IRC log for #koha, 2018-02-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:33 JoshB joined #koha
01:56 kmlussier joined #koha
02:13 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #28: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/28/
02:13 jenkins * oleonard: Bug 20135: Prevent staff client language choose pop-up from appearing
02:13 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19671: Map itemtypes to hash for correct display in issues_stats.pl
02:13 jenkins * alex.arnaud: Bug 4319: [OPAC] Allow holds on waiting/transit items
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20135 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Staff client language choose pop-up can appear off-screen
02:13 jenkins * m.de.rooy: Bug 4319: (QA follow-up) Consistency in IsAvailableForItemLevelRequest
02:13 jenkins * m.de.rooy: Bug 4319: (QA follow-up) Use ReservableItems in all scripts
02:13 jenkins * alex.arnaud: Bug 4319: (QA follow-up) Rename hasItemswaitingOrInTransit to
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19671 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Circulation wizard / issues_stats.pl does not populate itemtype descriptions correctly
02:13 jenkins * kyle: Bug 19530: Prevent multiple transfers from existing for one item
02:13 jenkins * mtompset: Bug 19530: Added commentary for last test when prove -v
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4319 major, P2, ---, alex.arnaud, Pushed to Master , waiting and in transit items cannot be reserved
02:13 jenkins * kyle: Bug 19530: Don't update the date arrived for closed transfers
02:13 jenkins * m.de.rooy: Bug 20227: Check for categorycode in default_borrower_circ_rules
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19530 normal, P1 - high, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Prevent multiple transfers from existing for one item
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20227 normal, P5 - low, ---, m.de.rooy, Pushed to Master , admin/smart-rules.pl should pass categorycode instead of branchcode
02:13 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18975: Retrieve up-to-date CGISESSID when just logged in
02:13 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19978: Fix ITEMTYPECAT behaviour
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18975 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Wrong CSRF token when emailing cart contents
02:13 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19978 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Fix ITEMTYPECAT feature for grouping item types for search
02:21 dpk_ joined #koha
02:22 jcamins joined #koha
02:24 dpk_ joined #koha
02:26 JoshB joined #koha
03:03 wizzyrea never mind we figured it out
03:04 fredericd joined #koha
03:04 wizzyrea the moral of the story is: don't leave any big viles in your kohadevbox directory, cuz they get rsynced to the devbox when it's provisioned, potentially not leaving space for your real git clone.
05:19 Kafilini joined #koha
05:51 fridolin joined #koha
06:05 fridolin can somebody test this trivial Bug 20131
06:05 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20131 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Inventory optional filters always shows "For loan" for value 0
06:05 fridolin in exchange of my eternel consideration and admiration ;)
06:52 drojf joined #koha
06:52 drojf hi #koha
06:52 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:13 josef_moravec joined #koha
07:18 laurence joined #koha
07:29 paul_p joined #koha
07:32 reiveune joined #koha
07:32 reiveune hello
07:35 marcelr joined #koha
07:35 sophie_m joined #koha
07:35 marcelr hi #koha
07:35 magnuse o/
07:36 * LibraryClaire waves
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:38 wahanui hello, reiveune
07:42 josef_moravec hi marcelr magnuse LibraryClaire reiveune
07:42 reiveune \o_
07:42 LibraryClaire hi josef_moravec
07:43 magnuse hiya josef_moravec LibraryClaire reiveune
07:43 LibraryClaire hi magnuse
07:43 wahanui kamelåså
07:43 reiveune salut magnuse
07:47 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:50 alex_a joined #koha
07:51 alex_a bonjour
07:51 wahanui privet, alex_a
07:52 eythian https://i.redd.it/ykfh5p0syph01.jpg <-- I took this photo on the way into work this morning
07:59 marcelr eythian: something went wrong there
08:20 cait joined #koha
08:22 drojf joined #koha
08:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:26 gaetan_B hello
08:29 tuxayo ho #koha o/
08:29 tuxayo *hi
08:29 eythian marcelr: perhaps they're experimenting with more under-canal parking. Only, this experiment failed.
08:29 marcelr wonder if they got a parking fine?
08:30 marcelr hi tuxayo
08:30 marcelr and gaetan_B
08:30 wahanui well, gaetan_B is working at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat or a fan of icons
08:32 tuxayo hi marcelr
08:47 magnuse marcelr: what is the thing the car drove off? a house built into the canal? or some weird houseboat?
08:47 marcelr kind of woonboot (houseboat?)
08:47 eythian it's a woonboot yeah
08:47 eythian though, I don't think the car drove off it
08:48 marcelr no
08:48 eythian I think it came from the side I was on
08:48 eythian http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/17[…]in-keizersgracht- at5 is speculating
08:48 magnuse ah, ok
08:48 marcelr handrem..
08:53 magnuse handbrake?
08:53 wahanui handbrake is a software application that can convert MPEG video (including DVD-Video) into a MPEG-4 video file in .mp4, .avi, .ogm, or .mkv containers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HandBrake
08:54 magnuse ok wahanui
08:54 marcelr yes
09:11 * cait waves
09:15 magnuse kia ora cait!
09:15 josef_moravec hi cait
09:16 cait :)
09:34 dpk_ joined #koha
09:41 tuxayo Upgrade to 17.12.00.016 done (Bug 18336 - Convert DB tables to utf8mb4 💩)
09:41 tuxayo ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
09:41 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=18336 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add support for Unicode supplementary characters
09:42 cait i think we really should replace that icon
09:42 paxed i wish we could change the default collate too during install.
09:42 cait osmeone willing to do a patch? :)
09:43 cait paxed: what do you mean?
09:43 paxed cait: the default database collate rule, utf8_unicode_ci, works for most languages, but for eg. finnish, it sorts the alphabet wrong
09:44 paxed usually seen when you go catalogue a new record and have frameworks with 'ä' or 'ö', or if you have patrons with surnames starting with those letters
09:46 cait interesting
09:46 wahanui interesting is probably sometimes good and sometimes bad
09:46 cait maybe file a bug for that? it seems a good suggestion!
09:47 paxed the collate can be changed afterwards, but still, it's annoying
09:48 cait alex_a++
09:49 josef_moravec paxed, cait: now it is based on settings of mysql server in your system (my.cnf) which is utf8_unicode_ci on most servers I think
09:49 alex_a cait: you can reproduce what i'm talking about in BZ 19582?
09:50 cait not sure my elastic search is working right onw
09:50 paxed josef_moravec: kohastructure.sql explicitly says COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci, so doesn't that override it?
09:51 magnuse paxed: this is a problem in norway and sweden too
09:51 josef_moravec yes it definitely override it
09:51 magnuse ooh, look at the easy signoff on bug 11936
09:51 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=11936 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Consistent log message for item insert
09:51 paxed magnuse: yup
09:51 josef_moravec and that is the reason it has to be always defined in kohastructure.sql, to be sure it is right
09:51 cait alex_a: hm switching on elastic - search not working
09:52 cait i'd like to learn more about the elastic serach implementatin - maybein marseille?
09:52 josef_moravec but could be maybe fine to set the default charset and collation on database level...
09:52 alex_a cait: now you are sure your elasticsearch doesn't work
09:53 cait yeah, but i'd like it better if it did :)
09:53 josef_moravec but the you are right, thet unicode_ci is not always best for same langauges (Czech too)
09:53 alex_a cait: i will help you to set it up in Marseille if you want
09:54 magnuse but a server might have instances that need different collations
09:54 magnuse could it be an option to do it via an sql file in the language specific folders below installer/data/mysql/?
09:56 cait alex_a: i just added a topic to the hackfest file :)
09:56 alex_a cait++
09:56 cait i think others will be interested too and i'd like to be mor ehelpful in testing patches
09:57 cait @later tell oleonard stealing my easy bugs? ;)
09:57 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
10:08 eythian joined #koha
10:15 * tuxayo loves git bisect
10:17 * cait too
10:36 dpk_ joined #koha
10:36 fridolin dpkg?
10:36 wahanui it has been said that dpkg is a wonderful thing once you coax it out from within its grumpy shell
10:50 irma joined #koha
10:54 tuxayo Now even if one's breaks Koha's CSS, the staff interface still has a decent look https://screenshots.firefox.co[…]YUkqP/koha-master
11:10 cait true :)
11:32 lari joined #koha
11:32 KotH joined #koha
11:32 kivilahtio joined #koha
11:32 jajm joined #koha
11:32 paxed joined #koha
11:32 matts joined #koha
11:32 magnuse joined #koha
11:32 cait joined #koha
11:32 drojf joined #koha
11:32 tuxayo joined #koha
11:32 Joubu joined #koha
11:32 valterbarreira[m] joined #koha
11:32 rkrimme1 joined #koha
11:32 chris1 joined #koha
11:32 fridolin joined #koha
11:32 sophie_m joined #koha
11:32 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:32 clrh joined #koha
11:32 oha joined #koha
11:32 lisettelatah joined #koha
11:32 fredericd joined #koha
11:32 Nemo_bis joined #koha
11:32 janPasi joined #koha
11:32 enick_367 joined #koha
11:32 jomat joined #koha
11:32 sonOfRa joined #koha
11:32 jenkins joined #koha
11:32 Infra_3600 joined #koha
11:32 LibraryClaire joined #koha
11:32 josef_moravec joined #koha
11:32 laurence joined #koha
11:32 marcelr joined #koha
11:32 reiveune joined #koha
11:32 AndrewIsh joined #koha
11:32 alex_a joined #koha
11:32 paul_p joined #koha
11:32 ashimema joined #koha
11:32 janPasi_ joined #koha
11:32 khall joined #koha
11:32 mirkh joined #koha
11:53 tcohen joined #koha
11:54 jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #29: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/29/
11:54 jenkins * unknown: Translation updates for Koha 17.11.03
11:54 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Increment version for 17.11.03 release
11:54 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Update release notes for 17.11.03 release
12:13 wilfrid joined #koha
12:22 cait kidclamp++
12:23 kellym joined #koha
12:27 meliss joined #koha
12:36 fridolin left #koha
12:37 fridolin joined #koha
12:37 oleonard joined #koha
12:39 tcohen joined #koha
12:39 oleonard Hi all
12:40 tcohen hi oleonard
12:40 wahanui hi olé onard
12:41 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:41 wahanui hi olé onard
12:43 alex_a joined #koha
12:47 marcelr joined #koha
12:54 Joubu kidclamp, khall: can you take a look at bug 19008 comment 25 please?
12:54 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19008 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Failed QA , More database cleanups
12:55 Joubu or any English native speakers around
13:01 kidclamp commented Joubu
13:01 Joubu thanks kidclamp
13:02 eythian kidclamp spells catalogue wrong, remember.
13:02 kidclamp 'catalog-way' is always how I read that
13:02 tuxayo What is a POD? (It's mentioned few times in bug 19008)
13:02 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19008 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Failed QA , More database cleanups
13:03 oleonard kidclamp++
13:03 LibraryClaire lol
13:05 Joubu tuxayo, fridolin: in the context of bug 20259, did you see bug 12904 comment 117?
13:05 fridolin ah oki thaks
13:05 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20259 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Shorter JS and CSS rewrite rule
13:05 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=12904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Force browser to load new JavaScript and CSS files after upgrade
13:05 fridolin Joubu: ah nope i look
13:06 fridolin Joubu: "query parameters don't necessarily bypass the cache" ? i dont see the link
13:06 Joubu tuxayo: POD==doc
13:06 fridolin with shorter regexp
13:06 eythian Plain Old Documentation
13:07 Joubu fridolin: then read the 3 comments above
13:07 jzairo joined #koha
13:08 marcelr tuxayo: and PVOD is very old :)
13:10 paxed magnuse: see bug 20269
13:10 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20269 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Allow selecting default collate rule
13:12 Joubu paxed: we usually resort things in perl or via the DataTables JS plugin
13:13 Joubu IIRC it does not work for éèçà either
13:16 ncbaratta joined #koha
13:24 tcohen marcelr: merge_authorities.pl is a mandatory cron but not added automatically by the packages?
13:25 marcelr tcohen: merge_authorities
13:25 marcelr debian/koha-common.cron.daily
13:26 tcohen right
13:26 tcohen shouldn't it be immediate?
13:26 marcelr what do you mean
13:27 tcohen the merge, scheduled to be ran in a shorter term?
13:27 marcelr you have pref controlling it
13:27 marcelr mergelimit
13:27 marcelr or something
13:27 wahanui somebody said something was fishy
13:28 marcelr it is either immediate or postponed
13:28 blou Holà #koha
13:28 marcelr the idea is merge 2000 recs at night
13:28 marcelr hi blou
13:28 blou Hi marcel!
13:28 blou Hi marcelr!
13:28 marcelr :)
13:29 blou Sorry to barge in:  anyone can direct me to the script that "rebuilds the marcxml from the database content" ?
13:29 khall mornin all!
13:29 marcelr blou: should be the other way
13:29 tuxayo eythian: thanks :)
13:29 marcelr hi khall
13:30 marcelr blou: marcxml should be leading
13:31 blou User messed up, deleted stuff.  I recovered the items table, but the marcxml has been modified to reflect records without items.  Now I have the items, DB is ok, but the marcxml can't be indexed
13:31 blou Yeah, the other way around, I could use batchRebuildItemsTables.pl
13:32 marcelr backup and partial recovery..?
13:32 blou yeah....  I'm lazy :)
13:33 marcelr but items are no longer in the xml
13:33 blou I have older backups
13:33 blou got all i need, i think.  Beside that the status fields might have been modififed since, which makes it ugly
13:34 marcelr kind of dangerous
13:34 marcelr but you are in a bad situation then
13:34 blou *sigh*
13:35 NateC joined #koha
13:35 marcelr copy the marcxml from the old record and run touch biblios, that kind of approach ?
13:36 Margaret joined #koha
13:50 blou I'lll try that, marcelr
13:50 marcelr be careful ;)
13:58 tuxayo @seen kidclamp
13:58 huginn` tuxayo: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 55 minutes and 15 seconds ago: <kidclamp> 'catalog-way' is always how I read that
13:58 kidclamp hi tuxayo
14:01 tuxayo kidclamp: hi :) Can you confirm in bug 13560 if my tests seem enough for you? My uncertainly about that might deter a QA member to take this bug.
14:01 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=13560 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , need an add option in marc modification templates
14:04 kidclamp ideally you would test all the options just to ensure I didn't break anything unintentionally, but if any other option worked it would seem features are intact
14:04 andrewfh joined #koha
14:08 cait joined #koha
14:11 JoshB joined #koha
14:13 kmlussier joined #koha
14:32 * cait waves
14:33 oleonard Hi cait
14:33 cait hi oleonard :)
14:34 oleonard cait: Those easy bugs were too tempting when it was the end of the day and my brain was fried
14:34 cait it's alright :)
14:35 cait the typo one has been annoying me forever
14:35 cait bbiab :)
14:40 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:46 edveal joined #koha
14:46 tuxayo kidclamp: thanks
15:04 oleonard joined #koha
15:07 paxed Joubu: well, there's the framework names, and i believe patron names, that are affected by this.
15:08 magnuse and library names in the items table, according to one swedish library
15:08 * magnuse wanders off
15:10 Joubu paxed: patrons yes, we cannot sort them after they have been retrieved from the DB
15:13 paxed (we've got 3 frameworkcode names that start with 'Ä', and the cataloguers are annoyed)
15:16 talljoy joined #koha
15:18 cait joined #koha
15:19 paxed magnuse: ah, didn't know that. we don't have any libraries with names starting with The Wrong Kind of letter :P
15:26 ceca joined #koha
15:34 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:50 jbeno joined #koha
15:58 deb-CSPL joined #koha
16:03 ceca joined #koha
16:04 ceca joined #koha
16:04 cecad joined #koha
16:06 rocio joined #koha
16:15 MKultra2u joined #koha
16:16 reiveune bye
16:16 reiveune left #koha
16:23 fridolin left #koha
16:29 cait joined #koha
16:34 notarock joined #koha
16:58 tcohen joined #koha
17:06 Joubu it's a feature
17:06 Joubu ha no, it's a bug
17:06 Joubu ha... no ... it's a feature
17:06 Joubu maybe...
17:06 wahanui maybe is a momentaneous error
17:06 Joubu :)
17:07 Joubu I get "
17:07 Joubu Username/password already exists.
17:07 Joubu "
17:07 Joubu when I create a patron without userid
17:08 Joubu the message is wrong, but what is supposed to be the behaviour?
17:10 wizzyrea joined #koha
17:11 Joubu ha... it only happens when surname/firstname are not filled
17:13 tcohen Joubu: what are you talking about?
17:15 Joubu create a patron "organisation": you will not see the firstname field
17:15 Joubu fill surname, and leave blank "userid/login"
17:15 Joubu you will get "Username/password already exists"
17:28 oleonard joined #koha
17:32 DonnaB joined #koha
17:39 tuxayo bye #koha o/
17:58 LeeJ joined #koha
17:59 * LeeJ waves
17:59 LeeJ hi #koha
18:14 laurence left #koha
18:28 tcohen later #koha
18:34 Joubu @later tell tcohen: t/db_dependent/Koha/Object.t is expecting Koha::Exceptions::Object::FKConstraint if Koha::Patron->store is called with a non-existing category, but t/db_dependent/Members.t expect a Koha::Exceptions::BadParameter if AddMember is called with a non-existing cat... Hum? :-/
18:34 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:33 georgew joined #koha
20:40 caroline joined #koha
20:44 bag cait++
20:45 Kafilini joined #koha
20:45 cait hm?
20:45 bag because you’re awesome
20:46 LeeJ I agree with bag
20:46 cait now i feel super guilty for not doing any qa today - thx ;)
20:46 bag @roulette
20:46 huginn` bag: *click*
20:47 * cait takes it away from bag
20:47 m23_ joined #koha
20:50 kidclamp @roulette
20:50 huginn` kidclamp: *click*
20:50 kidclamp @roulette
20:50 huginn` *BANG* Hey, who put a blank in here?!
20:50 * huginn` reloads and spins the chambers.
20:50 kidclamp @roulette
20:50 huginn` kidclamp: *click*
20:50 kidclamp @roulette
20:50 huginn` kidclamp: *click*
20:50 kidclamp @roulette
20:50 huginn` kidclamp: *click*
20:51 kidclamp blanks, yeesh, what's a guy go to do to get kicked
20:51 kathryn joined #koha
20:53 meliss left #koha
20:54 * LeeJ realizes the time and scrambles to get ready
20:54 Joubu @dice 2d6
20:54 huginn` Joubu: 4 and 4
20:55 Joubu less dangerous than roulette....
20:55 LeeJ @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` LeeJ: 1
20:55 LeeJ >_>
20:55 Joubu lol
20:55 LeeJ if that was a save roll I'd be dead
20:55 cait @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` cait: 8
20:55 cait paralyzed
20:55 Joubu @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` Joubu: 7
20:55 LeeJ @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` LeeJ: 7
20:55 LeeJ COME ON
20:55 Joubu @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` Joubu: 14
20:55 cait @dice 1d20
20:55 huginn` cait: 6
20:55 cait ...
20:56 cait i have flashbacks
20:56 * LeeJ thinks we should start a tradition of rolling initiative at the start of IRC meetings
20:56 Joubu what would happen to the looser?
20:56 cait that woudl make chairing hard for me :)
20:56 LeeJ haha
20:57 Joubu has to signoff 10 patches
20:57 cait 20!
20:57 LeeJ oh dear..what have I done lol
20:57 LeeJ though that IS one way to get people active ;)
20:58 LeeJ I'll wait 5 minutes to give people time to filter in :)
21:01 * LeeJ shuffles notecards
21:02 LeeJ yes
21:03 * cait is here
21:04 LeeJ yayy
21:04 LeeJ I'll give 1 more minute for the late-comers..because I've been one of them :P
21:05 jenkins Project Koha_16.11_D8 build #98: SUCCESS in 2 hr 13 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_16.11_D8/98/
21:05 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 19847: Track links within the records and 404 for others
21:05 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19847 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , tracklinks.pl accepts any url from a parameter for proxying
21:07 LeeJ kellym: hi :) I noticed in gitlab that you had submitted a merge request..rangi had commented that it might need to be rebased. Didn't know if you got the message about his comment :)
21:08 LeeJ okay..we've waited long enough I think
21:08 Joubu yep
21:08 LeeJ #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018
21:08 huginn` Meeting started Thu Feb 22 21:08:35 2018 UTC.  The chair is LeeJ. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:08 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:08 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:08 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_22_february_2018'
21:08 kellym leej I didn’t get the message ! That merge request was from awhile ago!
21:08 kellym thanks! leej
21:09 LeeJ kellym my pleasure! :)
21:09 LeeJ #topic Introductions
21:09 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:09 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:09 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
21:09 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
21:09 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro (Canada)
21:09 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
21:09 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
21:09 kellym #info kelly mcelligott bywater solutions
21:09 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, NZ
21:09 m23_ # Michal Denar, KohaCZ
21:10 LeeJ hi all and welcome to the meeting...again, sorry about the last one. That was on me :)
21:10 LeeJ everyone present and accounted for?
21:10 LeeJ cool
21:10 LeeJ #topic What's been done so far
21:10 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:11 LeeJ Joubu: I'm going to assume you may have news about the help files?
21:11 Joubu nope, I do not
21:11 LeeJ okay
21:11 Joubu bug 19817 is in discussion
21:11 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Merge local and online documentations
21:11 LeeJ does anyone have any updates, news, etc.?
21:12 Joubu I wanted to provide patches to have something ready for 18.05, but without feedbacks I cannot
21:12 LeeJ #info Bug 19817 is still in discussion. Joubu wants to provide patches for 18.05 but needs feedback from the community to do so
21:13 LeeJ #topic Workflows
21:13 Topic for #koha is now Workflows (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:14 LeeJ okay..so it appears as though some/most who have a desire to help write documentation don't understand the gitlab workflow
21:14 LeeJ so I'm prepared to offer a Zoom session/webinar to anyone interested in order to help
21:14 georgew I'd be interested
21:14 cait LeeJ++
21:14 kellym leej i would say at one meeting awhile back it was talked about creating a vidoe about the process
21:14 kellym yes I would be interested leej especially adding images to the manual
21:15 cait there is a video linked on the wiki page: edit manual?
21:15 cait editing manual?
21:15 cait editing the manual?
21:15 wahanui somebody said editing the manual was https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_the_Koha_Manual
21:15 LeeJ kellym: yes I remember that meeting note. I had actually thought about it and realized it might be more effective having a recorded webinar to work from
21:16 kellym definitely!  yes there is a video on adding content but not adding images.  I had problems with the steps on the wiki…so I would love a webinar leej
21:16 cait ah yep :)
21:16 LeeJ I figured I'd take a page out of BWS' playbook :)
21:16 kellym great idea!  leej
21:16 Joubu kellym: what kind of images do you want to add?
21:16 kellym leej++
21:17 kellym screenshots
21:17 wahanui screenshots are best
21:17 Joubu of Koha?
21:17 Joubu Seen my emails to the list about manual screenshots?
21:17 wahanui I haven't seen 'my', Joubu
21:17 kellym yes screenshots of koha.  it was also discussed to have images/screenshots of koha without customizations.
21:17 LeeJ #info LeeJ will send out an email the week of February 26th to determine the best meeting time for a webinar
21:17 kellym joubu I don’t remember seeing an email- can you send it to me?  kelly@bywatersolutions.com
21:18 Joubu https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]nuary/049807.html
21:18 kellym thanks joubu
21:18 LeeJ thanks for bringing that up kellym! Joubu, do we have a written policy in place about using non-customized Koha for images/screenshots? I don't recall seeing one
21:19 m23_ what about screenshots in other languages in manual?
21:19 Joubu the idea was to provide a way to generate screenshot automatically
21:19 LeeJ ahh
21:19 Joubu which would lead to autogenerated screenshots, updated from one version of Koha to another, and for any languages
21:19 Joubu m23_: same link
21:20 Joubu nobody reads my emails :-/
21:20 cait LeeJ: we agreed on it at the last meeting
21:20 cait but i don't think we put it on the wiki
21:20 m23_ some languages are longer, other shorter .. how solve this in automatic way?
21:20 LeeJ #info https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]nuary/049807.html contains information about the idea of automatically generating screenshots
21:20 LeeJ cait: right..now it's coming back to me :)
21:21 Joubu we screenshot boxes (with class or id), so the sizes can vary
21:21 Joubu boxes == HTML elements
21:21 LeeJ #info LeeJ will add the policy to the wiki of using non-customized Koha screenshots for documentation to keep documentation images uniform
21:21 cait LeeJ: do you want me to add a note on the wiki?
21:21 cait ah :)
21:21 cait even better
21:21 wahanui even better is what oleopard said just after that
21:22 m23_ It can work, I think
21:22 LeeJ alright..I think that covers what I had in mind. I plan on also covering information on the kanban during the zoom webinar
21:22 kellym leej do you think there should be something about standard size of images also?
21:22 m23_ how we can help with it?
21:22 Joubu m23_: it works
21:22 wahanui For now...
21:23 Joubu lol
21:23 LeeJ kellym: that would make sense to me..however are there any cases (wide pages, etc.) where uniform image sizes would make the screenshot unreadable?
21:23 kellym yes true- leej
21:24 LeeJ Joubu and cait..what are your thoughts on requiring a uniform screenshot size?
21:24 Joubu maybe you should just read my emails
21:25 cait i am not sure - maybe only a max size?
21:25 Joubu there are examples for ar, en, es, it, pt_BR and zh_TW
21:25 Joubu for the first screenshots I generated automatically
21:25 * LeeJ feels sheepish
21:25 Joubu there are links to the different manuals at the end of the email
21:26 Joubu http://download.koha-community[…]ministration.html
21:26 Joubu for instance
21:26 LeeJ I see
21:27 caroline Joubu, you should send emails to the general mailing list. I notice this one is the bugs mailing list?
21:27 Joubu it's the general mailing list
21:28 LeeJ hmm
21:29 LeeJ well I am willing to help with what I can per that mailing list email Joubu
21:29 LeeJ I just realized I don't remember seeing it because I had my bugs list filtered to a folder
21:29 LeeJ but let me know what you need me to do and I'll be more than happy to
21:30 rangi has anyone mentioned the manuals are automatically updated now, as soon as changes are merged, it rebuilds all the languages
21:31 LeeJ rangi: not that I can recollect..? But that's fantastic
21:31 rangi for 18.05 and 17.11
21:31 rangi https://koha-community.org/man[…]18.05/zh_TW/html/
21:31 rangi https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/en/html/
21:31 rangi etc
21:31 LeeJ #info the manuals are automatically updated now since 18.05 and 17.11. As soon as changes are merged, it rebuilds all the languages
21:32 LeeJ that's very convenient
21:32 LeeJ anyone have anything else? :)
21:32 rangi yeah it allows people to see if the changes they made look good
21:32 LeeJ okay..moving on then
21:32 LeeJ #topic Next steps
21:32 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:33 LeeJ To summarize (please point out if I've missed something)...
21:33 LeeJ uhh
21:34 kellym what happened?
21:34 LeeJ no clue..
21:34 rangi netsplit
21:34 LeeJ ooh
21:34 georgew irc apocalypse
21:34 LeeJ I'll wait until people come back
21:35 LeeJ ..if they do :O
21:35 LeeJ don't you mean a splitpocalypse georgew? :)
21:36 NateC joined #koha
21:36 wilfrid joined #koha
21:36 mirkh joined #koha
21:36 khall_away joined #koha
21:36 janPasi_ joined #koha
21:36 ashimema joined #koha
21:36 josef_moravec joined #koha
21:36 Infra_3600 joined #koha
21:36 jenkins joined #koha
21:36 sonOfRa joined #koha
21:36 jomat joined #koha
21:36 enick_367 joined #koha
21:36 janPasi joined #koha
21:36 Nemo_bis joined #koha
21:36 sophie_m joined #koha
21:36 chris1 joined #koha
21:36 rkrimme1 joined #koha
21:36 valterbarreira[m] joined #koha
21:36 Joubu joined #koha
21:36 tuxayo_afk joined #koha
21:36 Joubu back?
21:36 wahanui and forth.
21:36 Joubu pfiou
21:36 cait joined #koha
21:36 magnuse joined #koha
21:36 matts joined #koha
21:36 paxed joined #koha
21:36 jajm joined #koha
21:36 kivilahtio joined #koha
21:36 KotH joined #koha
21:36 lari joined #koha
21:36 LeeJ some never left it seems
21:36 caroline joined #koha
21:36 m23_ joined #koha
21:36 fredericd joined #koha
21:36 oha joined #koha
21:36 clrh joined #koha
21:36 LeeJ that was weird..I've never been here for that.
21:36 Joubu rangi: What I said: but pootle is not updated
21:37 rangi nope, that needs to be automated too
21:37 cait joined #koha
21:37 * cait waves
21:37 cait sorry got disconnected
21:38 georgew _everybody_ got disconnected
21:39 LeeJ so to summarize... Joubu needs help from the community to work on getting the documentation/help files/screenshots automated, etc. I'll be sending out an email next week to coordinate a webinar on kohadocs as well as I'll add our dediced policies about non-customized Koha to be used for all screenshots
21:39 LeeJ did I miss anything?
21:39 Joubu LeeJ: for the automated screenshots: I need to know if what I suggest is a possible solution
21:40 Joubu i.e. does the syntax make sense for people without technical skills
21:41 LeeJ #info read over the information at this link https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pip[…]nuary/049807.html and let Joubu know if what he suggests is a possible solution (i.e. does the syntax make sense for people without technical skills). Notify Joubu ASAP
21:41 cait it got lost in the netsplit
21:41 cait but what about the screenshots we can't generate?
21:42 cait pages that are not koha, enhanced content (needs keys etc)
21:42 Joubu let start with the ones we can generate :)
21:42 cait ok
21:42 caroline What about new features? How do we say to add a screenshot for this or that if it isn't already in the manual?
21:43 LeeJ caroline: that's definitely a topic I want to cover in the zoom webinar I'll be scheduling!
21:43 caroline yes, but will they be automated? Is that something you will cover in the webinar?
21:44 LeeJ #info also it's critical to provide feedback on Bug 19817 for Joubu
21:44 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Merge local and online documentations
21:44 LeeJ I think that's something I might have to sort out with Joubu
21:45 LeeJ caroline: I don't have an exact answer at the moment, but as soon as I do have an answer I'll relay it to everyone
21:45 LeeJ okay...I think everything's been covered
21:46 caroline ok, I was just mentionning it so we think about it, not to get an answer today
21:46 LeeJ unless anyone has last minute additions?
21:46 LeeJ caroline: I know :) and the input/reminder is appreciated!
21:46 caroline :)
21:47 LeeJ okay..since no one has anything further
21:47 LeeJ #topic Set time of next meeting
21:47 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 22 February 2018)
21:49 LeeJ alright..I think because the May release gaining on us quickly perhaps the 2nd week of March..any conflicting holidays?
21:49 Joubu may be good/bad during the hackfest?
21:49 LeeJ do you know the dates of hackfest?
21:50 LeeJ I wanna go to it next year :(
21:50 Joubu 12 to 16
21:50 wahanui 184884258895036416
21:50 LeeJ hmm
21:51 LeeJ then we can just schedule it for the week after hackfest
21:51 Joubu can be good during the hackfest :)
21:51 LeeJ ooh good point
21:51 Joubu French tz is utc+2
21:52 LeeJ haha you read my mind. I was JUST going to ask
21:52 Joubu CET is UTC+1 actually
21:52 cait i think the timing would be bad for the hackfest
21:53 Joubu people could learn about documentation related stuffs?
21:53 cait we could try, but depends on other presentations being during the same time or lunch :)
21:54 LeeJ was there an itinerary sent out via email?
21:54 cait it's barcamp style
21:54 cait bit unpredictable until it happens
21:55 LeeJ oooh
21:55 LeeJ hmm..maybe we should just shoot for March 22nd?
21:55 LeeJ gives people time to get home/recover from hackfest
21:56 LeeJ March 22nd @ 14 UTC sound good?
21:56 cait works for me
21:57 kellym it doesn’t work for me - but could you record leej?
21:57 LeeJ kellym: the 22nd would be for the next documentation IRC meeting
21:57 LeeJ the webinar will be separate :)
21:57 kellym oh okay - that is fine
21:57 LeeJ sounds good!
21:58 LeeJ #info Next meeting: 22 March 2018, 14 UTC
21:58 LeeJ #endmeeting
21:58 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org
21:58 huginn` Meeting ended Thu Feb 22 21:58:38 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
21:58 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-22-21.08.html
21:58 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-02-22-21.08.txt
21:58 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]22-21.08.log.html
21:58 LeeJ thanks for joining today everyone :)
22:00 kellym thanks leej
22:01 LeeJ no, thank YOU kellym :)
22:14 irma joined #koha
22:27 cait Joubu: still aroundẞ
22:27 cait ?
22:30 Joubu cait: more or less
22:30 cait would you have a moment to look at something with me?
22:30 Joubu qhoot
22:30 Joubu shoot
22:30 cait bug 20067
22:30 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=20067 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Authorised values for ORDER_CANCELLATION_REASON are displayed on notice (catalogue/detail.pl)
22:30 cait i pasted the code where the problem is in the last comment
22:31 cait hm ignore the data dumper line
22:31 cait that's frm me trying to figure things out
22:31 cait it returns 1
22:33 cait the problem is i think that authorised_value is ""
22:33 cait and we are only checking for null possibly?
22:35 cait still there?
22:35 wahanui there is one... but i don't know it
23:18 jenkins Project Koha_16.11_D8 build #99: SUCCESS in 2 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_16.11_D8/99/
23:18 jenkins * josef.moravec: Bug 19738: Fix XSS on vendor name in serials module
23:18 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19560: Correctly escape branchcode in admin/branches.pl
23:18 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19738 minor, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, Pushed to Stable , XSS in serials module
23:18 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19911: Do not escape html characters when saving passwords
23:18 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19911: Escape password value during self-registration confirmation
23:18 jenkins * chrisc: Increment version for the 16.11.16 release
23:18 jenkins * unknown: Translation updates for Koha 16.11.16
23:18 jenkins * chrisc: Release notes for 16.11.16
23:18 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19560 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Unable to delete library when branchcode contains special characters
23:18 huginn` Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]_bug.cgi?id=19911 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Passwords displayed to user during self-registration are not HTML-encoded
23:27 cait $mss = Koha::MarcSubfieldStructures->search({ frameworkcode => $fw, kohafield => 'items.materials', authorised_value => { not => undef } });  ... if someone has an idea
23:27 cait i am trying to add another condition authorised_value !=""

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary