IRC log for #koha, 2020-07-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 oleonard_ joined #koha
00:11 dcook @later tell oleonard reading your comments in the scrollback made my morning
00:11 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:19 cait joined #koha
00:20 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
00:23 inlibro joined #koha
00:26 dcook joined #koha
00:27 oleonard joined #koha
00:30 oleonard_ joined #koha
00:30 * oleonard_ thinks he is done breaking his wifi
00:32 tosca joined #koha
01:23 inlibro joined #koha
01:38 cait joined #koha
02:01 cait joined #koha
02:14 cait1 joined #koha
02:18 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
02:18 wahanui Congratulations!
02:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #19: FIXED in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/19/
02:23 inlibro joined #koha
03:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #2: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_U20/2/
03:23 inlibro joined #koha
03:33 cait joined #koha
03:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #22: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D10/22/
04:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #287: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/287/
04:21 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
04:23 inlibro joined #koha
04:28 hayley joined #koha
04:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #23: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D10/23/
04:42 tosca joined #koha
05:03 cait joined #koha
05:24 inlibro joined #koha
05:32 cait joined #koha
06:02 fridolin joined #koha
06:03 kivilahtio joined #koha
06:04 lari joined #koha
06:19 did joined #koha
06:24 inlibro joined #koha
06:39 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
06:42 TimothyAlexis oleonard, I have noticed that my attempts at contributing so far have been offhanded and I will take care to be attentive from here on.
06:44 reiveune joined #koha
06:44 TimothyAlexis I aplogize.
06:45 reiveune hello
06:50 alex_a joined #koha
06:51 alex_a Bonjout
06:58 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:05 cait joined #koha
07:07 cait1 joined #koha
07:12 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
07:15 dcook_ joined #koha
07:24 inlibro joined #koha
08:24 inlibro joined #koha
08:25 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:26 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:26 lari joined #koha
08:27 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:27 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:28 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:30 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:34 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
08:55 davidnind joined #koha
08:56 janncis joined #koha
08:59 janncis hey guys does anyone else have missing perl module Locale:Language ?
08:59 janncis version 2.07
09:13 janncis_ joined #koha
09:24 inlibro joined #koha
09:28 janncis joined #koha
10:16 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:16 wahanui Congratulations!
10:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #249: FIXED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/249/
10:21 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:22 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:22 wahanui Congratulations!
10:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #252: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/252/
10:22 khall joined #koha
10:24 inlibro joined #koha
10:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #246: NOW UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/246/
10:30 khall_ joined #koha
10:32 sophie_m joined #koha
10:46 khall joined #koha
11:00 Null404 joined #koha
11:00 Null404 hello there
11:00 wahanui Greetings, programs!
11:01 Null404 I'm looking for SQL report that show how many patrons borrowed books form 1.01 to today
11:08 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
11:09 khall_ joined #koha
11:11 davidnind Null404: Maybe adapt this one https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ons_in_Date_Range
11:13 fridolin joined #koha
11:21 davidnind left #koha
11:23 andreashm joined #koha
11:25 inlibro joined #koha
11:25 andreashm joined #koha
11:36 khall joined #koha
11:50 oleonard joined #koha
11:50 oleonard Hi all
12:04 ashimema mornin'
12:12 alex_a joined #koha
12:12 oleonard_ joined #koha
12:13 * oleonard_ grumbles
12:20 khall joined #koha
12:21 tcohen late morning
12:23 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:25 inlibro joined #koha
12:26 khall joined #koha
12:35 lukeG joined #koha
12:59 oleonard tcohen I'm working on an alternate patch for Bug 25909
12:59 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25909 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Failed QA , Recent change to datatables JS in the OPAC causes errors
13:06 andreashm joined #koha
13:09 khall joined #koha
13:10 tcohen oleonard thank you
13:25 inlibro joined #koha
13:27 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
13:32 khall joined #koha
13:43 lukeG1 joined #koha
13:49 oleonard Bug 25909
13:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25909 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Recent change to datatables JS in the OPAC causes errors
13:50 khall_ joined #koha
13:53 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:58 khall joined #koha
14:22 talljoy joined #koha
14:25 inlibro joined #koha
14:44 margaret joined #koha
14:49 Joubu tcohen or ashimema: please review and merge https://gitlab.com/koha-commun[…]erge_requests/141
14:49 Joubu (now, please?)
14:57 cait joined #koha
15:13 fridolin left #koha
15:17 chris_n joined #koha
15:25 inlibro joined #koha
15:38 aleisha joined #koha
15:44 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:45 reiveune bye
15:45 reiveune left #koha
15:49 khall joined #koha
16:25 inlibro joined #koha
16:36 kidclamp Joubu++
16:42 * oleonard waves to kidclamp
16:44 AndrewFH joined #koha
16:45 oleonard Anyone else see an error in the OPAC cart? DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Unknown column 'opac_option' in 'where clause' at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/Objects.pm line 144
16:45 oleonard at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/Exception.pm line 77
16:47 * oleonard hides because git blames him
16:49 oleonard Wait... Bug 25402 depended on Bug 5087
16:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=25402 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Put OPAC cart download options into dropdown menu
16:49 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5087 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Failed QA , Option to not show CSV profiles in OPAC
16:53 * cait is probably to be blamed
16:54 ashimema Reviewed, looks good to me
16:55 ashimema Cool, you noticed and merged. 😀
17:26 inlibro joined #koha
18:04 khall_ joined #koha
18:15 cait left #koha
18:26 inlibro joined #koha
18:28 davidnind joined #koha
18:31 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:37 wynn1212 joined #koha
18:50 lucyvh joined #koha
18:53 caroline joined #koha
18:54 caroline hello everyone!
18:54 davidnind hi caroline!
18:54 caroline my training this afternoon was postponed!
18:56 davidnind excellent!
18:56 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
18:58 thd joined #koha
18:58 caroline It also means I have some time to do documentation!
18:58 thd Is a meeting about to start?
18:59 caroline thd yes
19:00 thd I have to go to work shortly.
19:00 thd People are also working in my building making a mess spreading paint everywhere doing more harm than good.
19:00 wahanui okay, thd.
19:02 caroline davidnind: did you still want to chair?
19:03 thd I am also trying to partially move out to have my old plaster ceiling, floors etc. fixed before it all comes crashing down on me.
19:03 wahanui okay, thd.
19:03 davidnind I'm happy to relinquish that role today :)
19:03 caroline davidnind++
19:04 davidnind #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020
19:04 huginn Meeting started Thu Jul  2 19:04:15 2020 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_2_july_2020'
19:04 davidnind chair caroline
19:04 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_2_July_2020
19:04 davidnind #topic Introductions
19:04 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:05 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:05 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Canada
19:05 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [mostly absent as I prepare to go to work]
19:06 davidnind #topic Updates
19:06 Topic for #koha is now Updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:07 davidnind Looks like only a few of us today :)
19:07 davidnind I managed to get through my action points from the last meeting!
19:07 davidnind Any project updates?
19:08 caroline not from me
19:08 davidnind For me, I've been working slowly on a couple of them
19:09 davidnind Installation guide - have an outline from existing install guides, so starting to copy and paste content in now
19:09 cait joined #koha
19:11 davidnind For git guide, have been looking at other projects do - a post to the development list didn't have any ideas on how we could improve the git process (https://lists.koha-community.o[…]June/045802.html)
19:11 davidnind aprt from that, nothing more to add
19:12 lucyvh joined #koha
19:13 davidnind For whats been done, lost of activity over the last month - Caroline, Kelly, Alexander
19:14 davidnind and lots more tasks added to Taiga :-D
19:14 caroline I've had some time to work on docs so I'm trying to catch up
19:14 davidnind caroline++
19:14 davidnind great
19:14 caroline I'm still trying to get used to not forgetting to cherry-pick to 20.05
19:15 davidnind easy to forget
19:16 caroline and still learning to manage git
19:16 davidnind I've been playing around with the structure, but nothing to share yet
19:17 davidnind I seem to master it, don't do anything for while, then I can't remember basic commands!
19:17 davidnind working on testing patches helps a little
19:18 davidnind I updated the theme for 20.11 as well, do you think we should do this for the older versions?
19:18 davidnind hi lucyvh!
19:19 caroline If it's possible to do them all easily, yes
19:19 caroline but if not, we'll just wait for 20.11
19:20 davidnind it is easy to do
19:20 davidnind #action davidnind to update manual theme for 20.05, 19.11 and 19.05
19:20 tuxayo davidnind++
19:21 caroline It looks really good https://koha-community.org/manual/20.11/en/html/
19:22 davidnind wasn't sure about changing the colour to green in the top left corner, but looks okay I think
19:22 caroline yes, it looks great!
19:22 caroline Maybe the 20.11 is not very visible though
19:22 lucyvh Hi there all
19:22 davidnind I'll see if I can fix that
19:22 tuxayo Looks more Koha-ish :)
19:23 davidnind hi lucyvh!
19:23 lucyvh I am here just sorting dinner at the same time!
19:23 caroline hi lucyvh!
19:23 davidnind only us today...
19:23 tuxayo hi o/
19:23 davidnind multitasking again!
19:24 lucyvh I haven't been able to do much recently I'm afraid
19:24 davidnind I can only do one thing at a time, if I'm lucky
19:24 davidnind no worries
19:24 davidnind #topic Content development guidelines
19:24 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:24 AndrewFH joined #koha
19:24 lucyvh The new theme looks great btw
19:25 davidnind thanks
19:25 davidnind contractions such as don't vs do not - do they create issues for translation?
19:26 tuxayo I would guess not.
19:26 inlibro joined #koha
19:26 caroline not in my case
19:27 caroline cait?
19:27 wahanui cait is really good at running into things
19:27 davidnind I was under the impression they do (from reading other project's style guides), but we use them a lot with the system preferences
19:27 cait I am awake!
19:27 cait oh meeting?
19:27 wahanui meeting is over :)
19:27 tuxayo wahanui: liar!
19:27 wahanui tuxayo: i'm not following you...
19:27 caroline afaik, they don't break the translating system, but I don't know if specific languages have problems with it
19:28 caroline in French it's not a problem
19:28 cait i am probably too slow readin back - was there a question?
19:28 tuxayo «contractions such as don't vs do not - do they create issues for translation?»
19:28 cait no
19:29 davidnind thanks cait!
19:29 cait there is only one problem i can think of, but we prevent it with a coding guideline
19:29 cait we have a coding guideline that double quotes sohuld be used around strings, so we can have the single quotes for french and the short forms inside
19:30 cait string "don't" works, but 'don't' wouldn't - but as I said, coding guidelines should help with that
19:30 caroline In french I know the « » cause problems, but " and ' are ok
19:31 tuxayo https://koha-fr.org/traduction-conseils-generaux/
19:31 cait yep, in general quotes should be fine
19:31 tuxayo " seems to be a problem
19:31 cait it's probably the javascript case
19:31 cait in html it doesn't matter
19:32 cait if you have double quote outside, double quotes inside can cause issues
19:32 tuxayo Yeah, avoiding " is for JS
19:32 cait yep
19:32 cait but i think that's nothing we need to worry about for the manual whatsoever
19:32 davidnind excellent, so we can leave as is for the manual as is
19:32 caroline I'd still like to eventually have a guideline
19:33 caroline Do we write "button" or 'button' for example
19:33 cait to use double or single for quoting?
19:33 cait ah
19:33 cait i like italic
19:33 cait :)
19:33 caroline lol! just making it more complicated
19:33 cait seriously, i thin a lot of quotes often make things harder to read, i prefer italic for things 'written in the gui' in my docs
19:33 caroline so that means using *?
19:34 cait probably a little late for the manual :)  I think so
19:34 caroline So far, I've mostly used single quotes, but I'm very used to using double in real life so I might mix them up
19:34 cait i tihnk i copied that style from some technical documentation books
19:34 cait similar here
19:34 davidnind I have a list of things to propose, for interface elements was going to suggest bold, such as Click OK <== OK would be bolded
19:34 cait Germany uses double
19:36 caroline ok we can do bold... maybe not retroactively, but like capitalization, correct them when you see them
19:36 caroline bold is **?
19:36 davidnind I think so
19:36 cait i thin if it stands out too much, we could still apply some css :)
19:36 cait as long as we format somewhat consistently
19:37 cait it should be fine
19:38 davidnind I'll come back by next meeting with some suggestions, was going to base on google developer guide for (Apache 2 licenced) so we can use (https://developers.google.com/style/)
19:39 davidnind #info Contractions such as don't do not cause problems for translation
19:39 lucyvh Good idea to base it on an existing standard
19:39 * cait agrees
19:39 caroline cool
19:39 caroline davidnind++
19:40 davidnind since  google things are web-based, and Koha  is, I thought it would make a bit more sense
19:40 tuxayo +1
19:41 davidnind the microsoft style guide covers a lot more, such as desktop applications, so not quite as relevant
19:41 davidnind #action davidnind to come back with documentation style guide suggestions for next next meeting for discussion (to send around for discussion before)
19:42 davidnind I seem to be giving myself more things to do!
19:43 davidnind git branch names - do we change master to main? (sounds like it is easy to do https://www.hanselman.com/blog[…]asterToMain.aspx)
19:43 caroline what is the purpose?
19:44 cait inclusive language
19:44 caroline ah!
19:44 caroline makes sense
19:44 cait master slave as used in tech context is not good
19:44 davidnind beat me to it!
19:44 cait sorry!
19:44 cait i guess you also can explain it better
19:44 davidnind no, that seems fine
19:44 caroline then sure, we can change it
19:45 lucyvh Agreed, should be changed
19:46 caroline I don't feel comfortable doing it though, afraid I'll mees up everything
19:46 cait same
19:46 cait i think people will also have to do something with their local repos
19:46 cait or maybe not - i really don't know, but i have seen other projects have been doing it
19:46 caroline yeah, I was just thinking that
19:46 davidnind I'll experiment with anther repository to make sure it works, then do and let everyone know
19:46 caroline in .git/config or something
19:47 cait davidnind++
19:47 davidnind I can check with rangi just to make sure - will add as an issues in GitLab
19:47 davidnind just to make sure we get it right
19:48 davidnind #info agreed to change terminology to be more inclusive (master ==> main)
19:49 davidnind #action davidnind to open issue to change repository branch naming and advise documentation list in advance and once done
19:49 tuxayo > master slave as used in tech context is not good
19:49 tuxayo That really depends of the culture, the relationship with language changes. (though some are more problematic that others)
19:49 tuxayo main is great as it's still gives a good meaning to the branch so that's a good change as it should fit everyone.
19:50 davidnind thanks tuxayo!
19:50 davidnind any other content development guideline things?
19:50 * tuxayo did nothing
19:51 * thd should have left for work 10 min. ago.
19:52 davidnind #topic Next steps
19:52 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:52 davidnind over to you caroline...
19:53 caroline I checked the release notes for 20.11 last week I think and there wasn't much there yet, so continue on 20.05
19:53 caroline I'm working through taiga, trying to get as much in as possible while I have time
19:53 davidnind caroline++
19:54 * cait wishes there was ways to 'make' more time in a day
19:54 caroline https://tree.taiga.io/project/[…]cs-1805/epic/1117
19:54 cait my new coworker is currently proof reading the German translation and has found some cases where the sysprefs have been renamed
19:54 cait where do i report? taiga or bugzilla?
19:55 tuxayo ~ ❯❯❯ make time                                                            ✘ 1
19:55 tuxayo make: *** No rule to make target 'time'.  Stop.
19:55 tuxayo :(
19:55 cait can i just patch or should i always file?
19:56 caroline if you have time, just patch, if you can't patch right away and don't want to forget, file in bz
19:56 tuxayo cait: you mean the English manual has the old syspref name?
19:58 davidnind #topic Set time of next meeting
19:58 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 2 July 2020)
19:58 cait yes
19:58 cait ok thx caroline
20:00 davidnind as long as this time still suits everyone, 6 August 2020, 19:00 UTC?
20:00 caroline I'll probably be on vacation, but I don't mind missing one meeting
20:00 davidnind we can do a week later
20:01 caroline 13 would be good for me
20:01 davidnind we'll do that then
20:01 davidnind #info Next meeting: 13 August 2020, 19:00 UTC?
20:01 davidnind #endmeeting
20:01 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
20:01 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jul  2 20:01:52 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
20:01 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-02-19.04.html
20:01 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-07-02-19.04.txt
20:01 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]02-19.04.log.html
20:02 caroline davidnind++++
20:02 davidnind thanks everyone!
20:02 lucyvh Thanks everyone
20:02 tuxayo davidnind++
20:02 tuxayo thanks folks!
20:03 davidnind a miracle, we kept it under an hour (just!)
20:03 davidnind contemplates to do list, goes back to procrastinating :)
20:16 andreashm joined #koha
20:21 Marie-Luce joined #koha
20:26 inlibro joined #koha
20:28 ashimema Too many meetings.  Sorry I missed this one
20:29 davidnind no problem - the joy of meetings!
20:33 Marie-Luce my apologies for the doc meeting. I'm really sorry
20:34 davidnind no problem Marie-Luce (you get to read the minutes!)
20:36 caroline ashimema: can you generate the minutes?
20:38 aleisha hi
20:38 wahanui what's up, aleisha
20:44 oleonard Hi aleisha
20:44 aleisha hi oleonard
20:44 wahanui hi oleopard
20:50 kathryn joined #koha
20:59 hayley joined #koha
21:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:03 khall joined #koha
21:26 inlibro joined #koha
21:35 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
21:42 tosca_ joined #koha
22:06 dpk joined #koha
22:13 dpk_ joined #koha
22:18 dpk__ joined #koha
22:27 inlibro joined #koha
22:55 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
23:07 khall joined #koha
23:10 oleonard I am amused at the thought of long gone bug-filers getting updates to bugs years later.
23:16 tuxayo Part of the contact emails might not be valid anymore ^^
23:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #253: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/253/
23:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #250: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/250/
23:27 inlibro joined #koha
23:35 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:35 wahanui Congratulations!
23:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #247: FIXED in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/247/
23:35 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
23:45 khall joined #koha
23:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #254: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/254/
23:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #251: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/251/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary