IRC log for #koha, 2018-02-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 JoshB joined #koha
00:04 BobB joined #koha
00:49 jzairo joined #koha
01:05 kathryn joined #koha
01:06 kathryn joined #koha
01:28 kathryn joined #koha
01:43 jenkins Project Koha_16.11_D8 build #101: SUCCESS in 3 hr 11 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_16.11_D8/101/
01:43 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 19797: [16.11.x] Restore alert subscribers
01:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19797 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Subscriptions to email notifications for new serial issues are broken
01:59 dpk__ joined #koha
02:54 Kafilini joined #koha
05:06 cait joined #koha
05:14 Kafilini joined #koha
05:24 fridolin joined #koha
05:30 ram joined #koha
06:03 fridolin hi
06:21 cait joined #koha
06:35 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:48 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:52 petter morning
07:08 magnuse hei petter & #koha
07:17 * cait waves
07:17 cait bbl
07:18 laurence joined #koha
07:19 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:31 wilfrid joined #koha
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:41 alex_a joined #koha
07:41 alex_a bonjour
07:53 paul_p joined #koha
08:11 dilan joined #koha
08:28 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:28 gaetan_B hello
09:01 cait joined #koha
09:02 cait oha: around?
09:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:14 cait joined #koha
09:28 petter He is off today, but working tomorrow
09:41 Kafilini joined #koha
09:45 cait petter: thx
09:46 cait was wondering - thought i saw a link to 'something' interview/article? about koha at opl somewhere int he chat recently
09:46 cait but can't find it - do you have an idea?
09:47 petter hm
09:47 petter maybe something about an rfid-scanner?
09:47 petter
09:48 petter he made a really smart shelf-cleaner prototype
09:48 cait that was also a very cool article, but not the one i was thinking about
09:48 petter ok
09:48 petter then I don't know what it was
09:49 cait thx anyway - the rfid scanner is actually a good idea too
09:51 cait clrh++
10:04 Kafilini joined #koha
10:06 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:10 fridolin joined #koha
10:11 fridolin back from net blackout
10:12 cait ouch
10:19 fridolin joined #koha
10:19 tuxayo And fridolin has again been cutted from the rest of the word by the snow ^^
10:42 Kafilini joined #koha
11:14 cait joined #koha
11:48 cait it's too quiet today
11:57 kellym joined #koha
12:05 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 kidclamp HI CAIT!!!! HOW ARE YOU TODAY!!!!
12:25 * kidclamp does noise
12:38 meliss joined #koha
12:38 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:48 tcohen hehe
12:51 cait kidclamp: i am good?
12:51 cait but about to head to a meeting
12:51 * cait is a little scared of the loud kidclamp
12:51 kidclamp you said it was too quiet
13:00 lari any suggestions on how to write tests for Bug 16357? Koha::Logger with plack
13:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16357 normal, P3, ---, mtj, Needs Signoff , Plack error logs are not time stamped
13:02 tcohen hi lari!
13:03 lari hi tcohen :)
13:04 DonnaB joined #koha
13:07 Joubu I would not require tests for that
13:07 tuxayo +1
13:08 tcohen I agree
13:09 tcohen I would have expected an implementation using Plack::Middleware::Log4Perl (reusing Koha::Logger), though
13:13 Joubu tcohen:[…]-have-experience/
13:14 tcohen hahahahaha
13:14 lari tcohen: yep, in fact i tested it yesterday before hearing about 16357. i couldnt get it to work. but i have to admit i didnt dig any further into it
13:15 cait joined #koha
13:16 lari surprised timestamps are not on by default
13:17 tcohen lari it would be great if we also added the facility
13:17 tcohen he
13:23 kmlussier joined #koha
13:24 chris1 joined #koha
13:39 tcohen joined #koha
13:42 oleonard joined #koha
13:42 oleonard Hi all
13:42 oleonard Sorry I'm late.
13:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:49 tcohen hi oleonard
13:49 kidclamp late for what>
13:50 magnuse late for #koha, i presume
13:51 oleonard Yes, late for #koha
13:51 oleonard Oh that reminds me...
13:52 * oleonard bakes magnuse a cake with "Bug 19906" written across the top
13:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19906 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Move template JavaScript to the footer: NORMARC editor plugins
13:53 magnuse ah yes, thing is, normarc is going away this year, so i'm not sure it's worth spending energy on
13:53 NateC joined #koha
13:53 magnuse normarc is Bug 18984 - Remove support for NORMARC
13:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18984 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, NEW , Remove support for NORMARC
13:53 magnuse normarc?
13:54 magnuse ah, the bot went away
13:55 oleonard magnuse: I would not object if you want to mark my bug invalid.
13:55 tcohen josef_moravec: I think the spec is ok
13:57 andrewfh joined #koha
13:57 magnuse oleonard: resolved. sorry you had to spend time on it!
13:57 oleonard No problem at all.
13:58 * oleonard wonders what to do with this cake.
13:58 * oleonard re-decorates the cake with "Bug 19866" and looks around for someone to bribe
13:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19866 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Move template JavaScript to the footer: UNIMARC editor plugins, part 1
14:00 sonOfRa joined #koha
14:00 Joubu paxed: your bug 20160 seems like a duplicate of my bug 20115
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20160 minor, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , Sort translated languages by code
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20115 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Languages appear in a different order in the footer
14:08 paxed Joubu: looks like it. mine's simpler :P
14:10 Joubu mine is more flexible, it adds the ability to sort the languages as you wish
14:10 paxed what happens when you install new languages but don't have them in the pref?
14:11 meliss joined #koha
14:12 paxed but no, i hadn't paid attention to your bug, becuase it only said "footer"
14:12 Joubu everywhere
14:13 Joubu it will sort the prefs everywhere based on the position in the pref
14:13 Joubu it will sort the languages everywhere based on the position in the pref
14:23 paxed well, the ability to sort is good, sure
14:39 cait i think the first lang is used for fallback
14:40 cait so alphabetic is not always what you might want in the pref?
14:40 cait maybe i remember it wrong
14:41 * tcohen is looking for a new hobbie, ideas?
14:44 Joubu I spend my whole working time doing my hobby
14:44 Joubu Are not you?
14:45 tcohen :-D
14:47 tcohen Joubu: indoor or outdoor hobbies?
14:48 Joubu I am currently on my terrace, catching the sun with a mojito
14:48 LibraryClaire mojito++
14:48 Joubu it can be indoor and outdoor
14:50 * tcohen is considering moving outside too
14:50 tcohen portable_office++
14:50 LibraryClaire @wunder konstanz
14:50 huginn LibraryClaire: Konstanz, Germany :: Clear :: 27F/-3C | Wind Chill: 17F/-8C | Wednesday: Sunny. High around 25F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night: Bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Low 18F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
14:51 tcohen @wunder cordoba argentina
14:51 huginn tcohen: Cordoba, Argentina :: Partly Cloudy :: 71F/21C | Wednesday: Partly cloudy skies this morning. Thunderstorms likely during the afternoon. High 82F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Wednesday Night: Partly to mostly cloudy. Low 59F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
14:51 Joubu @wunder Buenos Aires, Argentina
14:51 huginn Joubu: Buenos Aires, Argentina :: Partly Cloudy :: 73F/23C | Wednesday: Partly cloudy. High 79F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Wednesday Night: Mostly clear. Low 71F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.
14:51 tcohen i'd say its perfect for outdoor hobbies
14:51 LibraryClaire preferable
14:51 * Joubu wins
14:51 tcohen hehe
14:53 Joubu well, hea is part of my commit message on bug 20264
14:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20264 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Syspref checkdigit is no longer in used
14:54 Margaret joined #koha
15:07 eythian @wunder amsterdam
15:07 huginn eythian: Amsterdam, Netherlands :: Partly Cloudy :: 21F/-6C | Wind Chill: 6F/-14C | Wednesday: Windy with a few clouds. Lows overnight in the upper teens. Wednesday Night: Bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies with gusty winds. Low 18F. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph.
15:08 eythian Bitterly cold indeed.
15:08 * eythian assumes marcelr is out skating on the frozen canals like all dutch people.
15:09 oleonard @wunder 45701
15:09 huginn oleonard: Athens, OH :: Mostly Cloudy :: 58F/15C | Wednesday: Mostly cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon. High 62F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Wednesday Night: Rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain overnight. Low 48F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.
15:10 oleonard Bitterly pleasant
15:11 eythian[…]ice-dies-hospital not quite bitterly cold enough
15:17 cait joined #koha
15:18 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:29 notarock joined #koha
15:33 eythian ^-- totally a rock. I can tell.
15:37 cait hehe
15:38 cait people, qa and sign off! I will leave for a few hours now, so you canwork in quiet ;)
15:38 cait bye all
15:38 cait left #koha
15:53 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #391: UNSTABLE in 3 hr 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/391/
15:55 jenkins joined #koha
15:57 tcohen Joubu: I've been granted access to a new Docker_2 server, with nice specs
15:57 tcohen will put it online after lunch
15:57 Joubu great :)
16:00 Joubu looks like t/db_dependent/Koha/Patrons.t is broken... today
16:00 Joubu Feb 28th \o/
16:00 tcohen oh!
16:01 maksim joined #koha
16:02 Joubu Feb 28th 2018 - 18y = Feb 29th 2000 => So get_age returns 17y instead of 18y
16:03 Joubu Let see tomorrow if it is fixed? (:D)
16:04 maksim Hello, if I want to add a feature to koha, I know I need to do it through bugzilla, but I don't know the specific steps to do that. Does someone here know the steps I need to take?
16:05 oleonard maksim: 1. Register an account on 2. File a bug describing the feature
16:05 maksim #1 is done!
16:05 oleonard maksim: If you haven't done so already, search bugzilla to make sure there isn't already a report for that feature
16:06 oleonard maksim: Is it something you're hoping someone will develop, or something you plan to develop?
16:06 Joubu maksim: take a look at the wiki: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Getting_involved
16:07 maksim It's an already developped feature, I just need to submit it
16:08 oleonard maksim: Be as descriptive as you can in the description. Do you need a guide to creating and attaching a patch?
16:08 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ubmitting_A_Patch
16:08 maksim It would be my first time, so I think it would be wise for me to use a guide.
16:08 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eptance/Rejection
16:09 maksim Thank you Oleonard.
16:09 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]elopment_workflow
16:14 fridolin left #koha
16:15 rocio joined #koha
16:25 edveal joined #koha
16:28 jbeno joined #koha
16:32 edveal joined #koha
16:35 reiveune bye
16:35 reiveune left #koha
16:35 talljoy joined #koha
16:41 maksim joined #koha
16:52 laurence left #koha
16:56 rocio joined #koha
16:59 kellym joined #koha
17:00 edveal joined #koha
17:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20311: Prevent get_age tests to fail on Feb 28th <[…]326baa144adb912e1>
17:18 Bhavesh joined #koha
17:19 Bhavesh Hello All
17:19 Bhavesh Can I install Koha on Centos 7
17:30 Joubu Bhavesh: no idea but there was this thread on the mailing list few months ago: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/043986.html
17:46 tcohen joined #koha
17:54 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:54 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #392: FIXED in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/392/
17:54 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 20311: Prevent get_age tests to fail on Feb 28th
17:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20311 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , get_age tests can fail on February 28th
17:56 edveal joined #koha
17:56 misilot Hi, is there an easy way to add a new field to be indexed and then be matched on when importing?
17:56 misilot Trying to find out how to index the 019 field
18:20 cait joined #koha
18:21 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #393: ABORTED in 48 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/393/
18:26 m23 joined #koha
18:27 m23 joined #koha
18:29 kmlussier joined #koha
18:31 Bhavesh Thanks for reply @Joubu
18:34 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #394: FAILURE in 13 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/394/
18:37 notarock I have some code in C4/Members/ and was wondering if I have to move it somewhere if i want to send it to the community? I'm working on https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12446
18:37 huginn Bug 12446: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.audet-fortin, Patch doesn't apply , Enable an adult to have a guarantor
18:38 notarock I know C4 code is no good, Im moving member-related code to Koha::Patron, but what about ?
18:39 notarock koha/Patron/ maybe?
18:40 Joubu notarock: which code are you moving to Koha::Patron?
18:40 Joubu did you see that a looot of code is already submitted on bugzilla but not pushed yet?
18:41 tcohen next meeting?
18:44 josef_moravec joined #koha
18:45 wizzyrea joined #koha
18:45 tcohen @seen wahanui
18:45 huginn tcohen: wahanui was last seen in #koha 5 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes, and 2 seconds ago: <wahanui> hola, tcohen
18:49 notarock Joubu get_guarantor_shared_attribute . I think it's added in the patch I linked
18:53 Joubu notarock: it does not read so nice, but I cannot find something better right now
18:54 Joubu +    my @attributes    = qw( streetnumber address address2 city state zipcode country branchcode phone phonepro mobile email emailpro fax );
18:54 Joubu where does come from this list?
18:56 notarock I think it's the patrons field inheritted from guarantor to guarantee. If i was to add a Guarantee to a patron, the new guarantee would already have these fields filled with the guarantor's inforamtions
18:57 LeeJ joined #koha
18:57 * LeeJ waves
18:57 LeeJ hi #koha
18:57 tcohen #endmeeting
18:58 oleonard Good meeting everyone.
18:58 tcohen hahaha
18:58 LeeJ :O
18:58 * tcohen was messing with LeeJ
18:58 LeeJ not cool
18:58 LeeJ tcohen: >_>
18:59 tcohen hi, LeeJ
18:59 LeeJ hi tcohen
19:00 notarock I think the previous person who worked on this used the fields from C4/Utils/DataTables/ . The diff says it was removed, and they use the get_guarantor_shared_attribute sub to get these properties. Something to do with the new syspref added in that patch, AdditionalGuarantorField which let you add fields that are inherited from guarantor to guarantee
19:00 tcohen notarock: please continue on a private channel, we are starting a meeting, thanks!
19:01 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018
19:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb 28 19:01:03 2018 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
19:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_28_february_2018'
19:01 notarock *sorry*
19:01 tcohen #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_28_February_2018
19:01 tcohen notarock: np!
19:01 tcohen #topic Introductions
19:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
19:01 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
19:02 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
19:02 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Czech Republic
19:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
19:02 tcohen we'll wait a couple more minutes
19:03 tcohen ok, 1.05 minutes
19:03 tcohen #topic Announcements
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:03 tcohen Any announcements?
19:04 Joubu yes
19:04 bag #info brendan gallagher bywater
19:04 Joubu I will be afk most of March, kidclamp has push permissions as RM assistant and will take care of the mess I left behind me
19:04 * kidclamp is luck
19:04 kidclamp y
19:04 tcohen Joubu: make sure you push everything, kidclamp will fix it
19:05 Joubu I will answer to emails if there is something need (contact on my private email, not if urgent)
19:05 Joubu something needed*
19:05 Joubu I pushed quite lot of things in the last two weeks
19:05 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:05 tcohen #info Jonathan will be mostly AFK during March, Nick will be in charge as RM assistant
19:05 kidclamp in anothe rmeeting, half an eye here though
19:06 Joubu + trivial bypassing SO + QA
19:06 Joubu I'd like to avoid such situation (bypassing steps), but the SO queue is too high
19:06 tcohen kidclamp: you're late, you've just been volunteered to be the RM during March
19:06 tcohen so, no worries, keep your eyes on the other meeting
19:06 * kidclamp *thumbs up*
19:06 Joubu Keep in mind that we are going to feature freeze quite quickly (in less than 2 months), so if we want to see things pushed, it's *now*
19:07 Joubu I think that's all (apart of things I have already said in emails or "what's on")
19:08 tcohen Joubu++ # deserved vacation
19:08 tcohen any other announcement? anyone?
19:08 LeeJ nothing comes to mind
19:09 tcohen oleonard? bag?
19:09 tcohen ok, moving on
19:09 bag nope
19:09 tcohen #topic Update from the Release manager (18.05)
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:09 * oleonard eagerly looking forward to his SASS patch to make it in
19:09 tcohen oleonard: what's missing?
19:09 Joubu what I told previously :)
19:10 bag hackfest in france starts 12th of march!  hopefully lots of sign-offs that week
19:10 oleonard One follow-up needs signoff on Bug 19474
19:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19474 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Convert staff client CSS to SCSS
19:11 tcohen #info Staff client CSS to SCSS patches are waiting for love and are important
19:12 tcohen #topic Update from the Release Maintainers
19:12 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:12 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #395: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/395/
19:12 tcohen jenkins: shh
19:12 jenkins tcohen you may not issue bot commands in this chat!
19:12 Joubu as well as the "Move template JavaScript to the footer" patches
19:13 oleonard Please don't be afraid of the UNIMARC ones. You don't need a UNIMARC system to test them.
19:13 Joubu rmaints?
19:13 tcohen no wahanui today
19:13 kidclamp I am pushing as I can, trying to not get too far behind
19:13 kidclamp next month's release will be on 25th due to hackfest and schedules
19:14 tcohen #info Nick is making sure 17.11.x is as close to master as possible
19:14 tcohen #info 17.11.04 will be delayed a couple days due to Marseille's THE hackfest
19:15 tcohen #topic UPdates from the QA team
19:15 Topic for #koha is now UPdates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:15 Joubu ZE hackest (with a French accent please)
19:15 tcohen hehe
19:16 tcohen ok
19:17 tcohen #info Katrin has been pushing the QA team members, if you are looking for QA attention, contact her
19:18 tcohen #topic REST api
19:18 Topic for #koha is now REST api (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
19:18 Joubu the crazy graph needs attention - https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=15449
19:19 m23 joined #koha
19:19 tcohen right
19:20 tcohen #info Signoff-ers and QA-ers, please look at this crazy graph https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=15449
19:21 tcohen About REST api, the first item was a question I had, because I'm not a native speaker and terminology dragged me down
19:21 tcohen I asked privately to some of you
19:22 tcohen What we call baskets is usually called 'orders' in specialized systems, and then orders are actually 'orderlines'
19:22 tcohen I wrote that line in the meeting's agenda because we could have the chance to fix this if it was worth, on the API side
19:22 tcohen but I don't think it is worth for v1
19:23 tcohen comments?
19:24 LeeJ I honestly have done hardly anything with the API so I'm unsure if I could be of help lol
19:24 josef_moravec we do not have api for this now, so probably worth it?
19:24 josef_moravec if it's not too complicated ;)
19:25 tcohen I have no strong opinion on how important this is
19:25 bag getting other systems to want to use the API is important
19:26 tcohen but it was obvious when looking at other sample APIs for writing the spec for the orders endpoint, that we were different than any other system
19:26 bag so I would say that if most everywhere does “orders” as baskets - we should do that for the API
19:26 tcohen and so basket_groups could become order_groups
19:26 bag yes
19:27 tcohen can any native speaker volunteer to propose this on an email to koha-devel?
19:27 bag I will
19:27 tcohen at least someone familiar with that management terminology
19:27 tcohen thanks!
19:27 Joubu I am not sure the acquisition module is ready for the REST API
19:27 bag either is the Auth system ;)
19:27 tcohen #actions Brendan will explain in koha-devel the question about terminology for orders/baskets
19:27 Joubu As I told it on 1 comment, Koha::REST should only use Koha::Object(s)-based object
19:28 Joubu to have only 1 way to write things
19:28 Joubu just my thoughts
19:29 tcohen I think that would be ideal, but here we're mostly talking about the spec, right?
19:29 bag that is ideal yes - but is that practical to have to wait for the rewrite of Object(s)-based acq
19:29 tcohen it is as discussing what would the ideal DB structure be
19:29 tcohen we can design a good API spec in terms of good practices
19:30 tcohen and then see how it can fit our codebase, and plan for refactorings if needed
19:31 tcohen #info Jonathan mentions (again) he thinks the REST api development should be done on top of Koha::Object(s)-based classes
19:32 Joubu more code will use C4 and more difficult it will be to move it
19:32 Joubu anyway, it's not the discussion here
19:32 tcohen it is part of a broader discussion/problem we need to deal with
19:33 tcohen probably on another place
19:33 tcohen maybe a round table during the hackfest
19:33 tcohen anyway. I'm supposed to move the meeting forward
19:34 tcohen the next subject is a proposal to change the /illrequests endpoint spec
19:34 * oleonard doesn't remember any round tables
19:35 tcohen *rectangular tables*, sorry
19:35 tcohen josef_moravec: you want to talk about your proposal?
19:35 josef_moravec Just a note
19:36 josef_moravec i propose to change "updated" to "timestamp"
19:36 josef_moravec because of consistency of other endpoints
19:37 tcohen josef_moravec: I agree with most of the attribute name changes, but there's something deeper to think about ill_requests
19:37 tcohen because each backend is supposed to support its own attribute sets
19:37 josef_moravec yes
19:37 tcohen and so, we face two problems
19:38 tcohen - We still need to make backends plugable (like with plugins)
19:38 tcohen - Probably have the plugins inject new routes
19:38 tcohen for example /ill_requests/free_form/
19:38 tcohen etc
19:38 kathryn joined #koha
19:39 josef_moravec understand, but it means somehow enhance our plugin system
19:39 tcohen endeed
19:39 josef_moravec so, for now, it is a blocker to this endpoint
19:40 tcohen either path we pick, I think your spec should be constrained to just listing I think
19:40 tcohen or yes, blocked for now
19:41 josef_moravec this should be covered in proposals, so postpone voting to next meeting?
19:41 tcohen #info Josef agreed some work on the backend-side is needed for actions on the illrequests endpoints (besides LIST)
19:41 tcohen yes
19:41 josef_moravec I'll enhance the proposal
19:41 m23 joined #koha
19:41 tcohen Next is the orders endpoint
19:41 josef_moravec thanks tcohen
19:42 tcohen I didn't complete the PATCH spec matching all possible flows orders have because I had to go deep in the code to find all required attributes for each action
19:43 tcohen but basically, I propose having /acq/orders/order_id
19:43 tcohen for all CRUD
19:44 tcohen and then use PATCH for specific actions like 'receive' an order(line)
19:44 tcohen or 'cancel', etc
19:44 tcohen another option is to treat those actions as resources
19:44 m23_ joined #koha
19:44 tcohen like POST /acq/orders/123/receipts { date_received: blah }
19:45 tcohen our DB design doesn't allow to do this in a natural way
19:45 tcohen because partial receipts create separate 'orders'
19:46 tcohen (that happen to be descendants of the original one)
19:46 tcohen so we don't really have a separate table with a 1-* relationship
19:46 tcohen as /receipts would imply
19:46 tcohen we could emulate it on the API, but migt get troublesome
19:47 tcohen for terminology (attributes) I contacted some of you (including Katrin, etc)
19:48 tcohen ok, if there aren't any opinions…
19:48 josef_moravec I am for using PATCH, does make more sense to mee from view of using API
19:49 tcohen from a consumer POV, the only deficiency I find (in the overall DB design, which permeates to the API)
19:49 tcohen is that if we PATCH to receive an order (partially)
19:50 tcohen the result is that a new order is created "behind the scenes"
19:50 talljoy joined #koha
19:50 tcohen so, for rendering the list of orders (standing or not)
19:50 tcohen we would need to GET /../orders again
19:50 tcohen to refresh the list
19:51 tcohen besides the baskets/orderlines renaming
19:51 josef_moravec but that is just for receiving, true?
19:51 tcohen true
19:52 tcohen we could emulate a resource-oriented approach
19:52 tcohen by detecting 'descendants' orders
19:52 tcohen but it will get messy, for sure
19:53 josef_moravec yes it will, but that's 'our' problem, this is iplementation detail, and should not be shown in the API
19:53 tcohen true
19:53 josef_moravec but we don't want messy code at all, that's true too
19:54 tcohen could we vote the general spec and I can focus on this details for a proposal on this specific actions against orders?
19:54 tcohen I don't really need a vote, but a general agreement on terminology and such
19:54 josef_moravec we could, this is for another disscusion
19:55 josef_moravec +1 from me
19:55 tcohen anyone has a case against this spec?
19:56 Joubu wher eis the /receipts?
19:56 Joubu where is the /receipts?
19:56 tcohen this proposal doesn't include it
19:56 Joubu k
19:57 tcohen it actually includes the PATCH solution
19:57 tcohen I can work on putting the /receipts proposal in words
19:57 Joubu "parent_order_id" should not be exposed, right?
19:57 tcohen exactly
19:58 tcohen Ah, it is in the spec :-D
19:58 Joubu tax_value_on_ordering  and  tax_value_on_receiving  neither I guess
19:58 tcohen it shouldn't be exposed, if we create the /receipts one
19:58 tcohen with PATCH, we need it
19:58 Joubu you will have to calculate them yourself
19:58 * oleonard ducks out
19:59 tcohen Joubu: I'm not sure about those two, they cna be changed on receiving, from the UI
19:59 Joubu I am not sure where we are going
19:59 Joubu but you can go :)
20:00 tcohen ok
20:01 Joubu if we have any ideas about who is going to use this API, we should contact them first
20:01 Joubu and talk with them to understand what they want/need
20:01 Joubu unless you know already
20:02 tcohen #actions Tomas will enhance the /orders endpoint spec with some missing possible solutions for the 'receive' and 'cancel' use cases, there's a general consensus on attribute names
20:02 tcohen Joubu: I've been thinking on the use case: 'rewrite the orders handling UI'
20:02 tcohen so, looking at things that are handshaked on each step from the UI
20:02 tcohen and how this would fit in a RESTful api
20:03 tcohen and then, I've worked on GOBI integration (an external acq system)
20:03 tcohen and have had talks with people integrating Coral
20:03 tcohen both of them really need a very simplified API
20:03 tcohen because they don't need to care about creating a basket, etc
20:03 tcohen they usually send orderlines along with a MARC record
20:04 tcohen and expect things to be processed magically
20:04 tcohen so
20:04 Joubu which is better for us then
20:04 * cait waves
20:04 tcohen I'm thinking of a set of endpoints that can be used in both 'the complex' and 'the simple' way
20:04 Joubu we do not need to create endpoints for baskets, invoices, etc.
20:04 tcohen Joubu: it depends
20:05 tcohen becuase orders (baskets) are needed inside Koha to be able to display them
20:05 tcohen I mean, we could strip everything out, but that's a major thing on the codebase
20:05 tcohen he
20:05 * LeeJ waves to cait
20:06 cait sorry for missing most of the meeting
20:06 tcohen the idea is t do it as simple as possible, keeping in mind we would use it also for re-doing th UI
20:06 tcohen anyway
20:06 tcohen I'm fine to know there's no strong opinion against the chosen attribute names
20:07 Joubu we have existing endpoints but there are not used from our UI
20:07 Joubu so I doubt it's a good argument
20:07 tcohen details will be polished and proposed for next dev meeting
20:07 Joubu s/there/they #erk
20:07 tcohen I have a clear request to speed up orders management
20:07 tcohen that would benefit from such endpoints
20:08 tcohen ok, next one is patron password change endpoint
20:08 tcohen but I need to pick Manuel
20:08 tcohen #chair cait
20:08 huginn Current chairs: cait tcohen
20:10 cait would it make sense to require the old password for use in systems like vufind?
20:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:10 Joubu who's around to talk about the REST api?
20:10 josef_moravec old password is not required in proposal
20:11 cait ok
20:11 tcohen old password is optional, on the header (not part of the password object)
20:12 tcohen and only useful for unprivileged users changing their own passowrd
20:12 cait not much to talk about here - in terms of terminology
20:12 cait :)
20:12 josef_moravec but VuFind could handle it
20:13 josef_moravec[…]rs#changepassword
20:15 cait ?
20:16 cait everyone reading? :)
20:16 Joubu I am
20:17 josef_moravec so, are we going to vote?
20:18 m23_ let's go :-)
20:18 cait which one?
20:19 josef_moravec password change
20:19 cait +1
20:20 m23_ +1
20:20 josef_moravec +1
20:20 * Joubu abstains
20:23 cait ok, i think i missed that tcohen left
20:23 cait making me chair
20:23 cait #agreed RFC for password change is accepted
20:23 cait are there others we shoudl vote on?
20:24 cait josef_moravec: ?
20:24 cait i have no idea where in the agenda we are, help :)
20:24 Joubu set a time for next meeting sounds good
20:25 josef_moravec Joubu++
20:25 cait ok
20:25 cait thx :)
20:25 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
20:25 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 February 2018)
20:25 josef_moravec cait: we discussed the previous points before
20:25 cait wednesday in 2 weeks?
20:25 Joubu yep
20:26 cait march 14
20:26 josef_moravec sounds good
20:26 cait which time?
20:26 Joubu 14
20:26 cait #info Next meeting: 14 March 2018, 14 UTC
20:26 cait thx all for attending :)
20:27 cait #endmeeting
20:27 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:27 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb 28 20:27:00 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:27 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-28-19.01.html
20:27 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-02-28-19.01.txt
20:27 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]28-19.01.log.html
20:27 cait and sorry again fro being so late
20:27 josef_moravec cait++
20:27 josef_moravec tcohen++
20:28 * cait will go and read back now :)
20:29 m23_ bye
20:33 Kafilini joined #koha
20:36 NateC joined #koha
20:41 josef_moravec left #koha
21:03 JoshB joined #koha
21:07 andreashm joined #koha
21:07 * andreashm waves
21:07 wizzyrea hi
21:09 andreashm hi wizzyrea
21:37 talljoy joined #koha
21:42 JesseM joined #koha
22:31 Kafilini joined #koha
22:52 Kafilini joined #koha
23:22 Kafilini joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary