IRC log for #koha, 2018-10-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Spoiler joined #koha
00:01 CrispyBran Spoiler alert
00:02 Francesca joined #koha
00:02 kidclamp you can just "git reset --hard 83e515820abb6e2fa8ddf30f61b3f4972a48ed10"
00:02 kidclamp that si the commit before - but you won't get th eothers
00:03 kidclamp git-revert 18d85cc8d72b55880e88c5364a3819965c8a2831.​.5acdbb1d2dcb0bd2719f88aa6905c2cf91fab1db
00:03 kidclamp i think that is the other way, but i don't revert often
00:03 CrispyBran At least I found the correct commit id
00:03 CrispyBran :)
00:04 dcook I always do something like "git checkout 83e515820abb6e2fa8ddf30f61b3f4972a48ed10""
00:04 dcook "git checkout 83e515820abb6e2fa8ddf30f61b3f4972a48ed10"*
00:04 dcook creates a detached head which is easy to get rid of after you're done
00:06 CrispyBran doesn't like the git reset phrase.  fatal: ambiguous argument '83e515820abb6e2f8ddf30f61b3f4972a48ed10': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
00:06 CrispyBran Gotta run for now.  Catch you another time.
00:06 kidclamp ah yeah, what dcook said
00:06 CrispyBran Night #koha
01:03 dcook @later tell tcohen You inspired my comment on https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15032
01:03 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
01:03 huginn Bug 15032: major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , [Plack] Scripts that fork (like don't work as expected
01:13 kathryn joined #koha
01:13 alexbuckley hi kathryn :)
01:22 kathryn hi alexbuckley :)
01:37 kidclamp byee
02:10 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:24 edveal joined #koha
02:53 Bovinity joined #koha
02:53 Bovinity Evenin'
03:42 Francesca joined #koha
04:19 cait joined #koha
05:24 cait left #koha
05:53 m23 joined #koha
06:01 sophie_m joined #koha
06:03 EmeraldGoddess joined #koha
06:09 laurence joined #koha
06:14 * magnuse waves
06:14 * dcook waves back
06:15 magnuse yay!
06:15 josef_moravec hi magnuse, dcook
06:15 dcook heya josef_moravec
06:15 wahanui well, josef_moravec is using this "manual" when building packages: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es_-_The_Easy_Way
06:15 magnuse hiya josef_moravec
06:32 reiveune joined #koha
06:32 reiveune hello
06:34 calire joined #koha
06:41 cait joined #koha
06:43 cait1 joined #koha
06:48 jajm hello
06:48 wahanui hi, jajm
06:49 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:50 Francesca joined #koha
06:55 fridolin joined #koha
06:55 fridolin hi hi
06:58 paul_p joined #koha
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 alex_a bonjour
06:59 wahanui what's up, alex_a
07:00 ashimema Mornin' #koha
07:03 Francesca joined #koha
07:03 calire hi #koha
07:03 magnuse bonjour europe
07:07 fridolin joined #koha
07:08 fridolin joined #koha
07:26 greenjimll joined #koha
08:28 fridolin1 joined #koha
08:32 Francesca joined #koha
08:33 fridolin2 joined #koha
08:44 andreashm joined #koha
08:45 calire matts++
08:45 calire for being koha-coral king
08:45 andreashm salut!
08:57 ashimema fridolin2: about?
08:57 fridolin joined #koha
08:57 ashimema oh.. there's a '2' in that nick.. is this the same frido?
09:01 Francesca joined #koha
09:09 ere So they managed to clone fridolin?
09:09 ere hi #koha!
09:09 * fridolin yes
09:09 ere awesome
09:09 * fridolin and yes
09:09 fridolin ;)
09:09 ere :D
09:10 fridolin_bis I'm tired, fridolin please do my job
09:14 ashimema lol
09:14 andreashm =)
09:15 ashimema sorry for the later than usual release yesterday fridolin , hope I didn't end up putting you behind
09:16 andreashm calire++
09:17 andreashm matts++
09:18 fridolin ashimema: no worries, i'm on release right now
09:18 ashimema :)
09:18 fridolin i know how its always difficult to find some calm to release :D
09:18 fridolin i've not all patches but major ones are in 17.11.11
09:19 fridolin i will backport the few missing on next release
09:19 * ashimema has just done some bugzilla tidying.. after my cleanup a couple of months back I hadn't gone back and marked any of my Pushed to Stable as RESOLVED FIXED upon release.. just updated 201 bugs :)
09:19 ashimema brill
09:19 ashimema yeah.. I'm a little behind mater myself
09:20 ashimema master.. even
09:20 ashimema aim to catch up later this week
09:21 ashimema this release seems like it was another fairly big one.. 67 bugs!
09:23 andreashm ashimema: nice!
09:28 tuxayo ashimema++
09:29 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:34 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:39 fridolin ashimema++
09:39 fridolin it contains some old strong bugs
09:39 fridolin Bug 10382
09:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10382 critical, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, RESOLVED FIXED, collection not returning to null when removed from course reserves
09:40 ashimema yeah.. I'm really pleased with the bug fix frenzy that's been going on :)
09:40 fridolin indeed, its hunting season on bugzilla ;)
09:45 * Francesca is essay writing
09:54 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:58 alex_a joined #koha
10:02 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
10:06 Francesca joined #koha
10:07 reiveune joined #koha
10:16 kohaputti how do you like nested subroutines in Koha code? https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]cgi?id=19893#c173 – I have only my personal opinion about this but the argument David has is pretty good about it being a private helper method that is just needed inside of the method.
10:16 huginn Bug 19893: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Needs Signoff , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
10:16 kohaputti nested subs are not really used anywhere else in koha so it just caught my eye
10:16 kohaputti and is also a new concept to me
10:17 ashimema personally.. I'm not really a fan of it.. but it was how the code was originally written too so it followed a certain style
10:17 ashimema it's not really especialyl perlish
10:17 kohaputti ashimema, you mean the ES code had nested subs before?
10:18 * kidclamp waves
10:19 ashimema when I asked our more senior perl devs this was their answer:
10:19 ashimema `Dont do it - Perl does not nest subs - I think the lexer rewrites your code as a series of subs --- basically you're fooling yourself into thinking you are writing pascal`
10:20 ashimema and.. that took me back to my pascal days at Uni ;)
10:20 ashimema yeah.. I think allot of the ES code was written in this somewhat strange to a perl programmer style
10:21 kohaputti ashimema, hmm ok, maybe you want to share this in the report? :D
10:21 ashimema I actually braught it up here a week or so ago.. but no-one was around to talk about it ;)
10:21 kohaputti but either way we go, how does the docs work in nested subs?
10:21 ashimema well.. I decided that as the style pre-existed I'd probably pass qa on it (even though I don't really like it) at this point and hope it got tidied up later ;)
10:21 kohaputti this would be maybe something we should put in the coding guidelines
10:22 ashimema kidclamp.. I asked you about that didn't I?
10:22 ashimema did eythian write this stuff in the first place.. I've not dug into the history of the file enough
10:23 kidclamp I believe it was mostly Eythian, Rangi may have gotten his hands dirty at some point too
10:23 kidclamp I don't remember you asking about it, but I agree, it is confusing
10:23 eythian hi what?
10:24 m23 joined #koha
10:24 eythian nested subs aren't things that are really done in perl, but closures are.
10:25 eythian See also:
10:25 ashimema hehe.. that books on my shelf waiting for me to have a chance to read it.
10:29 kohaputti hmm, today is developer IRC meeting?
10:30 ashimema it is indeed
10:30 kohaputti we could discuss adding nested subs to the coding guidelines
10:30 ashimema feel free to add it as a discussion topic ;)
10:30 eythian my opinion is that I wouldn't do nested subs, but would happily do "my $f = sub { ... };"
10:31 kohaputti ashimema, here https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_24_October_2018?
10:31 ashimema yup
10:31 eythian really, there's not such a thing as a nested sub, all named sub namespaces are global anyway
10:31 ashimema yeah.. I was thinking of suggesting switching it to coderefs instead too eythian :)
10:32 eythian well, global within the module or main:: that is.
10:32 ashimema I did find it odd[…]bug_19893_es_fast
10:33 eythian ashimema: do you mean[…]84cf600da4fbdR165
10:34 eythian because that's not a nested sub, it's an anonymous sub.
10:34 ashimema nope
10:34 ashimema[…]236eec1297cebR341
10:34 ashimema but there are a few of them scattered around if I remember correctly
10:34 eythian ah
10:34 eythian yeah
10:35 eythian I probably wouldn't do that.
10:35 eythian I suspect it was done by someone who expects subs to be lexically scoped like javascript does.
10:35 ashimema that was exactly what I thought
10:35 ashimema it smells of js ;)
10:35 ashimema hmm
10:36 ashimema not that I'm against JS.. just not writing perl as though it is another language ;)
10:37 eythian I'll happily be against JS :)
10:37 ashimema anywho.. thanks for your input eythian
10:37 eythian np
10:57 ashimema @later tell mtompsett are you aiming to get back to bug 20664 or should I take over on it's QA?
10:57 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:33 oleonard Hi #koha
11:34 andreashm joined #koha
11:35 ashimema Hi own
11:35 ashimema oleonard (IRC): did you say you were going to get your son to do bug 21615?
11:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21615 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , "Stock rotation" is at the wrong place in the Tools left side menu
11:36 oleonard I was going to try and then the weekend got away from me.
11:36 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:36 * ashimema 's daughter has a 'coding night' tonight and now she's had her first patch passed qa she's keen to try another ;)
11:37 ashimema I can leave it for you if you like or get her to give it a bash
11:37 oleonard Take it away
11:40 * andreashm waves
11:43 * magnuse waves
11:43 magnuse ashimemasdaughter++
11:56 fridolin joined #koha
11:58 oleonard Wow ashimema... so much bug wrangling!
11:59 ashimema sorry ;)
11:59 magnuse ashimema++
11:59 ashimema I cheated ;)
12:00 * ashimema realised he'd not been diligent about going back after release and setting 'Pushed to stable' to 'RESOLVED FIXED' so he scripted that update
12:10 Joubu hi #koha
12:11 Joubu ashimema: IIRC this is usually done by rangi and cait just after the release (after they turned off the notifications :D)
12:11 ashimema for major release perhaps.. we actualls discussedbz status's and things at the last dev meeting
12:12 ashimema we agreed to have a bit of a tidy up
12:14 paul_p__ joined #koha
12:14 Joubu it seems that RMaints now update the status when the patches won't be backported, right?
12:14 Joubu it should not happen for the new ones
12:14 ashimema http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-10-20.03.html
12:15 ashimema So.. what seems to have been happening (and is what I was advised to to by prior rmaints and cait)
12:16 ashimema is.. when a patch is backported to stable I change 'Pushed to master' to 'Pushed to Stable'.. then Frido changes 'Pushed to Stable' to 'RESOLVED FIXED' for patches being backported further.. which just seemed wrong to me..
12:17 ashimema so proposition was to have a status for each of the maintained branchs 'Pushed to stable/oldstable/oldoldstable' for rmaints to track what they've pushed.. then for each release set RESOLVED FIXED for patches with the 'Pushed to x' for the version they're releasing
12:18 josef_moravec joined #koha
12:18 ashimema Once rangi update the BZ status's I was going to submit the required changes for the dashboard and a script on the release-tools
12:19 ashimema in fact.. I've already got the release-tools addition coded:[…]_requests/3/diffs
12:21 Joubu ashimema: indeed, I remembered I read the meeting minutes. Did you update the wiki page?
12:21 Joubu "ACTION: ashimema to update release maintanence page to reflect the change (ashimema, 20:42:17)"
12:21 ashimema yup
12:22 irma_ joined #koha
12:22 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]22252&oldid=21691
12:22 Joubu that's all?
12:23 ashimema is it.. untill I can point to how to use the updated koha-release script
12:24 ashimema I wasn't going to update it until we merge that and I wasn't going to ask for that to be merged until the bz update to status's is done
12:24 ashimema does that make sense to you?
12:24 Joubu not sure :D
12:25 Joubu I feel like these kind of changes must be discussed on the mailing list, not voted by few people during a meeting
12:25 Joubu in order to make sure everybody got the info
12:25 Joubu I am not seeing anything on the ML
12:26 ashimema fair enough
12:26 Joubu fridolin: "Has Nginx+Plack users, we at Biblibre are interested by any solution." You are volunteering to write it, that's it?
12:27 fridolin Joubu: sorry i'm not good enought for that
12:27 ashimema I did discus it with fridolin, cait and kidclamp before raising at the meeting and wasn't especially intending on voting on it at that meeting
12:28 fridolin but i can try to get a real developper from biblibre
12:29 fridolin tuxayo: are you interessed ?
12:29 kmlussier joined #koha
12:29 fridolin you can enter in the Koha legend ;)
12:30 paul_p joined #koha
12:30 Joubu fridolin: I was kidding, we are already 3 on it apparently. But stay tuned, to give your feedback and test the patches when they will be ready!
12:31 fridolin indeed, keep me in touch
12:31 fridolin wa are also testers on Ubuntu
12:34 m23 joined #koha
12:39 fridolin mmmm
12:39 fridolin
12:40 fridolin CSS is actually broken in master ?
12:40 fridolin does anyone reproduce ? i missed something in webserver
12:40 fridolin there is rewrite for version in CCS and JS files
12:41 fridolin i dont see 404 errors
12:42 m23 joined #koha
12:42 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:43 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:46 Joubu fridolin: bug 20554 certainly broke your local changes
12:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Pushed to Master , New OPAC CSS
12:46 fridolin Joubu: but its for sandboxes, there is no local change
12:47 fridolin is there a syspref to adapt ?
12:47 fridolin OpacAdditionalStylesheet ?
12:48 kidclamp nothing should need an adjust that I can think of, clear memached? it never hurts :-)0
12:49 fridolin there is no on sandboxes
12:51 fridolin opaclayoutstylesheet
12:51 fridolin must contain opac.css
12:55 m23 joined #koha
12:56 Joubu fridolin: there is a "Failed" in the JS console
12:56 fridolin kidclamp: something is broken
12:56 fridolin maybe [% Asset.css("css/" _ opaclayoutstylesheet) | $raw %]
12:57 kidclamp hmmm
12:59 Joubu that line looks ok for me
13:01 fridolin Joubu: kidclamp ahhh its above : [% SET opaclayoutstylesheet='opac_' _ KOHA_VERSION _ '.css' UNLESS opaclayoutstylesheet %]
13:01 fridolin KOHA_VERSION is not needed
13:02 fridolin its done in Asset
13:02 fridolin so jsute : [% SET opaclayoutstylesheet='opac.css' UNLESS opaclayoutstylesheet %]
13:02 kidclamp ah, i knew it was arond there, patching fridolin?
