Search in IRC logs

Index





Results

Results from days 1 to 10, from overall 1850 days

Result pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186

2019-11-13

20:01 ashimema #startmeeting General IRC meeting 13 November 2019
20:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov 13 20:01:13 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 13 November 2019)
20:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_13_november_2019'
20:01 ashimema #topic Introductions
20:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 13 November 2019)
20:01 ashimema #info Please introduce yourselves using "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
20:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
20:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe, UK
20:01 caroline_crazycatlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Montréal, Canada
20:01 ashimema #chair rangi
20:01 huginn Current chairs: ashimema rangi
20:01 ashimema #chair cait
20:01 huginn Warning: Nick not in channel: cait
20:01 huginn Current chairs: ashimema cait rangi
20:01 lisettelatah #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, USA
20:02 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library, Sweden
20:02 liliputech_asu #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre, FR
20:02 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:03 davidnind joined #koha
20:03 cait joined #koha
20:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, Germany
20:04 ashimema hmm.. feels a little thin on the ground..
20:04 ashimema we'll wait a few more mins
20:04 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:04 caroline_crazycatlady thin? this is a crowd!
20:05 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
20:05 andreashm =)
20:05 caroline_crazycatlady (sorry, I'm used to mdocs meetings with like 3 ppl)
20:05 liliputech_asu my first koha general meeting :)
20:05 ashimema haha
20:05 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:05 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater
20:05 ashimema nice entrance there bag
20:05 bag :P
20:05 ashimema :)
20:06 ashimema #topic Announcements
20:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 13 November 2019)
20:07 ashimema #info We are entering string freeze for the 19.11 release as of the end of this meeting. Go forth and translate :)
20:07 ashimema Bernardo has already created the new branch on translate.koha-community.org for me and uploaded the strings.
20:08 ashimema Did I spot rangi a second ago..?
20:08 cait not on translate yet, but that might take a bit longer
20:08 davidnind #info Kohacon20 - Submissions for talks close on 1 December https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/talksubmission/
20:09 ashimema I see them on translate cait?
20:09 cait only have like 6 changes for German, that seems unrealistic :)
20:10 cait rangi: KohaCon20? :)
20:10 aleisha i have kohacon updates!
20:10 davidnind #info The third Pakisatan Kohacon is 16-18 April 2020 in Lahore, Pakistan http://2020.kohapakistan.org/
20:11 aleisha so as davidnind already noted, talk submissions close on 1 december so get them in!
20:11 ashimema ooh.. fire away :)
20:11 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:12 aleisha also we'll be updating on sponsorship soon but we have started having some conversations already. at this point we are accepting cash sponsorship as well as acknowledging organisations that sponsor their people to attend in work time
20:12 ashimema ptfs-e have asked for internal submissions by the end of this week.. just trying to work out who to send etc then we'll submit up to you guys shortly.
20:13 aleisha sounds great
20:14 aleisha those are the key updates for now, any other news will be posted to the list :)
20:14 ashimema #info KohaCon20 Sponsorship conversations are underway. Cash donations are welcome but organisations sending deligate will also be acknowledged :)
20:14 ashimema great, thanks..
20:14 ashimema any other announcements?
20:14 davidnind #info Nice write-up of the Maldives Library Association and National Library Koha training https://infomalias.wordpress.c[…]ul-koha-training/
20:15 ashimema moving on then
20:15 davidnind Koha is everywhere :)
20:15 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 13 November 2019)
20:15 inlibro joined #koha
20:16 ashimema #info 19.11 has progressed nicely the last few weeks, thanks to all for their hard work.. We're entering string freeze as of the end of this meeting.
20:17 ashimema #info 19.05 et al missed their release window in October due to too many other commitments so the November release will be a bumper one.
20:18 ashimema ok.. don't think any of the rmaints are present so I can't think of any other updates to give there..
20:18 ashimema onto the next topic we march
20:18 ashimema #topic Election of 20.05 release team
20:53 ashimema ok.. 14 it is then
20:53 caroline_crazycatlady thank you!
20:54 ashimema #info Next meeting: 11 December 2019, 14 UTC
20:54 ashimema thankyou everyone for attending :)
20:54 ashimema #endmeeting

2019-11-06

00:10 kattekrab Kia Ora Koha friends!
00:10 kattekrab is KohaCon on topic here?
00:11 kattekrab I'm looking for sponsorship info
00:11 kattekrab https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/sponsors/ . <== this says "Sponsorship options will be announced in September 2019."
00:15 rangi yeah we are running behind, we'll catch up tho
13:04 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 6 November 2019
13:04 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  6 13:04:01 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 November 2019)
13:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_6_november_2019'
13:04 ashimema #topic Introductions
13:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 November 2019)
13:04 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:04 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum. Netherlands
13:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:05 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
13:05 urra joined #koha
13:05 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_6_November_2019 Agenda
13:05 ashimema thanks cait.. I was just digging that one out :)
13:06 ashimema #topic Announcements
13:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 November 2019)
13:07 ashimema #info We have now been in Feature Slush for the 19.11 release for a week and will be progressing to Feature Freeze as of this evening (UK time)
13:08 ashimema #info Feature Freeze means we will only be considering bugfixes for the release past tonight, if you're enhancement isn't already pushed by the end of today it will not be pushed this cycle.
13:08 ashimema fridolin, did you want to update us on October releases here or as part of rmaint updates?
13:08 ebegin joined #koha
13:09 thd Binary data storage mode for Koha Wiki database migration from Postgres to MySQL now conquered for building the database structure.  Debian old version time machine used.
13:09 thd Currently writing a perl script to run it all.
13:10 fridolin yep ashimema
13:10 fridolin so you first
13:11 fridolin i'l tell in RMaint topic
13:11 ashimema #info The last few weeks the pace has picked up and allot has been pushed
13:11 ashimema #info I am concentrating on any last straggler enhancements untill the end of the day and then will switch fully to bugs only tomorrow.
13:11 ashimema #topic Update from the release maintainers
13:11 Topic for #koha is now Update from the release maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 November 2019)
13:12 ashimema all yours ;)
13:13 fridolin maybe its last release for 18.05.x
13:13 cait i noticed there are still quite a few bugs for 18.11
13:14 ashimema #info Work commitments for our stable branch rmaint have lead to no release during October.
13:14 fridolin cait: oki dont hesitate to mail Rmaint to list them
13:14 cait I've left notes where I backported fixes to our 18.11 branches
13:14 ashimema #info Focusing on a well polished November release now instead.
13:14 cait that#s the question - is it enough to leave comment/cc you on the bug or better to email?
13:14 ashimema have you used any form of keywords cait?
13:21 fridolin oh thanks a lot, it was a pleasure to serve the community :D
13:22 fridolin << be my guest >>
13:22 ashimema #info fridolin will be stepping down from the rmaint roles come the 20.05 cycle. I wanted to thank him for his efforts as various rmaint roles the past years and personally thank him for his support onboarding me when I became an rmaint.
13:22 ashimema #info a big hole to fill, we still need volunteers for rmaint of 19.11 and 18.11 for the 20.05 cycle :)
13:22 fridolin for next cycle we are talking at biblibre to find someone for 18.11
13:23 ashimema :)
13:23 fridolin but if someone/some company could step into 19.11.x it whould be great to have fresh bloud
13:27 marcelr maybe Joubu especially
13:27 marcelr because he added the croak for list context
13:28 cait can we get the bug number or an info?
13:28 cait and for hte logs :)
13:28 ashimema how about I add it as a topic in the next 'general discussion' section ;)
13:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #517: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/517/
13:28 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19809 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Koha::Objects::find calls do not need to be forbidden in list context
13:29 cait #info Please take a look at the discussion on bug 19809 about use of Koha::Objects::find calls in list context
13:29 marcelr and what about the confusion on the check constraint ? sorry ashimema
13:30 ashimema the check constraints have just been outright removed entirely now
13:35 cait it's also often missed still the line is a link
13:35 cait maybe it should be green
13:35 ashimema #info Lots of 'Major' and 'Critical' bugs still in the queue, please focus on those
13:35 cait like the othe rlinks
13:35 cait or have a little arrow at the end
13:37 cait make it an #action? ;)
13:37 eythian mouse curse
13:37 cait #info About 120 open bugs for major, critical and blocker on bugzilla - help in review appreciated
13:38 ashimema #action Update 'Overall bug tracker health' link on the dashboard to be more clearly a link
13:38 ashimema next topic
14:00 cait and the versions
14:00 ashimema mariadb followed the syntax that postgres set years ago.. then mysql cuaght up and added the feature but chose to use a different syntax
14:00 cait have that info stored somewhere, because it gets confusing pretty fast now
14:01 fridolin (me hates DB servers)
14:01 ashimema that.. and start running tests against a broader range of DB's so we start spotting issues before they hit users cait
14:22 ashimema so `20 November 2019, 20:00 UTC` sound ok
14:22 thd +1
14:23 ashimema #info Next meeting: 20 November 2019, 20:00 UTC
14:23 ashimema #endmeeting
14:23 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org

2019-10-28

10:50 cait sorry, just got back from a meeting, will read back in abit (after lunch)
10:50 ashimema https://gitlab.com/koha-community/hea-app
10:51 kohaputti ashimema, thanks for the info. I was just looking for it because I wanted to know the statistics of libraries using the same combination of specific sysprefs.
10:51 kohaputti like how many libraries use AcqWarnOnDuplicateInvoice = 1 AND AgeRestrictionOverride = 1
10:52 kohaputti and how many use AcqWarnOnDuplicateInvoice = 0 AND AgeRestrictionOverride = 1

2019-10-23

07:57 cait everytime you set a pref int he gui it's logged
07:57 cait so that shoudl show what it was before
07:58 cait try something like: select * from action_log where info like "prefname%"
07:58 cait action_logs (with s)
07:59 _fraktik BTW: Hello Katherine, Hi David - let me introduce myself properly - I am replacement for Josef Moravec in Municipal Library Ústí nad Orlicí (CZ) - he went up in the chain to the bigger library and I was left here to fight my way trough those 3 local installations with cca 15 libraries (instances).
08:45 inlibro joined #koha
08:46 fraktik_ joined #koha
08:49 fraktik_ select * from action_logs where module not in ("CRONJOBS", "CIRCULATION", "FINES", "AUTHORITIES", "CATALOGUING", "HOLDS", "MEMBERS", "REPORTS", "SERIAL") AND (info like "%InProcessing%" OR info like "%Shelving%" OR info like "%ItemLocationOn%") limit 5000          gave me just 2 lines (from more then 2M) without any usable info
08:49 fraktik_ 4934372015-09-01 12:52:251SYSTEMPREFERENCEMODIFYNULLInProcessingToShelvingCart | NULL 4934382015-09-01 12:52:251SYSTEMPREFERENCEMODIFYNULLReturnToShelvingCart | NULL
08:49 fraktik_ https://koha-usti.knihovna-uo.[…]/tools/viewlog.pl did not gave me even that.
21:06 davidnind[m] #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 23 October 2019
21:06 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 23 21:06:14 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind[m]. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:06 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:06 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 October 2019)
21:06 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_23_october_2019'
21:06 davidnind[m] #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_23_October_2019
21:06 davidnind[m] #topic Introductions
21:06 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 October 2019)
21:07 thd joined #koha
21:07 davidnind[m] #info David Nind, Oamaru, New Zealand
21:07 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:08 hayley joined #koha
21:08 davidnind[m] I feel that it will be probably be a quick meeting...
21:09 thd Good, otherwise I have to leave early.
21:12 thd hello
21:12 wahanui niihau, thd
21:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:13 davidnind[m] no worries cait
21:13 cait ashimema_? ashimema?
21:14 davidnind[m] #topic Announcements
21:14 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 October 2019)
21:16 hayley #info Hayley, Catalyst IT, Wellington New Zealand (sorry bit late)
21:16 davidnind[m] Roles open for 20.05, to be decided at next General IRC meeting
21:16 davidnind[m] #info Roles open for 20.05 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.11
21:16 cait :)
21:16 cait please sign up!
21:17 cait davidnind[m]: i tink you got the wrong link
21:17 cait i got excited for a second :)
21:17 davidnind[m] #info Roles open for 20.05 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_20.05
21:17 cait yes, we definitely need more people
21:17 davidnind[m] I did, just corrected :)
21:18 davidnind[m] Will post to the general mailing list nudge people along? If so I'm happy to do that.
21:18 cait yesterday was a Koha hackfest in Finland - but don't know enough details for an #info
21:18 cait i tihnk it would be good
21:18 cait thx for offering!
21:19 davidnind[m] #Action davidnind to post to general mailing list for 20.05 roles
21:19 davidnind[m] #info Koha Hackfest held in Finland
21:20 cait hayley: also saw that applications for the academy have started again - when will it be?
21:20 davidnind[m] No release manager, so I guess we should just skip ahead to Updates from the QA team
21:21 hayley cait: 6th-17th January 2020 :)
21:21 cait #info Calayst's open source academy to take place from 6th-17th January 2020
21:21 cait moving on?
21:21 davidnind[m] yep
21:23 cait there is a rel_19_11_candidate keyword used by the RM to prioritize
21:24 cait you can search for the bugs tagged in bugzilla using the advanced search
21:24 cait #info rel_19_11_candidate keyword in Bugzilla is used to prioritize
21:24 cait #info Freeze dates have been announced and added to the Koha calendar on the website
21:25 cait #link https://koha-community.org/calendar/ Koha calendar
21:25 cait #info First is feature slush (features must have passed QA) on 30th November
21:25 cait davidnind[m]: that's it from me I think
21:25 davidnind[m] thanks cait!
21:26 davidnind[m] #topic General development discussion
21:30 cait but not sure what difference it makes
21:30 davidnind[m] will leave as normal time then for the moment
21:30 davidnind[m] #info Next meeting: 6 November 2019, 13:00 UTC
21:30 cait hould probably be ok in both directions
21:30 cait 11 am currently

2019-10-17

02:01 hayley thanks davidnind[m] !
02:01 davidnind[m] no problem!
02:03 hayley @later tell oleonard hi owen, I'm trying to develop some new shortcuts in Koha, and was wondering if you had any info on where they are defined and what handles them etc, or even where to find documentation on that or on the existing keyboard shortcuts in Koha - my email is hayleymapley@catalyst.net.nz if I'm offline when you see this!
02:03 huginn hayley: The operation succeeded.
02:19 inlibro joined #koha
13:00 davidnind[m] #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 17 October 2019
13:00 huginn Meeting started Thu Oct 17 13:00:34 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind[m]. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 October 2019)
13:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_17_october_2019'
13:00 thd joined #koha
13:01 davidnind[m] #info Agenda  https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_17_October_2019
13:01 AndyBoze joined #koha
13:01 davidnind[m] #topic Introductions
13:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 October 2019)
13:01 khall joined #koha
13:01 davidnind[m] #info David Nind, New Zealand
13:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:02 lucyvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey PTFS Europe
13:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
13:02 AndyBoze #info Andy Boze, University of Notre Dame, USA
13:02 lucyvh Hi all!
13:02 davidnind[m] Hi everyone!
13:04 davidnind[m] #topic Project updates
13:04 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 October 2019)
13:05 davidnind[m] I changed the agenda item from action points to project updates
13:05 davidnind[m] For my part I'm making some progress (finally!) on some of mine
13:06 davidnind[m] For the content development guide, I've added an outline for the style guide part, feedback is welcome (I will send a not to the list)
13:07 davidnind[m] #info Style guide outline available for feedback https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Development_Guide
13:07 davidnind[m] I have drafted some content and will add it next week
13:07 ashimema davidnind++
13:14 thd I have had to increase the size of three columns and truncate a few rows of bad data and a few characters of good data.
13:15 thd I have to rework the test now with a binary data type for storing the UTF-8 data.
13:15 davidnind[m] #info Making good progress on the wiki update (bug 23073)
13:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23073 normal, P5 - low, ---, td-koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , wiki.koha-community.org needs updating to a later version
13:15 thd I have to add an update to the bug report about binary data.
13:18 davidnind[m] Excellent!
13:18 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
13:19 davidnind[m] #info Wiki update progressing well, thanks hd for all the work
13:20 thd MediaWiki prefers binary data store in MySQL for more than merely avoiding the problem that basic utf8 in MySQL is less than the UTF-8 in the rest of the world.
13:20 davidnind[m] Any more questions on projects? Otherwise I'll go to the next topic.
13:41 lucyvh Will do, thanks
13:43 davidnind[m] I will look at maybe doing a what's new summary for the 19.11 new features and significant enhancements so that there is something available on release
13:43 davidnind[m] #info davidnind to look at preparing a what's new in 19.11 summary
13:44 davidnind[m] #info davidnind to start adding taiga tasks for documentation changes required for 19.11 (documentation required tag added to bugs is really handy)
13:45 davidnind[m] anything else anyone would like to raise?
13:45 tuxayo !bang
13:45 AnnaBoten There is no hunt right now! You can start a hunt with the 'start' command
13:52 oleonard davidnind[m]: Fair enough :D
13:53 thd 2 am is definitely better than 3 am :)
13:53 davidnind[m] #info Next meeting: 14 November 2019, 13:00 UTC
13:54 davidnind[m] thd: I'm nver sure whether I'm up late or up early :)
13:54 davidnind[m] #endmeeting

2019-10-16

13:23 ashimema #startmeeting General IRC meeting 16 October 2019
13:23 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 16 13:23:09 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:23 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:23 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:23 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_16_october_2019'
13:23 ashimema #topic Introductions
13:23 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:23 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:24 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:24 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:24 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, here for 5 minutes
13:24 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:24 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:26 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
13:27 fridos joined #koha
13:27 cait fridos: meetng time :)
13:28 ashimema #topic Announcements
13:28 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:28 ashimema #info Release dates are out, check the community calendar
13:28 ashimema #link https://koha-community.org/calendar/ Calendar
13:28 fridos #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
13:29 * fridos whould like to discuss on Bug 23414
13:29 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
13:29 fridos last comment
13:29 ashimema #info Testing of Debian 10 has been added to Jenkins, some packaing issue need resolving before we can call it a supported release.
13:29 fridos ashimema: is there a Bug nb already ?
13:29 ashimema any other announcements from anyone?
13:30 thd Koha Wiki database migration from Postgres to MySQL has been tested to work without errors or warnings for the past week.  Three columb sizes had to increase.
13:30 ashimema for D10.. I don't believe so yet
13:30 ashimema #info Koha Wiki database migration from Postgres to MySQL has been tested to work without errors or warnings for the past week.  Three columb sizes had to increase.
13:30 thd I am currently checking $wgDBmysql5 to avoid database corruption.
13:31 ashimema #topic Update on releases
13:31 andreash_ joined #koha
13:31 fridos yep 19.05.x is a bit late on master
13:31 ashimema #info 19.11 is coming along nicely, it's been a slow cycle but we're not in bad shape. SO and QA are picking up now we're nearing the end of the cycle.
13:32 andreash_ joined #koha
13:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:33 ashimema #info 19.05.x is trailing master a little, but generally in good condition.
13:33 fridos ashimema: do you know when we start peparing roles for next cycle ?
13:34 ashimema #info Other maintained branches continue to tick along.
13:34 ashimema I was going to ask that today actually
13:34 ashimema #topic General discussion
13:36 fridos i think i may apply for an old(old)stable to be there for ES
13:36 ashimema probably with elections next meeting.. that'll fall in line with the usual scheme
13:36 ashimema #info The 20.05 roles page will be available for people to add their names before the end of the day.
13:37 ashimema #info Intention is to hold the election at the next general meeting.
13:37 cait ashimema++
13:37 ashimema frido++
13:37 fridos ashimema++
13:39 fridos staff search shows items left hand
13:40 cait and I have been told there is a performance benefit of using zebra for item data i think
13:40 fridos those info come from indexed record
13:40 ashimema interesting
13:40 cait it's true
13:44 ashimema lets open another bug for the next stages and detail the discussion there.
13:45 ashimema let this bug get moving as it's already and improvement.
13:45 ashimema #info We agreed to move forward with bug 23414 and add a new bug to discus a general decision on where to pull data from in the future.
13:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=23414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
13:46 fridos ++
13:57 ashimema 9am
13:58 ashimema I believe so.. we're had them around at that time before
13:58 ashimema #info Next meeting: 13 November 2019, 20:00 UTC
13:58 thd Is 9am in the middle of commuting or just after>
13:58 thd ?
14:05 ashimema indeed.. need liz to reply
14:06 Joubu not sure the name of the person in charge of that list should be public :D
14:06 ashimema #info We need to sort out a process for maintaining the 'paid support list' on the website
14:06 cait but the person responsible needs towatch the mailing list for requests .)
14:07 ashimema well.. I was more thinking of a go to person for general website maintanence
23:39 mkstephens_ joined #koha
23:41 mtj aah, that might need to be 'true'
23:43 mtj so info..
23:43 mtj https://medium.com/@delitescer[…]ings-9aced07d70f8
23:43 mtj some

2019-10-11

12:34 cait might be related to a reace condition problem we had a while ago?
12:35 ashimema first part fixed
12:35 andreashm_ any info on that?
12:35 andreashm_ cait
12:36 ashimema do you have a preference as to whether we do split that bug into two or not cait?

2019-10-10

13:13 ashimema #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019
13:13 huginn Meeting started Thu Oct 10 13:13:55 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:13 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:13 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019)
13:13 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_10_october_2019'
13:13 thd Someone had reported immediately after your fix that the Git config was broken.
13:14 ashimema #info Meeting postponed due to appologies from a large number of attendees
13:14 oleonard thd: That's a problem with my system, not related
13:14 ashimema #topic Set date and time for next meeting
13:14 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019)
13:15 ashimema #info Next meeting: 17 October 2019, 13:00
13:15 ashimema #endmeeting
13:15 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org

2019-10-09

15:00 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019
15:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct  9 15:00:51 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_9_october_2019'
15:01 ashimema #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:01 ashimema Sorry for the delay all.. the git repo is happy again at least :)
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio
15:03 ashimema Quiet today
15:04 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:04 ashimema well.. people will join us when they're ready.. so lets move on to busines
15:04 ashimema #topic Announcements
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:04 bag tcohen and khall I had the same thing yesterday
15:04 corilynn #info Cori Lynn Arnold, DGI (lurking)
15:04 bag never found a fix (still reading through the scrollback)
15:04 bag ahh meeting time (sorry)
15:04 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
15:04 ashimema haha, no worries baf
15:05 ashimema bag, even
15:05 ashimema I fixed git btw.. so you shoudn't have that issue any more
15:05 bag oh sweet :)
15:05 ashimema #info Freeze dates email will be going out tonight, provisional dates are already in the calendar
15:06 ashimema #link https://koha-community.org/calendar/ Calendar
15:06 oleonard Got the link to today's agenda handy ashimema?
15:06 ashimema #info If you noticed an issue with the git repositories over the last 24 hours, please be aware the issue should now be resolved.
15:06 cait left #koha
15:06 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_9_October_2019 Agenda
15:09 ashimema I've poked him in slack, with any luck he'll magically appear
15:09 ashimema but for now
15:10 ashimema #info Update from the Release manager
15:10 ashimema #info The release is starting to take shape and provisional dates are now set
15:10 ashimema #info Feature slush is scheduled for the 30th November - Thats three weeks today
15:11 edveal joined #koha
15:11 ashimema #info Feature freeze is scheduled for the 6th November - One week later
15:11 ashimema #info String freeze is scheduled for the 13th November - One week later again
15:11 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
15:12 ashimema #info Release all being well will be the 27th November - Giving two weeks for translations.
15:13 ashimema It's been a slow cycle, I did some statistics at the Hackfest and we've pushed less than half the bugs compared to the last three releases.
15:13 ashimema I'm hopeing it's a blip and we'll be back up to speed for the 20.05 cycle.
15:14 ashimema Having asked around I believe all the big contributors have simply been run off their feet with deployments and customers this cycle.
15:14 ashimema Jonathan D being away has also not helped on the numbers front.
15:15 ashimema #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:15 ashimema fridolin: Over to you..
15:17 bag joubu should be back soon :)
15:17 oleonard We have a lot of bugs which I think should be 'resolved fixed' but I'm not sure
15:17 ashimema #info 19.05.x is at 19.05.05 presently and is feeling reliable and stable
15:17 oleonard I think some cleanup needs to be done
15:18 ashimema #topic Updates from the QA team
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:18 ashimema #info Pace seems to have picked up the last week, keep it up :)
15:18 ashimema #topic General development discussion
15:18 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:19 ashimema #info oleonard notes that there is a large number of bugs that appear to need updating to 'RESOLVED FIXED'
15:19 ashimema #action ashimema will look into this prior to the next cycle starting
15:20 fridolin yep
15:20 ashimema #info We should have Joubu back for the next cycle, which should get the numbers back on track
15:20 fridolin its usually for Rmmait of oldoldstable
15:20 ashimema tcohen.. did you appear again yet?
15:21 * ashimema has a script to do the change, but won't run it for fear of spamming everyone on bugzilla
15:22 oleonard Speaking of rmaints, hi wizzyrea
15:22 ashimema #info Fridolin raises that pootle still contains a number of officially unsupported koha versions.. perhaps we should tidy up there too.
15:23 fridolin on 20.05 start
15:23 thd Go ahead and spam me.  The whole multiverse does :)
15:23 fridolin ^^
15:24 fridolin french translation group did a great job during hackfest but was not sure on which version to work
15:25 ashimema #info I'm contemplating a 'fail fast' attitude early next cycle.. still to be fleshed out and discussed.. but the initial thoughts are that I will push some more experimental bugs (on developer request and my own judgement) early in the release with the expectation of getting quick followups for any breakage.  Idea being it helps alleviate some of the QA backlog of the most technical bugs where we don't have so many people capable of
15:25 ashimema understanding the code to qa it.
15:25 thd People should at least be satisfied in the knowledge that their work on translation will actually be used.
15:27 wizzyrea kia ora
15:28 ashimema tcohen raises the question of whether we should start officially deprecating the /svc api namespace.
15:29 ashimema #info tcohen raises the question of whether we should start officially deprecating the /svc api namespace.
15:29 bag perhaps adding to that - who is using it?
15:29 ashimema generally I feel this is a direction we should be moving, but we need to be somewhat pragmatic about it..
15:42 oleonard +1
15:43 thd +1
15:43 ashimema #info Next meeting: 23 October 2019, 21:00 UTC
15:43 ashimema brill
15:43 ashimema thanks all for your attendance, my appologies for the last minute delay to proceedings
15:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=14620 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Needs Signoff , Contact information validations
15:57 corilynn not
15:57 thd We have some real world info from a few columns that the MySQL Mediawiki default column sizes are a little too small in a few cases.  No constraints on size for the same columns in Postgres aloud real world use to emerge along with a few accidents of pasting a wiki page into the comment field.
15:58 thd s/aloud/allowed/
16:00 corilynn so... i'm having a ball with reports... anyone know how I can style marcxml like it is all over the place but in a report?

2019-10-01

08:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #432: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/432/
08:17 tuxayo :(
08:19 tuxayo thanks for the info cait
08:19 tuxayo I'll take a look at the biblibre MARC 21 sandbox
08:25 sev_q joined #koha
19:25 caroline_catlady not sure if there is a reason for that
19:25 caroline_catlady would a library keep subscriptions open even though they are expired?
19:27 lisettelatah What does closing a subscription do? I don't see info on that in the manual.
19:30 caroline_catlady based on my tests, it puts it in a different tab in the subscription search results and it prevent more issues to be created by the serialsUpdate cron job
19:30 caroline_catlady that's all I've found so far

Result pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186