IRC log for #koha, 2021-02-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #214: SUCCESS in 1 hr 13 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/214/
00:32 inlibro joined #koha
00:40 khall joined #koha
00:41 AndrewFH joined #koha
00:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #215: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/215/
01:01 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:12 khall joined #koha
01:32 inlibro joined #koha
02:33 inlibro joined #koha
03:33 inlibro joined #koha
04:33 inlibro joined #koha
05:05 Irfan joined #koha
05:05 Irfan hello i hope eveone is doing well
05:06 Irfan can some body tell me that when i impor record add items are getting missed accession number and all details
05:07 Irfan left #koha
05:33 inlibro joined #koha
05:44 khall joined #koha
06:07 khall_ joined #koha
06:26 davidnind joined #koha
06:33 inlibro joined #koha
06:38 fridolin joined #koha
06:53 fridolin left #koha
07:07 ashimema Morning #koha
07:07 ashimema Sorry Irfan, I don't know that area of koha well
07:13 ere joined #koha
07:19 reiveune joined #koha
07:19 reiveune hello
07:19 ere hi #koha
07:20 ere So, if I have a Koha database with a lot of biblios, is there a nice existing script to generate items for testing?
07:25 did joined #koha
07:25 ashimema dcook++
07:26 ashimema Er... Not one that I know if I'm afraid ere
07:26 ere ashimema: Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to create one, but here we go..
07:33 inlibro joined #koha
07:35 magnuse \o/
07:36 magnuse ere: sounds like a fun little project ;-)
07:38 ere magnuse: It is, actually, but I would still have wanted to avoid it :D
07:44 cait joined #koha
07:45 cait1 joined #koha
07:49 alex_a joined #koha
07:50 alex_a Bonjour
07:50 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:57 ashimema the only place there 'might' be something would be in 'misc4dev'
07:57 ashimema https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-misc4dev
07:58 cait hm?
07:58 ashimema if you do create one.. perhaps submit it to that repo?
07:58 ashimema was talking to ere cait
07:58 ashimema :)
07:59 ashimema he wants a script to generate test items to go with his same set of bibs
07:59 ere ashimema: I'll do if I come up with something not too messed up :)
08:00 ashimema ere.. you might want to use t/lib/TestBuilder.pm in the main repo?
08:00 ashimema it has 'build_sample_item' which I imagine could be useful?
08:00 ashimema just some food for thought
08:00 ere ashimema: true, that's a good point
08:01 ashimema depending on the sorts of numbers you're talking about it may not meet performance requirements
08:01 ashimema but thought it worth mentioning in case you hand't thought of it.
08:02 * ashimema is in training all day again today :(
08:02 ere ashimema: I might need to go bare SQL for now, though build_sample_item would be neater
08:03 ashimema yeah, it's a nice little function.. but I can see it getting a bit painful if found inside a big loop
08:04 ere now running a rough version, adds a couple thousand of items per second.
08:04 ashimema nice
08:05 cait i think the scripts currently just laod some sample data but don't generate them?
08:05 cait hm sorry for the bad English
08:06 ashimema yeah.. having just taken a quick look I think you're right cait
08:06 ashimema but.. it would be nice to have a random data generator in that repo too :)
08:07 cait yes and no - i thin good for testing when you need a ton of items
08:07 ere 300 000 items added...
08:07 ashimema wow.. impressive
08:07 cait but also good to have a set with some specific characteristics that looks like real ones (callnumbers, copynumbers, all that)
08:08 fridolin joined #koha
08:08 ere indeed.. at this point I just want to spread out items with diverse timestamps for testing OAI-PMH performance improvement attempts
08:09 ere well, I also added prefixed barcodes so that I can get rid of them as well
08:09 cait great to see that btw :)
08:10 cait work on improving our oai, we use it with quite a few of libraries
08:10 ere one of the things I've wanted to work on since forever
08:10 cait and always nice to see you around :)
08:10 ashimema nice one ere
08:10 ashimema ere++
08:10 ere not forever, since last time :)
08:10 ere cait: you too
08:11 ere thanks ashimema
08:11 ashimema I'd be interested in you opinion on my approach to the db update in bug 26734 ;)
08:11 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=26734 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Convert accounts (monetary) notices to use GetPreparedLetter
08:11 ashimema that was for cait
08:11 ashimema you back for a bit ere.. or is this a fleeting visit?