13:02 jzairo joined #koha
13:02 fridolin kidclamp: yep
13:03 Joubu fridolin: but the pref is empty on the sandbox
13:03 fridolin Joubu: indeed, thats why its broken, it should use defautl value opac.css
13:03 fridolin oleonard: are you around ?
13:04 * oleonard slinks away
13:04 fridolin just to confirm that syspref opaclayoutstylesheet is by default empty
13:05 fridolin and code uses opac.css if empty
13:05 fridolin Bug 20554 brakes actually
13:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Pushed to Master , New OPAC CSS
13:05 Joubu ho yes you are right, opaclayoutstylesheet=opac.css in DB for MARC21
13:06 Joubu that's why we did not catch this issue
13:06 fridolin kidclamp: Joubu do i followup or new bug ?
13:06 * kidclamp promises he isn't sabotaging UNIMARC installs
13:06 Joubu fridolin: ha but it is for UNIMARC too actaully
13:06 fridolin ;)
13:06 Joubu installer/data/mysql/sysprefs.sql:('opaclayoutstylesheet','opac.css','','Enter the name of the layout CSS stylesheet to use in the OPAC','free'),
13:06 Joubu I would be ok with a follow-up, but kidclamp is the boss
13:07 kidclamp followup works for me, jsut don't let me forget to push it :-)
13:07 m23 joined #koha
13:07 fridolin go for followup
13:08 Joubu fridolin: submit it and I will sign it off immediately
13:10 fridolin Joubu:  kidclamp  20554
13:11 fridolin Bug 20554 followup
13:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Pushed to Master , New OPAC CSS
13:11 mtompset joined #koha
13:14 corilynn_ joined #koha
13:18 corilynn_ joined #koha
13:19 corilynn_ joined #koha
13:20 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:23 laurence joined #koha
13:28 tcohen hola
13:28 wahanui que tal, tcohen
13:29 Margaret joined #koha
13:34 mtompset Greetings, #koha tcohen corilynn laurence Freddy_Enrique Margaret
13:34 corilynn mornin' mtompset!
13:34 Margaret hi mtompset!
13:37 Freddy_Enrique Buenos dias tcohen
13:37 * mtompset hums...
13:37 mtompset
13:37 Freddy_Enrique hi Koha fellows :3
13:38 m23 joined #koha
13:38 Freddy_Enrique XD
13:40 mtompset That's a good tune. :)
13:41 Freddy_Enrique there?
13:41 Freddy_Enrique wahanui, have you seen caroline?
13:41 wahanui i haven't a clue, freddy_enrique
13:41 * Joubu is trying to imagine mtompset doing tap dances
13:45 mtompset Joubu, I'm not coordinated enough to do that. :)
13:45 mtompset Greeting, Joubu. :)
13:45 mtompset Greetings and salutations, even. :)
13:45 Joubu if you want to try anyway, send us a video ;)
13:45 mtompset @seen caroline
13:45 huginn mtompset: caroline was last seen in #koha 15 hours, 42 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <caroline> bye #koha!
13:46 Freddy_Enrique oh...
13:46 mtompset Freddy_Enrique, the @seen command is useful. :)
13:46 Freddy_Enrique thanks mtompset :)
13:46 Freddy_Enrique still got a lot to learn
13:46 mtompset And if you know they come frequently, but aren't currently around, @later tell <whoever> <message>
13:46 kohaputti meeting in 15 min?
13:46 kohaputti same channel, right?
13:47 oleonard wahanui: What time does caroline usually get here?
13:47 wahanui bugger all, i dunno, oleonard
13:47 tuxayo @seen wahanui
13:47 huginn tuxayo: wahanui was last seen in #koha 1 second ago: <wahanui> bugger all, i dunno, oleonard
13:47 * mtompset goes, "huh? What meeting?"
13:47 kohaputti mtompset, developer
13:47 tuxayo @seen wahanui
13:47 huginn tuxayo: wahanui was last seen in #koha 18 seconds ago: <wahanui> bugger all, i dunno, oleonard
13:47 Freddy_Enrique XD
13:47 mtompset kohaputti, agenda?
13:47 kohaputti https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_24_October_2018
13:47 tuxayo @seen huginn
13:47 huginn tuxayo: You've found me!
13:47 tuxayo :O
13:48 mtompset kohaputti++ # thanks for the link.
13:48 Freddy_Enrique it's a tech meeting...
13:48 mtompset nested subroutines?! YUCK!
13:49 nuentoter joined #koha
13:49 ashimema I'll be late to the dev meeting.. school run duties
13:49 ashimema please accept this as my apologies
13:49 nuentoter o7 morning all
13:49 fridolin joined #koha
13:49 fridolin left #koha
13:50 fridolin joined #koha
13:53 fridolin kidclamp: sorry my ethernet cable
13:53 * mtompset mumbles, "If you have something nested, you're doing it wrong. Class it!"
13:53 mtompset Well, except for maybe quick inline'ing. :)
13:55 ashimema Lol
13:55 ashimema Agreed
13:55 thd joined #koha
13:55 fridolin kidclamp: ok tu push Bug 20554
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20554 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Pushed to Master , New OPAC CSS
13:56 m23 joined #koha
13:57 JesseM Morning everyone!
13:57 lukeG joined #koha
13:58 kidclamp on the stack frido, getting what I can in this morning
13:58 kohaputti JesseM, hi
13:58 oleonard Hi JesseM
13:58 kidclamp "morning
13:58 ashimema Interesting.. I thought there was already a guideline for the one they're proposing in SQL 13
13:58 kidclamp I don't think we have one
13:58 kidclamp that was me
13:58 kohaputti ashimema, it is in the source code in a readme
13:58 kidclamp I hate having to mess with them
13:58 kidclamp it's already good form, I just want to make it required
13:58 ashimema I see.. and in a wiki page somewhere but perhaps not a guideline
13:59 ashimema We should deprecate the .SQL file version too 😉
13:59 kohaputti should we wait few more minutes so everyone has a chance to join the discussion?
13:59 ashimema If your saying to always use .perl
13:59 m23 Hi #koha
13:59 ashimema Yes, you should.. I'm just talking whilst I can 😉
14:00 kohaputti ashimema, ah, right you were heading out soon
14:00 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Database_updates
14:00 ashimema For where it's already in theory a hard requirement
14:01 ashimema Adding it to the guidelines just clarifies it for those who haven't read that page
14:02 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018
14:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 24 14:02:47 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_october_2018'
14:02 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:03 fridolin kidclamp: oki super
14:03 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:03 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:03 huginn Current chairs: Joubu kidclamp
14:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre
14:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS-E, Uk
14:03 ashimema Ish
14:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:03 ashimema Waiting at the school gates
14:03 barton @info Barton Chittenden, ByWater Solutions
14:03 huginn barton: Error: The command "info" is available in the Factoids and RSS plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "info".
14:03 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
14:04 calire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
14:04 barton oops.
14:04 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
14:04 barton #info Barton Chittenden, ByWater Solutions
14:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:04 khall joined #koha
14:05 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS
14:05 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:05 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_24_October_2018
14:05 kidclamp full house :-)
14:05 ashimema Wow
14:05 Joubu kidclamp and ashimema distracted me and I forgot to fill the agenda with tons of topics
14:06 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:06 ashimema Lol.. sorry Joubu
14:06 kidclamp you still can joubu, just let us know to reload
14:06 kidclamp any announcements>
14:07 kidclamp last call for announcements...
14:07 Joubu I am planning a "what's on in koha-devel" email soon
14:07 Joubu[…]_on_in_koha-devel # if you want to your topics
14:08 kidclamp #info Joubu is working on a 'what's on in koha devel' - please add topics to keep this email going
14:08 kidclamp #link[…]_on_in_koha-devel  What's On email topic
14:08 Joubu also, bookmark - but I already sent an email about that
14:09 kidclamp #info Check the 18.11 bug list too
14:09 kidclamp #link 18.11 bugs
14:09 Joubu and "sql modes", but later
14:09 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.11)
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:09 kidclamp That's me!
14:09 kidclamp I am working on cleaning out the queue - ES has seen some movement, focus there to get things in before slush is appreciated
14:10 kidclamp slush is coming fast
14:10 kidclamp follow the tag as above for things we need in 18.11
14:10 kidclamp I am excited for the release :-) we did good work, thank you all
14:10 ashimema Scary fast
14:11 kohaputti what is slush?
14:11 wahanui rumour has it slush is coming fast
14:11 kidclamp enhancements not in PQA will not be considered for the release
14:11 ashimema Comes before freeze
14:11 kohaputti ok
14:11 kohaputti thanks
14:11 kidclamp freeze means no more enhancements
14:12 Joubu November   2 - Feature slush - no enhancement/new features  that have not passed QA will be considered for release
14:12 mtompset Will all Passed QA make it into the next release?
14:12 Joubu November   9 - Feature freeze - only bugfixes will pushed after this - 1st draft of release notes
14:12 Joubu November 16 - String Freeze - 2nd draft of release notes
14:12 Joubu November 27 - Release
14:12 kidclamp mtompset: they are still subject to review - i iwll do my best barring issues
14:13 kidclamp thanks Joubu
14:13 mtompset okay, thank you, kidclamp. :)
14:13 kidclamp that's all i have for right now
14:13 m23 joined #koha
14:14 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:14 kidclamp ashimema?
14:14 wahanui hmmm... ashimema is RMaint for 18.05 ?
14:14 oleonard ashimema said he would be late
14:14 kidclamp fridolin?
14:14 wahanui fridolin is indeed, but maybe not on Rmain 18.11
14:14 fridolin yep
14:14 fridolin I juste released
14:14 fridolin
14:15 ashimema We made release
14:15 ashimema And I have some catching up to do now
14:15 fridolin I'm late on 18.05.x for around 10 bugs I will catchup
14:15 ashimema But otherwise, nothing from me
14:15 kidclamp #info ashimema and frido are releasing releases and being cool
14:15 * fridolin asked help for rebase of Bug 21385
14:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21385 major, P2, ---, martin.renvoize, RESOLVED FIXED, Vendor search: Item count is incorrectly updated on partial receive
14:16 fridolin ashimema: is on it
14:16 fridolin oh why resolved
14:16 ashimema Yup
14:16 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:17 fridolin juste to finish, Plugins with CSS and JS are in 17.11.x
14:17 fridolin enjoy :)
14:17 kidclamp cait joubu marcelr jajm khall tcohen alex_a josef_moravec
14:17 kidclamp fridolin++
14:17 Freddy_Enrique fridolin++
14:17 Joubu kidclamp: sql modes?
14:17 tcohen Joubu: leave that for the begining of the next release
14:18 kidclamp I figured you would bring up now
14:18 Joubu tcohen: I do not understand what you mean
14:18 Joubu are you telling we should not discuss it before the release?
14:19 tcohen no, I mean the changes in Koha::Object
14:19 tcohen this is important, needs to be discussed!
14:19 Joubu ok
14:19 Joubu so
14:19 Joubu "strict sql modes"
14:20 Joubu I am going to create a page on the wiki to explain the situation
14:20 Joubu what we did, where we are, and what need to be done
14:20 Joubu also the problems we are facing
14:20 Joubu to me the priority is to stop the regressions, at least the ones tests can catch
14:21 Joubu and so you should focuss on bug 21613
14:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21613 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Turn strict SQL modes on for tests
14:21 Joubu nothing else for now
14:22 tcohen Joubu++
14:22 kidclamp #info Joubu will create a wiki page for the strcit sql modes issue
14:22 kidclamp #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=21613 Bug to add strict mode to tests to prevent regressions
14:22 huginn Bug 21613: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Turn strict SQL modes on for tests
14:23 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:23 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:24 kidclamp ashimema around?
14:24 mtompset ashimema, said he was going to run late, I think... scrolls up...
14:25 mtompset "<ashimema> I'll be late to the dev meeting.. school run duties
14:25 mtompset <ashimema> please accept this as my apologies"
14:25 kidclamp jsut checking, I ma not sure what is needed for trailers discussion, or just to  highlight them
14:25 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es#Other_trailers  Other git trailers
14:25 ashimema I'm sorta around but in the playground
14:26 ashimema Git trailer s was a hang over from last meeting..
14:26 ashimema Wasn't proposed by me.. I just like the idea
14:26 kohaputti are these *other* trailers a recent thing?
14:26 ashimema It's all documented anyways.. just needed highlighting to sleeve new about it
14:26 oleonard Yes kohaputti
14:27 kidclamp cool
14:27 ashimema Especially the Sponsored-by one which I intend to make more use of for release notes
14:27 Joubu should not they be added by RM (automatically
14:27 Joubu )
14:27 kohaputti I like them, but I cannot say whether the implementation is correct
14:28 mtompset Just one question: would they change they ... "git bz apply; test; git so; git bz attach" workflow?
14:28 mtompset Oops.. change THE...
14:28 mtompset If not, I don't care. :)
14:28 kohaputti mtompset, I think not because sign-off for example can come after of before, it really doesn't matter or does it?
14:29 * ashimema now has child so disappears again
14:29 kohaputti will it get messy if these different types of trailers are not sorted?
14:30 kidclamp I don't see them causing any issues, they should come before the signoff ones I suppose, but is an easy fix
14:30 ashimema Could end up as an RM thing I suppose Joubu
14:30 ashimema But if it does would be good to script as much as we can
14:30 * mtompset chuckles, "Automate everything!"
14:31 kohaputti I think we can try them, right? It doesn't hurt?
14:32 kidclamp agreed
14:32 kohaputti Would the patch submitter be encouraged to add also "Reported-by"? Or just RM
14:33 Joubu Reported-by can be scripted
14:33 kidclamp I don't think we are suggesting these are required either, just encouraged and allowed?
14:34 Joubu "Co-authored-by" we usually follow-up instead
14:34 Joubu "Mentored-by" cannot be scripted
14:34 Joubu "Thanks-to" must be done manually too
14:34 ashimema Yup
14:34 ashimema Not required
14:34 mtompset Will there be a list of "valid trailer tags" on the wiki?
14:34 kidclamp moving on?
14:35 ashimema I used Mentored-by the other day..
14:35 Joubu we will certainly not use "Mentored-by" much
14:35 kohaputti would Reported-by be a bit redundant since it is already in bugzilla?
14:35 mtompset kohaputti, but that would allow for it to transfer to release notes easier.
14:35 Joubu mtompset: a link has been sent before
14:35 mtompset okay.
14:36 mtompset I didn't follow the conversation closely.
14:36 kohaputti mtompset, but can't we extract that from bugzilla with some automated fashion?
14:36 mtompset Whatever... moving on, like kidclamp said. :)
14:36 kohaputti does each bug say to which version the patches has been pushed?
14:36 kohaputti okay
14:37 kidclamp these are all good questions :-) I think followup on the email thread and we can develop guidelines et.c if these become widely used or we have a need
14:37 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:37 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
14:37 kidclamp #info Using nested subroutines (as discussed in Bug 19893)
14:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Needs Signoff , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
14:38 kohaputti What is your opinion on using nested sub like:[…]236eec1297cebR341 ?
14:39 kohaputti I think if it is not an closure, i.e. it doesn't refer to outer subroutine it should be moved in top level
14:39 kohaputti on the other hand if it is closure, i.e. refers to something in the outer subroutine I think it is fine for it to be a nested subroutine
14:39 mtompset My question is why isn't this classed? It's written like a class.
14:40 mtompset I really dislike nested routines.
14:40 kohaputti mtompset, that could be a good way to do it but I don't think we should focus on this specific piece of code right now?
14:41 kohaputti mtompset, what are the drawbacks of nested routines in your opinion?
14:41 kohaputti I myself noticed it makes it hard to follow the code because I cannot differentiate the to routines from each other
14:42 kohaputti the two routines*
14:42 Joubu maybe moved to Koha::FieldMappings?
14:42 mtompset our code is not cleanly indented across the project. it makes it harder to eyeball.
14:43 mtompset Anything longer than 3 lines (which is an arbitrary okay inline size) should be it's own class.
14:43 mtompset ^it's^its^
14:43 kohaputti class? You mean subroutine?
14:44 ashimema I'm against it
14:44 kidclamp I think it does affect readability, quick research seems to indicate it is not 'good' perl unless it is a closure
14:44 ashimema It could be a coderef and be a bit more readable
14:45 * ashimema would like to read more into it before just throwing it out.. see what perl best practice and higher order perl suggests about it
14:45 kohaputti I think why it at least for me affects the readability is because it makes the outer function bigger and there there is more things I need to keep in mind at the same time
14:45 kidclamp what is the benefit of nesting it?
14:45 mtompset class as in OO Perl, like Joubu suggested a Koha::FieldMappings or something.
14:45 tcohen if it was a functor, and we were generating multiple functions to be passed around, maybe but this looks obfuscated as-is, with no clear win
14:46 kohaputti kidclamp, the benefit is when you want to refer to something in the outer function, like some variable
14:46 ashimema I'm also not sure it scopes that way he's expecting
14:46 mtompset tcohen, yes, a functor (if I am understanding your word use) would be okay with a coderef.
14:47 josef_moravec quick reading about it now, and I am against it as it is used here...
14:47 tcohen yes, but you might need to generate functions, but hey, this is not the case
14:47 mtompset kohaputti, if you want to refer to an outer variable, then you shoudl have passed it as a parameter.
14:47 josef_moravec ashimema: yes, the scoping looks like one of the problems
14:47 mtompset -- hashref preferably. :)
14:48 josef_moravec I would like to see some refactoring here - move to better place, as Joube mentioned for example¨
14:48 Joubu the main issue is that you cannot unit test it
14:48 mtompset -- which you can with a class. :)
14:49 mtompset unit_tests++ :)
14:49 mtompset unittests++ :)
14:49 mtompset tests++ :)
14:49 mtompset regressions_tests++ :)
14:49 kidclamp I think we can vote?
14:49 kohaputti mtompset, yeah I think it can be passed as a parameter too but I guess there is some reason for closure (
14:49 oleonard unitte_ests++
14:50 kohaputti I think we should not rule out closures completely? but just such nesting where it is actually not a closure
14:50 mtompset oleonard++ # love your spelling.
14:50 mtompset No, no... closures of a SMALL size (which is why I threw out an arbitrary 3 lines) would be okay.
14:51 oleonard mtompset: sts is obviously not a word.
14:51 kidclamp kohaputti: agreed, but this doesn't seem to be a closure as understood, this is a named internal subroutine
14:51 kohaputti mtompset, do you mean with a closure a subroutine that refers to outer subroutines variable?
14:51 kohaputti kidclamp, yes it is not closure in that example
14:52 kidclamp I think we can add the rule and consider exceptions if warranted
14:52 mtompset perhaps... but very limited scope and use. Generally be avoided.
14:52 kohaputti so to put it more clearly: I don't want named internal subroutines, but closure are okay
14:52 kidclamp we are all reasonable people :-)
14:53 kidclamp should we develop a coding guideline?
14:53 kohaputti kidclamp, we have one..?
14:53 Joubu I do not think it's needed
14:53 ashimema Possibly, but perhaps not until a few of us have researched further
14:53 kohaputti kidclamp, you meant for this issue?
14:53 ashimema It's a pretty rare occurrence to come across it
14:54 kidclamp yeah, just wondering if we needed action, or just discussion for this one bug?
14:55 mtompset Well, what do we do when someone else writes a large internal routine like this again?
14:55 ashimema Just the discussion I think.. I'd really like to see that bug moving on but if I'm honest I don't think it's ready for 18.11 myself.. not as is.
14:55 Joubu QA will fail it
14:56 ashimema That's why I think we need a bit more thought before we guideline it
14:56 mtompset -- unless it is a newbie QA'r? ;)
14:56 kohaputti I think we could deal with this now, or if you want have some time to think about it and decide in the next meeting?
14:56 ashimema Right now QA picked it up as a code smell and brought up discussions.. that was the right thing to do
14:56 mtompset if we guideline it, the guideline needs to be flexible and not-rigid, but generally encourage a particular coding style.
14:57 mtompset definitely code smell here.
14:57 kidclamp okay. no guideline for now, will someone respond on the bug to say we don't like it? then we can move on
14:57 kohaputti agreed
14:58 * ashimema is overwhelmed at the moment.. anyone else fancy commenting
14:58 kidclamp #info we do not like nested subroutines - we should avoid them
14:58 kidclamp #info Proposal add guideline SQL13: DB Updates - when preparing DB updates you must use skeleton.perl as the base and ensure updates are idempotent (multiple runs should not cause errors)
14:58 * ashimema certainly wants to re-read a few chapters before he would comment
14:59 mtompset I definitely like the idea of idempotent. :)
14:59 kohaputti I can forward this discussion to the author also, and then work together on refactoring it
14:59 Joubu kidclamp: .sql is useful for "INSERT IGNORE INTO systempreferences" single query
15:00 mtompset Thanks, Joubu. I was going to mention that. :)
15:00 Joubu idenpotent is a guideline already
15:00 thd Nested subroutines when used appropriately can produce less complexity and easier readability.
15:00 ashimema They're already meant to be idempotent
15:00 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
15:00 ashimema It's just not in that guidelines page but in a dB guidelines one
15:01 kidclamp Yes,m I just want to make it easily visible and spelled out, it is threaded through other pages on the wiki
15:01 mtompset Joubu, where is that in the guidelines?
15:01 kidclamp the wiki alsmo mentions .sql files. but I don't want to see those anymore
15:01 kidclamp :-)
15:01 kohaputti thd, I will research on that
15:02 kidclamp essentially now the RM cleans up the update if it is not in the right format, and I don't want to , because I am likely to mess it up
15:02 Joubu if it's not in the wiki it's in my head
15:02 mtompset Ah, I see it: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]pdates#Idempotent
15:02 kidclamp just want it easily spelled out and obvious so we all know where it is and I can fail QA and make the author fix :-)
15:02 thd ... but the could be an endless recursion trap more easily.
15:04 reiveune bye
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:04 kidclamp  think it is okay to add? or you think we don't need it?
15:05 mtompset I think we should centralize it in the coding guidelines. :)
15:05 kidclamp or, "Updates should be written as directed on the wiki at  https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Database_updates"
15:05 kohaputti I think it can be added, also to the README in installer/data/mysql/atomicupdate
15:05 mtompset But not necessarily require the .perl thing.
15:05 kidclamp I want to require the perl
15:05 fridolin left #koha
15:05 kohaputti mtompset, what would be a case where skeleton.perl cannot be used?
15:06 mtompset kidclamp, when INSERT IGNORE works?
15:06 mtompset kohaputti, it can always be used. It's just that a person doing it, might just be more comfortable providing just the SQL.
15:06 kidclamp it still gets wrapped in perl when moved to - I just want that tobe the work of the author to avoid copying issues
15:06 kidclamp and having to requote sql statements
15:07 Joubu use q|| instead of quote and you are done ;)
15:07 mtompset I prefer q{}
15:07 Joubu lazy kidclamp
15:07 kidclamp unless the statement has pipes in it joubu
15:07 nuentoter joined #koha
15:07 kidclamp lazy developers?
15:08 kidclamp someone is being lazy in either casee
15:08 mtompset Joubu, write a script to turn .sql atomicupdates to .perl for kidclamp. ;)
15:08 kohaputti well doesn't the RM already has enough things to do? Maybe we should provide the script to do .perl file from just the bare SQL
15:08 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
15:08 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
15:08 kohaputti mtompset, exactly
15:09 kidclamp the sekelton.perl is already there, I just don't see a reason to not use it
15:10 kidclamp but this is not getting the support i hoped :-)
15:11 mtompset kidclamp, whenever I do an atomic update with a .perl, I'll remember to use your name in vain. ;)
15:11 calire left #koha
15:11 nuentoter lol
15:11 kohaputti mtompset, have you come a cross anybody who was uncomfortable doing the update with the skeleton.perl?
15:12 Joubu I would suggest to update the wiki and tell people we prefer a .perl even for single statement
15:12 mtompset Me. I rather just get the SQL right. :)
15:12 Joubu but we should not FQA for that reason
15:12 mtompset I can support Joubu's suggestion. :)
15:12 kidclamp fair engouh, but I will sigh a lot -- jsut know you make me sigh :-)
15:12 kohaputti mtompset, so your worry is that the perl wrapper creates bugs?
15:12 mtompset Can you make a video of that? ;)
15:13 Joubu kidclamp: rely on QA team to move .sql to .perl
15:14 kidclamp at that point I feel lazy, anyways, I think we can then just add a link tothe update page ont eh coding guidelines and call it a day?
15:14 mtompset kohaputti, nope. Just worried it will do something else magical. Don't trust those inner workings. EEEEEVIL! ;)
15:14 kidclamp mtompset: it is just a wrapper - the rm moving it or you putting it there are the same
15:14 oleonard Is anyone else arguing that this is a bad idea?
15:15 corilynn mtompset++ on getting the SQL right!
15:15 mtompset It's not a BAD idea... just requiring it... Guideline it...
15:15 oleonard Okay, so... RM says do it.
15:15 mtompset not mandate it.
15:16 kidclamp unless there are objections I will add the link to the coding guidelines page, and add to that page that skeleton is STRONGLY encouraged
15:16 kidclamp no guideline
15:16 mtompset okay.
15:16 kohaputti If the RM would convert it to perl then there is nobody reviewing it. I like it more when the author does it so there is the review part included
15:17 mtompset valid point, kohaputti.
15:17 kidclamp kohaputti++
15:17 mtompset nothing worse than rolling a package which is broken.
15:18 mtompset kidclamp's name will be used less in vain.
15:18 Joubu cannot happen, tests will fail
15:18 kidclamp anyways, I had enoguh discussion, and no objections
15:18 kohaputti Because there are no vanilla SQL atomicupdates in reality then I think we should only allow .perl atomicupdates
15:18 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 October 2018)
15:18 kidclamp November 7, 21 UTC?
15:19 Joubu #info Next meeting: 7 November 2018, 21 UTC
15:19 kidclamp #endmeeting
15:19 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:19 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct 24 15:19:45 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:19 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-24-14.02.html
15:19 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-10-24-14.02.txt
15:19 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]24-14.02.log.html
15:19 Joubu to make it set correctly ;)
15:20 kidclamp thanks everyone!
15:20 mtompset kidclamp, Sorry if I joked around too hard. :)
15:20 kidclamp no worries mtompset
15:20 kohaputti thank you!
15:21 kidclamp off for a bit
15:26 ashimema Thanks guys
15:27 * ashimema just caught up.. seems I didn't miss much.. I would have +1 the SQL stuff if I were there
15:28 Freddy_Enrique1 joined #koha
15:31 Freddy_Enrique1 left #koha
15:33 Freddy_Enrique1 joined #koha
15:34 oleonard Joubu:  Is [% FILTER html %][% var %][% END %] the same as [% var | html %] ?
15:36 Joubu yes
15:37 Joubu [% FILTER html %] should be used when there are several lines, but the script I wrote to catch missings filters will not considered it as valid
15:37 oleonard So [% FILTER html %][% var | html %][% END %] is SUPER filtered :)
15:37 Joubu yes :)
15:44 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
15:45 laurence left #koha
15:45 josef_moravec left #koha
15:46 oleonard Joubu: Did you write a test to catch new templates with YUI grid markup or did I imagine it?
15:50 * mtompset grins, "KIDCLAAAAAMP!"
15:50 mtompset Just for the humour of it, while I sign off this bug. :)
15:52 Joubu oleonard: I see that:
15:52 Joubu +        {pattern => qr{"btn btn-small}, error => "Contains old bootstrap style for buttons (see bug 16239)"},
15:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16239 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, RESOLVED FIXED, Upgrade Bootstrap in the staff client
15:52 Joubu +        {pattern => qr{"btn btn-mini},  error => "Contains old bootstrap style for buttons (see bug 16239)"},
15:52 Joubu +        {pattern => qr{"modal hide"},   error => "Contains old bootstrap style for buttons (see bug 16239)"},
15:52 Joubu for buttons and modals only it seems
15:52 mtompset kidclamp, signed off bug 21639 for you. ;)
15:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21639 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Phone notice transports do not exist for new installs
15:53 NewYorkMood joined #koha
15:56 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
16:03 mtompset @seen oleonard
16:03 huginn mtompset: oleonard was last seen in #koha 16 minutes and 45 seconds ago: <oleonard> Joubu: Did you write a test to catch new templates with YUI grid markup or did I imagine it?
16:04 mtompset oleonard++ # 96 validation errors to 21. Can we get it lower? bug 21645
16:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21645 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Clean up library groups template
16:04 Freddy_Enrique mtompset, what does sing off mean?
16:04 Freddy_Enrique sign off*
16:05 oleonard mtompset: What tool did you use and do the errors come from the body of the page (as opposed to include files)
16:05 mtompset oleonard, Good point about include files... I just cut and paste page source into
16:06 mtompset Freddy_Enrique, read through this page and linked to pages.
16:06 mtompset https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eveloper_handbook
16:09 mtompset class="edit-group" errors are in the template file.
16:09 CrispyBran joined #koha
16:10 mtompset As is the delete-group
16:10 Freddy_Enrique mtompset++
16:10 Freddy_Enrique nice!
16:11 oleonard mtompset: Fail it and I'll resubmit
16:12 mtompset Nah... just add a patch.
16:12 mtompset no need to resubmit.
16:13 mtompset But I'll fail it, and comment.
16:17 mtompset Greetings, CrispyBran
16:18 CrispyBran hello
16:18 wahanui salut, CrispyBran
16:18 mtompset Have a good lunch, oleonard :)
16:21 * CrispyBran waves
16:28 calire joined #koha
16:31 mtompset Oh bleep.
16:32 mtompset Is anyone familiar with how to untangle the mess that is nested reuses?
16:33 mtompset C4::Circulation uses C4::Members uses C4::Accounts. C4::Circulations also uses C4::Accounts. And then, C4::Circulation also uses C4::Overdues which uses C4::Accounts.
16:33 mtompset Is this where use order becomes important?
16:34 * CrispyBran pulls out the grenade launcher
16:42 * ashimema cries whenever that happens mtompset
16:43 mtompset Sent an email to the devel list.
16:43 mtompset ashimema, cry more....
16:43 mtompset C4::Circulation -> Koha::Accounts -> C4::Circulation qw (ReturnLostItem);
17:02 mtompset Have a good lunch, oleonard? :)
17:15 oleonard Meh.
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: DBRev <[…]a55f2f88e70db74d5>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: Fix incorrect GROUP BY <[…]05054a241dc797877>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: DBRev <[…]411844ed85511f01b>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20554: (follow-up) KOHA_VERSION is not needed in opaclayoutstylesheet <[…]c378f7d469d61219e>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21511: (RM follow-up) Use orders.count instead of new variable <[…]e4e37c5d203348518>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21511: Don't show acquisition details on subscription detail when there is no... <[…]f7c6b69ecc9c1d2ee>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: (follow-up) Default to unlimited <[…]a87c5b9b619bf45cf>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21216: (follow-up) Exclude some columns from export <[…]62d6c26f85b8b00f4>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21216: Add filter/search options to notices table <[…]89a204f273d508926>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (follow-up) Fixing layout of description button <[…]273998c3006f04abf>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (follow-up) Correct merge errors <[…]103cefc53d5ecc71f>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: Make circ rules UI handle holds_per_day <[…]6a7fc94e07dcc8779>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (follow-up) Hide description field if the batch is empty <[…]426e2dffb10b814ae>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (follow-up) Save description link as button on patroncard side <[…]2c11d377df82901c4>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (follow-up) Making 'Save description' link a button <[…]5c88863a952a62fb0>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: Adding descriptions to patron card batches <[…]673abd3c406c89b36>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: Modify to handle the new error string <[…]b692bc508773bbd97>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: Extend CanItemBeReserved so it handles daily holds limits <[…]af9774de9456bb2f2>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: Unit tests <[…]76537c298edffa75d>
17:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15486: DB structure change <[…]1f44aa136fb041157>
17:26 caroline joined #koha
17:27 caroline hello everyone!
17:27 * CrispyBran waves
17:30 * oleonard waves goodbye
17:32 caroline now I have the Beatles song in my head...
17:33 corilynn we all live in a yellow submarine, caroline?
17:33 caroline no the hello/goodbye song (not sure of the title)
17:34 corilynn google says it's called hello, goodbye
17:34 caroline hehe! keeping it simple!
17:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15766: (RM follow-up) Schema updates <[…]1782c0692aa9a95d8>
17:38 Joubu kidclamp, ashimema, tcohen: bug 21596 comment 19 to review please
17:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21596 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Handle default values when storing Koha::Patron
17:46 mtompset joined #koha
17:49 mtompset Okay.. that was a nasty blip...
17:50 CrispyBran Question for #koha.  An item has a hold and has a waiting status.  Patron picks up hold without checking it out.  Returns it at another branch.  Should Koha A) send the item back to the branch it should be waiting at, and wait out a pickup the patron no longer needs or, B) ask the staff member about it?  Should the hold be cancelled at that point by staff?  Should it automatically be cancelled and trigger the next hold?
17:50 Delicious joined #koha
17:51 * mtompset cringes.
17:51 jzairo joined #koha
17:52 caroline CrispyBran: I would say pop-up saying this items is on hold and waiting at library X, with options confirm and transfer, confirm, transfer and print slip, and ignore
17:54 caroline Because the scenario could be different, it could be someone else who brought back the item, not necessarily the person it was meant for.
17:55 CrispyBran The question is, if it could be any number of reasons why it ended up in the wrong place, what is the best way to deal with it.
17:56 CrispyBran How should this get resolved?  Call the patron and check if they had read it?
17:57 caroline CrispyBran: I'm not sure how other libraries deal with holds waiting forever on the shelf, but after several days, yes I think a call is in order
18:00 caroline Native English speakers: is "Showed" supposed to be "Shown" in a sentence like 20 orders showed/n?
18:00 caroline Showed sounds weird
18:00 CrispyBran Should be shown
18:00 MarshmallowTreat joined #koha
18:01 caroline thx!
18:01 caroline does "Displayed" sound better than shown?
18:04 CrispyBran That or Showing
18:04 CrispyBran Either would work for a singular or plural situation.
18:04 CrispyBran Or Displaying
18:05 nuentoter after 1 week on holds list, we give calls. after 1 more week they go back on shelf.      "Displayed" gets my vote
18:05 mtompset orders has nothing to do with holds, right?
18:05 mtompset (making sure I'm parsing the conversations correctly)
18:05 CrispyBran two different topics mtompset
18:06 nuentoter yeah sorry
18:06 caroline Its for a syspref like PatronsPerPage, but I guess they wanted them to start all the same. The dev called it TableMaxShowedOrders,  TableMaxShowedItemTypes, etc but it just sounds bad to my ears
18:06 mtompset and these orders are they still in the midst of processing, or are they processed, or is there a mix?
18:06 CrispyBran I'm all for "20 orders revealed for your perusal"
18:07 caroline CrispyBran: lol!!
18:07 nuentoter ^^^
18:07 mtompset Or the infinitive form.
18:07 nuentoter im with CrispyBran
18:07 mtompset TableMaxOrdersToShow
18:07 mtompset Because this will be used as a limit for showing.
18:08 nuentoter TableMaxOrdersRevealed
18:08 SunRunner joined #koha
18:08 CrispyBran Displayed++
18:08 nuentoter yeah ^^
18:08 nuentoter Displayed is better imo tbh
18:09 mtompset ToShow is shorter to type. ;)
18:09 caroline TableMaxOrdersDisplayed
18:09 nuentoter TableMaxOrdersShown
18:09 mtompset And why is the word Table there?
18:09 caroline no idea...
18:10 caroline I was not part of the discussion... I was only SHOWN the result and am not happy with it
18:10 mtompset MaxOrdersToShow (MOTS -- French for Word, right?)
18:10 mtompset come on... have to fit some French in there. ;)
18:11 caroline mtompset: lol!!
18:11 nuentoter Mot is a witty saying
18:11 mtompset And programmers have humour... put in a pun that English speakers will generally miss. :)
18:12 mtompset All the while having a meaningful English phrase. :)
18:13 CrispyBran MaxOrdersDisplayed++
18:14 CrispyBran It's MOD.  ;)
18:14 caroline The things is, it's not only orders, so your word plays won't works with everything :)
18:14 caroline there's suggestions, authorities, funds, etc.
18:15 mtompset Oh...
18:15 mtompset lots of limits.
18:16 mtompset Why not FoosDisplayLimit
18:16 caroline Because of the alphabetic order
18:16 caroline Currently they are all together which is nice
18:17 nuentoter why is the table in there?
18:17 caroline I was told "because it's in a table"
18:17 CrispyBran :/
18:17 nuentoter oh ... ok good enough
18:18 Joubu PatronsPerPage is almost obsolete as we have DataTables and Ajax to fetch them
18:18 CrispyBran I would rewrite all the pref names.  :)
18:18 nuentoter TableMaxShown
18:18 nuentoter TMS
18:19 caroline too many sysprefs?
18:19 nuentoter too much stuff
18:19 nuentoter the S could be changed depending on mood or level of frustration
18:20 Joubu is there a bug number for the "max orders" stuff?
18:20 caroline Joubu: no it's a client development
18:20 caroline I just wanted to know if Showed existed in english
18:20 Joubu which view?
18:20 Joubu ok :)
18:21 Joubu sounds weird to limit the number of results, pagination should be added
18:21 nuentoter showed does, but not in correct usage that way
18:21 caroline Joubu: it's the default to be shown
18:21 caroline Normally it's 20 by default
18:21 nuentoter i showed something to you, ie, past tense.  you are being shown is present tense
18:22 caroline but the client wanted to be able to customize
18:22 mtompset oh! Why didn't they YML iy?
18:22 mtompset YML it?
18:22 mtompset { foo: x, bar: y, baz: z }
18:22 mtompset And store that in a DisplayLimits syspref?
18:22 mtompset One systempreference.
18:22 mtompset Oh, never mind.. the de-yml'ing would mean more code.
18:23 mtompset TMS! *laugh*
18:23 nuentoter see, TMS should be it lol
18:24 nuentoter caroline: shown would be the correct english for its use here
18:24 caroline nuentoter: thank you :)
18:25 caroline I didn't know it was a tense thing. I though it was active vs passive
18:29 nuentoter shown is the past participle of the verb show, showed is the past tense
18:35 Joubu bug 21650 # the number of ghost subroutines we have/had is incredible
18:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21650 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , C4::Items::GetLastAcquisitions has never been used and should be removed
18:39 mtompset Joubu, POD coverage failure.
18:39 mtompset Otherwise, I would have signed it off. :)
18:41 Joubu it is expected
18:42 Joubu the POD coverage check is bad
18:42 Joubu it compares % of coverage before and after the patch
18:42 Joubu it only works when sub/methods are added, not when they are removed
18:44 LibTech joined #koha
18:47 mtompset Fine. Commented as such, and signed off.
18:51 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
18:56 LibTech Hello everyone, I am in need of some assistance. I am trying to set up a koha developer instance but I am encountering a snag. I have installed the koha unstable package and have set it up. It works fine. I then cloned the master respositoy from git and ran koha-gitify. When I try to access koha now, I get the 18.06 setup screen which appears to work, but when it completes, it starts over again rather that going to the koha main screen. Can
18:59 mtompset LibTech, use the kohadevbox.
18:59 Joubu LibTech: which instructions did you follow?
18:59 Joubu you could try to restart plack and memcached
18:59 Joubu (in the other order, first memcached, then plack)
19:00 mtompset
19:02 LibTech Restarting memcached did the trick! Thank-you Joubu!
19:05 LibTech mtompset: I have tried kohadevbox before, but for some reason it doesn't seem to want to work on my computer... Thanks for the suggestion though.
19:09 nuentoter i've had issues with kohadevbox too, I just use an old pc that we hadn't had plugged in in forever for any dev stuff. dedicateddevbox
19:18 * cbrannon[A] is now away - Reason : Lunch
19:19 mtompset joined #koha
19:22 cait joined #koha
19:22 * cait waves
19:22 caroline hi cait!
19:23 caroline training went well?
19:29 cait i hope so :)
19:29 cait tomorrow is the hard part - serials and acq
19:32 nuentoter what the training for?
19:32 nuentoter if you don't mind me asking
19:33 caroline phew, yeah serials and acq are hard to teach (I think it would be hard to teach in any system)
19:35 cait nuentoter: trainign a new library in using Koha
19:36 cait yeah and i think they are not using acq right now, will see ihow it goes tomorrow
19:36 nuentoter oh yeah, thankfully here its only me and one employee that I gotta train on things. can't imagine having to do a full staff
19:39 lukeG joined #koha
19:45 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:54 Margaret joined #koha
20:06 kidclamp bye koha!
20:09 Joubu @later tell kidclamp follow-up attached on bug 15486 to fix GetHardDueDate.t! <3
20:09 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:10 * cait waves
20:12 cait rangi++
20:12 caroline joined #koha
20:15 Joubu Do this bug report makes sense? bug 21651
20:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21651 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Force insert of notices related tables during the install process
20:17 cait i thought they already were mandatory
20:17 cait :)
20:22 Joubu they are in "mandatory", but can be unselected
20:22 Joubu I let you imagine what happens if you do not select them but select notices.sql...
20:25 cait but that's true for all the mandatory
20:25 cait that you can unselect
20:26 cait vpn sec
20:27 cait1 joined #koha
20:27 * CrispyBran is no longer away : Gone for 1 hour 8 minutes 57 seconds
20:27 * CrispyBran waves
21:01 Joubu cait1: others in mandatory are auth_values.sql  class_sources.sql  sample_frequencies.sql  sample_notices.sql  sample_numberpatterns.sql
21:02 cait1 hm i think you don't really NEED any of these... maybe notices as some things don't look good when there is no template
21:02 Joubu they need translation anyway, so cannot be move out of this dir
21:03 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
21:28 cait1 left #koha
21:47 CrispyBran joined #koha
22:01 barton
22:02 caroline barton lol!
22:02 CrispyBran Good luck with that.
22:03 barton Yeah, I should have made it 'REINDEX ZEBRA', but I think 'rebuild' scans better.
22:08 CrispyBran @seen tcohen
22:08 huginn CrispyBran: tcohen was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 21 minutes, and 31 seconds ago: <tcohen> yes, but you might need to generate functions, but hey, this is not the case
22:09 CrispyBran @seen mtompset
22:09 huginn CrispyBran: mtompset was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 9 minutes, and 0 seconds ago: <mtompset>
22:09 CrispyBran @seen Joubu
22:09 huginn CrispyBran: Joubu was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 7 minutes, and 34 seconds ago: <Joubu> they need translation anyway, so cannot be move out of this dir
22:11 CrispyBran @seen rangi
22:11 huginn CrispyBran: rangi was last seen in #koha 1 day, 2 hours, 14 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: <rangi> they have them in australia and i have to go there next month, so maybe i can find it then
22:27 caroline bye #koha!
22:30 irma_ joined #koha
23:00 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
23:03 CrispyBran bye #koha
23:07 Margaret good night #koha
23:11 dcook barton: "This. Is. Koha!"
23:14 dcook Mmm breakfast sandwiches are the best
23:17 barton dcook: I think you need more caps. but it's morning there, so I get it if you're chill.
23:21 irma__ joined #koha
23:24 dcook So chill right now. Stomach full and quite content.
23:28 mtompset Is there like the THX Dolby Digital Theatre surround sound going on with your "This. Is. Koha!"
23:29 mtompset dcook, what do you consider a breakfast sandwich?
23:29 mtompset English muffin, egg (poached or scrambled) and sausage/bacon?
23:30 mtompset possibly with cheddar cheese?
23:30 mtompset maybe on a homemade biscuit or croissant instead?
23:46 dcook Oh I should have said breakfast wrap
23:47 dcook Fried egg, cheese, sausage, bacon, bbq sauce. Maybe something else I'm forgetting.
23:47 dcook Aussies have tasty breakfasts
23:57 dcook joubu mentions wanting to build a background task daemon and dcook just word vomits all over Bugzilla to him... *facepalm*
23:57 * dcook is just so excited at the idea of having proper background job processing
23:58 dcook Or more proper at least
23:58 dcook properer? :p

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary