koha   * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8275: xml parsing error when the webservice GetPatronInfo/show_loans is called
04:45 jenkins_koha   * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 3782: Remove broken z39.50 targets from sample files
04:45 jenkins_koha   * dcook: Bug 8717 - Wrong subscription notes are showing in catalogue detail view of serials in staff client
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8713 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Stable , Warning message triggered by clicking keyword to marc mapping.
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8765 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Add series title to intranet search results
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8336 major, P1 - high, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , SIP Server does not process renewal transaction correctly
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8275 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , xml parsing error when the webservice GetPatronInfo/show_loans is called
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=3782 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , delivered z39.50 targets wrong for NY Public Library and NY University Library
04:45 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8717 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Stable , Wrong subscription notes are showing in catalogue detail view of serials in staff client
04:45 mtompset       Sweet. It's always need to see a patch pushed through. :)
04:48 cait           :)
04:48 cait           it is
04:58 libsysguy      cait you're back awake?
05:01 wajasu         mtompset: just signed off on your 8780
05:03 mtompset       wajasu++ # thanks for the sign off.
05:03 cait           libsysguy: kind of
05:03 cait           why are you still here?
05:04 * cait         is still waking up :)
05:04 libsysguy      I can't sleep
05:04 cait           oh
05:04 libsysguy      so I thought I'd work on my calendar patch
05:04 cait           milk and honey? a really boring book?
05:04 cait           oh or that :)
05:04 libsysguy      heh yeah the calendar is kind of boring
05:04 cait           I wnt to work on serials acquisition patches
05:05 libsysguy      did that one patch from biblibre make it though
05:05 mtompset       can we keep the datetime::BLAH dependencies to a minimum? ;)
05:05 cait           there are 2 patches
05:05 libsysguy      actually I just added some more mtompset
05:05 cait           one needs the other to make the feature complete, took me a while to figure it out
05:05 libsysguy      why do you not want them?
05:05 cait           libsysguy: I think he means the version because that cuased some problems :)
05:05 libsysguy      ohhh
05:06 libsysguy      well I am introducing DateTime::Event::ICal
05:06 libsysguy      for recurrence operations
05:06 libsysguy      infinite recurrsions
05:08 libsysguy      also DateTime::Format::ICal (maybe)
05:08 mtompset       NOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)
05:08 libsysguy      I think i can remove that one actually
05:08 mtompset       I already saw that. :)
05:08 libsysguy      have you been peeking at my code mtompset ;)
05:08 mtompset       It made it into PerlDependencies.pm
05:09 libsysguy      yayy!!
05:09 mtompset       Or something at least triggered an install of it.
05:09 mtompset       Backing out DateTime perl libraries is a PAIN!
05:10 mtompset       I ended up having to remove libxml-rss-perl as well to get them out.
05:10 libsysguy      packages?
05:10 wahanui        packages is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
05:11 mtompset       Yes, packages removing with dpkg -r.
05:11 libsysguy      you should take that up with the package maintainer then :p
05:11 mtompset       Yes, but I have a package user here. It's easier to shoot the messenger. ;)
05:13 * libsysguy    recommends CPAN for all your versioned module needs :p
05:16 cait           hi sophie_m - early! :)
05:16 sophie_m       Hello cait
05:17 sophie_m       At home, so no traffic ;-)
05:17 cait           :)
05:19 * mtompset     gives libsysguy the evil eye, "Don't joke about such vile things which prevent simplicity of upgrades."
05:21 libsysguy      if you use cpan minus its almost as easy as apt :p
05:23 mtompset       Let's just CPAN everything! ;)
05:24 libsysguy      sometimes it just has to be done
05:24 libsysguy      for old times sake
05:24 libsysguy      just to make you really appreciate apt
05:28 * wajasu       wonders if we can make a move to  carton (with cpanfile support) and possibly a loclal::lib dependency deb package for each release.
05:29 * cait         does a git pull - feels nice every single time
05:29 wajasu         :)
05:30 cait           ok
05:30 cait           now it stopped feeling nice
05:30 cait           Template process failed: file error - /home/katrin/kohaclone/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/de-DE/modules/installer/step3.tt: not found at /home/katrin/kohaclone/C4/Templates.pm line 132
05:30 cait           ah, de-DE
05:31 libsysguy      I have a question about repeatable_holidays
05:31 libsysguy      does anybody have good data for the weekday selection bit
05:31 cait           never mind, figured it out
05:31 libsysguy      it looks like it is stored as an array
06:03 wajasu         just saw that 4222. whoa!
06:08 cait           bug 4222
06:08 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4222 major, P2, ---, srdjan, Failed QA , Nonpublic note not appearing in the staff client
06:08 cait           wajasu: it got really close :(
06:08 cait           wajasu: and we really should fix the FA framework
06:08 wajasu         i mentioned it to my user, and he is storing spine labels in that field (i think).
06:11 wajasu         whats up with FA? a bug in mind?  I'm just scanning for  things that failedQA  that really need to make the freeze that might be resurrected.
06:16 cait           wajasu: it's in the internal notes bug
06:16 cait           wajasu: the fa framework still links to items.paidfor
06:16 cait           which is bad
06:16 cait           because we removed that link from all other frameworks, except that one
06:16 cait           so it's an inconsistency in how the data is saved to the database
06:17 cait           bah, and the stupid branch search is not working here :(
06:17 cait           that was referring to what I am testing right now
06:18 mtj            wajasu, re: carton i think it might be a great idea, for distros without packages, at least...
06:19 wajasu         iINSTALL.otherdistro
06:19 alex_a1        bonjour
06:20 mtj            … it looks like carton supports module versioning, thats its crucial feature
06:21 mtj            carton would save sysadmins playing russian-roulette with pulling random modules from CPAN
06:22 wajasu         i am testing an idea for BDD tests, and I might stick a cpanfile in there, so we can have test deps. to prove it out. then once folks like it, we can see if they want to mainstream it.
06:22 mtj            … we could easily build a carton file, from koha's PerlDep.pm
06:23 mtompset       ARG! There is no field validation on syspref entry of gist (at least).
06:23 wajasu         my archlinux has cpanm, and i used that to bootstract carton.  then after that all is roses.  and metacpan is there.
06:23 mtompset       I just typed "a" for the tax rate.
06:23 mtj            then autogen the carton file before every Koha release
06:23 wajasu         mtj: yes.
06:24 mtj            sounds like a useful 'pet project' :)
06:25 * mtompset     mutters, "Let's assume the user has a valid value and work from there."
06:26 mtj            wajasu,  afaik LL use carton (and perlbrew?) for their thing, so perhaps take a peek in their repo too
06:27 pastebot       "wajasu" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "carton test" (94 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/186
06:28 wajasu         i did this a few minutes ago to see what it takes to build a .deb
06:29 wajasu         i'm going to test  perlbrew + carton to  maybe get more isolated from the host OS.
06:30 wajasu         what used to take me 4-5 hours, takes 5 minutes.
06:32 mtj            its nice to think that carton could be the solution to a CPAN versioning problem, thats never been fixed for Koha :)
06:41 reiveune       hello
06:43 mtompset       BTW, I assume you saw my comment on your bug report, mtj?
06:45 mtj            sorry, i havent checked today.. bug number?
06:46 cait           *sigh*
06:46 cait           ok, I won't finish this this morning
06:46 mtj            … i get lots of bugs-emails everyday via QA stuff :/
06:46 cait           anyway... if someone wants to take a look at bug 8415 and bug 8456 - feedback appreciated
06:46 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8415 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Link Serial with Acquisition
06:46 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8456 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Capture the invoice number, price, date of a subscription
06:47 cait           I would really really like to see that go into 3.10
06:47 cait           hi matts
06:47 matts          hi !
06:47 cait           :)
06:48 cait           ok, time to leave - bbiab
06:53 mtj            mtompset, your questions/suggestions are all good to me,  (re: 8402 ?)
06:54 mtompset       Right, I totally agree there needs to be a central point which regenerates things.
06:54 mtompset       It will make things more consistent across the board.
06:55 mtj            but, its a tricky general problem, lets fix it incrementally
06:55 mtompset       Well, the format of debian/control is different than what is expected in debian.packages (or ubuntu.packages)
06:56 mtompset       I think PerlDependencies.pm is the focal point.
06:56 mtj            i agree
06:56 mtompset       But perhaps that is wrong. Perhaps debian/control really is?
06:57 mtompset       This is where the building folk should be able to make a good call.
06:57 mtj            no, that file is debian specific?!
06:58 mtompset       It may be...
06:58 mtompset       But perhaps the problem is people think of the lib name rather than the perl lib name when extending.
06:59 mtompset       Then question is ... does PerlDependencies.pm ever fall behind debian/control?
06:59 mtj            … and um, contains no version info too
07:00 mtompset       Perhaps the version information is an after thought added for compatibility when people use a different OS.
07:01 mtompset       Back to patching those .packages files. ;)
07:02 mtj            the goal is to generate perl deps from a *single* file, there are many ways to do it
07:02 mtompset       Did you notice list-deps?
07:03 mtompset       It's a perl version of what I scripted without knowing about it.
07:03 mtompset       My shell script is a bit more functional.
07:04 mtompset       Excuse me... my ride is here.
07:06 mtj            hmm, i guess it is possible to use debian/control as the only dependancies file, too...
07:07 mbalmer        @wunder nuremberg
07:07 huginn         mbalmer: The current temperature in Sugarloaf Mountain, Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania is 13.6°C (3:04 AM EDT on September 19, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 98%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Rising).
07:08 mbalmer        @wunder nürnberg
07:08 huginn         mbalmer: The current temperature in Fuerth, Fuerth, Germany is 11.3°C (9:00 AM CEST on September 19, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.03 in 1017 hPa (Rising).
07:09 mtj            … but that just feels like a really complex and problematic way to do it, for no advantage
07:10 * mtj          sticks that back on the too-hard pile
07:23 mtj            mtompset, ive been thinking, there might be some advantages to using debian/control as the single dep file
07:25 mtompset       The key problem is that in addition to perl library, koha requires other things (eg. MySQL, Apache)
07:25 mtompset       debian/control would have those listed, but the difficulty is the naming convention across OS's may not be consistent.
07:26 mtj            … it would give us the most conservative list of modules (and their minimum version) needed for a stable koha
07:27 mtompset       That is true.
07:28 mtj            a general dependancies file would need to be compiled from a debian-stable system, for every release
07:28 mtompset       Compare the minimum versions against PerlDependencies.pm and we could check if the min_vers are really correct.
07:28 mtj            yeah, thats it :)
07:28 mtj            it would reveal/detect errors , like your date::timezone version bug
07:31 magnuse        well this is weird: on one of my installations, when i go to cataloguing and choose the default framework it refuses to show. nothing in the logs and nothing in the firebug js console. other frameworks work fine and default framework works fine on other installations
07:33 mtj            dump your good/bad frameworks to files and diff them
07:34 mtj            .. then load them into the other system, and test again - any difference?
07:34 magnuse        yeah, might have to do that
07:35 mtj            ok, i gotta scoot now
07:36 magnuse        have fun mtj
07:37 mtj            thanks for the debian/control idea mtompset - i think it could be a good one
07:52 drojf          good morning #koha
07:59 kf             good morning #koha
07:59 mbalmer        off to nuremberg
08:00 drojf          hi kf
08:06 kf             hi drojf
08:06 kf             now I missed mb
08:06 kf             good morning paul_p
08:07 drojf          kf: nuremberg is not that far away ;)
08:19 * mtompset     likes git blame.
08:20 mtompset       Now I can know that paul_p didn't thoroughly test last year. ;)
08:20 paul_p         mtompset ?
08:20 wahanui        mtompset is probably trying to do a variety of projects in less than three months!
08:20 * mtompset     grins.
08:20 mtompset       I'm looking at acqui/basket.pl
08:21 mtompset       there is an if ($gist) line.
08:21 mtompset       it belongs to you.
08:21 mtompset       So I'm assuming that you didn't check the error logs for uninitialized variable warnings. :)
08:21 mtompset       nothing terrible.
08:22 mtompset       Just error log floody.
08:24 kf             ah I ran into that this morning
08:24 kf             neworderempty does that too
08:24 mtompset       oh wait... used the git blame wrong... it's Jean-Andre Santoni.
08:24 mtompset       He added the lines which trigger the errors.
08:24 mtompset       Anyways... I'm going to patch that up now.
08:25 kf             paul_p: do you think thre is a chance Joubu could take a look at bug 8456?
08:25 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8456 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Capture the invoice number, price, date of a subscription
08:25 mtompset       Sorry, I was wrong, paul_p. :)
08:26 kf             paul_p: I would really like to see the ordering of serials being improved for 3.10 - and we are close
08:27 kf             Amit did rebase some of biblibre's patches and I fixed some problems in bug 8415, but the part that is missing is for the ordering forms now
08:27 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8415 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Link Serial with Acquisition
08:28 mtompset       Is any of that going to affect basket.pl?
08:29 kf             hm
08:29 kf             I think it adds a link there
08:29 kf             look at the patch for the latter bug
08:45 kf             magnuse: around? :)
08:46 magnuse        yup
08:46 kf             bug 8558 :)
08:46 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8558 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Better confirmation message for importing frameworks
08:47 kf             maybe we should mark mine or yours duplicate?
08:47 kf             I thought it was annoying that it warns but doesn't tell which framework I am going to overlay
08:48 magnuse        i'll mark mine as a duplicate
08:48 kf             and good morning .)
08:48 magnuse        yeah, kia ora!
08:49 magnuse        done
08:50 kf             :)
08:50 kf             now we only have to find someone for fixing it :P
08:50 magnuse        hmf. default framework does not display. i export it, create a new framework, import the default into that and it displays without any problems!
08:50 magnuse        kf: yeah!
08:50 kf             oh
08:51 kf             I never tried witht he defualt framework
08:51 kf             only with others
08:51 magnuse        my current problem is not related to 8558...
08:51 magnuse        i have trouble displaying a default framework when i try to catalogue
08:54 kf             nothing in the logs?
08:55 magnuse        nothing useful
08:56 magnuse        complaints about some missing yui files, but i get the same complaints for the frameworks that do work
08:56 kf             annoying
08:56 kf             js error?
08:57 magnuse        not really
08:58 magnuse        but there is a small difference...
09:01 pastebot       "magnuse" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Default framework not shown" (16 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/187
09:01 mtompset       oh... 3.8.4 package was missing a directory that the 3.8.4 tarball had.
09:02 mtompset       Yep. That's the problem.
09:02 mtompset       download the tarball, and paste those suckers in place.
09:02 magnuse        but it works for other installations running off the same package install...
09:03 mtompset       because they upgraded?
09:03 mtompset       the fresh install has that problem.
09:03 magnuse        no, i have several instances running off one package install, and they behave differently
09:04 magnuse        on the same server
09:04 mtompset       I don't understand multiple instances.
09:05 mtompset       Do they share the /usr/share/koha/intranet and opac, etc. directories?
09:05 magnuse        yup
09:05 mtompset       And are these instances the same version?
09:05 magnuse        i did "koha-create a" and "koha-create b" on the same server - now a has the problem and b does not
09:06 magnuse        that would lead me to think it is a data problem, more than a code problem...
09:06 mtompset       does the plugin directory exist?
09:07 magnuse        lemme check
09:07 mtompset       There could be a syspref that turns off dependency on that.
09:07 mtompset       (I'm guessing)
09:08 mtompset       Oh, and it is plugins. My bad. :)
09:09 magnuse        nope, no plugins dir in /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui/
09:09 mtompset       not opac, intranet.
09:10 magnuse        um, oops :-)
09:10 magnuse        nope, no plugins in /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/lib/yui/ either
09:11 mtompset       If you have a git, you'll notice it is there.
09:11 mtompset       If you grab a tarball, you'll notice it is there.
09:12 mtompset       I don't know why it doesn't error for one, but the other. Stale CSS?
09:12 mtompset       But you probably should grab that dir and whack it into place.
09:16 magnuse        i just did. it fixed the js errors (and a nice "loading" widget is displayed), but the Default framework is still not displayed (but the copy of it is)
09:16 magnuse        is there a bug for that missing plugins dir, btw?
09:17 kf             hmdon't remember one
09:17 magnuse        bug 5024
09:17 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5024 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Debian packages don't include YUI plugins
09:18 magnuse        Reported: 	2010-07-16
09:18 wahanui        1987
09:18 magnuse        oops :-)
09:18 magnuse        thanks wahanui, that's good to know
09:19 * magnuse      gives eythian a nudge
09:19 mtompset       magnuse: it was probably just a packaging problem.
09:19 mtompset       Yes, let's all point at eythian. ;)
09:19 eythian        give me more hours in a day instead maybe :)
09:19 magnuse        hehe
09:20 magnuse        s/nudge/friendly, non-stressful nudge/
09:25 kf             hi eythian
09:25 eythian        hi
09:25 kf             we were just talking about you
09:25 kf             coworker back from vacation asking about the workshop :)
09:25 eythian        heh OK
09:25 kf             btw the printers still hate me...
09:26 eythian        http://youtu.be/g_hF_RhD-xE <-- kf
09:31 * mtompset     laughs, "Yes, that is extreme printer hate."
09:31 * kf           hi
09:31 * kf           thinks it's very reasonable behaviour
09:33 * mtompset     laughs.
09:33 mtompset       Not if you are the one paying for the printer.
09:35 mtompset       ARG! son loosened internet cable again.
09:36 eythian        electrify the outside?
09:36 mtompset       I need a better layout, so he can't do that.
09:45 drojf          heh that video shows pretty much what i did to my epson "i know you never print in colour, but colour is empty again and why would i let you print black when colour is empty?" inkjet printer after i bought a bw laser printer
09:50 mtompset       okay, improved a little.
09:51 kf             hm
09:51 kf             wondering
09:51 kf             do we have to teach the translation scripts about the new mobile theme?
09:51 mtompset       That's a jcamins problem. ;)
09:51 mtompset       Well, jcamins_away problem. :)
09:53 kf             well
09:53 kf             a lot of people want this to go in
09:53 mtompset       What does a "warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors." mean?
09:53 kf             that there is white space where it shouldn't be
09:54 kf             at the end of a line for example
09:54 kf             whitespace?
09:54 wahanui        whitespace is probably http://blog.bigballofwax.co.nz/2011/12/15/fixing-whitespace-when-apply-patches-with-git/
09:54 kf             there
09:55 mtompset       kf++ #thanks for the link.
09:55 kf             it's very useful
09:59 mtompset       I'll reset my 3.8.x and see if the patch applies back to it.
10:03 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_8597' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=659a4aab574e77e65d8e0eb604763f832a5c0574> / Bug 8597 follow-up translation issues <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=81ba4ca9793501f79d320f3d9e6251c5292ca3d3> / Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_8597' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=3847
10:12 jenkins_koha   Starting build #842 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 16 days ago)
10:13 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7751 follow-up adding updatedatabase for sysprefs decreateLoanHighHolds* <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=7aff89ebff30fa7f0973b00922a81f9b3b687935>
10:18 kf             paul_p++
10:32 mtompset       things are getting pushed like crazy.
10:45 kf             we are close to the deadline
11:10 mtompset       okay... bug 8788 logged and loaded.
11:10 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8788 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Viewing basket for acquisitions triggers error log entries.
11:10 koyauni        hi guys, is there anyway you can attach an eSoruce to its records,
11:10 jcamins_away   kf: nope.
11:10 koyauni        is filed 856 for this propose
11:10 kf             jcamins_away: ?
11:11 mtompset       I think jcamins_away meant no to koyauni
11:11 mtompset       And yes, I believe that is what 856 is for.
11:11 koyauni        ohh, so the NO is mine, and there no way
11:11 jcamins_away   mtompset: no, I meant "no, we don't need to teach the translation scripts about the new field."
11:11 jcamins_away   *theme
11:11 mtompset       Ah... okay, delayed response. Cluing in. :)
11:12 mtompset       how do you spell clue-ing?
11:12 jcamins_away   koyauni: yes, that's what field 856 is for.
11:12 kf             jcamins_away: so you tested? :)
11:13 jcamins_away   kf: I did. I'll test again, though.
11:13 * mtompset     let's out his breath, "WHEW!"
11:13 jcamins_away   There is the possibility that we *do* need to teach the translator, and what I determined was that it was easy to fix.
11:13 mtompset       kf, you should know jcamins_away is a test freak. ;)
11:14 kf             jcamins: something in the back of my mind said: maybe add another path
11:14 mtompset       Speaking of tests, jcamins. I almost felt the urge to write something with www::mechanize.
11:14 kf             but I haven't tested, I added a note so I wouldn't forget
11:15 mtompset       But I'd thought I'd ask you for some reference/example.
11:15 jcamins        kf: something in the back of my mind said "but you added another path," after I answered your question.
11:15 jcamins        mtompset: bug 8300
11:15 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8300 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Koha should have mechanized testing suite
11:16 kf             jcamins: lol - so who is sitting in the other's mind whispering now?
11:16 koyauni        I put data in 856 but it does nto show up in dtail view
11:16 kf             which fields did you use?
11:17 kf             subfields I mean
11:18 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #842: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/842/
11:18 jenkins_koha   * julian.maurice: Bug 5339: Invoices management improvement
11:18 jenkins_koha   * julian.maurice: Bug 5339: perltidy on added files
11:18 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 5339 follow-up DBRev
11:18 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 8597 follow-up: add missing lib files
11:18 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 8597 follow-up translation issues
11:18 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 7751 follow-up adding updatedatabase for sysprefs decreateLoanHighHolds*
11:18 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5339 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Parcel closing in acq
11:18 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8597 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, Pushed to Master , New theme for the OPAC with a mobile view
11:18 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7751 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to Master , Decrease loan period on items with a high number of holds
11:23 magnuse        looks like a memcached restart solved my problem with the default framework - corrupted cache, perhaps?
11:25 mtompset       I don't have anything memcached, but the next unlogged bug I was going to look at seemed related to $framework not being defined.
11:25 mtompset       jcamins: It says => for the Tests::More... I can't see where the tests are?
11:27 mtompset       There's 20 tests in there?
11:28 jcamins        mtompset: Test::WWW:Mechanize.
11:28 jcamins        It does tests.
11:28 mtompset       So each $agent-> is a test?
11:30 jcamins        Some are, some aren't.
11:30 jcamins        The perldoc for Test::WWW::Mechanize lists all the possible tests.
11:31 mtompset       Okay.
11:31 mtompset       Dumb question. What if I don't know how many tests it will do?
11:31 mtompset       (eg. write some sort of looping click mess)
11:32 jcamins        Put done_testing; at the end, and don't give a number of tests at the beginning.
11:33 mtompset       Sweet... sounds like I could have a click-happy testing run.
11:33 mtj            'There are cases when you will not know beforehand how many tests your script is going to run. In this case, you can declare your tests at the end.'
11:33 mtj            http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Test-Simple-0.98/lib/Test/More.pm
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @esilibrary: "North Central Michigan College Live on Koha! http://t.co/Lsbkeiy7 #kohails"
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @jngumba: ""@kohails: #kohails Koha: The World’s First Truly Sustainable ILS http://t.co/aWyheyRO" the reason am where I am today"
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @kohails: "#kohails  Koha: The World’s First Truly Sustainable ILS http://t.co/ITbAekMz"
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @ByWaterSolution: "Koha: The World’s First Truly Sustainable ILS http://t.co/2rcg8yoS #kohails"
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @kohails: "#kohails  The Urban School of San Francisco’s Herbst Library Goes Live on Koha with ByWater… http://t.co/XSt3zq8B"
11:39 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @ByWaterSolution: "The Urban School of San Francisco’s Herbst Library Goes Live on Koha with ByWater… http://t.co/eDB0L3CE #kohails"
11:40 * mtompset     sighs. Is there a default framework setting somewhere in Koha?
11:42 mtj            afaik, no, its on a todo list somewhere
11:42 mtj            if you goof the frameworks, just drop/load them again from the shell
11:43 mtompset       The reason I ask is because of z3950_search.pl
11:43 mtompset       The script is called without a framework code.
11:44 mtompset       Then it tries to go out to whereever and finds nothing matches, because there's no framework code.
11:44 mtompset       all the while spamming the error logs.
11:45 jcamins        mtompset: the default framework doesn't have a framework code.
11:45 jcamins        You probably just want to put ||= '' somewhere.
11:46 mtompset       Okay, so " ||  q{}"
11:47 jcamins        That'd be my guess.
11:52 mtompset       I think I'll jump back to my backup project. My brain is fried.
11:52 mtompset       I really hate finding a two bugs in close vicinity.
11:52 jcamins        Bug 8633.
11:52 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8633 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Translate script hardcoded to prog template
11:53 jcamins        We do need to add ccsr.
11:53 jcamins        I'd forgotten that fredericd objected to it.
11:54 fredericd      jcamins: hello!
11:54 jcamins        fredericd: hello. :)
11:55 fredericd      Chris reply is fine for me.
11:55 fredericd      Do you have a patch? Do you want one from me?
11:56 jcamins        fredericd: I do not have a general patch. If you are able to write a patch, I would trust it a lot more than I would trust what I can come up with. ;)
11:57 * fredericd    was reading that yesterday: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/C_&_P_Search_Rewrite_RFC
11:57 fredericd      impressive
11:57 jcamins        fredericd: I think you mean "crazy" :P
11:57 mtompset       All hail the background indexing king. :)
11:57 fredericd      :-)
12:00 mtompset       Nice to see you say something on the channel while I'm here, fredericd. :)
12:01 mtompset       Anyways, I'm off. I have some database splitting to do.
12:01 mtompset       Good day (24 hour period) everyone.
12:15 jcamins        I guess it's morning.
12:15 jcamins        (the cat wants breakfast)
12:16 kf             :)
12:18 jcamins        Now he is contemplating my degrees.
12:21 oleonard       Hi #koha
12:23 kf             hi oleonard
12:23 * kf           thinks 3.10 is shaping up nicely
12:23 kf             lots of cool features waiting to be explored and documented
12:23 kf             and tested tested tested during the feature freeze
12:27 jenkins_koha   Starting build #843 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 16 days ago)
12:28 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7993' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=884c8a2b7cceeb13b2478ecd9b941a5ddec6470f> / Bug 7993 follow-up to fix POD DOC <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6bc91ace59e4b2f2c72984e93bae644c6333c524>
12:28 magnuse        kf: yeah, that would be a good time to write automated tests ala bug 8300
12:28 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8300 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Koha should have mechanized testing suite
12:29 jcamins        It's *always* a good time to write mechanized tests.
12:29 * druthb       sneaks in
12:29 kf             hi druthb
12:32 * jcamins      waves.
12:33 magnuse        \o/
12:33 magnuse        jcamins: true, of course! ;-)
12:46 fredericd      druthb++ (as translation manager)
12:46 kf             fredericd++ for being a great translation manager
12:47 druthb         :)  Thanks, fredericd.    I'm looking forward to it.  You've done a great job; those are big shoes for me to fill.
12:47 druthb         fredericd++
12:47 druthb         Just need to figure out what needs handing off, and how, at some point.
12:48 fredericd      druthb: You can count on me for the transition
12:49 druthb         I'm planning to have a new Pootle server spun up in the next week or two, ready to go.  Other than that, any prep work I should be doin'?
12:51 * oleonard     cheers druthb
12:51 fredericd      Not much more. When you're ready drop me a line: I will document my workflow on the Koha wiki, and give you a script I use to automatize conversion between Koha language naming convetion and Pootle one
12:52 druthb         Excellent!  Thanks!
12:53 kf             druthb++ and fredericd++ :)
12:54 magnuse        yeah! druthb++ and fredericd++
12:56 koyauni        do you know any good software to cat number process please
13:09 * paul_p       head to bug 2060 ...
13:09 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
13:10 paul_p         fredericd = as you're around, I need help to test bug 7421 !!!
13:10 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7421 enhancement, P4, ---, frederic, Passed QA , UNIMARC authorities DOM indexing mode
13:15 fredericd      paul_p: vu
13:16 * paul_p       retreat from bug 2060, as it does not apply :(
13:16 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Patch doesn't apply , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
13:33 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #843: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/843/
13:33 jenkins_koha   Paul Poulain: Bug 7993 follow-up to fix POD DOC
13:33 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7993 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , saved report with hierarchies
13:35 kf             paul_p: oh :( and jcamins_away just left
13:42 paul_p         OK, ladies & men, the "passed QA" queue is empty ! (the 8215 and 7421 being waiting for answers or actions)
13:43 kf             paul_p++ :)
13:53 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8624: Move famfamfam out of theme directory <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=9b5a5224e6e94e389fa358ab719d007825563d3d> / Bug 6689 [Follow-up] Improve styling of table pager <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=f34e90f7685b57bc8478e416e97862684865d138> / Bug 7401 - Shelving Location facet <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=881ee1b1a
13:53 kf             hm
13:53 kf             hmm
13:53 kf             the mail from Seth Mayo on the list--- I had that happening in my dev installation
13:54 mveron         Hi #koha
13:54 kf             hi mveron
13:55 * mveron       waves to kf
13:57 jenkins_koha   Starting build #844 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 16 days ago)
14:03 jcamins_away   paul_p: rebasing 2060 now.
14:12 jcamins_away   paul_p: sorry, not anymore! :P
14:12 samuel         hi everybody
14:12 jcamins        That said, paul_p++
14:12 samuel         what does it mean a message like this 16:07:54-19/09 zebraidx(4197) [warn] Cannot access path /tmp/7HwXhpGqlW/biblio [No such file or directory]  -->i've just seen that in my log
14:14 jcamins        samuel: most likely it means that either A) you don't have any bib records or B) your Koha user doesn't have permissions to write to /tmp
14:15 tcohen         greetings #koha
14:16 jcamins        Greetings, tcohen.
14:17 kf             wb drojf
14:17 drojf          hello again :)
14:26 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_6448' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=be12aa96094ab003949c78e8246db56027931cac> / Bug 6448 - carp on invalid barcode <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=8f2dcc6741660b38a5ab9d015a018d494f063843> / Bug 8185: Change some more strings from Italian to English <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h
14:27 kf             hm
14:27 kf             does someone know to which feature the tables collections and collections_tracking belong?
14:27 kf             I can't remember seeing htem in a database before
14:29 jcamins        Rotating collections.
14:29 kf             oh
14:29 jcamins        Dead code?
14:29 kf             why do we have the tables?
14:29 kf             yeah - but it's only hidden, it's still there in Koha
14:29 jcamins        Ah. I guess that's why we still have the tables.
14:38 tcohen         can't we just delete that zebraqueue_daemon.pl so I don't hear about for the rest of my life?
14:39 kf             tcohen: I would think we can
14:39 kf             isn't there a bug even? hmm
14:40 jcamins        Replace it with something that puts a message in syslog: "You were using zebraqueue_daemon. Go set up your cron jobs."
14:42 tcohen         or "Use koha-index-daemon (from Koha::Contrib::Tamil) instead"?
14:43 jcamins        Or that.
14:54 libsysguy      https://twitter.com/libsysguy/status/248433711920586753
14:55 libsysguy      https://twitter.com/libsysguy/status/248433862319931394
14:55 jcamins        Bet NateC is jealous.
14:59 kf             NateC?
14:59 wahanui        I LIKE SPACE AND MY WIFE
14:59 drojf          lol
15:00 santy          Hi everybody! Say you have an ubuntu ext4 500GB LVM filesystem just for koha 3.8... what would you recommend sizewise for this partitions: / (containing bin, sbin, dev and root), /usr, /var, /boot, /home, /opt and /tmp?
15:01 jcamins        santy: lots of space for /var
15:01 jcamins        santy: but I don't have exact numbers
15:02 santy          for tmp too?... yesterday I noticed that zebra indexing quite uses tmp
15:03 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #844: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/844/
15:03 jenkins_koha   * kyle: Bug 7401 - Shelving Location facet
15:03 jenkins_koha   * oleonard: Bug 6689 [Follow-up] Improve styling of table pager
15:03 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 8624: Move famfamfam out of theme directory
15:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7401 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Shelving Location facet instead of Branch facet when only 1 branch configured
15:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6689 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Improve styling of table pager
15:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8624 minor, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , famfamfam should be outside theme directory
15:03 jcamins        A fair amount of space for /tmp is a good idea, but there is an upper boundary for that- twice the size of the MARC records in your catalog converted to XML.
15:04 jenkins_koha   Starting build #845 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 16 days ago)
15:04 jcamins        There's no upper limit, really, on /var.
15:06 tcohen         you can always put all the available space for /var and make a symlink /tmp -> /var/tmp
15:06 jcamins        (though I wouldn't consider it *likely* that you're going to need more than... 80GB?)
15:06 jcamins        tcohen++ # for being clever
15:06 jcamins        paul_p: I rebased bug 2060.
15:06 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
15:07 santy          ok, do you have an estimate for an average marc21 xml record size? 1K?
15:07 reiveune       bye
15:08 jcamins        santy: I do not, but that sounds reasonable. Double it to 2 because space is cheap?
15:08 santy          ok
15:08 tcohen         50GB for / should be more than enough
15:08 santy          there will probably be 500k records
15:09 tcohen         /dev/xvda1       20G   15G  3.9G  80% /
15:09 santy          at most
15:09 tcohen         /dev/xvdc1       78G   29G   46G  39% /var
15:09 tcohen         (mysql is on a sepatare server in our setup)
15:09 santy          mysql will be on the same machine
15:09 tcohen         Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
15:11 tcohen         what I mean to say is that 50GB for /, some GB for swap and the rest for /var
15:11 tcohen         will be ok
15:11 jcamins        I think I have 8GB for / and 20GB for /usr
15:14 wajasu         note: /tmp is sometimes a tmpfs or shm in RAM , and in some distros(VPSes and such) is cleaned at reboot.  /var/tmp should be large and is not usually/supposed to be auto cleaned at reboot.
15:14 tcohen         jcamins, in recent 3.8.x i found that this was added to koha-conf.xml
15:14 tcohen         <zebra_bib_index_mode>dom</zebra_bib_index_mode>
15:14 tcohen         <zebra_auth_index_mode>dom</zebra_auth_index_mode>
15:15 tcohen         (dom/grs1) who uses that?
15:15 jcamins        tcohen: yes, DOM was pushed to 3.8.2
15:15 tcohen         i actually dont have that in my production servers
15:15 tcohen         so i guess i'm using grs1
15:15 jcamins        Yes, they're using grs1.
15:15 santy          is tmp cleaning at reboot desirable/undesirable/inconsecuential for koha
15:15 jcamins        Any installations pre-DOM will remain GRS1.
15:16 jcamins        santy: it doesn't make a difference, since nothing important is stored in /tmp.
15:16 jcamins        That said, you'll reboot so infrequently that you won't notice.
15:16 tcohen         may I encounter problems if updating my .conf files and reindex?
15:16 jcamins        tcohen: you'll need the new Zebra config files as well.
15:17 jcamins        Once you have them, all you need to do is set the index modes to DOM, and point Zebra at the *-dom.cfg files.
15:21 paul_p         jcamins yeahhh !!! bug 2060 works nicely !!!
15:21 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
15:21 paul_p         (in UNIMARC, with diacritics, and all that sort of things !!!)
15:21 jcamins        Woohoo!
15:22 paul_p         Lycée d'état,  Besançon, ...
15:22 jcamins        paul_p: and now that you have it working, aren't you amazed that you survived years without the ability to import authorities from the staff client?
15:22 paul_p         jcamins frankly ? not at all :D
15:22 paul_p         I think I could have lived for years without this feature :D :D
15:23 paul_p         (speaking personnally, not as library support provider)
15:23 jcamins        paul_p: heh. Well, *I* have long missed this feature. :P
15:24 wajasu         is it getting about time to regen a new http://schema.koha-community.org/index.html, or will that happen after 3.10.  I use it for reference alot.
15:24 jcamins        wajasu: probably it is.
15:25 tcohen         feature freeze may be the time to do it
15:25 wajasu         yeah, thats what I thought.
15:27 wajasu         when i ran a DBIx schema loader tool, it complains about some belongs_to/has_many column that is nullable.
15:30 wajasu         kf: 8415 - do you just need signoff on the followup?   do you want me to investigate how we may create an order without being force to create items?
15:37 * oleonard     grumbles that the rotating collections code should be removed since it never worked properly and has never been updated
15:37 * jcamins      doesn't know what it is, but thinks you're probably right.
15:41 oleonard       Anyone else care to comment on Bug 8570?
15:41 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8570 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, Signed Off , Add pagination to the Z39.50 results page
15:42 * jcamins      defers to you on this.
15:46 jcamins        I am comfortable with it being included on the basis of your signoff, provided the code passes QA.
15:48 oleonard       *sigh* a productive morning-killing meeting is still a morning-killing meeting.
15:53 wajasu         whenever i do a z3950 search i get a popup with search fields and servers. fine.  but after i search, the results popup/form has a table and the links on the right are always cut off (I have to resize to click import) is that desired? or should i add an enhancement bug?
15:53 oleonard       wajasu: You can't accurately predict the size the table will need
15:53 jcamins        wajasu: that's why you can click anywhere in the table to bring the links up.
15:56 wajasu         oooh! an easter egg popup link navigator.
15:59 wajasu         that suffices.  since so many results are high, i just thought moving the links to be stacked in the first column would work. but this works.
16:10 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #845: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/845/
16:10 jenkins_koha   * tajoli: Bug 8185: plugin for linking records in MARC21
16:10 jenkins_koha   * mirko: Bug 8185: Change some more strings from Italian to English
16:10 jenkins_koha   * dpavlin: Bug 6448 - carp on invalid barcode
16:10 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8185 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tajoli, Pushed to Master , Plugin for linking records in MARC21
16:10 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6448 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , EAN-13 barcode support
16:15 tcohen         jcamins, sorry to bother you again with this, i'm not moving to DOM right now
16:15 tcohen         but, the absence of those new entries in koha-conf.xml, could break things?
16:15 tcohen         I mean <zebra_bib_index_mode>dom</zebra_bib_index_mode>
16:16 jcamins        tcohen: nope. It defaults to grs-1.
16:16 tcohen         ok, thanks
16:23 * drojf        wonders how one accidentally deletes all usernames and passwords of all staff users
16:23 rambutan       too much power in the wrong hands
16:24 drojf          hm and the university vpn does not allow me to send an email to the koha list. sorry claudio
16:27 cait           drojf: there is probably nothing that can be done... to recover
16:27 drojf          cait: db user
16:27 cait           yeah, to get in
16:28 drojf          and set new passwordss
16:28 cait           but the data is probably lost .... well.. you could recover from a backup
16:28 drojf          i think the users are still there, only the passwords and usernames are lost
16:28 drojf          Hi Claudio,
16:28 drojf          that sounds like quite some misunderstanding. To clarify, the accounts do still exist but they do not have usernames and passwords anymore?
16:28 drojf          In that case you could login with the Koha database user from koha-conf.xml that you used at the time of installation to modify the accounts.
16:28 drojf          -- Mirko
16:28 drojf          i cant send it. mveron just volunteered to do so ;)
16:29 * mveron       just sent the message for Claudio...
16:30 drojf          one problem i see: if the person that deleted the logins and passwords is going to be the one using the db user now, they are going to have a bad time ;)
16:40 drojf          kf: bug 8215 is what i had in mind when talking about "klassensatz". or is that something else?
16:40 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8215 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add Course Reserves
16:41 drojf          hm you are cait now :D
16:41 cait           it's something else :)
16:41 cait           that's more what we would call semesterapparat
16:41 cait           I think
16:42 * jcamins      likes the word "klassensatz."
16:42 cait           there are programs that offer features for klassensatz - maybe we should ask google
16:42 jcamins        What does it mean?
16:42 cait           i found some descriptions last time
16:42 cait           basically it's enough books for a class (pupils)
16:43 cait           school libraries are asking for features for those... but right now I am not exactly sure what they want to do with it
16:43 drojf          hm me neither then
16:43 drojf          semesterapparat is nice to have too though :)
16:43 cait           ok, supermarket - brb :)
16:44 drojf          why do you call me supermarket? :P
16:46 jcamins        drojf: you mean you haven't volunteered to take care of food provision for #koha?!?
16:48 drojf          jcamins: with me switching from "no wheat" to "no gluten" for a while to see how that goes, i guess i would not be a very interesting supermarket for #koha
16:48 jcamins        drojf: it will certainly make pizza making more difficult.
16:48 jcamins        But not impossible!
16:49 drojf          true. i will know all about that soon i'm afraid
16:49 drojf          it will certainly make it expensive :(
16:49 jcamins        magnuse: in fact, do I recall you mentioning that you had switched to gluten-free baking for a while?
16:51 drojf          i fail to see why a class set (klassensatz) would require special handling. just use one item for the 20 or 30 copies? maybe i miss something about the concept
16:57 jenkins_koha   Starting build #846 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 17 days ago)
17:01 huginn         New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_8185' <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=bc50735e3a8fe6ff2242810636ae5176e2c62296> / Bug 6679 Avoid critic failure caused by ambiguous code <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=10e4f3b9a5baac83342b6a81a2081d89454bebc8> / Bug 2060 follow-up DBRev & updatedatabase <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdif
17:08 * drojf        heads home
17:09 Oak            good night cait
17:12 cait           back
17:25 wajasu         cait: 8415 - do you just need signoff on the followup? do you want me to investigate how we may create an order without being force to create items?
17:29 cait           wajasu: ah, I found the code for that :) but I have to create a patch an test
17:29 cait           I would still appreciate if you would take a look
17:30 cait           I hope to get to it tonight - but dinner first :)
17:33 wajasu         i'll wait for your patch and look at it if/when your patch shows up.
17:34 wajasu         i'm going to get into testing overdue_notice related patches ( 8687 6030 ) sincei have email setup.
17:42 fredericd      tcohen: what is the status of your work on the indexer daemon, and its init script?
17:59 tcohen         fredericd
17:59 wahanui        fredericd is translation manager for 3.8
17:59 tcohen         i have two functional patches
17:59 tcohen         one for a usual .tar.gz setup
17:59 tcohen         and one for a .deb install
18:01 tcohen         bug 8519 and bug 8773 respectively
18:01 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8519 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Make koha-index-daemon run on startup
18:01 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8773 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add per-instance koha-index-daemon in .deb setup
18:03 tcohen         i didn't work on the indexer daemon itself as I understood that yours was chosen over a rewrite of rebuild_zebra.pl on bug 5166
18:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5166 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED WONTFIX, Reintroduce a zebraqueue daemon, make several rebuild_zebra.pl functions a lib
18:03 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #846: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 6 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/846/
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jonathan.druart: Bug 8117: Divide budget periods into two tabs
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jonathan.druart: Bug 8117: Followup: remove h3 title (duplicate infos)
18:03 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 8117 follow-up remove perl warning
18:03 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: A follow-up will be added though, because we understood why I had some javascript error and jonathan didn't. It's because I've plack + debug
18:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8117 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Divide budget periods into two tabs
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 7475: Update configuration
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 7475: Teach matching rules to handle authorities
18:03 tcohen         so, my patches are only convenient init and helper scripts
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 2060: Update command line MARC import scripts
18:03 jenkins_koha   * jcamins: Bug 2060 follow-up: add support for UNIMARCAUTH
18:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7475 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Option to overlay authorities
18:03 jenkins_koha   * Paul Poulain: Bug 2060 follow-up DBRev & updatedatabase
18:03 jenkins_koha   * colin.campbell: Bug 6679 Avoid critic failure caused by ambiguous code
18:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
18:03 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, Signed Off , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
18:04 fredericd      I don't understand the requirement of a deb package.
18:05 tcohen         on bug 8519 there's no need for a .deb package
18:05 tcohen         but bug 8773 needs a .deb package so the complete stack is installable via a repo
18:06 tcohen         is that what you where asking?
18:07 fredericd      But for 8519, Mason comment (the last one) seems to ask for a package
18:07 tcohen         yes, I don't agree
18:08 fredericd      ok
18:08 tcohen         but as there is a tacit agreement on having all dependecies packaged
18:08 pastebot       "wajasu" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Koha::Contrib::Tamil deps as a carton tree command reports" (85 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/188
18:08 fredericd      and a deb package isn't that easy since the script itself uses Moose
18:08 tcohen         i mean, that every new dependency should be available...
18:08 fredericd      which is a huge dependency
18:09 fredericd      A consensus on introducing Moose as standard dependency for Koha would help...
18:09 tcohen         right
18:11 tcohen         i know nothing about how to have that consensus
18:11 wajasu         plus the gpl3 discussion
18:11 tcohen         gpl3 would be if we where to put that scripts inside koha tree
18:12 tcohen         instead of external .deb packages
18:12 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @ByWaterSolution: "Finding Source of Acquisition for Items in Koha 3.8 http://t.co/JwGUFIJn #kohails"
18:12 wajasu         right.  you are pursuing an external to koha addon
18:13 wajasu         though we agree it should be a behavior in koha.
18:14 magnuse        jcamins_away: nope, not gluten free but low carb (not any longer, though...)
18:14 tcohen         wajasu, i've already walked that path, without any luck
18:15 tcohen         i just tried to get koha-index-daemon easy to use for the average user
18:16 wajasu         what if we make a non-moose implementation using alot of existing deps.
18:16 tcohen         as i see it there's no real interest on getting this feature into koha right now
18:17 tcohen         maybe once SolR arrives...
18:17 tcohen         take a look at bug 5166 if you have some minutes
18:17 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5166 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED WONTFIX, Reintroduce a zebraqueue daemon, make several rebuild_zebra.pl functions a lib
18:18 wajasu         i can see your frustation.  thrashing with solutions to the problem.
18:19 oleonard       Hmm... OpenDNS says red.ht is a phishing site...
18:20 wajasu         since they are reworking search/indexing and undoing coupled code, they probably aren't encouraging new solutions.
18:22 wajasu         i suggested to jcamins to add a compositeSearch plugin to his search plugin API.  and then one would pick other search plugins to stack or run in parallel or federated)
18:23 wajasu         so if one wanted to have a direct to db search for the biblio or item one just added, could run if the zebra/solr search did not give results.
18:23 wajasu         but was seen as too much maintenence.
18:24 tcohen         we currently "officially" rely on rebuild_zebra.pl to do the incremental indexing
18:24 tcohen         so I thought we could use the exact same code, to properly have a daemon
18:25 tcohen         (also using new sysprefs so there's no mess with switches and such)
18:25 tcohen         it was the same code rebuild_zebra.pl has
18:25 tcohen         as fredericd's daemon emerged as an alternative, i decided that it was enough rebasing for that patches
18:26 tcohen         and we even have official instrucions for setting 'background indexing'
18:26 tcohen         as we where revisiting the docs (with mtompsett) i said to myself
18:26 tcohen         'what the hell, lets do some init scripts to make peoples life easier'
18:27 tcohen         its a pathological behaviour I have
18:27 tcohen         just that
18:29 mtj            tcohen, feel free to change the blocker status on 8519 - i just make a suggestion, thats all
18:29 tcohen         i think it doesn't make any difference
18:30 tcohen         it is not a problem for me
18:35 jcamins_away   wajasu: the problem is no one cares to pay for something like that.
18:36 wajasu         i want it so when i add a bib or item or authority(now), that i can pull it up without waiting.  one day.
18:37 mtj            the trick for 8519 is the split the patch into 2
18:37 mtj            1 patch to remove zeb_daemon.pl, and another patch to add the new indexer
18:38 bag            mtj?
18:38 wahanui        DeM KraZy NutZ!!
18:38 bag            heh
18:38 bag            love it
18:38 cait           mtj: I think there was a problem with the indexer and the license?
18:38 cait           I am not sure what it was exactly, but was discussed in the channel yesterday
18:39 mtj            aaah, gotcha its gpl3, yeah...
18:39 bag            oh yeah mtj BTW it's national talk like a pirate day  (well here)  http://www.talklikeapirate.com/about.html
18:39 cait           mtj: I think rangi said it could live on a separate repo
18:39 cait           because you can use them together but not distribute together with Koha?
18:40 mtj            *nod*
18:40 cait           ... and try and sort things out for 3.12
18:41 mtj            everyday is talk like a pirate day for bigB
18:43 cait           ook
18:44 jcamins_away   wajasu: right, but if implementing that was going to cost tens of thousands of dollars, would it be a high enough priority for you to actually do it?
18:46 jcamins_away   (though it's all completely hypothetical at this point, as the rest of the search code has to be rewritten)
18:49 wajasu         true.
18:51 jcamins_away   Plus, reimplementing search in MySQL really has nothing to recommend it.
18:52 jcamins_away   Much better to continue with integrating the background indexer.
18:54 oleonard       Comparing a Bootstrap header menu with the current one: http://screencast.com/t/sP7JyBYwlc
18:54 jcamins_away   First one is Bootstrap?
18:55 oleonard       Yes
18:55 * jcamins_away could tell because it looked nicer.
18:55 wajasu         i will only be a resource periodically, but now that i know your process in koha, i can jump in and add value where i can.
18:55 * cait         waits for it to load :)
18:55 wajasu         i am lovin the look of the staff client these days :)
18:55 cait           oleonard: nice!
18:56 magnuse        yeah, lookin good!
18:57 wajasu         i wonder if we could get red or light red background color box around the field that are required.  i can't see those red asterisks that well these days. oh and turn it to background blue once data is entered.
18:58 oleonard       Where do you mean wajasu?
18:58 wajasu         adding a biblio.
18:59 wajasu         i import.  then click the tabs and want to be able to see what needs to be filled in.
19:00 magnuse        o/
19:00 wajasu         also if we don't default to an itemtype, maybe we could have a button to the right i can click to make it my primary itemtype(i.e.book) so i don't have to use a drop down.
19:01 jcamins_away   wajasu: the entire bib editor desperately needs an overhaul.
19:01 wajasu         forget what i just said.  let the overhaul deal with it.
19:02 * wajasu       back to overdue_notice bug fixes for html and such.
19:03 jcamins_away   wajasu: I was kind of hoping you were volunteering to do the overhaul...
19:03 jcamins_away   :P
19:03 wajasu         :)
19:04 wajasu         only if folks can agree on our OO strategy
19:06 jcamins_away   wajasu: not Moose.
19:06 wajasu         i want to rewrite the letter/template stuff to use TT.  because i saw that I can redefine the [%  and %]  to  << and >>.  it would be nice to
19:06 jcamins_away   That would be *awesome*.
19:10 wajasu         then if we write a TT provider to grab them from the DB, we can let users write templates stored inthe DB for notices and custom pages/views. and nigrations would be easier if users didn't customized things in the filesystem.
19:10 * wajasu       back to overdue_notice testing.
19:13 wajasu         i hope bug 8687 gets its minor patch soon so I can test it while I have me email hat on.
19:13 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8687 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, Failed QA , Improvements in overdue_notices.pl
19:13 druthb         botsnack cookie
19:14 druthb         wahanui: botsnack cookie
19:14 wahanui        :)
19:14 druthb         there.
19:24 rangi          Morning
19:25 drojf          good morning rangi
19:26 cait           good morning rangi
19:26 wajasu         after searching the catalog, i see details.  it would be nice to have a checkout button that navigated me tothe checkout page with the barcode already filled in the box.
19:27 bag            rangi - it's talk like a pirate day!!!
19:27 wajasu         maybe a link in the holding details barcode area (right under the barcode) "Checkout" or such
19:27 rangi          That was yesterday here
19:27 cait           wajasu: the problem is, for which patron?
19:27 bag            it be today here…
19:28 bag            garsh - to the plank with that land lover rangi
19:28 cait           lol
19:33 tweetbot`      [off] twitter: @kohails: "#kohails  Finding Source of Acquisition for Items in Koha 3.8 http://t.co/C3ExnFcR"
19:44 mtj            aargh, i be yearning to kill thar swabbie tweetbot, arghhh...
19:46 bag            mtj++
19:46 bag            Yarr
19:47 mtj            oleonard++ very nice!
19:55 oleonard       I wonder if there is a T:T option to dump whitespace when outputting HTML
19:55 jcamins_away   oleonard: yes.
19:55 jcamins_away   [%- %]
19:55 jcamins_away   Or [% -%] depending which side you want to dump whitespace on.
19:55 oleonard       I mean globally. All whitespace between tags in a page
19:56 jcamins_away   Ah.
19:56 jcamins_away   I'm not sure.
19:56 mtj            oleonard, like a TT compressor?
19:57 jcamins_away   oleonard: http://template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Config.html#section_PRE_CHOMP_POST_CHOMP
19:58 mtj            oooh, thats nice
20:03 oleonard       Kind of what I was imagining: https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/mod_pagespeed/filter-whitespace-collapse
20:04 jcamins_away   oleonard: how does that differ from setting PRE_CHOMP and POST_CHOMP to 1?
20:05 oleonard       I don't know I didn't try it. Where do you set it?
20:05 rangi          C4::Template
20:07 rangi          oleonard: in the new sub
20:07 oleonard       Found it, thanks
20:07 rangi          bonus points
20:08 rangi          make it a config option
20:08 oleonard       In what sense? A preference?
20:08 rangi          config file option
20:09 rangi          so that when doing dev you can turn it on and off without having to hack perl
20:09 oleonard       Anyway it's apparently not without hazards. Big JS error right off the bat.
20:09 rangi          exactly
20:09 oleonard       I'll have to do some tests to see if and how it improves performance.
20:09 rangi          <pre_chomp>1</pre_chomp>
20:09 rangi          etc
20:09 rangi          in the koha-conf.xml
20:10 rangi          then you could have it on per site too, on shared infrastructure, if you desired
20:10 rangi          see how its done with COMPILE_EXT
20:10 rangi          like that
20:12 mtj            oleonard, yeah - thats exactly what i was imagining too, re: w/s compressor
20:13 rangi          oleonard: you can use + to disable chomping
20:13 rangi          might have to do that for the js bits that need it
20:13 mtj            heya kathryn
20:14 kathryn        hi there mtj :)
20:14 * oleonard     scolds his brain for giving him another project
20:17 kathryn        oh and morning all
20:30 martian523     hi, i'm trying to enter an original marc
20:31 martian523     when it comes to field 100 and 650...etc.  these fields seems to be locked
20:31 martian523     is there a way to unlock them so i can enter the terms manually?
20:32 rangi          faq?
20:32 wahanui        faq is, like, found at http://koha-community.org/documentation/faq/
20:32 oleonard       Bye #koha
20:39 martian523     tried, but still locked
20:40 rangi          you switched it to allow?
20:40 martian523     yes
20:40 rangi          no idea then, that works here
20:40 jcamins_away   Are you sure you actually tried typing in the field?
20:41 jcamins_away   The lock sign does not mean "typing is not allowed." It means "under authority control."
20:41 martian523     ahaha, stupid me, sorry
20:41 jcamins_away   A lot of people get tripped up.
20:42 martian523     thanks
20:42 santy          hi! I was following the ubuntu install guide and when I issued this command "sudo koha-create --create-db catalogocentral" I got an error 1470 saying String 'koha_catalogocentral' is too long for user name (should be no longer than 16)... so I exed the same command with "cc" as the user name.  The problem is, whenever I try to restart koha-common it starts zebra  for both catalogocentral and cc, what should I do?
20:43 jcamins_away   santy: remove catalogocentral.
20:43 jcamins_away   koha-remove catalogocentral
20:43 jcamins_away   You'll get errors. Ignore them.
20:43 santy          I did, to no avail
20:43 jcamins_away   Hm.
20:44 santy          it throws the same user name is too long - error
20:44 jcamins_away   Remove the directory is what I'd do, I think. rm -Ri /etc/koha/sites/catalogocentral
20:44 santy          ok Ill try
20:44 jcamins_away   Also, you should follow the Debian guide.
20:44 jcamins_away   packages?
20:44 wahanui        packages is at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian
20:44 jcamins_away   ^^ follow those instructions
20:46 santy          OK I will
20:53 martian523     is there a way to get a list of lost items?
20:54 cait           martian523: there are lots of ways
20:54 cait           i suggest you make yourself familiar with the built in reports in the reports module
20:55 rangi          !jenkins build Koha_master now
20:55 jenkins_koha   rangi: job Koha_master build scheduled now
20:55 rangi          i think we might get to 0 fails with this build
20:55 jenkins_koha   Starting build #847 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #773 2 mo 17 days ago)
20:55 rangi          we will know in an hour
20:55 rangi          then just this
20:55 rangi          http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_Docs/
20:55 rangi          which has been failing since APRIL!
20:57 dcook          Afternoon/morning #koha
20:58 rangi          hi dcook
20:58 cait           hi dcook
20:59 dcook          hey rangi
20:59 dcook          hey cait
21:01 dcook          Does anyone have time to check if items are actually being created when AcqCreateItem is set to "receiving an order"?
21:01 dcook          I swear that I've tried it in the past, but I'm not getting anything in 3.8+
21:02 cait           dcook: that doesn't sound good
21:02 cait           my 3.8 is not ready right now i think
21:03 cait           did you configure an ACQ framework? do the item forms show up?
21:03 cait           did you use a barcode that already exsited in the database?
21:03 dcook          yeah, the framework is set up and the form shows up
21:03 cait           (there is a bug with that, it will fail silently)
21:03 dcook          Hmm
21:03 dcook          I'm noticing a different javascript error when I click on the barcode field
21:04 dcook          Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'field_value' of undefined
21:05 dcook          The barcode was definitely unique :/
21:06 cait           dcook: is this javascript or from the logs?
21:07 dcook          javascript
21:07 wahanui        somebody said javascript was required for interactions with clicks
21:08 dcook          But now that I look at it, that's for master...
21:08 dcook          My 3.8 doesn't get the error. I'll try a different barcode than the system generated one
21:09 dcook          Actually, I should've articulated myself better from the start
21:09 dcook          It's not just a lack of item creation. The order isn't being received :/.
21:10 dcook          ...
21:10 dcook          And I'm an idiot
21:11 dcook          I was forgetting to hit "Add"
21:11 rangi          heh
21:11 dcook          I thought "Add" was to pop up a second form for a second item
21:11 rangi          could probably go a better error message then?
21:11 rangi          or better wording
21:12 dcook          Mmm, maybe an error message
21:12 dcook          Saying that no items have been received or added to be received
21:12 rangi          yeah
21:14 dcook          I'll post an enh bug report in a minute. Now on to testing the actual thing I wanted to test, lol
21:14 rangi          :)
21:21 rangi          jcamins_away: bug 7475
21:21 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7475 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Option to overlay authorities
21:22 rangi          that should be pushed to master now right?
21:22 rangi          http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=shortlog
21:22 rangi          since it and bug 2060 have been?
21:22 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
21:23 rangi          ok, just went through all the patches pushed last night (nz time) none of them needed in 3.8.x
21:24 cait           dcook: i know exactly how you feel...
21:28 wajasu         note: chris c requested a patch for bug 8378 for 3.8.x that i added 2 days ago.
21:28 huginn         04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8378 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , <fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
21:28 rangi          that chris c guy is a dick
21:30 cait           yeah, and he never shows up on irc
21:35 mveron         Good night #koha
21:35 santy          ok, I started over and followed debians guide on ubuntu precise and arrived to about the same state... now, debians howto does not include the sax parser check procedures, I just checked and it says that it Looks bad... should I follow ubuntuses guide sax instructions anyhow?
21:37 dcook          night mveron
21:38 rangi          http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=12286&action=diff
21:38 rangi          this changes GetPreparedLetter
21:38 rangi          which is used by Reserves, Suggestions, Circ notices, borrower updates
21:38 rangi          and more
21:39 rangi          i dont have time to test this in the 2 days before 3.8.5 is released
21:39 rangi          im holding it for 3.8.6
21:39 rangi          it appears the only testing so far has been on overdues
21:40 santy          to save you time, I edited ParserDetails.ini files now it Looks good.
21:45 santy          following both guides (ubuntuses and debian's) I get to the same state... when I open the web page at port 80 there is the apache it works page.  But no koha interface could it be I didn't set up koha-sites.conf properly?
21:49 cait           santy: what kind of installaton did you do?
21:49 cait           are you using the koha-common packages?
21:49 cait           whch installation manual are you following?
21:49 santy          yes koha-common squeezes
21:50 santy          3.8 on debian... and saxes part of ubuntuses guide
21:50 cait           so did you use the koha-create command?
21:50 cait           to create an instance?
21:51 santy          instance cc is set up, sax looks good, apache it works, but no koha webmin nor opac
21:51 cait           hm
21:51 rangi          sounds like a dns issue
21:52 rangi          and or a hosts one
21:52 santy          ping www.google.com works
21:52 rangi          what is the fqdn of your koha site
21:52 santy          well its an ubuntu installation inside a vm... bridged network adapter
21:53 santy          what should I write into the domain linke of koha-sites.conf for a localhost environ?
21:53 rangi          no
21:53 rangi          dont touch that file
21:53 santy          it actually did not exist
21:53 rangi          look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
21:53 rangi          good
21:53 rangi          it shouldnt
21:54 rangi          there should be a file cc in there
21:54 rangi          edit that one
21:54 santy          so should I delete it again?
21:54 rangi          what? are you making files?
21:54 santy          well, the guide says "To configure your server for use with DNS names: After install, edit /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf with details about your site. You may need to create this file."
21:55 rangi          what guide
21:55 santy          http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu#Ensure_Database_Availability and http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.8_on_Debian_Squeeze
21:56 rangi          oh, you didnt do that before you ran koha-create????
21:56 santy          let me check
21:56 rangi          did you just skip down
21:57 rangi          nothing you change in there now will affect the site you created
21:57 rangi          only new ones
21:57 rangi          so look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
21:57 rangi          and edit the file cc in there
21:59 santy          here is the sequence: sudo nano /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf -> sudo a2enmod rewrite -> sudo apt-get install mysql-server ->  sudo koha-create --create-db cc
22:01 rangi          cool in that case
22:01 rangi          the file you want to edit is in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
22:01 wahanui        Hmm.  No matches for that, rangi.
22:02 jenkins_koha   Project Koha_master build #847: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/847/
22:04 santy          the sites-enabled/cc file looks as if it had been configured using the koha-sites.conf file I edited...
22:05 santy          I think ths the ServerName attribute... I'll just put localhost... I'm just making tests on a LAN environment
22:16 santy          ok, I got the admin interface working, had to edit ports.conf and add NameVirtualHost *:8082 and Listen 8082
22:16 santy          but I'm getting still the apache works page instead of the opac
22:17 cait           you will have to disable the default website maybe
22:17 cait           not sure how the packages normally do that?
22:17 santy          ... oh I think I have to run the webmin installer first right?
22:17 cait           you have to run it first but it should show you a maintenance site for koha
22:18 santy          hmm ok...
22:21 santy          would you recommend me to install the optional things of the Other Data section in the installer for a multicatalog koha installation?
22:24 santy          sorry there are many diverse options, Ill just select the ones that sound ok for us
22:28 santy          ok, good hint... just removed the 000-default file from sites-enabled... restarted apache and now kohas beautiful opac interface shows up as intended!
22:30 cait           :)
22:30 cait           instead of removing the file - you could have used the apache command
22:30 cait           a2dissite
22:31 santy          humm thanks, will have that in mind
22:31 santy          i'll put that in the spanish guide i'm writing
22:33 santy          it just took me 1 and a half our to install ubuntu precise server and koha
22:40 dcook          Morning/afternoon/evening, #koha!
23:37 martian523     i was trying to run circulation statistics and 0 results found
23:37 martian523     but we did checkout books
23:38 martian523     custom reports show there are books being checked out, but not on the circulation statistics
23:46 martian523     as a matter of fact, all reports on statistics wizards have "0" results
23:57 tcohen         a2dissite 000-default
23:57 tcohen         async answer