IRC log for #koha, 2017-12-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 edveal joined #koha
02:12 Kafilini joined #koha
03:01 kholt joined #koha
03:21 Francesca joined #koha
03:28 JoshB joined #koha
05:06 Francesca joined #koha
05:41 Francesca joined #koha
05:44 Francesca joined #koha
05:46 gandaro joined #koha
06:00 BobB joined #koha
06:16 Francesca joined #koha
06:32 Francesca joined #koha
06:38 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:41 LibraryClaire morning #koha
06:49 Francesca joined #koha
06:53 cait joined #koha
06:55 Francesca joined #koha
06:56 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:56 magnuse ~~~
06:56 josef_moravec morning #koha
07:01 ashimema joined #koha
07:14 Kafilini joined #koha
07:22 cait morning josef_moravec
07:22 cait thx for the qa :)
07:22 josef_moravec cait: you're welcome ;)
07:26 marcelr joined #koha
07:26 marcelr hi #koha
07:27 josef_moravec mi marcelr
07:27 marcelr o/
07:27 josef_moravec s/mi/hi/ ;)
07:27 josef_moravec you understand ;)
07:31 * cait waves at marcelr
07:31 cait bbiab
07:31 marcelr hi cait
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:45 paul_p joined #koha
07:47 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:06 Francesca joined #koha
08:08 sophie_m joined #koha
08:11 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:12 gaetan_B hello
08:12 wahanui privet, gaetan_B
08:19 fridolin joined #koha
08:19 fridolin hi
08:19 cait joined #koha
08:20 fridolin who is freeeeezing like me ? -1°C this morning
08:20 fridolin ice on the car window and all
08:21 fridolin what is next ? 1m snow ?
08:21 fridolin :D
08:22 oha fridolin: we had ice on the walkways for several weeks now :(
08:22 josef_moravec fridolin: me too ;)
08:23 josef_moravec the winter is comng... )
08:27 fridolin walkways for whitewalkers ....
08:30 cait we have a little bit of snow dusted over everything
08:58 laurence joined #koha
08:59 laurence left #koha
09:07 marcelr fridolin: 17951 why not enabel TT cache under Plack?
09:08 fridolin marcelr: we add issues, 2 ways of persistance is not good
09:08 cait hm it's what we recommend atm
09:08 fridolin cait: ATM ?
09:08 cait if you look at the Koha information tab, it will complain if either is not active it hink
09:09 cait at the moment
09:09 marcelr fridolin: the persistance is not in the same area
09:09 marcelr one is the code, other is the template
09:10 fridolin marcelr: I know but we had some issues, TT should not be shared between Plack workers
09:10 fridolin there could be parts that are not the same
09:10 fridolin I dont have explicit example
09:10 marcelr it might be interesting to add a report on that
09:10 fridolin but with plack it is so much faster, we do not need TT cache
09:11 fridolin cait confirmed there can be issues
09:11 marcelr i didnt enable tt cache either, so i cant confirm issues
09:11 cait no i didn't
09:11 fridolin marcelr: yep but i dont know where to tell it
09:11 cait ?
09:11 marcelr and now i am not that motivated to enable it
09:11 cait we have it active now
09:11 cait so far no issues
09:11 cait but we haven't using it for long now
09:11 fridolin cait: ah but you dont recommand it ?
09:12 cait i never said that - i said that using it is what Koha recommends
09:12 cait so if there are issues, we need to track them down and adjust what we tell users to do
09:12 cait because Koha tells you to activate it and that's what we did
09:15 marcelr added a comment in that sense
09:15 fridolin ah oki cait sorry
09:16 fridolin ok we will see if issues can be directly linked to it
09:16 cait sorry, it was confusing
09:16 fridolin lets hope not
09:16 fridolin cait: btw what is ATM ?
09:19 cait atm = at the moment
09:19 cait I've got a SIP related question
09:19 cait we see problems wehre the self checks print/show the wrong due dates
09:19 cait when you change the calendar, the only thing that helps is a sip/plack/whatever restart
09:20 cait is there any way around this? is this a known issue?
09:22 fridolin we are on testing ES Bug 19739
09:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19739 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Add default ES configuration to koha-conf.xml
09:22 fridolin cait: big pb indeed, we are just on it
09:23 fridolin all sysprefs are in this case
09:23 cait ah interesting
09:23 fridolin we know that there is a Koha::Caches flush in plack.psgi
09:23 cait do you know what's cuasing it yet?
09:23 fridolin but is it all caches ?
09:23 fridolin calendar is the worst
09:23 cait i thought command line scripts were not using plack
09:24 fridolin SIP is not a command line script
09:24 fridolin btw whe added a nighly restart of SIP server
09:24 cait yeah, that's what we plan to do now too
09:24 fridolin it is realy adviced
09:25 fridolin for peristance and also memory leaks
09:25 cait fridolin: should I file a bug report?
09:25 fridolin please yes
09:25 fridolin maybe there is already one
09:25 cait I think we never did the restart and it seemed fine on our installations so far -no memory leaks
09:25 fridolin you have seen that with plack 2 workers, when changing a syspref
09:25 cait but the configuration issue makes it necessary
09:26 cait yeah, but it seems better now with 16.11
09:26 cait and memcached
09:26 wahanui memcached is running, but I dunno it Koha uses it.
09:26 fridolin you get the new value, refresh F5, you have the old one ?
09:26 cait yep
09:26 cait i know that, it seems better now since we upgraded and turned on memcached
09:26 fridolin ah strange
09:27 cait I think there is some basic caching gong on without memcached
09:27 cait and that doesn'tnotice when you change a pref
09:27 fridolin maybe defaut koha cache does not support flushing
09:27 cait so far it has been much better with memcached and using 16.11 than before without on 3.22
09:27 cait that's what we guessed
09:27 fridolin interesing
09:34 cait bug 19740
09:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19740 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Self checks calculating wrong due dates  / configuration changes go unnoticed
10:03 eythian hi
10:17 cait hi eythian
10:17 eythian hello cait
10:31 marcelr joined #koha
10:33 eythian hoi marcelr
10:34 marcelr hey eythian
10:34 wahanui go back to bed, eythian
10:34 eythian ahh, would that I could
10:34 marcelr he just got out
10:36 kidclamp joined #koha
10:50 sophie_m1 joined #koha
10:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:18 cait someone familiar with EDIFACT around?
11:28 sophie_m joined #koha
11:30 kidclamp khall is a good bet cait
12:01 laurence joined #koha
12:22 kholt joined #koha
12:36 oleonard joined #koha
12:36 kholt joined #koha
12:37 oleonard Hi #koha
12:38 caboose joined #koha
12:39 * kidclamp waves
12:44 eythian hi oleopard
12:44 meliss joined #koha
12:51 jzairo joined #koha
12:59 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:01 tcohen morning#koha
13:01 LibraryClaire hi tcohen, hi oleonard
13:01 tcohen hi kidclamp, Joubu
13:01 tcohen hi LibraryClaire !
13:01 kellym joined #koha
13:01 eythian LibraryClaire: *oleopard
13:01 eythian sheesh!
13:02 Margaret joined #koha
13:16 nengard joined #koha
13:18 * cait waves
13:22 oleonard Anyone else getting an error on circ/ in master?
13:23 LibraryClaire oleonard, I do if there is potentially something to receive (I think). Otherwise it just tells me no transfers
13:23 LibraryClaire ie, after I changed branch I got Internal Server error
13:23 oleonard Thanks LibraryClaire
13:24 LibraryClaire and a char encoding message in hte JS Console
13:24 oleonard Monday log: Sanity Check #1 passed.
13:24 LibraryClaire sanity is overrated
13:24 * LibraryClaire grins
13:25 oleonard LibraryClaire: I think the console error happens because the error page isn't well formed
13:26 LibraryClaire gotcha
13:31 talljoy joined #koha
13:33 eythian It's like the apache message you sometimes see, along the lines of "your request was a 404, but I also got a 404 while trying to find the error page."
13:36 clrh hellow
13:38 oleonard Hi clrh!
13:38 clrh :)
13:39 cait hi clrh :)
13:40 cait oleonard: while you are testing internal server errors... could yo try to add a manual lost fee without barcode and see if you get one there (when trying to pay)?
13:40 cait i had this yesterday on master, couldn't verify yet
13:42 oleonard My devbox is running like cold molasses today
13:51 cait oleonard: you triggered a discussion about molasses here
13:51 NateC joined #koha
13:51 cait it's that kind of monday
13:52 oleonard I'm in the pro-molasses camp if anyone is keeping track.
13:52 LibraryClaire molasses is treacle, or?
13:52 * tcohen googles
13:52 oleonard LibraryClaire: Yes
13:52 cait now it's a global molasses discussion :P
13:52 LibraryClaire I'm not a big fan
13:52 * LibraryClaire gives away treacle pudding
13:53 oleonard Never heard of that. But you must have it for gingerbread
13:56 LibraryClaire aaah
13:56 LibraryClaire tracle pudding is a steamed sticky pudding
13:56 LibraryClaire *teacle
13:56 LibraryClaire *treacle
13:56 LibraryClaire I approve of gingerbread
13:56 oleonard Americans aren't much for steamed sticky puddings in general
13:56 LibraryClaire The English are
13:57 Joubu hi #koha
13:57 cait I'd like to try and find out:)
13:57 LibraryClaire hi Joubu
13:57 cait Joubu: what's your opinion on molasses?
13:59 Joubu cait: no idea, I need to think about it!
13:59 cait :D
13:59 cait trying to update https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]supported_by_Koha
13:59 cait someone something to add?
14:01 oleonard I don't know if we have a quorum of Americans, but I want to know their position on the pumpkin pie vs. sweet potato pie divide.
14:01 LibraryClaire I have never had either - are they sweet or savoury?
14:01 oleonard Sweet
14:01 Joubu cait: the wiki meeting pages are updated when I execute a script
14:03 Joubu I have just run it
14:03 Joubu the next meeting date line was not formated as expected
14:03 * oleonard invites everyone to his house for a pie-testing session
14:03 kidclamp fruit pies are better than those mush-pies oleonard
14:03 cait oleonard: i'd really like help with taste testing :) also pecan pie
14:04 kidclamp banoffee pie is amazing though
14:04 cait Joubu: what's the exepcation?
14:04 kidclamp molasses has its uses
14:04 * LibraryClaire RSVPs to oleonard's pie party
14:04 cait expectation
14:04 wahanui somebody said expectation was that it's hidden - cait is not saying other use cases wouldn't make sense too
14:04 oleonard cait: A chocolate pecan pie is one of my regular contributions to Thanksgiving
14:04 LibraryClaire I love pecan anything
14:05 Joubu cait: Bernardo told me that the po files for the manual are up-to-date on pootle
14:05 cait cool
14:05 Joubu which means it is translatable :)
14:06 Joubu mao: 4610 submissions
14:06 cait tcohen: can you help me update the rest api bit on the wiki?
14:06 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "I get this error after checking out 17.05.x" (2 lines) at
14:07 tcohen cait: what do you need, specifically?
14:07 cait Koha has an older REST API, but a newer more modern REST API is in development, several endpoints are already available.. See [[New REST API RFC]] for details.
14:07 cait sound good?
14:07 Joubu oleonard: yes, version of swagger differ between 17.11 and 17.05
14:07 Joubu you should edit the psgi files, comment the "api" lines and restart plack
14:07 cait tcohen: updating the api and protocols website because i want to link to it
14:07 Joubu (the rest api will not work)
14:07 tcohen I'd say Koha has and older web API. A REST api is in development
14:09 oleonard Joubu: The psgi files in /etc/koha?
14:09 cait i think it was referring to the biblios api that is REST
14:09 tcohen oleonard: just install libmojolicious-plugin-openapi-perl
14:09 cait but changing, sounds good
14:09 cait is the wiki page the one we shoudl refer to?
14:09 cait the rfc one?
14:10 oleonard tcohen: It is installed
14:10 tcohen cait: I don't think is REST
14:10 kmlussier joined #koha
14:11 tcohen (using POST to perform updates, but not important)
14:11 cait nope, changed as you said first
14:11 tcohen oleonard: I haven't read your question which Joubu is answering, sorry, out of context
14:12 oleonard Okay. Joubu's suggestion worked.
14:12 * tcohen just didn't think disabling the REST api would be ok
14:16 tcohen Joubu++
14:19 oleonard having to switch between branches with file name case changes on a Windows machine is what will finally drive me over the edge
14:21 cait heh
14:27 cait done - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]supported_by_Koha
14:30 tcohen cait++
14:31 cait hope it's all good
14:31 cait added some things like epayment options and oauth
14:32 Joubu @later tell rangi can you generate the manual translated for the other languages please?
14:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:32 Joubu @later tell rangi I'd like to add the links from the website
14:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:32 Joubu @later tell rangi only en, fr and es work apparently
14:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:35 gaetan_B left #koha
14:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:37 gaetan_B hello
14:37 wahanui hi, gaetan_B
14:39 Stompro joined #koha
14:40 tcohen hi gaetan_B
14:42 edveal joined #koha
14:48 Joubu ready?
14:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Koha 17.12 - Panuku (start of a new dev cycle) <[…]ae74c222367495900>
14:48 cait :)
15:06 jbeno1 joined #koha
15:08 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:12 cait left #koha
15:13 oleonard Okay, I was going to try to git bisect the problem with but someone is going to catch fire, my computer or me.
15:14 oleonard I give up.
15:24 Joubu "the problem"?
15:27 oleonard Joubu: In master I get "internal server error" when trying to access circ/
15:28 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #301: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/301/
15:28 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Koha 17.12 - Panuku (start of a new dev cycle)
15:31 rocio joined #koha
15:31 Joubu oleonard: it's the itemtype, it does not exist
15:31 Joubu (just a guessà
15:31 Joubu à
15:31 Joubu )
15:35 reiveune bye
15:35 reiveune left #koha
15:36 alex_a joined #koha
16:07 misilot joined #koha
16:10 charles joined #koha
16:12 ccordova joined #koha
16:12 charles hi guys, i'm running the fines script on koha 16.11.12 and it shows me the following errors
16:12 kidclamp oleonard++
16:13 charles koha has some scripts to review the structure of the database
16:13 fridolin left #koha
16:56 oleonard Joubu: If you meant that there was a pending transfer item with an invalid itemtype, that doesn't seem to be the case. For what it's worth.
17:17 gaetan_B left #koha
17:30 oleonard Bye all
17:39 LeeJ joined #koha
17:40 * LeeJ waves
17:40 LeeJ hi #koha
17:52 edveal Hi LeeJ
17:54 LeeJ heya edveal
17:55 LeeJ edveal: thoughts on a taiga over the current framapad for a docs TODO?
17:56 ccordova joined #koha
17:58 edveal None at the moment, I have just had a few minutes to look at the current framepad and don’t know a lot about taiga (never used it)
18:01 Joubu oleonard: what is the error you got?
18:01 wahanui somebody said the error you got was about wrong password comparison, try to find what strings are compared
18:03 Joubu charles: did you report the bug? Does it happen on master too?
18:06 cait joined #koha
18:09 * LeeJ waves to caboose
18:09 caboose hi LeeJ!
18:09 LeeJ caboose: same question to you that I just asked edveal...thoughts on taiga over the current framapad for kohadocs TODO? (taiga is what was used for project management for the 17.11 release)
18:10 caboose I like Tiaga
18:10 caboose I'm more familiar with it :)
18:10 LeeJ then I'll make a Taiga for it and we can play around with it :)
18:10 LeeJ edveal don't's pretty easy to get the hang of :)
18:11 caboose sweet
18:11 caboose LeeJ++
18:13 LeeJ caboose edveal[…]adocs-1805/kanban
18:13 caboose sweetness
18:13 caboose can we meet up some time this week..I'd like to get a good idea of our strategies :)
18:14 LeeJ same..I'm good pretty much any time outside of 10-11:30 AM EST
18:15 caboose I'm good all day tomorrow except for 1-2...and all day thursday except 2-3
18:15 LeeJ edveal: judging from the WHOIS on your I correct you're UTC - 8?
18:17 LeeJ apparently whois is very says I'm in Quebec :P
18:17 caboose I'm UTC -5...
18:17 LeeJ as am I
18:20 dpk_ joined #koha
18:22 LeeJ caboose edveal I sent a taiga invitation link and made both of you fellow admins on the project
18:22 caboose thanks LeeJ!
18:25 * LeeJ waves to cait
18:25 cait :)
18:26 LeeJ cait: just an FYI...I thought we could try a taiga kanban for 18.05 docs this round...would you like to be added as a member? :)
18:27 LeeJ even though you passed documentation off I thought I'd offer anyway :)
18:27 cait heh
18:27 cait what's the purpose?
18:27 wahanui the purpose is probably to add Invoice management.
18:27 cait coordinate work?
18:28 LeeJ cait: that and also to hopefully somewhat structure documentation progress
18:28 cait sounds good
18:28 LeeJ since for 17.11 we had "assigned" documentation parts I think it makes sense
18:28 cait maybe keep the framapad and move from there to kanban for those who are not members
18:29 LeeJ exactly
18:29 cait assigned?
18:29 LeeJ like we would mark our name next to documentation that needed to be done
18:29 cait i'd like to peek, if i am welcome :)
18:29 LeeJ of course you are! It's rather bare but still :)
18:30 LeeJ cait: it's bare because I just created it 5 minutes ago
18:31 cait hm let me chck which email i use for taiga
18:31 cait ah the browser remembered :)
18:45 edveal LeeJ got your Taiga invite, So it is like Slack?
18:45 LeeJ edveal: very similar
18:46 LeeJ edveal: are you familiar with the concept of kanban?
18:47 edveal Oh yes...
18:48 LeeJ well taiga functions as a kanban board
18:48 tcohen Slack is for messaging
18:48 LeeJ I'm working on a basic informational wiki right now as well as adding the "big tasks" under Epics
18:49 edveal Ah so it is more like Toggle
18:49 LeeJ big tasks basically meaning things like doing another scour to make sure we have all previously-merged features, etc. included
18:49 LeeJ edveal along those lines
18:53 Joubu LeeJ: why do not you use the existing kanban?
18:56 edveal Time to go to the reference desk. bbiab
19:02 oleonard joined #koha
19:09 LeeJ Joubu: didn't think about it honestly
19:10 rocio_ joined #koha
19:10 Joubu LeeJ: we already have lot of guys on the existing board, but not much activity
19:11 Joubu I'd would make sense to me to use it for everything koha related (when a kanban board is needed)
19:11 Joubu the filters will permit to only display the koha manual cards
19:11 Joubu (it's just a suggestion ;))
19:13 LeeJ I'll talk with the other two when they're on again :P
19:17 Joubu @later tell oleonard what is the error you got?
19:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:17 oleonard I'm here Joubu
19:18 Joubu oleonard: what is the error you got with the script?
19:20 oleonard Joubu I'm on a different machine now and can't reproduce it. LibraryClaire said she got the error too so I guess she and I should compare notes.
19:23 Joubu oleonard: I recreated a 500 (method description called on undefined value) when the item was using an itemtype that was not defined in the system
19:23 Joubu oleonard: let me know the exact error when you can
19:23 oleonard I will Joubu, thanks
19:23 tcohen bye #koha
19:34 Joubu LeeJ:[…]programscreenshot
19:35 LeeJ Joubu: :O
19:35 * LeeJ instantly bookmarks
19:48 jbeno1 joined #koha
19:50 Joubu @later tell rangi found them on! Do not now if it is expected
19:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:50 cait :)
19:54 Joubu
19:54 Joubu that rocks, right?
19:55 wizzyrea it's pretty good :)
19:56 Joubu imagine with epub and pdf! ;)
19:56 LeeJ Joubu: it' beautiful :')
20:00 LeeJ cait: am I correct that only the 'NEW' status is used for Documentation bugs currently when searching for open documentation bug reports?
20:03 cait LeeJ: i think noone adopted one yet
20:03 cait NEW means filed but noone took it
20:03 LeeJ great :)
20:05 cait Joubu: ebub and pdf would be nice
20:05 cait but tedious to do manually, need an automated workflow then :)
20:05 Joubu cait: yes, automatically of course
20:10 Joubu translated screenshots for the manual: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lated_screenshots
20:11 cait :)
20:11 cait so we put all images in the same directory?
20:11 cait but i guess sorting them you could easily see which ones are missing
20:15 Joubu it's the default, we can change that if needed
20:15 Joubu as you said it's not that bad, we will see easily what is missing (and catch typo)
20:22 cait Joubu: worth mentioning in your next newsletter :)
20:23 Joubu yep
20:39 Joubu @later tell rangi openhub has the "new dev" info indeed, but the last update for the Koha project was 9 month ago...
20:39 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:41 cait :)
20:42 cait lots of things going on tonight
20:42 LeeJ indeed!
21:13 LeeJ Joubu: obviously it's nowhere near top priority but I know you've done some work with the Help files..what do you think about this docs bug I just noticed? Bug 11115
21:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11115 new feature, P5 - low, ---, indradg, NEW , Pull help files from the manual
21:18 cait LeeJ: we had discussed it at an irc meeting
21:18 cait it was on my todo list to ask on the mailing list if linking to the manual instead of included help files would be ok
21:19 cait with an option to link to a local copy if a library wants it (url preference or similar)
21:19 cait after translations were sorted out
21:19 LeeJ cait: okay...I'll have to look back in the meeting minutes when I get chance then :)
21:20 cait it was some time ago - took a while with the translations :(
21:21 LeeJ cait: no worries! I'll find it eventually :)
21:21 LeeJ well I think that's enough for one day..have a good night #koha
21:22 cait have a nice evening LeeJ
21:28 kholt joined #koha
21:57 Joubu @later tell LeeJ bug 11115 is a priority for me
21:57 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
22:26 caboose joined #koha
22:29 Joubu @later tell rangi I contacted openhub guys and they updated the project's info!
22:29 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
22:40 dilan joined #koha
22:42 ccordova joined #koha
22:45 dilan joined #koha
23:12 Francesca joined #koha
23:21 cait1 joined #koha
23:53 Francesca joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary