IRC log for #koha, 2021-01-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 lukeG joined #koha
00:15 lukeG1 joined #koha
00:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #73: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/73/
00:26 dcook happy new year doppelganger alexbuckley
00:28 dcook Hmm I must be doing something wrong as the numbers aren't adding up on https://dashboard.koha-community.org/
00:28 dcook Oh wait... I'm silly
00:28 dcook Nvm
00:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #209: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/209/
00:35 inlibro joined #koha
01:09 khall joined #koha
01:35 inlibro joined #koha
01:42 khall_ joined #koha
01:46 khall joined #koha
02:00 khall joined #koha
02:35 inlibro joined #koha
02:41 khall joined #koha
02:53 khall joined #koha
03:36 inlibro joined #koha
03:51 khall joined #koha
04:36 inlibro joined #koha
04:57 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:36 inlibro joined #koha
06:30 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:36 inlibro joined #koha
06:38 chriss joined #koha
07:20 khall joined #koha
07:36 lds joined #koha
07:36 inlibro joined #koha
07:38 khall joined #koha
07:42 reiveune joined #koha
07:42 fridolin joined #koha
07:43 reiveune hello
07:52 did joined #koha
07:59 alex_a joined #koha
07:59 alex_a Bonjour
07:59 wahanui privet, alex_a
08:02 cait joined #koha
08:02 cait1 joined #koha
08:07 khall joined #koha
08:16 magnuse oops, bug 27355 caught me by surprise after upgrading to 20.05.x
08:16 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27355 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Missing sip.enabled after upgrade to 20.05.x
08:19 cait1 just upgraded that to minor - not sure if that is severe enough?
08:19 cait1 but sure sounds more like a bug than an enh?
08:26 paul_p joined #koha
08:27 cait1 happy new year, paul_p
08:28 paul_p_ joined #koha
08:36 inlibro joined #koha
08:42 magnuse cait1: yeah, leaving it at enh was an oversight
08:46 cait1 is minor ok?
08:48 magnuse i think it means that sip2 can not be automatically restarted after the upgrade, so it stays off. that might deserve "normal"?
08:48 cait1 yep
08:48 cait1 at least
08:51 Nioku joined #koha
08:52 khall joined #koha
08:52 Nioku Hello ! As part of my studies, I have to realize a fictitious project and we have to propose two software solutions. Koha seems perfect for this exercise, however, one of the instructions specifies the need to consult digital documents on the online catalog. Does Koha have this feature?
08:57 cait1 hi Nioku
08:57 cait1 can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by consult?
09:01 Nioku Hey ! By consult, I meant access (read) digitized articles. The project is about a school's library that would digitize various articles and they would want access to those for their students
09:04 cait1 You can upload files in Koha and your records can display the links to them
09:05 cait1 what you can#t do is control access - say only make the links work for registered users
09:05 khall joined #koha
09:06 Nioku Thank you very much !
09:09 Joubu Postponing yesterday's meeting
09:09 Joubu #startmeeting General IRC meeting 6 January 2021
09:09 huginn Meeting started Thu Jan  7 09:09:18 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:09 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:09 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 January 2021)
09:09 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_6_january_2021'
09:09 Joubu #info Meeting postponed
09:09 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
09:09 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 6 January 2021)
09:09 Joubu #info Next meeting: 21 January 2021, 14 UTC
09:09 ashimema morning
09:10 Joubu #endmeeting
09:10 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software https://koha-community.org
09:10 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jan  7 09:10:04 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
09:10 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-07-09.09.html
09:10 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-07-09.09.txt
09:10 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]07-09.09.log.html
09:10 * cait1 waves to all around
09:11 Joubu I don't think the RM is the one to chair the meeting, I've started this habit when I was RM 17.11, but I was already chairing the meeting prior to that
09:11 Joubu We need one (or 2) "meeting managers"
09:12 cait1 hm i thought we had that for a while even
09:12 Joubu To prepare the meetings, deal with tz, chair, ask people if they did their "actions" for the next meetings, etc.
09:13 Joubu gmcharlt: can you create the 2021 entry at meetings.k-c.org please?
09:16 tallerjoy joined #koha
09:19 khall_ joined #koha
09:26 morrism joined #koha
09:29 Joubu erk 21th is Thursday!
09:37 inlibro joined #koha
09:39 khall joined #koha
09:46 morrism joined #koha
10:37 inlibro joined #koha
10:56 Joubu tcohen, mtj: bug 27355, any ideas on how we could fix that?
10:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27355 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Missing sip.enabled after upgrade to 20.05.x
11:04 cait joined #koha
11:07 Joubu @later tell AndrewFW Added a note for you on bug 27062 comment 7
11:07 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
11:10 Joubu @later tell tcohen 27071 what's next?
11:10 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
11:18 tcohen buen día
11:33 oleonard Hi #koha
11:37 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:37 wahanui Congratulations!
11:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #27: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/27/
11:37 inlibro joined #koha
11:43 kidclamp joined #koha
11:49 khall joined #koha
11:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #33: STILL UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/33/
12:08 kellym joined #koha
12:08 kellym left #koha
12:11 morrism joined #koha
12:11 khall_ joined #koha
12:14 pastebot "tcohen" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "diff --git a/Koha/Object.pm b/" (39 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/27212
12:28 alex_a joined #koha
12:29 cait1 hi tcohen and all
12:32 tcohen hi cait1
12:37 inlibro joined #koha
12:37 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:01 morrism joined #koha
13:03 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:03 wahanui Congratulations!
13:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #34: FIXED in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/34/
13:09 fridolin joined #koha
13:30 fridolin Bug 27351 same as Bug 27349
13:30 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27351 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , UsageStatsCountry system preference wrong type YesNo
13:30 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27349 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , Mana system preference wrong type YesNo
13:30 fridolin oleonard: thanks a lot for testing, if you want ^
13:31 oleonard 👍🏻
13:32 fridolin we have run a check in sysprefs type and value for our old Koha and we found those two bugs ;)
13:35 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:37 inlibro joined #koha
13:41 oleonard
13:45 liliputech_asu joined #koha
13:54 marie-luce joined #koha
14:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:28 ashimema caroline around yet?
14:30 caroline yes
14:30 ashimema I just submitted a merge request for the manual for you
14:30 ashimema https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]erge_requests/438
14:30 ashimema it's an 'interesting' one
14:30 caroline ah thank you!
14:31 caroline I wanted to do it, but never got around to it
14:31 ashimema might be worth raising in your meeting later.. lucyvh asked for some help as she was really struggling with that file
14:32 caroline it was in the action points from last meeting
14:32 ashimema the magic ingredient that took me a little while to find is the introduction of an additional `.. toctree::` element at the bottom of the new 'globalpreferences.rst' file
14:32 ashimema anywho... should make things a bit easier ;)
14:33 caroline that is what I was struggling to do also
14:33 caroline I was trying to make subfiles, but couldn't magane it
14:34 caroline do you have kids screaming at you right now?
14:35 ashimema yup ;)
14:35 caroline lol!
14:35 caroline nvm then XD
14:35 ashimema though it's the cat that's more distracting at this precise minute.. he's decided it's his turn for some attention
14:35 caroline aw!
14:35 ashimema nah, fire away
14:36 ashimema oh, found a minor bug.. will take a look at fixing that before you get to merging it
14:36 ashimema but yeah. fire away.. how can I help
14:36 caroline ok it says I can't merge automatically, so I was wondering if you had time to walk me through the commands
14:37 caroline sometimes I do it and it works, other time not, and since I have no idea what I'm doing, I don't know what makes it hapy or not
14:37 inlibro joined #koha
14:37 ashimema I see
14:38 ashimema well.. let me quickly test this extra fix locally first ;)
14:38 caroline It always happens if I get more than one merge request
14:38 ashimema ha.. I bet you just merged someone else?
14:38 caroline My resolution is to marge them as quickly as possible, but I can't control when ppl will send requests
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27252: DBRev 20.12.00.001 <https://git.koha-community.org[…]92a4d650aaf938808>
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27252: Add deprecation warning, cross_fields pref, and add version to ES info <https://git.koha-community.org[…]8149eed4ff1044599>
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26364: Adjust unit tests <https://git.koha-community.org[…]964a08855a73ccb24>
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26364: Don't discard the passed isbn <https://git.koha-community.org[…]8705fb0fa57a051ab>
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26364: Remove useless condition <https://git.koha-community.org[…]d19a5d41bc602e704>
14:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26364: Remove false matches on isbn <https://git.koha-community.org[…]80165f8d641713a80>
14:39 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26364: Don't skip records that match the isbn we passed <https://git.koha-community.org[…]68cd3e10f20d2bc27>
14:39 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26367: Prevent warn about undefined values when record level hold has an itemtype <https://git.koha-community.org[…]cbe014fb71952e6d0>
14:39 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26367: Unit test <https://git.koha-community.org[…]acaaccd495007c83f>
14:40 ashimema hehe
14:40 thd joined #koha
14:40 ashimema ok..
14:40 ashimema well.. in this case.. as I had it all already here..
14:40 ashimema I just 'pull --rebase' the branch and pushed it back up over my original merge request
14:40 ashimema so the button should now work as expected
14:41 caroline yup it's there now
14:41 ashimema I think gitlab is fairly cautious on showing that button
14:41 caroline I've also had several failed pipelines emails, but I think we have some decisions to make about that right?
14:42 ashimema basically, first merge will 'beat' all the others.. then all those others will need 're-basing'
14:42 ashimema pipeline emails wise, yeah..
14:42 caroline sometimes there is a rebase button
14:42 ashimema I think we need to beg Liz for some additional server space
14:42 caroline sometimes not
14:42 ashimema rebases often need a bit of manual help
14:43 ashimema it's the bread and butter for developers
14:43 caroline I don't get why it doesn't want to merge when the files changed aren't even the same
14:44 ashimema it's a setting
14:44 * ashimema sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/med[…]CBokW/message.txt >
14:45 ashimema it's because we require branches to be rebased to always create a 'fast forward' merge
14:45 ashimema keeps the tree looking clean
14:45 ashimema and highlights merge issues early
14:46 Joubu it's a feature!
14:46 Joubu :D
14:46 ashimema but.. means you always have to rebase... sometimes that is as simple as clicking the button (likely when files being changed don't clash).. other times it needs the manual intervention
14:46 ashimema hehe
14:46 caroline are fast-forward merges where it doesn't create a commit for the merge?
14:46 ashimema correct
14:46 Joubu the problem is that only the author can click this "rebase" button...
14:46 ashimema aha..
14:46 ashimema I wasn't aware that's how the rebase button worked
14:47 caroline me either
14:47 caroline that's probably why I sometimes see it and sometimes not
14:47 caroline I see it when it's my own request
14:48 ashimema if that's the case.. I reckon it's OK to comment on the merge request asking them to rebase it for you.. i.e. suggesting they click the button (or do the manual command line fixing)..
14:48 ashimema I'm happy to step in and help lucyvh here when the rebase button doesn't work for her for example
14:48 caroline Ok I'll try it next time
14:49 ashimema :)
14:53 caroline Is there a url for the development version of the manual? I tried changing 20.11 in the url by master, but it doesn't work
14:54 caroline or is that related to the space problem?
14:54 ashimema https://koha-community.org/manual/21.05/en/html/
14:54 ashimema 21.05
14:54 ashimema but yes.. that's the space issue we have
14:55 caroline ok I'll add a point to the meeting so we can talk about it
14:55 ashimema I was trying to get 20.11 and 21.05 both built from master at the moment.. as you've not branched yet
14:55 ashimema I've since disabled building 21.05.. but as there's a version there already.. it's filled the disks.
14:56 ashimema which is why all builds are currently failing
14:56 ashimema we can nuke the 21.05 version for now I reckon.. but it's only delaying the problem till we branch 21.05
14:56 ashimema branch for the manual that is..
14:56 ashimema of course.. koha code is already branched..
14:57 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:57 lukeG joined #koha
15:01 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021
15:01 huginn Meeting started Thu Jan  7 15:01:10 2021 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_7_january_2021'
15:01 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nuary_2021#Agenda
15:01 caroline #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021)
15:01 caroline please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
15:01 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Canada
15:02 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03 lucyvh joined #koha
15:03 hc_ joined #koha
15:05 caroline #topic  Review of action points
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021)
15:05 caroline change the Documentation to-do search on bz main page to include Documentation component OR manual keyword
15:05 wahanui caroline: that doesn't look right
15:05 wahanui joined #koha
15:06 caroline I checked and right now, the search is documentation component AND manual keyword, which is not what we need
15:06 caroline cait can you add an OR to this saved search?
15:06 caroline cait1 ^
15:07 caroline #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]=run&sharer_id=13
15:07 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:07 wahanui Congratulations!
15:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #19: FIXED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/19/
15:08 caroline #action  change the Documentation to-do search on bz main page to include Documentation component OR manual keyword
15:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:08 * Joubu lurking mode
15:08 lucyvh joined #koha
15:08 caroline I was supposed to document workflow for 21.05, but haven't done it yet, so I'll re-action it
15:09 caroline #action  caroline will document workflow for 21.05
15:09 caroline divide the syspref file as it is getting too big for updates through gitlab GUI
15:09 ashimema humm
15:09 caroline this was sone today by ashimema++
15:09 ashimema the search looks right to me..
15:09 ashimema 'Match ANY of the following separately'
15:09 caroline https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]2&namedcmd=Manual
15:10 lucyvh ashimema++
15:10 caroline these two are not in the documentation to-do search
15:10 ashimema humm
15:10 caroline maybe because of the status?
15:10 ashimema ok.. I defer to cait then.. she's better at bugzilla searches than i
15:10 ashimema could be
15:11 caroline add to the Rst tips and tricks page how to wirte notes
15:11 caroline this is done
15:11 ashimema :)
15:11 caroline From now on, please use the .. Note:: syntax instead of **Note**
15:12 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_and_Tricks#Notes
15:12 caroline #info From now on, please use the .. Note:: syntax instead of **Note**
15:13 caroline I also started experimenting with other ones, such as .. Warning:: that could replace **Important**
15:13 caroline It makes it red-orange-ish instead of blue like a note
15:14 caroline I don't have a ready example though
15:14 morrism joined #koha
15:14 ashimema nice
15:14 caroline I'll try to have one by next meeting and we can discuss if we want to adopt the .. Warning:: syntax
15:15 caroline #action caroline to prepare examples of .. Warning:: syntax for dicussion
15:15 lucyvh Sounds good
15:16 caroline #topic  Project updates
15:16 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021)
15:16 caroline anyone has project updates?
15:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #35: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/35/
15:17 caroline There is a space issue on the server right now
15:17 caroline the manuals aren't being built with the new contributions, if I understand icorrectly
15:18 caroline ashimema: what are the options?
15:19 ashimema * remove the 21.05 in-development manual
15:19 ashimema * remove an older manual ?
15:20 ashimema * request some more disk space and do a little drive to help fund Liz's server again...
15:20 ashimema eventually we'll need more space regardless unless we start dropping older manuals
15:20 lucyvh There are lots of old branches in the respository - would removing them make a difference?
15:20 caroline do you know what is the oldest manual right now?
15:21 ashimema https://koha-community.org/doc[…]pported-versions/
15:21 ashimema well.. we host copies all the way back to 3.0
15:21 ashimema which is an old PDF
15:22 ashimema the challenge is.. recent versions are much more extensive with the inclusion of translations..
15:22 caroline It's interesting for archival purposes
15:22 ashimema I don't think we share images between translations either..
15:22 caroline but I don't think we should keep this many
15:22 ashimema so it's literally a full on copy of the entire manual for each translation we have
15:23 ashimema but... weren't we contemplating having translated images too at some point..
15:23 caroline yes, eventually
15:24 caroline what would be possible consequences of dropping older versions?
15:24 thd Translated images are certainly better than untranslatable images :)
15:24 ashimema each manual is currently 119MB
15:24 ashimema which isn't huge
15:25 ashimema but when you consider we currently replicate it 12 times for each supported version
15:25 ashimema 119 * 12 = 1428
15:26 edveal joined #koha
15:26 ashimema * 3 (recently translated versions) = 4284
15:26 ashimema yeah.. they're growing pretty quick now
15:27 ashimema so it's not all that surprising we're running out of space more quickly these days
15:27 ashimema I imagine we're on a tiny low space server
15:27 caroline I think dorpping older versions could have the good consequence of haveing only recent information in Google searches
15:28 caroline When I search for Koha something somethinmg, the first results are often manuals from Koha 3.X
15:28 lucyvh We have to prioritise the recent ones
15:28 caroline it would break links in blog posts
15:28 ashimema ok.. Liz is in another meeting
15:28 thd Better to add a label to the older directing people to the current version.
15:29 ashimema but she tells me it's a linode server and is relatively easy to add disk space to..
15:29 ashimema but obviously any increment in disk space is also a price increase for her.
15:29 caroline but the problem will be back in a couple of months
15:29 caroline I think we should move toward a more sustainable solution
15:30 thd Linode has two different means of adding disk space.
15:30 ashimema we could zip up older manuals so they're still available as a download from an archive.. but not as a public site?
15:30 caroline if that saves space I'm ok with that
15:31 caroline along with redirecting like thd said?
15:31 ashimema either way.. to get us out of trouble quick Liz has agreed to take a look after her meeting
15:31 * ashimema poked her on Slack
15:31 ashimema I recons so..
15:32 caroline ok so what are the actions? It's only liz that can do all of it right?
15:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #19: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/19/
15:32 caroline or she just controls the the hardware
15:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #16: UNSTABLE in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/16/
15:33 ashimema and possible rangi.. but I think he said last night he's not really able to either
15:33 thd A disk volume which is not included in automatic backup can be attached on Lindode or the VPS host can be moved to a system with more disk space for a higher price.
15:33 ashimema she controls the hardware
15:33 caroline everyone OK with archiving older manuals as zip files (hosted where?), and redirecting links to newer versions of the manual
15:34 lucyvh +1
15:34 caroline I would archive all manuals for unsupported versions
15:34 thd Would redirection use a rewrite script?
15:35 caroline I don't know how it could work... I was imagining like the thing we have for "latest"
15:36 ashimema 'latest' is a sylink
15:36 lucyvh I'm not sure about all unsupported but certainly the very early manuals
15:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #21: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/21/
15:36 caroline So do we keep two unsupported versions + sall supported versions?
15:37 ashimema git space on gitlab and the likes is free I believe.. we could stick the archived one's in there and link to them that way
15:37 caroline do you have clients who still used Koha 18.05 or 18.11?
15:37 ashimema haha
15:37 ashimema I bet lots of people are still on 18.05 ;)
15:37 ashimema wouldn't be surprised to find 17.x's out there
15:37 caroline we still have one client on 3.14... so I'm not throwing rocks or anything
15:38 inlibro joined #koha
15:38 lucyvh We have one or two still on later 3.x I think?
15:38 liliputech_asu i
15:39 lucyvh How would this affect the contextual links from the staff interface?
15:39 liliputech_asu i think one of our customer even is 16.11
15:39 lucyvh For those still on really old versions?
15:39 caroline I mean... if they've been using Koha this long, they know how to use it right?
15:40 caroline lol
15:40 ashimema we do?
15:40 ashimema scary
15:40 ashimema lol
15:40 lucyvh haha, they should
15:40 liliputech_asu caroline: lol, within an organisation, people move (and the sigb may not)
15:40 liliputech_asu (sigb => ils)
15:41 thd There may always be new staff members and new use of some features.
15:41 caroline you're right liliputech_asu
15:41 caroline do we know what it does to the links in the staff interface like lucyvh said?
15:42 liliputech_asu if old link are redirecting to new pages, isn'it like some kind of advertisement? o:)
15:42 ashimema dang.. my math was wrong.. it's not 120mb per translation.. it's bigger than that becuase we also build PDF's, and ebooks and stuff
15:42 ashimema sounds like we're going back to needing to keep the older ones to me..
15:43 ashimema and think about somehow slimming them down or increasing disks semi-regularly
15:43 caroline Because for those who use really old versions, they could download the zip archive and link to them locally
15:43 caroline it's just the links in the staff interface that bug me
15:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #28: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/28/
15:44 cait1 Sorry for almost totally missing the meeting :(
15:44 lucyvh I don't think we need to keep them all - just longer than only the supported ones - 5 years back perhaps?
15:44 caroline but I think help was in Koha until more recent versions right?
15:44 cait1 but the help pages link to the manual
15:44 caroline there were no links to the manual until... 17? 18?
15:44 cait1 so we'd break these
15:45 caroline ah ok
15:45 cait1 but yes, 16.11 would definitely have the help pages still
15:45 thd We need a better system for staff interface links so that they can direct to a local version with a system preference change.
15:45 caroline so would redirectins work in that case?
15:45 reiveune bye
15:45 reiveune left #koha
15:45 cait1 thd that is already possible
15:45 cait1 you configure the link to the manual in a pref
15:45 * ashimema builds the manuals locally so check the sizes again
15:46 caroline I put another point in the agenda that is maybe linked to this
15:46 caroline manual.koha-community.org vs translate.koha-community.org/manual
15:46 cait1 thd: for example we point ours to the nightly translation preview manuals... as the other s don't get updated
15:46 cait1 exactly the point caroline is making there :)
15:46 ashimema haha.. that bug bear
15:46 ashimema that one's bugged me for ages
15:47 caroline I've had complaints that translations are not being built, but they are on translate...
15:47 cait1 can't we just... do a domain redirect and use Bernardo's? ;)
15:47 kidclamp What is the point of the 'DEFAULT' authority type?
15:47 kidclamp oops, in meeting, sorry
15:47 caroline so coud we keep only the english manual on manual.koha... and the translated ones on translate?
15:47 cait1 kidclamp: let me know when you figure it out :)
15:47 cait1 kidclamp: i believe there is a bug somewhere in bugzilla about when it was added
15:48 ashimema the whole translate thing keeps really confusing me
15:48 cait1 I believe the templates are a bit different between those 2 - do we want to make sure they actually look the same?
15:48 ashimema people going off in their own directions
15:48 cait1 ashimema: i don't think they do
15:48 thd People merely need to be reminded to configure the system preference with a download to the manual for their version.
15:48 cait1 Bernardo's was intended to help translating as it constantly updates so you can check what you did
15:48 ashimema right
15:49 ashimema I had a way to automatically submit merge requests for the translated manuals for you caroline
15:49 caroline oh right I forgot!
15:49 ashimema I was waiting on bernardo to let me update the version of git on he translations server..
15:49 caroline lol
15:49 ashimema I need to go ahead and do that
15:49 ashimema but...
15:49 ashimema I'm not sure that's what we actually want to do anymore?
15:49 cait1 i think we do
15:50 cait1 what we want is update the main repository with the po files generated on the translation server
15:50 cait1 i think we just got stuck on the how often
15:50 caroline I don't know, I think it could solve our space problem to have them divided, but I don't want to impose on bernardo
15:50 ashimema do we.. or do we want to skip the merge step and push the translated builds straight to the koha-community.org/manual site instead
15:50 ashimema save caroline merging translations into our git every time?
15:50 cait1 hm we could also do that
15:50 cait1 and not keep the po in the main repo at all?
15:50 caroline Yes I would prefer that
15:51 ashimema I think I could work that out.. I'm sure if I asked liz would give me an rsync key for it.
15:51 ashimema indeed
15:51 cait1 but it might be nice to have another copy outside of translate
15:51 cait1 a mirror of the repo at least
15:51 ashimema yeah.. perhaps we update the po's in git once a month along with release?
15:51 ashimema koha release that is..
15:51 ashimema I'm getting pulled away.. the kids, and dog, want a walk
15:51 cait1 on first glance that sounds good to me
15:52 cait1 caroline: quick,@action ashimema ;)
15:52 caroline I think we need to discuss this in detail, maybe outside of a meeting?
15:52 ashimema can you action me for it.. but also add it to our roadmap doc cait1?
15:52 ashimema I'm using that roadmap as a bit of a to do list this cycle
15:52 cait1 now I got actioned...
15:52 ashimema indeed
15:52 caroline action to action
15:53 ashimema right.. sorry chaps and chapesses.. and they/them/others
15:53 ashimema I need to scoot
15:53 ashimema see ya later
15:53 cait1 @ashimema to move forward on updating the translated manuals on the website (details to be discussed)
15:53 huginn cait1: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
15:53 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
15:53 cait1 @action ashimema to move forward on updating the translated manuals on the website (details to be discussed)
15:53 caroline its #action
15:53 cait1 i probbably can't even do that... without chair?
15:53 caroline #chair cait1
15:53 huginn Current chairs: cait1 caroline
15:53 cait1 #action ashimema to move forward on updating the translated manuals on the website (details to be discussed)
15:53 cait1 i can do the roadmap later
15:54 cait1 #action cait to add the translated manuals to the roadmap for 21.05
15:54 caroline ok I'll the other things since we're short on time
15:54 caroline if you wanted to discuss something, add it to the wiki page
15:54 caroline and we'll ppiroritize that next meeting
15:55 caroline #topic Set time of next meeting
15:55 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 7 January 2021)
15:55 caroline 4 weeks from now would be Feb 18
15:56 caroline I would make the meeting a bit later so david can attend, is that ok with you? I know you're all in europe
15:56 caroline (except thd)
15:56 marie-luce if there small things that a newbie could help you out?
15:57 caroline 19 UTC good?
15:58 cait1 probably :)
15:58 caroline #info Next meeting: 18 February, 2021, 19 UTC
15:58 lucyvh That suits me
15:58 caroline #endmeeting
15:58 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software https://koha-community.org
15:58 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jan  7 15:58:09 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:58 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-07-15.01.html
15:58 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-07-15.01.txt
15:58 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]07-15.01.log.html
15:58 caroline thanks all!
15:59 caroline @later tell ashimema can you run the meeting script?
15:59 huginn caroline: The operation succeeded.
15:59 caroline cait1: can you check the Documentation to-do list on bugzilla?
16:00 caroline There are these two bugs that are not showing up https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]2&namedcmd=Manual
16:00 caroline I think it's because of status
16:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #165: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/165/
16:03 cait1 hm let me see
16:04 cait1 sorry, which are the bugs?
16:04 caroline bug 27242
16:05 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27242 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED INVALID, SPAM
16:05 cait1 the link doesn't work for me
16:05 cait1 bugzilla is silly like that
16:05 caroline and bug 12404
16:05 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12404 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, CLOSED FIXED, CSV profiles improvements (concatenations, substrings, conditions...)
16:05 cait1 I thin the first should not show up, it's invalid
16:05 cait1 so resolved
16:05 cait1 and the second is closed
16:05 cait1 they are not to-do-items
16:05 cait1 ah hm
16:05 caroline well with th new workflow, the closed bugs with manual are going to be to-go
16:06 cait1 if we mark bugs with the tag and not have separate manual bugs... hm
16:06 cait1 ok
16:06 cait1 i think now it gets complicated
16:06 cait1 we'd want to not show the bugs with the manual component and closed
16:06 caroline I removed the tag from the SPAM one
16:06 cait1 but we'd want to show the ones tagged manual and closed
16:06 cait1 right?
16:06 caroline yes exactly
16:06 cait1 i am not sure if we can make that work in the same search
16:07 caroline is that even possible with bz?
16:07 cait1 i am having a look
16:07 caroline Ok then can you do Docuemtnation to-do 1 and documentation to-do 2? :P
16:07 cait1 i thik i can maybe do it with a custom status
16:08 cait1 custom search
16:08 cait1 let me see
16:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #148: FAILURE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U16/148/
16:17 lukeG joined #koha
16:17 cait1 caroline: could you give it a test please?
16:18 lukeG hi Koha!
16:18 wahanui hi Koha! is, like, there a table in which i can see if a borrower has borrowed any books (or if library lended out any books)
16:18 caroline wahanui forget hi Koha!
16:18 wahanui caroline, I didn't have anything matching hi koha
16:18 cait1 hi lukeG :)
16:19 caroline cait1: seems ok!
16:20 cait1 ok, i will leave it like that and if you spot something let me know?
16:20 caroline cait1: should this one be in the list? bug 25442
16:20 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25442 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Release dates are missing from the timeline
16:20 cait1 hm my first thoguht woudl be no
16:21 cait1 It's documentation component and resolved
16:21 cait1 so there should benothing to do
16:21 cait1 manual keyword and resolved one should show now tho
16:21 caroline maybe exclude duplicates?
16:22 cait1 hm don't think we should
16:22 cait1 i mean show them
16:22 cait1 becuase if it#s a duplicate the "real" bug will show
16:22 cait1 or should
16:23 cait1 yu will never get these out of the todo list otherwise
16:23 cait1 this bug can't be "done"
16:24 caroline so we should exclude duplicates is what I understand
16:24 cait1 but it doesn't show, does it?
16:24 caroline If I click on Documentation to-do, it's there
16:24 cait1 ok it does
16:24 cait1 sec
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #444: UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/444/
16:25 cait1 sorry, we meant the same thing actually
16:25 cait1 it should be gone now
16:27 caroline +1
16:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1528: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1528/
16:38 inlibro joined #koha
16:44 ashimema right..
16:44 ashimema if/when you go to build translations caroline.. from that tools page.. it'll now create a proper gitlab merge request for you
16:44 ashimema so.. you can use that for the monthly translation updates
16:45 ashimema as for updating regularly.. I'm just contemplating how to achieve it.
16:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #178: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/178/
16:49 caroline ashimema: cool! thank you so much! Now I just have to remember to do it
16:51 cait1 bye #koha!
17:02 fridolin left #koha
17:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #36: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/36/
17:16 ashimema wow
17:16 ashimema I just built the manuals again
17:16 ashimema the epub is bloody huge!
17:18 caroline do we have statistics on acces/link clicks?
17:18 ashimema right... so for the current master version.. the manual.. with all translations, the website and the epub
17:18 ashimema it comes out at 1.9G
17:19 caroline eesh
17:19 ashimema er.. you'd have to ask liz.. I don't know that
17:19 caroline ok just wondering if it's used at all (the epub)
17:19 ashimema so that's 8GB for the supported plus 'next' manual at a rough estimate.
17:20 ashimema then roughly the same for all the older manuals combined
17:20 ashimema indeed
17:20 ashimema I'm not even sure I know how to get it.
17:21 caroline surely someone asked for it if we build it, but do they still use it?
17:23 marie-luce wow, it's huge
17:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #488: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/488/
17:24 caroline wizzycray around?
17:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #20: UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U20/20/
17:32 ashimema don't think the epud is that huge actually..
17:32 ashimema it's more the translations as I said..
17:32 cait joined #koha
17:32 ashimema 1.9gb is for the translated html and epubs all combined
17:33 ashimema the epubs are smaller than the html I believe
17:33 ashimema the biggest saving we could make would be to put the images at a top level and share them between all the translations...
17:33 ashimema but if we actually are going to have translated images there's no point even trying to separate them out
17:33 ashimema as we've just need to undo that again to translate them
17:34 ashimema dinner time for me
17:34 ashimema laters people.. have a nice evening
17:38 inlibro joined #koha
17:47 lds joined #koha
17:52 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:52 wahanui Congratulations!
17:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #17: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U18/17/
17:53 oleonard How has Bug 25067 changed the process for updating and installing translations?
17:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25067 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to master , Move PO file manipulation code into gulp tasks
17:54 oleonard Do I need to run all the commands listed in the test plan?
17:56 cait installing should still be the same i think
17:56 cait updatin gis different
17:57 cait the gulp install etc you will need
17:57 cait Locale::XGettext::TT2 needs to be installed
17:58 cait the test plan on comment 68 reads well
17:59 cait steps 1 2  basically
17:59 cait i think you can run po:update with lang too, but not sure
17:59 cait it's much faster than before
17:59 oleonard Great, thanks cait
18:02 cait hope it works well for you
18:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #33: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D11/33/
18:21 oleonard I was hoping it would magically resolve my problem with Bug 26244, but no such luck.
18:21 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=26244 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Move translatable strings out of memberentrygen.tt and into JavaScript
18:23 caroline Did we block some auth value categories to certain uses?
18:23 caroline I'm trying to add a field to a subscription and I can't choose the DEPARTMENT category
18:24 caroline It seems it was possible before https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]ngfieldvalues.png
18:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #29: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/29/
18:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #20: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/20/
18:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #22: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/22/
18:32 caroline I think it's on purpose? I can't See Asort/Bsort either in the list
18:34 caroline My authorized value categories : https://snipboard.io/7qklCQ.jpg
18:34 caroline Authorized value categories available for additional fields https://snipboard.io/qK8Uo6.jpg
18:38 inlibro joined #koha
18:40 caroline ah! It's because I didn't have any values in my DEPARTMENT category
18:41 caroline Sneaky!
18:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #166: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/166/
19:03 cait joined #koha
19:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1529: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1529/
19:34 edveal joined #koha
19:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #182: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/182/
19:38 inlibro joined #koha
19:44 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:44 wahanui Congratulations!
19:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #176: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/176/
19:53 cait joined #koha
19:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #39: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/39/
19:55 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:55 wahanui Congratulations!
19:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #210: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/210/
20:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #74: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/74/
20:26 edveal joined #koha
20:26 oleonard tcohen still around?
20:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #40: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/40/
20:38 inlibro joined #koha
20:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #178: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/178/
20:40 koha-jenkins kidclamp: Bug 27252: Default to cross fields off
20:40 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=27252 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to oldstable , ES5 no longer supported (since 20.11.00)
20:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #177: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/177/
21:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #211: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/211/
21:11 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:11 wahanui Congratulations!
21:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #183: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/183/
21:25 khall joined #koha
21:39 inlibro joined #koha
21:39 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:39 wahanui Congratulations!
21:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #179: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/179/
21:48 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #75: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/75/
21:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #41: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/41/
21:52 cait caroline: I have added our manual problem to the roadmap Automated updates for translated manuals
21:52 cait https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.05_roadmap
21:52 cait ashimema: Manual issue added to roadmap https://annuel.framapad.org/p/koha_21.05_roadmap
21:55 caroline thanks cait!
21:55 caroline Now we have to work on it!
21:55 cait very true :)
21:59 ashimema Ta
22:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #178: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/178/
22:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #212: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/212/
22:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #184: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/184/
22:39 inlibro joined #koha
22:41 khall joined #koha
22:54 tuxayo gmcharlt around?
22:55 alexbuckley joined #koha
23:00 lukeG1 joined #koha
23:04 edveal left #koha
23:28 khall joined #koha
23:39 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary