Time  Nick       Message
23:47 larsw      haha
23:47 * chris_n  ducks
23:47 chris_n    how about Librarian's Information Entry System aka LIES
23:45 pianohac2  It should be different in each document, to keep the librarians alert
23:44 pianohac2  consistent wording is boring
23:35 larsw      OPAC is Open Public Access Catalog; STAFF is Secret Tool And Fiddling Facility... that should be clear enough for everyone
23:34 chris      it works for opus
23:33 chris      library staff
23:32 robin      chris: that doesn't work inside a company: everyone is staff
23:29 larsw      oh, that's short and clear
23:29 chris      usually
23:28 chris      i say staff side
23:28 larsw      . o O (/me dares not suggest Librarian Interface Web)
23:27 larsw      I've seen and used "intranet" in a few places
23:26 robin      OK Koha people, we need a snappy term for the librarian side of the system, like OPAC is for the client side. I'm sick of writing synonyms for 'librarian interface' :)
23:00 pianohac1  Anyone using Koha with the latest ubuntu?
22:49 Brooke     pfft thank me when I do summat :P
22:49 chris      thanks Brooke
22:49 Brooke     cheers folks, feel free to assign me gopher duties
22:49 reed       oh bloody hell
22:47 Brooke     yank to kiwi filtre, engage!
22:46 chris      reed: you can be our american translator
22:46 BobB       Must go now.  Cheers.
22:45 BobB       Will do that by email Chris.  Thx.
22:45 chris      and ill add you
22:45 chris      BobB: if you ahve a google login and want to see the programme lemme know
22:44 Brooke     I'm getting more psyched the closer it gets
22:44 BobB       Thanks all.  Its sounding good.
22:44 Brooke     thanks jo
22:44 chris      cya jo
22:44 jo         agenda to get out
22:44 jo         thanks folks - i have to dash
22:44 chris      heh
22:42 Brooke     someone sent a message about the translation
22:42 Brooke     okay
22:41 chris      :)
22:41 chris      but apart from that, no
22:41 chris      you are running the sausage sizzle
22:41 reed       (er - get anything assigned to me?)
22:40 reed       (so, meant to be present for the kohacon thing -- did I miss anything?)
22:40 chris      i think pretty much everything else is under control .. anyone have anything else?
22:39 chris      fab
22:39 BobB       chris:  I'll ask Irma to do that if you like.
22:38 BobB       chris: too cool for school!
22:38 chris      and get ppl to fill it in
22:38 chris      maybe someone could send an email out about that page
22:38 Brooke     sping!
22:38 chris      http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon10_Translators
22:35 BobB       Jo: Irma's idea.  But thx.
22:35 jo         thats a great idea Bob :)
22:35 chris      and ask people to fill it in
22:35 chris      cool, how about we do a page on the wiki
22:34 BobB       Irma can help with French and German, for example
22:34 chris      i think with paul and irma we have french covered :)
22:34 chris      so that if we do need help we have an idea who to ask
22:33 chris      i think it would be nice if we got a list of who speaks what
22:33 chris      but
22:33 chris      i dont think so
22:33 chris      not sure on both accounts
22:33 chris      hmmm
22:33 BobB       Also, will anyone need language support at the conference?
22:32 BobB       Irma asks whether any translations are needed?
22:30 chris      after we get the programme up and do some publicity, im sure we will get a flurry
22:30 chris      but yeah, free conferences ppl are always slow to register
22:29 BobB       Hmmmm.  OK.
22:28 chris      nope
22:28 chris      lemme check
22:28 BobB       Any registered yet, Chris?
22:27 BobB       When the program is out CALYX will start promoting to customers and interested others.  We hope some Aussies will cross the ditch.
22:26 Brooke     yes m
22:25 jo         if I only get 3 or 4 I'll just use my own car
22:25 jo         Brooke: I need to confirm the booking on 30th June so really do need reistrations in the next fortnight
22:25 chris      cool
22:25 BobB       Chris: on Qantas using points, I think.
22:24 chris      cya russ
22:24 Brooke     watch the food! That's the infamous Richard airline sorta
22:24 jo         cya Russ
22:24 russ       thanks everyone
22:24 * russ     has to go
22:24 chris      BobB: nice, yeah on virginblue?
22:24 jo         Bob: that would be by far the easist for you
22:24 russ       once I have talked to her i will publish the next meeting time
22:24 jo         Brooke: yep :)
22:24 BobB       Jo:  OK.  Sounds like Irma and I can come direct to Wellington.
22:24 russ       Next Meeting time: I want to confirm with nicole when she is availble
22:23 Brooke     <--- is keen, and must show Jo the money!
22:23 jo         and Mark from Albany has access to a second van if we need more seats
22:23 jo         Bob: I know of 6 or so who are keen
22:23 chris      its 95% overseas
22:23 jo         Chris: ok
22:23 chris      thats not counting quite a few ppl i know are coing
22:23 jo         I'm planning 12 in a van with a trailer for luggage.
22:23 russ       Goal is to publish programme as soon as possible
22:23 chris      jo: bout 45 at the mo
22:22 russ       Call for papers closed - programme full - Chris, Russ and Nicole will coordinate contacting presenters
22:22 chris      russ: sweet
22:22 jo         Bob: I have 1 confirmed.
22:22 BobB       Jo:  how are the numbers for the roadtrip?  Will you fit on one bus?
22:22 russ       ok to recap
22:22 jo         Russ: cool.
22:21 russ       they won't be using their gear during the day
22:21 Brooke     so good job somebody and or the dude's own research
22:21 jo         how are registrations going Chris?
22:21 russ       i am going to talk to a couple of mates in bands here
22:21 jo         :)
22:21 Brooke     and it was already there
22:21 Brooke     I went to check it out
22:21 russ       jo: if you know anyone with radio mics/speakers/sound desk
22:21 Brooke     Wellllll
22:21 Brooke     that's even remotely LIS
22:21 chris      oh yeah
22:21 Brooke     that has like every conference every where
22:21 Brooke     a long time ago when animals could talk, I offered to see if I could get us listed on this amazing Library Conference site
22:20 Brooke     but em
22:20 Brooke     or noticed
22:20 Brooke     dunno if anyone said this
22:20 chris      av gear is what we need
22:20 russ       i think we are done
22:20 jo         Are we done now or what else needs to be covered?
22:20 russ       we have some stuff here
22:20 russ       jo: send me an email
22:20 russ       sorry team i have to head off to another meeting
22:20 jo         Russ: do want to know about equipment ie that I have a prohjector and screen I can bring down?
22:19 jo         but I will bear that advice in mind
22:18 jo         Thanks Brooke - I';ve got a travel agent on it and her prices were miles better than I could get
22:18 Brooke     those guys often offer group discounts that are higher than online rates, and it's a pet peeve
22:18 jo         What else do we need to cover now?
22:18 Brooke     if you want help hotel wrangling, I'll help
22:18 pianohac1  Hi Brooke
22:17 jo         bit of a glitch with the hotel rooms lost but lining up a different one now (and prices went up too much so I'm calm about the change)
22:17 Brooke     exactly
22:17 Brooke     *nod*
22:16 BobB       So ask now and if no go ask again in July.
22:16 jo         Brooke: council run July - June
22:16 Brooke     that can often have a lot to do with donations and sponsorships?
22:16 Brooke     what's their fiscal year?
22:16 jo         KohaCon registrations and financial commitment is open now.
22:16 jo         hi Jesse
22:15 chris      true
22:15 Brooke     hey there jesse
22:15 jo         i think so - i hoped so but you never can tell with council's
22:15 BobB       Jo: very nice!
22:15 chris      nice
22:15 jo         Word is our council will be sponsoring the reception up our way
22:14 Brooke     ++ russ, it's good to see real cooperation
22:14 chris      might help out with that
22:14 chris      tourism wellington, or wotzon.com
22:14 chris      BobB: good idea
22:14 russ       thanks again to tall teh sponsors
22:14 BobB       I guess WCC is the city council?  They might help you with tourist info or other stuff if we will try to put a satchel together?
22:14 russ       chris: agreed
22:14 chris      Brooke: yeah, exactly
22:13 chris      jo: yeah we'll be fine
22:13 Brooke     they'll come out 9 rounds ahead if you ask me, at least.
22:13 jo         well it looks like we'll be okayish
22:13 chris      jo: i doubt it
22:13 chris      http://thelibrary.co.nz/
22:12 jo         digital innovation / initiatoive / busineees house money around from WCC?
22:12 BobB       chris: beer for me thanks. :)
22:12 jo         True.would there be any WCC money or
22:12 chris      seems foolish not to ask them to sponsor a round
22:11 chris      also the library bar here in wellington
22:11 jo         russ: cool.
22:11 jo         I'd love to see a few libraries donating too - not heaps - but a token. everyone knows conferences cost to run
22:11 BobB       chris: great idea
22:11 russ       and i will contact them closer to the time
22:11 russ       jo: cash - which is fine, there are some other orgs who have indicated they can help in other ways
22:10 chris      if they would donate a couple of copies of her book
22:10 chris      i was thinking to ask nicole to ask her publisher
22:10 jo         for cash or services?
22:10 russ       but it all appears to be in hand
22:10 russ       I have been turned down by 2 other orgs (at the moment :-))
22:09 chris      and maybe tamil
22:09 jo         but will be next budget now
22:09 jo         I am planning to give $500 from HLT as well
22:09 chris      those are the ones i know about
22:08 chris      right, so to come - biblibre, catalyst and lee from montana
22:08 chris      and frederic from tamil was offering some sponsorship, which would allow for some morning teas, ill follow up with him on that
22:08 jo         Donations recd from: Bywater, Magnes, Calyx, Miguel and Equinox
22:07 jo         great
22:07 chris      yep catalyst is covering that
22:07 russ       jo: i know there is still a contribution to come in
22:07 jo         a final payment of $2092 will be due on 25/09 and we will be bit a bit short for that one.
22:07 chris      some of that is earmarked i think too, the stuff from lee anyway
22:07 Brooke     ++
22:07 chris      cool
22:06 jo         next payment is $1046 on the 25th July so thats covered
22:06 jo         we have $2280.66 still in the nbank
22:06 russ       jo: yep
22:06 jo         Finances now?
22:05 jo         k
22:05 chris      i have one
22:05 jo         Bob: great topic
22:05 jo         is there a list of registratnts received already
22:05 chris      yeah its a timely and good topic
22:04 BobB       If you want the paper, I'm happy to do it.
22:04 russ       and then start the registration drive
22:04 jo         or headaches for lack of sleep thanks to ratbag twins, 1 of which stayed up very late and the other got up very earlytwin
22:04 chris      BobB: we are going to be emailing speakers over the next 2 weeks, to confirm they can still do their talks, you are good to go with yours?
22:04 russ       the plan is to get some info up on the site early july
22:03 russ       jo: yeah
22:03 jo         lots of NZ-soccer hangovers today
22:03 Brooke     indeed beat me to it :D
22:03 BobB       Good morning all.  Well done NZ for draw with Slovakia.  Very exciting.
22:03 chris      we can ask bob right now, save an email :)
22:03 jo         that might generate more registrations too
22:02 russ       and then we can start publishing to the website
22:02 jo         hi Bob
22:02 chris      heya BobB
22:02 Brooke     LITA's schedule was great in terms of how they made it fold behind a namebadge. Not so great in terms of font size.
22:02 chris      cool
22:02 russ       ok so plan is to contact the presenters in the next 2 weeks, get them to confirm
22:01 Brooke     *nod*
22:01 jo         yep
22:01 russ       heh
22:01 chris      cos hallwaycon is the most important part
22:01 jo         good idea
22:01 russ       chris: nicole has offered to help with the emailing the presenters
22:01 chris      yeah i tried not to make the days too crammed
22:01 chris      anyone who wants to see it, lemme know your google account email address and ill add ya
22:01 jo         and lots of time for networking and talking too
22:00 jo         the programme looks good
22:00 russ       np
22:00 Brooke     howdy sorry I'm late
22:00 chris      yay its Brooke :)
22:00 jo         waves
22:00 chris      have some neat talks
22:00 chris      but its looking pretty good
22:00 chris      then ill get more ppl to check the programme, we might shuffle some things around
21:59 chris      next step is emailing all the people and confirming they can/are still coming
21:59 russ       excellnet
21:59 jo         brillliant :)
21:59 chris      so thats great
21:59 chris      and we are totally filled up
21:59 chris      calls for talks closed last night nz time
21:59 chris      ill do a quick run down on the programme
21:58 Nate       Great will do!
21:58 chris      you can point out when our schemes are mad Nate :)
21:58 jo         can you make coffee?
21:58 Nate       can I be of any assistance?
21:58 chris      sweet thanks
21:58 jo         sorry just getting update on fuinances
21:58 chris      cool
21:57 jo         yep
21:57 chris      jo ?
21:57 russ       be a nice quick meeting then :-)
21:57 russ       and fair enough
21:57 chris      jo was about
21:57 chris      it might be just you and me as nicole is on the road and most of nz is asleep after watching football all night
21:56 * russ     -> Russel Garlick, Catalyst
21:56 chris      me
21:56 russ       first up - who is here for the meeting
21:56 russ       KohaCon10 volunteers meeting starting now
21:56 chris      cool
21:56 russ       ok start time
21:52 russ       3 mins to KohaCon volunteers meeting
21:08 LBA        okay, happy to lurk.
21:08 chris      its the kohacon volunteers meeting, so not a full community one
21:08 LBA        by accident :-[
21:07 chris      cool
21:07 LBA        chris, yes, I'll be here.
21:02 chris      LBA: gonna stick round for the meeting in 50 minutes or so?
20:54 cait       night LBA
20:54 LBA        nighty night cait
20:53 * LBA      applauds.  got three channels going.
20:53 cait       good night #koha
20:53 chris      hi jo
20:51 jo         hiya
20:50 pianohack  Hi, lowercase jo
20:47 jwagner    G'night, all....
20:43 * LBA      back later
20:43 LBA        welllll, guess, I'll go out and see if I can do it the other way around.  I'm trapped on this server so far....
20:39 chris      hmm that seems to work
20:39 moodaepo   LBA: Works for me on Ubuntu I'm connected to koha and evergreen on diff servers
20:38 LBA        that's what I thought but it isn't working for me
20:37 * chris    tries
20:37 chris      LBA: you should be able to just make another 'account'
20:36 LBA        hi chris. pidgin won't let me start up another channel on another server...
20:36 jwagner    Terrific.  Will look forward to it :-)
20:36 chris      jwagner: yep, something like htat
20:36 chris      LBA: if you plan to use irc a bit, i recommend looking into something like bip
20:36 jwagner    In the patron record, like a radio button or something?
20:35 chris      it'll be a simple as a switch, basicaly its a one time login switch
20:35 chris      if you set it
20:35 jwagner    When we load patron data & set a default password, it would be nice to make them change it
20:35 chris      yep
20:35 jwagner    Will that also take effect for when patrons are created/loaded for the first time?
20:34 jwagner    GREAT
20:34 chris      exactly like that
20:34 chris      yep
20:34 jwagner    Like if staff resets a password, the next time the patron logs into the OPAC they have to change it?
20:34 chris      the temporary ones? yep
20:34 jwagner    Just a followup on that patron password you were talking about -- for 3.4, is it going to have the ability to force a password change?
20:33 chris      LBA: yeah you can
20:33 chris      sup jwagner
20:33 chris      back
20:29 wizzyrea   hi richard
20:29 richard    hi
20:29 wizzyrea   I think you can
20:22 LBA        at the same time...
20:22 LBA        anyone know if I can connect to two different IRC servers/channels using Pidgin?
20:15 wizzyrea   :D
20:15 LBA        good!  getting the hang of the world of IRC - it rocks!
20:14 wizzyrea   how you doin today
20:14 LBA        yo
20:14 wizzyrea   heya LBA
20:09 jwagner    chris, back yet?
19:50 cait       hm will think about it tomorrow
19:48 cait       because with fine interval 5 and grace period 0 the first fine is set five days after due date
19:48 cait       and Im testing with negative grace periods now... I really hope it worked
19:47 cait       because we have weekly fine intervals and you want to tell them: you have x fines on your books now
19:47 jwagner    Ah. That's a different issue.  I don't know of any development along those lines, but it shouldn't be too hard to do.  We did something similar for hold expiration, so the pickup expiration date didn't fall on a calendar holiday
19:46 cait       when there is a holiday in the week it gets out of sync
19:46 cait       with weekly fine interval, fines work nice, but notices are a problem
19:46 cait       I have to time fines and notices to the same day
19:45 jwagner    Hmmm.  I'm not sure I see the reasoning.  If it's overdue, why not send the notice even if it's a holiday?  they can always wait to check their email until the next day.
19:45 cait       like fines
19:45 cait       send it on the next opening day instead
19:45 cait       exactly
19:44 jwagner    cait, in what sense? Not to send an overdue on a holiday date?
19:44 wizzyrea   but I will back up all the same
19:44 * chris_n  hands wizzyrea a pair of safety glasses
19:44 wizzyrea   hehe, my koha install is really nothing to write home about
19:44 cait       is there development to make odue notices listen to the calendar/holidays?
19:43 * jwagner  reminds wizzyrea that backups are a Good Thing
19:43 wizzyrea   ^.^
19:43 wizzyrea   <.<
19:43 wizzyrea   >.>
19:43 jwagner    wizzyrea, need some help?  I feel like doing that too :-)
19:43 wizzyrea   where stuff = my koha install
19:43 wizzyrea   sorry.
19:43 wizzyrea   stuff.
19:43 wizzyrea   er
19:43 wizzyrea   ok wish me luck I'm about to blow shit up.
19:43 chris_n    I think the problem with 3.0.x is a data formatting issue
19:43 jwagner    Hmmm.  I thought I remembered a specific patch, but it's been a while.  I'll dig deeper when I get a chance.
19:42 wizzyrea   someone was in here yesterday asking about 3.0.6 and not being able to search by acq date
19:42 * chris_n  heads back off to finish an estimate.. yuk
19:42 chris_n    but it works in the current head afaik
19:42 chris      ok bus time
19:42 jwagner    chris, yes, that would be a nice feature.
19:42 chris_n    jwagner: I never could find the bug either
19:42 wizzyrea   luv
19:42 chris      along with temporary passwords
19:41 jwagner    Speaking of labels, though, I remember a bug from early last year with searching by acquisition date in creating a batch.  I know it was fixed, but I can't find the bug report.  Ring any bells for anyone?
19:41 wizzyrea   sorry, that came off less excited than i actually was
19:41 wizzyrea   !
19:41 cait       nice
19:41 wizzyrea   wahoo
19:41 chris      thats what i suggested, and yep it will be in 3.4
19:41 wizzyrea   but that's diff from emailing the password
19:41 chris      yes thats fine
19:41 wizzyrea   just sayin
19:41 wizzyrea   ok, a password recovery function might be useful
19:40 jwagner    If the client insists, and pays us to do it, we'll do it.  But we REALLY STRONGLY pointed out to them that it was a Bad Idea, and were quite glad to be able to kill it in the end.
19:40 chris_n    but the template code does not accommodate that layout type atm
19:40 cait       oooh
19:40 chris      'how about no?'
19:40 chris      we want to be able to email ppl their lost passwords
19:40 chris_n    jwagner: the "alternating" layout type is part of the vestigial stuff
19:40 chris      heh ive had that one
19:40 jwagner    cait, go stand in a corner!
19:39 cait       clear passswords?
19:39 jwagner    Actually, that by itself wouldn't be a problem, but some of the OTHER stuff they want to do....
19:39 * chris_n  thinks most anything can be done... its just a question of buffer overrun
19:38 jwagner    shhhh.  Let's not encourage them :-)
19:38 chris_n    jwagner: it could certainly be done, however
19:38 jwagner    Thanks, chris_n, just wanted to verify current functionality
19:38 wizzyrea   it was def a facepalm moment.
19:38 wizzyrea   i mean, they're clearly marked in the OPAC
19:38 chris_n    jwagner: there were some vestigial capabilities like that in the very old labels code, but they did not work well and I have not had time to add such to the new code
19:38 wizzyrea   what's the harm in showing your patrons that you have another copy, in your professional collection, that you don't loan?
19:37 chris      yeah
19:37 wizzyrea   we're like, why?
19:37 chris      ummm
19:37 wizzyrea   so patrons can't see that they have them
19:37 wizzyrea   but they want to hide these items from the opac
19:37 wizzyrea   they are marked not for loan
19:37 wizzyrea   we have a library that has a collection of kids books (duplicate to their normal collection) just for storytime
19:36 wizzyrea   lol
19:36 chris      if i cant press f8 on this page, god kills a kitten
19:36 chris      yeah, it really is pretty amazing eh jwagner
19:36 jwagner    I am running out of astonishment capacity for what various librarians think are absolutely necessary processes....
19:35 chris      my favourite clients are always the ones who realise a new library system is the perfect time to examine their business practices and decide if things make sense, or if they are just doing things cos thats how they do things
19:34 chris      heh
19:34 wizzyrea   er, odd.
19:34 wizzyrea   I'm glad to know that I don't have the only really crazy workflows in my system :)
19:34 wizzyrea   aha
19:34 wizzyrea   I agree with that sentiment.
19:33 jwagner    It's for a site with a very odd workflow.  Before we go back & say "you're going to have to change your workflow" I wanted to verify existing options.
19:33 chris      and realise some things just arent
19:33 wizzyrea   ya
19:33 chris      ie, lets do things because they are good ideas
19:33 chris      not that they did it
19:33 chris      and thats the reason to do it
19:33 chris      they might do things well
19:33 wizzyrea   (imo)
19:32 wizzyrea   well, they do some things very well, but the very best ILS fits the product to the librarian, not the librarian to the product (which is what sirsi did very well... making people's workflow match the ils, not the other way around)
19:31 chris      i for one am sick of that as a reason for doing things
19:31 wizzyrea   or iii
19:31 wizzyrea   ;)
19:31 wizzyrea   sirsi did it?
19:31 wizzyrea   lemme guess...
19:31 chris      and might be solving a problem that doesnt need to be solved
19:30 wizzyrea   the templating bit seems to be predicated on the same format being replicated on every label on the sheet
19:30 chris      but yeah,having a template that has 2 different types of labels on it ... might be possible, but sounds like something that is far more likely to go wrong than right
19:30 chris      you can do same batch for different templates
19:30 wizzyrea   but what do I know
19:29 wizzyrea   well it seems rather like a relatively fringe scenario to me
19:29 jwagner    I didn't remember ever hearing about that capability, but I might not have beenpaying attention....
19:28 wizzyrea   hm, I think you can do something like use the same batch for different templates, but I'm not sure you can do both on the same sheet
19:27 jwagner    I imagine they want to print, say, a spine label and a back-of-book label at the same time.
19:27 wizzyrea   I have a 3.2 test server if you'd like to play around with it.
19:26 wizzyrea   jwagner: i'm not sure, actually. It seems fairly flexible but I'm having a hard time visualizing what exact type of output you/they are looking for
19:25 wizzyrea   hmm
19:25 jwagner    That's more than I have :-) Question from one of our sites -- does it have the ability to print set of labels -- 2 disparate label types on the same sheet of label paper
19:24 wizzyrea   some
19:24 jwagner    Apparently not :-(  wizzyrea, have you played with his label feature?
19:24 chrisd     jwagner.  Thanks for the help
19:22 jwagner    chris_n, online?
19:22 chrisd     ok.  I'll check back another time.  I'm just playing around to see what it can do.  :-)
19:20 jwagner    Hrmm.  We probably need jdavidb's input, and he's off work today.
19:20 wizzyrea   not judgin, just sayin.
19:19 * wizzyrea notes that harley is the ptfs only release, and that all mainline koha releases are done through download.koha-community.org
19:18 chrisd     No luck...bummer
19:13 chrisd     let me try..hold on a  sec.  i'll make a change and run rebuild_zebra
19:12 jwagner    If you make any kind of edit to one of the hidden titles, and wait for zebra to pick it up, does the title then show in the OPAC?
19:12 chrisd     Didn't work...  :-(
19:11 chrisd     I'm going to try to shut the OPACItemholds off and see what happens.
19:09 jwagner    Well, that wasn't it....  We have an item suppression feature that makes use of subfield i in the item record -- if all items on a title are marked as suppressed, the title is also suppressed in the OPAC.  However, your items don't have a 952 subfield i.  Nor do you have a 942 title suppression that I can see.  I'm puzzled...
19:03 chrisd     i'm sending it right now
19:03 jwagner    I have an idea, then, but I need to see the item data to confirm
19:02 chrisd     yes i can see the titles in staff mode
19:01 jwagner    Forgot to ask, you can search & see these titles in staff mode?
18:58 chrisd     ok
18:58 jwagner    Do an export from your Koha system under Tools, so I can see all the item info that's there now.
18:57 chrisd     i'm working on getting the item records.
18:57 chrisd     same branches.  We have multiple branches but the mulivolume sets (items) are usually all at the same branch.
18:55 jwagner    multiple items, that is
18:55 jwagner    I just verified on one of our test systems, and titles with multiple titles show up fine.  Are these for different branches? Do you have independent branches on maybe?
18:52 jwagner    I don't think it would have to do with that syspref, but I'll take a look
18:52 jwagner    attach the MARC records to email -- jwagner@ptfs.com
18:51 chrisd     Be glad to.  How do you want me to send them?  Also, I was wondering if it might have something to do with OPACITEMHOLDS
18:50 jwagner    Definitely odd -- I've never seen that one in testing.  Maybe you could send me a couple of sample records (one single, one multiple)?
18:49 chrisd     yeah, all the titles with only one item show up fine...weird
18:49 jwagner    But other titles do show up OK?
18:49 chrisd     The title
18:48 jwagner    Do you mean the title itself doesn't show in the OPAC? or just the items?
18:48 chrisd     I dont' have it public.  I'm on a local test server
18:47 jwagner    Shouldn't be -- URL for an example?
18:47 chrisd     Just wanted to pick your brains here.  I've been playing with the Harley Release and all the records that have multiple items attached are not showing up in the OPAC.  All the other records are showing up fine.  Is this possibly a setting?
18:45 * chris    wanders off to get ready for work, bbiab
18:45 chrisd     Hi there
18:45 chris      morning
18:40 jwagner    Hi hdl -- cait was afraid we had scared you off
18:39 hdl        hi cait
18:39 cait       wb hdl
18:32 jwagner    Oh, well....
18:32 cait       we scared hdl away
18:29 munin      jwagner: Karma for "XSLT" has been increased 2 times and decreased 3 times for a total karma of -1.
18:29 jwagner    @karma XSLT
18:29 jwagner    XSLT--
18:29 jwagner    And while we're at it....
18:28 cait       jsp--
18:28 jwagner    It deserves it!
18:28 cait       ooh poor css
18:28 cait       my html is outdated too :) html5 is not int he course yet
18:28 jwagner    So There!
18:28 jwagner    css--
18:27 munin      jwagner: css has neutral karma.
18:27 jwagner    @karma css
18:27 munin      cait: Karma for "jsp" has been increased 0 times and decreased 5 times for a total karma of -5.
18:27 cait       @karma jsp
18:27 munin      cait: Karma for "java" has been increased 0 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of -1.
18:27 cait       @karma java
18:23 jwagner    And the basic HTML I do know was learned back in the early days and is now completely outdated.  Most of the commands I use are now deprecated.  Sigh.
18:22 jwagner    I think it has that effect on everyone.  But CSS _really_ is incomprehensible to me.
18:19 cait       I like html and css... but java makes me harrumph ;)
18:16 jwagner    (I seem to have a mental block about understanding HTML and CSS....)
18:15 jwagner    Oh, good.  You can be our backup to owen for all the OPAC questions :-)
18:14 cait       my current course is about html/css and javaserver pages
18:13 cait       bachelor of science in the end... somewhere in the not so near future
18:13 cait       Im doing a distance study computer science
18:05 jwagner    What's the exam for -- certification?
18:03 jwagner    me harrumphs in sympathy
17:57 * cait     harrumphs
17:56 cait       can only register for the real exam when I pass the online tests
17:55 cait       stayed at home today to finish everything, deadline is at noon tomorrow
17:54 cait       no
17:53 jwagner    That doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the day .....
17:53 cait       not enough time to finish uml diagram :( *sigh*
17:53 cait       i was alone here half of the day, but left some time ago to do my online exam for distance study
17:52 cait       hi jwagner
17:52 jwagner    Hi cait.  Been a _real_ quiet day here....
17:51 cait       hi koha
13:23 nelsonlib  Hey there, I'm looking for some help with the 'Add Item' function of the Batch Label Creator
13:06 cait       albertos: hm, perhaps unimarc is differnet here, but it seems a bit strange to me
13:02 cait       albertos: its very important for loan conditions
13:01 cait       albertos: hm, itype should be a pulldown
12:53 albertos   and its ok now
12:53 albertos   to bind over items.itype
12:52 albertos   i edited the subfield
12:52 albertos   for the "r" field i was talking about before...
12:52 albertos   ps.
12:47 cait       not sure how to do it, perhaps one of the developers has an idea
12:47 albertos   but there is a need now for displaying the full catalog
12:47 albertos   yes... we do that also...
12:45 cait       thts what I normally do
12:45 cait       or if you have the marcorgcode in every title you can search for that
12:45 cait       you can try and search on all item types
12:45 cait       when you leave it blank, you get to adv search
12:45 cait       hm I think no
12:41 albertos   is there an analog in catalog?
12:41 albertos   and displays everything
12:41 albertos   i leave a blank field
12:41 albertos   like in authorities
12:41 albertos   i meant all biblios
12:41 albertos   no..
12:40 cait       title = bibliographic information
12:39 cait       there is no separate view for only items, they are always displayed below the title
12:38 cait       all items are displayed at the title
12:38 cait       not sure what you want to do
12:34 albertos   all entries
12:34 albertos   how can i display all items in my catalog in backend?
12:34 albertos   simple question... that i cant find anywhere..
12:33 albertos   hi again...
12:10 albertos   :-)
12:10 albertos   and postback
12:10 albertos   i' ll try to figure it
12:10 albertos   i'
12:10 albertos   ok
12:10 cait       sorry :(
12:08 albertos   3.0.06
12:07 cait       which koha version?
12:07 albertos   normal field
12:07 albertos   its in default
12:07 cait       is it a pulldown or a normal field?
12:07 albertos   did changed anything
12:07 cait       no, dont think so.
12:07 cait       koha to marc mapping?
12:06 albertos   is it supposed to happen?
12:06 albertos   cant find anything (till now) but i'll check again
12:06 cait       perhaps there is something in the error logs?
12:06 albertos   oh...
12:05 cait       using marc21 :(
12:04 albertos   any suggestions?
12:01 albertos   yeap
12:00 cait       unimarc?
11:59 albertos   does anyone knows why this is happening?
11:59 albertos   and we have to enter it again...
11:58 albertos   that particular field... contains no data
11:58 albertos   but when we edit that item...
11:58 albertos   and save its ok
11:58 albertos   so... when we fill it with data
11:58 albertos   field "r - Type of item and material " is mandatory
11:58 albertos   when i edit items in koha
11:57 albertos   a question (again..)
11:57 cait       hi albertos
11:57 albertos   hi all again...
10:26 chris      :)
10:26 chris      9999 is much bigger than 2008
10:25 chris      the 008's for the records have bad values
10:25 chris      thats why
10:25 chris      9999
10:24 chris      http://granthalaya.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=24077
10:24 cait       ok, need to buy something for lunch bbl
10:24 cait       ;)
10:24 cait       ...
10:24 chris      yep, 008 it is
10:23 chris      but we need to check the version in 3.0.0
10:22 chris      thats it
10:22 cait       337 pubdate Date-of-publication
10:22 cait       336 yr Date-of-publication
10:22 cait       335 #dp Date-of-publication
10:22 cait       334 Date-of-publication 1=pubdate r=r
10:22 cait       333 #which a document is published.  046, 533$d
10:22 cait       332 #Date-publication       31  The date (usually year) in      008/07-10, 260$c
10:22 cait       in git:
10:21 cait       ccl.properties?
10:19 kmkale     in Search.pm there are no marc tags mentioned
10:19 kmkale     ?????
10:18 chris      yep, but how does yr get to be pubdate
10:18 kmkale     ,Record-source:w:range(data,39,0)
10:18 kmkale     in records.abs melm 008        date-entered-on-file:n:range(data,0,5),date-entered-on-file:s:range(data,0,5),pubdate:w:range(data,7,4),pubdate:n:range(data,7,4),pubdate:y:range(data,7,4),pubdate:s:range(data,7,4),pl:w:range(data,15,3),ta:w:range(data,22,1),ff8-23:w:range(data,23,1),ff8-29:w:range(data,29,1),lf:w:range(data,33,1),bio:w:range(data,34,1),ln:n:range(data,35,3),ctype:w:range(data,24,4)
10:17 chris      so what we have to find out is what yr ends up as
10:16 chris      yep
10:15 kmkale     $indexes_set++;
10:15 kmkale     $index .= ",st-numeric";
10:15 kmkale     if ( $index eq 'yr' ) {
10:15 kmkale     chris: # Date of Publication
10:14 cait       I think the pub year option in adv search works with 008. (3.1.61), 260 c can be problematic, not only numbers there
10:13 chris      which might be the problem
10:13 cait       or that
10:13 chris      or perhaps nothing :)
10:11 cait       chris: perhaps 008
10:11 kmkale     looking
10:10 chris      we have to find out what yr is mapped to
10:09 chris      actually no ignore that
10:09 kmkale     st-numeric looking..
10:09 kmkale     and my pub year is also mapped to 260$c
10:08 chris      st-numeric .. what does that map to?
10:06 kmkale     chris: ok. thanks. I have in records.abs "melm 260$c      copydate,copydate:s"
10:02 chris      you'll probably need to look at C4/Search.pm find what limit-yr maps to, then find out what marc field that maps to
10:01 chris      not sure for 3.0.0
10:01 kmkale     chris: look for pubdate?
10:00 chris      kmkale: yeah
09:59 kmkale     chris: record.abs?
09:58 zico       i cannot see anything in circulation thing
09:58 zico       is not there any solution??
09:58 zico       :(
09:58 chris      you might need to check what field the yr is being mapped to
09:55 chris      im guessing the indexes dont exist right then
09:55 kmkale     chris: it does not work though. that search should have got only books after 2008 but it got almost everything. incl this "Date of publication, distribution, etc  	1987"
09:50 kmkale     chris++
09:50 kmkale     chris: you are great
09:50 chris      zico: my guess would be the circulation rules
09:50 chris      kmkale: http://granthalaya.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&idx=kw&idx=kw&do=Search&limit-yr=2008-&sort_by=relevance
09:47 chris      zico: not sure, i havent seen it happen ever befor
09:45 zico       chris: what kind of setting it may be?
09:45 zico       some times i prayed to my server to make it happen!!! :D
09:44 kmkale     chris: granthalaya.org is on 3.00.00 and I haven't dared yet to upgrade :(
09:44 zico       i mean... this became an uncertainity
09:44 zico       what kind of setting it may be chris?
09:44 chris      zico: there must be some setting
09:44 chris      kmkale: ill look
09:43 chris      why 3.00.00? not 3.0.6?
09:42 zico       i really need your help guys :(
09:42 kmkale     chris: any ti: type query I can type in the box on 3.00.00?
09:42 zico       can anyone help me out?
09:42 zico       this is not black magic, right?
09:42 zico       but.. it became ok after certain time
09:42 zico       and.. this thing happened for some other users before
09:42 zico       because, the "confirmation window" does not comes for them
09:41 zico       some of my patron cannot issue their books/cds or anything
09:41 kmkale     aww I am on 3.00.00 so this is not there
09:41 zico       i am facing an annoying problem here :D
09:41 zico       by the way
09:41 chris      there are instructions there
09:41 chris      http://opac.koha.workbuffer.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl
09:41 kmkale     chris: and?
09:40 chris      kmkale: go to the advanced search
09:37 zico       this mibbit is great too! :)
09:37 zico       it`s nice to see you people here!! :)
09:37 zico       hi everyone
09:33 chris      yeah its weird
09:28 robin-hom  chris: curious. It's strange that I'm not getting a bounce from them.
09:28 chris      robin-hom: hdl reports those messages arent the queue, might have to try a resend tomorrow
09:27 chris      i suspect pipes is doing it
09:27 chris      or someones rss feed flipping out .. which causes the same thing
09:27 chris      yahoo pipes flipping out then
09:26 kmkale     From the OPAC, how do I search for all books published before certain year?
09:26 imp        chris: just take a look http://twitter.com/kohails
09:25 imp        chris: yes, i'm sure, they are all from kohails via dlvr.it and not retweets
09:25 kmkale     good afternoon
09:25 chris      you sure they werent retweets?
09:23 imp        heyho, who is in charge for the kohails twitter account? (2x4 times the same tweet...)
09:23 robin-hom  chris: hola
09:13 chris      heya robin-hom
09:06 chris      heh, there is no way its 11 out there
09:05 munin      chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 11.0�C (9:00 PM NZST on June 15, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
09:05 chris      @wunder wellington nz
08:57 chris      not sure, ill find out tomorrow :)
08:56 cait       which bug?
08:52 chris      he did another patch today as well
08:52 cait       :)
08:52 chris      ill get robin to resend
08:51 chris      yeah, i think it went missing
08:51 cait       no
08:51 cait       hm I got not mail
08:50 * chris    can't see the patch in the archives
08:50 chris      although it didnt hit the patches list did it?
08:49 chris      yep
08:49 cait       jsp-- *sighs*
08:48 cait       robin send a patch for it
08:48 chris      thanks
08:48 cait       will mark it
08:48 chris      sure looks like it to me
08:48 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=2644 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Paginate Fines
08:48 cait       I think its a duplicate to bug 2644
08:48 chris      yep?
08:47 munin      04Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4892 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Make the accounts page page, so that the list of records doesn't end up being huge.
08:47 cait       chris: bug 4892?
08:41 chris      robin: you around?
05:29 chris      cya later
05:29 chilts     ok, hometime :)
05:29 * chilts   always says never rule the Germans out
05:29 chilts     they have, and Argentina (though they were up against a keeper on fire)
05:28 chris      well according to my uneducated eye
05:28 chris      so far germany have played the best football
05:28 chris      2 defensive teams
05:27 chilts     yeah, I was saying last night that Italy bore me
05:27 chilts     I know them all already, so not too worried :)
05:27 chris      i saw some of italy v paraguay this morning .. put me back to sleep
05:27 chris      :)
05:27 chris      you dont want to know the score then ?
05:26 * chilts   taped the Holland v Denmark match last night and will watch that when he gets home
05:26 chilts     is=us :)
05:26 chilts     should be three of is (two Brits and a Kiwi) :D
05:26 chris      but quietly
05:26 chris      ditto
05:26 chilts     I have Sky so at home in a warm lounge :)
05:26 cait       and get well soon chris!
05:25 cait       12:30 pm here
05:25 chris      where are you watching it chilts ?
05:25 chris      6 hours it is
05:25 chris      i blame the cold medication
05:25 chris      i cant count
05:25 chris      oh yeah
05:23 chilts     unless you're talking rugby or something :)
05:22 chilts     11:30
05:22 chilts     6 hrs isn't it?
05:21 chris      :)
05:21 chris      4 hours til kickoff
05:18 cait       staying at home today, will take a break to watch nz later :)
05:10 cait       thx :)
05:09 chris      ahh, good luck
05:09 cait       deadline at noon tomorrow
05:09 cait       have to finish jsp things first
05:09 cait       I wll test later
05:07 chris      i hope it works, it seemed to on the de file i tried
05:07 chris      did you test the patch?
04:59 cait       chris++ # for repairing xslt translation
04:59 cait       hi chris
04:58 chris      hiya cait
04:47 cait       morning #koha