IRC log for #koha, 2018-07-11

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:24 kathryn joined #koha
00:28 kellym joined #koha
01:03 kellym_ joined #koha
01:14 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
02:06 kellym joined #koha
02:15 talljoy joined #koha
05:58 chris joined #koha
06:13 calire joined #koha
06:25 laurence joined #koha
06:28 fridolin joined #koha
06:28 fridolin hi there
06:37 laurence joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:42 laurence joined #koha
06:43 alex_a joined #koha
06:44 alex_a bonjour
06:54 sophie_m joined #koha
06:57 ashimema mornin'
07:00 laurence joined #koha
07:09 laurence joined #koha
07:16 paul_p joined #koha
07:30 cait joined #koha
07:30 greenjimll joined #koha
07:38 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:38 gaetan_B hello
07:40 nlegrand Salut #koha
07:40 nlegrand coucou gaetan_B
08:12 cait oh hey gaetan_B!
08:12 cait and nlegrand :)
09:30 alex_a joined #koha
09:31 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:28 laurence left #koha
10:30 ncbaratta joined #koha
10:57 fridolin left #koha
11:00 fridolin joined #koha
11:55 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:11 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:22 kidclamp hi all!
12:39 fridolin left #koha
12:55 kmlussier joined #koha
13:10 fridolin joined #koha
13:33 georgew joined #koha
13:51 cc_ joined #koha
13:55 d_antonakis joined #koha
13:59 thd joined #koha
13:59 kidclamp meeting time?
14:00 ashimema ooh..
14:00 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 11 July 2018
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 11 14:00:25 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_11_july_2018'
14:00 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
14:00 ashimema so it is..
14:00 * ashimema had entirely forgotten
14:00 kidclamp #info kidclamp
14:00 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:00 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize
14:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York
14:01 kidclamp no wahanui?
14:01 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe
14:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:01 calire left #koha
14:02 eythian wahanui sends apologies
14:02 thd Who has access to  restart wahanui?
14:02 kidclamp joubu, fridolin, jajm, alex_a_ , khall
14:02 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:03 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:03 * fridolin waves to everybody
14:03 cait thd: have you checked the wiki?
14:03 thd cait: What do you mean?
14:03 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
14:03 kidclamp anybody?
14:04 georgew #info George Williams NEKLS
14:04 cait thd: we have a list of sites/services and who cares for them
14:04 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
14:04 georgew There is a Koha-US meeting at 10:30 US Central time this morning
14:04 NateC joined #koha
14:04 d_antonakis #info Dimitris Antonakis, Greece
14:04 thd cait: I had not thought to check there, thanks.
14:05 kidclamp lets be quick then georgew :-)
14:05 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:05 NateC #info Nate Curulla, ByWater
14:05 kidclamp lasty call for announcements?
14:05 georgew Sorry, I was in the other room when the meeting started
14:05 kidclamp heh, not  a complaint, just encouragement
14:05 georgew Koha-US https://kslib.zoom.us/j/450230564​, but I'm not sure of the time UTC  It's in 85 minutes
14:06 georgew Anyone is welcome
14:06 kidclamp #info Koha US meeting at 15:30 UTC - all are welcome -  https://kslib.zoom.us/j/450230564
14:06 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
14:06 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
14:07 kidclamp fridolin?
14:07 fridolin for 17.11.x nothing special
14:07 fridolin lots of nice backports
14:08 jzairo joined #koha
14:08 ashimema I'm aiming for string freeze on the 15th as usual.. if you push anything to master before then I'll try and keep up ;)
14:08 kidclamp #info 17.11 moving along and getting  nice backports
14:08 ashimema loads of bugs fixed it feels :)
14:08 kidclamp #info 18.05 following master bug fixes, string freeze on 15th as usual
14:08 fridolin same day for string freeze
14:09 kidclamp I will push more in the next few days to allow for catching up before string freeze
14:09 ashimema barton wanted/requested a bug get backrpoted to 17.11 which wasn't trivial.. did you get back to him Frido
14:09 ashimema (or ask the original author to backport it?)
14:09 kidclamp I am pushign bugs first, and looking at features - SCSS are on my list for testing soon, will coordinate with oleonard to avoid conflict as possible
14:09 ashimema bug 20977 I tihnk
14:09 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20977 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Javascript vars used in confirm_deletion in catalog.js do not match strings in catalog-strings.inc
14:10 kidclamp #info kidclamp continuting pushing, looking at SCSS patches soon
14:10 fridolin ashimema: ah i missed this
14:10 fridolin thanks
14:10 fridolin 17.05 has got major bugs, i notices translation was nearly the same last release
14:11 kidclamp should it be avoided Fridolin? or needs attention?
14:12 fridolin kidclamp: 17.05 ?
14:12 kidclamp yup
14:12 fridolin oh no I think it means its very stable
14:13 fridolin you agree ?
14:13 kidclamp ? but it has major bugs?
14:13 ashimema You've announced an end of life for it haven't you already Fridolin?
14:13 ashimema I think we just both misread that kidclamp
14:13 kidclamp or you mean, major bugfixes
14:13 fridolin kidclamp: no I mean bugfixes indeed ;)
14:13 ashimema think he means he's been backporting all major bugs, but ntohing else :)
14:13 kidclamp hehe, I understand now
14:13 ashimema so not.. 'got major bugs' but 'backported all major bugfixes'
14:14 fridolin I think end of life for sptembre
14:14 ashimema yup
14:14 fridolin yep i have anounced that in last release
14:14 * ashimema steps out for the school run.. brb
14:14 kidclamp #info 17.05 has received major bugfixes and is scheduled for end of support in september
14:14 ashimema :)
14:14 kidclamp There is nothing else on the agenda
14:14 fridolin btw dont hesitate to mail me for pointing backports
14:15 kidclamp and we have dev meeting in 45 minutes
14:15 fridolin im late on reading bugzilla mails
14:15 kidclamp #info Submit any proposals for Kohacon now :-)
14:15 cait update from qa?
14:15 Joubu I use the cc field and 'xx_candidates' keyword
14:16 kidclamp cait - now or during dev?
14:16 kidclamp shoudl have just combined :-)
14:16 cait ok, just confused :)
14:17 cait just wanted to say that they are a lot of bugs, waiting for either sign-off or qa
14:17 cait i've done some sign-offs, so can't qa a lot of them now, but there are still over 50 in the queue
14:17 cait some major
14:17 cait so please all... test test test
14:18 cait especially witht he string freeze coming up again soon
14:18 kidclamp #info We need movement on the NSO queue, many bugs to be tested, including some majors
14:19 lukeG joined #koha
14:19 kidclamp Anyone else?
14:21 kidclamp Next meeting: August 1, 2018 20UTC?
14:21 NateC left #koha
14:22 Joubu yep
14:22 thd good
14:24 ashimema +1
14:25 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 1 August 2018, 20 UTC
14:25 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:25 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
14:25 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 11 14:25:31 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
14:25 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-11-14.00.html
14:25 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-07-11-14.00.txt
14:25 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]11-14.00.log.html
14:25 kidclamp thanks all
14:26 thd kidclamp: NSO? # I have forgotten the acronym
14:27 kidclamp Needs Sign Off
14:28 thd kidclamp: Yes, I had not quite turned it in my mind.
14:28 * thd has been up too late sorting a bank account fraud.
14:59 kidclamp meeting time again :-)
15:00 barton break it down!
15:00 * cait waves
15:00 ashimema Lol
15:00 * barton imagines kidclamp in hammer pants. enjoys.
15:01 cait hehe
15:01 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 11 15:01:10 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_11_july_2018'
15:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:01 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize
15:01 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe
15:01 barton #info Barton Chittenden, , ByWater Solutions
15:02 barton s/, ,/,/
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03 beatsforthemind joined #koha
15:03 beatsforthemind Hello!
15:04 kidclamp #chair Cait
15:04 huginn Current chairs: Cait kidclamp
15:04 cait hey, where did we stop? ah yep
15:04 beatsforthemind Is a meeting in progress here? Is this a bad time for questions?
15:04 cait #topic Announcements
15:05 cait beatsforthemind: we just started an IRC meeting, but i think it won't take too long, if you want to wait
15:05 beatsforthemind ok, can do, thanks!
15:05 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:05 cait any announcementsß
15:05 cait ?
15:07 Joubu sounds like a "no"
15:07 cait ah sorry, handling too many things
15:07 cait moving on
15:08 cait #topic Update from the release manager 18.11
15:08 kidclamp that's me!
15:08 fridolin left #koha
15:08 ashimema String freees on the 15th for maintanence releases :)
15:09 kidclamp I am working on pushing bugs and new features, trying to clear css changes to make way for testing SCSS patches
15:09 * ashimema is also juggling too much and missed the window
15:09 kidclamp #info RM pushign bugs and working towards SCSS patches
15:09 kidclamp please keep an eye on ES patches and discussion, we have some good movement, would like ot see that continue
15:10 cait it#s hard to QA when they are signed off but actually are in discussion
15:10 cait i think we need to make some decisions :)
15:10 kidclamp any other refactoring and large chanegs should be prioritized as well to give time for testing before release
15:10 cait and maybe fix them later if we went the wrong way ;)
15:10 kidclamp would really like to see stock rotation, recalls, mana
15:11 cait any updates from rmaints or just repeating? we coudl then skip to general development directly maybe
15:11 kidclamp if they are in discussion they shoudl be marked so we can weigh in
15:11 cait true
15:11 ashimema stock rotation ++ # it's ready for QA again
15:11 cait is anyone willing to tackle them?
15:11 cait with docs patches submitted as well
15:12 cait stock rotation is not a thing here, so i am not sure i am the best to qa
15:12 cait i didn't fully udnerstand the concept yet
15:12 ashimema I've been trying to get to the refactoring patches.. the blocker is next on my list.
15:12 kidclamp that's all form me :-)
15:13 ashimema I also wanted to ask what order we wanted the ES bugs reviewed.. feels like there's two lots of dev going on in parallel that will cause horrible conflicts (but i might be wrong there)
15:14 ashimema wow.. the last lot of messages just came through out of order for me there.. sorr if my replies didn't make sense
15:14 reiveune bye
15:14 reiveune left #koha
15:14 cait not sure which blocker one
15:14 cait apart from that it makes sense
15:14 kidclamp I think 18316 is current blocker - others will rebase ointo that once it is done
15:14 cait i think we got something like a 'route' established now
15:14 cait bug 18316
15:14 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18316 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Add weighting/relevancy options to ElasticSearch
15:14 cait is the next one
15:15 ashimema blocker one for refactoring bugs.. Joubu mentioned it in a qa email reply a week back.. it may have moved since I looked at it.
15:15 ashimema what topic are we on now.. I've lost track
15:16 kidclamp hehe
15:16 ashimema bug 19893 is the ES Bug I was thinking of.. looks like it may conflict lots ?
15:16 kidclamp #info ES bugs need 18316 for attention
15:16 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Signed Off , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
15:16 kidclamp ah, yes, that one too, but is a different set it blocks :-)
15:17 kidclamp I think we can move to current releases and bring up more in QA discussion
15:17 thd I have not had time to comment properly but I humbly suggest that weighting is not merely an issue when the user does not specify indicies.
15:17 cait #info Next Elasticsearch bug for QA is bug 18316
15:17 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:18 cait i hoped we could sdiscuss 19893 a big
15:18 cait bit
15:18 thd s/is not/need not be/
15:18 cait sorry, i can't type today
15:19 kidclamp can we do that in qa discussion cait?
15:19 kidclamp felt like we were creeping a bit :-)
15:19 cait i think the basic question is: catmandu yes/no
15:19 cait oh sorry
15:19 ashimema Lots of bugs pushed this month already, and cookie related gdpr enhancements and marc framework updates backported too.
15:19 cait i thought we had already changed topic tot hat...
15:19 cait *hides*
15:19 kidclamp heh
15:20 kidclamp #info string freezes for current release on 15th, and releases as normal
15:20 ashimema #info 18.05.x - Lots of bugfixes pushed already, cookie related gdpr enhancements and marc framework updates backported too.
15:20 ashimema haha.. hense my getting lost on the topics cait..
15:20 kidclamp #chair ashimema
15:20 huginn Current chairs: Cait ashimema kidclamp
15:20 ashimema miht have been my fault :&)
15:20 thd The bug explanation is detailed but then omits the underlying reason for the inefficiency of Catmandu.
15:20 kidclamp or can anyone info? today is confusing
15:21 kidclamp anything else ashimema, or move ot QA and continue :-)
15:22 ashimema I'd say move on :)
15:22 thd I think we lost the place in the agenda sequence.
15:22 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
15:22 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:22 ashimema that's all I had to add.. and I've not seen frido this meeting ;)
15:22 kidclamp anything cait? I guess we have agenda spot for the catmandu discussion
15:23 ashimema go for qa team
15:23 ashimema then we can continue e chatter after
15:23 cait ah sorry
15:23 cait i got something for rmaints
15:23 kidclamp #info the QA team are much loved and praised, we thank them for their efforts and look forward to more :-)
15:24 cait can we consider bakcporting bug 20175?
15:24 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20175 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Set a correct default value for club_enrollments.date_created
15:24 * ashimema has been bad at qa this week but hopes to get a bumper lot done on Monday next  week.
15:24 cait we just ran into trouble with that on an update to 17.11 and i think it causes trouble on the mailng list too
15:24 cait in other news just the same as before, we have lots bugs in NSO and NQA... we need to take care of them
15:24 cait and also some big new features we shoudl take care of early on
15:25 kidclamp @later tell fridolin please look at bug 20175
15:25 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
15:25 ashimema I'll tag it up for fridolin to bring his attention to it..
15:25 ashimema thanks cait
15:26 kidclamp #info nots in the queues and some big things to get moving early in release cycle
15:26 cait if you have something you want me to bring to attention of the qa team let me know
15:26 kidclamp #info lots in the queues and some big things to get moving early in release cycle
15:26 cait i am spamming them with emails regularly :)
15:27 cait thx ashimema
15:27 cait maybe a gbsd could give things a little push?
15:27 ashimema :)
15:27 ashimema keep the spamming coming cait.. really helps focus the mind each week :)
15:28 Joubu There is also a "Devs to highlight/promote?" section on https://annuel2.framapad.org/p[…]_on_in_koha-devel
15:28 kidclamp I think calire was going to organize one at some point (GBSD)
15:28 kidclamp @later tell calire GBSD? (hint)
15:28 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
15:29 cait nothing more from me :)
15:29 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:29 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:29 kidclamp #info dicsussion: Bug 19893 - Drop dependancy on catmandu for elastic search
15:29 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Signed Off , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
15:31 beatsforthemind I am working with a non-profit group who has an instance of Koha that I am now working with, the Koha instace is 16.11.05 Community
15:31 thd The bug explanation is detailed but then omits the underlying reason for the inefficiency of Catmandu.
15:32 kidclamp So generally the reasoning here is that we can gain speed if not using catmandu
15:32 kidclamp I don't think we know the reason THD - mostly that it has more code, does more stuff I would assume
15:32 beatsforthemind When I try to log in with the username and password specified in /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
15:32 beatsforthemind I am getting the error Software error: Can't call method "is_debarred" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-user.pl line 93.
15:32 ashimema So yeah... that bug (and it's chain) looks to me like it'll conflict lots.. we need to think about how we want to work it through
15:32 beatsforthemind Does anyone know why I would be getting this error and if there is a fix for it?
15:33 kidclamp hi beatsforthemind, there is a dev meeting right now, you are very welcome to attend and ask for help after :-)
15:33 thd beatsforthemind: The meeting is still going on and would be over in a few more minutes.
15:33 ashimema does catmandu actually simplify much kidclamp.. is the performance payment worth it?
15:33 ashimema I'ts been long enough since I played with catmandu that I dont konw.. but when I did I felt it actually got in the way
15:33 beatsforthemind Sorry
15:34 kidclamp If i recall, we aren't removing it whoelsale - just not using it for indexing
15:34 ashimema no worries.. I'm sure we'll be finished fairly soon beatsforthemind
15:34 kidclamp it defines a marc fixer language - the question is really how much of its features we need, and I don't think we will really know until we are using more in production - who knows what people will want to do
15:35 ashimema It looked like the set removed it entirely to me.. not just that bug but the others ones attached to it?
15:35 ashimema perhaps not
15:36 ashimema do we not have a marc fixer language already developed for rancor
15:36 ashimema basically.. should I concentrate on getting that patchset through and then have the other ES bugs rebased on top.. or the other way around?
15:37 ashimema from a QAing perspective that is.
15:38 kidclamp reading/thinking
15:39 cait we could bring it to the mailing list with a deadline for the next dev meeting
15:39 cait and then have a vote there
15:39 cait if people can#t make it, put your vote on the wiki
15:39 kidclamp I think that makes sense cait
15:39 cait i think a deadline could help to make the decision
15:39 cait ashimema: would you be willing to take care of it?
15:40 kidclamp I think it can be QAed ashimema to at least keep it fresh - afaict it only remove Catmandu for indexing, and that is the scope of the question
15:40 kidclamp we stil have Catmandu for accessing es store and searchign etc
15:40 ashimema sure :)
15:40 ashimema cool..
15:41 ashimema i'll go ahead then :)
15:41 kidclamp #action ashimema will send a mail about bug 19893 for discussion and vote at next dev meeting
15:41 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Signed Off , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
15:41 ashimema moving on then :)
15:41 cait got another quick one, would love to get some more eyes (devs and librarians) on Bug 20935
15:42 cait https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20935
15:42 huginn Bug 20935: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Redesign system preferences interface
15:42 kidclamp ooh, yes, been wanting to play with that
15:42 cait sandbox testable! (should have mentioned that at the other meeting too)
15:43 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:43 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #69: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/69/
15:43 jenkins kyle: Bug 20977: Javascript vars used in confirm_deletion in catalog.js do not
15:43 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20977 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Javascript vars used in confirm_deletion in catalog.js do not match strings in catalog-strings.inc
15:43 kidclamp moving on?
15:43 ashimema :)
15:43 kidclamp #info librarians please look at bug 20935
15:43 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20935 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Redesign system preferences interface
15:44 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:44 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 11 July 2018)
15:45 kidclamp Just a mention here - I have had soem discussion with a few people about handling data in tests - working with existing/creating your own/deleting tables wholesale before testing
15:46 kidclamp I don't think we have enough info for a guideline, it requires some judgement, but just a general note that I don't prefer tables being deleted for tests if it can be avoided and may ask for rewrites or do followups in those cases
15:46 kidclamp if others have opinions I am happy to discuss
15:46 Joubu 20935 should go to the mailing list, not sure librarians read meeting's minutes ;)
15:47 kidclamp thanks for volunteering Joubu :-)
15:47 ashimema ?
15:47 Joubu I am not :)
15:47 thd :)
15:47 kidclamp I will send that one out to the koha list serv
15:47 kidclamp #action kidclamp will send a note out about bug 20935
15:48 cait kidclamp++
15:48 ashimema kidclamp++
15:49 kidclamp Next meeting:  July 25 2018, 20 UTC?
15:49 kmlussier joined #koha
15:49 kidclamp hearing no ojections
15:50 thd +1
15:50 kidclamp #info Next meeting  July 25 2018, 20 UTC
15:50 kidclamp #endmeeting
15:50 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
15:50 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 11 15:50:17 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
15:50 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-11-15.01.html
15:50 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-07-11-15.01.txt
15:50 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]11-15.01.log.html
15:50 kidclamp thanks #koha
15:50 ashimema +1
15:50 ashimema cheers chaps
15:50 * ashimema scarpers to cook tea
15:51 cait kidclamp++ being the sane one between the lost :)
15:54 beatsforthemind Ok for questions?
15:55 cait sure!
15:55 cait sorry for the wait
15:55 ashimema fire away
15:57 beatsforthemind Ok
15:58 beatsforthemind When trying to login to the OPAC with the username and password specified in /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
15:58 beatsforthemind I am getting
15:58 beatsforthemind Use of uninitialized value $userid in string eq at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 2015
15:58 beatsforthemind Use of uninitialized value $userid in string eq at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 2020
15:58 beatsforthemind Can't call method "is_debarred" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/opac-user.pl line 93
15:59 Joubu koha version?
16:00 beatsforthemind 16.11.05 Community
16:00 beatsforthemind this installation started on 3.x and was upgraded, but I don’t remember getting this error right after upgrading
16:02 Joubu Please upgrade to the last 16.11.x to make sure it's not fixed in the most recent version
16:06 beatsforthemind Will give it a try, we’ve made a variety of updates to
16:06 beatsforthemind /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs​/marc21/biblios/record.abs
16:06 beatsforthemind /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21​/biblios/biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml
16:06 beatsforthemind /etc/koha/zebradb/biblios/etc/bib1.att
16:06 beatsforthemind /etc/koha/zebradb/ccl.properties
16:07 beatsforthemind /etc/koha/zebradb/pqf.properties
16:07 beatsforthemind Will doing the upgrade through apt-get install koha-common overwrite these files?
16:17 Joubu about your first questin: you are not supposed to login with the mysql user
16:18 Joubu about the upgrade, I guess apt will ask you what to do with the config files
16:21 beatsforthemind Ah, is the admin OPAC password stored somewher else?
16:26 beatsforthemind You know what I forgot that I needed to use the -intra domain
16:26 beatsforthemind sheesh
16:28 Joubu there is no "admin OPAC user", just create a patron with the superlibrarian permission and use it to admin your Koha install
16:29 veronica joined #koha
16:30 veronica what to do to cancel reservations automatically after 4 hours, thanks
16:36 veronica what to do to cancel reservations automatically after 4 hours, thanks
16:39 cait i don't think that's possible
16:39 cait i think you can cancel unfilled after x days
16:39 cait and things not picked up (but the minimum is a day i think)
16:42 veronica It hurts, thank you the least one day and it is set in koha preferences
16:43 cait hm is borrower_password_recovery ever emptied out?
16:59 cait left #koha
17:04 veronica Impresión de avisos de reservas
17:06 Joubu caroline: nope, it's used by password recovery feature
17:07 Joubu it was for cait :)
17:45 misilot joined #koha
17:47 tcohen hola eroinca
17:47 tcohen veronica
17:52 jzairo left #koha
18:39 * ashimema distracts himself from the football.. time to do some QA 😀
20:06 cait joined #koha
20:23 cait ashimema++ thx a lot :)
20:23 ashimema ?
20:24 ashimema :)
20:24 Joubu for loosing the semifinal she meant
20:25 ashimema haha
20:25 cait for qa of course
20:26 cait especially for tackling those
20:26 ashimema lol..
20:26 ashimema 'does not apply', 'failed qa' and 'sign off'.. at least one of them was in a positive direction aye.
20:27 cait it happens
20:27 cait but now they can progress :)
20:28 ashimema true
20:28 ashimema the more I read about rounding the more it scares me though... that one feels like it's going to be painful
20:28 cait most likely
20:30 ashimema bug 17140 is marked as failed qa.. do we know what the next steps are there?
20:30 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=17140 normal, P5 - low, ---, larit, Failed QA , Incorrect rounding in total fines calculations, part 2
20:31 cait i haven't touch those yet
20:32 cait hm maybe retest comment 13?
20:32 ashimema okies
20:33 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:55 talljoy joined #koha
20:57 lukeG left #koha
22:56 jenkins joined #koha
23:14 papa1 joined #koha
23:27 tcohen wizzyrea: me thinks the homepage should point to 18.05 soon
23:27 tcohen can help if needed!
23:27 wizzyrea nah I can fix it
23:31 tcohen wizzyrea++
23:33 wizzyrea done

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary