IRC log for #koha, 2018-09-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:46 ChrisApple joined #koha
01:36 mtompset @seen CrispyBran
01:36 huginn` mtompset: CrispyBran was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 49 minutes, and 42 seconds ago: <CrispyBran> I've been a pest to tcohen lately.  Trying to get zebra fixed in kohadevbox.  Anyone have ideas?  We tried creating a new instance and copying the koha-conf.xml file and updating the info, but no luck.
01:36 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea. You still coughing now? :)
01:36 wizzyrea oy yes :)
01:37 wizzyrea early spring flu/cold thing it's pants.
01:37 mtompset You didn't go to KohaCon?
01:37 wizzyrea was actually non-functional for a week and some change, mostly functional this week but still holding my own sort of hack fest.
01:37 wizzyrea no, family obligations :(
01:38 mtompset I need to be awake and chipper for tomorrow. My colleagues went to KohaCon without telling me. :P
01:38 mtompset Going to be skyping about bug 14385, etc.
01:38 wizzyrea awkward
01:38 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
01:38 wizzyrea oh neat
01:38 mtompset wizzyrea, well, we are remote.
01:39 mtompset So, I don't really have regular meetings and the like with them.
01:39 wizzyrea ah right
01:39 mtompset But a heads up would have been nice. :)
01:39 mtompset Guess I'm not as loveable as I hoped. :)
01:40 mtompset Hope you feel better with the flu/cold thing.
01:40 mtompset It's fall here, and it's started up for me too.
01:41 mtompset (the get sick when I don't want to, and it cycles because ear throat and nose just had to be connected, arg)
01:59 wizzyrea thank you I hope you can avoid the worst of it this winter
02:12 mtompset Thank you. What fun stuff have you been working on lately?
02:12 wizzyrea hm.
02:12 wizzyrea mostly client work really
02:13 wizzyrea stuff that can't go upstream :(
02:13 mtompset can't go upstream? :(
02:13 mtompset That sucks.
02:13 mtompset Plugins? Reports?
02:14 wizzyrea yeah stuff that is special to that library, and not generalisable
02:14 mtompset Hopefully not actual full-blown new functionality.
02:14 mtompset because rebasing is a female dog in heat!
02:19 wizzyrea naw, we always at least try to get new functionality in
02:20 wizzyrea more "make this fancy thing do a dance on my whatever page"
03:09 hjb1 joined #koha
03:27 kohaputti joined #koha
04:20 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha CrispyBran wizzyrea
04:46 edveal joined #koha
04:53 davidnind joined #koha
05:23 sameee joined #koha
05:27 davidnind left #koha
06:14 kohaputti joined #koha
06:24 alex_a joined #koha
06:25 alex_a bonjour
06:34 reiveune joined #koha
06:34 reiveune hello
06:41 irma_ joined #koha
06:50 magnuse joined #koha
07:02 marcelr joined #koha
07:02 marcelr hi #koha
07:04 tuxayo hi #koha o/
07:04 marcelr o/
07:04 tuxayo hi marcelr ! o/
07:05 marcelr still no response on the currency formats?
07:21 tuxayo marcelr: it's been since end fo august that I want to take the time to address everything. And I still can't get rid of enough other bad problems to solve before getting to this one. So I'm worried to miss the 18.11 windows
07:21 tuxayo *window
07:39 marcelr tuxayo: i asked for other qaers and katrin too, but nobody had time apparently sofar
07:40 tuxayo marcelr: thanks for your help :)
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 ashimema which currency one marcelr
07:45 ashimema it may already be on my list, but I could bump it up a bit today..
07:46 tuxayo ashimema bug 12310
07:46 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12310 major, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Failed QA , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines
07:47 ashimema oh.. that one hasn't made it to my list.. but I do remember having a very brief look already
07:47 ashimema I'll get myself back up to speed on it this morning
07:47 marcelr ashimema++
07:48 ashimema ooh.. I remember.. yeah.. I had the same funny feeling about CurrencyFormat and DecimalSeparators..
07:48 ashimema I'll need to get myself up to speed on how those two already work
07:53 ashimema there's just too many bugs to keep up with ;)
07:58 ashimema tuxayo, when I bz  applied I found the patch `Fix typo: unformating => unformatting` didn't need to be applied.. or rather git bz claimed it didn't change anything to I skipped it
07:58 ashimema wonder if you've fixed it already in a prior patch during a rebase at some point
07:59 tuxayo ashimema, hum strange, I'll check that
07:59 ashimema odd.. just checked the files manually and the spelling it out
07:59 ashimema I'll try again.. perhaps I mis-read git-bz or something
08:01 ashimema nice use of koala's in the test plan btw ;)
08:02 ashimema ah.. no.. I did entirely misread it
08:02 * ashimema sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/med[…]NdHrjWjIkLVWWQTFp >
08:03 ashimema so.. it's a sha1 issue
08:03 ashimema really odd
08:04 ashimema it's a rebasing issue possibly
08:05 ashimema do you still have a branch with all the patches as a set?
08:05 ashimema try rebasing it on master and re-uploading the patches (there are some minor requirements in the rebase.. just a few additions of the `| html` filter in a few places ;)
08:16 ashimema OK.. think I sorted it for you
08:17 ashimema required the manual application of the patch in question using `patch -p1 < /tmp/patchfile.patch` followed by a manual merge fix for the bad hunks and a bz apply --continue
08:17 ashimema as a general rule.. try to re-upload all the patches when you add followups.. it's easy to rebase and forget you've done so before uploading the followups.. I tihnk that's what happened here looking at the dates on the commits.
08:18 ashimema s/commits/patches/
08:18 ashimema on bugzilla
08:20 tuxayo thanks a lot ashimema!
08:21 tuxayo ashimema: I'm trying to only reupload the modified patch. But it seems that some errors went through.
08:23 tuxayo thanks ^^
08:29 reiveune joined #koha
08:29 magnuse joined #koha
08:29 alex_a joined #koha
08:29 janPasi_ joined #koha
08:29 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:29 davidnind[m] joined #koha
08:29 ashimema joined #koha
08:29 rkrimme1 joined #koha
08:29 Joubu joined #koha
08:29 paxed joined #koha
09:12 jamsheer joined #koha
09:13 tuxayo ashimema you can have both separators. But then, dont use one of them to be a thousands separators
09:13 tuxayo Could the syspref help text be changed in any way to help?
09:15 tuxayo Isn't that the only solution to handle multiple values?
09:16 tuxayo The defaut value«,.» is a multiple value
09:48 tuxayo ashimema «is there a precident for requireing multiple values?»
09:48 tuxayo During the last hackfest after talking to enough devs and librarians, I couldn't not put that in the requirements :(
10:09 reiveune joined #koha
10:09 magnuse joined #koha
10:09 alex_a joined #koha
10:09 janPasi_ joined #koha
10:09 AnnaBoten joined #koha
10:09 davidnind[m] joined #koha
10:09 ashimema joined #koha
10:09 rkrimme1 joined #koha
10:09 Joubu joined #koha
10:09 paxed joined #koha
10:25 ashimema hmm.. so much as I think there's a nicer solution out there I don't think there's anything to fail the patch over here..
10:26 ashimema and.. I don't have the time to submit a better proposal so I think I'll go ahead and pass it...
10:31 tuxayo ashimema
10:31 tuxayo > something akin to how you enter amounts in 'other amount' on the 'Presets' example here: http://uipatterns.io/currency-input/presets would be my prefered aproach
10:31 tuxayo On needs also to be able to paste a value. I'm not sure that's compatible with this aproach
10:37 tuxayo > where the syspref we expose is a 'template' for what monetary values should look like including locations of decimal and thausand separators and what they are.
10:37 tuxayo "where" → "what" right?
10:37 tuxayo We might not want to start considering the location right?
10:40 tuxayo > requireing multiple values
10:40 tuxayo > that really surprises me
10:40 tuxayo The case where Koha instances used with computer with not the same locale setting (and the same char outputed from the ,/. on the numpad)
10:40 tuxayo And libraries with international personel that might have their habbits
10:44 ashimema ack.. pasting
10:44 ashimema ok
10:44 ashimema can we use input masks perhaps?
10:44 ashimema i.e. the html5 `pattern` attribute?
10:45 ashimema https://www.w3schools.com/Tags[…]input_pattern.asp
10:47 ashimema anoyther surprise to me that people paste this stuff
10:50 ashimema I'm inclined to agree with marcelr at the moment really.. I really don't like that the user can input one thing then later be displayed something entirely different because of the two distinct system preferences.
11:12 sonOfRa joined #koha
11:39 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:52 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:08 * tuxayo sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/med[…]dTdvJoryMxcnxyTRZ >
12:11 tuxayo ashimema thanks for your feedback I'll respond in the bugzilla
12:11 ashimema sorry it's not more positive :(
12:11 * ashimema is feeling really guilty and mean
12:13 ashimema my general feeling comes down to "We should be validating this input and ensuring it's of the right form rather than coercing various forms".. It's really important the user and computer agree on what's been input.
12:14 ashimema I have asked cait in a PM to raise it during their hackfest fun today though..
12:15 tuxayo ashimema: «feeling really guilty and mean» You should not if your concerns are real. It's moves the bug forward because most of the wait was for input from someone else.
12:17 ashimema indeed.. though I know exactly what it feels like having a patch pushed back on over and over.. this one's been round the houses allot already
12:20 tuxayo > this one's been round the houses allot already
12:20 tuxayo ashimema: It's not that bad. We have bug 15395 :P
12:20 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=15395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Internationalization: plural forms, context, and more
12:23 * ashimema roles up his sleaves and gets back to what he was meant to be doing this morning.. oops ;)
12:24 tuxayo > my general feeling comes down to "We should be validating this input and ensuring it's of the right form rather than coercing various forms".. It's really important the user and computer agree on what's been input.
12:24 tuxayo ashimema: here we have the functionnal constraint on accepting various format on the same instance.
12:24 tuxayo But yes coercing isn't great
12:25 ashimema mmm, but I don't think it's reasonable for users to expect the computer to guess which format they're using.. we should rather be encouraging/enforcing the right format is used by the user.
12:25 ashimema perhaps I'm over simplifying
12:26 ashimema but I nearly always push for 'correct' rather than 'easy on the user'.. the users won't be so easy on the computer when the math is all wrong ;)
12:27 ashimema there are 'nice' ways to apply masks.. one's that keep the user informed
12:27 ashimema I think that's probably the best approach
12:27 ashimema I must admit.. i've not really had to deal with multiple users in the same library wanting to be able to use differing input styles.. it seems like a really strange requirement to me.
12:28 ashimema I presume it's for libraries near international borders mostly?
12:29 ashimema like a library in Limburg area of holland perhaps.. where you're only a stones throw away from germany, france and belgium
12:30 * ashimema us brits have it easy ;)
12:38 mtompset joined #koha
12:39 mtompset Greetings, #koha
12:44 tuxayo ashimema I'm focusing on getting rid of x100 or /100 of the amounts + decimal part truncation.
12:44 tuxayo I can't in a reasonable time put up a great UX + handle most cases. That might be better to refine out decimal number handling in various steps.
12:44 tuxayo Considering how complicated the problem is and that a perfect solution will take year to get enough resources and get into master.
12:44 tuxayo > mmm, but I don't think it's reasonable for users to expect the computer to guess which format they're using.. we should rather be encouraging/enforcing the right format is used by the user.
12:44 tuxayo That's what I tried to push most of the time during the last hackfest. Until accepting that it should be a requierement. ^^"
12:44 * tuxayo sent a long message:  < https://matrix.org/_matrix/med[…]mBQsMfwJKCyjtmZWc >
12:45 ashimema fair enough
12:45 tuxayo «same library wanting to be able to use differing input styles»
12:45 tuxayo Or just having on or many compters in english because a bug or "historical reasons"
12:47 ashimema not sure I understood that last one
12:48 ashimema what I'd like to see is only digits being able to be input.. that way you don't have to worry about allowing any other stray chars which may creep in because of keyboard mappings..
12:48 ashimema the mask would input the ,.£$GBP USD etc for you.
12:48 ashimema time is always a factor :'(
12:51 tuxayo ashimema A french library could for have one or many computers with a french keyboard but an english locale. So "." in the numpad wouldn't input ","
12:51 tuxayo > the mask would input the ,.£$GBP USD etc for you.
12:51 tuxayo And then the pasting case comes and ruins the party :(
12:51 davidnind joined #koha
12:52 ashimema mm, pasting is a hard one
12:52 tuxayo That happened like five times during the hackfest when I though I had found the solution. I really didn't want to go with the solution in bug 12310
12:52 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12310 major, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Failed QA , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines
12:52 ashimema but again.. I've not witnessed that usage myself.. and actually.. just scrubbing out non numerics could still work
12:53 ashimema lol.. sounds like we're on the same line here.. only you've already exhausted all the options
12:53 ashimema lets see what cait says.. I'll bug her this afternoon when they're all at hackfest ;)
13:00 tuxayo > just scrubbing out non numerics could still work
13:00 tuxayo It could make the mask solution works with pasting. (if the pasted number has always two decimals) But then there are the cases when one just want to input a round number without a decimal part.
13:00 tuxayo And the currencies without a decimal part and the currencies with three decimal parts.
13:00 tuxayo 🎉🎈💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥
13:01 ashimema I'm envisioning a configurable mask.. one per currency
13:02 ashimema but yeah.. the whole number, no decimal bit on paste is still a fail
13:02 ashimema grr
13:02 ashimema when are people pasting :(
13:03 tuxayo > I'm envisioning a configurable mask.. one per currency
13:03 tuxayo 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
13:03 ashimema well right now.. with the CurrencyFormat we are hard coded to three.. FR, US, CH
13:04 ashimema we could just do the three end to end and we'd still be in a better place
13:04 ashimema mwah.. my brain hurts ;)
13:04 tuxayo > when are people pasting :(
13:04 tuxayo In acquisition when copy from another software, an invoice email, a PDF
13:05 ashimema ack.. but we're only talking accounts right now aren't we.. fines etc
13:05 tuxayo Or maybe from someone else in Koha? I'm not sure about that usecase
13:05 ashimema mmm
13:05 ashimema hense my asking cait.. she has a bunch of people in the room to ask ;)
13:06 ashimema lets wait for their response.. I'm happy to back down.. just need a little more pursuading and qa people ;)
13:08 mtompset joined #koha
13:08 mtompset Greetings again, #koha. Silly network.
13:09 tuxayo o/ mtompset:
13:09 tuxayo > we're only talking accounts right now aren't we
13:09 tuxayo ashimema: The idea is to have a consistent behavior in the whole program. To not be confusing.
13:09 tuxayo I think I had to convince someone to not change too much pages at once to keep the bugzilla not too big. The follow up will be bug 18723
13:09 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18723 critical, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, BLOCKED , Dot not recognized as decimal separator
13:09 mtompset Greetings, tuxayo
13:09 ashimema cheers.. I was hoping that was the case
13:11 mtompset Are you two at KohaCon? Or are you missing the fun too?
13:11 mtompset Greetings, ashimema
13:11 ashimema missing the fun :'(
13:14 tuxayo > lets see what cait says.. I'll bug her this afternoon when they're all at hackfest ;)
13:14 tuxayo Definitely, we talked a lot about that issue during the last hacking
13:16 tuxayo mtompset missing the fun too ^^"
13:16 tuxayo And trying to throw some important and complicated bugzillas hard enough so that they will fall in Portland.
13:17 ashimema hehe
13:25 magnuse may the hackfest Fix All The Things!
13:25 tuxayo magnuse++
13:28 tuxayo > stock exchanges in the United States used eighths or sixteenths of dollars, until converting to decimals between September 2000 and April 2001.[14]
13:28 tuxayo > Similarly, in the UK, the prices of government securities continued to be quoted in multiples of ​1⁄32 of a pound (​7 1⁄2 d or ​3 1⁄8 p) long after the currency was decimalised.
13:28 tuxayo ashimema oh good thing these thing were only limited to these niches and we never had to deal with these.
13:30 ashimema oh god, that would have been aweful!
13:30 ashimema though.. the rounding errors bug does sort of 'go there'.. which is scary
13:30 ashimema floating point and rounding fun scares me.. that bug is one i've dipped into a few times now and always come back out the other end screaming
13:35 kmlussier joined #koha
13:38 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:38 Freddy_Enrique Hi all!
13:39 Freddy_Enrique how are things going?
13:39 mtompset magnuse!
13:40 mtompset Could you sign off bug 16690?
13:40 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16690 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Remote DB installation is less secure.
13:40 mtompset Because then you could also sign off bug 17237
13:40 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17237 minor, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Stop koha-create from creating MySQL users without host restriction
13:41 mtompset Then we can finally be rid of the '%' cases.
13:41 magnuse sorry, i'm running late with setting up a prod instance for a customer...
13:45 mtompset Not a problem. Just thought I'd mention it. :)
13:45 magnuse mtompset++ for trying :-)
14:10 mtompset @seen Joubu
14:10 huginn` mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 1 day, 15 hours, 2 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <Joubu> yes
14:13 mtompset Anyone want an "easy" sign off?
14:13 mtompset bug 21281 -- it's a blocker, and it isn't hard to test.
14:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21281 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Label Template - Creation not working
14:13 mtompset I can't sign off, because I submitted a patch on it.
14:27 mtompset Hey, tuxayo! Have a sign off. ;) bug 20915
14:27 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20915 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Signed Off , Use date --iso-8601 instead of date +%Y-%m-%d to be more readable and crontab friendly
14:32 tuxayo <_oftc_mtomps "Hey, tuxayo! Have a sign off. ;)"> mtompset: thanks! ❤
14:41 mtompset By the way, does anyone know how to confirm xml doc changes?
14:41 mtompset @seen LeeJ
14:41 huginn` mtompset: LeeJ was last seen in #koha 1 week, 2 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes, and 50 seconds ago: <LeeJ> have a good night all..back to work!
14:57 mtompset @seen tcohen
14:57 huginn` mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 1 day, 16 hours, 38 minutes, and 0 seconds ago: <tcohen> ere: can you give me a pointer to your API docs?
15:12 KLEDBETTER joined #koha
15:13 reiveune bye
15:13 reiveune left #koha
15:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:28 CrispyBran joined #koha
15:28 CrispyBran Good morning #koha and HackFest!
15:32 oleonard joined #koha
15:32 oleonard Hi #koha
15:36 mtompset Greetings, CrispyBran oleonard
15:37 mtompset Hopefully you got more sleep than I, CrispyBran. :)
15:38 cait joined #koha
15:39 mtompset Greetings, cait
15:44 pastebot "mtompset" at 127.0.0.1 pasted "Do these look like the things we fixed last night, CrispyBran?" (8 lines) at http://paste.koha-community.org/71
15:44 mtompset CrispyBran ^^
15:47 cait2 joined #koha
16:01 mtompset Greetings, cait2?
16:06 davidnind joined #koha
16:11 tcohen morning!
16:11 mtompset CrispyBran, started tracing the problem in the koha-conf.xml
16:11 mtompset Greetings, tcohen!
16:11 tcohen good catch, mtompset
16:12 edveal joined #koha
16:12 mtompset which catch?
16:12 mtompset bug 19465?
16:12 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19465 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Patch doesn't apply , Allow choosing Elasticsearch server on instance creation
16:13 tcohen dispute
16:13 mtompset Oh that one. :)
16:14 mtompset BTW, tcohen... I helped CrispyBran through his koha-conf.xml issues with the devbox last night.
16:15 mtompset I was noticing there is a huge difference between etc/koha-conf.xml and debian/template/koha-conf.xml.in
16:15 mtompset things that were being replaced are no longer, because of bug 14302
16:15 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=14302 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove GRS1 indexing related code
16:16 mtompset but somewhere in the packaging, I think the koha-conf.xml file is grabbing from the wrong thing and not substituting.
16:19 tcohen mtompset: I pushed a fix for that already
16:19 tcohen kohadevbox incorrectly uses a template one that gets outdated easily
16:20 tcohen I put it in sync
16:20 tcohen but it would be great to get rid of the template
16:22 mtompset When did you push it?
16:22 irma_ joined #koha
16:23 mtompset BTW, I love the column_exists check you have on your atomic update for bug 20777
16:23 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20777 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Remove unused field accountlines.dispute
16:31 mtompset The reason I ask about when is because I did a vagrant up xenial yesterday, and the config file still had the same problems.
16:33 ashimema cait2.. I want cait back
16:34 ashimema evil clone :P
16:34 tcohen mtompset: git pull on kohadevbox
16:35 Joubu Hi from Portland
16:35 mtompset it says it's already up to date.
16:35 tcohen do we know you Joubu?
16:35 calire joined #koha
16:35 * mtompset grins.
16:36 tcohen mtompset: the template file should be up to date if you provision a new box, or reprovision
16:36 tcohen the only thing to keep in mind is that
16:36 tcohen if the instance exists, then it is not re-created
16:36 mtompset what template file... just to check.
16:36 tcohen you can koha-remove kohadev
16:36 tcohen and reprovision
16:37 tcohen roles/kohadevbox/templates/koha-conf...
16:37 mtompset That one still has the problem.
16:37 Joubu @later tell kidclamp idea for later today or tomorrow: librarians should think about bugs driving their nuts all day long
16:37 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:37 tcohen what problem?
16:37 tcohen ah
16:38 tcohen bummer
16:38 tcohen have you
16:38 SoniaB joined #koha
16:38 Joubu @later tell kidclamp and maybe we could fix few quickly
16:38 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:38 tcohen git remote set-url origin gitlab…
16:38 SoniaB hello!
16:38 tcohen hola SoniaB
16:38 mtompset tcohen, already did that.
16:39 mtompset though, I hacked the config file directly.
16:40 tcohen what problem do you see in the template file?
16:40 mtompset ah... git remote update -p triggered something... let me see....
16:40 tcohen I could've missed something
16:41 mtompset nope... the __START_... stuff is still there.
16:42 tcohen git fetch ; git reset —hard origin/master
16:43 tcohen the only __START that's in there
16:43 tcohen is the 'publicserver' one
16:43 mtompset Let me check for the OTHER issues....
16:43 mtompset Because that reset hard looks like it did the job.
16:44 SoniaB here is a trello to follow the tests : https://trello.com/b/8EZBrFYR/kohacon18-hackfest
16:44 oleonard joined #koha
16:46 wahanui joined #koha
16:48 paul_p joined #koha
16:48 caroline_ joined #koha
16:49 mtompset tcohen, Nope... all is fixed.
16:49 mtompset Though, why did you remove the indexing mode entries?
16:49 mtompset why not just leave them as dom?
16:50 bag good morning from the hackfest
16:50 tcohen morning bag
16:50 tcohen mtompset: as part of bug 14302
16:50 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=14302 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove GRS1 indexing related code
16:50 SoniaB morning
16:51 mtompset Right... but they might be handy when someone decides to index another way... or is zebra dead, and we are moving to elasticsearch only eventually?
16:51 tcohen we don't support GRS-1 mode as it is abandoned a lot of years already by indexdata
16:52 Joubu @later tell kidclamp we should also bring some people here (irc)
16:52 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:54 mtompset I was hoping to see my colleagues online shortly. Turns out they made it to the KohaCon. :)
16:58 bag sb1.sandboxes.bywatersolutions.com
17:01 SoniaB is there any devs who want to work on the circulation rules reorganising : https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 ?
17:01 huginn` Bug 15522: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, BLOCKED , New interface for revamped circulation rules
17:02 Joubu SoniaB: you should open the dependency tree and test blocking bugs
17:02 Joubu SoniaB:
17:02 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=15522
17:02 Joubu The orange boxes
17:02 cait2 Joubu: i put the splitting callnumbers one on the board
17:03 rangi ive started the scoreboard up again
17:03 cait2 at the momen it doesn't apply because of the filters in the templates, but maybe don't rebase until needed?
17:03 cait2 rangi++
17:05 mtompset Greetings, Joubu rangi cait2 bag SoniaB
17:05 mtompset (may have doubled greeted, but hey, that never hurts)
17:06 SoniaB joubu: I found the fist one wich block the others : Bug 18887- Introduce new table 'circulation_rules', use for 'max_holds' rules
17:07 SoniaB joubu : I'm gonna test it
17:09 mtompset Might I request bug 16690 and 17237 be added?
17:09 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=16690 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Remote DB installation is less secure.
17:10 cait2 hi mtompset :)
17:11 kidclamp joined #koha
17:12 mtompset Greetings, kidclamp
17:17 cait2 https://trello.com/b/8EZBrFYR/kohacon18-hackfest
17:20 mtompset How do I add things to the "Needs" column?
17:21 kidclamp https://trello.com/b/8EZBrFYR/kohacon18-hackfest
17:21 lukeG joined #koha
17:21 mtompset kidclamp, I'm logged in, but can't.
17:22 fridolin joined #koha
17:27 SoniaB if someone needs to be add to the trello, email me : sonia.bouis@univ-lyon3.fr
17:31 andreashm joined #koha
17:32 mtompset rangi++ # for signing off that blocker. :)
17:35 mtompset Thank you, SoniaB. :)
17:36 mtompset SoniaB++ # for adding me to trello. :)
17:40 caroline_ Hackfest ppl : Documentation workshop this afternoon at 2pm, seek me out
17:42 kidclamp tiny.cc/hackfest2018
17:42 kidclamp shortcut to trello
17:43 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
17:47 mtompset And the likelihood that I'm going to be around for a discussion with my colleagues is dropping. It's 1:46pm here, and I leave at 3:30pm.
17:47 * mtompset sighs.
17:55 denials joined #koha
18:00 ashimema Mmm, the time difference is a killer.. I was clocking off and busy with family time as the conference lot came online most days this week.. stuck unable to really contribute much again tonight too
18:01 ashimema On that note, have fun hackfest people.. I'm cracking to pen the beer and cooking tea now.
18:04 mtompset Yep, time difference is a killer.
18:04 mtompset Have fun, ashimema.
18:07 fridolin joined #koha
18:12 edveal joined #koha
18:13 mtompset I'll be doing a system upgrade tonight, I suppose if bug 18887 is still around by then, I might look at it. :)
18:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18887 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Introduce new table 'circulation_rules', use for 'max_holds' rules
18:20 caroline_ ashimema: I sent a box of cookies back with Andrew, Janet and Jonathan, it should make its way back to you :)
18:21 andreashm I should have sent cookies too. =)
18:21 andreashm ashimema: don't forget bug 19469!
18:21 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19469 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add ability to split view of holds view on record by pickup library and/or itemtype
18:45 * fridolin brown hat ;)
19:02 mtompset @seen paxed
19:02 huginn` mtompset: paxed was last seen in #koha 3 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes, and 34 seconds ago: <paxed> tcohen: ah. i don't use the devbox, so i was guesstimating from vague memory
19:02 paxed mtompset: yes?
19:02 mtompset Bug 21288 :)
19:02 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21288 minor, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Signed Off , Slowness in acquisition caused by GetInvoices
19:03 mtompset Thought you might appreciate that. :)
19:04 ashimema Ooh, thanks for the reminder in 19469.. it is indeed on my list but was one I'd forgotten about..
19:05 ashimema And.. thankyou for the cookies 😁
19:05 paxed mtompset: ah. thanks :) (although that one doesn't solve the real problem - i can't recall if i submitted the bug and fix for the actual acq workflow slowness)
19:06 paxed and i cba right now, it's friday evening ;)
19:13 mtompset paxed, workflow testing is a pain. That patch was easy to test. :)
19:14 mtompset Because the patch doesn't require actually testing acquisitions, but rather does it upgrade and does it create the index key. :)
19:17 paxed mtompset: yup. but our cataloguers were tearing their hair out with how slow it was - waiting a minute for a page load... now it's just a second or two
19:18 paxed s/cataloguers/acq ppl/ i guess, although in this case it was the same person ...
19:19 paxed mtompset: but i'd be really happy if bug 11175 got in...
19:19 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Needs Signoff , Show the parent record's component parts in the detailed views.
19:22 * paxed zaps a wand of teleportation at himself
19:28 SoniaB kohacon people, are some of you intersted in having a look to Portland University Library. I think, I'll go near 4:30 PM, with my Koha Tshirt to make some adverstising ;)
19:31 mtompset paxed, that bug is ugly... I may look at it later.
19:31 mtompset No promises.
19:31 mtompset Have a great day, #koha paxed
19:32 fridolin joined #koha
19:33 fridolin wahanui: how are u ?
19:33 wahanui fridolin: bugger all, i dunno
19:48 ncbaratta joined #koha
19:49 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21233: (QA follow-up) It is not only trailing whitespace characters <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]dddce212b63738582>
19:49 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: DBRev 18.06.028 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]a6905c2cf91fab1db>
19:49 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: (QA follow-up) Disable priority pulldowns when using split holds queue <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]c2f03d923b095130d>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: (RM follow-up) Add filters and fix variable name <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]386bd37ed1cc671d7>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21324: Fix column defs and spans <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]7680c43f2b10de87e>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13779: (QA follow-up) Correct checkauth call in offline_circ/download.pl <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]7e5f450d018d8e07b>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21293: Remove another misplaced html filter on housebound.tt <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]dd5ce064f4201a79c>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21293: Display of housebound delivery information broken by Bug 13618 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]3860f968bea5b82a9>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21233: (QA follow-up) We do not like the plural form of whitespace <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]a125bd8d8f9eb04e6>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21248: Fix COinS carp in MARC details page on unknown record <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]ee5d655afd3bed05b>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21233: Add Koha::Exceptions::Password <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]911d9030419cc9700>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21233: Unit tests <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]e7b6491a7e82b958a>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21127: Remove jqTransform jQuery plugin from the OPAC <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]f61b3f4972a48ed10>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13779: sessionID declared twice in C4::Auth::checkauth() <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]2888a4017b2ce9c3a>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: (QA follow-up) When altering priorities, use the existing priority numbers... <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]66a2e608256904da8>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: (QA follow-up) Use hold item's itemtype if available, fix priority changing <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]1ebd296f18f3ef8a5>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: Remove use of Dumper on request.tt <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]77fe1d163b22bf3e2>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: (follow-up) Use patron-title.inc as proposed by bug 18403 <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]34d2ef73b8fbbac81>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: Clean up template whitespace <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]64a3819965c8a2831>
19:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19469: Add ability to split view of holds view on record by pickup library and... <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]8762c4bb71df77b16>
20:13 magnuse joined #koha
20:19 jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #41: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/41/
20:19 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #553: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/553/
20:26 cait joined #koha
20:28 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #47: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/47/
20:35 edveal joined #koha
20:37 lukeG joined #koha
20:37 calire joined #koha
20:41 calire1 joined #koha
20:50 SoniaB joined #koha
20:52 CrispyBran joined #koha
20:56 cait2 joined #koha
21:02 edveal joined #koha
21:12 Joubu tcohen: https://github.com/Libriotech/koha-pluginstarter
21:23 cait2 kidclamp: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=18723
21:23 huginn` Bug 18723: critical, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, NEW , Dot not recognized as decimal separator on receive
21:24 oleonard joined #koha
21:35 Joubu tcohen, khall (not connected), kidclamp, rangi, cait2, others: I'd like to have a discussion about the "what's on in koha-devel" email, how we could have people contributing to it (I do not want to continue alone)
21:45 CrispyBran_ joined #koha
21:50 edveal joined #koha
21:59 tcohen Joubu: whenever you want
22:08 paul_p joined #koha
22:27 Demo joined #koha
22:28 sher joined #koha
22:57 caroline_ joined #koha
23:07 edveal joined #koha
23:15 shfuhxdi joined #koha
23:19 rangi calire1: i got that recalls to rebase finally
23:25 fridolin joined #koha
23:28 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21233: (follow-up) POD fix <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]0644fb48db7853df2>
23:28 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19179: (QA follow-up) Replace second E-mail <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]55365ea563949b4bb>
23:28 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21334: Add bibliographic content type definitions <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]28664fbd1d8cb7812>
23:28 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21334: Unit tests <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]9eea4c7cc540e3fce>
23:28 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 19179: Email option for SMSSendDriver is not documented <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]d1880f1e906d0e74c>
23:40 kidclamp ere bug 21006
23:40 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=21006 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , GetMarcBiblio is slow for records with many items
23:44 cait2 left #koha
23:48 calire1 left #koha
23:49 kidclamp Joubu: canwe have that conversation tomorrow? or over beers
23:50 Joubu whenever you want :)
23:54 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #554: UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/554/
23:56 fridolin left #koha
23:56 jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #42: UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/42/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary