Time  Nick       Message
21:12 magnus     g'night #koha
20:54 chris      cya
20:52 cait       bye all
20:52 cait       a new day for you, time for bed here :)
20:50 chris      hiya cait
20:49 cait       morning chris
20:36 magnus     morning chris
20:35 chris_n    heya chris
20:34 nengard    morning chris
20:34 chris      morning
20:32 chris_n    nengard++
20:21 magnus     :-)
20:18 nengard    and I had to put a location on it :)
20:18 nengard    i'm the one who submitted the application for an ISSN
20:18 nengard    yes
20:18 magnus     nengard: it's where you live?
20:17 nengard    which is why it's showing NJ weather I guess
20:17 nengard    and 5 min south of Trenton NJ
20:17 nengard    magnus and chris_n it's 45 min north of Philly
20:10 chris_n    PA in NJ?
20:10 chris_n    munin?
20:09 munin      chris_n: The current temperature in Mercer County, Ewing, New Jersey is 28.2�C (4:15 PM EDT on August 02, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 42%. Dew Point: 14.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1021.9 hPa (Steady).
20:09 chris_n    @wunder Fairless Hills, PA
20:09 * magnus   wonders where "Fairless Hills, PA" is...
20:05 jcamins    A shame it wouldn't show up in WorldCat.
20:03 jcamins    Perhaps we should add a holdings...
20:02 chris_n    oooh nice
20:00 nengard    check it out - the Koha newsletter is cataloged by LOC : http://www.worldcat.org/title/official-koha-newsletter/oclc/550595069
19:53 munin      brendan: The current temperature in Northwest Goleta, Goleta, California is 19.9�C (12:55 PM PDT on August 02, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: 14.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014.1 hPa (Falling).
19:53 brendan    @wunder 93117
19:15 cait       :)
19:11 jwagner    cait, we ARE normal.  It's the rest of the world that's slightly off....
19:11 jcamins    cait: No, probably not.
19:11 cait       jcamins: do we want to be normal?
19:10 jwagner    Patch from Amit on Jan 20, 2010
19:10 jwagner    gmcharlt, that commit is adding the indexes, but I don't see the patch cait referred to, that adds a search box to the advanced search screen
19:09 jcamins    Would you like me to pretend I don't know what that means, to bring our normal quotient up a bit?
19:09 * jwagner  bows in admiration :-)
19:09 * gmcharlt pauses to contemplate that he can emit random hexadecimal numbers in #koha and be perfectly understood
19:08 gmcharlt   jwagner: fda681b2d037e0d64d8ed71272b17e67b2b3db8e
19:06 cait       it seems the first one was, there is a comment from gmcharlt
19:06 jwagner    I'm not seeing that feature in my latest head version, though -- wonder if the patch ever got pushed?
19:05 jwagner    cait++ # Thanks! I _knew_ I remembered something.
18:57 cait       [Koha-patches]  [PATCH] Patch of Lexile Search box on Opac advance	search page
18:57 cait       sorry, copy and paste while cuttng vegetables...
18:56 cait       http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-patches@lists.koha.org/msg04132.html
18:56 jwagner    I found some recent listserv traffic.  Looks like it's indexed, I just need to check the display stuff.
18:56 cait       http://www.mail-archive.com/koha-patches@lists.koha.org/msg04132.html
18:55 cait       I have problems with my browser not showing the url, don't want to restart it right now
18:54 cait       search google lexile and koha
18:54 jwagner    Hmmm.  I searched bugzilla for resolved & closed too, still didn't find anything.  Maybe a patch was sent without a bugzilla entry?
18:54 cait       and I thought it was integrated hm
18:54 cait       jwagner: I think the patch was sent
18:52 jwagner    Somebody recently was talking about setting up lexile searching/display -- anyone remember who that was?  I don't see any current bugzilla entries on the topic.
17:45 jcamins    Bye kf
17:45 kf         time to go home, now that the rain has stopped - bye all
16:46 nengard    seems like a work around - not a fix.  I'd tell people they can do that to get around the problem, but we still should have a fix
16:45 owen       nengard: If you classify both 245b and 245h as "subtitle" in Keywords to MARC mapping they both show up
16:24 owen       No rush
16:24 nengard    owen - will try to look before i leave again
16:24 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2749 normal, P3, ---, oleonard, NEW, No dislay of GMD (245h) if XSLT is off
16:24 owen       nengard: I'd be interested in hearing your comments on the current state of Bug 2749
16:20 jcamins    Apparently Koha doesn't like spaces at the beginning of queries.
16:20 jcamins    Wait, no, just kidding.
16:19 jcamins    It gives me the error message '1' when I try to save it.
16:19 jcamins    I tried this: SELECT count(barcode) FROM items WHERE barcode IS NOT NULL
16:19 jcamins    I need a report of how many barcodes have been entered in our system.
16:14 owen       It'd be great to be able to close that bug
16:14 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4305 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED, Amazon book covers do not work with ISBN13
16:14 owen       fredericd's patch for Bug 4305 seems to work great.
15:59 owen       Hey everyone, please attach patches to the bug report. I really hate seeing "patch-sent" but reports with no attachments.
15:57 * jwagner  is now hungry. Goes to raid the box of cookies that I brought in for others....
15:56 kf         jwagner: caramel is a really good idea :)
15:54 jwagner    kf, with caramel and praline swirls?  Let's get the sugar level UP!
15:54 jcamins    Mmm. Those sound good. Thanks. :D
15:53 kf         jcamins: chocolate peanut butter cookies?
15:52 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW, Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
15:52 jcamins    jwagner++ # mostly for bug 5079, but also for bad puns
15:52 jcamins    jwagner: it is a testament to how lousy my day is going that I appreciated your pun. ;)
15:46 jwagner    I know what _I'd_ like, but that's not always the best solution for everyone :-)
15:45 jwagner    owen, comment in the bug report & let's get some discussion -- I need input on what most sites would like.
15:45 owen       If so then I think the scope of the bug should be "separate control of shelving location and call numbers and have it apply to both standard and XSLT display"
15:45 * jwagner  hides under the desk, now.
15:45 jwagner    jcamins, how about byte-sized cookies?
15:44 jcamins    Any suggestions what kind of cookie I should bake tonight? This is definitely a day that requires baking cookies.
15:44 jwagner    It could be done to a degree -- make XSLT pay attention to that syspref first of all, then use it to control display.  The main thing is that it would lump both shelving location and call number into the same on/off switch.  I think some sites might want to show one but not the other.
15:43 owen       OPACItemsResultsDisplay
15:43 jwagner    the itemstatus one?
15:43 jwagner    Which one?
15:42 owen       jwagner: Why not have it be controlled by the existing system preference?
15:41 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW, Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
15:41 jwagner    jcamins and kf, see Bug 5079
15:41 kf         isbd punctuation is one of the things that drive me crazy
15:40 kf         not for notices (altough that is no great loss)
15:40 kf         xslt detail, but not results in staff
15:40 kf         jcamins: but this will not work for isbd format
15:39 jcamins    kf: That's brilliant! I have a stylesheet that already adds some isbd punctuation. When I get a chance, I'll just make it add all, then somehow persuade it to play with the Koha stylesheets.
15:37 kf         jcamins: but I would really like if koha would support cataloging without isbd punctuation
15:37 Drakmor    Hey, how do I update koha 3.0 to 3.2?
15:36 kf         in catalog and opac you can add them now with xslt in many places... I m not sure you really need them. perhaps add some titles and test
15:36 kf         oh, and no isbd format withoug punctuation
15:36 jcamins    I'm just writing our cataloging documenation.
15:35 kf         we have them.. sometimes they make me happy, sometimes not. we added them to the format for koha, German exchange format was planned without isbd punctuation
15:35 jcamins    Oh, I'm not leaving out isbd punctuation until Koha supports automatically associating isbd punctuation with the following subfields.
15:35 kf         short titles don't  look very good without isbd punctuation
15:35 kf         jcamins: you will have display problems in some places
15:35 jcamins    kf: No, but I desperately want to.
15:35 kf         jcamins: there are a lot of chnages caused by DNB
15:34 kf         jcamins: are u using koha without isbd punctuation?
15:34 jwagner    Even if the sysprefs do proliferate like paperclips or wire coat hangers in dark corners :-)
15:34 kf         jwagner++ :)
15:34 jwagner    Yes, I'm all for making things site controllable rather than hardcoding changes.
15:32 jcamins    The lack of sysprefs would be why our local modifications remain local modifications.
15:32 jwagner    OK, another thing to put on my list....
15:32 jcamins    Yeah, sysprefs would be great.
15:32 jwagner    jcamins, thanks.  I can see that it would be very useful for some sites.  But I can also see that with 30-40 branches, the screen clutter gets overwhelming.  That's why I'm thinking syspref(s) to control both shelving location & callnum display in the XSLT results list.
15:32 jcamins    Or not.
15:31 jcamins    *bug report
15:31 jcamins    *think
15:31 jcamins    I thik.
15:31 jcamins    I have a bug somewhere.
15:30 jcamins    jwagner: We use shelving location, and need it to display in the results screen.
15:18 Drakmor    or just updating koha in general?
15:08 Drakmor    any idea about that?
15:03 Drakmor    First, Koha can't search the books by aquisition date, and also the printing is screwed up... I suppose we could use premade ones...
15:02 Drakmor    Everything else works for us, other than labels.
15:00 chris_n    Drakmor: 3.2 has a massive labels re-write in it
15:00 Drakmor    it sort of works, but of course there's problems.
15:00 Drakmor    I'm currently using 3.0...
15:00 * chris_n  goes back to digging out of his 'inbox'
15:00 Drakmor    I see, big difference there.
15:00 chris_n    I have it in production use as do others
14:59 chris_n    Drakmor: quite stable is what I intended to say
14:59 * chris_n  suddenly realizes it is Monday
14:59 chris_n    owen: opps
14:58 Drakmor    I don't know if it is or not.... I only recently found out about the koha-commmunity site.... haven't really had the time to look through it.
14:54 owen       chris_n: You would classify 3.2 as unstable?
14:52 Drakmor    ok... I've been having troubles with barcodes.... and was wondering if updating was worth it.
14:50 chris_n`   quite actually
14:49 Drakmor    Hey, exactly how unstable is koha 3.2?
14:20 jwagner    Yes, and that's set to itemdetails which is supposed to be branch+location+callnumber -- but the XSLT doesn't seem to be set to show location
14:18 owen       There's already an OPACItemsResultsDisplay system preference
14:17 owen       If someone found it useful to see it in the non-XSLT results I would think it would be useful in the XSLT results
14:15 jwagner    Would people find it useful to include shelving location in the XSLT results list?  I had been thinking about a mod to have a syspref control whether it showed or not, because sites with a lot of branches might want to reduce the clutter. Same for call number.
14:14 jwagner    Never mind -- the shelving location shows when XSLT is not enabled for results list.  Didn't notice that....
13:54 owen       http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=history;f=koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl;h=62a9f4624175a82b75be676f43d2eca96ab43387;hb=HEAD
13:54 jwagner    That's where I was headed next -- was just hoping someone remembered :-(
13:54 owen       jwagner: See if you can track down the change in git.
13:53 jwagner    If so, was there a reason for removing shelving location?
13:53 jwagner    Can someone give me some history?  It looks like in older Koha (roughly in the OPAX XSLT results list the shelving location displayed.  Somewhere along the line, that was removed and now it just shows branchcode followed by call number.  Is that correct?
13:07 nengard    trying to get things done quickly this AM before I leave for a series of dr appts - they all wanted to see me today - which is fine cause after this week i'm crazy busy again
13:06 nengard    owen chris - ooops - i just added it to the wiki - so someone can either delete it or edit it to make it unique
12:51 jcamins    Deutsche
12:51 jcamins    Er, that would be the Deutche National Bibliothek, not Dictionary of National Biography.
12:50 jcamins    DNB++ # for proposing an addition to Leader/18 to specify ISBD formatting without punctuation at the end of fields
12:47 * chris    goes to bed
12:47 chris      yeah, more fields, .... thats what we need
12:46 jcamins    Wow! That's a lot of new MARC fields.
12:45 chris      im not sure its even applicable anymore
12:45 owen       Another mess left behind by our former benefactor.
12:45 kf         ok, going to talk migration to my programming coworker bbl
12:44 owen       Oh I see the problematic author right there at the top, yes.
12:44 chris      joshua wrote it originally
12:44 chris      that one would need a rewrite
12:44 kf         jcamins: the isbd punctuaion is not looking good everywhere, for example in notices
12:44 owen       Re: encoding scratch pad, how do we know what content from the old wiki can be copied directly? Or do we have to re-write everything?
12:44 kf         jcamins: I know not many systems using marc21 in cataloging, but I think I remember none that could do that
12:43 kf         jcamins: I'm with you on that...
12:43 jcamins    It seems to me that ILSes should automatically associate punctuation with the subfield following.
12:41 jcamins    I guess my interns probably should know about 245$h.
12:39 chris      yeah, linked data is gettng lots of traction outside libraryland
12:39 * magnus   thinks RDA will never ever take off - but has some hope for semantic/linked data...
12:38 chris      and it once again shows, you SHOULD NEVER DO THAT
12:38 jcamins    Why chris, do I detect a note of scorn towards our tilting-at-windmills white-knight-saviour, RDA?
12:38 chris      RDA is pretty much the ultimate in design by committee
12:38 magnus     ;-)
12:38 chris      hehe
12:38 magnus     sorry
12:37 chris      magnus: you ruined my sarcasm with reality ;-)
12:37 jcamins    magnus: That is very true. One just need look at the ANS's catalog to see proof of that. ;)
12:36 magnus     chris: if you can afford the subscription, that is
12:36 magnus     jcamins: hehe i bet if you examine a number of marc records in the wild you will find any number of inconsistensies, local practices etc etc
12:36 chris      RDA will fix it all
12:35 jcamins    The combination of MARC and AACR2 may be the most byzantine system ever invented.
12:35 jcamins    It's hard to believe sometimes that anyone ever learns to catalog.
12:32 kf         perhaps you will need them ;)
12:32 kf         jwagner: save some cookies
12:28 jwagner    Oh, well, off to do a test dataload for a new site :-(
12:27 jwagner    This is my standard head devel server & I've sent lots of patches before, dunno what's gone wrong now.  But I'll let the expert fix it :-) (Cookies will make a timely bribe....)
12:27 chris      http://wtf.net/index.cfm
12:27 hdl        hehe
12:27 chris      they seriously should rebrand :)
12:27 hdl        oops.
12:27 chris      heh, wtf.net is a real site
12:26 jwagner    That's what _I'm_ asking :-)
12:26 jwagner    Unable to initialize SMTP properly.  Is there something wrong with your config?
12:26 hdl        smtp.wtf.net to be changed to the external smtp you want to use.
12:26 hdl        yep
12:26 jwagner    where 0001 is the name of the patch?
12:25 hdl        jwagner: git send-email --smtp-server smtp.wtf.net --to kc.org 0001
12:25 chris      thanks hdl
12:24 jwagner    Thanks for looking
12:24 hdl        use smtp-server.... option
12:24 jwagner    I'll have druthb check the server later.
12:24 chris      sounds likely
12:24 jwagner    chris, I'm thinking there's a problem with outgoing mail on that server -- just tried sending the patch to my own address & it hasn't come through.
12:24 hdl        no patch stuck here.
12:23 chris      can you check if jwagners patch is stuck somewhere?
12:23 hdl        chris yes.
12:22 chris      hdl: you around?
12:22 chris      nope not yet
12:21 jwagner    owen and jcamins, I'll probably be here too :-(
12:20 jwagner    Just tried resending that patch -- someone let me know if you see it?
12:19 owen       jcamins: You can I can hang around here and feel sorry for ourselves
12:19 chris      heh
12:19 kf         chris: I already tell my coworkers "no worries" just for practice ;)
12:19 smustafa   bye everyone
12:19 smustafa   thanks Chris, :)
12:19 chris      jcamins: i'm sure we will still be on #koha from time to time, i was at the last 2 kohacon :)
12:18 chris      http://virtualbreath.net/curious/2010/07/07/words-and-phrases-of-wellington/
12:18 * jcamins  thinks he will be lonely in #koha in October :'(
12:18 chris      kf: im sure you can, but just in case you get stuck and cant think of a word :-)
12:17 magnus     hehe, that's what i thought
12:17 kf         kf: hope I can speak English to her and all others (and being understood)
12:17 chris      smustafa: you may want to have both a 3.0.x and a master branch
12:17 nengard    magnus it's a great story, chris is just an all around nice guy :)
12:16 chris      kf: and munich before that, so you can speak german with her
12:16 smustafa   Because I want to always be up to date with Koha, not just the 3.0.x versions..
12:16 smustafa   Will I face issues in the future if I use the MASTER, rather than 3.0.6?
12:15 smustafa   rather than the master head.
12:15 smustafa   Chris, sorry but you mentioned that I should use the 3.0x
12:15 magnus     so chris does housemoving too?
12:15 nengard    and a lot of the US people too of course :)
12:15 * nengard  has already met chris (when he helped me move into my house) and hdl and paul and magnus
12:15 chris      kf: kristina who wrote the email, moved to nz from luxembourg about 3 months ago
12:14 kf         chris: you are right :)
12:14 * magnus   thinks those 83 days will just fly by
12:13 chris      well you'll meet magnus about 3 days before then, and slef and paul and hdl
12:13 * kf       don't want to wait 83 more days to meet you all
12:13 kf         :)
12:12 jcamins    Wonderful... every time the air conditioning switches, my wireless goes out.
12:12 * magnus   is happy to leave the suit at home...
12:12 smustafa   exit
12:12 nengard    brb
12:12 nengard    :)
12:12 * nengard  owns no formal clothes that fit
12:11 * kf       owns no formal clothes :)
12:11 kf         puh
12:11 nengard    oh good!
12:11 chris      just tidy
12:11 nengard    I didn't think about that ....
12:11 chris      naw
12:11 nengard    that's a good question kf
12:11 chris      83 days
12:11 kf         do I have to pack formal clothes then?
12:11 nengard    and for me it's going to be a crazy 2 months while i try to cram in all of the training before I leave for NZ
12:10 nengard    I'm so excited - and it's august already!!! that's 2 months left!!
12:10 nengard    that is so awesome :)
12:10 nengard    I know!!!
12:10 chris      its not everyday you get a full mayoral reception
12:10 kf         ah, right :)
12:09 nengard    4 if you're not counting my hubby
12:09 kf         nengard: makes at least 3 attendees now :)
12:09 nengard    cool - i'll put it in the newsletter then
12:09 kf         jcamins: thx! hope you will get an answer :)
12:09 chris      up until the day before the trip afaik
12:08 nengard    kf - I too have bought my tickets :)
12:08 nengard    I ask cause I'll put it in the newsletter if the deadline is after the publication date
12:08 nengard    chris do you know of a deadline to register for the Levin trip?
12:08 smustafa   :)
12:08 chris      np, good luck
12:08 smustafa   again, than you very much for your patience
12:07 smustafa   hehe :) I shall
12:07 chris      it might be nice to explain to them how gpl works :-)
12:07 smustafa   but I dont know..
12:07 smustafa   so they are pretty weird about it, eventhough nothing is sensitive..
12:07 kf         jwagner: you are subscribed? (I forget about that always)
12:07 smustafa   actually I work for a semi-government company
12:07 chris      is there a reason why your changes can't be public?
12:06 smustafa   oh ok, thanks alot chris.  Helpful as always :)
12:06 chris      yes
12:06 smustafa   right?
12:06 smustafa   then I checkout the MSDR-Branch
12:06 smustafa   ok I shall try that then.  .  So to summarize, I must clone the [origional cloned repository]
12:05 smustafa   oh ok...I see...
12:05 chris      h
12:05 chris      git checkout -b MSDR-Branch --track origin/MSDR-Branc
12:05 jcamins    kf: I heard back from my acquaintance in the MARC standards office at LC. He passed my query on to someone else in the office.
12:05 chris      git clone ssh://username@servername.or.ip/path/to/kohaclone kohaclone
12:05 chris      then you checkout the branch you want
12:05 chris      when you clone, you get the repository
12:04 smustafa   I only know how to clone the main repository...that smy problem :(
12:04 chris      its in the email
12:04 smustafa   Dear Chris, I am unsure of how to clone this [branch]
12:04 chris      jwagner: yes
12:04 chris      to their machines
12:04 jwagner    Verifying the address -- koha-patches@lists.koha-community.org ?
12:04 chris      smustafa: exactly the same way, they just clone from the server too
12:04 smustafa   Thats what I dont know how to do..
12:03 smustafa   But how will this work when we have a team of people trying to work on this same MSDR-Branch
12:03 owen       jwagner: I don't see anything from you
12:03 smustafa   The problem is, it refers to my local laptop
12:03 smustafa   actually I understood his e-mail
12:03 jwagner    Before I send some others, want to make sure they're getting through.
12:03 jwagner    Maybe someone else can answer what I was going to ask him.  I sent a patch out Friday morning, but it occurred to me later that I never saw it come across the patches list.  Did anyone else see it?
12:02 owen       Vacation, with a release to manage?
12:02 kf         me too
12:02 kf         :)
12:02 jwagner    What an interesting concept.  I should try it sometime....
12:02 jwagner    Is he actually taking a vacation???
12:02 kf         vacation?
12:02 kf         wow
12:01 munin      jwagner: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 1 week, 4 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes, and 59 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> wizzyrea: 0470034548
12:01 jwagner    @seen gmcharlt
11:59 kf         smustafa: he answered on koha-devel
11:59 kf         smustafa: yep, but check your mail, there is a new one for git branches
11:58 jwagner    owen, that's why I brought the cookies into the office -- so other people would eat them, not me :-)
11:58 jwagner    Speaking of gmcharlt, anybody seen him lately? Got a question for him.
11:58 smustafa   and here I am :) hehe
11:58 smustafa   Yes, he informed me to get on Chat :)
11:57 kf         ah, chris answered your mail
11:56 smustafa   ok I shall wait :)
11:56 kf         or gmcharlt
11:56 kf         smustafa: the problem is - I have never done that :( perhaps try later when chris is here, he knows a lot about git
11:56 smustafa   then sudo git branch --track MSDR-Branch origin/master
11:56 kf         smustafa: I think it's possible, you wrote your git branch is on a server
11:56 smustafa   sudo git clone  git://git.koha-community.org/koha.git koha-clone
11:56 smustafa   I did this first on my dev-server
11:56 smustafa   its alright...
11:55 owen       jwagner: Starting the morning with a pile of cookies sounds like a recipe for a mid-morning nap
11:55 kf         thx jwagner :)
11:55 kf         cookies!
11:55 jcamins    jwagner: Thanks!
11:55 jcamins    smustafa: In that case, I'm out of ideas.
11:54 jwagner    jcamins and kf, I have a whole pile of cookies on my desk this morning.  Some are for you (virtually anyway) :-)
11:54 smustafa   I can't create a github account because my company does not want its modifications to be public
11:54 jcamins    smustafa: the way I dealt with that is by creating a github account.
11:53 smustafa   but no idea on how to access this branch from a different physical machine and commit/update
11:53 smustafa   I got to the point of creating a clone, + a branch
11:53 smustafa   alright :).  I was invited by Chris so I may get help in setting up a Koha development environment :)
11:52 jcamins    smustafa: it's working, go ahead.
11:52 smustafa   I am using the Web IRC
11:52 smustafa   I don't know if anyone can see what I am typing
11:52 smustafa   Hello,,,
11:49 jcamins    jwagner: I made a cookie for you, too. Hopefully you like curry coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
11:47 jcamins    kf: You're welcome.
11:47 jwagner    Morning jcamins
11:46 jcamins    Good morning, #koha
11:34 magnus     yay indeed!
11:32 kf         yay!
11:32 kf         :)
11:31 magnus     woohoo!
11:30 * kf       just signed up for "Levin Mayoral Reception and Marae Visit"
11:24 nengard    hiya hdl
11:23 hdl        hi nengard
11:21 magnus     there was an e-mail on the lists just now, with the link
11:20 kf         hope there is enough money on my paypal account :)
11:20 kf         I did not now you had to sign up for it in advance
11:20 kf         oh
11:19 * magnus   just signed up for the "Levin Mayoral Reception and Marae Visit" http://www.kohacon10.org.nz/2010/program/levintrip.html
11:19 kf         :)
11:18 magnus     sounds slightly more tasty :-)
11:14 kf         but it was salad from green beans
11:13 kf         ;)
11:13 kf         mmh yummy
11:13 * magnus   read that as "kf is eating a computer"...
10:17 munin      kf: A control number of a system other than the one whose control number is contained in field 001 (Control Number), field 010 (Library of Congress Control Number) or field 016 (National Bibliographic Agency Control Number). (Repeatable) [a,z,6,8]
10:17 kf         @marc 035
10:04 * kf       is eating at computer
10:04 * magnus   goes in search of lunch
09:59 * kf       adds bookmark
09:55 chris      sweet
09:54 magnus     http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_offline_circulation_file_format
09:49 magnus     thanks again! ;-)
09:46 kf         magnus++
09:46 magnus     yep
09:46 magnus     i'll put that in the new wiki
09:45 kf         magnus: I was missing the .html :)
09:45 magnus     kf: here we go: http://librarypolice.com/wiki.koha.org/koha_offline_circulation_file_format.html
09:44 magnus     oops, that should be "Version=1.0 + tab + Generator=kocQt4 + tab + GeneratorVersion=1.0"
09:44 kf         great, thx
09:43 magnus     kf: the first line should look something like "Version=1.0	Generator=kocQt4	GeneratorVersion=1.0" the first "version" is important, the import tool will not process anything else than 1.0. the other two can be anything, i think
09:43 kf         if you let me drink something you have to live with it :)
09:43 kf         alcohol always make me talk too much
09:42 magnus     chris: ok cider sounds interesting... ;-)
09:41 chris      ahh, i know some ppl who will be happen to drink whisky with you :) and we make some ok cider here too
09:41 kf         if it does not work, I know where to find you ;)
09:41 * magnus   is rather difficult in that respect... port wine, islay single malt, cider...
09:40 kf         magnus: I will try to generate a line as you suggested
09:39 * chris    has heard about scandanavians :-)
09:39 chris      vodka?
09:39 chris      wine?
09:38 magnus     hm, i think i deleted the koc files after i was finnished with them... trying some alternatives
09:37 magnus     :-)
09:37 kf         ice cream?
09:37 kf         ok, so it's something else :)
09:37 kf         hm
09:36 magnus     me? never drinks beer either...
09:36 * kf       never drinks beer, so he must choose one himself
09:34 chris      kf: buy him one of these http://epicbeer.com/epic-pale-ale/
09:34 kf         or I was not able to open it
09:34 kf         http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=koha_offline_circulation_file_format is not there
09:33 kf         http://librarypolice.com/wiki.koha.org/
09:33 magnus     the first line of the .koc-file is special
09:33 kf         yep
09:32 magnus     isn't there a dump of the old wiki somwhere?
09:32 kf         perhaps i can buy you a beer or something in nz :)
09:32 magnus     ;-)
09:32 magnus     thanks
09:32 magnus     yeah that sounds about right
09:32 kf         magnus++
09:31 kf         yep, but I want the due_dates to be the same as in the horizon database, so have to make sure the rules are the same and send the checkout_date :)
09:31 magnus     just as with a regular issue
09:31 magnus     no, you just enter the patron and item barcodes, koha does the rest
09:30 kf         so I need to get that from the database
09:30 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4973 normal, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, process_koc.pl fails to process returns because of \r
09:30 magnus     kf: beware of Bug 4973!
09:30 kf         ah ok
09:30 magnus     the day the item was checked out - due date depends on item type etc
09:29 kf         is borrowdate the due_date or the day the item was checked out?
09:28 kf         do you know if you can tell the due_date?
09:27 kf         ok
09:27 magnus     yes
09:27 magnus     it's just date + tab + the word "issue" + tab + patron barcode + tab + book barcode
09:27 kf         ok, tab separated lines
09:27 chris      :)
09:27 kf         chris: ok, so perhaps we need to argue about the definition ;)
09:26 chris      if you send a patch, you're a developer
09:26 magnus     can you read this? "$borrowdate\tissue\t$patron_barcode\t$book_barcode\n"
09:26 kf         but perhaps the way to go
09:26 kf         if you get it to work
09:25 magnus     an easy way to look at the format is to install one of the offline tools and do some sample "transactions"
09:25 kf         (and not a developer, but no time to argue about that now)
09:25 magnus     :-)
09:24 kf         although chris seems to think I am a developer - Im not good in reading code
09:24 kf         what you loaded into koha
09:24 magnus     um, what kind of file? input? output?
09:23 kf         hm an example file perhaps?
09:22 magnus     and i had to convert from biblionumber to item-barcode and patron id to patron barcode
09:20 magnus     here is the script i used: http://github.com/MagnusEnger/LibrioTools/blob/master/tidem/loans.pl much of it is about parsing the data (which was in html!!!)
09:20 chris      if you find some, please put it on the wiki :)
09:19 kf         I read some people used it for migration and I think it would solve a lot of my problems to do it this way
09:19 kf         or an example file?
09:18 kf         magnus: do you have some documentation?
09:18 magnus     kf: yes you can use it for migrating checkouts, i have done it... ;-)
09:11 kf         chris: yep, I thought there was documentation on the old wiki, but can not find it
09:10 chris      you'd need to ask kyle
09:05 kf         thinking about migration - can u use the offline circulation format for migration of checkouts? and is the format documented somewhere?
08:50 kf         chris: I like the new format
08:43 chris      http://www.kohacon10.org.nz/2010/program/bio.html#lee   kristina has been putting the bios up
08:43 chris      http://www.kohacon10.org.nz/2010/program/day1.html
08:25 wasabi     ive been very keen to see SOLR's asian/CJK character-searching in action
08:23 wasabi     heya amit :)
08:19 Amit       heya wasabi
08:14 hdl        we would have to rebase and re test all the stuff.
08:13 hdl        We diverged quite a bit.
08:12 hdl        wasabi: not yet.
08:12 wasabi     wow! biblibre has a SOLR branch :)
08:10 wasabi     thank you, i'll take a look tonight!
08:10 wasabi     hdl: ahh, i understand now
08:09 chris      and then merge in your stuffs
08:09 chris      might want to pull that off into a branch based off kc/master wasabi
08:08 wasabi     ahh, to k-c.org?
08:08 wasabi     to  http://git.biblibre.com ?
08:08 hdl        and pushed
08:08 hdl        was committed on our master.
08:07 chris      cool
08:07 wasabi     w00t, great news hdl
08:06 wasabi     heya folks
08:06 hdl        wasabi: we did some work on that too
08:06 magnus     bonjour hdl
08:06 hdl        hi magnus and all
08:06 wasabi     after a sweet few weeks of productive bib cleaning/re-shuffling
08:05 hdl        hi chris
08:05 wasabi     ive resumed work on the dreaded mutli-holds feature again..
08:05 chris      hows things up there?
08:04 wasabi     ... just back from the coast
08:04 chris      hi mason
08:04 wasabi     evening all..
08:04 chris      yup, looks all good, it merged cleanly
08:03 magnus     chris: thanks for checking out my kohanor-branch! thought it might save us some time later on...
08:03 magnus     hi chris & #koha
08:02 chris      hi magnus
07:58 chris      yep, i just always think its better to do it right first, than spend hours/weeks/months cleaning up from when its gone wrong
07:54 kf         chris: I think we have to think about it a bit more, it depends what it doable for us.
07:53 kf         chris: sorry, was afk and now in a meeting
07:38 chris      but its a lot better still than having a svn repository
07:37 chris      if you do a git rebase and get conflicts your koha is busted while you fix them
07:37 chris      running a dev install on production is a little dangerous
07:37 chris      yeah, building the packages isnt too hard, but i didnt want to spring that on susan as well, ideally you have a dev install where you do your development then deploy to production with packages
07:36 chris      back
07:07 kf         morning again #koha
06:30 cait       time to go to work, bbl
05:19 cait       cool
05:18 robin      still has a bit of streamlining to do, I'm trying to build a staging system so our QA folks can test things quickly and easily.
05:17 robin      heh yeah, that could be an issue. The guts of the packaging stuff I do is here: http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Building_Debian_Packages
05:17 cait       not sure he wll manage to show me all the things he wanted to :)
05:16 cait       robin: chris told me a bit about it and promised to show me at kohacon
05:13 robin      Merge in all the branches you want for the particular package variation, build, deploy.
05:12 robin      I'm finding local packages to be quite handy for that kind of thing.
05:09 cait       and I m thinking we will really want to switch to a dev install
05:09 cait       not more than you already said
05:08 cait       I think I can not
05:07 chris      if you can help susan out on the mailing list cait, that would be awesome :-)
05:07 chris      back later
05:07 chris      right, home time
05:07 munin      chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0�C (5:00 PM NZST on August 02, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
05:07 chris      @wunder wellington nz
05:07 cait       hm, back to rain
05:07 munin      cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 18.0�C (7:00 AM CEST on August 02, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 99%. Dew Point: 18.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
05:07 cait       @wunder Konstanz
05:05 cait       hi chris
05:05 chris      hi cait
05:00 cait       morning #koha
04:06 chris      hi Amit
04:05 Amit       heya chris
00:17 robin      Information about zebra on debian squeeze: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=591307