08:11 ashimema it's great having you around
08:11 lds joined #koha
08:12 cait hm what was?
08:12 ashimema cait: I'd be interested in you opinion on my approach to the db update in bug 26734 ;)
08:13 ere ashimema: I've been lurking in the background... My intent is to slowly proceed with the stuff on my board, but as usual, I'm swamped (isn't everyone?). And when I'm too busy I suck with communication..
08:13 ashimema as in.. I gave up trying to update peoples notices in place.. it turned out too difficult to get right and likely to just lead to broken notices for people upgradeing..
08:13 ashimema so.. instead I went for a 'Just replace the notice entirely with the default.. and backup the original to action_logs'
08:14 ashimema yeah, know the feeling well ere
08:14 ashimema it's nice to see you around anyways :)
08:14 ashimema keep in touch.. even if you don't have time to do get to coding stuff.. we like to know people are still alive and well ;)
08:16 ashimema matts around?
08:16 ere ashimema: :)
08:17 cait what ashimema said :)
08:18 ashimema @later tell matts I remember why I reworked bug 24381 into parts now.. it's because when I was trying to update the notice we found that it was very difficult to write one notice that accounted for all situations.. we have so many different credit/debit types that you'd need loads of conditionals in the templates to in effect create different notices within the template for each type
08:18 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:18 ashimema things like a 'payout' should not match any other 'debit' type receipts.
08:18 ashimema and a 'credit note' doesn't really match a 'payment' receipt
08:19 ashimema @later tell matts things like a 'payout' should not match any other 'debit' type receipts.
08:19 ashimema and a 'credit note' doesn't really match a 'payment' receipt
08:19 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:19 ashimema @later tell matts and a 'credit note' doesn't really match a 'payment' receipt
08:19 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:25 cait your approach sounds ok, but we'll need a big warning in the release notes
08:25 cait to make people aware
08:25 ashimema :)
08:26 cait it's easier for those that are already using the new installer
08:26 ashimema I was hoping that's the answer you would give me :)
08:26 cait but for a lot of languages we won't be able to provide translated notices
08:26 cait so that's why we need a big note
08:26 ashimema yeah
08:26 ashimema translations was the challenge I was seeing
08:26 ashimema I'd love to see the yaml install part of the installer made so it could be used to pick and choose certain rows
08:26 cait i think some inconvenience on update is ok if the merit is there :)
08:27 ashimema then we could install defaults for translated notices too
08:27 cait we do install defaults for translated notices
08:27 ashimema so.... on the merit front..
08:27 ashimema we do 'install'.. but we don't "upgrade"
08:27 cait you can't
08:27 cait these are customizable parts
08:27 ashimema in my upgrade I end up replacing any of the installed translated notices with the default english
08:28 cait right ok
08:28 cait so for new ones
08:28 cait that's true
08:28 ashimema for the new installer you mean?
08:28 cait new notices i mean
08:28 ashimema indeed
08:28 cait not ones we update... but new notices on update :)
08:28 cait there was the confusion on my side
08:28 ashimema hum...
08:28 ashimema interesting.. do we?
08:29 ashimema how do we do that?
08:29 ashimema so my understanding is..
08:29 ashimema for fresh installs we can insert the default notices (including translations)
08:29 ashimema for upgrades we always install the english notice for a new notice
08:30 ashimema I don't see code here to install a translated notice at upgrade
08:30 * ashimema really hopes he's just missing something.. would be great if he is.
08:34 inlibro joined #koha
08:38 Joubu correct ashimema, notice templates are not translated when added during an upgrade
08:38 ashimema phew
08:38 ashimema not going mad
08:38 ashimema but.. it would certainly be a nice addition :)
08:39 ashimema I'm thinking it would be good to split 'process_yml_table' to add a 'process_yml_row'
08:39 ashimema in C4::Installer
08:39 ashimema that way we could refer to individual rows in updatedatabase using the C4::Installer method?
08:39 ashimema thoguhts?
08:40 ashimema that would also get me out the the current hole I'm in :P
08:40 ashimema and mean that for upgrades instead of having to maintain an SQL statement in an atomic update and the yaml version in the installer templates.. we could just refer to the installer version from the update script.
08:43 ashimema lol
08:43 cait ashimema: that is waht I was trying to say
08:43 ashimema seems I'be been round this loop before..
08:43 ashimema it's where bug 24712 was coming from
08:43 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=24712 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Use YAML files for some of the update data
08:43 Joubu yes, I guess that could be done. But... we have 2 ways to deal with translated SQL data
08:43 Joubu that means you will have to handle both during the upgrade process
08:44 Joubu dealing with yml seems quite easy
08:44 Joubu Parsing the .sql will becoming a mess easily
08:44 cait i wonder if we should just start standardizing the others and moving them over... a lot of the special stuff could go into custom.sql now
08:44 Joubu yes
08:44 Joubu but... who?
08:44 wahanui but are you getting images on my search results page which are added by Coce?
08:44 ashimema perhaps we do it for just notices to start.. rather than being too generic
08:44 cait true
08:45 cait if i could clone myself... i would like to do it :( just so hard to promise anything
08:45 ashimema I do want to do away with .sql entirely as soon as we can
08:45 ashimema I'm not sure the people involved really understand the move :(
08:45 cait i think they would like it
08:45 cait it's just they don't have maintainers anymore
08:45 cait the problematic ones
08:45 Joubu installer/data/mysql/fr-FR/1​-Obligatoire/sample_notices.sql
08:45 cait we keep them working, but noone actively takes care
08:46 ashimema fridolin around?
08:46 cait hm for fr-FR we may be able to twist an arm or two :)
08:46 ashimema we should approach biblibre to do the fr-FR ones and inlibro to do the fr-CA ones.
08:46 ashimema that would be a good start
08:47 fridolin ashimema: yep
08:47 ashimema John Fawcett appears to maintain the it-IT ones.. perhaps an email to him for those
08:47 khall joined #koha
08:48 fridolin oh i m not aware of this
08:48 Joubu it has been advertised on the list and the release notes
08:49 fridolin oki i'll fw the list
08:49 magnuse i'll do the norwegian ones, if you tell me what to do :-)
08:50 fridolin i dont find in list, what is the mail subject please ?
08:52 ashimema https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=24973
08:52 ashimema I made a tree
08:52 cait magnuse: you can copy from the german bug
08:52 cait but i had help from Jonathan...
08:52 cait but it didn't look too bad? :)
08:53 cait fridolin: i'd look for installer - it's been a while ago, last release cycle at least
08:54 cait ashimema: as you are on it already - coudl you add one for magnuse?
08:54 ashimema done
08:54 ashimema bug 27622
08:54 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27622 minor, P5 - low, ---, magnus, NEW , Remove nb-NO installer data
08:55 fridolin ah oki
08:56 ashimema I need to head into my training now
08:56 ashimema still need to add bugs for pl-PL  ru-RU  uk-UA
08:56 Joubu ashimema: I will open them
08:57 cait i could maybe try to do ru-RU... just don't wnat to promise
08:57 cait i can at least read it
08:57 cait it might help a little
08:58 ashimema thanks Joubu
08:58 ashimema thanks cait
08:58 ashimema be so nice to get this finished up
08:58 cait true
08:58 cait our started-unfinished ones are heavy load on our shoulders...
08:58 cait always good to finish things
09:00 Joubu I will send some emails asking for help
09:00 Joubu (that was more a thing for next release cycle, but earlier the better)
09:02 magnuse cait: if you have done this for the german files, do you have the bug number where you did it?
09:03 cait it's in the tree
09:04 cait bug 24972
09:04 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=24972 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Remove de-DE installer data
09:04 cait it works well afakt
09:04 cait i just tested it again yesterday for some local changes to custom.sql
09:04 ashimema :)
09:04 ashimema have a good day #koha
09:04 cait we haven't done an installation with it yet, but no problems spotted in various tests so far
09:05 cait good luck with your trainign :)
09:08 alex_a joined #koha
09:09 Joubu magnuse: Did you see that I attached a patch on bug 18984? Any chances to get a SO from you? :)
09:09 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18984 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Remove support for NORMARC
09:13 magnuse Joubu: thanks, but it's a bit early yet. we have not had the time to convert our normarc sites to marc 21 yet
09:16 Joubu as the bug report has been opened more than 3y ago I thought it was just waiting for a patch
09:21 alex_a joined #koha
09:28 magnuse yeah, the conversion is long overdue...
09:31 Joubu magnuse: removing the installer data will prevent new install to use it. How could it be bad for existing sites? (the DB will be migrated anyway)
09:31 Joubu ha, the zebra config files..
09:31 magnuse yup
09:32 magnuse i could sign off if it only affected new sites
09:34 inlibro joined #koha
09:48 matts Hey ashimema, thanks for the precision :)
09:48 ashimema :)
09:48 ashimema I'm happy to jump back on that area btw..
09:48 ashimema would love to see it progress
09:49 matts Yeah, I'm also glad that Bug 18506 started moving again
09:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18506 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Passed QA , SSO - Shibboleth Only Mode
09:54 ashimema just needed the right poke :@)
09:54 ashimema thanks :)
10:01 cait ashimema: Joubu: was wondering: Remove is not good, maybe better Move the isntaller data? souns less scary in release notes :)
10:01 ashimema I agree..
10:01 ashimema deffo be better to rephrase that..
10:01 ashimema I just cloned the existing bugs ;)
10:02 Joubu they will get removed
10:02 Joubu not moved
10:03 Joubu the yml are built from the PO's and not part of git but generated by the translate script
10:04 cait i think it's a little misleading, maybe Switch ?
10:04 Joubu I was comparing the it-IT MARC21 framework structure with 'en', and they are totally different
10:04 cait only different sql or different tags/fields structure?
10:04 Joubu only 3 frameworks
10:04 Joubu and the default "" is different
10:05 cait they do already have a translation project
10:05 cait https://translate.koha-community.org/files/it/
10:05 Joubu I will contact Zeno and John Fawcett to ask them how they are using them
10:05 Joubu I think they only use UNIMARC
10:05 cait https://translate.koha-community.org/it/marc21/
10:05 cait and its done
10:06 cait i think it depends, Italy kind of uses both is what Zeno told me
10:06 cait hm ok
10:06 cait zeno transalted the marc21 files it seems
10:06 cait on pootle
10:07 cait it's a lot of work, so i think they use it
10:10 cait Joubu: maybe that#s a blocker: moving the UNIMARC sql files to Pootle
10:10 cait they are not there yet and it's too much work to loose
10:10 cait https://translate.koha-community.org/fr/
10:15 Joubu I thought Bernardo managed to retrieve most of them from the existing .sql files
10:16 cait there are no fiels for unimarc i can see
10:22 ashimema coffee break in training.
10:22 ashimema looks like i have some chat to catch up on.
10:25 ashimema interestingly enough.. it's the frameworks script that I thought I identified a bug in the other day Joubu
10:25 cait Joubu: it looks like Bernardo did MARC21 and all the other installer files, not the UNIMARC ones
10:25 cait to clarify
10:26 cait there is a hole, afaiks
10:26 ashimema where i said I think they getting pulled out of pootle.. a bunch fo stuff done.. but never getting put back into pootle
10:26 cait ?
10:26 ashimema should we email bernardo
10:26 cait i think we should be asking for UNIMARC yes
10:26 cait i wonder if the unimarc en and fr-fr files differ also
10:26 cait i am afraid they might
10:26 Joubu ashimema: no, I think it's how it works. Sanitizing is done in one way only
10:27 cait i am not sure if the english ones are fit for a template
10:27 ashimema okies
10:27 ashimema the english unimarc you mean cait?
10:27 * ashimema wonders if there even are english unimarc templates
10:27 Joubu there are
10:27 cait yes there are
10:27 cait but i think at least some of the mappings are different
10:28 cait last time i checked a lot of the mappings we have as default were not in unimarc
10:28 cait in items etc.
10:28 cait which is not a blocker, but if english and fr-fr are not the same... we might want to do some clean-up there
10:31 ashimema do any of the english speaking world actually use UNIMARC?
10:34 inlibro joined #koha
10:34 cait i think only france, italy and maybeeee spain
10:34 cait ?
10:36 Joubu uk provided some unimarc files as well
10:36 ashimema as in russia or england?
10:36 Joubu sorry, I meant Ukrainian, not UK
10:36 Joubu :)
10:36 ashimema :)
11:04 alex_a joined #koha
11:07 khall joined #koha
11:12 oleonard o/
11:34 inlibro joined #koha
11:50 did joined #koha
12:02 khall joined #koha
12:10 khall_ joined #koha
12:31 ivandz Hello! What's the difference in file mapping.yaml between sort: ~ and sort:1 ? Thanks!
12:34 inlibro joined #koha
12:38 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:43 oleonard After holds, OpacHiddenItems must be the most buggy feature we have
12:45 oleonard Is anyone aware of an existing bug about categorycode in PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField breaking self-registration?
12:46 ivandz @seen kidclamp
12:46 huginn ivandz: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 2 days, 0 hours, 8 minutes, and 19 seconds ago: <kidclamp> Yup
12:46 ivandz @seen ivandz
12:47 huginn ivandz: ivandz was last seen in #koha 31 seconds ago: <ivandz> @seen kidclamp
12:47 oleonard Thumbs up to whoever programmed huginn not the put themselves into a neverending loop
12:48 khall joined #koha
12:51 fridolin joined #koha
12:54 oleonard What is the self-registration form supposed to do if categorycode is hidden and there is no default defined?
12:54 oleonard Dealer's choice?
12:56 ashimema @seen jcamins
12:56 huginn ashimema: jcamins was last seen in #koha 2 years, 36 weeks, 0 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <jcamins> cait: probably 561.
12:57 oleonard (;﹏;)
12:58 * ashimema wonders what the longest @seen is in our database
12:58 tuxayo hi #koha o/
12:58 tuxayo About removing lang-LANG installer data, it's about removing the directory,
12:58 tuxayo removing a reference to a file in xt/ and checking in the translation platform that the installer string are translated. Is that all?
12:59 ashimema pretty much
12:59 ashimema you may also want to transplant the existing translation into pootle?
12:59 tcohen <morning
13:01 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:01 oleonard Hi tcohen
13:02 tuxayo ashimema: that is copying it from the to be removed files to pootle?
13:02 tcohen @seen tcohen
13:02 huginn tcohen: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 minutes and 55 seconds ago: <tcohen> <morning
13:02 tcohen @seen tcohen
13:02 huginn tcohen: tcohen was last seen in #koha 5 seconds ago: <tcohen> @seen tcohen
13:15 kidclamp ivandz: hi
13:15 oleonard So, self-registration: If you hide patron category and don't have a default defined in  PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory then the form submission will fail.
13:15 kidclamp @seen WNickC
13:15 huginn kidclamp: I have not seen WNickC.
13:15 kidclamp @seen wnickc
13:15 huginn kidclamp: I have not seen wnickc.
13:16 oleonard @seen wnickey
13:16 huginn oleonard: I have not seen wnickey.
13:16 Joubu ivandz: IIRC sort=1 means sortable, sort=0 means not sortable, sort=undef (~ in yml) means use the default
13:17 quatta[m] left #koha
13:18 kidclamp which is sortable
13:19 kidclamp bug 27316
13:19 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27316 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , In mappings use yes/no for sortable
13:27 oleonard Hm.... So what did Bug 27148 fix?
13:27 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27148 critical, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Pushed to stable , Internal Server Error during self registration 20.11
13:31 davidnind left #koha
13:32 Joubu oleonard: what's the question exactly?
13:33 oleonard Joubu: there is still a bug, I'm still trying to understand it. I think it happens when both categorycode AND password are hidden in patron self-registration.
13:33 Joubu without this patch, if the categorycode is hidden from the self reg form (PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField), then it explodes because we didn't pass the patron category
13:34 oleonard I thought the problem was just with categorycode until I saw that there was already a patch to fix...something.
13:35 inlibro joined #koha
13:35 oleonard Does the server-side pick the default category if none is passed by the form?
13:36 Joubu yes
13:36 oleonard What does it do if no default is defined?
13:37 Joubu I put categorycode and password in PatronSelfRegistrationBorrowerUnwantedField and the self reg succeed
13:37 Joubu it should not work
13:37 Joubu it default is mandatory
13:37 Joubu *I think*
13:38 oleonard How can it be mandatory? We don't have any way of enforcing that except by disabling self-registration
13:38 Joubu 207                                         [% IF PatronSelfRegistration && PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory %]
13:38 Joubu opac-main.tt
13:38 Joubu "Register here" link is not display
13:39 Joubu BUT it's not enforced in the controller
13:39 oleonard Aha... but the page still works!
13:39 Joubu (it's a bug)
13:40 oleonard I didn't notice that the link disappeared because I was refreshing the entry form page
13:40 Joubu and I thought we had a warning on the about page, but we actually didn't
13:42 Joubu AndrewFH: can you explain why you added the dependency between bug 18967 and bug 20212?
13:42 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18967 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Acquisitions receipt search filter is too sticky
13:42 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Slowness in receiving in acquisitions
13:42 oleonard Okay. I will file a bug which deals exclusively with the error that happens when categorycode and password are both hidden.
13:43 Joubu oleonard: It works for me if the default category is defined
13:44 Joubu the bug is that the self reg form should return 404 if the default cat is not set
13:44 oleonard If I hide categorycode and password I get this error: [You must provide a patron's category to validate password's strength and length] at /usr/share/perl5/Exception/Class/Base.pm line 88
13:44 AndrewFH oh, you can remove it if you like. I saw 18967 and thought it might be useful for folks to know that page had changed a lot. in retrospect, it wasn't really a Depends On
13:44 AndrewFH @Joubu ^
13:44 huginn AndrewFH: I suck
13:44 Joubu AndrewFH: maybe we should close 18967 then?
13:45 AndrewFH I wasn't sure off the top of my head if that stickiness had changed or if we'd maintained the same questionable behavior
13:46 nlegrand joined #koha
13:46 Joubu AndrewFH: it's now stored in storage, not cookies
13:46 Joubu so the bug is not longer valid:)
13:46 nlegrand A good day.
13:46 Joubu I will comment and close
13:47 Joubu Salut nlegrand
13:48 nlegrand Salut Joubu !
13:50 AndrewFH thanks, Joubu! Good catch :)
13:50 Joubu AndrewFH: which is wrong, its stored in localStorage, and so will persist until it's removed
13:50 Joubu the bug is still valid, sorry for the confusion
13:51 AndrewFH heh, crossed messages
13:52 oleonard Bug 27626
13:52 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27626 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Patron self-registration breaks if categorycode and password are hidden
13:53 Joubu oleonard: can you confirm you don't have a default patron category for self reg?
13:53 Joubu PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory
13:53 oleonard I do have a default defined.
13:53 wizzycray joined #koha
13:54 kidclamp_ joined #koha
13:54 ivandz kidclamp, hi!
13:55 Joubu oleonard: I don't recreate the problem then. It's still working for me
13:55 oleonard :/
13:55 inlibro_ joined #koha
13:55 Joubu confirm the categorycode you used is a valid one
13:55 ivandz Joubu, (~ in yml) means use the default. But what is 'default'?
13:55 Joubu default is yes, sortable
13:56 marie-luce joined #koha
13:57 ivandz Joubu, thanks!
14:00 inlibro joined #koha
14:00 sophie_m1 joined #koha
14:02 oleonard ( ‾᷅⚰‾᷄ )
14:02 sophie_m1 left #koha
14:03 ivandz oleonard, -=0_0=-
14:03 pastebot "oleonard" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Joubu: Does this explain anything about why I'm getting an error?" (587 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/27753
14:04 inlibro_ joined #koha
14:04 Joubu yes, you have PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail
14:05 Joubu I dont'
14:06 Joubu and I confirm that I get the 500 now as well :)
14:07 oleonard Hooray! I mean... Boo
14:20 cait tuxayo: we've retranslated, it was not too horrible, for the MARC files it might be worth getting in touch with Bernardo, he did the marc21 from sql to pootle some time ago
14:20 cait oleonard: opachiddenitems is getting better with tochens work
14:20 cait oleonard: if you run in unfiled bugs, please file
14:20 khall_ joined #koha
14:21 oleonard I was just looking at the list of bugs was was surprised at the number
14:21 cait there is an omnibus bug
14:21 cait yeah there are some
14:23 caroline what is the difference between putting lost items in OpacHiddenItems and using hidelostitems?
14:27 AndrewFH good question caroline! OPACHiddenItems could have exceptions for patron categories
14:27 AndrewFH I feel like there's some other difference I'm blanking on
14:33 caroline I'm setting up a new Koha for a new client and they asked me to hide lost items from the opac (they're the first i've had who wanted this). I set hidelostitems to hide, but I think I'm going to add lost items to OpacHiddenItems too just to be 100% sure
14:34 cait1 joined #koha
14:35 inlibro joined #koha
14:40 Abdul joined #koha
14:41 Abdul I'm trying to sign off a patch
14:41 Abdul which involves navigating to cgi-bin/koha/sco/sco-main.pl in the staff interface.
14:41 Abdul When I go there I get "not found"
14:41 oleonard caroline: For what it's worth we've always used hidelostitems and haven't had any trouble with it as far as I know
14:43 Abdul What is SCO? Do I need to activate it somehow?
14:43 caroline Abdul, it's the self-checkout module
14:43 caroline you need to activate the system preference
14:43 oleonard WebBasedSelfCheck
14:48 TimothyAlexis I'm sory
14:48 TimothyAlexis Sorry*
14:49 caroline no need to be sorry
14:49 caroline it's a valid question
14:49 TimothyAlexis So, the patch I'm looking at is 27282, but it seems that with the version of Chrome I have, I am able to print these without the patch :/
14:49 TimothyAlexis bug 27282
14:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27282 minor, P5 - low, ---, lucas, Needs Signoff , Printing broken in some versions of Chrome
14:51 TimothyAlexis I had the wrong name here...
14:52 caroline unfortunately, the bug report doesn't say which version of Chrome is causing the problem
14:52 Joubu caroline: hidelostitems is for staff interface as well
14:53 Joubu maybe not
14:53 caroline Joubu: really? wow it's very powerful... So once an item is lost, it is completely invisible to everyone?
14:54 Joubu from the search page?
14:54 martin___ joined #koha
14:54 Joubu let me check the code
14:54 AndrewFH I don't think hidelostitems impacts the staff client
14:54 Joubu it's only for opac, indeed
14:54 AndrewFH but there is a thing in patron categories that determines whether or not a user can see lost things in the staff client
14:54 caroline yes I remember that one
14:55 Joubu OpacHiddenItems is buggy anyway
14:55 AndrewFH TimothyAlexis caroline I can give lucas a poke about bug 27282, ask which chrome version
14:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27282 minor, P5 - low, ---, lucas, Needs Signoff , Printing broken in some versions of Chrome
14:55 Joubu you shouldn't consider it work in all OPAC views
14:55 caroline hum... I've never had any problem with it, but thatnks, I'll keep that in mind
14:56 Joubu bug 24403
14:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=24403 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] OpacHiddenItems should hide items everywhere in the OPAC
14:56 caroline is it normal that there isnt anything in the bug report? maybe I don't have the access
14:57 lukeG joined #koha
14:57 caroline oh ok I get it, it only links to other bug reports
15:02 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:04 cait1 joined #koha
15:06 cait1 joined #koha
15:06 martin___ joined #koha
15:08 cait1 joined #koha
15:19 tuxayo cait: hi :) «for the MARC files» so there is something else to do than remove the folder + the reference in xt/ + ensure installer translated in Pootle?
15:21 TimothyAlexis AndrewFH Thank you
15:24 ere joined #koha
15:35 inlibro joined #koha
15:40 tuxayo About removing lang-LANG (like fr-FR) installer data, all the strings to replace that old data are in fr-FR-installer.po in the translation platform. Is that correct?
15:49 fridolin joined #koha
16:11 oleonard Editing the xsl files is like defusing a bomb, and I keep cutting the wrong wire.
16:20 ivandz joined #koha
16:20 reiveune bye
16:20 reiveune left #koha
16:22 Joubu tuxayo: are you talking about bug 27619?
16:22 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27619 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove fr-FR installer data
16:22 tuxayo Joubu: Yes
16:23 tuxayo trying to not miss steps
16:23 Joubu The problem is the framework file (marcflavour SQL files). So yes there is much more than that.
16:24 tuxayo fr-FR-installer-MARC21.po in Pootle?
16:24 Joubu what we want to reach is 1 .sql for UNIMARC and one for MARC21. They will have "default" for marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure
16:25 Joubu BUT some languages (like fr-FR, it-IT) have taken too much "liberty" (let's say that) and they diverged completely from what is in "en"
16:25 Joubu (most of the time for country specific stuffs)
16:26 martin___ joined #koha
16:26 Joubu the problem we have now is: if we want to provide a single .sql for all languages, the frameworks will differ from the current "translated" ones
16:31 tuxayo Oh, it's SQL for inserting base data, not the UI of the installer? (I though it was yaml now for base data at install) Sorry for being totally oblivious to these changes.
16:33 Joubu it's yml, not for fr-FR, fr-CA, it-IT, ...
16:33 Joubu they have to be moved to yml
16:33 Joubu ^yml^the new system
16:35 inlibro joined #koha
16:42 martin___ joined #koha
16:42 Joubu kidclamp: Is self reg supposed to work if PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory is not set?
16:45 Joubu kidclamp: bug 27626 comment 3
16:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27626 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Patron self-registration breaks if categorycode and password are hidden
17:01 AndrewFH Joubu in theory, yes?
17:01 AndrewFH but only if the library wants the selfreg patron to be able to pick their own category, which seems really niche
17:03 tuxayo Joubu: So we have to create this/those yml files before removing the old directory?
17:05 cait left #koha
17:07 fridolin left #koha
17:15 martin___ joined #koha
17:16 khall joined #koha
17:17 cait joined #koha
17:18 lds joined #koha
17:29 ere joined #koha
17:35 inlibro joined #koha
17:51 lukeG1 oleonard: did you file a seperate bug to fix the 'Element https://html.spec.whatwg.org/m[…]/#the-div-element not allowed as child of element https://html.spec.whatwg.org/m[…]#the-span-element in this context.' in the OPAC xslt?
17:52 oleonard Bug 27627
17:52 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27627 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Fix invalid HTMl in OPAC results XSLT: change spans to divs
17:52 lukeG1 thanks for catching those!
17:54 oleonard And a bonus one: Bug 27628
17:54 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27628 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Fix minor HTML markup errors in OPAC search results templates
18:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #50: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/50/
18:11 tcohen hi all
18:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #367: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/367/
18:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #299: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/299/
18:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #131: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/131/
18:30 tuxayo hi tcohen o/
18:31 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:31 wahanui Congratulations!
18:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #193: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/193/
18:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #295: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/295/
18:35 inlibro joined #koha
18:40 ere joined #koha
18:40 khall_ joined #koha
19:27 ere joined #koha
19:36 inlibro joined #koha
20:10 ivandz joined #koha
20:36 inlibro joined #koha
20:53 * cait waves
21:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #219: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/219/
21:36 inlibro joined #koha
21:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #216: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/216/
21:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #114: SUCCESS in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_20.05_U2010/114/
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #81: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/81/
21:55 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:55 wahanui Congratulations!
21:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #248: FIXED in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/248/
22:02 cait joined #koha
22:12 ere joined #koha
22:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #220: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/220/
22:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #82: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/82/
22:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #220: ABORTED in 1 hr 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/220/
22:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #83: FAILURE in 3 min 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/83/
22:36 inlibro joined #koha
22:38 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:38 wahanui Congratulations!
22:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #217: FIXED in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/217/
22:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #115: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_20.05_U2010/115/
22:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #221: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/221/
22:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #249: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/249/
23:07 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:17 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:26 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:26 wahanui Congratulations!
23:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #84: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/84/
23:32 khall joined #koha
23:36 inlibro joined #koha
23:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #218: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/218/
23:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #116: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_20.05_U2010/116/
23:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #221: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/221/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary