IRC log for #koha, 2022-03-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
03:22 JBoyer joined #koha
04:53 Shivam joined #koha
04:53 Shivam Portable Koha for Windows Developer
06:02 fridolin joined #koha
06:40 enkidu joined #koha
06:45 udkoha joined #koha
06:46 udkoha_ joined #koha
07:06 reiveune joined #koha
07:06 reiveune hello
07:16 alex_a joined #koha
07:16 alex_a Bonjour
07:30 fridolin1 joined #koha
07:55 cait joined #koha
07:58 lds joined #koha
07:59 cait joined #koha
08:00 cait joined #koha
08:03 cait1 joined #koha
08:12 paul_p joined #koha
08:13 fridolin1 in 2 hours meeting https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_March_2022
08:14 fridolin1 left #koha
08:14 fridolin joined #koha
08:47 Joubu mtj[m], fridolin: test suite is failing because of: DBI Connection failed: install_driver(SQLite) failed: Can't locate DBD/SQLite.pm
08:48 fridolin ah i just sent an email about that
08:49 fridolin linked to Bug 29881
08:49 fridolin ?
08:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29881 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove SQLite2 dependency
08:49 Joubu mtj[m]: do we need bug 30209 to fix it?
08:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30209 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, Signed Off , Upgrade 'libdbd-sqlite2-perl' package to 'libdbd-sqlite3-perl'
08:51 fridolin why does it work on D12 ?
08:52 fridolin and i dont reproduce on KTD running D11
08:55 Joubu did you pull the latest?
08:56 fridolin ahhh nope
09:04 fridolin ok so its something for mtj
09:04 sodesvaux joined #koha
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30190: Compiled CSS <https://git.koha-community.org[…]de6b67a049a56a22b>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30128: DBrev 21.12.00.017 <https://git.koha-community.org[…]66727fe46efb431ff>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30128: DBIC Schema update <https://git.koha-community.org[…]704dc2bfc8c916764>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15594: (QA follow-up) Move span to publisher name, fix whitespace, only add space... <https://git.koha-community.org[…]6cca93a3524f72df0>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15594: Class in now unchanged after the patch <https://git.koha-community.org[…]cb37c44f54fe1983c>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30190: Green buttons turn blue for a second when clicking them <https://git.koha-community.org[…]58a6cb72ebb4dee64>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22993: Handle default messaging preferences during patron creation from API <https://git.koha-community.org[…]322f9960e0b318365>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22993: Unit tests <https://git.koha-community.org[…]65da7ef3761f00280>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29136: (QA follow-up) missing filters <https://git.koha-community.org[…]6a205ed3cb02fb983>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30128: Change language_subtag_registry.description to varchar(255) <https://git.koha-community.org[…]ec65a05ecbc13316f>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29136: Don't redirect if the whole set is > 1 <https://git.koha-community.org[…]4b78afdb69b452aeb>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29136: Ajaxify the patron search when placing a hold <https://git.koha-community.org[…]ad03750f558b5e223>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29771: Scalar context for split <https://git.koha-community.org[…]d51ee745580ec34f4>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29771: Remove trivial cases <https://git.koha-community.org[…]27ff8d7175b7a6095>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15594: preserve sequence of 260 subfields in (staff) detail page <https://git.koha-community.org[…]24cd884b179a26605>
09:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15594: preserve sequence of 260 subfields in detail page <https://git.koha-community.org[…]75f0a5f2051ef8e79>
09:22 mtj hi fridolin, bug 30209 should fix the master builds
09:22 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30209 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, Signed Off , Upgrade 'libdbd-sqlite2-perl' package to 'libdbd-sqlite3-perl'
09:24 mtj Joubu: ^
09:28 fridolin mtj ah oki, meanwhile could be restore libdbd-sqlite2-perl in KTD ?
09:29 fridolin see that libdbd-sqlite3-perl is not in D9
09:29 fridolin but i'm asking for obsolete it
09:30 davewood I want to add JS to addbiblio.pl/addbiblio.tt ... whats the recommended way? is there a specific dir where i can put a JS file and it will be included?
09:32 mtj fridolin: deb9 version is available.. https://packages.debian.org/st[…]bdbd-sqlite3-perl
09:33 Joubu davewood: use the system preference "IntranetUserJS"
09:33 mtj bug 29881 has broken the builds
09:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29881 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove SQLite2 dependency
09:34 Joubu each view has its own id, you can use it to apply js to only the page you want
09:34 mtj ... but 30209 fixes it
09:35 fridolin ahhh D9 is stretch, not jessie
09:36 davewood Joubu: for real? I'd rather do it somewhere in the filesystem specific to this page.
09:36 davewood Joubu: ah. you mentioned the page id
09:37 davewood still, is there no way to do it via the filesystem?
09:37 Joubu davewood: no, everything is stored in the DB, to ease backup
09:37 Joubu or you can write a plugin
09:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #550: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/550/
09:41 davewood Joubu: I will checkout plugins. thank you
09:42 Joubu davewood: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Koha_Plugin_Hooks
09:42 Joubu search for "intranet_js"
09:43 mtj hi Joubu, fridolin - i think we could roll back bz-29881 on stable and lower
09:44 mtj we might have accidentally broken the create_koc_db.pl script on prod systems
09:45 fridolin ah we can do this with sec release maybe
09:45 fridolin tuxayo: there ?
09:46 mtj i dont thik we have an tests for create_koc_db.pl, so jenkins may not have detected it
09:46 mtj any
09:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #764: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/764/
09:52 mtj the fix is easy - admins can can run 'create_koc_db.pl' with --sqlite3 arg, not --sqlite2
09:53 mtj if we revert bz-29881, we can leave koha-stable using create_koc_db.pl with sqlite2
09:55 fridolin ok we can tell taht in coming dev meeting
09:55 fridolin https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_March_2022 in 5
09:55 tuxayo hi #koha :)
09:57 fridolin we talk revert bz-29881 in stable
10:00 Joubu @later tell oleonard is there a plan to upgrade the bootstrap version for the staff interface? Ideally v5 :)
10:00 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:01 tuxayo #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022
10:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Mar  9 10:01:15 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
10:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_9_march_2022'
10:01 tuxayo #topic Introductions
10:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:02 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Company Limited, France
10:03 tuxayo qa_team?
10:03 tuxayo qa_team is cait, joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
10:03 tuxayo rmaints?
10:03 tuxayo i heard rmaints was khall_  , AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
10:03 ashimema sorry, just come out of another meeting
10:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
10:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
10:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
10:05 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_March_2022 Today's agenda
10:06 tuxayo #topic Announcements
10:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:07 ashimema hackfest?
10:07 Joubu refresh the meeting page, I've added some bullets
10:07 fridolin yey
10:07 fridolin Paul sent a mail about it
10:08 Joubu I've got permission from organiser to bring some homemade beers to drink after the work day ;)
10:08 tuxayo ^^
10:08 fridolin woooo coooool
10:08 Joubu I think that's the most important thing I had to say today
10:08 ashimema 🙂
10:08 fridolin ;)
10:09 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
10:09 fridolin So HackFest in Marseille is confirmed, see email from Paul and inscriptions doc
10:10 fridolin welcome cait1
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #110: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U21/110/
10:10 tuxayo #info Hackfest registration: email paul.poulain AT biblibre DOT com
10:10 fridolin i'll be there :D
10:11 tuxayo #info KohaCon 2022: In Lawrence, Kansas by koha-US. Please fill survey for attendance to help pick venue size
10:12 cait1 do we have a link for the survey yet? I thought it was not published
10:12 tuxayo #info it should be (or should come) in the general mailing list
10:12 cait1 ah :)
10:13 tuxayo #info KohaCon: the selected dates are September 20-23, 2022
10:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #323: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/323/
10:14 tuxayo #info Koha Community Challenge https://runsignup.com/Race/CA/[…]SpringintoFitness
10:14 tuxayo #info Bug Squashing Event in May: https://bywatersolutions.com/e[…]g-squashing-event
10:15 tuxayo #info In France there will be the a meeting event in May in Orléans https://koha-fr.org/symposium-2022
10:15 tuxayo I think that's all!
10:15 cait1 that's a lot :)
10:15 ashimema 🙂
10:15 fridolin yep nice to see movement
10:15 tuxayo #topic Update from the Release manager (22.05)
10:15 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (22.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:15 cait1 community++
10:15 fridolin and IRL events
10:16 fridolin ok me
10:16 tuxayo yes :D
10:16 fridolin Behavior with AnonymousPatron Bug 30007
10:16 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30007 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, Make ->anonymize methods throw an exception if AnonymousPatron is not set
10:16 tuxayo fridolin: the mic is your's, you can use #info
10:16 fridolin just to expose that this means no anonymise with NULL as borrowernumber anymore
10:16 cait1 I am not sure that worked in all places beore
10:17 fridolin indeed, tomas said that
10:17 cait1 there are several older bugs dealing with problems with the anon-user not being set and we have added a warning on System information tab
10:17 fridolin i'm ok with the change but we must alert admin on that
10:17 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  🍙🌶🥭
10:17 tuxayo mtj++
10:18 fridolin #info Beware behavior around AnonymousPatron with Bug 30007 pushed
10:18 cait1 for everything user side a message would be nice - I thik we do that for the checkout privacy feature in OPAC and probably other places
10:19 fridolin yep it will be more for cronjob batch_anonymise.pl so admins
10:19 fridolin sys admins
10:19 cait1 so in theory hopefully the exception would not happen?
10:19 cait1 ok
10:19 fridolin indeed
10:19 cait1 I am not sure, but i think the gui anonymize tool already had a warning
10:19 fridolin and when syspref fixed the missing are done
10:20 fridolin if every one agrees its cool
10:20 fridolin long live the Anonymous ;)
10:20 cait1 might be worth checking the GUI tool for the functionlity does give some nice info
10:21 fridolin ok i'll test
10:21 cait1 bug 6756 suggests it did indeed use to workw ithout the anon user
10:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6756 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, Patron anonymizing tool reports false success in anonymous patron not defined
10:22 fridolin #action fridolin checking the GUI tool for alter on AnonymousPatron
10:23 fridolin about https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]d_recommendations
10:23 fridolin i see we have Ubuntu 16.04. But there is no Jenkins.
10:23 ashimema I kinda feel like we aught to be setting up such a user on install automagically
10:23 tuxayo For 21.11
10:23 fridolin may we drop for this cycle ?
10:23 ashimema but hey, that would be too easy right 😛
10:23 Joubu 6756 is an old one :)
10:24 fridolin ashimema: indeed, we must have a user that will not be deleted
10:24 Joubu you cannot remove it already I think
10:25 fridolin with delete_patron.pl you can if its not a librarian
10:25 fridolin and expired
10:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1893: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 16 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1893/
10:25 Joubu "Unable to delete patron that is set as AnonymousPatron"
10:25 Joubu on the UI you cannot
10:25 fridolin good
10:26 fridolin maybe we should skip it in delete_patron.pl
10:26 Joubu we shouldn't deal with incorrect configuration, I thought we agreed on that already
10:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1939: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 17 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1939/
10:27 Joubu if anonpatron is not set correct you get a warning on the about page, and it can explode elsewhere
10:27 fridolin but if its defined but not in staff and expired ?
10:27 cait1 i like it better when things not explode, but I undertand it being easier
10:28 Joubu we should continue the discussion later, and move one. Or the meeting won't fit in 1h...
10:28 cait1 ok
10:28 fridolin we should not delete it with CLI script
10:28 Joubu yes, I agree with that fridolin
10:28 cait1 +1
10:28 fridolin ok i create a bug report
10:29 fridolin #action fridolin create bug report for skipping AnonymousPatron from delete_patrons.pl
10:29 fridolin tuxayo: "for 21.11" ?
10:29 tuxayo great thanks fridolin
10:29 tuxayo only 21.11 doesn't have CI for Ubuntu 16.04
10:29 tuxayo And master
10:29 ashimema we throw an exception in the object.. so it must be direct SQL somewhere if it's getting deleted
10:29 ashimema https://git.koha-community.org[…]ha/Patron.pm#L375
10:29 ashimema anywho
10:29 fridolin ok so drop support >= 21.11 ?
10:30 fridolin ahhh ashimema that must be new , thanks
10:30 tuxayo I guess we could
10:31 ashimema 🙂
10:31 fridolin we at Biblibre have mandatory upgraded to Bionic 20.04 for 20.11
10:32 fridolin an 22.04 is comming (actually beta exists)
10:32 ashimema right.. so do we need a few more 'retired' logos on https://dashboard.koha-community.org/
10:32 ashimema as well as the wiki getting updated of course 🙂
10:34 fridolin ah we dont have OS in HEA ?
10:34 tuxayo no
10:34 fridolin that would be usefull
10:34 fridolin at least perl version
10:34 tuxayo #action tuxayo update wiki to remove ub16.04 support for Koha 21.11 (and check if MariaDB versions should change also)
10:35 ashimema wowsers LTS really is L in Ubuntu land
10:35 tuxayo I'm not sure 16.04 is publicly supported. (their extended security maintennace) It might actually be EOL.
10:36 ashimema indeed
10:36 ashimema I agree we should officially remove our support though 🙂
10:36 tuxayo fridolin: anything else from you?
10:36 fridolin nope continue
10:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #94: SUCCESS in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/94/
10:37 tuxayo Support might have been a copy paste from 21.05
10:37 tuxayo #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
10:37 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:37 tuxayo rmaints?
10:37 ashimema I'm surprised we're supporting D9 still to honestly
10:37 tuxayo i heard rmaints was khall_ , AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
10:37 tuxayo ashimema: Koha_19.11_D8 is still enabled :P
10:38 ashimema lol
10:38 fridolin i've thought dropping also D9, but it is OEL in june 2022
10:38 tuxayo 20.11.x: nothing to report
10:38 ashimema LTS is, yes
10:38 Joubu 22.05 will drop D9, see bug 30194
10:38 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30194 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Update required JSON::Validator version
10:38 ashimema standard EOL was 07/07/2020
10:39 ashimema excellent
10:39 fridolin mtj whas speaking reverting Bug 29881 in stable
10:39 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29881 blocker, P1 - high, ---, mtj, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove SQLite2 dependency
10:39 fridolin maybe include in this month release
10:40 fridolin we should reopen the bug and confirm RMaints
10:41 tuxayo Don't hesitate to email all of us RMaints for these kind of patches to be sure it's not missed if it's for this month's release
10:41 tuxayo moving on?
10:41 ashimema go for it
10:41 tuxayo #topic Updates from the QA team
10:41 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:41 tuxayo qa_team?
10:42 ashimema cait still here?
10:42 tuxayo qa_team is cait, joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
10:42 ashimema grr.. I really wish we had the bots still
10:42 ashimema tuxayo++ for standing in for them :P#
10:42 tuxayo XD
10:42 fridolin tuxayo+++
10:42 ashimema QA numbers feel low to me this month so far
10:43 * ashimema hasn't managed to spend much time
10:43 tuxayo @later tell rangi we miss wahanui <3
10:43 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
10:44 tuxayo last call to review Bug 19532 , it will be pass QA this week if no one find anything off.
10:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
10:44 * ashimema sits on hands
10:45 tuxayo aleisha++
10:45 tuxayo marcelr++
10:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #549: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/549/
10:45 tuxayo moving on?
10:45 ashimema yup
10:45 tuxayo #topic Actions from last meeting
10:45 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:46 tuxayo «shall we share the slides with Koha General? »
10:46 tuxayo ???
10:46 fridolin Staff interface work ?
10:46 tuxayo Ah, GUI design?
10:46 ashimema this was the UX work
10:46 ashimema yup
10:46 ashimema did they not get shared already?
10:47 cait1 i think only here
10:47 cait1 Or I am not sure actually - there were a lot of comments from different peopl eon the slides, but I don't remember an email
10:47 cait1 and sorry, got called away!
10:47 fridolin i dont see it in ML
10:48 ashimema me either now I look
10:48 tuxayo fridolin: "mediawiki blame" (tool doesn't exists) points to you for the addition of the topic to the agenda :P
10:48 Joubu https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]ruary/057429.html
10:48 ashimema aha, well found
10:48 fridolin ok thanks Joubu ^
10:49 fridolin next
10:49 tuxayo great thanks
10:49 tuxayo #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
10:49 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
10:50 tuxayo We have anonymize/anonymise ; missing in https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Terminology
10:50 ashimema We user american spelling right.. so it should be z
10:50 cait1 i think that is covered by standardizing on AE
10:51 fridolin there is batch_anonymise.pl
10:51 ashimema mm
10:51 tuxayo rg --glob '!{*.po}' -i "anonymise" | wc -l
10:51 tuxayo 60
10:51 cait1 no need to list all of those
10:51 tuxayo rg --glob '!{*.po}' -i "anonymize" | wc -l
10:51 tuxayo 163
10:51 cait1 some of those might be file names
10:51 fridolin and since tehre is pseudonymize
10:51 tuxayo batch_anonymise.pl is the only find with "anon" in the name
10:51 ashimema I see no problem adding it to that list.. but I also agree it's covered by AE rules
10:52 ashimema QA spell checks should be spotting it.. shouldn't they
10:52 ashimema (though I found my spelling stuff wasn't working the other day and never got to the bottom of it)
10:52 tuxayo pseudonymize: good catch. Only the "ze" ending is used
10:53 fridolin it iz ze good form then ;)
10:53 fridolin create a bug report as start point ?
10:54 tuxayo yep
10:54 Joubu is that really high priority?
10:54 fridolin nope
10:54 tuxayo Ah, it's about terminology
10:54 tuxayo right
10:55 fridolin but i was puzzled when searching for anonymize and seeing i dont find the script
10:55 Joubu people will have to update their cronjob, etc.
10:55 Joubu it's work for us, for sysops, etc. What is the win here?
10:55 tuxayo Yes, renaming the cronjob might not be worth it
10:55 fridolin upgrade can do that no ?
10:55 tuxayo It's manual work
10:56 fridolin ok so just add to Terminology
10:56 tuxayo To renamed in the system cron config
10:56 tuxayo *to rename
10:56 tuxayo no objection to add it to Terminology?
10:56 Joubu it's handled in the Terminology already
10:56 Joubu "American English"
10:56 cait1 fridolin: no
10:56 Joubu we won't list all the s/z words
10:56 tuxayo LOL it is indeed already
10:57 tuxayo Ah It's just ashimema that added it now
10:57 fridolin cool, so closed
10:58 tuxayo next
10:58 tuxayo Bug 30063 - Make the main patron search use the /patrons REST API route
10:58 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30063 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Make the main patron search use the /patrons REST API route
10:58 Joubu from me, I have added 3 topics here
10:58 cait1 I haven't had time for testing bigger patches lately :(
10:58 Joubu I have been working on the rewrite of *all* patron searches we have in Koha.
10:58 Joubu They are now using the REST API route and the different features brought by the DT wrapper.
10:58 Joubu bug 30063
10:58 fridolin i just pushed the on on reserves, its great
10:58 * ashimema aims to get back to that, and would love to see it finalised at or before hackfest
10:59 Joubu there is a remote branch for this last bug report, with all the children applied
10:59 Joubu I will try to maintain it up-to-date
10:59 cait1 I hope to make some time during hackfest to virtually join you all
10:59 Joubu It's a goal we have been aiming for years, I really would like to see it receive the love it deserves :)
10:59 * ashimema needs to submit a list of stuff I want to get done and how I intend to do it to the boss for my hackfest submission
10:59 ashimema that one is on the list
10:59 Joubu There is one known bug, but it's an existing bug already
10:59 cait1 but we have big migration going live next week, so not sure yet
10:59 fridolin Joubu++
10:59 Joubu which is not trivial to fix
11:00 Joubu The patch tree is quite huge but it's easy to test, and the code is much easier to read after than before (it's getting rid of C4::DT::Members!)
11:00 Joubu Any questions?
11:00 Joubu the known-bug-tricky-to-fix is bug 30165
11:00 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30165 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Several q parameters break the filters
11:01 tuxayo in the patch message: «* sticky header - Does not work (?)»
11:01 fridolin do you need big db tests ?
11:01 Joubu it's fixed later
11:01 Joubu no
11:01 ashimema I've been working with tcohen on the API q param related stuff
11:01 ashimema He's done some awesome work
11:01 tuxayo fixed: ok, no question then ^^
11:02 Joubu ha, and I wrote plenty of tests btw
11:02 tuxayo yay
11:02 fridolin marvelous
11:02 Joubu ok, next then
11:02 ashimema Great work Joubu
11:02 ashimema Joubu++
11:02 Joubu * React vs Vue vs nothing
11:03 Joubu I wrote two versions of the admin (CRUD) cities view, in React and Vue.
11:03 Joubu bug 30225
11:03 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30225 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Rewrite cities admin view in Vue
11:03 Joubu bue 30160
11:03 Joubu bug 30160
11:03 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30160 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Rewrite cities admin view in React
11:03 Joubu The idea was to provide an overview of what is possible and what is the minimum code required to make them work
11:03 Joubu I would like to use one of them to start the ERM project
11:03 Joubu It would be nice to integrate a new tech, and it will be easier as we are starting "from scratch"
11:04 Joubu However the sponsors are a bit reluctant if we don't reach a consensus (very) soon
11:04 tuxayo (30063 has UI tests, great!)
11:04 ashimema That's another on my hackfest list.. would like to sit down together and review it with the intention of making a decision there
11:04 Joubu So basically it's either now or never.
11:04 tuxayo ERM?
11:04 ashimema Electronic resource management
11:04 Joubu next topic
11:04 ashimema Like coral, but in koha
11:04 tuxayo :o
11:04 Joubu I am all for Vue now i think
11:05 Joubu questions?
11:05 ashimema oh cool
11:05 Joubu action?
11:05 ashimema I know vue better than I know react at this point.. but I don't know either well enough to really advocate
11:05 ashimema I want a feel for 'How quick can I, and therefore hopefully others, get up to speed and productive with it'
11:06 Joubu there are plenty of great tutorials, videos, etc.
11:06 Joubu web is full of examples
11:06 Joubu and I wrote examples with code you know, Koha
11:06 ashimema it's all about learning curve and productivity to me.. rather than getting bogged down in the gory technical details... certainly for Koha anyways
11:06 ashimema yeah..
11:06 Joubu so it's just a matter of time
11:06 tuxayo any takeaway on vue vs react from bug 15522 ?
11:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Patch doesn't apply , New interface for revamped circulation rules
11:06 cait1 I thnk maybe we could give a strong recommendation from hackfest
11:06 ashimema do we think we have enough core devs at hackfest to make a decision there?
11:07 cait1 and put it to official vote after?
11:07 cait1 and also please thnk about starting dev documentation early on and keep it updated
11:07 Joubu I need to start to code now actually
11:07 Joubu so I am going to start with Vue
11:07 Joubu and come with a plan at the hackfest
11:08 Joubu but the decision will be made on my side already
11:08 ashimema excellent
11:08 cait1 i thnk that would work but for moving it into a coding guideline that it is allowed/can be used it ight be nice to have a meeting vote on
11:08 Joubu and nobody is against one or the other anyway
11:08 cait1 i don't think we wil get a veto
11:08 cait1 as long as we don't seay we rewrite everthing to it tomororw :)
11:08 * ashimema can sway the sponsors in either direction Joubu.. I trust your knowledge, especially now you've clearly dug into both options
11:09 Joubu cait1: that's the thing, cait1. It will only be used for totally new code here
11:09 Joubu using full REST API routes for CRUD operations
11:09 Joubu and a framework to make thing smooth on the UI
11:09 fridolin makes sens
11:09 Joubu existing code won't be touched, and nobody will be forced to use/read/write code in this new module
11:10 Joubu ok, so, ERM
11:10 * ashimema throws full weight behind Joubu here.. we have all the right people on side I feel
11:10 Joubu Not much to say yet
11:10 Joubu but code has been written already, and more are coming
11:10 Joubu We will certainly communicate more about it in the next weeks. If you want to join us, just drop us an email!
11:10 tuxayo > and nobody is against one or the other anyway
11:10 tuxayo I don't remember something blocking for one or another in the previous Vue vs React talk when following 15522
11:10 ashimema is there a branch?
11:10 Joubu https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]ruary/057447.html
11:10 Joubu ashimema: nothing pushed yet
11:11 Joubu it's all dirty locally
11:11 Joubu and that's the thing.
11:11 ashimema I think the biggest block has generally been a lack of knowledge tuxayo
11:11 ashimema all good
11:11 ashimema just poke me when you want someone to look
11:11 Joubu to explain a bit, I have started with the "agreements", that can have several periods, users, etc.
11:11 Joubu I have started written the "old way", with jQuery ugly code to add/remove/modify the block
11:12 Joubu it's just crazy to continue like that
11:12 cait1 Joubu: i know, sorry, getting distracted: I just want to add it to guidelines too and agree we can do that after you started/not epecting issues
11:12 Joubu so I am rewriting everything now using Vue, and we will see if it's a win, or if we don't continue
11:12 cait1 it#s just somethign we chould also communicate/document - that's all )
11:13 Joubu yes
11:13 Joubu that's all from me
11:14 fridolin tanks for the news
11:14 tuxayo So the plan is no issues for Joubu to experiment. And with the feedback propose a guideline that any completely new interactive UI must be with Vue?
11:14 ashimema there is a wiki page for anyone interested https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ERM
11:15 ashimema and specs are being written and refined regularly by the sponsors
11:15 tuxayo interactive UI => dynamic UI, i don't know how to say it well
11:15 cait1 i thik we can cross the 'all have to' bridge a little later
11:16 tuxayo #info plan for and ERM in Koha https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ERM https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]ruary/057447.html
11:16 cait1 for now it's important we'll accept the Vue based code
11:16 tuxayo ok
11:16 tuxayo right because it's a big dep
11:17 tuxayo So, good for this topic?
11:17 ashimema I reckon so
11:17 tuxayo #topic Review of coding guidelines
11:17 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
11:17 tuxayo https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=30072#c16
11:17 huginn Bug 30072: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to oldstable , Add more holds hooks
11:18 fridolin "This works well and uses the reference passing style we now require (Is there a coding guideline for this yet?)" sais ashimema
11:18 tuxayo Is that about "reference passing style" ?
11:18 ashimema ah yes
11:18 ashimema I didn't check
11:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #550: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/550/
11:18 fridolin is there an existing guide line, do we need one ?
11:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #816: STILL UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/816/
11:19 ashimema I reckon so..
11:19 ashimema after a whole series of bugs we settled on passing references to the hook calls
11:20 ashimema so that plugins run in a loop that use the same hook can get the relevant updated data
11:20 Joubu code won't work anyway, not sure it needs a coding guideline then
11:20 fridolin ah in order to do recursive call
11:20 ashimema we need to ensure, as QA people, that we catch cases where we're not passing a reference
11:20 Joubu or maybe it does I don't know, I wasn't in the loop
11:20 ashimema don't we
11:21 fridolin ok and hooks are not very often added
11:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #397: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/397/
11:21 ashimema it works either way.. it's when you have multiple plugins it can cause issues without it being a reference
11:21 ashimema I think
11:21 ashimema indeed.. they're not often added
11:21 ashimema it's just something to be aware of in QA
11:22 Joubu so yes we need a guideline
11:23 ashimema https://git.koha-community.org[…]ha/Plugins.pm#L69
11:23 fridolin sorry i have to go, i'll read the end. Thanks a lot tuxayo for chairing
11:23 fridolin left #koha
11:23 ashimema so there's already a note in the codebase about it
11:23 ashimema we just need to add that note to the guidelines I reckon to make sure we're all on the same page 🙂
11:23 ashimema I can draft it up
11:24 Joubu it's more something for the "how to write plugins" page, if we have one
11:24 tuxayo But QAer might miss it then
11:24 ashimema well.. ish
11:24 ashimema probably both
11:24 ashimema how to write plugins and how to add hooks to core
11:25 tuxayo # action ashimema draft coding guideline about reference passing for plugins
11:25 ashimema 🙂
11:25 tuxayo is that how I should write it?
11:25 Joubu without space
11:26 tuxayo (lol I work markdown syntax and the text is gigantic)
11:26 tuxayo #action ashimema draft coding guideline about reference passing for plugins
11:26 tuxayo ok it what to check the phrasing
11:26 tuxayo *it was
11:26 tuxayo no more topics?
11:27 tuxayo #topic  Set time of next meeting
11:27 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 March 2022)
11:28 tuxayo shoots, we don't know from Fridolin about the time.
11:28 tuxayo Let's assume same time then
11:29 tuxayo No issues?
11:29 Joubu in my understanding we were suppose to switch
11:29 tuxayo Alternate from this time to 15 UTC?
11:30 tuxayo *and
11:30 tuxayo date would be the 23th, the week before the hackfest
11:31 tuxayo Let's switch for the time.
11:31 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 23 March 2022, 15 UTC
11:32 tuxayo Might change if needed, don't forget to check the calendar or the dev mailing list the day before the next meeting
11:32 tuxayo #endmeeting
11:32 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software https://koha-community.org
11:32 huginn Meeting ended Wed Mar  9 11:32:38 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
11:32 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-03-09-10.01.html
11:32 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-03-09-10.01.txt
11:32 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]09-10.01.log.html
11:32 tuxayo thanks a lot all for your attendance and time
11:36 cait joined #koha
12:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #817: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/817/
12:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #398: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/398/
13:03 udkoha_ don't underestimate the complexity of Vue.js ! and remember KISS principle
13:03 udkoha_ :-)
13:04 udkoha_ I have again a question concerning remote debugging and koha-testing-docker
13:04 udkoha_ it seems to work but ... but ...
13:05 udkoha_ we use komodo and debugging is set to "stop at the first line ..."
13:06 udkoha_ when we start koha using start_plack_debug our komodo IDE detects the request coming from the docker container - but the first line of the application is "starman" and komodo complains that there is no file mapping for "/kohadevbox/usr/bin....starman"
13:07 udkoha_ but in our local environment we do not have starman
13:07 udkoha_ then I tried to add a breakpoint in mainpage.pl but this breakpoint is never reached
13:07 udkoha_ what can we do to get this run?
14:06 JBoyer joined #koha
14:13 magnuse__ joined #koha
14:32 lukeg joined #koha
14:39 udkoha_ could it be possible, that remote debugging does not find other breakpoints cause within this magic plack app another port is used for debugging instead of the one I configured in .env in REMOTE_DEBUGGER_LOCATION ? I'm asking, cause I do not use port 9000 !!
14:47 tcohen I found issues yesterday
14:48 tcohen related to host.docker.internal not being resolved
14:49 udkoha_ I changed it to the name of my machine
14:49 udkoha_ that's not the error
14:49 udkoha_ but thanks for looking
14:50 udkoha_ I found a strange thing in plack-debug.log : breakpoint_set -t line -f file:///koha/mainpage.pl   this path is not valid for me
14:52 udkoha_ if I tail this logfile I see that this line becomes inserted, when I create the braekpoint in Komodo
14:52 udkoha_ something must be wrong with my mapping
14:52 tcohen it all points to the mapping being wrong
14:52 udkoha_ :-)
14:54 udkoha_ for koha sources I map URI: file://kohadevbox/koha   to /home/uwe/projects/koha/koha
14:57 udkoha_ Komodo shows a file:///home... in the Mapped URIs overview but in the mapping dialog the file:///home... becomes a /home...
14:59 udkoha_ I'm confused what they mean with local and remote  - I believe that local is from the  perspective within the running app (means within the docker container) - in your example you used as URI file://kohadevbox/koha which I believe is a path within the docker container - isn't it?
15:47 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:57 cait1 left #koha
16:00 bag joined #koha
16:29 reiveune bye
16:29 reiveune left #koha
16:54 cait joined #koha
16:55 cait joined #koha
16:56 cait joined #koha
16:57 cait joined #koha
16:58 cait joined #koha
16:58 cait joined #koha
18:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:46 caroline joined #koha
19:09 oleonard joined #koha
19:34 udkoha joined #koha
19:36 udkoha another question concerning the debugging - meanwhile we see the hopefully correct mapping in the plack-debug.log
19:36 udkoha and we still enter the IDE debugger when we use "stop at first line"
19:37 udkoha but we can't debug, when we try to debug one of the perl programs like mainfile.pl, admin...pl or whatever
19:38 udkoha how can we be sure that debugging is working, when we load an URL of koha with path /cgi-bin/koha/whatever.pl ??
19:39 udkoha in other word - if we send an CGI request, does this run in the plack environment - please help us koha newbies ;-)
21:16 Jess_ joined #koha
21:25 Jess_ Hello! Our school's OPAC is down with an internal server error. This was initially due to a full disk, but since clearing that to 51% usage (and restarting everything), the server error remains. I have the following plack error: CGI::Session::Driver::DBI::retrieve(): DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha_tsaslibrary.sessions' doesn't exist in engine that might be causing it, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I have logs ready if help
21:57 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:11 Jess_ joined #koha
22:11 Jess_ left #koha
22:12 Jess_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary