Time  Nick              Message
00:10 rangi             mveron++
00:10 rangi             looks good
00:11 mveron            rangi: Thanks. It took some time to figure it out but I learned a lot about koha :-)
00:21 ky                Hi, I'm a newcomer to using Koha, to catalog my organisations various technical libraries. I have generated a batch of MARC records from various institutions using Z39.50 and imported these records into Koha using the record import tool. On completion of import, I am able to click on the bibilo records and view them correctly. However, reading through the documentation, on clicking on the "Cataloguing' link to addbooks.pl, Should be able to see the impor
00:21 ky                ted records in the "reservoir"?
00:24 rangi             not if you imported them fully into your catalogue
00:24 rangi             the reservoir is where they sit until they are added to the catalogue
00:24 rangi             so if you just stage them (in the web interface)
00:24 rangi             or do some z3950 searches in the web interface, they will end up in the reservoir
00:25 ky                I see, thank you.
00:25 rangi             if you use bulkmarcimport.pl from the command line, or stage and then complete in the web, they end up in the catalogue proper
00:25 ky                From the catalog search interface, is there a way to search for all records?
00:25 rangi             nope
00:25 rangi             but you can from reports
00:25 rangi             depending on your records (if they are english)
00:25 rangi             searching on a
00:25 rangi             as keyword
00:25 rangi             will most likely get all
00:26 rangi             (theres usually an a at least somewhere in a marc record :))
00:26 rangi             or
00:26 ky                Nice, that works
00:26 ky                Is there a simple way to delete all the records so I can start again?
00:27 rangi             you have access to the commandline?
00:27 ky                yes
00:27 rangi             in misc/migration_tools/
00:27 rangi             there is a script bulkmarcimport.pl
00:27 rangi             running it with -d
00:27 rangi             will delete all records
00:29 ky                Great.
00:29 ky                Thanks you for your help
00:29 rangi             no worries
00:29 ky                That was really poor english.
00:29 ky                Thank you for your help.
00:29 rangi             i knew what you meant :)
00:36 rangi             http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/adrianhon/100007156/infinite-copyright-a-modest-proposal/  :)
00:36 ky                Do you have any experience with the OAI-PMH implementation?
00:36 rangi             nope
00:37 rangi             you have found the manual eh?
00:37 rangi             not sure if its any help
00:37 ky                yes and no
00:37 rangi             http://perldoc.koha-community.org/opac/oai.html
00:37 rangi             there is also this
00:37 rangi             http://perldoc.koha-community.org/  <-- lots of other docs here
00:37 rangi             beware its written by coders tho :)
00:38 ky                Haha, much better for me, thanks
00:38 ky                Coder by trade.
00:38 rangi             its machine generated from the POD in the files, so should be nice and up to date (hopefully)
00:39 ky                Looks like a case of just giving it a go. Thankfully Koha is more polished than most open source software.
00:39 rangi             its been round a while, we are slowly polishing it :)
00:52 mveron            Bye everybody
01:18 ky                Thanks again for the help rangi. Have a nice day.
01:18 jenkins_koha      Starting build #79 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 4 mo. 15 j ago)
01:18 rangi             wth
01:19 rangi             is chris_n still working?
01:54 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_3.4.x build #79: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_3.4.x/79/
01:54 jenkins_koha      chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 21 Feb 2012 01:08:17 Z
02:37 * Space_Librarian 's brain asplode
02:37 rangi             ?
02:40 Space_Librarian   inconsistent data mapping means we need to sort out how to catalogue the new articles... etc etc.
02:40 rangi             ahh
02:40 Space_Librarian   and keep them uniform
02:40 rangi             yup
02:40 Space_Librarian   and then retrospectively update the old articles.
02:40 rangi             *nod*
02:40 Space_Librarian   yep.
02:41 Space_Librarian   With panicked staff.
02:41 * Space_Librarian eats a Belgian chocolate
02:41 rangi             ah yeah that bit is the kicker
02:42 Space_Librarian   always.
02:42 ibeardslee        the chocolate will help
02:43 Space_Librarian   not yet it's not.
02:43 Space_Librarian   If I didn't have the half marathon on Sunday, there would be Caol Ila...
02:44 ibeardslee        oh nice .. /me is just doing the 7k
02:44 rangi             im eating cakes and laughing at both of you
02:44 Space_Librarian   I'm walking the 21k - aiming for sub-3 hours
02:44 Space_Librarian   And rangi - I need somebody to do that for me. :)
02:44 rangi             :)
02:45 eythian           yeah, I think I'm going to sleep in on Sunday.
02:45 Space_Librarian   after a long, fun night on Saturday, eythian?
02:45 eythian           No, I think Saturday is going to be quiet.
02:46 Space_Librarian   my saturday will probably involve cricket. If the weather is fine.
02:47 eythian           I will have training in the morning, after that I might watch movies perhaps. Read a book or something. Stuff like that.
02:48 Space_Librarian   ah. lazy weekends...
02:49 eythian           this weekend past was very busy, so I need something to balance it out.
02:50 Space_Librarian   *nods*
03:30 Amit_Gupta        heya bag
03:30 bag               yo Amit_Gupta
04:02 Space_Librarian   peace out! :)
04:07 ky                Hi, I was hoping to get some help enabling the OAI-PMH interface?
05:41 Amit_Gupta        heya cait good morning
05:41 cait              hi Amit_Gupta
06:16 Amit_Gupta        heya cait
06:17 cait              hi again Amit_Gupta
07:37 alex_a            bonjour #koha
07:44 reiveune          hello
07:47 mveron            Good morning everybody
07:48 * mveron          Would like to have some of the strng coffe at mbalmers office...
07:51 cait              morning mveron
07:53 mbalmer           morning.
07:53 mbalmer           mveron, you can alway come by ;)
07:53 mbalmer           (but I am not there today)
07:54 mveron            morning cait.
07:58 mveron            cait: Bug 7563 - Silent print slips using Firefox PlugIn jsPrintSetup and new staff client preference
07:58 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7563 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Silent print slips using Firefox PlugIn jsPrintSetup and new staff client preference
08:09 magnuse           kia ora #koha
08:11 asaurat           hi
08:15 paul_p            good morning #koha
08:19 kf                hi #koha
08:21 asaurat           hi kf!
08:21 kf                hi asaurat .)
09:15 mveron            kf: I'm not sure you saw the message, I filed a bug (enhancement) with my solution for silent printing slips, Bug 7563
09:15 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7563 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Silent print slips using Firefox PlugIn jsPrintSetup and new staff client preference
11:38 slef              hi all
11:40 slef              @query debian SRW
11:40 huginn            slef: No results for "debian SRW."
11:40 slef              anyone know why the debian packages don't have publicserver SRW enabled?
11:40 slef              port contention or another reason?
12:48 janPasi           hmm... "It works!"
12:49 janPasi           obviously it doesn't ;D
12:49 janPasi           there's something I need to do with apache config, but what?
12:49 janPasi           I installed koha on Debian Squeeze following these instructions: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.6_on_Debian_Squeeze
12:51 janPasi           Here's the contents of my koha-sites.conf:
12:51 janPasi           DOMAIN="xxx.xxx.xxx"
12:51 janPasi           INTRAPORT="80"
12:51 janPasi           INTRAPREFIX=""
12:51 janPasi           INTRASUFFIX="-intra"
12:52 janPasi           DOMAIN...
12:52 janPasi           in the instructions it starts with a dot
12:53 janPasi           I don't have that dot there
12:53 janPasi           how is this meant to work?
12:57 huginn            New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6193 follow-up of the follow-up = reindentation only <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=6a520f7456001d014776c33409262c68a5c2f9ae> / Bug 6193 - Follow up: use SetEnv and remove memcached from koha-conf.xml <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=52afe06ddd222fcd143bf34ba01daf01ba56674e>
12:58 chris_n           @later tell rangi reverted 7238 and will revert 6299 as well
12:58 huginn            chris_n: The operation succeeded.
13:03 jenkins_koha      Starting build #38 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:03 jenkins_koha      Starting build #80 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 4 mo. 15 j ago)
13:10 kf                chris_n: saw my messages?
13:29 oleonard          Hi #koha
13:33 paul_p            'morning  chris_n & oleonard
13:42 slef              janPasi: sounds like you're getting the default site when you want the koha site. A crude fix is "a2dissite default"
13:42 slef              janPasi: koha doesn't disable the default site by default so as not to mess up people's existing websites when they want koha on a new namevirtualhost
13:44 janPasi           i got it fixed already :)
13:44 janPasi           but thanks anyway slef
13:47 * paul_p          switches once again to "QAing" mode... (ordered by date changed desc)
13:48 slef              janPasi: :-/
13:49 janPasi           slef: ?
13:52 slef              janPasi: could have mentioned you'd fixed it.
13:57 janPasi           well i just got it working
13:58 janPasi           by playing with koha-sites.conf
14:00 janPasi           the missing dot from the beginning of the DOMAIN variable was indeed the problem
14:12 chris_n           kf: I did, thanks
14:13 chris_n           paul_p: 7283 was already reverted, thanks
14:18 oleonard          I see, my fix for Bug 3215 is conflicting with the commit which created a new include for the OPAC detail pages...
14:18 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=3215 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Patch doesn't apply , It would be nice if "Add to Cart" changed to "Remove from Cart"
14:18 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_3.4.x build #80: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 15 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_3.4.x/80/
14:18 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 - make packages deal with SIP config"
14:18 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 : Shifting SIPconfig.xml to the etc dir and the scripts to misc/bin"
14:18 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 Followup - fix sip_run to require path to SIPconfig.xml"
14:18 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7238 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , move SIPconfig.xml, sip_run and sip_shutdown outside from C4 (NOT FOR 3.6)
14:19 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_3.6.x build #38: SUCCESS in 1 h 15 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_3.6.x/38/
14:19 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 - make packages deal with SIP config"
14:19 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 : Shifting SIPconfig.xml to the etc dir and the scripts to misc/bin"
14:19 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 7238 Followup - fix sip_run to require path to SIPconfig.xml"
14:19 jenkins_koha      Starting build #637 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:22 chris_n           its been a rather reverting morning thus far
14:33 jenkins_koha      Starting build #39 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:33 kf                but jenkins is still happy :)
14:54 oleonard          Is Bug 4048 still a worthwhile goal, or are some people hoping that JS will someday be processed by the translator?
14:54 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4048 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , CSS and JS libs must be outside of translated paths
14:55 kf                oleonard: good question
14:56 oleonard          It seems like we might be talking about two categories: CSS and JS which don't include strings and some JS which does
14:56 kf                I think having libraries like yui/jquery in a central place makes sense
14:56 kf                we don't want to change those
14:56 kf                koha's own javascript scripts - I am not sure
14:57 kf                I don't see translation for those being done
14:57 kf                and we have implemented translation in the templates in a lot of places now
14:57 kf                which is nice, because you have all things in one place
14:57 kf                and it's even easier to do with tt
14:58 kf                oh, and I think css could be central too
15:01 * oleonard        is going to take it to the devel list
15:02 kf                probably a good idea
15:15 hdl               js libraries should definitely not be in the translation path.
15:16 hdl               even though some strings could require translation. But then, we could have some js/strings or ...
15:20 * wizzyrea        waves
15:21 oleonard          Hi wizzyrea
15:21 wizzyrea          how goes it
15:24 oleonard          Just looking for trouble, you know.
15:27 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_master build #637: SUCCESS in 1 h 8 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/637/
15:27 jenkins_koha      * tomascohen: Bug 6193 - Follow up: use SetEnv and remove memcached from koha-conf.xml
15:27 jenkins_koha      * paul.poulain: Bug 6193 follow-up of the follow-up = reindentation only
15:27 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6193 enhancement, P3, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Use memcached cache koha-conf.xml configuration variables
15:33 jcamins           oleonard: you're looking for trouble?
15:33 jcamins           I have good news!
15:34 jcamins           Bug 7284 can be very troublesome!
15:34 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
15:34 jcamins           :D
15:34 oleonard          I'll say :P
15:36 * chris_n         has a boatload of trouble to share :)
15:37 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_3.6.x build #39: SUCCESS in 1 h 3 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_3.6.x/39/
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Updating Version Number to"
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Updating Version Number to"
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Reverting Enh 6299
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6299 - add es-ES"
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6299 Add relator codes for fr-FR"
15:37 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6299 enhancement, P3, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Provide a list of authorized values for relator terms
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Revert "Bug 6299 - Provide a list of authorized values for Relator terms"
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 21 Feb 2012 14:26:00 Z
15:37 jenkins_koha      * chris.nighswonger: Fixing release notes to reflect reverted status of several Enh
15:37 * jcamins         looks at his watch, looks at his phone, looks at the clock, and mutters imprecations against real estate lawyers.
15:38 chris_n           this is cool: http://tinyurl.com/18r
15:39 jcamins           chris_n: what?
15:39 jcamins           chris_n: how is "about:blank" not valid? (also, why did you provide a tinyurl to about:blank?
15:40 chris_n           stupid tinyurl
15:40 chris_n           om
15:40 chris_n           http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yd3zaCIHlTg&vq=medium
15:41 chris_n           that is, if you enjoy marching bands
15:42 * oleonard        will brb
15:55 wizzyrea          oleonard, was it you that added opacusercss?
15:55 wizzyrea          and intranetusercss
15:57 oleonard          I don't know who added opacusercss. kf added intranetusercss
15:57 wizzyrea          AHA
15:57 * wizzyrea        cuddles up to kf
15:58 druthb            g'mornin!
15:58 oleonard          You'll have to wait for her to come back wizzyrea ;)
15:58 * wizzyrea        cuddles up to the invisible presence of kf
15:58 * druthb          joins wizzyrea and kf in the cuddle-pile.
15:58 oleonard          Funny, people tell me I'm creepy when I say that kind of thing :P
15:59 wizzyrea          no, but seriously, I just wanted to investigate the possibility of "noticecss" and "slipcss" as preferences
15:59 wizzyrea          but it can wait.
15:59 druthb            chris_n:  about?
16:00 druthb            @seen chris_n
16:00 huginn            druthb: chris_n was last seen in #koha 19 minutes and 25 seconds ago: <chris_n> that is, if you enjoy marching bands
16:00 oleonard          Bug 3381 added intranetusercss if you want to examine the patch wizzyrea
16:00 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=3381 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Add an IntranetUserCSS system preference
16:01 wizzyrea          thanks oleonard
16:01 wizzyrea          very much :)
16:02 oleonard          Sorry jcamins, 7284 doesn't apply anymore :(
16:02 jcamins           oleonard: again!?!
16:02 jcamins           oleonard: five minutes.
16:03 jcamins           paul_p: I can't keep up with you!
16:03 jcamins           oleonard: maybe ten, since the VM has to start up.
16:03 paul_p            jcamins sorry ?
16:03 jcamins           paul_p: you keep on pushing things to master. :)
16:03 paul_p            lol :D
16:05 jcamins           oleonard: maybe fifteen minutes. There appears to be a firewall blocking my git fetch. :(
16:05 * oleonard        curses git-blocking firewalls
16:06 reiveune          bye
16:10 jcamins           oleonard: 8 minutes.
16:11 jcamins           oleonard: all ready for your sign-off. :)
16:12 druthb            hm.
16:13 jcamins           bug 7535
16:13 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7535 minor, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Pushed to Master , OPAC displays ampersands incorrectly.
16:13 druthb            @later tell chris_n the patch for Bug 7535 should apply cleanly to 3.6.x, and your putting it there for 3.6.4 would be super-nifty-wonderful, and close many issues for me.  Please and thank you!
16:13 huginn            druthb: The operation succeeded.
16:22 oleonard          jcamins: After selecting an authority from the cataloging plugin I'm getting an error: "Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at /home/oleonard/kohaclone/authorities/blinddetail-biblio-search.pl line 80."
16:22 jcamins           oleonard: yikes! That's bad.
16:22 jcamins           I shall have to investigate that.
16:22 jcamins           Let me call my paralegal, then I shall do that.
16:23 * oleonard        is leaving at 12 so I may have to try again tomorrow
16:25 jcamins           oleonard: aww. :(
16:26 jcamins           [off] Anyone in this room make a living in real estate?
16:28 jcamins           [off] Good.
16:28 kf                [off] lol
16:28 kf                hi jcamins :)
16:28 jcamins           Hello.
16:29 slef              [off] hehehe. Want me to walk across the courtyard to the real estate agents office?
16:30 slef              anyone know why the debian packages don't have publicserver SRW enabled? port collision problem or something else?
16:30 jcamins           [off] slef: no, I wouldn't recommend that... unless you are in the mood to have your day ruined.
16:30 jcamins           slef: I think just that the default Koha configuration didn't have it.
16:31 slef              [off] after signing the lease, they want us to deal with an office two counties away. I ignore that and keep popping in if there's any problem ;)
16:31 slef              [off] I'm not expecting to need a reference for another rental any time soon ;)
16:32 slef              jcamins: they have it, but not enabled. The configs created by koha-common don't even have it. :-/
16:32 jcamins           slef: oh, report a bug.
16:33 jcamins           slef: it probably wasn't there yet when eythian last updated koha-conf.xml.
16:33 slef              jcamins: I think I'll see if eythian arrives before I leave.
16:33 slef              jcamins: nah, been there since 3.0 I think.
16:33 jcamins           slef: oh, in that case, I don't know.
16:33 slef              pretty sure biblios.net used it
16:34 slef              me either :) aren't we dumb?
16:34 jcamins           slef: biblios.net used /srv/
16:34 slef              svc
16:34 jcamins           That's what I meant.
16:34 slef              but that doesn't search
16:34 jcamins           I know /srv/ didn't look quite right.
16:34 slef              SRW searched, I thought?
16:34 jcamins           It looks a bit to Sun OS-y.
16:35 jcamins           slef: yeah, SRW is for searching.
16:35 slef              SunOS: someone stole the E key when we ran mkdir.
16:35 jcamins           lol
16:36 slef              Argh! Need meds! must finish this task and then pop out!
16:36 hdl               slef: i think in the oldtimes, socket were chosen for sake of security, and speed
16:36 hdl               this is all.
16:36 kf                slef: perhaps biblios used z39.50?
16:37 slef              kf: never used it enough to be sure... but anyway, publicserver SRW seems like a nice option to have
16:38 jcamins           slef: agreed.
16:38 kf                srw means writing?
16:38 jcamins           slef: https://github.com/ccatalfo/biblios_old <-- if you want to check what biblios.net used.
16:38 kf                I know my coworker is using sru for some things, that seems to work quite nicely when activated
16:38 kf                oh nice
16:45 slef              jcamins: nice.
16:45 slef              kf: I may be confusing SRU and SRW
16:45 slef              wahanui: SRU?
16:45 wahanui           slef: wish i knew
16:45 kf                slef: or it's me :)
16:45 slef              wahanui: SRW?
16:45 wahanui           slef: i haven't a clue
16:46 slef              SRW is Search/Retrieve Web Service
16:46 slef              doesn't sound like writing
16:46 jcamins           SRU is Search/Retrieval via URL
16:46 jcamins           SRU?
16:46 wahanui           i heard SRU was Search/Retrieval via URL
16:48 jenkins_koha      Starting build #638 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:48 huginn            New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7552 - Remove wrong line endings in NORMARC record.abs <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=5f2e1ba7b14b226cbe23438116d77be710dd88b0> / Bug 7454 Initialize return arrays in ILS/Transaction/RenewAll <http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=766b60e5b34baaca30dea8d2f64c9e3fed602c8f> / Bug 5373 - allow 'cardnumber' to appear on the patron import field list <http://git.koha
16:50 slef              jcamins: what's the difference between SRW and SRU?
16:51 jcamins           slef: actually, I'm not entirely sure.
16:52 jcamins           slef: it's the API used.
16:54 jcamins           slef: apparently.
17:01 slef              jcamins: SRW is SOAP
17:01 slef              wahanui: SRW is also SOAP
17:01 wahanui           okay, slef.
17:01 slef              wahanui: SRU is also http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/
17:01 wahanui           okay, slef.
17:02 * wizzyrea        gets a rare case of acronym overload
17:02 slef              oh don't ask me what SOAP is
17:02 slef              wahanui: what is SOAP?
17:02 wahanui           i don't know, slef
17:02 slef              Service Orientated Application Protocol at a guess
17:02 jcamins           lol
17:03 wizzyrea          I always thought it was the byproduct of saponified oil or fat
17:03 wizzyrea          or what you get when hot fat meets lye
17:04 slef              SOAP is Simple Object Access Protocol
17:05 kf                bye all :)
17:06 jcamins           wizzyrea: I can't replicate oleonard's problem, so you can safely carry on testing 7284. :)
17:06 jcamins           Wait... I was missing a few patches from master.
17:06 * jcamins         tries again.
17:06 slef              wizzyrea: oooh you'll like this:
17:07 slef              wahanui: SRU is also SRU Record Update
17:07 wahanui           okay, slef.
17:07 jcamins           slef: seriously?
17:07 wizzyrea          ...
17:07 slef              jcamins: http://www.loc.gov/standards/sru/record-update/
17:07 * wizzyrea        's head explodes
17:07 jcamins           Nope, still can't replicate.
17:07 wizzyrea          recursive acronym is recursive
17:07 jcamins           wizzyrea: carry on with your bug 7284 testing. :)
17:07 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
17:07 slef              jcamins: have you seen a doctor?
17:08 * wizzyrea        giggles
17:08 jcamins           slef: lol
17:08 * wizzyrea        imagines jcamins: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Mad_scientist.svg/250px-Mad_scientist.svg.png
17:10 jcamins           wizzyrea: you finally got 700k authority records indexed... don't you want to test bug 7284 quickly before something changes and you have to reindex? :)
17:10 wizzyrea          yes!
17:10 wizzyrea          butialsowanttofinishthisthingi'mworkingon
17:11 slef              wizzyrea: I was imaginging something a bit more, err, organic, but maybe I'm still scarred from thoughtlessly putting threeway into a web search.
17:11 jcamins           7284 is more fun.
17:11 jcamins           7284?
17:11 wahanui           7284 is more fun.
17:11 jcamins           :)
17:11 wizzyrea          hehe slef.
17:12 slef              @quote 186
17:12 huginn            slef: I've exhausted my database of quotes
17:12 slef              @quote get 186
17:12 huginn            slef: Quote #186: "trea: git-fu --tiger style /whooosh" (added by wizzyrea at 04:29 PM, February 02, 2012)
17:13 wizzyrea          lolol
17:13 wizzyrea          i love that one.
17:13 slef              @quote get 185
17:13 huginn            slef: Quote #185: "<wizzyrea> @quote get 23" (added by slef at 06:59 PM, January 30, 2012)
17:13 slef              @quote get 23
17:13 huginn            slef: Quote #23: "<gmcharlt> /msg huginn register nick password" (added by wizzyrea_ at 04:25 PM, August 06, 2009)
17:13 slef              @quote get 184
17:13 huginn            slef: Quote #184: "slef: IF YOU STARE TOO DEEPLY INTO MARC21, MARC21 STARES BACK INTO YOU!" (added by wizzyrea at 06:58 PM, January 30, 2012)
17:13 wizzyrea          there it is
17:13 slef              ok, not many added since I last saw
17:14 wizzyrea          best quotes?
17:14 wahanui           184, 186, 123, and anything that has to do with bacon.
17:15 wizzyrea          @quote random
17:15 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #80: "<robin> heh thanks, that makes me seem a lot more edumacated :)" (added by gmcharlt at 01:54 AM, June 24, 2010)
17:15 jcamins           @quote search bacon
17:15 huginn            jcamins: 2 found: #16: "< wizzyrea> i mean, the point of american bacon..." and #17: "<wizzyrea> holy flaming bacon batman!"
17:15 jcamins           @quote get 17
17:15 huginn            jcamins: Quote #17: "<wizzyrea> holy flaming bacon batman!" (added by jdavidb at 09:40 PM, July 17, 2009)
17:15 jcamins           @quote get 16
17:15 huginn            jcamins: Quote #16: "< wizzyrea> i mean, the point of american bacon is to erm, use the belly of the hog (I think)" (added by chris at 09:37 PM, July 17, 2009)
17:15 wizzyrea          @quote search batman
17:15 huginn            wizzyrea: 2 found: #17: "<wizzyrea> holy flaming bacon batman!" and #38: "<owen> Holy Bugzilla activity explosion, Batman!"
17:16 wizzyrea          maybe that should read "and anything that has to do with batman"
17:16 wizzyrea          @quote search MARC
17:16 huginn            wizzyrea: 5 found: #116: "slef: It's probably some corrupt mix of double-...", #136: "<sekjal> MARC. Must. Die!", #137: "sekjal: the data's in there... it's just MARC", #184: "slef: IF YOU STARE TOO DEEPLY INTO MARC21,...", and #4: "< kf> I often get asked: You have to study to..."
17:16 wizzyrea          @quote get 4
17:16 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #4: "< kf> I often get asked: You have to study to be a librarian? perhaps MARC was invented to answer it ;)" (added by chris at 12:50 PM, June 12, 2009)
17:19 jcamins           @quote get 1
17:19 huginn            jcamins: Quote #1: "<pianohacker> resolve, rather, I doubt it needs lotion" (added by gmcharlt at 03:05 AM, May 31, 2009)
17:19 slef              @quote get 0
17:19 huginn            slef: Error: There is no Quote with id #0 in my database for #koha.
17:19 slef              @quote get -1
17:19 huginn            slef: Error: There is no Quote with id #-1 in my database for #koha.
17:23 wizzyrea          i'm taking a journey through the quote database with huginn in private, so many funny things
17:24 jcamins           :)
17:24 jcamins           You should share some of the highlights with the rest of us.
17:24 wizzyrea          i will :)
17:25 wizzyrea          @quote get 177
17:25 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #177: "oleonard: If Buck Rogers used IRC he'd put bip on Twiki and tell Twiki to never sleep." (added by wizzyrea at 04:43 PM, January 10, 2012)
17:26 wizzyrea          @quote get 108
17:26 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #108: "<owen> As Pee-wee said, Everyone I know has a big 'but'" (added by druthb at 03:20 PM, November 30, 2010)
17:27 wizzyrea          @quote get 113
17:27 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #113: "<jcamins> I merely opened my hands and allowed a butterfly to flutter its wings once, thus ensuring that the record I was interested in would automatically show up on the terminal when I was walking by." (added by druthb at 02:18 PM, December 21, 2010)
17:27 eternalsword      inside a template file, how do I create a new variable from a C4::Context->config value?  I have a value for my custom login system and I would like to change "To make changes to your record please contact the library." to a link to the management system where the patron can change details.
17:28 wizzyrea          the 1st question
17:28 wizzyrea          ?
17:28 wizzyrea          the first question?
17:28 wahanui           i heard the first question was "What are you trying to do?"
17:28 jenkins_koha      Project Koha_master build #638: SUCCESS in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/638/
17:28 jenkins_koha      * ruth: Bug 7535: ampersands not showing properly in non-XSLT OPAC
17:28 jenkins_koha      * oleonard: Bug 7496 - Personally identifying information sent in opac user TITLE
17:28 jenkins_koha      * dev_patches: Bug 7513 Marc Import Hangs
17:28 jenkins_koha      * robin: Bug 5373 - allow 'cardnumber' to appear on the patron import field list
17:28 jenkins_koha      * colin.campbell: Bug 7454 Initialize return arrays in ILS/Transaction/RenewAll
17:28 wizzyrea          i mean, specifically
17:28 jenkins_koha      * magnus: Bug 7552 - Remove wrong line endings in NORMARC record.abs
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7535 minor, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Pushed to Master , OPAC displays ampersands incorrectly.
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7496 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Personally identifying information sent in opac user TITLE
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7513 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , MARC Import Hangs
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5373 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , fields listed on patron import do not match the csv file
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7454 major, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , Sip renewal all response returns incorrect info
17:28 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7552 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Remove wrong line endings in NORMARC record.abs
17:28 wizzyrea          botfight!
17:29 eternalsword      wizzyrea: was that directed at me?
17:29 wizzyrea          yes, after a fashion
17:29 wizzyrea          why do you need a config value?
17:29 wizzyrea          what is the end result you are trying to achieve?
17:30 wizzyrea          Are you trying to simply change what is displayed on a certain screen?
17:31 eternalsword      I have a church database management system that I am integrating, and want the code to be portable so others can use it.  Yes, I would like to change what is displayed when OPACPatronDetails is false and my config value is true.
17:32 wizzyrea          aha, gotya
17:32 eternalsword      I know how to get the value in the pl file, but not sure how to pass to the template.
17:32 jcamins           @quote search template
17:32 huginn            jcamins: No matching quotes were found.
17:32 jcamins           @quote search tt
17:32 huginn            jcamins: 22 found: #101: "<darling> I still need to catch up with current...", #113: "<jcamins> I merely opened my hands and allowed...", #119: "<wasabi> wow, and a pig!!! -> http://www.blaine...", #122: "<member:oleonard>Everyone is doin' the hot new...", #127: "Oracle now has little choice but to abandon its...", #12: "<owen> Every time you check in a book a little...", #143: "rhcl: Blame the C coders; if it (3 more messages)
17:32 wizzyrea          useful quotes?
17:32 jcamins           @quote search t::t
17:32 huginn            jcamins: No matching quotes were found.
17:33 jcamins           tt?
17:33 wahanui           tt is Template::Toolkit
17:33 wizzyrea          @quote get 135
17:33 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
17:33 jcamins           eternalsword: ^^ that's the short answer.
17:33 jcamins           The long answer is, I don't think that's what you want to do.
17:33 eternalsword      jcamins, why not?
17:34 jcamins           eternalsword: because you're talking about displaying something out of koha-conf.xml.
17:34 jcamins           That's exceedingly *un*portable.
17:34 jcamins           It can't be translated, it requires a sysadmin to adjust, and doesn't match how anything else is done.
17:34 jcamins           Probably what you want is a syspref.
17:35 wizzyrea          ^^
17:35 wizzyrea          jcamins:
17:35 wizzyrea          @quote get 157
17:35 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #157: "wizzyrea: bbiaf -> I know that means be back in a few but my brain told me that meant be back in a fire oleonard: similar to the common ctaof, for Can't talk, am on fire" (added by wizzyrea at 04:38 PM, September 23, 2011)
17:35 eternalsword      but it's not necessary if this particular login system is not used, which must be done in koha-conf.xml like ldapserver.
17:36 wizzyrea          right, but you can make a "local use" syspref
17:37 eternalsword      what's the point? it's either enabled in koha-conf.xml or it's not.  It's true or false.  Or are you recommending putting the value of the text in the syspref?
17:38 wizzyrea          eh, tmtowtdi
17:39 cait              hi wizzyrea :)
17:39 wizzyrea          that's probably not how we would do it ;)
17:39 wizzyrea          hey cait
17:44 nengard           is there a way in git to delete all branches that start with a string?
17:44 nengard           i need to do some branch clean up :)
17:44 nengard           and don't want to delete 1 by 1
17:44 jcamins           nengard: if you really want, you could use xargs.
17:44 nengard           and how would i do that? :)
17:45 jcamins           nengard: it'd be something like git branch | sed -e 's/ //g' | grep -e '^string' | xargs branch -D \{} \;
17:45 * jcamins         does not recommend doing that, but you *could*.
17:45 jcamins           And note that I tested exactly none of that.
17:46 nengard           HA!
17:46 nengard           okay
17:47 eternalsword      wizzyrea, I'm surprised ldap isn't configurable through the admin area via sysprefs to be honest, but I ported an existing method over since I don't know perl well at all, so I'll have to live with that.
17:47 wizzyrea          actually I always wondered about that too. It would be nice if that were possible.
17:47 jcamins           eternalsword: yeah, that's definitely a bug from my point of view.
17:47 wizzyrea          a project for you :)
17:48 wizzyrea          (if you wanted it)
17:48 eternalsword      maybe I will.  got to get this working first :P
17:48 wizzyrea          that would be super-duper cool :)
17:49 eternalsword      by the way, our system uses oauth, so mine can be used as an example for other systems as well.
18:40 * magnuse         waves
18:40 cait              hi magnuse :)
18:41 magnuse           kia ora cait
18:41 magnuse           hiya melia
18:41 melia             hi!
18:41 cait              hi melia :)
18:48 Shane-S           I just setup Koha on Thursday...and I am logged in to the admin section via the koha-conf.xml file credentials. How do I add a users myself?
18:48 jcamins           Shane-S: use the Patrons module.
18:49 maximep           any idea why the search by control number (opac-search.pl?q=Control-number:37910925) wouldn't work ?
18:56 Shane-S           can I change a languages file to modify Surname to say Lastname?
18:56 jcamins           Shane-S: yes you can. I don't remember how to create a new translation, but it's pretty straightforward.
18:58 Shane-S           okay i'll note that down to change after I learn how to use Koha :D
18:58 cait              maximep: which version?
18:58 wahanui           i think which version is nekls on right now?
18:59 cait              wahanui: forget version
18:59 wahanui           cait, I didn't have anything matching version
18:59 jcamins           wahanui forget which version
18:59 wahanui           jcamins: I forgot which version
18:59 cait              maximep: there was a bug a while ago
19:00 maximep           3.6.0
19:00 * maximep         looks on bugzilla
19:03 maximep           I wish I had any idea of what to look at in the code :/
19:03 cait              ah
19:03 cait              there was a bug
19:03 cait              in 3.6.0
19:03 cait              I think
19:03 cait              let me find it for you - I filed it
19:04 cait              maximep: bug 6786
19:04 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=6786 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, m.de.rooy, RESOLVED FIXED, False detection of index names in Search; make index names case insensitive
19:04 maximep           oh wow thanks, never would have found that
19:05 cait              you are welcome
19:06 cait              maximep: I know for sure it's fixed in 3.6.3
19:07 maximep           it's like the 8th bug that I have to fix that's already fixed in > 3.6.0 -_-
19:07 cait              there will be more I fear
19:07 wizzyrea          tons.
19:07 cait              take a look at the release notes..
19:07 jcamins           maximep: why don't you upgrade to 3.6.3?
19:07 jcamins           We've fixed a lot in the last four months.
19:08 cait              we just went to 3.6.3 ... but 3.6.4 makes me think aobut updating again
19:08 maximep           [off] Because it seems our client doesn't want to
19:08 Shane-S           anyone have a guide for adding a new admin for Koha 3.6 Google keeps giving me 2.x stuff were you tick a checkbox for superadmin
19:08 wizzyrea          perhaps you are not being persuasive enough
19:08 jcamins           documentation?
19:08 wahanui           rumour has it documentation is at http://koha-community.org/documentation/
19:08 wizzyrea          Shane-S: it's under patron -> detail -> more -> permissions
19:08 jcamins           Shane-S: ^^
19:08 maximep           well it's not my job
19:09 wizzyrea          maximep: :)
19:09 Shane-S           wizzyrea: thanks, have the patron, will check there
19:09 wizzyrea          the customer may be always right, but they do not always know what they need
19:11 maximep           we still have a ton of modifications to the code, so it requires time to upgrade everything
19:11 wizzyrea          ah yea
19:11 Shane-S           wizzyrea: ty very much, now I can follow http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Documentation/newbieguide ;)
19:11 wizzyrea          Shane-S: you're very welcome
19:13 Shane-S           last question for a bit I hope...should I remove the usernames and passwords from /etc/koha/sites/mysite/koha-conf.xml?
19:13 wizzyrea          no
19:13 jcamins           Shane-S: no!
19:13 wizzyrea          it won't work without them
19:13 jcamins           Shane-S: without those usernames, it won't work at all!
19:13 cait              heh
19:13 cait              what they said
19:13 cait              :)
19:13 Shane-S           okay, so just don't use them ever again :P
19:13 jcamins           Shane-S: right.
19:13 cait              you will need when updating
19:13 wizzyrea          in case you are worried, that file is nowhere near accessible to the outside world.
19:13 jcamins           Shane-S: except for when updating.
19:14 * wizzyrea        ponders that claim... sticks with it for now.
19:14 Shane-S           okay, I just wanted to check :D
19:14 wizzyrea          yea, some web apps do have you do that
19:14 wizzyrea          but not this one ;)
19:15 Shane-S           Well I don't even think it will be web-accessible (by common folk anyway) and its for me try before I think about replacing Follet for a little school library
19:16 wizzyrea          oh koha is a great replacement for follett
19:16 Shane-S           we maybe have 3,000 books if that many even
19:16 * wizzyrea        has at least 12 libraries that came from follett
19:17 Shane-S           using somethink called circ/cat that pre-dates me (in computer education that is)
19:17 Shane-S           I was maybe 14 when OS9 was release
19:17 Shane-S           damn...I was 17 :P
19:18 Shane-S           oh...I have a question can Amazon be used as a Z39.50 resource to pull books and covers?
19:19 jcamins           Shane-S: not Z39.50.
19:19 jcamins           Shane-S: you can get cover images off of Amazon, though.
19:43 Space_Librarian   o/
19:43 * Space_Librarian attempts to lessen the appearance of a drowned rat
19:44 cait              rain? :(
19:45 ibeardslee        a bit of dampness
19:48 Space_Librarian   slight drizzle
19:48 jcamins           Okay, this is kind of cool...
19:49 jcamins           The National Library of Estonia has a book scanning program.
19:49 jcamins           You can request the book, and they scan it for you and send you the PDF.
19:49 nengard           is there documentation of how the new cover image upload tool works? I just tried to upload an image and it says it worked but i don't see the image on the bib record
19:50 jcamins           Oh, wait, this is funded by the EU.
19:50 jcamins           It's a pan-EU program.
19:50 jcamins           Cool!
19:50 jcamins           nengard: there is extensive documentation in the commit messages.
19:50 nengard           thanks
19:51 jcamins           EU++
20:04 nengard           hmmm cover images i upload show in the opac but not the staff client even though i have both preferences turned on
20:05 jcamins           Odd.
20:07 jcamins           Works fine for me.
20:07 nengard           hmm
20:07 nengard           in master?
20:08 jcamins           Yup.
20:08 jcamins           And for records that don't have one yet, there's a direct link to the uploader.
20:09 nengard           what??
20:09 nengard           you mean on the detail page in the staff client there is a link to upload images
20:09 nengard           i'm not seeing that either
20:09 jcamins           Right.
20:09 nengard           oh wait
20:09 nengard           found that
20:09 jcamins           Are you viewing the images tab?
20:09 nengard           images tab?
20:10 nengard           I found it under 'edit'
20:10 nengard           but i don't see an images tab - but the image is showing in the opac
20:10 nengard           so i know it uploaded
20:10 nengard           let me try a diff record
20:10 jcamins           You don't have it enabled in the intranet.
20:10 jcamins           Just the OPAC.
20:14 nengard           jcamins, but I do - i saved the preference - so maybe the default isn't right - let me set it a couple more times
20:14 jcamins           nengard: worth a try.
20:15 jcamins           nengard: I can't troubleshoot, but I can confirm that it works just fine on my system.
20:15 nengard           k - i have it set to 'display' and it is not showing me what you see
20:15 nengard           was gonna update the manual but it will have to wait til i can figure this out
20:17 jcamins           Odd.
20:21 nengard           found the images tab!
20:21 nengard           you didn't mean on the left
20:21 jcamins           Right.
20:21 nengard           it's on the bottom
20:21 jcamins           Of course.
20:21 nengard           k - the image is there
20:21 nengard           but is that the only place it shows in the staff client?
20:21 nengard           does it not show next to the title like the other images?
20:21 nengard           or on the search results?
20:21 jcamins           That's correct.
20:21 nengard           OKAY
20:21 nengard           then it works
20:22 nengard           just not how i expected it to
20:22 jcamins           That's mentioned in one of the commit messages.
20:22 nengard           there were a lot of them i was still at the beginning of reading
20:24 trea              has anyone observed similar problems with 7208 in marc21? i think we're experiencing a similar problem.
20:24 trea              bug 7208
20:24 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7208 minor, P5 - low, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , NORMARCslim2OPACDetail.xsl does not display item type icon
20:28 * jcamins         disabled the icon line.
20:28 jcamins           So if it's a new change, I would've have seen it.
20:30 jcamins           Works for me.
20:30 rangi             morning
20:31 magnuse           g'night
20:31 wizzyrea          afternoon :)
20:31 jcamins           Half-an-hour-before-I-can-call-the-paralegal-again.
20:31 cait              lol
20:31 cait              morning rangi
20:34 nengard           okay so you can't use local cover images with another cover image service - so you can't use local cover images to supplement the images not found on outside services
20:35 jcamins           nengard: right. kmkale is supposed to be working on a fallback feature.
20:35 nengard           k
20:35 jcamins           I don't know what the status is.
20:36 nengard           sorry, i am reading, but i learn better by doing :) so I'm doing as i read little bits
20:44 rangi             one year since the chch earthquake that killed 185 people today
20:45 rangi             http://file.stuff.co.nz/stuff/12-51/
20:45 cait              :(
21:13 eythian           slef: I removed it (although maybe commented it out) because of port collisions. I'd like to find a way to do that magically, but haven't had need to yet.
21:16 maximep           is it normal that suggestion accepted emails are sent every time you edit a purchase suggestion ?
21:16 maximep           once again my bugzilla-fu fails me
21:17 cait              hm no
21:17 cait              i think they should only be sent when you change the status to accepted :(
21:18 cait              I might have missed that in testing
21:18 cait              the feature was totally broken a while ago
21:18 maximep           ok, thanks, will test more and open a bug with a patch
21:18 cait              maximep: bug 7096
21:19 huginn            04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7096 major, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, NEW , Receiving suggested items does not trigger notification mail (AVAILABLE)
21:19 cait              ah
21:19 cait              no that's another
21:19 rangi             you can do bulk edits in marcedit eh?
21:19 cait              I think so
21:20 cait              maximep: there are some candidates, try a search on bugzilla for ALL accepted suggestion
21:20 cait              ALL will give you closed bugs too
21:22 maximep           yeah I know. bz just doesn't like me
21:22 cait              aw
21:23 maximep           or maybe more that I still lack the right words because always developping on a french koha
21:23 jcamins           Okay, walkthrough will be two hours later than previously scheduled, and closing will be the next day.
21:23 cait              perhaps
21:23 cait              oh
21:23 jcamins           Now we just need people to show up and whatnot.
21:23 * cait            sends chocolate to jcamins and maximep
21:23 jcamins           Thanks.
21:25 schuster          rangi yes you can do it often.
21:26 rangi             cool if you have a little page that explains how that would be awesome
21:26 schuster          sending what I have via email shortly.
21:27 rangi             perfect thanks
21:27 nengard           i'm working on documenting the custom cover images feature and i tried to upload the zip file but it failed - do i need something special set up on my virtual machine to make it able to unzip?
21:27 jcamins           Yes, unzip.
21:28 nengard           is that what the module is called?
21:28 nengard           is it listed as a dependency?
21:28 jcamins           sudo apt-get install unzip
21:28 jcamins           There was a bug to add it to the installation.
21:28 jcamins           (and it was added)
21:28 nengard           cool
21:29 nengard           it's not on the about page yet though
21:29 wizzyrea          people don't have unzip?
21:29 * wizzyrea        boggles
21:30 jcamins           nengard: it's not a Perl module.
21:30 nengard           no?
21:30 wahanui           no is failing unit tests
21:30 wizzyrea          it's a system tool
21:30 nengard           I have unzip
21:30 nengard           i don't have it on my vm
21:30 jcamins           Nope. It's a program.
21:30 Shane-S           okay so I am moving along with Koha...I am now to the Marc section. I do IT not books/biblio/MARC, can you all help me if I tackle that tomorrow?
21:30 wizzyrea          does the pope wear a tall hat?
21:31 wizzyrea          (yes :))
21:31 Shane-S           thanks :P, just so I am prepared, what might I need to know about a mark template?
21:31 wizzyrea          you just want to add a book?
21:31 wizzyrea          the first question?
21:31 wahanui           the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
21:31 Shane-S           fyi I have only ever seen our books, and loaded data via disk into Follett
21:32 wizzyrea          oh I see, you are preparing a *migration*
21:32 Shane-S           Well, for now (testing it) I will want add a book...say Green Eggs and Ham
21:32 Shane-S           eventually it will be migration
21:32 schuster          shane-s - are you connected to the internet?  You can use Z39.50 to pull records in directly from other sources.
21:32 Shane-S           I am just piloting it for now so I can show my Principal and Librarian
21:33 Shane-S           schuster: yes I am
21:33 Shane-S           Can I skip the framework for now then?
21:33 schuster          That's easy then.  direct cataloging can be done, but such a pain when you can just pull records in from other sources.
21:34 schuster          There are "default" frameworks available and should have been loaded when you installed.
21:34 Shane-S           Oh there are I am just following http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Documentation/newbieguide
21:34 wizzyrea          yea, don't fret about the frameworks
21:34 wizzyrea          yea, basically
21:34 wizzyrea          you are done with that guide for now
21:35 wizzyrea          until you have questions or problems with the rest of that stuff
21:35 Shane-S           okay thanks. I will try doing the Z39.50 or 93.50 or 53.90 records tomorrow :P
21:35 wizzyrea          Koha is huuuge - lotta ins, lotta outs
21:35 wizzyrea          focus on the basics: adding patrons and bib records
21:35 wizzyrea          deal with the rest as you need to :)
21:36 wizzyrea          (and adding items)
21:36 wizzyrea          but - yes, we will be around tomorrow to help you through *cataloging*
21:36 wizzyrea          which I think is your next step - adding a biblio record and an item to it that you can circ.
21:36 Shane-S           I tried it with osslabs live CD...but it didn't work...so I made this copy all so I can work beyond snail speed
21:37 Shane-S           Well thanks for the support thus far, off for the night!
21:37 wizzyrea          have a good one :)
21:38 cait              wizzyrea++
21:38 cait              night all
21:38 wizzyrea          ! gnite cait
21:38 wizzyrea          sleep well
21:43 libsysguy         o/
21:45 jcamins           \o
21:46 wizzyrea          sup libsysguy
21:51 libsysguy1        cursed suddenlink
21:54 nengard           okay 3.8 manual will be up to date tomorrow with the new cover image stuff
21:54 nengard           now it's quitting time
21:54 * jcamins         curses vigorously.
21:54 jcamins           libsysguy1: now I have. :)
21:55 vfernandes        hi guys :)
22:01 vfernandes        one little question.... i have a koha installed with 3 libraries, for each library there is one circulation rule where Current Checkouts Allowed for a patron is 3 books. There is a way to limit the maximun books for one patron? In the way that i've configured Koha a patron can have 9 books (3 in each library) but I want to limit to 3 in all libraries
22:01 vfernandes        it's possible?
22:02 wizzyrea          make a default rule that says 3 max checkouts?
22:02 wizzyrea          I'd have to investigate that one
22:02 jcamins           No, that's not possible.
22:02 wizzyrea          jcamins: are you sure about that?
22:03 * wizzyrea        is not at all sure
22:03 jcamins           wizzyrea: not 100% sure, but it certainly wasn't possible a year ago.
22:03 jcamins           At least, that's what I was told a year ago.
22:04 eythian           There's not a "max total issues by borrower type" thing?
22:04 eythian           Oh, there is for holds I think. Perhaps that's what I'm remembering.
22:04 * wizzyrea        is looking
22:04 vfernandes        there is a max reserves
22:04 wizzyrea          there is checkout limit by patron category for all libraries
22:05 wizzyrea          so could you set a patron category for each library
22:05 wizzyrea          with a max of 3
22:05 * jcamins         looks.
22:05 jcamins           So you could.
22:05 wizzyrea          ?
22:05 jcamins           Cool!
22:05 jcamins           wizzyrea++
22:05 * wizzyrea        stares at that page a lot.
22:05 vfernandes        wizzyera where?
22:05 jcamins           :/
22:05 * jcamins         does not.
22:06 wizzyrea          under more -> administration -> circ and fine rules
22:06 wizzyrea          "checkout limit by patron category for all libraries
22:06 wizzyrea          "
22:06 wizzyrea          dunno you'd have to try it out, but I think it would work
22:06 vfernandes        on which version of koha?
22:06 eythian           vfernandes: are you using a recent version?
22:07 vfernandes        3.2.6
22:07 wizzyrea          this is 3.6 that I'm currently looking at
22:07 wizzyrea          oh when did we get that...
22:07 wizzyrea          i'm trying to remember.
22:07 wizzyrea          was that 3.4?
22:07 eythian           vfernandes: that's not very recent...
22:07 jcamins           vfernandes: you should think about updating.
22:07 * wizzyrea        ponders the truth that Koha isn't like windows - we get updates more than once every 3 years.
22:08 vfernandes        in this moment i can't think in updates :/
22:08 wizzyrea          and we don't often appreciate, amongst ourselves, *just how much we do*
22:08 wizzyrea          and how much better koha gets with every single release.
22:08 data_doctor       I am appreciating!!! :^)
22:09 wizzyrea          :)
22:09 wizzyrea          i'm actually waiting with bated breath for your first patch :D
22:09 wizzyrea          (no pressure)
22:10 data_doctor       I kind of imagine y'all up on Mt. Olympus planning improvements for all the world's libraries...
22:10 wizzyrea          naw, more like the dark basements.
22:10 data_doctor       ha ha
22:10 libsysguy1        ^^
22:10 libsysguy         i really like that nic data_doctor
22:10 data_doctor       :)
22:11 rangi             back
22:11 libsysguy         so when are we moving away from marc and onto that new standard approved by LC
22:11 * libsysguy       laughs quietly to himself
22:12 rangi             when they actually approve it?
22:12 libsysguy         i thought it was already approved
22:12 data_doctor       approved and accepted are two different things
22:12 rangi             the Coordinating Committee recommends that RDA should be implemented by LC, NAL, and NLM
22:12 rangi             no sooner than January 2013." This adoption, in the meantime, is contingent upon the
22:12 rangi             progress made in completing and rectifying nine action items and areas of concern raised
22:12 rangi             by the Committee.
22:12 rangi             One recommendation--3.2.5--was notable in that it called for a suspension of work underway  on RDA. The Working Group suggested that further development work on Resource Description  and Access (RDA) be suspended until a business case had been articulated, benefits  demonstrated, and there had been better testing of FRBR (Functional Requirements for  Bibliographic Records) as it relates to RDA.
22:12 rangi             yeah .. naw .. :)
22:13 wizzyrea          funny quotes?
22:13 libsysguy         librarians….
22:13 libsysguy         no offense to the librarians in the room...
22:13 jcamins           @quote search librarian
22:13 huginn            jcamins: 3 found: #112: "gmcharlt: only superlibrarians can be trusted...", #121: "mtj> friends don't let librarians spec bib formats", and #4: "< kf> I often get asked: You have to study to..."
22:13 jcamins           @quote get 121
22:13 huginn            jcamins: Quote #121: "mtj> friends don't let librarians spec bib formats" (added by chris at 08:18 PM, March 24, 2011)
22:15 data_doctor       I recently heard the stacks described as a forest, because of all the trees that went into the pages.
22:15 data_doctor       Gives the library a more organic feel.
22:15 rangi             schuster: thanks for that email, i have forwarded it to Space_Librarian
22:16 data_doctor       love the one about superlibrarians...
22:16 data_doctor       of course they are all Super!
22:16 data_doctor       but can they all be trusted? he he
22:19 jcamins           That was a short visit.
22:20 wizzyrea          @quote get 112
22:20 huginn            wizzyrea: Quote #112: "gmcharlt: only superlibrarians can be trusted with capes" (added by wizzyrea at 09:17 PM, December 15, 2010)
22:20 wizzyrea          kekek
22:22 rangi             this is interesting and potentially quite useful
22:22 rangi             http://feeding.cloud.geek.nz/2012/02/putting-limit-on-apache-and-php-memory.html
22:22 schuster          rangi any time there are also several tutorials on the marcedit website.
22:22 rangi             cool
22:23 schuster          the other nice thing is if you screw up there is "special undo" to Undo one step only.
22:24 vfernandes        guys i'm checking the Koha 3.6 manual and i don't found any info about my question
22:26 * jcamins         heads to the Grolier.
22:26 schuster          vfernandes - what was your question?
22:27 vfernandes        one little question.... i have a koha installed with 3 libraries, for each library there is one circulation rule where Current Checkouts Allowed for a patron is 3 books. There is a way to limit the maximun books for one patron? In the way that i've configured Koha a patron can have 9 books (3 in each library) but I want to limit to 3 in all libraries
22:30 schuster          hmm... nope don't think you can do that.
22:31 schuster          ok night all.
22:32 wizzyrea          schuster: I think we can, actually
22:32 wizzyrea          but not, probably, in 3.2
22:33 vfernandes        wizzyrea but there is nothing in the manual
22:33 wizzyrea          did you look at the circ and fine rules page in Koha?
22:33 vfernandes        http://manual.koha-community.org/3.6/en/patscirc.html
22:34 wizzyrea          that's patron categories
22:34 vfernandes        in the end...
22:34 wizzyrea          3.5.3
22:34 wizzyrea          is the section you are looking fo
22:34 wizzyrea          for
22:35 vfernandes        "For this library, you can specify the maximum number...."
22:35 vfernandes        only for one library
22:35 wizzyrea          no, you would create a patron category for each library
22:35 Space_Librarian   schuster - thanks so much, I'm printing off those instructions now. :)
22:36 wizzyrea          assign the patrons to that category
22:36 wizzyrea          then limit the categories
22:36 wizzyrea          (or several patron categories)
22:36 wizzyrea          does that make sense?
22:36 vfernandes        for me no... all libraries have the same patron categories
22:37 wizzyrea          unfortunately I think at the moment the only way to do what you want to do is to give each library their own categories
22:37 wizzyrea          for example
22:37 wizzyrea          we have 40 libraries
22:37 wizzyrea          each one has their own patron categories
22:38 wizzyrea          libA-Adult
22:38 wizzyrea          libA-Child
22:38 wizzyrea          libB-Adult
22:38 wizzyrea          libB-Child
22:38 wizzyrea          etc
22:38 vfernandes        tomorrow i'll talk to my client if there is anyway to limit the categories by library
22:39 wizzyrea          functionally I don't think it really changes anything
22:39 wizzyrea          if you get your rules right
22:39 wizzyrea          more of a semantic change, and the circ staff need to be a little more aware when they are creating patrons that they get their new patrons in the right category
22:40 vfernandes        ok i'll talk with them tomorrow
22:40 alaquerre         Hi All, Our user are telling us that some document are not return properly by we dont know why. So I dig a bit in the data and find out that some of the values in action_logs are empty ? The column "Object" is sometimes, let's say 3-5% of the time empty when we do return. When this occur, look like the column info contain the wrong biblionumber or something
22:40 alaquerre         like that.
22:41 vfernandes        thanks for the help wizzyrea
22:41 alaquerre         Does that ring a bell ?
22:41 wizzyrea          anytime :)
22:41 wizzyrea          vfernandes: like this: http://screencast.com/t/gsHWHQGqE
22:42 wizzyrea          imagine that x40
22:42 wizzyrea          ;)
22:45 wizzyrea          alaquerre: that doesn't ring any bells for me - what version?
22:45 alaquerre         3.6.0
22:45 wizzyrea          hm
22:46 wizzyrea          wonder if they are going too fast?
22:47 alaquerre         yeah, I also think about it, but at the same time, we do have a row in the action_logs table.
22:47 wizzyrea          but it's partial so...
22:48 alaquerre         That would mean we send the web request out and the server would not have been able to digest it..
22:48 alaquerre         strande
22:48 alaquerre         strange
22:49 alaquerre         Ok, I'll keep searching.  But bottom line : action_logs should be always full ?
22:50 wizzyrea          well, I admit to not investigating that
22:51 alaquerre         I'll let you know if we found something.
22:51 alaquerre         Thanks!
22:51 wizzyrea          good luck, that's a pretty weird problem.
22:52 maximep           [off] yeah, good luck to me to find it :P
22:53 wizzyrea          [off] oh booooooooooo
23:06 Space_Librarian   rangi++ for just being a legend :)
23:06 rangi             http://library.redwoods.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=79986  for being a fun catalogue record
23:07 Space_Librarian   that is a fantastic catalogue
23:08 wizzyrea          with the giant GO button
23:08 wizzyrea          ok hometime
23:09 Space_Librarian   bye wizzyrea! :)