Time  Nick                 Message
02:53 jan2018500           hello
02:53 jan2018500           people
02:54 jan2018500           can i ask something about koha barcoding
02:54 jan2018500           how can i set up our own barcode in koha?
02:54 mtj                  there are barcode plugins for koha
02:55 jan2018500           in administration ryt there is preferences about catalonging then the say that autobarcode then u can choose not generally automatic and etc...
02:56 jan2018500           so our library make new barcode then how can i set up dat  coz there's a automatic barcode wen i enter my books
02:56 jan2018500           barcode plugins where is that?
02:57 mtj                  disable the auto-barcode syspref?
02:57 jan2018500           then after that?
02:57 mtj                  what do you want to do?
02:58 mtj                  create a new autobarcode format for Koha?
02:58 jan2018500           how?
02:58 mtj                  what do you want to do?
02:58 mtj                  create a new autobarcode format for Koha?
02:59 mtj                  yes, or no?
03:02 mtj                  if you do want to create a new autobarcode format for Koha, here's an example...
03:02 mtj                  http://git.kohaaloha.com/?p=head-dev/.git;a=commitdiff;h=8fdcbb1f4edfdb8a70dfc4f58a06b3dcccb92f8d;hp=0fc7185f4567d6969c5a15f69983931728eac8f5
03:03 jan2018500           thanks sir:)
03:04 mtj                  ...its for a 'branch-code' + '1234' type barcode
03:04 mtj                  it's working well (i put it live has night) :)
03:05 mtj                  but, its still waaaay to much code, i think...
03:05 jan2018500           if u change the autobarcode from not generally automatic its look like this ryt.....ex. 5541 but if u click the generally barcode its look like this...AJA00001
03:07 jan2018500           but u know sir other software like follet they are set up barcode they want. ex.  JLDM000521
03:07 mtj                  well, that depends on what records you have in your system, of course - and your sysprefs too :)
03:07 jan2018500           i see
03:08 mtj                  hope that example helps you...
03:08 jan2018500           so koha they automatically gives up barcode like my library name depends on my library name set up?
03:08 mtj                  yep
03:09 mtj                  my barcode plugin is a 'BRANCH0001' format, etc...
03:11 jan2018500           what about opac dislpaying sir?
03:11 jan2018500           how can we separte
03:14 jan2018500           from other document
03:15 jan2018500           i mean make other site
03:20 mtj                  i dont know that, sorry...
03:26 jan2018500           ok
03:26 jan2018500           thanks
03:29 mtj                  jan2018500: send an email to the koha mailing-list, if you need more help :)
03:29 mtj                  http://koha-community.org/support/koha-mailing-lists/
03:35 jan2018500           thank you sir
03:37 mtj                  jan2018500: what type of barcode format you you have?
03:43 jan2018500           only number sir but if i change from generated branch is like this...AJA0001 AJA IS AIIAS JUNIOR ACADEMY LIKE THAT
04:07 mtj                  sounds like he just needed to change his autoBarcode syspref too 'form 1,2,3,4'... :/
04:07 mtj                  oh , well...
04:36 Oak                  kia ora #koha
04:36 Oak                  mobile cait hi!
04:39 bag                  evening
04:46 Oak                  evening bag
04:46 bag                  heya Oak
05:32 druthb               o/
05:33 bag                  hi ruth
05:33 bag                  whoops druthb
05:33 druthb               hi, bag.
05:33 druthb               Best Boss EVAR.
05:33 bag                  awww thanks
05:34 druthb               Sends me to cool geek-type conferences n stuffs.
05:34 bag                  :D
05:43 Oak                  bag++
05:43 druthb               bag++
05:43 Oak                  :)
05:43 bag                  heh thanks :)
05:43 * druthb             waves to Oak.
05:44 * Oak                waves back happily
05:44 Oak                  what's new druthb ?
05:44 druthb               I'm enjoying http://yapcna.org/conference a whole awful lot.  Amazing geeky people here.
05:46 Oak                  whoa
05:46 Oak                  lucky you!!!
05:46 Oak                  this looks cool
05:48 druthb               It is a great conference.  lots of fun collaborative people.
05:49 druthb               There is a similar conference in Europe...uhm...bag...can i go?  :P
05:50 bag                  not this year ;)
05:50 druthb               ;)
06:22 alex_a               hello !
06:25 drojf                hi alex_a
06:25 cait-m__             helllo
06:25 drojf                good monrning #koha
06:25 drojf                hi cait-m__
06:26 cait-m__             :-)
06:26 alex_a               hello drojf cait-m__
06:26 drojf                so much for sleeping in today, got a raspberry pi delivered pretty early
06:26 alex_a               cait-m__ ?
06:26 wahanui              cait-m__ is ready to give in
06:29 drojf                cait-m__: when is your plane going?
06:30 cait-m__             around 1 pm
06:30 cait-m__             time to pack
06:31 drojf                where do you change? frankfurt?
06:32 * cait               waves
06:34 drojf                hi another cait :)
06:34 cait                 heya
06:35 bag                  heya cait
06:39 reiveune             hello
06:45 cait                 hi reiveune
06:45 reiveune             hi cait :)
06:45 cjh                  from the intranet how can I see the non-public notes on items? The only way I can seem to view them is from the edit->edit items page
06:46 cait                 cjh: in cataloguing or in hte marc view
06:46 cait                 cjh: the problem is that it's not a field in items for non-public notes righ tnow
06:46 cait                 there is a patch in bugzilla to fix that
06:47 cjh                  yeah I noticed it isnt tied to the db, a patch sounds awesome.
06:47 cait                 check for non-public note
06:47 cait                 I am a bit guilty about it being not in yet
06:47 cjh                  why guilty?
06:47 cait                 drojf: sunny weather in edinburgh today...
06:47 cjh                  cait: thanks for the pointer to the patch :)
06:47 cait                 cjh: because I was not happy with the database update
06:47 alex_a               cait: sunny ??
06:47 cait                 cjh: no problem :)
06:48 cait                 alex_a: I swear
06:48 cait                 alex_a: that hot bright thing on the sky we call sun
06:48 cait                 of course... I have to leave today
06:49 alex_a               now we are gone, sun is coming in edinburgh
06:49 alex_a               cait: lol
06:53 drojf                hm then now is the dax to climb arthur's seat. buti'm gone. unfair
06:53 drojf                day
06:57 julian_m             hi
07:05 cait                 drojf: don't think i am climbing that for you!
07:05 matts                hi #koha !
07:05 drojf                cait: oooooh please do :D
07:06 cait                 drojf: nope!
07:06 drojf                bonjour matts
07:06 cait                 hi matts :)
07:06 cait                 with you all gone, it's maybe time to return home
07:06 cait                 why did you all go???
07:06 matts                aren't you home already ?
07:07 cait                 no, flying today at 1:35 pm
07:08 matts                okay
07:08 alex_a               matts: and it's sunny in Edinburgh today !
07:08 matts                ^^
07:11 cait                 it is
07:11 cait                 blue sky
07:17 cait                 matts, alex_a: back at work?
07:18 matts                yep !
07:18 matts                Back to my cats !
07:20 alex_a               cait: yes
07:20 cait                 morning asaurat
07:21 asaurat              good morning!
07:22 drojf                hi asaurat
07:22 mtj                  here's VIM regex Q.... how to change the default '/' separator character, to something else...?
07:23 mtj                  (i've done it recently - but i didnt write the command down anywhere)
07:24 mtj                  ooh, found it : ) -> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Search_and_replace
07:25 mtj                  :s#http://www.example.com/index.html#http://example.com/#
07:26 mtj                  too easy :)  '^' chars seem to works too...
07:27 mtj                  :s^http://www.example.com/index.html^http://example.com/^
07:39 samuel               hi everybody
07:40 cait                 hi samuel
07:49 cait                 hah! I found my airlink bus return ticket :)
08:44 bag                  well evening again
08:44 cait-m__             waves
08:44 bag                  heya cait-m__
08:44 wahanui              i think cait-m__ is ready to give in
08:45 bag                  you on the way home?
08:47 cait-m__             yep
08:47 cait-m__             on bus to airport now
08:48 lamiette             safe travels!
08:48 Oak                  have a safe journey
08:48 cait-m__             thx :-)
08:48 Oak                  don't flatter yourself, we need cookies that's all.
08:48 cait-m__             still sad to leave
08:49 Oak                  aw
08:49 cait-m__             lol
08:49 cait-m__             thx Oak
08:49 mtj                  good luck cait :)
08:50 mtj                  ooh, wifi on teh bus?
08:50 Oak                  *hugs* we must travel. stay for a while somewhere, then return home, then prepare for the next journey. don't be sad.
08:50 cait-m__             yes
08:51 Oak                  may be next time i'll be able to annoy you in person.
08:51 Oak                  hopefully.
08:51 cait-m__             :-)
08:51 Oak                  okay safe travel. talk too much. quiet now.
08:51 cait-m__             that would be nice
08:51 Oak                  :)
08:53 Oak                  "okay safe travel. talk too much. quiet now." == "okay safe travel. I talk too much. I'll be quiet now."
08:54 cait-m__             iit's ok, the bus ride is not that interesting
08:55 Oak                  why not. look out through the window and you will see trees are moving with your bus.
08:55 cait-m__             it's really warm today in edinburgh
08:55 cait-m__             nicest weather so far
08:56 asaurat              cait-m__: are you sure you're still in Edinburgh ??
08:56 asaurat              didn't your hotel move during the night ??
09:07 mtj                  woo, free e2-ish web-hosting at dotcloud.com?!
09:08 mtj                  i just signed-up, looks kinda awesome!
09:24 mveron               Hi everybody #koha
09:24 slef                 hello #koha from #bibliohack
09:28 mveron               Hope everybody had a good  journey from Edinburgh back home...
09:28 asaurat              hi marc
09:29 mveron               hi asaurat
09:30 mveron               hi mbalmer
09:31 mbalmer              hi marc
09:37 mbalmer              back home?
09:48 mveron               mbalmer: ...and swimming in a blister...
09:49 mbalmer              same here...
09:51 mveron               And I have guests from a school in Pakistan in my office, helped them to install LibreOffice
10:01 cait-m__             waves from airport
10:02 mveron               mveron waves back
10:03 cait-m__             :-)
10:27 * mveron             Has to give driving lessons to his daugther
10:38 paul_p               hi cait-m__ from airport !
10:52 cait-m__             hi paul
10:53 cait-m__             my bag got searched first time ever
10:53 cait-m__             must be very suspicious cookies slef gave me
11:40 clrh                 hello all
11:40 clrh                 what is the pseudo for Robin?
11:40 clrh                 (for my information)
11:42 nengard              it begins with an e ....
11:42 nengard              i know that's not helpful
11:42 clrh                 nengard: better to have the begin that nothing ;)
11:43 mtj                  eyt... :)
11:43 clrh                 id_recto
11:43 clrh                 oups
11:44 davidnind            This may help http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/IRC_Regulars
11:45 jcamins_away         eythian. :)
11:51 oleonard             Hi #koha
11:56 jcamins_away         joubu++
11:56 jcamins_away         clrh++
11:58 clrh                 :) jcamins_away feedbacks (and sign off) welcomes
12:00 jcamins_away         clrh: I see one problem with it... it calls C4::Search::buildQuery.
12:00 jcamins_away         Modules in the Koha namespace can't have any dependencies on C4.
12:00 jcamins_away         (other than C4::Context)
12:01 clrh                 but it is for zebra part isn't it?
12:01 jcamins_away         Yes.
12:01 clrh                 work done on ezbra part should be write, feel free to propose things
12:02 clrh                 personnaly, I am not able to do it - I know zeno, juan began something
12:02 clrh                 the patch show that it is possible and boxes must be filled
12:02 jcamins_away         The solr part is also using C4::Biblio and C4::AuthoritiesMarc, I see.
12:03 jcamins_away         Yep. Very exciting progress. :D
12:03 Joubu                hi
12:03 jcamins_away         Hello.
12:03 clrh                 jcamins_away: I understand but if I must rewrite all Koha part to submit something...
12:03 jcamins_away         You just missed me giving you Karma. :)
12:04 clrh                 jcamins_away: I called him because of the discussion :)
12:04 clrh                 I pasted him above
12:05 jcamins_away         :)
12:06 jcamins              Joubu: even though it's not perfect, I think the best thing to do is probably clean all the dependencies out of buildQuery, so we can get the solr code into Koha *now*.
12:06 jcamins              I had looked, and I don't think there are actually that many external dependencies in buildQuery.
12:07 * jcamins            is checking now to confirm.
12:07 clrh                 grep is your friend jcamins ?
12:07 jcamins              clrh: no, with buildQuery I'll actually have to read through the code. :(
12:07 jcamins              If you hear screaming, that's me. ;)
12:08 clrh                 ;)
12:11 jcamins              Yes, the only dependencies are local utility functions, and GetBranchName.
12:14 clrh                 ok
12:14 Joubu                jcamins: unfortunately, there is not only the buildQuery function. The current opac-search.pl has a lot of dumpy dependencies (getRecords, searchResults)
12:18 jcamins              Joubu: eventually all that will need to move, but in terms of the code in Koha::SearchEngine, it looks like buildQuery is the only one that has to be moved immediately.
12:20 Joubu                jcamins: yes you are right, it is the only one (currently ! ;))
12:25 jcamins              What does apply_all_roles do?
12:27 Joubu                it apply all roles :)
12:28 Joubu                it adds a role to an object
12:28 jcamins              Joubu: I gathered it applies all roles, but where exactly do you define it?
12:29 Joubu                jcamins: Where I define the role ?
12:29 jcamins              No, the apply_all_roles routine.
12:30 Joubu                it's a Moose routine
12:30 jcamins              Ohhh!
12:30 Joubu                jcamins: http://search.cpan.org/~doy/Moose-2.0602/lib/Moose/Manual/Roles.pod#ADDING_A_ROLE_TO_AN_OBJECT_INSTANCE
12:30 jcamins              Thanks.
12:30 jcamins              That makes sense now. :)
12:30 jcamins              Oooh!
12:31 * jcamins            likes t::lib::Mocks::Context
12:31 Joubu                :)
12:31 Joubu                very usefull !
12:32 jcamins              And the plan is that opac/search.pl will eventually go away, when Zebra and solr share an API?
12:35 Joubu                opac/search.pl or opac/opac-search.pl :)
12:35 jcamins              Joubu: right. It'd be kind of nice to just have search.pl.
13:22 vkm                  how to send emails via koha
13:22 vkm                  is there any systematic document on that i am using ubuntu
13:23 oleonard             Koha sends emails in various situations by different means vkm. Are you asking about configuring Ubuntu to send email?
13:23 vkm                  yes config on ubuntu
13:24 oleonard             vkm: If the question is "How do I set up Ubuntu to send email" then the answer is best found elsewhere since it's an Ubuntu configuration question.
13:25 vkm                  please let me know what is needed to install on ubuntu and how configure it
13:25 oleonard             vkm: Is this the kind of thing you're looking for? https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/installation-guide/i386/mail-setup.html Because it sounds like your question isn't about Koha per se
13:25 vkm                  but koha users also need to configure it to send auto email for transactions
13:36 gmcharlt             @quote random
13:36 huginn               gmcharlt: Quote #20: "<wizzyrea> you will see no wedgie-ing from me" (added by jdavidb at 03:50 PM, July 31, 2009)
13:36 gmcharlt             such a relief
13:40 oleonard             Hi gmcharlt how's it going?
13:47 gmcharlt             oleonard: not bad; how are you?
13:48 oleonard             Fine. Final testing on this jquery datepicker patch at the moment
13:49 SJeffery             Isn't there an IRC meeting coming up soon?
13:50 oleonard             13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0 according to the wiki
13:52 oleonard             I'm glad you remembered SJeffery, I didn't.
13:52 SJeffery             Yeah, I thought it was coming up but there is usually a mailing list announcement
14:06 SJeffery             Thanks oleonard :)
14:07 nengard              the koha meeting today is while i'm doing a  webinar :(
14:15 marcelr              Joubu: around?
14:19 oleonard             Alright, Bug 8181 ready for testers with endurance.
14:20 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8181 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace DynArch calendar widget with jQueryUI version
14:20 Barrc                Can anyone think why there might be a limit on the number of items a bib can have? I have narrowed it down to bibs with somewhere between 852 and 955 items.....zebra goes a but nuts...
14:23 Joubu                marcelr: yes
14:27 jcamins              Barrc: you have to use rebuild_zebra.pl -b -x -r
14:27 jcamins              (then -b -x -z)
14:27 marcelr              Joubu: I just pasted a large comment in 7167; don't be shocked
14:27 hdl                  Barrc: yep. It goes nutts.
14:28 hdl                  for what it is worth, there is some enhancement we build on rebuild_zebra.
14:29 hdl                  Barrc: see that -l limit in this http://git.biblibre.com/?p=koha;a=blob;f=misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl;h=ee3606df59a2b2c2a1b192a4848f99a418a1fbf4;hb=f424f8fddc725a74c450f384e1f119c6dccd2bdc
14:30 Joubu                marcelr: wow :) Thank you very much !
14:30 marcelr              Joubu: sending mail to dev list also
14:30 jcamins              Barrc: the problem is that the binary MARC format has a limit to the length of the record.
14:30 marcelr              it will hopefullu be not so much work
14:30 jcamins              marcelr: not sure about the syspref.
14:30 marcelr              why?
14:30 Joubu                marcelr: I will have a look asap
14:30 marcelr              dangerous?
14:30 jcamins              Yup.
14:31 marcelr              jcamins: will send a mail to dev, please reply too with your argument; thx
14:31 jcamins              If the consensus on the caching parameters is that they're too dangerous for sysprefs (a consensus I do not agree with, incidentally), this definitely would be!
14:31 jcamins              I will.
14:31 Barrc                jcamins: Yeah, we've been using the -x but only hit this problem recently
14:32 jcamins              I figured I'd tell you I disagreed before I responded that I disagreed. ;)
14:32 jcamins              Barrc: ah. Weird.
14:33 Barrc                hdl: whats the status of this? have you got it running in production? Looks like what I need!
14:33 jcamins              Barrc: there were some improvements to rebuild_zebra.pl recently that should help.
14:34 Barrc                jcamins: yeah, just looking at that now, this site is back on 3.4 with associated tools.....wonder if the improved rebuild script has any later dependencies?
14:34 jcamins              Barrc: shouldn't, no.
14:35 Barrc                sweet - I will grab it and give it go - thanks.
14:36 hdl                  Barrc: It is running in production. don't know why all the ppl donot have the same problem.
14:36 Barrc                hdl: thanks...
14:36 hdl                  Barrc: i don't know whether the problem is coped now with new indexer.
14:40 jcamins              marcelr: I responded.
14:40 jcamins              paul_p: around?
14:42 marcelr              jcamins: thx; your argument on normal mode makes sense
14:42 marcelr              (not speaking about other valid things..) :-)
14:42 Barrc                hdl: does this script just put a limit on items? That is, say the bib has 1500 items and the script it build with an item limit of 850, are the remaining items ignored?
14:43 hdl                  yap.
14:44 Barrc                OK - looks like I've some bib splitting to do!
14:44 hdl                  Because in fact only the 30 first items are shown.
14:44 Barrc                on the detail screen?
14:44 hdl                  Not on detail screen but in search screen.
14:45 jcamins              hdl: didn't BibLibre have a patch that fixes the problem without truncating the items at 30?
14:45 hdl                  And getting 950 items on detail screen is also not really handy. We added some datatables on detail page for that.
14:45 jcamins              I thought I signed off on one.
14:45 Barrc                right, similar problem I suppose, (in that I get no hits on that screen - however, the items do show on the details screen - sometimes!).
14:46 Barrc                hdl: No, its not ideal.....
14:47 hdl                  Barrc: or you could use zebrasrv with some magic parameter I have forgotten.
14:47 hdl                  and use -x in order to index the whole record.
14:48 Barrc                yeah, using -x already..... might try the limit to check it out anyway
14:49 jcamins              Joubu: did you have a plan for how you wanted to handle SearchAuthorities vs. SimpleSearch in Koha::SearchEngine?
14:53 Joubu                jcamins: I don't know if I understand your question. But to request Solr, if you want searching for authority or biblio, you just specify the recordtype like : recordtype:biblio or recordtype:authority :)
14:54 jcamins              Joubu: they have completely different method signatures.
14:54 Joubu                in opac/search.pl, if user enter "home", the search become: recordtype:biblio AND home
14:54 jcamins              (which they then turn into queries that go to the same search engine)
14:55 jcamins              You know, I think we should use the indexing configuration thing for Zebra, too, and stop using CCL.
14:56 jcamins              (one day...)
14:56 clrh                 matts asking me what is the "database using for tests" - which one do you use you?
14:57 clrh                 jenkins use wich one? sql used in installer ?
14:57 jcamins              clrh: I think jenkins uses a database with all the sample data.
14:57 clrh                 where can I grab it?
14:57 clrh                 ok sample data in installer/*
14:58 jcamins              Yup.
14:58 jcamins              I think.
14:58 jcamins              Joubu: any chance we could persuade you to add a little bit about Test::Mock in the unit tests page on the wiki?
15:00 Joubu                jcamins: Yes, I add this on my todo list ;)
15:01 jcamins              :)
15:01 Joubu                jcamins: I don't know if I answered to your previous question
15:02 hdl                  jcamins: the SimpleSearch Joubu referenced in what he said is complete rewrite of SimpleSearch... And is used in our rewrite both for Authorities AND biblios.
15:02 jcamins              Joubu: I figured you were trying to think of an answer.
15:03 jcamins              hdl: so the plan is to change the method signature, and simply not use SearchAuthorities?
15:03 hdl                  No more SearchAuthorities.
15:03 hdl                  is the plan.
15:04 hdl                  and has been done in our dev/solr branch
15:04 jcamins              Woohoo!
15:04 jcamins              no_more_searchauthorities++
15:05 jcamins              (though the new search routine should allow for unambiguous searches in the same way that SearchAuthorities did)
15:06 Joubu                I'm going to try to catch my train.
15:06 Joubu                ++
15:06 jcamins              Good luck!
15:34 reiveune             bye
15:35 jcamins              Is anyone with a 3.8.1 installation around?
16:42 jcamins              chris_n: around?
16:44 chris_n              jcamins: stuffing my face atm :-)
16:44 jcamins              chris_n: ah, good idea.
16:45 chris_n              however, I can type and eat at the same time
16:47 * jcamins            was wondering if MFHD had scared you away from a datatables/jeditable MARC editor. ;)
16:52 chris_n              right now the schedule is what's holding me back
16:52 chris_n              but that's an old tune
16:56 jcamins              chris_n: it is indeed.
16:57 * chris_n            is trying to get a new xs module wrapped up
16:57 chris_n              along with wearing a zillion hats which have little to do with coding :)
16:58 jcamins              What's the new XS module for?
16:58 cait-m__             waves
16:58 * jcamins            already asked, but also already forgot.
16:58 * jcamins            waves back.
16:59 SJeffery             It sounds like it needs a more descriptive module name!
17:07 drojf                hey cait-m__ where are you?
17:07 drojf                home?
17:07 wahanui              well, home is fine
17:11 drojf                meeting is in an hour, right?
17:14 magnuse              http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting,_13_June_2012
17:14 magnuse              drojf: looks like it
17:14 wahanui              rumour has it looks like it is a replicate of /usr/share/koha/misc
17:14 magnuse              sure, wahanui :-)
17:14 wahanui              magnuse: i'm not following you...
17:14 magnuse              oh you're not, are you?
17:15 drojf                :D
17:15 jcamins              magnuse: are you doing an imitation of slef?
17:19 drojf                wasn't there supposed to be a bid for kohacon 2013 in mexico?
17:20 jcamins              Hey, wizzyrea, a couple of the other NEKLS-ans, and I were talking about client-side record display using AJAX. Retrieve the MARCXML using opac-export, then process the DOM using jQuery.
17:21 jcamins              (or not via AJAX, with the MARCXML embedded directly into the page)
17:22 jcamins              magnuse: thoughts?
17:34 oleonard-away        jcamins: I've done something like that before
17:35 * oleonard           tries to remember where and how
17:35 jcamins              oleonard: how did it work? I'm using http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/JQuery_Library#Add_a_link_to_map_the_publisher.27s_location but there's a lot more one could do.
17:36 chris_n              jcamins: it provides a binding to the USPS intelligent mail barcode library
17:37 dpavlin              if I'm not seriously mistaken next talk on YAPC::NA is about CHI http://ics.webcast.uwex.edu/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=b503ecb42c18452a9f4a95b7372648711d http://act.yapcna.org/2012/talk/110
17:37 jcamins              chris_n: ah, yes. Sorry, I think this is the third time I asked you.
17:37 jcamins              Ooh!
17:37 oleonard             jcamins: Oh yeah I remember, I used unapi
17:37 * jcamins            will tell his spy at YAPC to attend.
17:38 jcamins              His spy at YAPC is busy.
17:38 chris_n              you mean I have to bow to bill in order to watch that stream?
17:39 chris_n              it prompts to install Silverlight
17:39 jcamins              Oh, it's online. And was an hour ago.
17:39 chris_n              interesting that perl folks would be using non-open source streaming services
17:39 * jcamins            will watch it himself, later.
17:40 * dpavlin            dosn't have video -- Linux and silverlight are never good combination. Good for IRC meething, bad for CHI :-)
17:42 jcamins              dpavlin: CHI is very cool.
17:42 * jcamins            looks forward to having the opportunity to make Koha take more advantage of it.
17:43 SJeffery             jcamins: Is there anything you are not working on?
17:45 jcamins              SJeffery: uhhh...
17:45 jcamins              I was going to say "authentication," but I just decided yesterday to do some poking at that.
17:45 * jcamins            has decided not to use username/password for authenticating to his sandboxes.
17:45 jcamins              SJeffery: ooh! But I'm not doing any work relating to patrons in Koha.
17:45 jcamins              (other than authentication)
17:46 SJeffery             Give it a week
17:46 SJeffery             I am confident in your ability to find something
17:46 dpavlin              jcamins: so far I lerned that sessions should go into CGI, as well as TT cache :-)
17:47 Brooke               o/
17:53 magnuse              jcamins: as long as you can be sure it works on all sorts of devices, down to mobile phones...
17:55 magnuse              kyleh around? i owe you a reward for saving soo many kittehs!
17:57 jcamins              dpavlin: why would sessions go into TT?
17:57 dpavlin              jcamins: sorry, I ment that both sessions and TT cache should go into CHI.
17:58 jcamins              magnuse: well, this is actually the problem... random passwords are hard to remember and type into non-hardware keyboards.
17:59 * dpavlin            ponders about replacing all our caching with CHI... might be good way to flush our at least part of API for our future data accessors :-)
17:59 jcamins              dpavlin: see bug 8092.
17:59 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8092 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Koha should use CHI caching framework
17:59 jcamins              No.
17:59 jcamins              Bug 8029?
17:59 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8029 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, RESOLVED INVALID, Allow ExtendedPatronAttributes to *not* be searched when enabled.
17:59 jcamins              No.
17:59 jcamins              Bug 8090?
17:59 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8090 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , item links should have descriptive text
17:59 jcamins              @query cache
17:59 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=3686 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Hold slips sometimes don't print barcode
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5217 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , INSTALL.ubuntu Packages/CPAN notes out of date for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid)
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6172 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Zebra not indexed Unimarc-records
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8148 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , ldap authentication should FAIL if ldap contains NEW password, and user types the PREVIOUS password
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7177 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, dpavlin, ASSIGNED , memoize more function calls to speed up Koha
18:00 jcamins              Ummm...
18:00 jcamins              @query Koha::Cache
18:00 Brooke               tick tock
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=1918 enhancement, P3, ---, dpavlin, In Discussion , Minify JavaScript and CSS
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8089 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Use Koha::Cache everywhere
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7248 enhancement, P3, ---, chrish, Pushed to Master , Caching for services
18:00 huginn               jcamins: 04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8092 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Koha should use CHI caching framework
18:00 jcamins              Bug 8089.
18:00 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=8089 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Use Koha::Cache everywhere
18:00 jcamins              (but don't use that patch, as I want to do a new one that's better)
18:00 dpavlin              Yap, I noticed Koha::Cache landed in master, that's *WHY* I'm watching CHI talk :-)
18:01 Brooke               @startmeeting
18:01 huginn               Brooke: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
18:02 Brooke               #startmeeting
18:02 wahanui              if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:02 huginn               Meeting started Wed Jun 13 18:01:30 2012 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:02 huginn               Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:02 Brooke               Hi and welcome to the Koha Community Meeting
18:02 Brooke               please use #info to introduce yourselves
18:03 mveron               Hi everybody :-)
18:03 mveron               #info Marc VĂ©ron, marc veron ag, Allschwil, Switzerland
18:03 Brooke               #topic Introductions
18:03 wahanui              #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:03 drojf1               #info Mirko Tietgen, Language centre @ HU Berlin, Germany
18:03 magnuse              #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
18:03 cait-m__             #info katrin fischer
18:03 jwagner              #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:03 jcamins              #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
18:03 sekjal               #info Ian Walls, 3.10 QA Manager
18:03 oleonard             #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
18:03 cait-m__             on bus
18:04 * magnuse            mentions in passing that Libriotech is 3 years old today - yay!
18:04 mglavica             #info Marijana Glavica, FFZG, Croatia
18:04 cait-m__             yay
18:04 drojf1               magnuse: congrats
18:04 mveron               Greetings from Marc Balmer, he is travelling today and can not attend the meeting
18:04 dpavlin              #info Dobrica Pavlinusic, FFZG, Croatia
18:05 cait-m__             lurking still travelling
18:06 magnuse              probably lots of people traveling today?
18:06 Brooke               a yep
18:06 cait-m__             rangi is too but most people are home i think
18:06 Brooke               #topic Roadmap to 3.4
18:07 Brooke               any comments here?
18:07 cait-m__             eol?
18:07 * oleonard           would think so
18:08 Brooke               we might want to hold off killing it with fire til next meeting since the last time I tried folks were like "noooooooooo my 3.4"
18:08 oleonard             Agenda: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting,_13_June_2012#Agenda
18:09 jcamins              Brooke: there is no one maintaining 3.4, so it is de facto end of life.
18:09 Brooke               but I'm thinking warn the listserv
18:09 Brooke               one lasssst tim
18:09 Brooke               e
18:09 cait-m__             nods
18:09 cait-m__             dead
18:09 cait-m__             dort
18:09 Brooke               #topic Roadmap to 3.6
18:10 cait-m__             ,grrr sorry for bad typing
18:10 jcamins              3.6.6 should be released around June 23.
18:11 jcamins              #info The 3.6.x-maint/testing branch contains all candidates for inclusion in 3.6.x. If any patches cause problems, they will not be included in a stable release.
18:11 jcamins              #info Patches pushed to master on or before May 15 are eligible for inclusion in 3.6.6.
18:11 jcamins              #info I expect to push those patches that will be in 3.6.6 to the 3.6.x branch over the weekend.
18:12 jcamins              That's really it, I think.
18:12 jcamins              Any questions?
18:13 jcamins              Oh!
18:13 magnuse              eythian has been working on getting 3.6.x a.k.a old-stable into the official repo?
18:13 jcamins              #info 3.6.x packages are available at debian.koha-community.org/koha in the 'oldstable' distribution.
18:13 magnuse              ah, thanks
18:13 cait-m__             can you consider 2 patches for acq?
18:13 cait-m__             tt fixes
18:14 jcamins              cait-m__: provided they are pushed to master prior to 15 June and seem inoffensive, yes.
18:14 chris_n              #info Chris Nighswonger, FBC
18:15 jcamins              Any other questions?
18:16 Brooke               seeing none moving on
18:16 * chris_n            notes that 3.4.x is defacto eol unless someone screams really loudly
18:16 Brooke               #topic Roadmap to 3.8
18:17 Brooke               anyone have marching orders from Chris?
18:18 cait-m__             home now
18:18 Brooke               #topic Roadmap to 3.10
18:19 Brooke               take it away Paul
18:19 cait                 oh that feels better
18:19 * oleonard           thinks we should start scheduling meetings around people's schedules
18:20 Brooke               would be nice
18:20 jcamins              3.8.2 should be coming out on schedule, I think.
18:20 cait                 I think so too, haven't heard otherwise :)
18:23 * chris_n            drops a pin :)
18:23 oleonard             So, uh....
18:23 cait                 next topic?
18:24 Brooke               #topic KohaCon12
18:24 Brooke               it was awesome from what I saw, yes?
18:24 oleonard             I move that we adjourn and reschedule
18:24 Brooke               I have stuff to lock down, so I'd rather not.
18:25 drojf                kohacon was awesome indeed
18:25 cait                 not so fair making decisions with only a few people
18:25 cait                 perhaps a few days later?
18:25 cait                 but perhaps we are enough, missed the introductions
18:26 chris_n              or at least defer new business until next meeting?
18:26 Brooke               ok fine by me
18:26 Brooke               when's the next meeting
18:26 Brooke               I will say that this sucks for conference planning
18:26 Brooke               and that I really wanted to lock that down last meeting
18:27 Brooke               and now I get to wait another month with no real need to do so
18:27 oleonard             What can we lock down?
18:27 magnuse              the final date for bidding a schedule for voting?
18:27 magnuse              s/a/and/
18:27 Brooke               I just want to close the bids in two weeksish so we can have a proper vote on whoever puts in for it
18:28 Brooke               we haven't even solidified the slate
18:28 drojf                say bids allowed until end of month, would be fair enough?
18:28 oleonard             What is the slate to which you refer Brooke?
18:28 cait                 and mail to the mailing list abou tit
18:28 cait                 maybe the blog too
18:29 Brooke               http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon2013
18:29 Brooke               #info Make sure you put your bid up at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon2013
18:29 rhcl                 #info rhcl=Rolling Hills Consolidated Library - sorry for late checkin
18:30 drojf                dpavlin mglavica what's with croatia? you wrote to the ml a while ago
18:30 Brooke               I know there was interest on list that never translated to the wiki, and I've been pulling teeth for a couple months about it
18:30 mglavica             yes, we wrote
18:30 mglavica             but we would like to go somwhere else, also :)
18:30 drojf                heh
18:30 dpavlin              It would benefit us to visit one more KohaCon to get idea what it takes to make it happend.
18:31 Brooke               ah okay
18:31 dpavlin              and we still have a problem about two Europe Cons in the row :-)
18:31 mglavica             well maybe we are lazy
18:31 Brooke               so that's one accounted for
18:31 ASUSunDevil          Hello all, I have an implementation of Koha 3.8 running, thank to the help I recieved here. I am running into an issue. In the Global System Preferenes for cataloging, I have the "DefaultClassificationSource" set to Library of Congress Classification. Also, I have set the "itemcall number" to "050ab" to use the LCC. However, when importing a record from the LCC in the z3950 search, on the import
18:31 ASUSunDevil          page (tab 9), the "Source of Classification or Shelving Scheme" still defaults to dewey decimal and we have to manually change it and enter the LC information. Is this a bug or is there a trick to getting this to default to L of C?
18:31 oleonard             ASUSunDevil: We're in the middle of a meeting
18:31 drojf                ASUSunDevil: there is a meeting going on, maybe in half an hour?
18:31 ASUSunDevil          sorry...will return
18:32 jcamins              ASUSunDevil: there is a meeting going on right now. If you ask your question in about half an hour or forty-five minutes, people might be able to help.
18:32 jcamins              Whoops.
18:32 jcamins              Sorry.
18:32 jcamins              I was third to say that.
18:32 Brooke               shouldn't take a half hour
18:33 Brooke               but I will say #help think about things related to bug squashing
18:33 Brooke               so here's what I'm going to propose a la Owen
18:33 Brooke               we shuffle all the stuff that's on the wiki til next meeting
18:33 Brooke               and I send a final warning out to bid now or forever hold your peace to the listserv
18:33 Brooke               anything else before we take off?
18:34 magnuse              should we set dates for bidding and voting?
18:34 magnuse              bidding has been open a loong time, hasnt it? we could close it in 2 or 4 weeks and having voting 1 week after that or something?
18:35 magnuse              s/having/have/
18:35 oleonard             I agree with the suggestion to end bidding at the end of the month
18:35 jcamins              I'd say 2 weeks is plenty.
18:35 Brooke               I was thinking 2 weeks to close the slate and 2 weeks to vote
18:35 jcamins              Bidding was opened...
18:35 Brooke               Marchish
18:36 jcamins              February?
18:36 jcamins              March.
18:36 jcamins              Whatever.
18:36 wahanui              whatever is most appropriate for the situation.
18:36 oleonard             Brooke: Open vote in 2 weeks or hold voting open for 2 weeks?
18:36 Brooke               both
18:37 oleonard             +1 from me on Brooke's proposal
18:37 magnuse              +1
18:37 dpavlin              +1
18:37 mveron               +1
18:37 mglavica             +1
18:37 cait                  0
18:37 jcamins              +1
18:37 dpavlin              cait: ?
18:37 drojf                +1
18:37 * cait               would like the voting time to be a little bit longer but have no real problem with the proposal :)
18:38 * dpavlin            makes sense, but it helps conference organizers to know whether they have to do it or not ASAP :-)
18:38 cait                 yep
18:39 cait                 so I think decision made?
18:39 Brooke               looks like
18:39 magnuse              yay!
18:39 oleonard             Who set up the voting last time around?
18:39 drojf                i think the time is alright. nag people on the mailing list twice during that time maybe
18:39 magnuse              oleonard: nengard
18:39 wahanui              hmmm... nengard is fast
18:39 Brooke               #info the bid slate will finalise in 2 weeks. Voting will be open for 2 weeks.
18:39 nengard              hello
18:39 nengard              Yes I will set up the vote
18:40 Brooke               awesome, thanks :)
18:40 Brooke               nengard++
18:40 nengard              But I missed the beginning of the meeting so please point me to where the final choices are
18:40 Brooke               drojf: are you willing to do the nagging 2ce?
18:40 Brooke               they aren't yet
18:40 drojf                Brooke: yes i try to remember
18:40 Brooke               they'll be on the wiki in 2 weeks' time
18:40 oleonard             http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon2013
18:41 Brooke               #action drojf or someone else will try and nag about Conference bidding 2 times in the coming weeks
18:41 nengard              #info Nicole C. Engard, ByWater Solutions
18:41 Brooke               there's a lot of good stuff on the agenda about bug signoffs, please look at it
18:43 Brooke               how does 18 July sound for next meeting?
18:44 sekjal               +1
18:44 oleonard             +1
18:44 chris_n              +1
18:45 drojf                +1
18:45 cait                 +1
18:45 Brooke               it will be at everyone's favourite 2 UTC
18:45 drojf                meh
18:46 Brooke               #agreed next meeting is at 2 UTC 18 July
18:46 Brooke               #endmeeting
18:46 huginn               Meeting ended Wed Jun 13 18:45:44 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
18:46 huginn               Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community.org/2012/koha.2012-06-13-18.01.html
18:46 huginn               Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community.org/2012/koha.2012-06-13-18.01.txt
18:46 huginn               Log:            http://meetings.koha-community.org/2012/koha.2012-06-13-18.01.log.html
18:47 * Oak                waves
18:51 mveron               Good night everybody :-)
18:52 cait                 good night mveron :)
18:52 cait                 oh, too slow and window scrolling broken again
18:56 jcamins              02:00 UTC.
18:57 jcamins              Wait... shouldn't it be at 10:00 UTC?
18:57 jcamins              (as oleonard wrote)
18:57 Brooke               it's 2
18:57 Brooke               goes 18
18:57 Brooke                2
18:57 Brooke               10
18:58 jcamins              Okay, not 18, 10, 2.
18:58 Brooke               http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Meeting_Starting_Times
18:58 oleonard             Did I write the wrong time in my message?
18:58 Brooke               nope, 18, 10, 2 would make sense
18:58 Brooke               therefore we must not do that
18:58 Brooke               yep
19:00 cait                 I know it should be the midday one
19:00 cait                 because the one before that meeting was the eew too early one
19:00 cait                 if that makes any sense ;)
19:01 cait                 if it's 3 am again, we got it wrong
19:01 * cait               wanders off to take a long hot shower
19:01 * jcamins            is now confused.
19:01 cait                 at least one good thing about being finally home :)
19:01 jcamins              Someone else can e-mail the list to clarify that I actually was wrong about the time.
19:01 drojf                10 looks right from the wiki?!
19:01 cait                 jcamins: perhaps check the meeting logs for the last meeting?
19:02 jcamins              cait: now I'm too confused to figure it out. :P
19:02 drojf                2-18-10. we had 18 now
19:03 cait                 drojf: 2 is the ew one, right?
19:03 drojf                yep
19:03 jcamins              drojf: would you e-mail the list saying "Jared is mistaken, the meeting will be at 10:00 UTC+0"?
19:03 cait                 meaning the one that is too early in the morning for any working european
19:04 cait                 heh
19:04 drojf                cait: 2 utc right now should be 0:00 here
19:04 cait                 let's confuse everyone :)
19:04 jcamins              cait: I know! Let's announce the meeting is at every possible slot on that day!
19:05 oleonard             24-hour meeting, votes ever hour, day-end averages win.
19:05 Brooke               heh
19:05 jcamins              oleonard: yeah! That'd be great fun!
19:05 * magnuse            wanders off
19:05 drojf                i see
19:05 drojf                2 May 2012 at 02:00 UTC+0
19:05 drojf                13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
19:05 drojf                18 july 2012 at 10 UTC+0
19:05 Brooke               I had a 17ish hour Fraternity meeting once
19:05 Brooke               good times.
19:06 cait                 drojf++ :)
19:07 Oak                  me go now. later.
19:07 oleonard             For whom is 2:00 UTC+0 a good meeting time?
19:08 drojf                i wrote about 10 utc to the list now
19:08 drojf                please let's change it again ;)
19:08 drojf                2 utc is bad for all europe
19:09 drojf                probably good for us?
19:09 drojf                US, not us
19:09 jcamins              drojf: bad for the US, too.
19:09 drojf                oh
19:09 drojf                ok
19:09 drojf                then i dont know
19:09 jcamins              I've had to rearrange my schedule to make a few of those.
19:10 jcamins              (not that I ever make the 10 UTC meetings, of course)
19:10 davidnind            See http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Meeting_Starting_Times for some examples, good for New Zealand (3PM)!
19:11 cait                 and india maybe?
19:11 drojf                depending on my mood, 2 utc (12 at night) is better than 10 utc (8 in the morning)
19:11 oleonard             With all due respect to India, I don't believe they've been well-represented even in that time slot
19:11 chris_n              logs?
19:11 wahanui              logs is http://irc.koha-community.org/irclog/koha/
19:12 cait                 oleonard: I know
19:12 cait                 I was for killing tha tmeeting time...
19:12 cait                 always
19:12 * cait               is mean
19:12 cait                 but there is never much attendance
19:13 chris_n              confusion--
19:13 * chris_n            won't be there :-)
19:14 * jcamins            probably won't be there either way.
19:15 drojf                they will postpone everything again because nobody is there
19:15 drojf                we should have a kohacon each month
19:15 drojf                and someone to pay for it
19:15 jcamins              I move that people sign off on everything they can.
19:15 jcamins              And encourage others to do the same.
19:16 * cait               seconds drojf's suggestion
19:16 oleonard             I move that kittens are cute, fudge is tasty, and Koha is great.
19:17 cait                 accepted
19:18 drojf                i still calculate one hour back when looking at the time on my notebook. edinbugh feeling
19:21 * jcamins            wonders why someone just did a blog post about install Koha on Ubuntu with the instructions to install Jaunty.
19:21 oleonard             Where's that?
19:22 drojf                really old ubuntu
19:23 drojf                they up the first letter for every release name, jaunty is "j", i think they are at "p" now
19:23 jcamins              [off] oleonard: http://clean-clouds.com/2011/12/22/open-source-ils-installation-guide-for-koha-on-ubuntu-10-04-lts-with-mysql-5/
19:23 jcamins              The instructions will work for 10.04 (Lucid) only.
19:24 jcamins              Actually, I guess they'll work for later versions too, but you shouldn't use CPAN for 10.10 or later.
19:25 drojf                oh i can't read. i thought oleonard asked "what's that" :/ still tired
19:25 jcamins              *installing Koha
19:25 jcamins              You know, I think maybe it's about time for me to call it a day.
19:26 jcamins              Splitting headache, and I can't type. :(
19:28 drojf                hm i dont get it. so meeting is at 2 utc now even though that was the time for last meeting?
19:29 drojf                we agreed on a day, nobody voted for the time, so why not use the one that would have its turn now?
19:56 chris_n              drojf: seems that 1000 UTC should be next in rotation
19:57 cait                 chris_n: no, drojf is right
19:58 cait                 the meeting before today was the early time, it's wrong to do that again
19:58 cait                 and it will basically kill another meeting with lack of attendance
19:59 chris_n              cait: are we sure that 0200 is, indeed, next in the order of rotation?
19:59 chris_n              was the 2 may meeting @ 0200?
20:00 cait                 drojf listed the last meeting times
20:00 chris_n              if so, wouldn't that make the next @ 1000
20:00 cait                 from that I think next is 10 and I remember not being at the last one because of the evil time
20:00 chris_n              right, I was saying that I think the next is 1000
20:00 chris_n              not 0200
20:00 chris_n              even though the vote went for 0200
20:01 chris_n              so I was simply correcting based on the vote, not what I think myself :-)
20:01 * chris_n            will probably never be present for 0200 meetings anyway :-P
20:02 wajasu               fyi, here is sed one-liner that grabs the desired XML parser and places it at the end if the file -> sed -i -n -e '/XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser/,/./!p' -e '/XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser/,/./H;$!d' -e '$x;p' /etc/perl/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini
20:02 cait                 chris_n: exactly my argument ;)
20:03 * chris_n            concurs 100%
20:04 chris_n              that was easy :-)
20:45 mbalmer              good evening
20:49 SJeffery             What is the name for one of those rectangles you get with an invalid character (character that could not display)?
20:50 jeff                 that's the "I [] UNICODE" character.
20:50 jeff                 actually, it's known as the "replacement character", and is often seen as the black diamond with a question mark, except on windows systems where it's the grey dashed box.
20:52 jeff                 (either because windows does not support/usr the unicode replacement character, or because its representation of U+FFFD mimics an earlier/existing windows convention for 'undisplayable', I do not know.
20:52 jeff                 )
20:54 SJeffery             What I am running into is that pasting text that contains that into the 520 field and then saving the record gives an immediate 500 error and causes the record not to save...it does not look like it is a reported bug as far as I can tell?
20:55 SJeffery             It looks similar to 2916 but I can't really tell?
20:56 mbalmer              isn't 0xFD special character in marc reords?
20:57 SJeffery             No clue...
20:59 mbalmer              I dunno what Koha does underneath, but FD ia Marc record has a special meaning.  but I m not sure if that causes the prob.
21:00 jcamins              SJeffery: do you know what the invalid character was supposed to be?
21:01 SJeffery             It is something copied from an OCR's pdf...so it was originally a -, but what it OCR's as is unknown.
21:01 SJeffery             But even if Koha does not recognize the character it should not be putting out a 500 error
21:02 jcamins              Yeah, I had a feeling it was an em dash.
21:02 SJeffery             This is driving our analytics catalogers batty :)
21:03 jcamins              I'd report a new bug, and try to get the server logs from when that happened.
21:04 jcamins              It is not the same as bug 2916.
21:04 huginn               04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2916 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Invalid characters may be successfully entered ( or imported) in Koha bibs that cause fatal xml parser errors
21:06 jcamins              A possible workaround may be copying the text into Microsoft Word, saving the Word file, and then copying out of Word.
21:07 jcamins              I'm not sure that will work, but I think I'd give you even odds on it.
21:08 jcamins              (OpenOffice/LibreOffice will probably not do it, because they don't mess with your text)
21:08 SJeffery             Yeah, we have tried that and it does not work. Notepad does not either. I have yet to find a way to get around it, grr.
21:10 jcamins              SJeffery: darn. And here I thought that I was the only person who would have had the misfortune to learn that trick.
21:10 jcamins              SJeffery: I'd file a bug.
21:12 wajasu               if you are under linux you might use the   od -x -c OCRedfile to see what code it is and mention that in the bug.
21:12 SJeffery             Yeah. I submitted it to our host so that we can get the server logs...they should post the bug with the logs.
21:12 SJeffery             Sadly, I am in a corporate environment with IE, which just makes it worse!
21:13 wajasu               or attach the OCRedfile.
21:13 wajasu               or pastebin it and reference it inthe bug
21:14 SJeffery             I attached the pdf
21:16 wajasu               but what the ocr software generates is important to know what the binary code being input is. and to recreate the bug.
21:17 SJeffery             Yeah. I figured it was better to include the original pdf that we are copying from, that way I can't screw it up, hehe
22:04 jcamins              @later tell cait Something for you to test: bug 7943.
22:04 huginn               jcamins: The operation succeeded.
22:22 jcamins              Does anyone have a preferred set of a dozen sample authority records?
22:26 jcamins              Did I forget to include a test plan?
22:26 jcamins              I did.
22:26 jcamins              I forgot to include a test plan.
22:27 * jcamins            writes a test plan.
23:28 jcamins              @later tell cait If you want, you can test 6720, too.
23:28 huginn               jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:30 jcamins              @later tell cait Since that won't be enough to keep you busy, I also recommend bug 8206.
23:30 huginn               jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:32 jcamins              @later tell cait Another nice authority-related patch for signoff: bug 8205.
23:32 huginn               jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:37 YoungPublicLibrarian Hello everyone, I need some help with the staff side card catalog. I want to search for new acquisitions from 05-01-2012 to current date. Is there a way to do so?
23:39 jcamins              @later tell dpavlin If you could take a look at bug 8221, I'd be grateful. I have no idea how to track down the problem.
23:39 huginn               jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:39 jcamins              YoungPublicLibrarian: there is a report that will do something that like that.
23:39 jcamins              reports library/
23:39 jcamins              reports library?
23:39 wahanui              reports library is found at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library
23:54 YoungPublicLibrarian Thank you Jcamins!!